PDA

View Full Version : A $5000 job anyone?

minority
19-05-14, 21:37
Take a look at this. Anyone want a $5000 job? why no takers? can't be right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQnzRy53pBc

hopeful
20-05-14, 12:36
people not stupid la.
that job is worth $10,000 per month then they will interested.

they quite polite, so they give all sorts of excuses, like job related to their training etc.

kns, that job is $10k and the jobhunter offer only $5k, of course they phui the offer.

minority
20-05-14, 13:42
Well the exercise do shows it not all about money. People prefer to just take a job thats paying $3K but not want to take up a $5000 or even $6000 because of social status.

agentg
20-05-14, 13:45
Well the exercise do shows it not all about money. People prefer to just take a job thats paying $3K but not want to take up a $5000 or even $6000 because of social status.

they target the wrong group. you ask those with little or no education singaporean, now without a job, u will get a different response... wanna conduct survey, also must do it properly mah....

minority
20-05-14, 16:21
they target the wrong group. you ask those with little or no education singaporean, now without a job, u will get a different response... wanna conduct survey, also must do it properly mah....

To be fair the target is to see if $ trumps it all. Coz call for high pay don't mean there will be takers. Fact is the generation of singaporean get more n more educated. Who will do these jobs? Pay more mean there will people do? or essentially we need to automate or import people to fill those roles.

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/Publications/publications_and_papers/education_and_literacy/ssnmar13-pg1-7.pdf

Yes you can say there are people who are least educated that will take up the job. but that pool will just get smaller over time.Then who will do those jobs eventually? And Can the needs of that group be address with more skills upgrade?

agentg
20-05-14, 19:38
To be fair the target is to see if $ trumps it all. Coz call for high pay don't mean there will be takers. Fact is the generation of singaporean get more n more educated. Who will do these jobs? Pay more mean there will people do? or essentially we need to automate or import people to fill those roles.

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/Publications/publications_and_papers/education_and_literacy/ssnmar13-pg1-7.pdf

Yes you can say there are people who are least educated that will take up the job. but that pool will just get smaller over time.Then who will do those jobs eventually? And Can the needs of that group be address with more skills upgrade?

by all means import pples to fill those roles, once the time is up, this grp of foreigners will be send back to their country. those who are making noises are feeling the impact of foreigners fighting the same kind of jobs they are after.

u seem like a spokesman for the govt, they called it PAP IB. hahahaha...

minority
20-05-14, 20:24
by all means import pples to fill those roles, once the time is up, this grp of foreigners will be send back to their country. those who are making noises are feeling the impact of foreigners fighting the same kind of jobs they are after.

u seem like a spokesman for the govt, they called it PAP IB. hahahaha...

IB? LOL! Well I dont have to be critical for the sake of being critical if like that I get branded. what can I say. u are entitled your opinion. But I disagree with the branding.

Well what I mention is the complain that the person selling chai peng is not singaporean, the hawker is has been replace by non singaporean, the coffee table wiper n server are not singaporean. Lots of complain that many singaporean want those jobs. just that pay no good. FW suppess the pay. I am just curious how many is a lot. there are a segment but I am sure given a better prospect they also want to do something else.. but is that what every singaporean want to do? or even parents aspire their kids to do? I am mearly drawing parallel to those noises.