PDA

View Full Version : Plot Ratio and Height restriction

Wolverine23
15-05-14, 22:51
My understanding is that a plot ratio of 3.0 means that it is possible to build more than 36 storeys building.

However, why do I still see 2 and 5-storeys projects on this land with plot ratio of 3.0?

Kelonguni
15-05-14, 22:58
My understanding is that a plot ratio of 3.0 means that it is possible to build more than 36 storeys building.

However, why do I still see 2 and 5-storeys projects on this land with plot ratio of 3.0?

It depends on how they build up the area. If whole area floor used, will be lower floor. If only small area used, can build tall towers. That is my understanding but might not be true.

Arcachon
15-05-14, 23:05
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbr/generalconsideration-dchbr.pdf

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbgfa/Part1-gfa4.pdf

Reisor
16-05-14, 00:10

Care to share which piece of low floor development with GPR 3.0? :scared-5:

leesg123
16-05-14, 01:01
Care to share which piece of low floor development with GPR 3.0? :scared-5:

RV Edge, Loft@Nathan

Wolverine23
16-05-14, 06:55
RV Edge, Loft@Nathan

So why did the developers not build the maximum height of 36 storeys?

leesg123
16-05-14, 07:40

Build horizontally

Allthepies
16-05-14, 08:12
Some area u cannot build high

Daviel
16-05-14, 17:47

I'm guessing cost is a possible reason? The higher they build, the higher the construction cost.

Wolverine23
16-05-14, 20:42
I'm guessing cost is a possible reason? The higher they build, the higher the construction cost.

But lose out on huge gains? 31 storeys of profits!!!???

Very confused.

acosean
16-05-14, 22:32
This question has been bugging me since years ago. I'm glad that someone finally is asking it.

I also feel that the logical thing for developers to do is to build to the maximum permissible height/storeys to maximise profit. I guess the only plausible explanation could be that they may foresee there isn't enough demand (in that area) to reach the close-to-100% sales rate. So in other areas when they project the demand to be high, they may then build to the max.

Wolverine23
16-05-14, 23:17
This question has been bugging me since years ago. I'm glad that someone finally is asking it.

I also feel that the logical thing for developers to do is to build to the maximum permissible height/storeys to maximise profit. I guess the only plausible explanation could be that they may foresee there isn't enough demand (in that area) to reach the close-to-100% sales rate. So in other areas when they project the demand to be high, they may then build to the max.

So this means tremendous enbloc potential???

JNSYN
17-05-14, 06:19
There are 2 parts to the calculation. The site area multiple with plot ratio will determine the GFA. If these plots have max out the GFA then cannot built higher even if though height restriction is higher.

Wolverine23
17-05-14, 06:32
There are 2 parts to the calculation. The site area multiple with plot ratio will determine the GFA. If these plots have max out the GFA then cannot built higher even if though height restriction is higher.

How do I calculate this? Thanks!

chestnut
17-05-14, 07:42
How do I calculate this? Thanks!

Item 4.2.3

Wolverine23
17-05-14, 08:56

Item 4.2.3

Hmm..This clearly means that for 5-storey developments with plot ratio of 3.0, it is definitely possible to build high (ie. around 30 storeys etc?)

So why are developers not building higher?

Where can I find out about height restriction for different areas?

Thanks!!!

chestnut
17-05-14, 10:22
Hmm..This clearly means that for 5-storey developments with plot ratio of 3.0, it is definitely possible to build high (ie. around 30 storeys etc?)

So why are developers not building higher?

Where can I find out about height restriction for different areas?

Thanks!!!

You build high, you free up a lot of land and you can have more facilities, playground, swimming pool, garden etc.... So depends on developer what he wants.

Wolverine23
17-05-14, 14:39
You build high, you free up a lot of land and you can have more facilities, playground, swimming pool, garden etc.... So depends on developer what he wants.

But no developer would want to give up building so many more units? (Difference between 36 storeys and 5 storeys is simply too huge!!!???

jslee78
17-05-14, 21:35
But no developer would want to give up building so many more units? (Difference between 36 storeys and 5 storeys is simply too huge!!!???

You got the concept n computation mixed up. An architect May explain better.
All developer will max out allowable GFA. And all will try to get higher selling price for a given GFA to maximize profit. Those architects that offer the best profit or value will win the design job.

Wolverine23
18-05-14, 13:29
You got the concept n computation mixed up. An architect May explain better.
All developer will max out allowable GFA. And all will try to get higher selling price for a given GFA to maximize profit. Those architects that offer the best profit or value will win the design job.

Yes, I am totally lost...

If I have a plot of land with plot ratio 3.0, I would definitely try to build 36 storeys right?

Why would I build it to 5 storeys?????

litechaser
18-05-14, 13:32
Yes, I am totally lost...

If I have a plot of land with plot ratio 3.0, I would definitely try to build 36 storeys right?

Why would I build it to 5 storeys?????

no need to build so high if can build it wider .

Wolverine23
19-05-14, 00:05
no need to build so high if can build it wider .

How can it be wider than the 30-storeys difference???

chestnut
19-05-14, 05:46
How can it be wider than the 30-storeys difference???

What is the gfa for plot ratio of 3????

johnlee
24-05-14, 11:04
The plot ratio is only one such guide for what you can do with a plot. Every area is also governed by height restrictions. Nathan road is near embassies so likely to have some height restrictions. But believe me, every developer will max out his GFA ...