PDA

View Full Version : Ex-model, 27, moves on from glamour to be successful business and property owner

princess_morbucks
15-05-14, 10:36
http://business.asiaone.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/2014/05/14/0220140514_sushiburrito3.jpg

Hard work and long hours have never seemed to bother former model Sherry Ang, who got her first taste of running a business when she was still a teenager.

Ms Ang, who started modelling and starring in television commercials at 18, took on the job of managing a modelling agency just a year later.

It involved sorting out the assignments of the girls and organising events for firms.

Now 27, Ms Ang has moved on from those glamorous days, to the harder graft of selling property and then starting up the Sushi Burrito restaurant, which serves giant sushi rolls.

The main eatery opened last September at 100AM mall in Tanjong Pagar while an express outlet started at OUE Link recently.

The move into food came three years after Ms Ang worked at a firm that sells foreign real estate, a job she took up after university.

She began in business development and became general manager after 18 months, but it was punishing.

"I worked really hard, seven days a week. In the property business, weekends are the main thing where we do shows, product launches for developers, and I had a lot of paperwork to do on weekdays," she says.

"You learn a lot, such as how to structure loans for people."

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/sme-central/prime-movers/ex-model-roll-sushi-joint#sthash.Kd0unQuk.dpuf

amk
15-05-14, 10:44
... she has a (rich) indonesian "fiancee" ...

onglai
15-05-14, 11:13
wah chio... lin chiling look alike..

leesg123
15-05-14, 12:13
I think that is a crucial factor. Also, parents are doing quite ok too. so alot of safety net for her.

princess_morbucks
15-05-14, 12:30
wah chio... lin chiling look alike..

Ya, so beautiful!
Some people just have it all.

onglai
15-05-14, 14:03
Ya, so beautiful!
Some people just have it all.

mai envy la... our resident princess got inner beauty.

:cool:

el loco
15-05-14, 15:55

Is it Indomie? Lol

princess_morbucks
16-05-14, 10:07
mai envy la... our resident princess got inner beauty.

:cool:

Lol....thanks for the consolation :D

princess_morbucks
16-05-14, 10:08
Is it Indomie? Lol

Lol...ya...or can also be hopeful, minority or kellogs ?

indomie
16-05-14, 11:15
Is it Indomie? Lol
You really want to see me getting murdered by my wife?