PDA

View Full Version : STOCKS THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

teddybear
26-05-14, 22:03
For all stocks and related discussions (including stock futures, ETFs, etc)...... :D

teddybear
26-05-14, 22:05
US market closed tonight.
Europe playing out......... :D

For all stocks and related discussions (including stock futures, ETFs, etc)...... :D

Simi
26-05-14, 22:32
US market closed tonight.
Europe playing out......... :D

any tips for STI tomorrow ? :D

cbsh38584
26-05-14, 22:37
Stock return is better than bond. But because of our human weak emotional trading behaviour , 90% will not make any money in long run.

When I buy stock using CPF, I will chose safety as 1st priority. No speculative stock. Only blue chip undervalue stock or buy when there is fear in the stock mkt.

I hesitate buying Singpost using CPF when the price was 1.18. Price is 1.50.
But I bought OUE @2.25 as it is undervalue & the low downside risk. It has high upside return potential. Just need to be very very patience.

Simi
26-05-14, 23:20
Stock return is better than bond. But because of our human weak emotional trading behaviour , 90% will not make any money in long run.

When I buy stock using CPF, I will chose safety as 1st priority. No speculative stock. Only blue chip undervalue stock or buy when there is fear in the stock mkt.

I hesitate buying Singpost using CPF when the price was 1.18. Price is 1.50.
But I bought OUE @2.25 as it is undervalue & the low downside risk. It has high upside return potential. Just need to be very very patience.

1.18 for Singpost was ages ago
Now suffering from indigestion

Support now at 1.4

OUE neutral

Yes 90% will not make money from stock

To be in that top 5% is not easy because many a times you have to play against FEAR and of course knowing some charting knowledge does helps

IMHO
Because the Bulls had been running for quite a while now and US is at her ALL TIME high it is not a time for investment but do short term punting/trading

Sometimes have to buy high and sell higher (Momentum trading)
All with FFF

Spotting winner also not easy unless you are the MM or private banker to that particular counter

FFF = Fastest Finger First

teddybear
26-05-14, 23:36
No sorry, I shun STI................ :o
Singapore SGX is quite a hopeless market (IMHO).......... :p

any tips for STI tomorrow ? :D

teddybear
26-05-14, 23:38
Trading is not easy.............
Turn to mid- to longer-term investment, most can make money (even if profit % not so high, but can sleep well at night).............. :D
I do both.................. :cheers1:

1.18 for Singpost was ages ago
Now suffering from indigestion

Support now at 1.4

OUE neutral

Yes 90% will not make money from stock

To be in that top 5% is not easy because many a times you have to play against FEAR and of course knowing some charting knowledge does helps

IMHO
Because the Bulls had been running for quite a while now and US is at her ALL TIME high it is not a time for investment but do short term punting/trading

Sometimes have to buy high and sell higher (Momentum trading)
All with FFF

Spotting winner also not easy unless you are the MM or private banker to that particular counter

FFF = Fastest Finger First

Simi
26-05-14, 23:47
No sorry, I shun STI................ :o
Singapore SGX is quite a hopeless market (IMHO).......... :p

Teddy Sir

if you look hard enough there are counters worth some punting

To Invest now is not the right time

Remember the Cycle ?

Bear to Bull and to bear and back to bull

Where are we now ?...answer is obvious

There are a lot of counters starting with capital C worth looking at. Short term, hit and run type

One of which is Cordlife (not a call to buy hor)

Just like last Friday saw Sinarmas Land (posted so no hindsight trading)
took a bite in the morning before it went up and probably let go tomorrow

Of course it is very tedious because have to watch the LIVE Actions before taking the bite

Simi
26-05-14, 23:51
Trading is not easy.............
Turn to mid- to longer-term investment, most can make money (even if profit % not so high, but can sleep well at night).............. :D
I do both.................. :cheers1:

Its a matter of Getting used to it

but don't try if do not have the experience because you will be controlled by the market psychology (loss lots of money or people say PAY SCHOOL FEES to acquire such experiences)

:D:D:ashamed1::)

teddybear
27-05-14, 11:22
you are right, I didn't look into SGX counters now....

Teddy Sir

if you look hard enough there are counters worth some punting

To Invest now is not the right time

Remember the Cycle ?

Bear to Bull and to bear and back to bull

Where are we now ?...answer is obvious

There are a lot of counters starting with capital C worth looking at. Short term, hit and run type

One of which is Cordlife (not a call to buy hor)

Just like last Friday saw Sinarmas Land (posted so no hindsight trading)
took a bite in the morning before it went up and probably let go tomorrow

Of course it is very tedious because have to watch the LIVE Actions before taking the bite

teddybear
27-05-14, 11:24
Jun 2014 appears to be very interesting for stocks since "Sell in May and go away" didn't pan out as many people expected, and S&P above 1900.

Target year end S&P >2050?.............................. :cool:

phantom_opera
27-05-14, 17:25
Opportunity for punting, hold a few weeks till a few months or up to few years always there e.g. HPH Trust USD .. ride @ your own risk :p

Three of Li's businesses have also underperformed the broader market since their IPOs. Hutchison Port Holdings Trust has tumbled 37 percent since its Singapore IPO in March 2011. Hui Xian Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) has dropped 34.5 percent since its Hong Kong listing in April 2011 and HK Electric Investments is down 10.1 percent since its January listing.

Date of change of Interest 19/03/2012
2. The change in the percentage level From 11.98 % To 10.93 %
3. Circumstance(s) giving rise to the interest or change in interest # Others

Temasek has a deemed interest in units in Hutchison Port Holdings Trust ("Units") due to holdings of its subsidiaries and associated companies.

Li Ka Shing IPO HPH Trust @ book value, crashed until 0.5/0.6 book value (buy back??) :scared-1:

bargain hunter
27-05-14, 22:28
so now can we confirm buy in may and chiong away?

phantom_opera
27-05-14, 22:50
!!! BUY !!!

teddybear
28-05-14, 00:18
Ha ha ha! :D
S&P 2000 coming the way!........... :cool:

!!! BUY !!!

teddybear
28-05-14, 00:19
Usually "Sell in May and go away" happens.
When it doesn't, it means "Cheong all the way to Dec"! :eek:

so now can we confirm buy in may and chiong away?

phantom_opera
28-05-14, 06:16
Successful IPO of JD.COM at USD19 and now at USD23 boosted market next is Alibaba

phantom_opera
28-05-14, 06:32
M&A buzz word returns

http://streettalklive.com/images/1newsletter/2014/052414/Merger-Activity-052314.PNG

teddybear
28-05-14, 13:18
Stock call: Avoid Thailand and Thai stocks!

=======================================
Thai military rulers appoint advisers, shorten curfew

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 11:48
Reuters
BANGKOK - Thailand's military rulers have appointed as advisers two powerful retired generals with palace connections and a deep antagonism towards former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is at the heart of the country's long-running political crisis.

Nearly a week after taking power to end months of anti-government protests, the military can expect gloomy economic news on Wednesday with trade and factory output data, but it has relaxed a curfew, hoping to show things are getting back to normal.

The team of advisers announced in a brief statement late on Tuesday includes a former defence minister, General Prawit Wongsuwan, and former army chief General Anupong Paochinda.

The two are towering figures in Thailand's military establishment and have close ties to coup leader General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

All three are staunch monarchists and helped oust Thaksin in a 2006 coup.

A Reuters report in December revealed that Prawit and Anupong had secretly backed the anti-government protests that undermined the government of Thaksin's sister, Yingluck Shinawatra. She was removed by a court on May 7 for abuse of power and the coup ousted remaining ministers on May 22.

Also among the advisers is Pridiyathorn Devakula, overseeing the economy. A former central banker, he was finance minister in an interim government after the 2006 coup when strict capital controls were introduced to hold down the baht, causing the stock market to plunge 15 per cent in one day.

The economy shrank 2.1 per cent in the first quarter of 2014 as the debilitating anti-Yingluck protests damaged confidence, consumption and investment.

Wednesday's data is likely to show industrial output fell for the 13th straight month in April and that imports tumbled 18.2 per cent from a year before. Exports may have risen marginally, according to a Reuters poll of economists, but not enough to offset the depression in the domestic economy.

The military has moved quickly to tackle economic problems, notably preparing payments for hundreds of thousands of rice farmers that the ousted government was unable to make.

The military has also tried to stifle resistance to the coup. Scores of politicians and activists have been detained since the takeover on May 22 and censorship imposed, although a seven-hour curfew it imposed from 10pm each night will from Wednesday be shortened to four hours from midnight.

There have been daily, peaceful protests against the coup in Bangkok with crowds calling for elections and confronting troops, although the number of protesters had dwindled to about 200 on Tuesday from about 1,000 on Sunday.

General Prayuth has not set an election date, saying broad reforms were needed first.

Thaksin has not commented on the coup expect to say he was saddened and hoped the military would treat everyone fairly.

Ms Yingluck has been released from detention but remains under some restrictions, officers and aides say.

Soldiers detained a former education minister, Chaturon Chaisang, on Wednesday after he had emerged from hiding to denounce the coup, saying it would only worsen conflict. He said people in detention were not being treated badly.

Years of political turmoil have polarised Thailand. The Shinawatras' strength is in the north and northeast, populous regions that have won them every election since 2001.

Some Thaksin loyalists had vowed to resist a coup and the army and police are hunting for weapons. Many Bangkok voters support the establishment and approve of the coup if it means ending Thaksin's influence. They say he is corrupt and disrespectful to the monarchy, which he denies.

Most Thais express steadfast loyalty to 86-year-old King Bhumibol Adulyadej. "This is a good coup," said Chanchai Thonprasertvej, 54, a doctor at a small pro-coup gathering at Bangkok's Democracy Monument on Tuesday. "The army can protect the land and the king. It will protect my country from Thaksin."

cbsh38584
28-05-14, 19:02
Alibaba eyes South-east Asia e-commerce with $312.5m SingPost stake.

Miss the big opportunities to buy Singpost. Last yr, one of my friend was talking about Singpost will be a big e-commerce players.

Buying online will be eventually very popular. Singpost will definitely benefit from the e-commerce biz. I am not sure whether there will be a need for more shop to sell good at shopping mall in the near future.

Simi
28-05-14, 19:21

Miss the big opportunities to buy Singpost. Last yr, one of my friend was talking about Singpost will be a big e-commerce players.

Buying online will be eventually very popular. Singpost will definitely benefit from the e-commerce biz. I am not sure whether there will be a need for more shop to sell good at shopping mall in the near future.

Wow

did not know about this news

Today closing very swee....

show both Piercing Line and Rising 3 Methods formations

put into my watchlist
may have to buy high and sell higher :)

teddybear
28-05-14, 19:58
Those goods that are standard and well-known items, like Apple's iPhone, iPad, can just buy from reputable stores online, so don't need physical stores.
Even books too! That is why Amazon doing roaring business while Borders closed down.
The rise of e-commerce business is like to result in many empty commercial retail shops in future! :o

teddybear
28-05-14, 23:00
Comments from an experienced finance expert:
"Most of the REITS in Singapore are too highly geared and are negative cashflow. I would not recommend any."

Simi
29-05-14, 00:40
Can MGM break out from the White Line ?

Possibility very high

can see the smiley face there

Simi
29-05-14, 00:52
NUAN
Is the break out from Straight light purple line for Real ?

MA Dark purple, green, yellow and green seems to be converging together
to set off some explosion

Worth a watch

Simi
29-05-14, 01:01
I like Goog

but too poor to play it

Now down 2.78 at 563.17

cbsh38584
29-05-14, 09:18

Singpost gap up on opening to 1.71. Alibaba taking a 10.35% stake in Singpost for $312.5m or $1.42 a share.

phantom_opera
29-05-14, 11:15
Comments from an experienced finance expert:
"Most of the REITS in Singapore are too highly geared and are negative cashflow. I would not recommend any."

hold long term probably not, buy at the right time sell after a few months ok :D

also 10% REIT in a n ETF portfolio for US stocks proven to be better historically and sometimes REITs correlate negatively with index stocks

teddybear
29-05-14, 11:34
After 30% US withholding tax?

hold long term probably not, buy at the right time sell after a few months ok :D

also 10% REIT in a n ETF portfolio for US stocks proven to be better historically and sometimes REITs correlate negatively with index stocks

teddybear
29-05-14, 13:06
Why I feel Singapore stock market is a Mickey-mouse market and I have no interest in their listed stocks.... :doh:
These kind of things happened just too many times before release of significant events news, even for blue chips stocks............ :(

PUBLISHED MAY 29, 2014
Include SingPost and others in any trading probe
BYR SIVANITHY

NEWS that there may be closer scrutiny of recent trading in the shares of SMRT and ComfortDelgro would be welcomed by many in the market who have been outraged at the way these counters moved before the government's radical reforms of the transport sector were unveiled last week, reforms which are widely seen as being positive for both companies.
Both counters started moving weeks ago - in SMRT's case, by as much as 20 per cent on April 24 when it was queried by Singapore Exchange (SGX) - and remained firm until last week's announcement.
In the interim, there was widespread speculation of an impending transport sector revamp which, as it turned out, proved accurate. To add to claims of a leak, both stocks jumped again on May 20, the day before the news was issued.
If some parties benefited from advance knowledge of the announcement, as is suggested by the sudden price gains, and if the authorities were to scrutinise the trades before and after May 21, then it is worth pointing out that there are also several other recent developments which merit closer attention, starting with the most obvious - yesterday's news that Chinese Internet firm Alibaba is buying into SingPost.

minority
30-05-14, 13:53
Why I feel Singapore stock market is a Mickey-mouse market and I have no interest in their listed stocks.... :doh:
These kind of things happened just too many times before release of significant events news, even for blue chips stocks............ :(

PUBLISHED MAY 29, 2014
Include SingPost and others in any trading probe
BYR SIVANITHY

NEWS that there may be closer scrutiny of recent trading in the shares of SMRT and ComfortDelgro would be welcomed by many in the market who have been outraged at the way these counters moved before the government's radical reforms of the transport sector were unveiled last week, reforms which are widely seen as being positive for both companies.
Both counters started moving weeks ago - in SMRT's case, by as much as 20 per cent on April 24 when it was queried by Singapore Exchange (SGX) - and remained firm until last week's announcement.
In the interim, there was widespread speculation of an impending transport sector revamp which, as it turned out, proved accurate. To add to claims of a leak, both stocks jumped again on May 20, the day before the news was issued.
If some parties benefited from advance knowledge of the announcement, as is suggested by the sudden price gains, and if the authorities were to scrutinise the trades before and after May 21, then it is worth pointing out that there are also several other recent developments which merit closer attention, starting with the most obvious - yesterday's news that Chinese Internet firm Alibaba is buying into SingPost.

then why are u even watching it? nothing better to do? u backside itchy? Frankly who cares what you think? This Micky Mouse all $ put together can buy u out a billion times. Try this Micky for Size.

Simi
30-05-14, 14:58
Disclaimer : Not a call to buy or sell

Notice interesting Action in Gallant Venture

Seems like accumulation

Vested :D:cheers1::D

Simi
30-05-14, 15:14
Sinar testing support at 0.59

Looking for re entry
if break next support at 0.575

teddybear
30-05-14, 15:42
You are not welcome in this thread, get lost KNN talk cock bull shit scambag! :tongue3:

then why are u even watching it? nothing better to do? u backside itchy? Frankly who cares what you think? This Micky Mouse all $ put together can buy u out a billion times. Try this Micky for Size.

phantom_opera
30-05-14, 18:08
HPH Trust amazing volume again ... Chinese companies like COSCO buying after buying ACT? P/B at 0.8 and export to Europe/US according to PMI should go up :)

!!! Buy !!!

Simi
30-05-14, 18:23
HPH Trust amazing volume again ... Chinese companies like COSCO buying after buying ACT? P/B at 0.8 and export to Europe/US according to PMI should go up :)

!!! Buy !!!

Noted

Put into Watchlist :)

phantom_opera
30-05-14, 18:30
might be simply due to HSBC China PMI new export order surprised on the upside, but the volume is :eek:

Simi
30-05-14, 21:25
might be simply due to HSBC China PMI new export order surprised on the upside, but the volume is :eek:

Bro

don't worry

we are matured adult here
all postings herein are Caveat Emptor

Cheers

Simi
30-05-14, 21:26
OUE closed with a Bearish Engulfing formation

just be careful

amk
30-05-14, 22:39
this STI is really... dun know what to say....:tsk-tsk:
Look at today what happen at the last minute for these 3 index shares : OLAM, SPH, Jardine C&C

Simi
30-05-14, 22:48
this STI is really... dun know what to say....:tsk-tsk:
Look at today what happen at the last minute for these 3 index shares : OLAM, SPH, Jardine C&C

STI market is too small

He who control these also control MSCI movements :ashamed1:

Simi
30-05-14, 22:58
I like Goog

but too poor to play it

Now down 2.78 at 563.17

Why I like Goog

3 consecutive down days is so negligible

Also take note on light green trend line (history)

then compare it to the present trend line in white

The chart Speaks for itself ? :D

Simi
31-05-14, 00:16
Nuan and MGM get rejected at the resistance :scared-5:

radha08
31-05-14, 06:23
Yzx can buy.....

Komo
31-05-14, 09:19
tigerair setting record with as much as 21% jump in a day?

Simi
31-05-14, 11:15
tigerair setting record with as much as 21% jump in a day?

Closed with a 17.8% gain

Rumour of privatisation

Simi
31-05-14, 11:18
Yzx can buy.....

you mean YZJ ?

onglai
31-05-14, 13:25
you mean YZJ ?

pui yzj

:simmering:

Komo
31-05-14, 22:15
Closed with a 17.8% gain

Rumour of privatisation
what took them so long to do it? if tigerair is a strategic investment should not have listed in the first place.

Simi
01-06-14, 14:01
what took them so long to do it? if tigerair is a strategic investment should not have listed in the first place.

asking myself too
what is the advantages and gains if taken private

but in momentum trading
Its always about asking question later
Its all about where the actions are :cheers1:

Simi
01-06-14, 14:14
The Singapore Exchange has been kept busy for several weeks now, querying companies whose shares have spiked suddenly on large volumes. Low cost carrier Tiger Airways Holdings is the latest to join the club. At 3.22pm today, it was queried about its trading activity. As of 5.30pm, it had yet to respond.

Shares of Tigerair surged to as high as 54.5 cents at 3.14pm, a 21.1% increase from their close on May 29 at 45 cents. They ended today at 53 cents. Trading volume was unusually heavy, at close to 30 million shares – the highest volume in two years and 12.9 times the average traded over the past 30 days.

Will Tigerair join the lengthening list of companies involved in M&A activity? Speculation is that the company could have found a buyer for its 32.5% stake in Tigerair Mandala, which operates out of Jakarta. “If Tigerair sells its 32.5% stake in Mandala, our loss forecast may be reduced,” says CIMB Research in a report earlier this month. The brokerage expects Tigerair to report losses of $59.4 million for FY2015 ended March. “But Singapore and Australia are forecast to remain in the red for another two years.”

Citilink, a subsidiary of Garuda Indonesia, had initially been rumoured to be interested in an acquisition. However, the company later denied these rumours. Other players said to have indicated interest are AirAsia and its Indonesian arm.

Another theory is that Tigerair could end up being bailed out by a shareholder or bought out by a third party. The company badly needs help. On May 2, Tigerair had reported losses for FY2014 of $223 million. In FY2013, its losses had amounted to $45.4 million. At the same time, it gave notice that it has recorded pre-tax losses for the three most recently completed consecutive financial years. Companies are placed on a watch-list if they report pre-tax losses for three consecutive financial years and have an average daily market capitalisation of less than $40 million over 120 market days. Tigerair is in no danger as its market cap is in excess of $400 million. However, it is struggling to turn a profit in the low cost market, which is facing issues of overcapacity.

An outright acquisition of Tiger would be unusual at current prices. Even before the stock ran up, it was trading above its net asset value of 28 cents per share. It also has net gearing of 68%. There has been some speculation that Singapore Airlines, which owns 40% of the company, could raise its stake. On May 12, Tigerair appointed a new CEO, Lee Lik Hsin, who has spent his entire career at SIA.

Indeed, it is in SIA’s interest to fix Tigerair quickly. Although SIA’s own operations are performing, with operating earnings up 37% to $256 million in FY2014 ended March, its other units are not doing as well. Operating earnings at SilkAir fell 63% to $35 million. SIA Cargo suffered a loss of $100 million. And Tigerair contributed an associate loss of $118 million.

Even if there is a willing buyer for Tigerair however, the company’s troubles will require a great deal more than injection of funds to solve. The promising story of an endless supply of middle-class Asians clamouring to travel the world has been overshadowed by overwhelming supply. A HSBC transport report this month says that long-haul routes are performing better than intra-Asian and domestic routes. But it is the latter that low cost carriers such as Tigerair specialise in. Meanwhile, political instability and deterioration in international relations among countries in the region is likely to continue affecting travel patterns.

by Joan Ng

as usual there will be a STANDARD REPLY to SGX queries

Simi
01-06-14, 14:37
pui yzj

:simmering:

Ong lai 哥

got "press release" your anger or not ?:D

star
01-06-14, 15:17
Cosco is even worse than yzj. Haha.

Werther
01-06-14, 16:48
Hi bro

What to buy tomorrow?

Cbsh, is it too late to enter OUE now?

Simi
01-06-14, 21:23
Hi bro

What to buy tomorrow?

Regards to OUE

can watch for a few days if bulls are able to push it up above last high

Present candlestick formation not very ideal
Its a

BEARISH ENGULFING PATTERN

compare this chart (highlighted in yellow rectangle box)with OUE last 2 days candle

http://www.istockanalyst.com/help/Bearish_Engulfing

cbsh38584
01-06-14, 21:50
Hi bro

What to buy tomorrow?

Sorry, I really cant advise you on stock recommendation. But I can only tell u my investment strategy using CPF $$$.

Safety is my 1st priority. I only buy very undervalue stock and only when there is fear in the market or individual stock. It need a lot of patience.

So when OUE dropped to $2.25. I just buy using my CPF $$$. NAV $4.03. My very 1st trade using CPF in 2014.

Maybe you can find out from sharejunction forum regarding about the OUE stock. FYI, I dont make "buy" decision base on what I read from this forum. I only trust FEAR.

http://www.sharejunction.com/sharejunction/listMessage.htm?topicId=8908&searchString=&msgbdName=OUE%20LTD%20&topicTitle=OUE%20LTD%20worth%20buying%20for%20long%20term

Most of my cash is used to buy corporate bond & leverage a lot. I use debt to generate income but there is a risk. So need to manage actively. So far doing fine.

radha08
01-06-14, 22:41
you mean YZJ ?

yes sorry support at 99c is what my broker told me...:o

Komo
01-06-14, 22:59
asking myself too
what is the advantages and gains if taken private

but in momentum trading
Its always about asking question later
Its all about where the actions are :cheers1:

when price is so low will become very attractive if any competitor is interested in a hostile takeover. furthermore sia does not have full control in terms of share. the way I see it also why there is urgency to place their own man in the management. I will not be surprised if the next step is to increase stake to deter hostile interest.

Simi
01-06-14, 23:03
yes sorry support at 99c is what my broker told me...:o

Hi radha08

Thanks for the sharing

Last week some rumours on company being Investigated thus the fall
Unfortunately market do not like uncertainties

Your broker might be right in the sense that there exist a Technical Gap at 0.99c and according to technical theory, all gaps need to be closed

So bearing in mind the adverse rumour, buying at 0.99 gap is quite high risk and of course can be handsomely rewarded if rumour can be quashed and turn out be not true

can only add on to say

Expect the Unexpected
Good luck :)

Simi
01-06-14, 23:12
when price is so low will become very attractive if any competitor is interested in a hostile takeover. furthermore sia does not have full control in terms of share. the way I see it also why there is urgency to place their own man in the management. I will not be surprised if the next step is to increase stake to deter hostile interest.

Hi Komo
by now you should know I rely heavily on chart reading

there seems to be some "irregularities" in the chart pattern 2 to 3 weeks back

I believed in this phrase

No smoke without fire :):cheers1:

Werther
02-06-14, 00:56
Regards to OUE

can watch for a few days if bulls are able to push it up above last high

Present candlestick formation not very ideal
Its a

BEARISH ENGULFING PATTERN

compare this chart (highlighted in yellow rectangle box)with OUE last 2 days candle

http://www.istockanalyst.com/help/Bearish_Engulfing

Thanks Bros Simi and Cbsh

Will monitor this stock in the next few days.

Cbsh, wish I am savvy like in your bonds leverage but I got no guts. Haha

cbsh38584
02-06-14, 12:20
Don't worry about your cash is not generate return. I can tell that all my friends who use cash to trade stocks > 15 yrs. >90% are not making $$$ after many years of playing share. Herd instinct , failure to cut loss , GREED etc - Old habit dies hard. My friends & I have been trying to figure out how to manage human emotional weakness trading behaviour.

1) Go fishing - learn to be patience ?

2) search for Good courses that teach EQ trading but NONE.

3) Write Greed Kills, Greed Kills & paste it on wall. But doesn't work.

4) Record all trades so that I am able to see my mistakes. It work

5) Record the Gurus investment seminar talk. But cant bring recorder in. Only use memory. Their strategy is fine but timing wrong because they are not GOD.

6) Trade small lots to learn. Any mistakes made. The loss will not be big.

7) b4 2008, I take blind risk to do ACCUMULATOR product which is easy money to make. I nearly bankrupt. Luckily I survived & learn from it with minimum loss

etc etc

It is only after the LEHMAN crisis, I finally practise EQ trading. I believe it is the investment journey U need to go through b4 U really understand the important of patience trading & buy only when there is FEAR in the market. Not to follow herd instinct investing.

The older I get, the less I care about what people think of me. Therefore the older I get, the more I enjoy life.

So when comes to investing. The older I get, the more experience I have. So the less I trust the Analyst stock recommendations, Goldman sach , Citibank , CS , SC , Morgan , SG stock gurus , friend & colleague hearsay investment tips etc etc.

The older I get, I firmly believe that GREED investing , Herd investing, frequent trading of stocks , high leveraging in speculative derivative product (ELN , FCN , Accumulator ) , FX trading etc is a guarantee for failure in long run. So the older I get, the more I trust “FEAR investing”.

Werther
02-06-14, 13:09
Hello Cbsh

Always like reading your encouraging post..put me at ease.

Cos always i hear people here always get 5-8% on their investment return where i get only 1% from the bank. sianz.

I need to control my emotions in order not to anyhow jump into investment which will put me in loss-making position.

Yes, I like your motto, 'be patience'...I think must really paste it on my wall. haha.:doh:

Simi
02-06-14, 16:55
Disclaimer : Not a call to buy or sell

Notice interesting Action in Gallant Venture

Seems like accumulation

Vested :D:cheers1::D

collected some more :cool::cool:

phantom_opera
02-06-14, 17:22
It is important to only trade business that you understand and will not kaput overnight like ACCS or China Aviation Oil

For example, I will never trade things like Olam or Noble Group as I don't understand WTF they are doing :p

ST highlighted high dividend yield of HPH Trust on Sunday, today drops (but in line with other REITs) :tongue3:

Just my 2c

Kelonguni
02-06-14, 18:06
5-8% yes, but got to have the discipline to walk in and walk away, stay off.

more than 10% must study very very hard, very Siong...

Kelonguni
02-06-14, 18:09
Hello Cbsh

Always like reading your encouraging post..put me at ease.

Cos always i hear people here always get 5-8% on their investment return where i get only 1% from the bank. sianz.

I need to control my emotions in order not to anyhow jump into investment which will put me in loss-making position.

Yes, I like your motto, 'be patience'...I think must really paste it on my wall. haha.:doh:

Many banks fixed deposits and other products offer 2-3% the last I checked.

Simi
02-06-14, 18:15
5-8% yes, but got to have the discipline to walk in and walk away, stay off.

more than 10% must study very very hard, very Siong...

Precisely

Have to monitor and work very hard
Not every day can make 5~8%

Key word is DISCIPLINE
if manage to get correct counter "let it run" to maximize profits
If wrong...ability to cut loss instead of losing shirt and pant :ashamed1:

So out of a few counters under watchlist
Managed to get a Bull Eye on Gallant...already 7~8% liao
Today closed at day high...tomorrow hope to see it go higher :cool::cool:

Kelonguni
02-06-14, 18:20
Precisely

Have to monitor and work very hard
Not every day can make 5~8%

Key word is DISCIPLINE
if manage to get correct counter "let it run" to maximize profits
If wrong...ability to cut loss instead of losing shirt and pant :ashamed1:

So out of a few counters under watchlist
Managed to get a Bull Eye on Gallant...already 7~8% liao
Today closed at day high...tomorrow hope to see it go higher :cool::cool:

If everyday 5-8 % you will be Peter Lim in a few years. I am talking about 5-8% a year.

Simi
02-06-14, 18:48
If everyday 5-8 % you will be Peter Lim in a few years. I am talking about 5-8% a year.

Trading for fun :D

my other income is more important :cheers1:

Simi
02-06-14, 21:14
YingLi

Interesting to watch

After running up on the 28th May breakout from rectangle (0.29c)
It has since pullback for the last 3 sessions on low daily volume

Impulse buyers on contra due this Thursday and Friday
and 0.29 will be the support to watch

Todays close 0.30
Next resistance at 0.335
Support 0.29, with 0.285 accidental

Simi
02-06-14, 22:55
Rex Intl

Forming a Bull Flag after breaking out from Cup and Handle formation

Next 1 ~ 2 days will be interesting to see of there is any
life left from the bulls to break up from the flag

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 08:21
Rex Intl

You are good at TA. It is really hard work.

Do U have a STOP LOSS strategy for every trade ?
Let Say U buy Gallant @31.
Do U immediate key in STOP LOSS price @29 (10%) ?
STOP LOSS - can be 5% to 10%.

Simi
03-06-14, 10:25
You are good at TA. It is really hard work.

Do U have a STOP LOSS strategy for every trade ?
Let Say U buy Gallant @31.
Do U immediate key in STOP LOSS price @29 (10%) ?
STOP LOSS - can be 5% to 10%.

Hi cbsh38584

Discipline and patient is very important in trading

Setting stop loss is a form of discipline
Patient to read Live Action, the real Times and Sales are most important as
short term and momentum trading

If bought Gallant at 0.31 say on 20th May would cut if last low was broken
at 0.29
0.29 was created as a support since 7th April and was tested several times.

To be precise 11 times therefore it shown to be a strong support

Above only 1 aspect in TA

Cheers

Simi
03-06-14, 10:29
Look at smrt now
Real time reading of SMRT
1.485 / 1.49

is it accumulation or distribution ?
(Buying or selling)

you win if you can determine and identify the actions

Therefore it is no more a 50/50 like big small betting
With help of TA, your percentage of winning is higher

Best of Luck

Simi
03-06-14, 10:43
Look at Gallant Live Actions

Buying or selling

0.355 / 0.36

Note : the buy and sell referring to MM
and not you and me :cool:

If able to identify what the MM are doing...follow on the side of the MM

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 10:48
Look at smrt now
Real time reading of SMRT
1.485 / 1.49

is it accumulation or distribution ?
(Buying or selling)

you win if you can determine and identify the actions

Therefore it is no more a 50/50 like big small betting
With help of TA, your percentage of winning is higher

Best of Luck

I was invited to attend a investment Seminar organised by STD CHART many years ago (> 7 yrs). He showed the performance of a professional traders Vs average investors who just buy S&P chip (US) & hold for long term.

The result shown that the professional trader return beat the investors who buy & hold strategy only by a few % after 10 yrs. But I believe the buy & hold strategy may not hold now.

teddybear
03-06-14, 11:01
There is no such thing called "buy & hold" for stocks, especially SGX listed stocks!
You try doing that in Singapore stock market and your return may be worse than putting in fixed deposits over a 10 years period! :banghead:
As such, market timing is very important for stocks!
However, in stocks, the tricky part is that when the price reaches "high historical price" may not mean really "high" now, and "low historical price" doesn't means really "low", which is why many people missed out profits / got burnt (selling too early and buying when they shouldn't!)................. :ashamed1:

I was invited to attend a investment Seminar organised by STD CHART many years ago (> 7 yrs). He showed the performance of a professional traders Vs average investors who just buy S&P chip (US) & hold for long term.

The result shown that the professional trader return beat the investors who buy & hold strategy only by a few % after 10 yrs. But I believe the buy & hold strategy may not hold now.

Simi
03-06-14, 11:55

Professional Trader can access to market information way ahead of us through their networking and trading tools (Bloomberg terminal):ashamed1:
and also their size of trade

What Teddy Sir said is true

Set target, once reached take the profits, do not be greedy

Simi
03-06-14, 12:00
Have you ever ask yourself ?

Why buying on Fear and most of the time you win ?
Why buying on Greed and most of the time you lose ?

Simi
03-06-14, 12:29
Nuan and MGM get rejected at the resistance :scared-5:

Nuan and MGM moved up again to challenge the resistance

So, will it happen tonight ?

Dow Chemical on the way to 54 ?

phantom_opera
03-06-14, 14:23
US tech big cap my next target

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 14:23
Professional Trader can access to market information way ahead of us through their networking and trading tools (Bloomberg terminal):ashamed1:
and also their size of trade

What Teddy Sir said is true

Set target, once reached take the profits, do not be greedy

You are a experience trader. Not many can be a successful trader in stock. It take time to polish the trading skill.

Simi
03-06-14, 15:01
You are a experience trader. Not many can be a successful trader in stock. It take time to polish the trading skill.

Bro

I had lost tons of money :banghead::banghead:

what I made now is to reduced or compensate what had been lost before :ashamed1:

you can start off TA by understand this first, the very basic

Candlestick formation

Simi
03-06-14, 15:23
sorry
here is the link...happy browsing and learning

http://www.candlesticker.com/Default.aspx?lang=en

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 15:42
Bro

I had lost tons of money :banghead::banghead:

what I made now is to reduced or compensate what had been lost before :ashamed1:

you can start off TA by understand this first, the very basic

Candlestick formation

The VIX is at all time low. Really need a good skill to make money. Trader likes high VIX. My remisier says that biz is really not so good. Even my banker are not as busy as compare 2 yrs ago. An inexperience trader cannot make money through trading.

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 16:54
India stock market was the worst performing emerging market just months ago. Now it was the best performing emerging market.

Religare Health Trust (India) from $0.75 in Feb14. Now it is $0.90. A 20% gain. It pays 0.075cts dividend in 2013. If U believe in the new PM, MODI. Maybe it got potential in long term.

phantom_opera
03-06-14, 17:10
X3 my initial position in HPH trust ...

Werther
03-06-14, 19:14
India stock market was the worst performing emerging market just months ago. Now it was the best performing emerging market.

Religare Health Trust (India) from $0.75 in Feb14. Now it is $0.90. A 20% gain. It pays 0.075cts dividend in 2013. If U believe in the new PM, MODI. Maybe it got potential in long term.

Hi cbsh

I hv some religare trust, wanted to buy more cos dividends quite good, today at 87 cents wanted to get some but was busy this afternoon and missed it again. I always missed the boat. :banghead::banghead:

Allthepies
03-06-14, 19:48
Trading is fun but I always lose money when I trade. ... That why I don't trade now. .. picking good stocks give higher return but is "boring".....

cbsh38584
03-06-14, 20:47
Hi cbsh

I hv some religare trust, wanted to buy more cos dividends quite good, today at 87 cents wanted to get some but was busy this afternoon and missed it again. I always missed the boat. :banghead::banghead:

You are quite emotional. But it is part of learning curve. Buying & become emotional on fluctuation of the stock price. Long run it is likely will not make any $$$.

I have wanted to buy Religare but it is not a CPF approved stock. I don't why CPF approved junk Penny stock like MDR , Rowsley , Blumont , Eratat (Suspended) etc. I wrote to CPF but no reply.

If you believe the growing trend in India’s healthcare spending will bring more revenue for RHT in the future. Then U just keep for it for dividend play.

Werther
03-06-14, 23:20
Hi cbsh

I also think I m getting emotional these days. Tell me about it. Haha.

Maybe missed too many boats but glad you are around to remind us to maintain calm and be patience.

Thank you, sincerely.

GORDON
03-06-14, 23:40
""The VIX is at all time low. Really need a good skill to make money. Trader likes high VIX. My remisier says that biz is really not so good. Even my banker are not as busy as compare 2 yrs ago. An inexperience trader cannot make money through trading."" by cbsh 38584

which trading platform eg does poems allow us to buy and sell VIX?

VIX, Being counter cyclical to BULL n Bear,can we make money from Trading in VIX?
any one can comment?

cbsh38584
04-06-14, 07:39
""The VIX is at all time low. Really need a good skill to make money. Trader likes high VIX. My remisier says that biz is really not so good. Even my banker are not as busy as compare 2 yrs ago. An inexperience trader cannot make money through trading."" by cbsh 38584

which trading platform eg does poems allow us to buy and sell VIX?

VIX, Being counter cyclical to BULL n Bear,can we make money from Trading in VIX?
any one can comment?

Sorry, should not use VIX. I am referring to the volatility, not VIX.
The movement of the stock fluctuation.

Just like FX volatility prices has fallen to the lowest levels on record.Volatility is likely to remain low.

onglai
05-06-14, 09:51
X3 my initial position in HPH trust ...

huat!

:)

cbsh38584
05-06-14, 10:39
Cash will be eventually the King. But we don't know when. Hope I have the courage to take profit & keep more cash or cut loss before the really big crisis comes. So far I managed to keep leveraging at manageable level.

The whole world is in manipulation.
Manipulating everything from currency to commodity to stock to Government fake data , fraud accounting etc.

rdgs,
Vic

Simi
08-06-14, 15:31
YingLi

Interesting to watch

After running up on the 28th May breakout from rectangle (0.29c)
It has since pullback for the last 3 sessions on low daily volume

Impulse buyers on contra due this Thursday and Friday
and 0.29 will be the support to watch

Todays close 0.30
Next resistance at 0.335
Support 0.29, with 0.285 accidental

Selling pressure had ceased
forming a base at 0.295 after 7 trading sessions :D

Simi
08-06-14, 15:35
Rex Intl

After breakout
did not formed a bull flag but a back test on broken resistance
and had since rebounded a bit with 2 consecutive higher low

Selling over and ready ? :D

Simi
08-06-14, 15:43
Dow Chemical broke USD53 at last

with the exuberance and euphoria may go on to 55

Nuan broke through the resistance and targeting to test USD17.75, well done

MGM failed

Simi
08-06-14, 15:47
Why I like Goog

3 consecutive down days is so negligible

Also take note on light green trend line (history)

then compare it to the present trend line in white

The chart Speaks for itself ? :D

Goog

being compressed like a spring
watch out for the recoil :D

Simi
08-06-14, 15:50
Counter A26

Disappearing volume again
So can we see a rising price next ? :D

Simi
09-06-14, 20:06
Counter A26

Disappearing volume again
So can we see a rising price next ? :D

A26

Indeed after disappearing volume

Window of opportunities did opened 0.57 to 0.575 before closing
at 0.585

More upside ?
If missed today not to buy tomorrow

Simi
09-06-14, 20:10
5IG

should be range bound between 0.36 to 0.375
or may even touch 0.35 before embarking on next direction

Simi
09-06-14, 20:12
New MM play

ABL counters

phantom_opera
09-06-14, 20:55
FCOT / HPH Trust to chiong this week, otherwise going to sell some to take profit

Bought an initial position in QQQ last week

Simi
10-06-14, 13:55
New MM play

ABL counters

ABL running like no tomorrow

New MM powerful neh :ashamed1::scared-4:

phantom_opera
10-06-14, 18:40
looking to buy more Nasdaq100 on dip!!!

Simi
10-06-14, 20:30
looking to buy more Nasdaq100 on dip!!!

Bro

me getting cold feet at each passing moment as summer time clock tick down :ashamed1:

Simi
10-06-14, 20:49
The Greed and Fear Index

teddybear
10-06-14, 21:06
No scare, S&p at 1951 the night is still young... :D

Bro

me getting cold feet at each passing moment as summer time clock tick down :ashamed1:

phantom_opera
10-06-14, 22:00
SPY:$GOLD and QQQ:$GOLD are bullish ... no worries :D

but RSI looks peaking ... need a rest

Simi
10-06-14, 22:09
SPY:$GOLD and QQQ:$GOLD are bullish ... no worries :D

but RSI looks peaking ... need a rest

Thanks

today took some Acma after seeing micro pennies flying :D

phantom_opera
11-06-14, 08:05
NDX .. not my analysis

http://image.minyanville.com/assets/FCK_Jan2013/images/LC_March2014/2014-06-10_TOTM_NDX_image_2.png

Simi
11-06-14, 08:17
NDX .. not my analysis

http://image.minyanville.com/assets/FCK_Jan2013/images/LC_March2014/2014-06-10_TOTM_NDX_image_2.png

same count here as picture is clearer now

v of Primary 3

After the completion of this P3
we have the P4 which I had been anticipating since early this year (did not expect iii of 3 to go and last that long :beats-me-man::doh:

and wrong count on v mistaking iv for the start of P4

P4 corrections come in 3waves instead of 5
we call it the ABC corrective waves and can last for many months

Expecting this P4 this summer

Overall we are still in a Bull Market

Cheers

chestnut
11-06-14, 08:42
Bro simi, u may want to look at sigm. They are 1 of 2 chip vendors for z-wave. I believe z-wave will be big. Google bot nest leh😃.

Maybe another 3d printing in the making.

Can u imagine all appliances use z-wave. Hahahahaha

This is the IOT

Simi
11-06-14, 08:48
Bro simi, u may want to look at sigm. They are 1 of 2 chip vendors for z-wave. I believe z-wave will be big. Google bot nest leh😃.

This is the IOT

Bro

your Nuan is recovering well
thanks for sharing sigm...will definitely study it

chestnut
11-06-14, 08:56
Bro

your Nuan is recovering well
thanks for sharing sigm...will definitely study it

Overall my us stocks very blue - Hahahaha

The us stocks is to keep my brain active. Made some from casino, bank, 4g, tech stocks.... Hahahahaha

I think casino stocks still can climb. Cheers bro... Bot panorama by the way:) last unit before I retire this year😃

bargain hunter
11-06-14, 10:12
wah u really bot ah! :)

Overall my us stocks very blue - Hahahaha

The us stocks is to keep my brain active. Made some from casino, bank, 4g, tech stocks.... Hahahahaha

I think casino stocks still can climb. Cheers bro... Bot panorama by the way:) last unit before I retire this year😃

chestnut
11-06-14, 11:27
wah u really bot ah! :)

of course..... cheap leh.... 2 room.... So now when my kids big and get married, I can choose between Clover by the Park or Panorama.... hahahaha....
than my big unit i staying in can rent out... hahahahahaha

I do 10-20 year planning leh.....

retiring this year - just nice.... before the big 50 !!!!!!

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

Lovelle
11-06-14, 14:31
of course..... cheap leh.... 2 room.... So now when my kids big and get married, I can choose between Clover by the Park or Panorama.... hahahaha....

congrats ah Mr chestnut.

How much is 2 bedroom ? the rich like you are getting richer...

onglai
11-06-14, 14:43

so must pay absd 3+10% ??

:scared-5:

chestnut
11-06-14, 15:05
congrats ah Mr chestnut.

How much is 2 bedroom ? the rich like you are getting richer...

Lovelle, me not rich..... I did not come from rich family... My dad's salary was enough to feed a family of 7.... When he retired, he had about 300k for his old age...

I told myself, if I keep waiting for the govt to help, I can wait till the cow come home... I decided to take matters into my own hands and work my way up and save a big chunk of my salary.... One day while playing golf with my customer, he asked me this - have you thought about retirement??? Will the company continue to employ you all the way??? What if something happened to you, (healthwise), will the company still want you??? I was under 40, still fit as ever... But the questions rocked me like crazy !!!!! I decided, better invest.... My first investment rocked me !!!! Why, a few years later, GFC !!! Wah pian... Jialat.... So I decided to read and read and read and analyze like crazy....

So zoomed in on 2 areas - stocks and properties.... With much luck, managed to do quite well... after a few years, I looked backed, wah lau... I bot my anchorage in the past for under 900k and today it is about 2mil... Then I thought, what the heck, my tenant had been paying for my unit... Yes there was a case where I rented out my Anchorage for 2k/month but today, I am getting surplus off my rental amount... The worst case was I redeemed part of the loan:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Bottomline, as a contribution to this forum... Make things happen... If you fail, at least you tried... and if you fail, just pick yourself up and push on... It was not all bed of roses for me.... I had my downs too but my optimism pulled me through... But if you wait for something to happen, more often then not, if does not happen.... and if it happens, it is luck, so pray you are lucky if you want something to happen without you putting in effort...

I am very conservative as well... I want to be able to sleep well at nite... So my risk appetite is very low...

No point having too much stress... it takes all the fun out of investing....

I analyzed Panorama and felt the risk element (at least to me) is very low... Whats the worst case - rent out for 2k lor.... hahahaha... It is about a 5-10 min walk to Mayflower MRT.... but there is a slope... hahahaha

bot for under 900k

In investment, always be prepared to lose and if you do lose, do a post mortem and learn what mistakes were made...

I am not rich - I am just fortunate to have met someone who woke me up to life and investing... And I am just sharing here... there is no need for brag in a forum... I have many who would tickle me to make me happy in real life...

I hope all forummers here will share as much as possible and not be so negative and whack people for the sake of whacking...

Cheers my friend and wish you well in your life as well !!!!!

We are all humans and money cannot make you happy, but without money - how to be happy????

chestnut
11-06-14, 15:09
back to STOCKS !!!!!

May everyone huat :D:cheers1:

chestnut
11-06-14, 15:27
home automation

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sigma-designs-launches-turnkey-z-140000592.html

http://electronicdesign.com/communications/what-s-difference-between-zigbee-and-z-wave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZigBee

There are also other technology like bluetooth and wifi(broadcom)...

Who will win the battle.... It is still early but the market will be explosive !!!!

This is the next wave....

Imagine controlling your air-con, camera, alarm notification, lighting, blinds, set-top box, etc....

I love tech as you can see !!!!!!

Watch out, it is coming your way !!!!:D:D:D

Yes you can control all this via android and iphone....

stl67
11-06-14, 15:36
Lovelle, me not rich..... I did not come from rich family... My dad's salary was enough to feed a family of 7.... When he retired, he had about 300k for his old age...

:
Tai Kor, always enjoy your post...next time we should meet up to play golf..I am addicted to the game..So are you going to full time golfing after retiring? Now can still train and play the senior tour... who knows can make $$

this week going to conserve energy to watch the US Open + World cup...

chestnut
11-06-14, 16:08
Tai Kor, always enjoy your post...next time we should meet up to play golf..I am addicted to the game..So are you going to full time golfing after retiring? Now can still train and play the senior tour... who knows can make $$

this week going to conserve energy to watch the US Open + World cup...

Was at Thailand the week before....

day 1 - Panya Indah bangkok
day 2- Siam old course phattaya
day 3- Siam water course Phattaya (just open 3 weeks) fairways was virgin.... Caddy couldnt read green at all and the green was tricky...

Doing lots of biz golf before I retire... hahahaha.... But casual golf is so much different from biz golf.... Going Poresia tomorrow... hahahaha

star
11-06-14, 19:35
Every dip in US market is a chance to buy. I forsee stocks to rise further this coming year end and next year as China and US economy improve. China SSE has stuck in 2000 for long time. Interest rate is low now, investment risk is low.
Buy US banks in every dip and casino.

phantom_opera
11-06-14, 20:24
Dow gold ratio should test 13.1 to 13.2 range before moving up again

16800 / 1280 should be about right

star
11-06-14, 21:28
I am targetting to buy LVS and BAC.

star
11-06-14, 21:35
Bought some LVS $73.50 and BAC $15.60

Wunderkind
11-06-14, 21:36
I am targetting to buy LVS and BAC.

They have gone too high. Wait for the dip. BAC is attractively valued at below $14.80. Not aware of any catalysts.

Simi
11-06-14, 21:43

This is the IOT

Bro chestnut

http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/

think I am using the z chip unconsciously in one of my product from my bz partner :scared-2: (locking systems) for remote access can control it by using APPS.

hahaha now I know

This counter symbol sigm had a historical high of over USD70 buck

Last done USD3.82, 52weeks high at USD6.70

Sigma Designs, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGM), a leader in intelligent media platforms, on 9 June announced that it will report its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 ended May 3, 2014 following the close of regular trading on Wednesday, June 11, 2014. Analysts mean target price for Sigma Designs Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGM) is $9.00 and On Tuesday shares its shares opened at $3.55 and closed at $3.83.Sigma Designs Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGM) quarterly revenue growth is -12.90% while quarterly earnings growth is 103.80%.

press release

June 9, 2014, 10:01 a.m. EDT

Sigma Designs Launches Turnkey Z-Wave(R) Serial Interface Module Into Volume Production

Plug and Play Modem Provides Unprecedented Easy Integration and Fastest Time-to-Market Yet

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sigma-designs-launches-turnkey-z-waver-serial-interface-module-into-volume-production-2014-06-09

Bro Thanks for the tips

Wunderkind
11-06-14, 21:50
Buy RIG and ESV if you want to get some hedge on downside risks when DOW dips. They do pay good dividends.

chestnut
11-06-14, 21:56
Bro chestnut

http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/

think I am using the z chip unconsciously in one of my product from my bz partner :scared-2: (locking systems) for remote access can control it by using APPS.

hahaha now I know

This counter symbol sigm had a historical high of over USD70 buck

Last done USD3.82, 52weeks high at USD6.70

press release

June 9, 2014, 10:01 a.m. EDT

Sigma Designs Launches Turnkey Z-Wave(R) Serial Interface Module Into Volume Production

Plug and Play Modem Provides Unprecedented Easy Integration and Fastest Time-to-Market Yet

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sigma-designs-launches-turnkey-z-waver-serial-interface-module-into-volume-production-2014-06-09

Bro Thanks for the tips

Yale lock

http://www.yaleresidential.com/en/yale/yaleresidential-com/Real-Living/product-details/Keypad/touchscreen/

Air remote
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-remotec-ac-ir-extender

And a lot more....

Simi
11-06-14, 22:13
Yale lock

http://www.yaleresidential.com/en/yale/yaleresidential-com/Real-Living/product-details/Keypad/touchscreen/

Air remote
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-remotec-ac-ir-extender

And a lot more....

No not using Yale lock

Trying to get (supplier) to put it under my own brand :p

Lovelle
11-06-14, 22:28
Bro chestnut,

U are having so much fun !!,, i too want to buy some Sgma for some.fun

chestnut
11-06-14, 22:29
No not using Yale lock

Trying to get (supplier) to put it under my own brand :p

Here's a list of z-wave products... Just for u

http://www.z-wave.com/find_products/sensors

Simi
11-06-14, 22:43
Here's a list of z-wave products... Just for u

http://www.z-wave.com/find_products/sensors

Bro
thanks
I got use for most of the sensors :cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

Simi
11-06-14, 22:48
Both LVS and MGM rebounding nicely

at least a dollar to resistance
but mgm lower capital outlay

phantom_opera
12-06-14, 21:12
Dow gold ratio should test 13.1 to 13.2 range before moving up again

16800 / 1280 should be about right

futures at 16,830 /1,265

coming soon :D

Simi
12-06-14, 21:37
futures at 16,830 /1,265

coming soon :D

market made another low to continue its correction from the 1955 peak, but getting the feeling the market is going to attempt another rally to another all time high before making a Fib correction. Maybe traders want to push it as high as 2000 before taking a summer break ?

from a avid blogger

gosh

I am afraid of height
especially now :):doh:

Wunderkind
12-06-14, 21:40
Dow is going through a period of mini-correction. Any instance of apparent not so good news will cause the market to dip. Many traders are also taking the correction as an excuse to take profits. I am not surprised to see Dow sliding down by 5% in the next 3 to 4 weeks. And part of the reason is also due to World Cup.

Those who invest for the long term can take opportunity to buy on the dip.

Simi
12-06-14, 22:00
so embarrass to confess

looking at a retracement of 23% to 38%

from low of 1158 to the next high (present high is 1955)

Simi
12-06-14, 22:03
SIGM like a ROCKET

up up and away (up13.40%)

bro chestnut power man :D

Wunderkind
12-06-14, 23:22
Dow is going through a period of mini-correction. Any instance of apparent not so good news will cause the market to dip. Many traders are also taking the correction as an excuse to take profits. I am not surprised to see Dow sliding down by 5% in the next 3 to 4 weeks. And part of the reason is also due to World Cup.

Those who invest for the long term can take opportunity to buy on the dip.

In times like this when the opportunity is open for you to get in, you should have a list of stocks on hand to pounce during the market lows.

Diversification is still the best strategy. I would recommend the following stocks C , BAC, RIG , ESV, BP, INTC, AAPL, ORCL, PPL that I have been tracking.

I am not vested in any of these stocks, but I intend to make a move in the next 30 days when the market offers the window of opportunity.

phantom_opera
13-06-14, 08:29
BTFD ... for SG, buy REITs and HPH Trust, for US, QQQ

Wunderkind
13-06-14, 12:51
Dow slided 109 points last night. This is an indication that traders are starting to unwind their positions to lock in profits amidst tensions in Iraq and uncertainties in the middle-east.

The conflict in Iraq has escalated oil prices to above $100/ barrel. So, what does it mean to my watchlist of stocks. The situation plays out in tandem with the price rise for oil related stocks : BP, RIG and ESV.

PS : I have made my first big foray into RIG last nite.

phantom_opera
13-06-14, 16:16
Bought back 1/3 of previously sold CRCT at 1.48 today

Cut HPH Trust & FCOT in last few days, prepare to re-enter on dip

Tonight will add more QQQ on dip

SG REITs .. don't touch industrial / retail ... major correction phase

phantom_opera
13-06-14, 17:48
above 107 now

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jessecolombo/files/2014/06/wtic.png

Wunderkind
13-06-14, 22:45
Interesting... Dow seems to have moved into positive territory tonight.

But I am not convinced... it may turn out to be just a "dead cat bounce".

Wunderkind
14-06-14, 15:29
Interesting... Dow seems to have moved into positive territory tonight.

But I am not convinced... it may turn out to be just a "dead cat bounce".

Mr Market is acting strangely these days. Where once you could predict Mr Market's moods, these days you can hardly know how he behaves. One day, he is down in its depression mood and the next day, he is up and smiling.

With the bull running into its 5th year, there is apparently no clear sign that Mr Market is in a worrisome mood. The VIX (fear) index is showing its lowest level since 2008's.

From my rational perspective, I don't take unnecessary risks. Sure, there are many opportunities to capitalize on Mr Market 's exuberant mood, but I rather go for safe and defensive play. I would very likely stay away from Tech and Financials for the time being. I might consider utilities if the opportunity opens even though they are "boring" stocks, but they offer great haven of security and reasonable dividends.

Simi
14-06-14, 20:58
Mr Market is acting strangely these days. Where once you could predict Mr Market's moods, these days you can hardly know how he behaves. One day, he is down in its depression mood and the next day, he is up and smiling.

With the bull running into its 5th year, there is apparently no clear sign that Mr Market is in a worrisome mood. The VIX (fear) index is showing its lowest level since 2008's.

From my rational perspective, I don't take unnecessary risks. Sure, there are many opportunities to capitalize on Mr Market 's exuberant mood, but I rather go for safe and defensive play. I would very likely stay away from Tech and Financials for the time being. I might consider utilities if the opportunity opens even though they are "boring" stocks, but they offer great haven of security and reasonable dividends.

Irrational Exuberance ?

S&P is undervalued or over valued :doh::doh:

Simi
14-06-14, 21:02
ISIS making a push towards Baghdad and now Iran sending fighters to help Iraq, so this could get messy in the next few weeks ?.
The uncertainty of this situation and a continued spike in oil should cause a real correction in the stock market ?
To cause a short term nemesis of the Bull ?

A cold summer perhaps ? :doh::doh:

teddybear
15-06-14, 12:33
Anybody using OptionsXpress Singapore? Their customer service really sucks big time! Email them a few times yet no reply! :simmering:
They only have this email [email protected]
Wanted to escalate but cannot find any other managers' email!
Wow! Their managers so scare their customers email them!
Scare of people complain them bad service? :p

Wunderkind
15-06-14, 18:07
ISIS making a push towards Baghdad and now Iran sending fighters to help Iraq, so this could get messy in the next few weeks ?.
The uncertainty of this situation and a continued spike in oil should cause a real correction in the stock market ?
To cause a short term nemesis of the Bull ?

A cold summer perhaps ? :doh::doh:

It is an interesting situation.

On the one hand, the developed economies especially the US is getting its economy back, with unemployment dropping to 6.3% and annual projected GDP growth of 1.3% this year, albeit the inflation is still relatively subdued. What this means is that the Central Banks will continue to adopt a loose monetary policy. Even as the Fed winds down its QE3 programme in October, she will continue to maintain a zero or near zero interest rates to spur consumer lending and consumption. This has given rise to optimism that the stock market will continue to push forward in its trajectory path.

On the other hand, the world situation is becoming less rosy. As the market indices are at their peaks, investors and traders get unnerved by any dose of unfavourable news. The civil war in Iraq , if it is not managed well, may escalate to a middle east crisis especially when neighbouring countries get involved. If oil installations in the South gets hit, the world oil supplies will be impacted.

So what ?

Markets will see volatility as traders start to swing their trading position between fear and greed.

The way for me is not to take unnecessary risks. It may not work for you. Oil related stocks will get a boost with the Iraq situation. So, get in early if you could.

Buy some utilities as a hedge against downsides. Limit purchases for Tech and Financials. Anyway, BAC and C are facing billion dollars law suit, so there's pretty not much in the news that the shares can go higher in the near future.

Simi
15-06-14, 21:42
Market Valuation Overview: Yet More Expensive

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/Market-Valuation-Overview.php

minority
16-06-14, 00:20
Anybody using OptionsXpress Singapore? Their customer service really sucks big time! Email them a few times yet no reply! :simmering:

Which dumb ass go use option express. have Etrade don't use. How dumb.

teddybear
16-06-14, 00:38
Come on, dumb ass showing up by proving himself to be real dumb ass and an investment novice!
Tell me, E-trade Singapore has future trading facility? :tongue3:

Which dumb ass go use option express. have Etrade don't use. How dumb.

teddybear
16-06-14, 21:19
Ok, I found that 2 alternatives to OptionsXpress that can trade futures and also US equities:
1) ThinkOrSwim - TD Ameritrade
https://www.thinkorswim.com.sg/tos/client/index.jsp

2) Saxo Capital Markets
http://sg.saxomarkets.com/

For people who are frustrated with OptionsXpress, they can look into these 2 brokerages..................

phantom_opera
16-06-14, 23:00
Market Valuation Overview: Yet More Expensive

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/Market-Valuation-Overview.php

about right .. Dow gold ratio peaked at 40 in 2000, now at 13 (but both gold n Dow are elevated due to QEs)

phantom_opera
17-06-14, 21:15
sell bond, buy stock now!!!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/06/20140616_CPI_0.jpg

phantom_opera
17-06-14, 21:58
3y UST closing in on 1%

oil up
stock up
food prices up
bond yield up

the only thing that stops outright run-away inflation is probably US housing

Wunderkind
17-06-14, 23:03
It is an interesting situation.

On the one hand, the developed economies especially the US is getting its economy back, with unemployment dropping to 6.3% and annual projected GDP growth of 1.3% this year, albeit the inflation is still relatively subdued. What this means is that the Central Banks will continue to adopt a loose monetary policy. Even as the Fed winds down its QE3 programme in October, she will continue to maintain a zero or near zero interest rates to spur consumer lending and consumption. This has given rise to optimism that the stock market will continue to push forward in its trajectory path.

On the other hand, the world situation is becoming less rosy. As the market indices are at their peaks, investors and traders get unnerved by any dose of unfavourable news. The civil war in Iraq , if it is not managed well, may escalate to a middle east crisis especially when neighbouring countries get involved. If oil installations in the South gets hit, the world oil supplies will be impacted.

So what ?

Markets will see volatility as traders start to swing their trading position between fear and greed.

The way for me is not to take unnecessary risks. It may not work for you. Oil related stocks will get a boost with the Iraq situation. So, get in early if you could.

Buy some utilities as a hedge against downsides. Limit purchases for Tech and Financials. Anyway, BAC and C are facing billion dollars law suit, so there's pretty not much in the news that the shares can go higher in the near future.

I wrote before that the US markets are behaving strangely these days and indeed they are and will be so even in the weeks ahead. All because the markets have now reached their record peak levels and any breach beyond their current peaks means that the markets are treading into unchartered territory- something that grips the market with trembling excitement. It is a strange phenomenon like that of eating the forbidden fruit ; a mixture of greed and fear. And so it is, you will see the market swinging between positive and negative territory in the weeks ahead.

So what ?

Depending on your risk appetites, you can either stay at the sidelines and watch or plunge into the market swiftly or run for the exits when the market crumbles.

If you ask me, I would advocate the policy of not taking unnecessary risks even if you have the money to burn. This is the time to wait for correction or if you can't wait, go for the dividend plays.

Lovelle
18-06-14, 07:41
Mr chestnut, do you have other stock tip?

teddybear
18-06-14, 07:50
IMHO, in such markets, I go for the cyclicals - banks, commodities, techs ... Stock indices like S&P has very high probability of making newer highs.... :cheers1:

I wrote before that the US markets are behaving strangely these days and indeed they are and will be so even in the weeks ahead. All because the markets have now reached their record peak levels and any breach beyond their current peaks means that the markets are treading into unchartered territory- something that grips the market with trembling excitement. It is a strange phenomenon like that of eating the forbidden fruit ; a mixture of greed and fear. And so it is, you will see the market swinging between positive and negative territory in the weeks ahead.

So what ?

Depending on your risk appetites, you can either stay at the sidelines and watch or plunge into the market swiftly or run for the exits when the market crumbles.

If you ask me, I would advocate the policy of not taking unnecessary risks even if you have the money to burn. This is the time to wait for correction or if you can't wait, go for the dividend plays.

star
18-06-14, 11:34
No peak yet. STI stuck in 3200 range and china SSE still stuck in 2000 range. Interest rate has not yet reach 5%. The best has yet to come. Dow likely above 20000. S&P above 2000, nasdaq above 5000

Wunderkind
18-06-14, 13:25
IMHO, in such markets, I go for the cyclicals - banks, commodities, techs ... Stock indices like S&P has very high probability of making newer highs.... :cheers1:

It is possible that DOW , NASDAQ and S&P can still reach new highs. Between now and then, there will be periods of volalillity. The belief that the markets still have some runway to go is partly fueled by the idea that " Hey! There is no better returns than stocks. Forget about bank deposits " and partly by the idea that " There is always the Central Bank to bail out the stock market, I mean the economy, right ?"

So, yes, the markets can shoot higher. But of course, the risk is equally high.
So what am I saying ?

Again, I advocate the fundamental policy of not taking unneccessary risks. But this does not mean not taking risks at all. Take calculated risks. If you know the world situation today, you would have put some bets on oil related stocks, utititles and even healthcare stocks ( this sector came to my list of stocks recently ). I have stayed away from Financials for now although I have some of them in my list of stockwatch.

phantom_opera
18-06-14, 17:24
Now underweight Singapore high yield and bond, to add to NDX / QQQ on dip

Singapore high yield might need to correct 10-15% to attract buyers again as US Fed might hike rate faster than expected (Some REITs like Ascendas and CMT, CDLHT are leading losers)

Negative on Singapore property stocks too

One negative about CPF/SRS Account is cannot buy US stocks .. anybody knows any "loophole"??

star
19-06-14, 00:33
Sigma design interesting stock. Bought some.

phantom_opera
19-06-14, 08:28
The dovish Fed sent S&P500 to record high

teddybear
19-06-14, 08:37
S&P should be above 2000 in no time!
That should send another round of eureka to newer high! :cheers1:

The dovish Fed sent S&P500 to record high

cbsh38584
19-06-14, 09:29
Now underweight Singapore high yield and bond, to add to NDX / QQQ on dip

Singapore high yield might need to correct 10-15% to attract buyers again as US Fed might hike rate faster than expected (Some REITs like Ascendas and CMT, CDLHT are leading losers)

Negative on Singapore property stocks too

One negative about CPF/SRS Account is cannot buy US stocks .. anybody knows any "loophole"??

How I wish investing is simple game and a predictable market. But it is not to be. By trading in/out often, we are exposing our human emotional weakness which in long run we will not make any money.

mummy
19-06-14, 09:58
Isn't US stocks quite volatile? Does one need to monitor whole day or can set auto sell if rises or drops at a certain level?

Simi
19-06-14, 17:54
Isn't US stocks quite volatile? Does one need to monitor whole day or can set auto sell if rises or drops at a certain level?

Hi mummy

Posted this to you almost 3 weeks ago
Maybe you have missed this

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=482037&postcount=881

phantom_opera
19-06-14, 18:08
How I wish investing is simple game and a predictable market. But it is not to be. By trading in/out often, we are exposing our human emotional weakness which in long run we will not make any money.

so what is your suggestion? secret dollar cost averaging formula or voluntary contribution to cpf :tsk-tsk:?

DC33_2008
19-06-14, 18:17
Dollar Cost averaging should be for busy investor with no time to monitor the market.:)
so what is your suggestion? secret dollar cost averaging formula or voluntary contribution to cpf :tsk-tsk:?

cbsh38584
19-06-14, 18:57

Just buy S'pore blue chip like Singpost , SPH , UOB , Singtel , OCBC, Keppel corp etc. Just keep it. It will be better to buy on every big correction. Better if he or she has the courage to buy during a big crisis. A discipline income investors in long run will definitely beat inflation.

My friend told me his father (80 yr old) collects almost S$80k plsu dividend every year from his S$1m plus blue chip stock he bought many years ago. Still holding the blue chip stocks.

A person who trade often are likely to go for wealth (Get rich). But only a few % of the traders will be successful. To be a really successfully trader, it also need to "pay school fee" to learn from mistakes & survive. It is a long pain journey. Some may never learn as there is a saying "OLD habits die hard". Mistakes repeated again & again.

As for me, I only buy when there is fear.I just don't care what the FED chairman said. I bought OUE @2.25 during the fear. Now it is 2.50. Don't know the reason for the sudden jump.

phantom_opera
19-06-14, 20:32
When there is a huge correction like Lehman crisis, one should go for property (aka cheapest leverage u can get) ... when property market already up 50% and stagnant, trade some stocks to have fun :D

==========================================

In his book Unconventional Success: A Fundamental Approach to Personal Investment, Swensen recommends the following allocations, for individual investors who want a “well-diversified, equity-oriented portfolio”:

30% Domestic stock funds
20% Real estate investment trusts
15% U.S. Treasury bonds
15% U.S. Treasury inflation-protected securities
15% Foreign developed-market stock funds
5% Emerging-market stock funds

In an interview with Yale magazine, Swensen said, economic conditions might call for a modest revision. He now recommends that investors have 15 percent of their assets in real estate investment trusts, and raise their investment in emerging-market stock funds to 10 percent.

phantom_opera
19-06-14, 20:36
This someone's summary about Swenson investment philosophy:

1. You need equities to protect against inflation and generate maximum returns

2. Diversification is good; index mutual funds provide a lot of diversification compared to holding individual equities, but foreign stocks are even better

3. Corporate bonds are a worthless investment class because they have equity-like risk (the company might fold and stop paying) and government bond-like returns; buy equities and U.S. government bonds

4. Hedge funds are inappropriate for individuals because it takes too much time and expertise to figure out which hedge fund managers are competent

5. Asset allocation is the primary determiner of total return; you need to make a careful decision about how much to put into the various classes of investment; approximately 90 percent of the difference in portfolios is determined by asset allocation, leaving only 10 percent to be determined by security selection (which stocks someone picked) and market timing (attempting to buy and sell at favorable moments)

5. Rebalancing is key; if one asset class does exceptionally well, sell it while it is hot and rebalance your portfolio until that asset class is back down to where you thought it should be; similarly, suppose that domestic equities fall in value--that is the time to buy more and bring their percentage of the portfolio back up to what it was designed to be

6. In choosing an index fund, choose one that matches a well constructed index that won't force the fund to buy and sell a lot; the S&P 500 and Wilshire 5000 are good indices; the Russell 1000 and Russell 2000 are bad because there is so much turnover in which stocks constitute the index

Rebalancing can be difficult for properties as they are less liquid and transaction cost is high so u cannot do it annually

Wunderkind
19-06-14, 20:38
It is possible that DOW , NASDAQ and S&P can still reach new highs. Between now and then, there will be periods of volalillity. The belief that the markets still have some runway to go is partly fueled by the idea that " Hey! There is no better returns than stocks. Forget about bank deposits " and partly by the idea that " There is always the Central Bank to bail out the stock market, I mean the economy, right ?"

So, yes, the markets can shoot higher. But of course, the risk is equally high.
So what am I saying ?

Again, I advocate the fundamental policy of not taking unneccessary risks. But this does not mean not taking risks at all. Take calculated risks. If you know the world situation today, you would have put some bets on oil related stocks, utititles and even healthcare stocks ( this sector came to my list of stocks recently ). I have stayed away from Financials for now although I have some of them in my list of stockwatch.

What goes up can easily come down. Therefore, before you leap, you need to understand the business which is the stock that you are investing in. You need to do some homework on the business. Check the fundamentals and their growth strategy and assess them in the light of developments both current and future.

I have selected a list of US stocks that provide a reasonably good dividend yield while at the same time, they show growth potential especially in light of the current world situation. Some of the stocks like ESV & BP still offer potential opportunity for upside, but others may have, in my opinion, limited upsides as they have run up quite substantially in the last few weeks.

Same advice as always -- don't take unnecessary risks. If you can't sleep at night, you have crossed the line.

teddybear
19-06-14, 22:51
Actually, foreigners buying US stocks just for yield not quite worth the while because of 30% withholding tax that you can't get back! I always go for capital gain any time! :D

What goes up can easily come down. Therefore, before you leap, you need to understand the business which is the stock that you are investing in. You need to do some homework on the business. Check the fundamentals and their growth strategy and assess them in the light of developments both current and future.

I have selected a list of US stocks that provide a reasonably good dividend yield while at the same time, they show growth potential especially in light of the current world situation. Some of the stocks like ESV & BP still offer potential opportunity for upside, but others may have, in my opinion, limited upsides as they have run up quite substantially in the last few weeks.

Same advice as always -- don't take unnecessary risks. If you can't sleep at night, you have crossed the line.

phantom_opera
20-06-14, 00:03
if u read GIC ... it is pretty much same as Yale / Harvard approach of a passive portfolio but allow another active portfolio overlay

The core asset classes in the Policy (passive) Portfolio are:

developed market equities
emerging market equities
nominal bonds and cash
inflation-linked bonds
private equity
real estate

In its annual report for 2012/2013, GIC reported 5, 10 and 20-year annualised nominal returns in USD terms of 2.6%, 8.8% and 6.5% respectively. It also reported a 20-year real rate of return of 4.0%. The rolling 20-year real rate of return is the primary metric for the Government to evaluate GIC’s investment performance

20y real return in USD of 4% :rolleyes:

teddybear
20-06-14, 00:18
Convert to S$ return means negative return since now US$1 = S$1.25 vs US$1 = S$1.70 previously? :beats-me-man:

if u read GIC ... it is pretty much same as Yale / Harvard approach of a passive portfolio but allow another active portfolio overlay

The core asset classes in the Policy (passive) Portfolio are:

developed market equities
emerging market equities
nominal bonds and cash
inflation-linked bonds
private equity
real estate

In its annual report for 2012/2013, GIC reported 5, 10 and 20-year annualised nominal returns in USD terms of 2.6%, 8.8% and 6.5% respectively. It also reported a 20-year real rate of return of 4.0%. The rolling 20-year real rate of return is the primary metric for the Government to evaluate GIC’s investment performance

20y real return in USD of 4% :rolleyes:

phantom_opera
20-06-14, 09:03
Dow gold ratio has plunged below 13 .... big surprise of the year must be gold / oil price perform "empire strikes back" :scared-5:

phantom_opera
20-06-14, 09:04
Convert to S$ return means negative return since now US$1 = S$1.25 vs US$1 = S$1.70 previously? :beats-me-man:

They might do better if just buy and hold S&P 500 ETF since 20y ago

teddybear
20-06-14, 22:29
That is what is advocated by Warren Buffett to his trustee in the event of his death (since they can't invest and perform as well as him).......

Similarly, these people if can't invest and perform well, how can they take higher salary than Warren Buffett? :beats-me-man:

They might do better if just buy and hold S&P 500 ETF since 20y ago

teddybear
20-06-14, 22:32
Tried emailing Charles Schwabb, the listed parent company of OptionsXpress also no reply. They of the same kind? Real bad customer service! :rolleyes:

Ok, I found that 2 alternatives to OptionsXpress that can trade futures and also US equities:
1) ThinkOrSwim - TD Ameritrade
https://www.thinkorswim.com.sg/tos/client/index.jsp

2) Saxo Capital Markets
http://sg.saxomarkets.com/

For people who are frustrated with OptionsXpress, they can look into these 2 brokerages..................

teddybear
20-06-14, 22:35
Wow! Didn't expect S&P500 so fast 1961 liao!
More to come?! :cool:

phantom_opera
20-06-14, 23:49
more about DCA (with a bit of spices)

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=650678

Wunderkind
21-06-14, 07:16
Someone wrote this :

Investors should keep in mind that it is costly to stay on the sidelines, waiting for a correction. First of all, they miss the dividend so they need a greater correction just to breakeven. They also miss the aggressive share repurchases, which result in significantly higher stock prices. Moreover, as the average historical market return is about 8%, they run the risk of missing significant capital appreciation while they wait on the sidelines. As the average duration of bull markets (31 months) is much longer than that of bear markets (10 months), the odds do not favor remaining on the sidelines.

Unquote

The tendency of the human heart is to go into the markets unaware especially when the bulls are charging full steam , but from my experience, calculated risk taking, understanding the business fundamentals and the interplay of current and future macro developments and patience when invested or un-invested are still valuable traits needed in stock investment.

There is no way we can time the market. We need to do the homework on the business. If there is intrinsic value in the business and a margin of safety is present at the price you are planning to buy, coupled with the potential impetus provided by the current and future macro development, this is the business you can safely invest in.

But do not take unnecessary risk.

Money is hard to earn but very easy to lose if you are careless.

teddybear
21-06-14, 08:32
In stocks investment, there is no 1 strategy but many..............
Some people like to trade and make money (but need more time in front of the "square")...............
Some people buy and hold almost forever...................
As long as make money, any strategy is ok....................... :D

Someone wrote this :

Investors should keep in mind that it is costly to stay on the sidelines, waiting for a correction. First of all, they miss the dividend so they need a greater correction just to breakeven. They also miss the aggressive share repurchases, which result in significantly higher stock prices. Moreover, as the average historical market return is about 8%, they run the risk of missing significant capital appreciation while they wait on the sidelines. As the average duration of bull markets (31 months) is much longer than that of bear markets (10 months), the odds do not favor remaining on the sidelines.

Unquote

The tendency of the human heart is to go into the markets unaware especially when the bulls are charging full steam , but from my experience, calculated risk taking, understanding the business fundamentals and the interplay of current and future macro developments and patience when invested or un-invested are still valuable traits needed in stock investment.

There is no way we can time the market. We need to do the homework on the business. If there is intrinsic value in the business and a margin of safety is present at the price you are planning to buy, coupled with the potential impetus provided by the current and future macro development, this is the business you can safely invest in.

Wunderkind
21-06-14, 21:45
Buying Strategies For A Rising Market

Chasing stocks higher during a market rally is an easy trap to fall into if you don't establish a long-term buying strategy. There's certainly no harm in taking a few nibbles during a rally since none of us have a crystal ball (and stocks could always go higher). That said, patiently waiting for a low-risk entry point for a given stock will drastically improve your long-term investment results.

Unquote

The strategy that I use follows the recommendations of the writer of the article

1. Establish a " buy zone " for the stock. As mentioned, you need to determine the intrinsic value of the stock, the forecast growth/future cash flow and determine your buy zone for the stock with a margin of safety

2. Keep a Stock Watch-list at hand. This, I did as I mentioned in my previous post. Since the time I posted the stock watch-list, I have bought into some of the stocks. All the stocks have moved up quite a bit since , so I would advise caution if you are thinking of buying them now.

3. Buy in stages. This , I did. I have set a target of maximum shares that I would like to buy for the stock, and I bought them in stages. I would like to buy all at one shot, but we never know how the market will turn out, but so far, all the stocks have done well.

Do I worry if the market should turn south ? Not really, because there is a margin of safety that I am prepared to accept for loss and the stocks have provided dividends for me when I bought them at the right time.

Werther
22-06-14, 12:25
Hi bros

Singtel dropped abit on Friday... Since I can't buy property now. I am thinking of ploughing a huge part of my savings on this stock.

What do yo think? Or should I wait for slight correction but it may never come...:doh:

phantom_opera
22-06-14, 12:32
There is only one strategy in a bull market, BTFD

Whether u want to do all in one shot, DCA, DCA+-, active trading, active mixed with passive (HPT), aplha beta gamma is up to u

phantom_opera
22-06-14, 12:36
and u know what, be fearful of holding cash as u are fighting The FED, ECB, BOJ, BOE etc etc etc

phantom_opera
22-06-14, 12:49
sg hsehold has 37% cash on avg

historical return on cash is -1.36%

last 5y likely to b -3%

Werther
22-06-14, 13:18
Thanks Bro Phantom

But cannot like that say, i bought into a very good company 2 weeks ago and I lost $28k...I am not speculating some :Dmore, i do lots of homework and study the company, .so sometime holding cash may not be a bad thing after all. I do not like to mislead people.

3C
22-06-14, 14:19
Dumped all cash in blue chips. Use dividends to pay instalments. As simple as that. As long as you dont sell where got lost?

Werther
22-06-14, 15:32
Dumped all cash in blue chips. Use dividends to pay instalments. As simple as that. As long as you dont sell where got lost?

So when need to sell to raise cash, how?

My close relative does not believe in properties cos he feels that he can make more money in stock ....now he is down by at least 50% of his worth....

Not everyone is Warren ya.

I am a stock goondo. I am just stating my experience.

teddybear
22-06-14, 15:57
How can he be down 50% in stocks when global stock indices are mostly up? He speculating rather than "investing"? :eek:

My close relative does not believe in properties cos he feels that he can make more money in stock ....now he is down by at least 50% of his worth....

Werther
22-06-14, 16:33
How can he be down 50% in stocks when global stock indices are mostly up? He speculating rather than "investing"? :eek:

He very jialat. Greed.

3C
22-06-14, 17:33

you have the answers already. This strategy is for goondo investor who dont know how to play stocks like me and want to sleep well every night. Will not win big or lose big but steady poon pi pi type of investment. Want to be like warren buffet than you must spend 2 plus million to have kopi with him first.

Allthepies
22-06-14, 17:42
you have the answers already. This strategy is for goondo investor who dont know how to play stocks like me and want to sleep well every night. Will not win big or lose big but steady poon pi pi type of investment. Want to be like warren buffet than you must spend 2 plus million to have kopi with him first.

No need to spend 2mil to drink kopi with warren buffett.

U need to love stock investment and spend most of your time researching and reading and learning... then u can make greater than 10% compounded per year...

many do not love stock investment so most cannot make big amount consistently year after year...

3C
22-06-14, 20:21
No need to spend 2mil to drink kopi with warren buffett.

U need to love stock investment and spend most of your time researching and reading and learning... then u can make greater than 10% compounded per year...

many do not love stock investment so most cannot make big amount consistently year after year...

Maybe you are right. Always think that short term to me is gambling and not investment. Hence I now tend to go for long term good dividend stocks

phantom_opera
23-06-14, 13:16
Diversified passive with DCA (e.g Vanguard index ETF) should be the strategy in the depth of bear market, for a bit more fun u can do a certain % of active strategy in bull market (aka stock or sector pick :-)

teddybear
01-07-14, 23:12
Wow! S&P500 1972 liao! :cheers5:

Wow! Didn't expect S&P500 so fast 1961 liao!
More to come?! :cool:

Wunderkind
01-07-14, 23:42
Someone wrote this :

Unquote

The stock market is likely to push through the current peaks due to excess liquidity in a environment of low interest rates. Corporate earnings looks promising in the second half of the year due to improving economic performance in US and China.

So, where do I put my money in ?
The stocks in my watch list has evolved since I last published. It now includes stocks in the healthcare as well as chemicals. Oil related stocks and utilities are still in my watchlist for their good dividends and potential price appreciation due to the instability in Iraq.

The stocks under watch are : BP, RIG, ESV, EW, CFN, OMI, PPL, CE, INTC , BAC and C.

phantom_opera
02-07-14, 06:39
doubled up by NDX position last week :D

Komo
02-07-14, 13:12
any advice on Ocbc?

Simi
02-07-14, 13:45

Hi Teddy Sir

You the man

I was wrong in the overall market reading anticipating a correction to come
since early this year

Simi
02-07-14, 14:20
any advice on Ocbc?

Singapore Banks Sector, cimb
=Slipping deposit pool
=Two points to highlight in May’s bank stats are: 1) a shrinking deposit pool, with May 14 total deposits lower yoy – a phenomenon not seen since SARS (1Q03); 2) good loan growth to businesses and FIs making up for slack mortgages (+2.5% YTD) and consumer loans. With deposit competition a key concern, our top pick is DBS, as its larger CASA base provides shelter.
=What Happened
=Healthy loan growth. MAS banking data for May showed healthy YTD DBU loan growth of 4.1% (Apr: 2.9%), broadly in line with the banks’ guidance of high single-digit to low-teens loan growth for the full year. The 1.1% mom loan growth was led by business loans (+1.6% mom, +6.3% YTD), building and construction loans (+1.1% mom, +3.1% YTD) and mortgages (+0.7% mom, +2.5% YTD). Meanwhile, consumer loans shrank 0.2% mom and 0.2% YTD as demand for car loans and share financing continue to fall.
=Deposits shrank, LDRs crept up. A worrying trend that appeared in May is that DBU deposits shrank (-0.8% mom, -0.2% YTD), led by an outflow of fixed deposits. We have to go back to as far as Mar 03 (SARS) to find a yoy decline in system deposits. As loan growth continues to outpace deposit growth, DBU LDR is up (May:111%, Apr:109%), so is S$ LDR (May:84%, Apr: 83%).
=What We Think
=A shrinking deposit pool is worrying as banks will have to compete aggressively for a shrinking pie, hiking up funding costs for all. The concern is accentuated with the new LCR requirements, especially for the foreign banks who need to offer attractive rates to compete. If higher rates merely poached time deposits from the local banks, it would not be a worry. However, recent CASA packages suggest that the local banks are equally wary of CASA slippage.
=What You Should Do
=We maintain our Overweight call on the sector as the banks seem to be able to pass out higher funding costs to loans. DBS is our top pick, as its large CASA base (DBS: S$121m, OCBC: S$44m, UOB: S$48m) will allow it to remain relatively sheltered from impending deposit competition.

Simi
02-07-14, 14:21
any advice on Ocbc?

Singapore Banks Sector, clsa
=Dearth of deposits
=The DBU LDR leapt to 111.4% from 109.3% as loans expanded 1.5% MoM. May is a seasonally strong month for corporate loan growth. Sustained fixed deposit outflows have resulted in DBU deposits shrinking YoY for the first time since Mar 2003. Corporate loan growth for the month was broad based while consumer loan growth remains anaemic. Both S$ and FCY LDRs ticked up. The system LDR is at a fresh post-AFC high of 113.5%. Asset quality remains intact. We are OW. Top pick is UOB (BUY; S$25.40TP).
=DBU loans are +4.1% YTD; helped by seasonally strong corporate demand
=DBU loans (our proxy for domestic lending) grew by 1% MoM in May. DBU lending is on track for high-single digit YoY growth in 2014. 83% of the loan growth in May was driven by corporate loans. This is the eighteenth consecutive month that corporate lending has outpaced consumer (corporate 1.5% MoM vs 0.5% MoM for consumer). Corporate loans account for 61% of total DBU loans outstanding.
=May is traditionally a seasonally strong month for corporate loans, with MoM growth spiking in the each of the past four years. Growth in May was broad based, with manufacturing, construction, trade finance, financial institutions and infrastructure conspicuous contributors.
=Consumer lending remains on track for ~4% annualised growth in 2014. This will be the slowest pace of growth since 2006-1H07. Auto loans contracted for the 21st consecutive month (car loan balances are lower than a decade ago) while share financing and other personal lending were weak. Offsetting some of this pressure was relatively robust credit card lending (1% MoM) and a rebound in mortgage lending (0.7% MoM vs five month average of 0.3% MoM).
=ACU loan growth was subdued, at 0.6% MoM. General commerce loans grew 2.1% MoM but this was largely offset by contractions in business, transport, construction and mfg.
=DBU deposit growth is 0% YTD; first month of YoY contraction since Mar 2003
=DBU deposits contracted by 0.8% MoM and 0.7% YoY (first YoY contraction since Mar 03). DBU deposit balances in May are now broadly similar to Dec. 2013. Although deposits from non-Singapore residents and ‘other’ Singapore residents have grown on a YTD basis; this has been offset by a 17% YTD decline in FI (financial institution) deposits and stable government deposits.
=DBU CASA balances was broadly flat in May (vs -2.1%MoM in Apr), as outflows from the govt and FIs were offset by inflows from non-SG residents. Fixed deposits shrank 2.1% MoM vs shrinking 0.7% in April, driven by outflows from FIs.
=Increased loan balances and deposit outflows pushed DBU LDR to 111.4%. S$ LDR ticked up from 82.8% to 84.0%, while FCY LDR increased to 146.4% from 145.5%. System LDR is at a post-AFC high of 113.5% vs 112.3% in Apr.
=No change to view
=The Singapore banks posted robust deposit growth in 1Q14 despite the lack of deposit growth for the overall system. We expect single digit domestic loan and deposit growth in 2014 and thus far, we remain comfortable with our view.
=We are OW Sing banks. Our preferred pick is UOB (BUY; S$25.40TP) then DBS (O-PF; S$18.80TP). Least preferred is OCBC (U-PF; $10.05TP).

Simi
02-07-14, 14:22
any advice on Ocbc?

Singapore Banks Sector, cs
=May loans strong (0.9% MoM), M2 growth hits ten-year low, system LDR now at 111%!
=Overall strength in Singapore system (DBU+ACU) remained resilient with a 0.9% MoM / 5.8% YTD growth in May mainly driven by business loans. System M2 money supply growth (-0.2% YoY) hit more than a decade low plunging into negative territory.
=Business loan growth momentum (1.0% MoM / 6.4% YTD) was driven by a rebound in trade finance (2.5% MoM), helped by construction (0.8% MoM) and financial institutions (1.2% MoM). Mortgage growth remained steady (0.7% MoM).
=System (DBU+ACU) deposit growth (4.4% YoY, -0.3% MoM) saw the second consecutive month of shrinkage. Singapore banking system (DBU+ACU) loan-deposit ratio hit a new high of 111% (an increase of 11% over the past 12 months).
=As we have been highlighting, we are no longer confident that Singapore NIMs have seen their worst. Worsening system liquidity levels (complicated by new Basel 3 liquidity requirements coming into effect starting 2015) don’t appear to be offset by better loan pricing. DBS (our top pick) remains relatively better placed on liquidity and offers attractive valuations (1.0-1.1x P/B).

Singapore Banks Sector, macq
=Increasing loan to deposit ratios
=Event
=The MAS released loan and deposit growth data for Singapore for May 2014. Total system loan growth in Singapore slowed to 15.9% YoY (0.9% MoM) in May 2014 vs 19.7% YoY for the full year of 2013. Combined with system deposit growth of only 3.6% YoY (-1.1% MoM), the loan-to-deposit ratio increased to a new record high of 112% from 105% in December 2013.
=The three key points are that (i) system deposits contracted by -1.1% MoM which may intensify deposit competition (ii) mortgage loan growth is holding up well due to a slower pace in re-payments and (iii) trade finance loan growth picked up but growth rates may come down again as a result of the ongoing Metal Financing issues in China.
=Impact
=System deposits declined by -1.1% (-S$4.3bn) MoM (see Fig 1). Most of this is due to a decline in deposits from Financial Institutions (FI) which looks like a trend (see chart on the top). In particular insurance companies are a reason for the deposit outflow we believe (see Fig 2). Deposits from retail and corporates remained flattish MoM. The risk points to increasing deposit funding cost pressure for Singapore banks. DBS looks best positioned given that 55% (or S$ 161bn) of the group’s deposit is low-cost CASA deposits.
=System mortgages grew by 7.6% YoY (0.7% MoM) in May. Repayment of mortgage loans has likely slowed down which is supportive for mortgage loan balances (see chart on the left) and is offsetting the weakness in new mortgage loan applications (20-40% YoY decline). Moving ahead, the slow repayment will keep mortgage loan growth in Singapore for the three Singapore banks in the mid- to high single digit levels, in our view.
=General Commerce (GC) loans – a proxy for Trade finance loans – picked up again. After no growth in April (MoM), GC loans increased by 2.5% MoM in May (see Fig 3). That said May data is before the Metal Financing scandal in China which could impact June and July data in our view. For more details on this theme please see our report Singapore and Multinational Banks - Metal Financing – When secured lending turns into unsecured published on 20 Jun 2014.
=Outlook
=We are Overweight Singapore banks on a regional sector basis.
=While net interest margins have likely seen the bottom, increasing funding costs are likely to put a cap on any meaningful upside despite better spreads on the asset side in our view. System loan growth (which includes offshore loans booked in Singapore) continues to look healthy.
=UOB is our top pick and we see good potential for UOB to maintain the highest underlying profitability profile among the Singapore banks. We rate DBS Outperform which is most geared to rising rates and we think DBS is in a good strategic position to take market share, particularly in Transaction Banking and SME banking from the multinational banks. We have an Underperform recommendation on OCBC which is almost exclusively based on the pending WHB acquisition and substantial capital uncertainties as a result of it.

bargain hunter
02-07-14, 16:09
there was some sort of correction after u sold at the end of 2013. jan to early feb was that. after that, no horse run already.

Hi Teddy Sir

You the man

since early this year

radha08
02-07-14, 16:47
nam cheong:cheers1:

medtecs pump n dump:)

star
02-07-14, 23:18
Every dip is a buy as i said earlier in the post. I forsee firework bull run during nov and dec.

teddybear
03-07-14, 13:07
Simi Sir,

We will always be wrong at one time or another.............. ;)
Correction probably coming soon..............
But will be short before another push to another new high.......................... :cool:

Hi Teddy Sir

You the man

since early this year

Simi
03-07-14, 17:28
there was some sort of correction after u sold at the end of 2013. jan to early feb was that. after that, no horse run already.

Humbled by the market :)
thought was being on the right track during that time :(

Nam Cheong, clsa maintains BUY with TP S$0.49 (from S$0.46)
=Building up momentum
=We are upgrading our FY15 earnings estimate by 3% following the order wins announced over the past week and consequently raise our PER derived target to S$0.49. OSV market remains firm with favourable supply-demand dynamics specifically for maintenance assets as well as AHTS. We thus remain confident that Nam Cheong will be able to secure a sale for all assets in its built to stock inventory. At 6.4x FY15 EPS, stock is still cheap vs peers and thus we expect re-rating to continue. BUY stays.
=New contract wins
=Nam Cheong announced two large contract wins over the last week which included US$92m vessel sales from its BTS program and another US$84m BTO contract.
=US$92m vessel sales announced yesterday includes 3 PSV’s and 1 accommodation work barge (AWB). All vessels are part of the group’s built to stock program. PSV’s were sold to a repeat Asia based customer while the AWB was sold to a new customer - Maridive Group (Egypt). 2 of the 4 vessels will be delivered in 2014 while the rest will be delivered in 2015.
=This follows the announcement last week wherein the group secured a built to order contract for 2 (AWBs) from Perdana Petroleum worth US$84m, with the option to purchase another 2 vessels.
=Strong order momentum
=YTD order wins are now at US$288m (~RM935m), while the gross orderbook now sits at RM1.7bn which is equivalent to 10 months of FY14 revenues. The group thus remains on track to meet our full year order win estimate of RM1.5bn.
=Given strong momentum and relatively healthy demand supply situation in the AHTS market we are confident that the group will be able to secure a sale of its remaining 2014 deliveries over next 4-6 months. Note, the group has already sold 70% of the vessels scheduled for 2014 delivery.
=Company recently hired Pradeep Datar (ex VP of Rolls Royce’s Asia Offshore business) as head of business development. We see this as a positive as he brings in a strong network/client relationships to the business.
=Upgrade earnings
=Factoring in the new built to order contracts announced last week we upgrade our FY14/15/16 estimates by 0.8%/3.3%/2.4% respectively.
=Our estimates are factoring in another US$50m/US$100 BTO contracts for FY14/FY15 respectively in addition to the BTS shipbuilding program.
=Stay invested
=In-spite the strong run the stock remains under valued at 6.4x FY15 EPS and 7.8x FY15 EV/EBITDA (with upward risk to earnings estimate) as compared to the peer average of 12x PER and 8x EV/EBITDA.
=Contract wins and earnings upgrades will be key catalysts for the stock.
=Maintain Buy with S$0.49 (25% upside). Our target price is pegged to the Singapore peer average multiple of 8.5x. Note, Malaysian and Indonesian peers exposed to similar cabotage protection as NCL trade at a significant premium.

Q&M Dental Group, kimeng maintains BUY with TP S$0.55 unch
=1-for-5 rights issue announced
=The rights issue price of SGD0.10/rights share is very attractive, in our view. Maintain BUY.
=Beyond the six announced acquisitions, there could be more acquisitions coming that will offset the near-term dilution.
=Remain positive on Q&M’s vision to grow via (1) earnings-accretive acquisitions in the China dental market and (2) organic expansion in Singapore and Malaysia.
=What’s New
=Q&M has announced a 1-for-5 rights issue to raise SGD14.1m via the issuance of up to 140.5m new shares at SGD0.10/rights share. Major shareholders including Quan Min Holdings and the CEO Dr Ng, holding a combined 65.2% stake, have agreed to take up their rights entitlements. Dr Ng will also subscribe for any excess rights shares (up to 61.5m or 43-50% of the total rights shares).
=What’s Our View
=The rights issue price is very attractive given the stock’s outperformance since we initiated in late 2013 and the expected positive contributions from Q&M’s China acquisitions. The major shareholders’ decision to fully subscribe for their allotments is also a strong endorsement of the stock. We expect the funds raised to be used to complete the acquisitions of Aoxin and Aidite.
=There will some near-term earnings dilution but this will be compensated by maiden contributions from its six proposed acquisitions. Based on the last closing price of SGD0.455, the theoretical ex-rights price will be SGD0.40. Our TP will be diluted from SGD0.55 to SGD0.455 post rights issue but we are sanguine on this as it is based on FY14E forecasts which do not fully factor in acquisition-related contributions and it still represents more than 10% potential share price upside.
=We would remain buyers of Q&M as the full year impact from the acquisitions will be felt only in FY15E. Lastly, beyond the six announced acquisitions (five in China, one in Singapore), there could be more EPS-accretive acquisitions in the future.

Simi
03-07-14, 17:31
SIIC Environment, kimeng maintains BUY with TP S$0.22 unch
=A strategic move; reiterate BUY
=To acquire a 25.3% stake in Longjiang Environmental Protection Group for CNY405m cash. The asset is priced at a reasonable and normalised 23-27x FY13 P/E.
=The acquisition is a strategic move for SIIC to penetrate into the northeast China market.
=Reiterate BUY call with unchanged TP of SGD0.22.
=To acquire a 25.3% stake in Longjiang Environmental
=SIIC will pay CNY405m cash, pricing the asset at 23-27x normalised FY13 P/E. The transaction will be funded by internal sources, comprising proceeds from share placement in 2013 and loans from its parent Shanghai Industrial Holdings. We are positive on the deal given its reasonable valuation and at the same time allowing SIIC to penetrate into the northeast China market.
=Positive on the deal
=Longjiang engages in wastewater treatment, sludge treatment and tap water supply in the northern region of China, with total water treatment and supply design capacity of 2.2m ton/day and sludge treatment capacity of 1,000 ton/day. We note that SIIC’s parent Shanghai Industrial Holdings also has an effective interest of 16.8% in Longjiang. We will not be surprised if SIIC absorbs it parent’s stake in Longjiang in the future and uses it as a platform for expansion into northeast China.
=This acquisition is in line with our full-year acquisition forecast of 1m ton/day of effective capacity. We continue to like SIIC for its strong government connections and lowly-geared balance sheet, which serve as powerful acquisition tool. We leave our earnings forecasts unchanged and reiterate our BUY call on the stock. Our TP is maintained at SGD0.22, pegged to 30x FY15E P/E.

[sector]

Singapore Property Sector, gs
=Home prices decline further in 2Q; too early to expect policy easing
=Private home prices -1.1% qoq and HDB -1.3% qoq in 2Q14
=URA private residential flash estimates show home prices declined 1.1% qoq in 2Q14, as widely expected, with price declines across all market segments. This marked the third consecutive quarter of sequential price declines (1Q14: -1.3% qoq), underpinning a housing downcycle. Public Housing (HDB) resale prices also continued to trend downwards for a fourth consecutive quarter, -1.3% qoq in 2Q14 (1Q14: -1.6% qoq) adding incremental pressure on private Mass-end home prices.
=Other 2Q14 highlights: (1) Rents continued to weaken, reflecting rising stock/completions; Jones Lang LaSalle estimates Luxury/Prime/Mass rents -2.8%/-2.0%/-2.5% qoq in 2Q14 vs. -2.2%/-2.4%/-2.4% qoq in 1Q14. (2) Government trimmed land supply in the 2H14 GLS rollout, the combined lists contribute an estimated 10,220 housing units, 12% less than 11,585 units in 1H14.
=Despite more instances of developers introducing price cuts of c.5%-16% to move inventory, and repeated calls from developers for government to review property cooling measures, we think it is still too early to anticipate any easing of policy measures given that home prices are only 3% off the peak in 3Q13 after rising 89% from 1Q05-3Q13. We see the tapering of land supply as reflective of the government being mindful that supply is building up. Nevertheless, we expect a gradual 10%-15% correction in prices over the next 2 years as a structural demand-supply shift pushes vacancy to 8.4% by 2015E from 6.2% in 2013. We prefer commercial over residential exposure; reiterate Buy on CapitaLand and UOL; Sell on City Development.
=Points to note
=(1) Overall private residential price index declined 1.1% qoq to 209.3pts, still 18%/15% above 2Q08/2Q96 peaks. Landed home prices declined a further 1.5% qoq in 2Q14 (1Q14: -0.7% qoq).
=(2) Across the non-landed segments, Mass/Mid/Prime prices -1.1%/-0.6%/- 1.5% qoq and are 44%/13%/2% above the previous cycle peak in 2008.
=(3) HDB resale prices declined 1.3% qoq to 196.0pts, now 5% below its peak in 2Q13, having risen 104% from 3Q05-2Q13, outperforming private home prices by 19% over the same period.

Simi
03-07-14, 17:35
US Market

this bull market is now the 5th longest ever at just over 1,000 days, so a bearish turn around could come soon. At the same time, the longest bull market ever was in the 90's and lasted about 2,500 days. :):)

Wunderkind
03-07-14, 17:57
US Market

this bull market is now the 5th longest ever at just over 1,000 days, so a bearish turn around could come soon. At the same time, the longest bull market ever was in the 90's and lasted about 2,500 days. :):)

The macro-environment seems to indicate a bullish trend for stock-markets in US and Europe especially so when both economies are coming out of a recession.

There is no majority consensus as to when the bearish turn will happen. In all probability, it can happen anytime when there is a signal that rising inflation will trigger the FED to hike interest rates. That is the key indicator to watch out for.

teddybear
03-07-14, 19:32
Actually, from history, it seems that the shortly after Fed hike interest rates, stock market is even more bullish than ever!

Reason : Fed is telling everyone that they confirmed US economy finally is on strong recovery path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

The macro-environment seems to indicate a bullish trend for stock-markets in US and Europe especially so when both economies are coming out of a recession.

There is no majority consensus as to when the bearish turn will happen. In all probability, it can happen anytime when there is a signal that rising inflation will trigger the FED to hike interest rates. That is the key indicator to watch out for.

Simi
03-07-14, 20:00
Hi Wunderkid

I also like BAC

good entry USD15.50 ~ USD15.60

very likely to test last high of USD18 and surpass it

Better returns than CPF 2.5% annual :)

Wunderkind
03-07-14, 20:52
Hi Wunderkid

I also like BAC

good entry USD15.50 ~ USD15.60

very likely to test last high of USD18 and surpass it

Better returns than CPF 2.5% annual :)

BAC is a good stock to invest if not for the recent legal tussle with the US Justice. They have to pay a big sum of money for the settlement of the legal matter.

Nonetheless, it is in my watch-list. My analysis , if all things are moving in a bullish trend, shows that the stock price can go as high as $17.72. But you know, it is always wise to take the money off the table before the stock crashes down after hitting its peak.

Take care of your money.... it is your money, don't give it away.

Simi
03-07-14, 21:29
BAC is a good stock to invest if not for the recent legal tussle with the US Justice. They have to pay a big sum of money for the settlement of the legal matter.

Nonetheless, it is in my watch-list. My analysis , if all things are moving in a bullish trend, shows that the stock price can go as high as $17.72. But you know, it is always wise to take the money off the table before the stock crashes down after hitting its peak.

Take care of your money.... it is your money, don't give it away.

with the market hitting new high almost every other day
most I hold a counter from days to not more than a month
depending on support and resistance too

can also watch HLF
ranged between EMA34 and MA200

good spread for trading

phantom_opera
03-07-14, 21:57
US inflation 2%, short term rate could go up to 2% in next 3y
Singapore inflation 3%, short term rate follows US to 2%, OMG still negative one percent for a long long time to come :beats-me-man:

Cash is junk, CPF OA @ 2.5% is junk (-0.5% real), SGS 10y 0% real, CPF SA 1% real

Sigh

Simi
03-07-14, 22:02
Dow Chemical Co

with 4 consecutive higher lows
should be up and away to test recent high of USD53.35

btw : HLF ...Golden Cross spotted

star
03-07-14, 22:05
Never bet against indepenent day 4 july. Tonight cheong up.

Wunderkind
03-07-14, 22:38
M & A may be heating up in the US healthcare sector.

The whole industry reminds me of the computer industry in the 80s. Commodore, DEC, Compaq and IBM PC had all disappeared as they were acquired by bigger and stronger players. There can only be top 2- 3 players in each of the major healthcare segments.

teddybear
03-07-14, 23:24
Wow! S&P500 1982 liao! :cheers5:

Simi
03-07-14, 23:59
Wow! S&P500 1982 liao! :cheers5:

Looking like going for 1987 :cheers1:

star
04-07-14, 00:11
Tech stocks like sigma design and DDD is still low. Sigma design will be above $5 soon.

phantom_opera
04-07-14, 06:55
total return XNDX @ 4,267

target 5,700

teddybear
04-07-14, 07:46
S&P500 closed 1985 wow! :cheers4:

Looking like going for 1987 :cheers1:

Wunderkind
05-07-14, 23:34
The US economy seems to have recovered basing on the latest US job number and the unemployment rate, but is it enough for the Fed to start ending the QE and raise interest rates anytime soon ? Will this spike fear and bring out the bears to the market?

In all probability, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the US market will continue its bull run to the end of the year. Part of the reason is that central banks around the world including sovereign funds and also the ordinary Americans themselves are starting to see that equities as an investment instrument offer a much better returns now that keeping the money in the bank or in bonds.

teddybear
27-07-14, 00:10
S&P500 back down to 1978 after hitting new high of 1991 recently!
More to come! :D

teddybear
27-07-14, 00:45
Hope to get profit of US$2200 or more per day consistently from Futures trading... :D

S&P500 back down to 1978 after hitting new high of 1991 recently!
More to come! :D

phantom_opera
28-07-14, 07:51
Sold CRCT and buy HSI
Sold half HPH Trust, going to sell off
Hold FCOT, QQQ
Bought Eurostoxx 50

richwang
28-07-14, 10:13
Buy China stocks! Risks aside, P/E is single digit - much better than US stocks.
Good luck!

richwang
28-07-14, 10:17
Hope to get profit of US$2200 or more per day consistently from Futures trading... :D

Assuming a 1% movement of the market, so you are taking a position of US$2.2M?

If you are not leveraged, that's fine.

For retail investors, leverage will one day kill ALL your earnings.

Happy trading!
Cheers!

teddybear
28-07-14, 18:13
No lah, not US$2.2M position lah, only US$220,000 position, a small sum only to play play...........

This is what we call medium-risk high-gain, where to find such good deal that earns more than $1m a year sitting in front of the computer and you have the freedom to do whenever and wherever you want.......... :cheers1:

Obviously we cannot be making profits every day, but average out over a year is still a very big profit indeed........

Happy trading!
Cheers!

teddybear
29-07-14, 22:45
Another day of good returns on futures trading - Netted EUR2425 + US$3625 (about S$8542) in 1 day!
Just for people who are interested in trading...............

Happy trading!
Cheers!

teddybear
30-07-14, 21:40
S&P500 up again to 1978..........
This bull market has a lot more to run till at least end of 2017 (but will be bumpy along the way).............. :eek:

teddybear
02-08-14, 10:36
Correction now, but longer term positive still in sight, buy and hold on dips, trade on swings........... :cool:

This bull market has a lot more to run till at least end of 2017 (but will be bumpy along the way).............. :eek:

phantom_opera
04-08-14, 16:42
Sold all FCOT, HPH Trust and CRCT ...

Bought ARA Asset Mgmt, 2800.HK, 3085.HK, cut 30% in QQQ, X2 position in A2 rated corp bond

Both CMA (delisted) and CRCT are my best trades of the year :-)

Werther
06-08-14, 12:39
Cash will be eventually the King. But we don't know when. Hope I have the courage to take profit & keep more cash or cut loss before the really big crisis comes. So far I managed to keep leveraging at manageable level.

The whole world is in manipulation.
Manipulating everything from currency to commodity to stock to Government fake data , fraud accounting etc.

rdgs,
Vic

Hi cbsh

Long time no hear from you here.

Now, is it the time to hold cash? What yr views...

teddybear
05-01-15, 21:50
30 July 2014: S&P500 was 1978.
5 Jan 2015: S&P500 is now 2040, +3.13%

Wunderkind
17-01-15, 08:30
What happening to Swiss Franc ?
NEW YORK (AP) -- One of the world's safest investments — the Swiss franc — has swung wildly this week after the central bank in Switzerland announced it would scrap its policy of limiting the rise of the currency.

It may seem like an arcane move, but it's not. The Swiss National Bank's surprise decision on Thursday caused the franc to surge against the euro and dollar, sending shockwaves through the global financial system.

Holders of Swiss francs profited handsomely, but many investors and brokerage firms, were pounded with losses. Two brokerage firms in London and New Zealand have announced huge losses and will have to close. A New York-based currency broker said clients suffered significant losses, and it needed an emergency loan to stay in business.

Time to switch your $Singdollar to US dollar and gold ?

Laguna
26-01-15, 13:07
watch up India market

teddybear
26-01-15, 20:29
26 Jan 2015:
S&P500 now 2052.
US$:S$ now 1.3438.

More to come?????????????

30 July 2014: S&P500 was 1978.
5 Jan 2015: S&P500 is now 2040, +3.13%