PDA

View Full Version : Blu Coral - D15, Telok Kurau Lorong L (FreeHold)

latour
30-03-08, 22:05
Anyone visited the showroom and saw this one, any details ?

Unregistered
31-03-08, 09:18
Anyone visited the showroom and saw this one, any details ?

Yes! Was there with some friends last weekend. We got a unit. Attractive $psf. Compared to surrounding developments...certainly good value.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 13:57
Yes! Was there with some friends last weekend. We got a unit. Attractive $psf. Compared to surrounding developments...certainly good value.

Indeed the prices very atttactive, think this is a sign of price dropping already, small developers cannot hold too long....

Unregistered
31-03-08, 14:10
Blu Coral and Ambrosia - which one is better value for money ?

Unregistered
31-03-08, 15:16

Blu Coral....

Unregistered
31-03-08, 15:27

If you look at Blu Coral's layout, there is alot of Planter Boxes. Compare that to the Ambrosia and you will find that the Ambrosia is more expensive, but has less of these Planter Boxes.

Personally, I find these planter boxes kinda useless. Also, Blu Coral's location is right in the middle of the Telok Kurau estate, making it "neither here nor there".

Unregistered
02-04-08, 16:35
If you look at Blu Coral's layout, there is alot of Planter Boxes. Compare that to the Ambrosia and you will find that the Ambrosia is more expensive, but has less of these Planter Boxes.

Personally, I find these planter boxes kinda useless. Also, Blu Coral's location is right in the middle of the Telok Kurau estate, making it "neither here nor there".

I was at both projects. Both have lots of planter boxes... just like all new developments! However, between the two maybe Ambrosia has a slightly better advantage in terms of location but all things considered, I still find Blu Coral to be of better value.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 17:50
i went to both showrooms too. In the end, got an unit at Blu-coral. Amborsia over stated and under rated. i suspect ambrosia was priced so high was because the develope paid a higher price for the area.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 00:58
those who got it, can share the price / area?
interested in this project, first time getting a place and duno what to look out for... can shed some light / info on this project plssssss.....
thanks!!!!!

Unregistered
10-04-08, 00:58
i went to both showrooms too. In the end, got an unit at Blu-coral. Amborsia over stated and under rated. i suspect ambrosia was priced so high was because the develope paid a higher price for the area.

Agree. Though I didn't have the intention to buy anything right now, I almost changed my mind when I visited Blu Coral. Still thinking about it right now. May take the plunge. Can't decide :(

Unregistered
10-04-08, 11:03
those who got it, can share the price / area?
interested in this project, first time getting a place and duno what to look out for... can shed some light / info on this project plssssss.....
thanks!!!!!

Pricing starts from $600+psf for the penthse. The proj is now more than half sold so go check out their showroom before it is closed. When I was there last week, there are still a few choice units but moving fast due to good pricing for the location. Gd Luck!

Unregistered
10-04-08, 12:53
Although the prices stated was $650 psf.. this was more for the penthhouse units.... 3 bedrooms... you are looking around $850psf...

Blu Coral is still nearer to Kembangan MRT as compared to Ambrosia so it is still better value to compare... plus did anyone notice Blu Coral is marketed as condominium but Amborsia is silent on this... it is probably classified as apartments? Can anyone shed light on this?

Unregistered
10-04-08, 12:57
Planter boxes can desk up what.... so don't really make any difference right?

i like the more urban look of the blu coral's facade... and both are freehold... all things being equal... i still prefer blu-coral

East Mints
10-04-08, 18:07
Anybody else bought Blu Coral? It wil be there to know what you thing of this development.

Planter Blunder
10-04-08, 21:07
too many planter boxes = wasted space = short changed in terms of paying more for the space but actually getting less liveable space.

add up all the space of planter boxes and you will realize how much U lose and
how much is extra profits for them.

if its a balcony that is also Ok because you can put in furniture etc but for planter boxes, there is a requirement by the MCST that you cannot cover it
up and other restrictions etc etc due to weight loading is less.

now if u ask the sales person at the showroom they wont tell you all these
because i asked this question and could not get a professional reply......

dont believe - go n ask the owners of new condos eg City Lights which also
has planter boxes.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 22:32
Although the prices stated was $650 psf.. this was more for the penthhouse units.... 3 bedrooms... you are looking around $850psf...

Blu Coral is still nearer to Kembangan MRT as compared to Ambrosia so it is still better value to compare... plus did anyone notice Blu Coral is marketed as condominium but Amborsia is silent on this... it is probably classified as apartments? Can anyone shed light on this?

Yes! You're right. Blu Coral is classified as a "condominium" unlike others in the same area. You don't get many condos in this area.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 10:06
too many planter boxes = wasted space = short changed in terms of paying more for the space but actually getting less liveable space.

add up all the space of planter boxes and you will realize how much U lose and
how much is extra profits for them.

if its a balcony that is also Ok because you can put in furniture etc but for planter boxes, there is a requirement by the MCST that you cannot cover it
up and other restrictions etc etc due to weight loading is less.

now if u ask the sales person at the showroom they wont tell you all these
because i asked this question and could not get a professional reply......

dont believe - go n ask the owners of new condos eg City Lights which also
has planter boxes.

even if you can't desk it up... there are many other ways to get creative to desk it up as balcony... no harm done.....

Unregistered
11-04-08, 12:26
even if you can't desk it up... there are many other ways to get creative to desk it up as balcony... no harm done.....

Ya, enough to stretch legs out, relax and hopefully watch some chio bu walk by... if lucky can also see some long kang...

East Mints
16-04-08, 14:43
isn't it true that you can cover the planter box by timber strips so long as it is not permanently convered. It is a requirement by the URA and not the MCST.

Meow
25-05-08, 15:05
Anyone any update on this project? am very interested but still considering...

5 cents
25-05-08, 16:58
updates cock or what!

5 cents
25-05-08, 16:58
updates cock or what!

Meow
26-05-08, 00:10
updates cock or what!

If you have update, then write... dun talk cock..

paperplate
26-05-08, 00:34
Yes! You're right. Blu Coral is classified as a "condominium" unlike others in the same area. You don't get many condos in this area.

Just my personal opinion, to me it does not matter whether it is a condo or apartment status. One should focus more one facilities.

Last time people are concerned over apartment status because foreigners are not eligible to buy, but this is not the case now anymore.

To me, facilities are quite important apart from the location and price. Blu coral does not have a tennis court and even though the land size qualifies to be a condo status, it does not fully justify itself as a condominium in terms of its facilities.

Be it for investment or self stay, I am sure we all want to enjoy good facilities for the 'extra' amount we paid for compared to HDB flats. I also observed that by having a good sizeable pool area is very impt for rental. Alot of expats and their families like to gather around the pool area for functions etc or having suntanning(for angmors)

Many boutique apts claimed to have a pool, but it is pointless for having a pool of less den 20m as u cannot possibly swim(rather call it a dipping pool will be more appropriate) and u have to pay extra maintenance fee for it.

Personally, I will only go for projects that have more than 30 units as it should be quite safe for not having to pay huge maintenance fees and sinking fund for future refurbishments.

Meow
27-05-08, 14:06
Just my personal opinion, to me it does not matter whether it is a condo or apartment status. One should focus more one facilities.

Last time people are concerned over apartment status because foreigners are not eligible to buy, but this is not the case now anymore.

To me, facilities are quite important apart from the location and price. Blu coral does not have a tennis court and even though the land size qualifies to be a condo status, it does not fully justify itself as a condominium in terms of its facilities.

Be it for investment or self stay, I am sure we all want to enjoy good facilities for the 'extra' amount we paid for compared to HDB flats. I also observed that by having a good sizeable pool area is very impt for rental. Alot of expats and their families like to gather around the pool area for functions etc or having suntanning(for angmors)

Many boutique apts claimed to have a pool, but it is pointless for having a pool of less den 20m as u cannot possibly swim(rather call it a dipping pool will be more appropriate) and u have to pay extra maintenance fee for it.

Personally, I will only go for projects that have more than 30 units as it should be quite safe for not having to pay huge maintenance fees and sinking fund for future refurbishments.

So for the price currently for Blu Coral, can buy?

buy
28-05-08, 23:02
how the project/?

Sniper
30-05-08, 17:41
I personally prefer small developments as the facilities are more exclusive. If choose big developments like those 100 units and above, though you pay lower maint fee, but need to "compete" with the crowd for the pool => might as well stay in HDB and go public swimming pool

Unregistered2
30-05-08, 20:40
I personally prefer small developments as the facilities are more exclusive. If choose big developments like those 100 units and above, though you pay lower maint fee, but need to "compete" with the crowd for the pool => might as well stay in HDB and go public swimming pool

problem is as mentioned in the above posts, for small developments, all u need is a few people to completely fill the pool ... so in essence with your argument, the public swimming pool is much better ...

Unregistered2
30-05-08, 20:42
... and exclusivity is normally defined by location not by project ...

just my 2 cents :)

paperplate
31-05-08, 14:21
I believe different stroke for different folk...

For eg. when u gets richer, u will start to think differently...

Some very rich ppl may regard exclusivity to bungalows with pte pool etc that comes along with a prestigious address and estate.

Just go according to ur budget and needs. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...Do not expect everyone else to fancy your wife too? Just a joke..hehe~

kal
31-05-08, 21:22

Some very rich ppl may regard exclusivity to bungalows with pte pool etc that comes along with a prestigious address and estate.

Just go according to ur budget and needs. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...Do not expect everyone else to fancy your wife too? Just a joke..hehe~

Well said ! agree !!

Unregistered2
01-06-08, 22:04

my point exactly ... exclusivity is normally associated with location first and then project. If Blu Coral was in Nassim Road, you'd expect the project would command a higher price as well as different caliber of suitors.

Yes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but if you're thinking of seeing your investments (in this case property) grow rapidly, then you need a lot of 'beholders' for your investments ... in the case of a small apartment in Telok Kurau, yes it can be for home stay (I don't see any issues with that) but in terms of investing in it, I'll look elsewhere.

paperplate
02-06-08, 01:01
my point exactly ... exclusivity is normally associated with location first and then project. If Blu Coral was in Nassim Road, you'd expect the project would command a higher price as well as different caliber of suitors.

Yes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but if you're thinking of seeing your investments (in this case property) grow rapidly, then you need a lot of 'beholders' for your investments ... in the case of a small apartment in Telok Kurau, yes it can be for home stay (I don't see any issues with that) but in terms of investing in it, I'll look elsewhere.

I sort of agree with u that telok kurau area is not a gd place for investment. For eg, first few projects like 'the treeline' was launched at around 600-650psf during Aug06 and recently most new launches in that area fetch about 850-950psf..so in terms of capital appreciation is about 40%..The unit i bot at JLB residences...developer's initial launch is around 600psf and I bot it ard 750psf...around 25% appreciation(worst than telok kurau area)...Most properties in D9,10,11 have almost doubled in value for the past 2 yrs. Dont forget upcoming D8...hehe

I think we can factor in growth history to determine whether it is a grade A or F invesment..

However, mass market is still appreciating gradually in prices whereas prime properties are under correction right now....

buy
02-06-08, 11:09
many new project coming up here?

ER
04-06-08, 09:54
I sort of agree with u that telok kurau area is not a gd place for investment. For eg, first few projects like 'the treeline' was launched at around 600-650psf during Aug06 and recently most new launches in that area fetch about 850-950psf..so in terms of capital appreciation is about 40%..The unit i bot at JLB residences...developer's initial launch is around 600psf and I bot it ard 750psf...around 25% appreciation(worst than telok kurau area)...Most properties in D9,10,11 have almost doubled in value for the past 2 yrs. Dont forget upcoming D8...hehe

I think we can factor in growth history to determine whether it is a grade A or F invesment..

However, mass market is still appreciating gradually in prices whereas prime properties are under correction right now....

Most of the buyers at Telok Kurau are for staying lah.

Having said that, people have to remember that you need more capital to venture into the prime district to invest, while the appreciation maybe higher, in any crisis, these same areas are the one to be affected.

Unregistered2
04-06-08, 15:40
Most of the buyers at Telok Kurau are for staying lah.

Having said that, people have to remember that you need more capital to venture into the prime district to invest, while the appreciation maybe higher, in any crisis, these same areas are the one to be affected.

Not true ... If i remember correctly, during the last crisis, prime properties did not depreciate as much as mass market ...

buy
04-06-08, 23:09
i do agree that telok kura is more for own staying then investing

Joker
05-06-08, 19:20
problem is as mentioned in the above posts, for small developments, all u need is a few people to completely fill the pool ... so in essence with your argument, the public swimming pool is much better ...

Yes, public swimming pools have perverts starring at you while you swim/bathe...

Sniper
05-06-08, 19:26
... and exclusivity is normally defined by location not by project ...

just my 2 cents :)

Sorry, dun get ur definition here. How would exclusivity be linked with location? U mean if I own a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio cannot be more exclusive than a public swimming pool in River Valley?

Unregistered123
05-06-08, 21:43
Yes, public swimming pools have perverts starring at you while you swim/bathe...

well at least they stare .. with smaller pools due to space constraint .. much easier for them to grope at you ... i have a feeling you like that don't you?

Unregistered123
05-06-08, 21:49
Sorry, dun get ur definition here. How would exclusivity be linked with location? U mean if I own a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio cannot be more exclusive than a public swimming pool in River Valley?

I believe he is talking about properties in general while you are just making stupid and irrelevant comparisons!

if you compare a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio and a cluster terrace with a private pool in River Valley, which do you think would be considered more exclusive and expensive?

sigh ....

Cheap condo
05-06-08, 23:07
If swimming pool only 1m wide and 20m long, what's the point? Just go dip issit? I saw one in Telok Kurau with 2 kids in the pool and already crowded! At max can take 2 kids and then full house already.

Telok Kurau is cheap, but for good reason - squeeze 80 units in small bungalow land - cannot imagine how cramped it is. Non-existent facilities is also another reason for the cheapness. In fact, staying in such condos is like staying in HDB! Need to go use public pool and public tennis court! No wonder you keep mentioning HDB because the "condo" feels like one.

ER
06-06-08, 08:54
well at least they stare .. with smaller pools due to space constraint .. much easier for them to grope at you ... i have a feeling you like that don't you?

This is totally uncalled for.

Having a pool at your backyard , no matter how small, is still a luxury.

Sniper
06-06-08, 09:13
I believe he is talking about properties in general while you are just making stupid and irrelevant comparisons!

if you compare a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio and a cluster terrace with a private pool in River Valley, which do you think would be considered more exclusive and expensive?

sigh ....

Eh, u are the idiot who did not understand the original statement of the starter. Exclusivity is linked to project more than location. Bigger Sighhhhh....

Sniper
06-06-08, 09:17
If swimming pool only 1m wide and 20m long, what's the point? Just go dip issit? I saw one in Telok Kurau with 2 kids in the pool and already crowded! At max can take 2 kids and then full house already.

Telok Kurau is cheap, but for good reason - squeeze 80 units in small bungalow land - cannot imagine how cramped it is. Non-existent facilities is also another reason for the cheapness. In fact, staying in such condos is like staying in HDB! Need to go use public pool and public tennis court! No wonder you keep mentioning HDB because the "condo" feels like one.

Well, u can choose to stay in large development condos which are cheap too for goodness sake (for instance, Kovan Melody) and enjoy queueing and squeezing with a massive crowd of swimmers which in other words no difference from a public swimming pool or choose to stay in small exclusive developments like Telok Kurau, and enjoy soaking in a small pool and chill out with a drink. You choice, your money....

Sniper
06-06-08, 09:20

Nah, I think you preferred to expose yourself in a public swimming pool and have fun being poked at a corner of the washroom :-)

Unregistered123
06-06-08, 10:33
This is totally uncalled for.

Having a pool at your backyard , no matter how small, is still a luxury.

You're not getting the gist of the argument here .. don't be so dim-witted. Understand why the comment was made in first place before shooting off.

Unregistered123
06-06-08, 10:37
Eh, u are the idiot who did not understand the original statement of the starter. Exclusivity is linked to project more than location. Bigger Sighhhhh....

Haha ... if you only knew who the starter was. Please don't make yourself look like a REAL idiot and make daft observations. We're actually laughing at your comments as undeniably you're making no sense.

Rule 1 in property investments - It's all about location!

Unregistered123
06-06-08, 10:39
Nah, I think you preferred to expose yourself in a public swimming pool and have fun being poked at a corner of the washroom :-)

Nice one ... but please don't bring your experiences and fantasies to this forum. Thank you.

Unregistered123
06-06-08, 10:52
Well, u can choose to stay in large development condos which are cheap too for goodness sake (for instance, Kovan Melody) and enjoy queueing and squeezing with a massive crowd of swimmers which in other words no difference from a public swimming pool or choose to stay in small exclusive developments like Telok Kurau, and enjoy soaking in a small pool and chill out with a drink. You choice, your money....

It's cheaper not because of the project itself but location. Try to explain to me why larger projects like Cote D'Azur is valued more than small developments in TK?

many lousy investors here
06-06-08, 11:59

Agreed! Put a run down walk up condo without elevator on St Thomas Walk or Oxley and it is worth $1600 psf now that en bloc has died.

The same run down condo in Telok Kurau maybe worth $700 psf.

You put an attap house on Grange Road and it is worth a lot more than the same attap house in Buangkok.

It is the location and the land that the property is sitting on, STUPID!

Peace
06-06-08, 12:40
Different stroke for different folk!

Rule No.1 for buying a property be it self stay/investment:

Do you financial budgeting!

Sniper
06-06-08, 16:42
Nice one ... but please don't bring your experiences and fantasies to this forum. Thank you.

I can't help it cos just witnessed some poking actions the other day at a public swimming pool washroom...hope its not u...may i remind u and ur partner to keep these actions within your small studio space next time?

Now tats y I choose to buy small devts with small private pools. :-)

Sniper
06-06-08, 16:51
Haha ... if you only knew who the starter was. Please don't make yourself look like a REAL idiot and make daft observations. We're actually laughing at your comments as undeniably you're making no sense.

Overrule your rule! Now tell me which is more liveable? For the same amount of $, to squeeze and breathe in a studio apt (600 sq ft @ 2000 psf) within the prime district or to stay in a 3 bedroom apt (1500 sq ft @ 800 psf) in Telok Kurau?

Rule 0 before 1 in property investment - How much dough do u hv!

Life matters
06-06-08, 16:56
In my mind, I go for (i) Prime locations with so-so facilities since land is expensive (ii) Suburbs with lots of space and good facilities. So Telok Kurau appears to be inconvenient, poor location and no facilities. So if you want to give swimming classes or tennis lessons to your kids, you would have to go to share public pools and tennis courts which is a nightmare. The swimming pools in larger developments tend to be largely underutilised - only the ang mohs always suntan around the pools. It's nowhere near the situation in public pools. But for a small pond, once you see 3 person inside, which is quite high probability, you can't use it anymore. In any case, you just can't swim in it, unless you're the inactive sort. But of course buy within your budget - but staying in a place that is both inconvenient and provide no facilities could be worse off than staying in a HDB. At least some HDB are more convenient. Don't stay in a private address just because you want a private address in your IC. At the end of the day, ask yourself how it can improve your quality of life.

Sniper
06-06-08, 16:59
Agreed! Put a run down walk up condo without elevator on St Thomas Walk or Oxley and it is worth $1600 psf now that en bloc has died.

The same run down condo in Telok Kurau maybe worth $700 psf.

You put an attap house on Grange Road and it is worth a lot more than the same attap house in Buangkok.

It is the location and the land that the property is sitting on, STUPID!

For the same amount of $, wld u buy an attap house along Grange Road vs a Bungalow in Telor Kurau? Please lah, u can talk as big as u want, but I pity u that u can't even afford a private property, tats y u r here speaking of sour grapes when u dun even get to eat the grape seeds. Pls go back to ur HDB flat and count the notes hidding under ur pillow before u come and comment on folks here being lousy investors.

Sniper
06-06-08, 17:17
In my mind, I go for (i) Prime locations with so-so facilities since land is expensive (ii) Suburbs with lots of space and good facilities. So Telok Kurau appears to be inconvenient, poor location and no facilities. So if you want to give swimming classes or tennis lessons to your kids, you would have to go to share public pools and tennis courts which is a nightmare. The swimming pools in larger developments tend to be largely underutilised - only the ang mohs always suntan around the pools. It's nowhere near the situation in public pools. But for a small pond, once you see 3 person inside, which is quite high probability, you can't use it anymore. In any case, you just can't swim in it, unless you're the inactive sort. But of course buy within your budget - but staying in a place that is both inconvenient and provide no facilities could be worse off than staying in a HDB. At least some HDB are more convenient. Don't stay in a private address just because you want a private address in your IC. At the end of the day, ask yourself how it can improve your quality of life.

U think folks staying in Telok Kurau care to take bus or MRT? If u can afford private property but end up with no car to drive, yes, u r jolly well better staying in HDB. Likewise, wat's the point of staying in a prime district and take MRT/bus to work everyday? Worst still, u are squeezing and breathing within a space constrained studio apt or 1+1 bedrm unit and the opportunity for u to stretch urself is the large swimming pool it provides. Think abt it, why are u paying so much more for the large pool and facilities where u hardly spend more than 2 hours a day when u should be more concerned abt the size of ur unit where u rest and sleep in?

Sniper
06-06-08, 17:47

sigh ....

Now u r making no sense, comparing the same type of property but in different locations, exclusivity is the same. U still get the same number of users for the private pool. River Valley is definitely more expensive but that does not make it more exclusive. It is the project that makes it exclusive, not the location. U should check ur dictionary the definition of exclusive. Damn, why am I wasting time educating a kid on school holiday????

Sniper
06-06-08, 18:04
Not true ... If i remember correctly, during the last crisis, prime properties did not depreciate as much as mass market ...

Ur memory doesn't fail u but ur maths and common sense did. What is the downside of a 2000psf prime property vs a 800psf telok kurau property when market swings down 40%?

taylorMaking
06-06-08, 20:04
dont quarrel liao... like me best ah, play golf loh, who cares have swimming pool/ tennis course or not... just take the golf bag and happily go golfing~~~

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 12:23
I can't help it cos just witnessed some poking actions the other day at a public swimming pool washroom...hope its not u...may i remind u and ur partner to keep these actions within your small studio space next time?

Now tats y I choose to buy small devts with small private pools. :-)

Err ... What were you doing at a Public Swimming pool in the first place? Thought you preferred the exclusivity of a small private pool?

Please small man with small budget, don't post any more as you're seriously undermining your credibility.

Just a thought - you probably call yourself Sniper cos you're loaded with a small bullet ...

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 12:27
Overrule your rule! Now tell me which is more liveable? For the same amount of $, to squeeze and breathe in a studio apt (600 sq ft @ 2000 psf) within the prime district or to stay in a 3 bedroom apt (1500 sq ft @ 800 psf) in Telok Kurau?

Rule 0 before 1 in property investment - How much dough do u hv!

That rule is only applicable to you because of your budget size!

Based on your logic, might as well stay in JB. Bigger houses for a much cheaper price. Perfect for you!

Sniper
07-06-08, 12:39
Err ... What were you doing at a Public Swimming pool in the first place? Thought you preferred the exclusivity of a small private pool?

Please small man with small budget, don't post any more as you're seriously undermining your credibility.

Just a thought - you probably call yourself Sniper cos you're loaded with a small bullet ...

Bec of disgusting faggots like u, I have since stopped patronising public swimming pools and decide to go for small devts with exclusive private pool in Telok Kurau.

My name is Sniper, yes, I have small bullets better than u lose all your bullets in another faggot's hole.

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 12:43
Now u r making no sense, comparing the same type of property but in different locations, exclusivity is the same. U still get the same number of users for the private pool. River Valley is definitely more expensive but that does not make it more exclusive. It is the project that makes it exclusive, not the location. U should check ur dictionary the definition of exclusive. Damn, why am I wasting time educating a kid on school holiday????

Wow ... Judging by you command of English, I'm impressed you could even spell the word dictionary (opps sorry - there is a spell checker). Haha.

Please go to dictionary.com and look at the definition yourself. If a property is defined as exclusive, it means that it is expensive and thus, you have fewer people that can really afford it. Now it is common sense (something you seem to lack off, quite a lot actually), that most of the properties are priced based on their location or their proximity to the prime areas. So there is no way, that a project in TK can be compared to be more exclusive than a project in prime location.

And another thing, don't assume what you don't know. It just makes you look even more stupid.

Sniper
07-06-08, 12:44
That rule is only applicable to you because of your budget size!

Based on your logic, might as well stay in JB. Bigger houses for a much cheaper price. Perfect for you!

Based on your stubborness, since u like to be in prime district so much and cannot afford it, u can build a tent in Fort Canning Park and claim it as your dream home, it's free somemore...

Unregistered666
07-06-08, 12:47
Bec of disgusting faggots like u, I have since stopped patronising public swimming pools and decide to go for small devts with exclusive private pool in Telok Kurau.

My name is Sniper, yes, I have small bullets better than u lose all your bullets in another faggot's hole.

don't call your father a faggot la. it's not nice la. He only brought you to the public swimming pool because he cares for you. Now you so angry, swim in longkang

Unregistered666
07-06-08, 12:50
Based on your stubborness, since u like to be in prime district so much and cannot afford it, u can build a tent in Fort Canning Park and claim it as your dream home, it's free somemore...

well at least he don't stay in a tent in TK next to a longkang. talk so big but bullet so small!

Sniper
07-06-08, 12:57
Wow ... Judging by you command of English, I'm impressed you could even spell the word dictionary (opps sorry - there is a spell checker). Haha.

Please go to dictionary.com and look at the definition yourself. If a property is defined as exclusive, it means that it is expensive and thus, you have fewer people that can really afford it. Now it is common sense (something you seem to lack off, quite a lot actually), that most of the properties are priced based on their location or their proximity to the prime areas. So there is no way, that a project in TK can be compared to be more exclusive than a project in prime location.

And another thing, don't assume what you don't know. It just makes you look even more stupid.

Expensive and Exclusive are two separate words and have two separate meanings. When u paid for something expensive, it only shows that you have become a vegetable head and kena chopped by the seller especially when another person can buy the same thing elsewhere at much cheaper price. It is the same thing - how more exclusive can you be?

Ok lah, let u win lah, u are the most clever person here, those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are all very stupid. Really wish the school holidays will be over soon....

Sniper
07-06-08, 13:05
don't call your father a faggot la. it's not nice la. He only brought you to the public swimming pool because he cares for you. Now you so angry, swim in longkang

U must be the faggot partner of Unregistered123....sorry to have exposed both ur identities here. When the school holidays are over, u faggots can continue ur "business" in the campus.

No wonder so many investors are eyeing on private properties in small devts cos too many faggots on school holidays nowadays..

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 20:10
Expensive and Exclusive are two separate words and have two separate meanings. When u paid for something expensive, it only shows that you have become a vegetable head and kena chopped by the seller especially when another person can buy the same thing elsewhere at much cheaper price. It is the same thing - how more exclusive can you be?

Ok lah, let u win lah, u are the most clever person here, those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are all very stupid. Really wish the school holidays will be over soon....

how can you sit there and try to defend your missing intellect is beyond us! So in you own words, TK is cheap, TK is non-eclusive, TK is like pasar malam where you get imitations of designer goods. Good for you then and when school does open try to enroll in it. You are in dire need of an education!

Oh and i never said that those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are stupid. i only said that you are stupid.

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 20:23
U must be the faggot partner of Unregistered123....sorry to have exposed both ur identities here. When the school holidays are over, u faggots can continue ur "business" in the campus.

No wonder so many investors are eyeing on private properties in small devts cos too many faggots on school holidays nowadays..

This whole posts just shows your level of maturity. Let's hope school will do you some good! and hey, look on the bright side .. you get too meet faggots there too!

East Lover
07-06-08, 20:48
Gentlemen,

Could we remain focus on the topic and discussion please instead of resorting to names caling. Do it, if you insist, at another forum.

Ah Q
07-06-08, 21:46
I'm not sure what you're getting at. We're talking about potential of Telok Kurau vs other areas and suddenly you mention the size of Telok Kurau housing is bigger than other areas? It just looks like you ran out of things to say and say Telok kurau is far from town, no amenities, no facilities, no design condo, but nevermind, my house is bigger? So Ah Q! There are big houses everywhere! Some HDB might be even bigger than your Telok Kurau apartments. And lots of people have cars but people nearer town just gets to town faster lah.

U think folks staying in Telok Kurau care to take bus or MRT? If u can afford private property but end up with no car to drive, yes, u r jolly well better staying in HDB. Likewise, wat's the point of staying in a prime district and take MRT/bus to work everyday? Worst still, u are squeezing and breathing within a space constrained studio apt or 1+1 bedrm unit and the opportunity for u to stretch urself is the large swimming pool it provides. Think abt it, why are u paying so much more for the large pool and facilities where u hardly spend more than 2 hours a day when u should be more concerned abt the size of ur unit where u rest and sleep in?

No TK for Me!
07-06-08, 21:57
Another consideration is Telok Kurau is near Joo Chiat - the #2 red light district in Joo Chiat. Just like Geylang, the red light district tend to expand overtime to nearby areas as well. Demand for vices is high in this area and that's y the pimps all congregate there. Houses near redlight district also has lower appreciation potential since some parents do not like their children to grow up with so much sexual activities in the backyard. Also, the shopping mall there is famous for glue-sniffing kids. It is the official #2 vice area in Singapore. Such vices are hard to eradicade as there is clearly a strong demand for such illicit activities in the Joo Chiat vicinity. The land area for these condos are very small, which means in an enbloc (if it ever happens again), residents will not get much from the common areas, which is significant in larger development (just look a Farrer Park - sellers got a lot due to the large common area). I understand the new launches in TK are tempting because they are probably the cheapest new launch in Singapore, but potential buyers have to take all these into consideration when making the purchase :)

TK for me
08-06-08, 12:19
Another consideration is Telok Kurau is near Joo Chiat - the #2 red light district in Joo Chiat. Just like Geylang, the red light district tend to expand overtime to nearby areas as well. Demand for vices is high in this area and that's y the pimps all congregate there. Houses near redlight district also has lower appreciation potential since some parents do not like their children to grow up with so much sexual activities in the backyard. Also, the shopping mall there is famous for glue-sniffing kids. It is the official #2 vice area in Singapore. Such vices are hard to eradicade as there is clearly a strong demand for such illicit activities in the Joo Chiat vicinity. The land area for these condos are very small, which means in an enbloc (if it ever happens again), residents will not get much from the common areas, which is significant in larger development (just look a Farrer Park - sellers got a lot due to the large common area). I understand the new launches in TK are tempting because they are probably the cheapest new launch in Singapore, but potential buyers have to take all these into consideration when making the purchase :)

I strongly disgress the above. The privity between Joo Chiat and TK is quite a distance and too remote. Look at Comso. It's sold out at preview stage despite at the backyard of the infamous Geylang.

Sniper
09-06-08, 11:38
how can you sit there and try to defend your missing intellect is beyond us! So in you own words, TK is cheap, TK is non-eclusive, TK is like pasar malam where you get imitations of designer goods. Good for you then and when school does open try to enroll in it. You are in dire need of an education!

Oh and i never said that those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are stupid. i only said that you are stupid.

Ain't got no time to educate school kids, day dreamers and faggots. Please continue to stay in your little tent in Fort Canning park and have poking fun with your faggot daddy. :-X

Easterner
10-06-08, 09:56
Folks, take a moment to read last weekend's ST (Sunday i think). One column reviewed Joo Chiat and its progress over the past 2 yrs. Overhaul ongoing, with vices clamped down greatly. Eg. 38 massage parlors (2005) to 3 parlors today i think. And several new shops (artsy types too) and restaurants hv chosen to set up shop in Joo Chiat, recognizing its potential. Bigger plan is to keep Joo Chiat as a cultural, heritage area.

And i think its a bit far fetched to link TK closely with JC like that, in any case. Parkway/Marine parade also not far from JC, but it's not likened in tat manner?

Unregistered123
10-06-08, 10:06
Ain't got no time to educate school kids, day dreamers and faggots. Please continue to stay in your little tent in Fort Canning park and have poking fun with your faggot daddy. :-X

sigh ... if that comment makes you feel big and adequate so be it ... we're all not going DOWN to your level ...

Unregistered11111
10-06-08, 10:06
They interview the "save joo chiat" committee. of course he say the clamp down successful lah! also, the fact they got to form such a committee means the situation is getting out of hand. the last count was like 15 parlours. also, trying too hard to get "cool" people there isn't too cool. most of the time, cool places evolve quite spontaneously, just like massage parlours spring up sponteneously. when there is demand, there is supply. u get cool shops there but no demand, they will be replaced by massage parlours soon too. it's the dynamics of the area that will determine what shops come spontaneously. just like geylang lor 40 used to be quite far from the "activities", now the activities has moved like 30 lanes down to lor 40! so there is a possibility that the activities in joo chiat will move down to telok kurau. it's a risk u need to consider lor. but there r more wholesome areas in singapore....

Folks, take a moment to read last weekend's ST (Sunday i think). One column reviewed Joo Chiat and its progress over the past 2 yrs. Overhaul ongoing, with vices clamped down greatly. Eg. 38 massage parlors (2005) to 3 parlors today i think. And several new shops (artsy types too) and restaurants hv chosen to set up shop in Joo Chiat, recognizing its potential. Bigger plan is to keep Joo Chiat as a cultural, heritage area.

And i think its a bit far fetched to link TK closely with JC like that, in any case. Parkway/Marine parade also not far from JC, but it's not likened in tat manner?

Unregistered123
10-06-08, 10:11
I'm not sure what you're getting at. We're talking about potential of Telok Kurau vs other areas and suddenly you mention the size of Telok Kurau housing is bigger than other areas? It just looks like you ran out of things to say and say Telok kurau is far from town, no amenities, no facilities, no design condo, but nevermind, my house is bigger? So Ah Q! There are big houses everywhere! Some HDB might be even bigger than your Telok Kurau apartments. And lots of people have cars but people nearer town just gets to town faster lah.

Very true .. in fact most TK 3 bedders are about 1000 sq ft which I consider rather small as compared with other condos even those in Prime Areas. This is strange to me as I expect that houses further from the prime districts would have larger units.

Unregistered22222222
10-06-08, 10:28
Very true .. in fact most TK 3 bedders are about 1000 sq ft which I consider rather small as compared with other condos even those in Prime Areas. This is strange to me as I expect that houses further from the prime districts would have larger units.

There are also bigger units at 1400 and above at TK lah....

East Lover
10-06-08, 10:35
Well, according to your theory, joo chiat can also expand towards Geylang as well to form a great red light belt or like Eastern said, towards parkway parade....

The main reason for joo chiat's problem is its many shophouses... which TK, for good or bad, lacks and therefore no possibility of the "raise of the red".

They interview the "save joo chiat" committee. of course he say the clamp down successful lah! also, the fact they got to form such a committee means the situation is getting out of hand. the last count was like 15 parlours. also, trying too hard to get "cool" people there isn't too cool. most of the time, cool places evolve quite spontaneously, just like massage parlours spring up sponteneously. when there is demand, there is supply. u get cool shops there but no demand, they will be replaced by massage parlours soon too. it's the dynamics of the area that will determine what shops come spontaneously. just like geylang lor 40 used to be quite far from the "activities", now the activities has moved like 30 lanes down to lor 40! so there is a possibility that the activities in joo chiat will move down to telok kurau. it's a risk u need to consider lor. but there r more wholesome areas in singapore....

Unregistered123
10-06-08, 10:41
There are also bigger units at 1400 and above at TK lah....

I meant in general. The bigger units are not that many and they're normally the penthouse units which means that a lot of space is wasted for the rooftop balcony. Wasted only because the live-in areas are compromised as a result.

Unregistered1233
10-06-08, 11:27
I meant in general. The bigger units are not that many and they're normally the penthouse units which means that a lot of space is wasted for the rooftop balcony. Wasted only because the live-in areas are compromised as a result.

Nowadays, most of the new launches r designed to have a very small living area. Small bedrooms(can hardly fit in a queen size bed), cannot put a big 4 seater sofa in the living etc..Developers build bigger balconies to have a higher profit margin....but they will claim balconies to be having a lifestyle concept...In Sg, it often rains and the sun is scorching hot...i really wonder who will really spend time at their balconies...mabe become a clothes drying area since yards r getting smaller and some design do not even has one.

Unregistered0101
10-06-08, 14:51
That is to keep the absolute amount low for its target market. E.g. Treeline 1000x$580psf = $580k for a 3 bedder - still affordable for the masses and HDB upgrader. I think 3 bedder should be at least 1200 sq ft to be reasonably comfortable. As for balconies that face a road, I can give it a miss. Every time when it rains got to spend hours cleaning. Such a nightmare!

Easterner
11-06-08, 09:01

Going by factual figures is the most objective measurement, can't be overnight overhaul but I believe they are moving the needle. And from business point of view, i don't think biz owners will set up shop if it was red light area or no potential, risking their investment like that. Would you set up such kind of biz in Geylang?? Anyway, time will tell. Am not totally ruling out that things may not always go as planned, such is life.

16-06-08, 18:11

in every location, there are projects with big and small layouts.. depending basically on which taget markets the developers aim to cater to, what budget range, what were the in-trends at point of project launch (which generation construction)...

also in prime areas, doesnt mean there's no red light activities.. but they're termed social escorts, "higher class", "more expensive" hence "more exclusive".. like globalisation, they're fairly fluid/mobile too..

Unregistered123
16-06-08, 18:30
in every location, there are projects with big and small layouts.. depending basically on which taget markets the developers aim to cater to, what budget range, what were the in-trends at point of project launch (which generation construction)...

also in prime areas, doesnt mean there's no red light activities.. but they're termed social escorts, "higher class", "more expensive" hence "more exclusive".. like globalisation, they're fairly fluid/mobile too..

I agree but what i'm actually trying to point out is that there is an increasing trend of smaller units being developed in TK area whereby in the prime areas, it is expected as affordability would be a greater concern for bigger size units.

Frankly, last year I was shopping around for a 4 bedder in TK and there were none I could find and even the penthouses for a few of them were 3 bedders with a live in area of about 1100 sq ft. Price wasn't too cheap as well.

There is no denying about red light activities in prime areas (Orchard Towers) but you have to admit, they attract a different type of crowd as compared to the Geylang Lorongs. And in my opinion, it's the type of crowd that determine the status of the area.

Unregister
23-06-08, 17:35
There is no denying about red light activities in prime areas (Orchard Towers) but you have to admit, they attract a different type of crowd as compared to the Geylang Lorongs. And in my opinion, it's the type of crowd that determine the status of the area.

It's funny... how different can they be since they are all looking for the same things... please don't try to separate them by skin colour....

Unregistered123
23-06-08, 18:36
It's funny... how different can they be since they are all looking for the same things... please don't try to separate them by skin colour....

well u look for a house at TK and I look for house at Nassim. Now, are we the same then? Just an example only ... no skin attached!

Unregister
23-06-08, 21:27
well u look for a house at TK and I look for house at Nassim. Now, are we the same then? Just an example only ... no skin attached!

the grass is always greener on the other side... may you be pleased wit your decision.

Unregistered123
24-06-08, 11:15
the grass is always greener on the other side... may you be pleased wit your decision.

what decision? i'm just saying that they're different although they want the same thing ...

Unregister
24-06-08, 11:21
what decision? i'm just saying that they're different although they want the same thing ...

Your decision to look for an unit on the greener side...

Unregistered123
24-06-08, 13:58
Your decision to look for an unit on the greener side...

ahh ... already bought another one some time ago but not in TK.

Unregister
24-06-08, 17:05
ahh ... already bought another one some time ago but not in TK.

Congratulations....

ACTI
15-07-08, 16:26
hi, i bought a unit at Blu Coral and noticed the site is starting to build as i walked past yesterday.

anybody else bought Blu Coral? Will be nice to make acquaintance here.....

Wonder when the TOP will be??

wannabe
15-07-08, 18:20
hi, i bought a unit at Blu Coral and noticed the site is starting to build as i walked past yesterday.

anybody else bought Blu Coral? Will be nice to make acquaintance here.....

Wonder when the TOP will be??

Was very interested in Blu Coral but found the price too steep for its location.
Any more units left?
The prices seem to be falling in this development.

ACTI
15-07-08, 22:20
Was very interested in Blu Coral but found the price too steep for its location.
Any more units left?
The prices seem to be falling in this development.

I think still a few units left... I too heard the price came down..

Might be worth a try for you to go back and determine price... might be within your budget already......

Property Boom
17-07-08, 12:53
The contractor's notice board outside the project says completion expected in Aug 2009 although the developer stated TOP as March 2011.

Interested Buyer
17-07-08, 22:27
The contractor's notice board outside the project says completion expected in Aug 2009 although the developer stated TOP as March 2011.

Telok Kurau condo are not worth buying... cos there are just too many small developments....

Just look at serangoon... lorong ah soo... prices didn not move much at all....

wannabe
17-07-08, 22:31
Telok Kurau condo are not worth buying... cos there are just too many small developments....

Nope, i think they are worth buying...just now at current prices...

Star
18-07-08, 09:13

Anybody with some property knowledge will not compare TK to lorong ah soo and I trust you do have but just some oversight on your part.

Lorong ah soo is in the district of hougang, the backdrop of a heartland mass whereas Tk itself invoke image of private housing ONLY, it is near kembangan, another are with a high concentrated private housing and prices.

To be frank, these two ares are currnelty under valued by buyers whereas lorong ah soo probably reached its peak.

SCUM
18-07-08, 11:59
The fact that TK fetches one of the lowest PSF after Geylang for the new launches means something. This area's new launch was the LOWEST PSF last quarter - the scum of the earth. The area probably is only attractive to the "CMI" crowd who looks for the cheapest condo with no facility. Even the old residents there are moving out and selling their small land to enbloc. Small land meant for 1 house built into 90 units. Do you want to cramp yourself in such a place? It's even more cramped and congested than HDB.

Unregiste
18-07-08, 12:39
The fact that TK fetches one of the lowest PSF after Geylang for the new launches means something. This area's new launch was the LOWEST PSF last quarter - the scum of the earth. The area probably is only attractive to the "CMI" crowd who looks for the cheapest condo with no facility. Even the old residents there are moving out and selling their small land to enbloc. Small land meant for 1 house built into 90 units. Do you want to cramp yourself in such a place? It's even more cramped and congested than HDB.

You are indeed a scum.

BENTLY
18-07-08, 13:44

Money enough, everywhere also worth buy.

Unregister
18-07-08, 14:18

Try sembawang then...

Real Estate Pundit
21-07-08, 16:59
Developments are simply too small! 12 to 32 units per development.....the groung floor is turned into a large cemented floor carpark. And the only relief from the carparks are miserable patches of grass and tiny little bath tub posing as swimming pool.

The access road are narrow and often has a row of cars parked on one side turning it into a single lane road.

Real Estate shooter
21-07-08, 18:45
Developments are simply too small! 12 to 32 units per development.....the groung floor is turned into a large cemented floor carpark. And the only relief from the carparks are miserable patches of grass and tiny little bath tub posing as swimming pool.

The access road are narrow and often has a row of cars parked on one side turning it into a single lane road.

Where did you visit my friend? TK or geylang backstreet

Real Estate Pundit
21-07-08, 22:29
Where did you visit my friend? TK or geylang backstreet

Hey shooter, did you miss the mark?

Just take drive thru Lorong N, Lorong M and the other Lorongs of Telok Kurau......what you will see is a row of cars parked on one side of the road and you better hope you don't get in the way of a truck on way to construction site.

I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Real Estate Shooter
22-07-08, 09:36
Hey shooter, did you miss the mark?

Just take drive thru Lorong N, Lorong M and the other Lorongs of Telok Kurau......what you will see is a row of cars parked on one side of the road and you better hope you don't get in the way of a truck on way to construction site.

I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Of course I do, I growed up there and still stay around that area. Which gives me an initimate knowledge of TK.

To be fair, you are right about the construction trucks, but all these due to all the en-bloc deals last year. 2 years down the road and many new buildings will bring a breadth of fresh air to TK, an idyllic neighbourhood once again and with it bring the prices generally up......

Real Estate Pundit
22-07-08, 14:37
I grew up closer to Siglap. I like the original Telok Kurau, it was more idyllic back then.

Of late many smaller developers are turning TK into clusters of small apartment blocks that has the carpark lot covering the entire ground floor, not a blade of grass is visible. Some time back I was to view a unit at N'clave but I cancelled when I saw the carpark. I just did not bother. Then I went to Inova 100, the ceiling is definitely lower than HDB standard. What happened to those developers with passion to built something that buyers can be proud of showing off to their friends?

Of course I do, I growed up there and still stay around that area. Which gives me an initimate knowledge of TK.

To be fair, you are right about the construction trucks, but all these due to all the en-bloc deals last year. 2 years down the road and many new buildings will bring a breadth of fresh air to TK, an idyllic neighbourhood once again and with it bring the prices generally up......

Real Estate Shooter
22-07-08, 16:20
I grew up closer to Siglap. I like the original Telok Kurau, it was more idyllic back then.

Of late many smaller developers are turning TK into clusters of small apartment blocks that has the carpark lot covering the entire ground floor, not a blade of grass is visible. Some time back I was to view a unit at N'clave but I cancelled when I saw the carpark. I just did not bother. Then I went to Inova 100, the ceiling is definitely lower than HDB standard. What happened to those developers with passion to built something that buyers can be proud of showing off to their friends?

I don't know about the 2 developments you mentioned. I did not viewed them. The changes however are to be expected. It is not a bad thing in my opinion.

A general observations on the car lining the roads. I noticed cars were parked outside the roads where there are terrace houses and the likes, where there are apartments or condo, there are less cars... That is a minor minus point, in my opinion. Having said that, I don't have any problem driving in and out of these landways having lived for the better part of my life. Most drivers are courteous and do give ways...

Real Estate Pundit
22-07-08, 17:09
I am hoping that the developer who purchased the land from No. 66A, 68A-E, 70, 70A-D, 72, 72A and 90 Lorong M Telok Kurau will do a better job than the current effort available now.

The combined land from 66A to 90 is at least 66,200sqft! So the land should be large enough to yield a well designed development. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this to better The Ambrosia.

Penthouse Luver
22-07-08, 19:51

Nah, I buy my hse in TK while you only "look" at house in Nassim. Window shopping is free, no committments attached. One can act as rich man on the internet, but pls wake up from your dream.

If u dun like TK, why keep casting negative comments on it? Maybe u bgt ur hse in some HDB areas, tat y u try to dissuade folks from buying. But mind u, no matter what you say here, has no effect on the demands in TK. Time will tell whether it is a good buy or not.

I luv TK, Marine Parade, Katong, Joo Chiat area, and I luv my penthse. Every night I watch the moon and stars from my roof terrace while I soak myself in the jacuzzi pool, drinking wine and smoking my cigars. On weekends, I invite my frds over for BBQ on my roof top and we play american pool while watching English league matches. This is what I call quality life.

buy
23-07-08, 07:48
comments is free

so natural those who cant afford

will say .......

True
23-07-08, 09:12
agree. buying a property is a good investment.

Shooter too
23-07-08, 13:28
Time will tell whether it is a good buy or not.

I too agree that TK is lots better than a leasehold projects elsewhere in many places.....

For one, there are many foreigners that love this place with its privity to the sea yet not too near to avoid the salty wind; near town yet not too near to afford some privacy, near MRT yet not to near to hear with the tracks noises everyday; near eateries yet not too near to avoid the cars that come with the droves of hungry ppl; near good schools yet not too near with the nosie of children; the list goes on.........

Unregistered12
03-11-08, 09:39
Anyone in this forum also bought an unit at the Blu Coral?

I did and saw the foundation for the blks behind has been laid. First floor taking off...

buy
03-11-08, 13:03
blu coral fully sold?

Unregistered12
03-11-08, 14:25
blu coral fully sold?

Oh yes, i understand it was fully sold last month.

I drove past the other day and the back blks (near Lorong K) seems to be bulit first. Anyone else also bought an unit in Blu Coral??

moonk123
19-11-08, 12:43
hey guy,

u can view the real environment and the surrounding of the BLU CORAL from this website.The building is still under construction.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/blucoral

Jazzer
07-05-09, 17:04
A picture of the development. Seem to be ready very soon.

hpoirot
07-05-09, 21:43
Was that photo taken from Lorong K?

Jazzer
08-05-09, 11:19
Was that photo taken from Lorong K?

Yes it was. They started to build the project from Lorong K first then going towards Lorong L.

donchew76
23-10-09, 11:35
TOPed on 15 Oct.

Any new neighbours here beside Jazzer? :rolleyes:

Jazzer
23-10-09, 14:06
TOPed on 15 Oct.

Any new neighbours here beside Jazzer? :rolleyes:

Hi Don,

Dun think so. Been searching since late last year and only you appeared this year ;) .

Attched some pictures i took for viewing.

Jazzer
23-10-09, 14:12
Someone once said this about TK, appended below. How true!!

"For one, there are many foreigners that love this place with its privity to the sea yet not too near to avoid the salty wind; near town yet not too near to afford some privacy, near MRT yet not to near to hear with the tracks noises everyday; near eateries yet not too near to avoid the cars that come with the droves of hungry ppl; near good schools yet not too near with the nosie of children; the list goes on........."

donchew76
23-10-09, 14:27
Someone once said this about TK, appended below. How true!!

"For one, there are many foreigners that love this place with its privity to the sea yet not too near to avoid the salty wind; near town yet not too near to afford some privacy, near MRT yet not to near to hear with the tracks noises everyday; near eateries yet not too near to avoid the cars that come with the droves of hungry ppl; near good schools yet not too near with the nosie of children; the list goes on........."

Very true bro. :p The moment I walked out of the park connector at Changi Road, it's really one heck of difference. Can hear the noise and see the crowd near Kembagan MRT.....Looking forward to my daily cycling trip to ECP....Consider it as a mini privilege in life as ppl tend to be at ECP only over the weekend...Lets go get a bike together in Nov....:D

Jazzer
23-10-09, 14:40
Very true bro. :p The moment I walked out of the park connector at Changi Road, it's really one heck of difference. Can hear the noise and see the crowd near Kembagan MRT.....Looking forward to my daily cycling trip to ECP....Consider it as a mini privilege in life as ppl tend to be at ECP only over the weekend...Lets go get a bike together in Nov....:D

Good idea man.. :D

kellogs
25-10-09, 18:46
I cant wait to move there too but the project which i bought The Verte is not ready yet ...

going to get 4 bikes for the whole family

(btw i do not know how to ride a bike! LOL)

xebay11
25-10-09, 22:13
I cant wait to move there too but the project which i bought The Verte is not ready yet ...

The Verte is one of the best developments in TK. Yes living near Lor G or H near connector is the best of TK as you can go cycling as a family to EC park and avoid all the jams that others have to face :D It is as good as staying at East Coast itself, only much more convenient.

Pity the connector is too rough for roller blading.

Jazzer
25-10-09, 22:59

Hmm.. i know TK Park has a small bike rental shop... the uncle has nothing to do occasionally he helps to swat mosquito ;)

May be when we all move to TK, we can give him some business to help him along as well.... :p by renting his bike to ECP...

Jazzer
25-10-09, 23:02
The Verte is one of the best developments in TK. Yes living near Lor G or H near connector is the best of TK as you can go cycling as a family to EC park and avoid all the jams that others have to face :D It is as good as staying at East Coast itself, only much more convenient.

Pity the connector is too rough for roller blading.
Agreed Verte is good. But Blu Coral also not too bad lah.. it is the only development in TK to sit between 2 lorongs - lorong L and K, and has two entrance and exits for cars and residents....

xebay11
26-10-09, 06:29
Hmm.. i know TK Park has a small bike rental shop... the uncle has nothing to do occasionally he helps to swat mosquito ;)

May be when we all move to TK, we can give him some business to help him along as well.... :p by renting his bike to ECP...

Bring your friends over on the weekends and rent bicycle from him and all cycle to ECP, this school holiday I will be bringing bicycles and riding there and staying at the Hilton @ East Coast Park, but first must make bookings at AXS concierge.

xebay11
26-10-09, 06:32
Agreed Verte is good. But Blu Coral also not too bad lah.. it is the only development in TK to sit between 2 lorongs - lorong L and K, and has two entrance and exits for cars and residents....

Ok, but for me accessibility to shops and MRT for rental and own stay is one of the top priority and that is where developments at Lor G and H near connector shines.

donchew76
26-10-09, 09:05
Ok, but for me accessibility to shops and MRT for rental and own stay is one of the top priority and that is where developments at Lor G and H near connector shines.

Blu Coral is pretty near the connector. Exit at Lor K for MRT and Lor L for ECP. Quite versatile. To me, not much difference whether G,H or K,L, as they are all within walkable distance to MRT or ECP.....

Jazzer
26-10-09, 10:49

Accessibility to shops and mrt for rental mean the crowd and noise follows. I think a balance has to be struck as well.

xebay11
26-10-09, 10:57
Accessibility to shops and mrt for rental mean the crowd and noise follows. I think a balance has to be struck as well.

Lorong G and H are inside the private estate not facing main road, what noise?

JZ2K
26-10-09, 11:14
I think blu coral is pretty good as it is a condominium status ... the verte is apartment status.

I think i have to wait for another 1 or 2 years before it is ready ...

I look at the assigned construction company "Seah PTE LTD", they have been busy on building The Ambra which is almost done now i think ...

donchew76
26-10-09, 11:35
Lorong G and H are inside the private estate not facing main road, what noise?

Think Jazzer is not implying that Lorong G and H are noisy. Generally, we cannot deny that there will be relatively greater noise near MRTs, especially the aboveground stations.

Telok Kurau Park is buzzing with activity over weekends though and personally I really like the family atmosphere there....

The noise will start to intrude at the PCN closest to Changi Road and Kembagan...Can see lots of motorbikes parking on the pavement in front of kembagan MRT and beside the eateries...

Autonomy
26-10-09, 13:47
I frequently cycle pass that area cos I do the Eastern PCN quite often. If you all are organising a cycling outing, will be glad if I get invited to join in the fun...

donchew76
28-10-09, 08:07
I frequently cycle pass that area cos I do the Eastern PCN quite often. If you all are organising a cycling outing, will be glad if I get invited to join in the fun...

Will do bro. Need experienced kakis like yourself to show me around the east. :) Just checking beside Giant at Parkway, where is a good value-for-money place to get a bike?

Autonomy
28-10-09, 10:58
Will do bro. Need experienced kakis like yourself to show me around the east. :) Just checking beside Giant at Parkway, where is a good value-for-money place to get a bike?

It depends on what kind of bike you looking for? (Mountain, Road, Foldie etc) And what is the kind of budget you looking at? If you are just looking for a bike that can go for point a to b then those sold in Giant can be bought for $69.90 which is the most value for money. :)

zimmer
29-10-09, 20:31
It depends on what kind of bike you looking for? (Mountain, Road, Foldie etc) And what is the kind of budget you looking at? If you are just looking for a bike that can go for point a to b then those sold in Giant can be bought for $69.90 which is the most value for money. :)

But if you're going to cycle a lot and are men in your reproductive ages better invest a little in a good seat from the specialized bike shops. Not uncommon for the eggs to 'scramble' after kena tekan for a long time.

mcmlxxvi
11-11-09, 14:06
Eh.... yesterday I passed by the back entrance of Blu Coral, 4 stainless steel pillars are up... don't think that is a usable entrance/exit?

Jazzer
11-11-09, 14:13
Eh.... yesterday I passed by the back entrance of Blu Coral, 4 stainless steel pillars are up... don't think that is a usable entrance/exit?

The pillars are mobile in that it can be removed to make the back entrance/exit useable anytime. It will be up to the residents/MC later to decide whether to make it useable.

Jazzer
13-01-10, 16:11
Project TOPed lor last year. Some pictures of the facade of the project.

donchew76
14-01-10, 11:46
Project TOPed lor last year. Some pictures of the facade of the project.

Bro, post some pictures of our humble pool lei. :o

Still waiting for future neighbours to respond to this thread...Looks like tough luck.....:rolleyes:

Jazzer
14-01-10, 16:46
Bro, post some pictures of our humble pool lei. :o

Still waiting for future neighbours to respond to this thread...Looks like tough luck.....:rolleyes:

Hi Don,

No pool's picture yet... will post after i took some.:ashamed1:

Perhaps when you talk to neighbours, can direct them to to this thread. ;)

sufri
25-10-10, 12:29
Hi Blu coral residents, i came by to see the project last year, 3 bdrm but not impressed coz of plantars and bay window in living room. But i like the overall feel of the place coz of unobstructed view from the blanconies. So i am thinking of getting the penthouse for own stay. I like the idea of a private lap pool or jacuzzi. Any issues with regards to the project after u guys have moved in?

donchew76
14-11-10, 21:39
Hi Blu coral residents, i came by to see the project last year, 3 bdrm but not impressed coz of plantars and bay window in living room. But i like the overall feel of the place coz of unobstructed view from the blanconies. So i am thinking of getting the penthouse for own stay. I like the idea of a private lap pool or jacuzzi. Any issues with regards to the project after u guys have moved in?

Which blk are u eyeing bro? We are still waiting for the MC to be formed. Not many major issues. But certainly there is room for improvement with the speed the MA rectify issues.

marktkt22
03-02-12, 12:14
How the new MA ? IT about 2 to 3 yr after top ...

Understand that there is a change in ma after 1yr....

donchew76
22-02-12, 23:41
How the new MA ? IT about 2 to 3 yr after top ...

Understand that there is a change in ma after 1yr....

Yes, the MA now is TEaMS, similar to Versilia on Haig as highlighted by Bro BIC. Definitely much better than the previous one.

I am in the council so anything u wanna ask, please feel free to.

marktkt22
23-02-12, 12:37
Thanks , donchew76
We be having our agm and currently, estate is not rather well managed...but i must said it improving after our feedback..was contemplating a change and saw teams in katong shopping center, and hence this postings.
Mine also a world class land projt but smaller, 19 residents apartment.
I Will pm you later...if that ok with you.

Yes, the MA now is TEaMS, similar to Versilia on Haig as highlighted by Bro BIC. Definitely much better than the previous one.

I am in the council so anything u wanna ask, please feel free to.

donchew76
01-05-12, 00:54
Hi,

I am an owner selling my well-kept 2-bedroom unit at Blu Coral below valuation. Serious buyers, please PM me. No low-ballers please.

Thanks.

hyenergix
01-05-12, 00:58
Hi,

I am an owner selling my well-kept 2-bedroom unit at Blu Coral below valuation. Serious buyers, please PM me. No low-ballers please.

Thanks.

Seller's valuation is quite different from buyer's valuation. All buyers r serious if u meet their valuation.

carbuncle
01-05-12, 10:48
This project is condo status and the plot areas are quite unique. There is front and back entrances but not sure whether both usable. Some of the stacks are very very close to each other maybe like 4m apart only and could get rather claustro. Otherwise Lor L is quite close to main East Coast Road and I think this project is also few steps to park connector... Pool size though I think could be bigger for a condo status...

Blue
02-05-12, 16:12
This project was sold at $600+psf when first launched, now the owners are all smiling on their way to the banks! :cheers5:

carbuncle
02-05-12, 16:18
This project was sold at $600+psf when first launched, now the owners are all smiling on their way to the banks! :cheers5:
Is that so... Go bank for what? Unless they sold it. ;-) Otherwise they can continue to sit there by the cosy pool count their paper gains lor...

Blue
02-05-12, 16:24
Is that so... Go bank for what? Unless they sold it. ;-) Otherwise they can continue to sit there by the cosy pool count their paper gains lor...

At $1000 psf based on last caveat, it has not reached its potential. Those who sold it early will still smile on their way to the banks, those who have not, they are anticipating to laugh instead of smile to the banks.

carbuncle
02-05-12, 16:35
At $1000 psf based on last caveat, it has not reached its potential. Those who sold it early will still smile on their way to the banks, those who have not, they are anticipating to laugh instead of smile to the banks.
I believe 1250-1300psf not an issue for this development at all....

Jazzer
19-06-12, 17:13

Hey guys, I am an owner and am selling as well. My unit not facing the neighbours and no afternoon sun. Interested PM me. PSF pegged very reasonably. Nowhere near its potential yet. Reason for selling is because wanted to move near parents.

moomooteo
19-06-12, 22:19
have u being inside 1 of these units before. The layout is very inefficient with long walkways, double balconies. The actual area usable is estimate to be 1/3 less. The balcony in front of the master bedroom is also very big:doh: . There is a reason why the resale is slow for this project.

CP5211
19-06-12, 23:09
have u being inside 1 of these units before. The layout is very inefficient with long walkways, double balconies. The actual area usable is estimate to be 1/3 less. The balcony in front of the master bedroom is also very big:doh: . There is a reason why the resale is slow for this project.
Hello,
You are right about the layout. I looked at Blu Corol back in Jun 2008 while looking for condo in Telok Kurau for self stay. The psf was cheaper as compared to The Amery at Lorong K but in the end we chose Amery. However, Amery does come with 2 balconies also [heard it is typical of Sim Lian's project].
Good luck to you!

moomooteo
19-06-12, 23:33
Hello,
You are right about the layout. I looked at Blu Corol back in Jun 2008 while looking for condo in Telok Kurau for self stay. The psf was cheaper as compared to The Amery at Lorong K but in the end we chose Amery. However, Amery does come with 2 balconies also [heard it is typical of Sim Lian's project].
Good luck to you!
The Amery does have much better layout, abit that the floor area is bigger. Secondly the pool and facade for Amery is much better. Blue Coral has such a small and short pool. Amery pool is decent. I think the choice is clear. Another decent choice will be Poshgrove East. 1 of my regrets that I did not buy in 2009 after TOP when they got remaining units direct from Developer.:banghead: Less than 900psf that time.

donchew76
12-07-12, 16:35
I have sold the unit. Thanks.

Moving on to amber road next.

marktkt22
12-07-12, 19:33
Congrat bro, and thanks for your earlier advice regarding agm.
which project in amber ?

marktkt22
12-07-12, 19:37
Hi jazzer
so sold yet ?
Btw, if tenant dont drive,is it a far walk to bus stop.
it quite deep into the lorong

Hey guys, I am an owner and am selling as well. My unit not facing the neighbours and no afternoon sun. Interested PM me. PSF pegged very reasonably. Nowhere near its potential yet. Reason for selling is because wanted to move near parents.