PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Buying Private Property In Singapore and Iskandar

princess_morbucks
12-05-14, 14:44
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/real-difference-between-buying-private-160000885.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/y3KVNw64Pmj3piX5KAl2Lw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYxNQ--/http://cdn.moneysmart.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/malaysia-singapore-private-property.jpg

mummy
12-05-14, 14:55
Thanks.....good article....

Arcachon
12-05-14, 15:14
In 1998, as one of the attempts to weather the 1997 Asian financial crisis, it fully suspended the trading of CLOB (Central Limit Order Book) counters, indefinitely freezing approximately US$4.47 billion worth of shares and affecting 172,000 investors, most of them Singaporeans.[3][4][5]

Buy at your own risk, please don't ask the government to bill you out.

Arcachon
12-05-14, 15:17
When the man speaks, the entire nation listens.

Although retired from politics, former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew still wields considerable influence and is regarded as one of Asia’s most critical voices, especially when it comes to Malaysia.

Therefore, when Lee spoke about the risks involved when investing in Iskandar Malaysia in his latest book, ‘One Man’s View of the World’ it caught the attention of Singaporeans as well as those across the causeway.

“This is an economic field of co-operation in which, you must remember, we are putting investments on Malaysian soil. And at the stroke of a pen they can take it over,” Lee was reported as saying.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/blog/tag/lee-sounds-warning-on-iskandar-malaysia-but-the-sa

Cry Father Cry Mother also no use.

mummy
12-05-14, 15:18
In 1998, as one of the attempts to weather the 1997 Asian financial crisis, it fully suspended the trading of CLOB (Central Limit Order Book) counters, indefinitely freezing approximately US$4.47 billion worth of shares and affecting 172,000 investors, most of them Singaporeans.[3][4][5]

I don't think Malaysia government will take back our retirement properties lah...there are also many foreigners like British , US and South Africans etc who bought homes there.

And LKY is not GOD...he has been wrong before like the famous STOP AT TWO policy....

mummy
12-05-14, 15:24

Why would I ask them to bail me out when the cost of a property is 10x cheaper than a similar one here....People are buying 1.5million property or more here when they can buy a few hundred k or less condo in Medini ...which has more risk in terms of quantum?

Those who buy too many condos in Sg are more at risk IMO.

Arcachon
12-05-14, 15:52
History always repeat itself, May God bless you.

Arcachon
12-05-14, 15:53
Why would I ask them to bail me out when the cost of a property is 10x cheaper than a similar one here....People are buying 1.5million property or more here when they can buy a few hundred k or less condo in Medini ...which has more risk in terms of quantum?

Those who buy too many condos in Sg are more at risk IMO.

Remember to take max loan, and refinance max loan so when they take your house you don't loss too much.

mummy
12-05-14, 15:57
Remember to take max loan, and refinance max loan so when they take your house you don't loss too much.

Maybe you are affected by yr granddad and CLOB whereas I had a happy childhood there before we are both prejudiced...

Arcachon
12-05-14, 16:02
Maybe you are affected by yr granddad and CLOB whereas I had a happy childhood there before we are both prejudiced...

You are right, I just hope I am wrong.

Like my dad who survive after his father is killed at the age of 9 years old, he never want to buy a bigger house because when the war come everything is gone and that is part of the reason I join the SAF.

After joining the SAF, got to know more than what my dad know so buy 4 room than 5 room than 2 bedroom than 3 bedroom PH. If you know I am sell all my property in Singapore, you better do it faster than me.

DC33_2008
12-05-14, 16:18
Too bad, your dad did not buy a FH landed for $10,000 then. Otherwise, ....:p

Like my dad who survive after his father is killed at the age of 9 years old, he never want to buy a bigger house because when the war come everything is gone and that is part of the reason I join the SAF.

After joining the SAF, got to know more than what my dad know so buy 4 room than 5 room than 2 bedroom than 3 bedroom PH. If you know I am sell all my property in Singapore, you better do it faster than me.

mummy
12-05-14, 16:18

We r of different age..I am late 30s while you are in yr 50s and children different stage of life so does not mean u sell, I must sell right? Unless u mean u r working in the army now and would know when war is coming then different....

Arcachon
12-05-14, 16:25
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27360758

South China Sea getting hot.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27318910

Vietnam and China ships 'collide in South China Sea'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-china-usa-idUSBREA4804Z20140509

China blames U.S. for stoking tensions in South China Sea

--------------------------------------------------------

You are train to save life, I am train to take life.

mummy
12-05-14, 16:35
BtW, for those thinking of cashing out their CPF and retire in West Malaysia...it cannot be done according to CPF website....in a way Sg still thinks it is a part of Malaysia or at least LKY perhaps....

Arcachon
12-05-14, 16:36
BtW, for those thinking of cashing out their CPF and retire in West Malaysia...it cannot be done according to CPF website....in a way Sg still thinks it is a part of Malaysia or at least LKY perhaps....

LKY know what the pen can do.

iridrium
12-05-14, 17:47
Actually the single most important thing to know about buying property in Malaysia is that:

- Decisions/Government Policies can be retrospective. (i.e. Buy property in 2010, government decide to implement 100% property tax on all foreign buyer from 2008.)
- State Government and Federal Government sometimes have different policy and different timeline on implementing policies.

mummy
12-05-14, 18:06
Actually the single most important thing to know about buying property in Malaysia is that:

- Decisions/Government Policies can be retrospective. (i.e. Buy property in 2010, government decide to implement 100% property tax on all foreign buyer from 2008.)
- State Government and Federal Government sometimes have different policy and different timeline on implementing policies.

What is 100% property tax? Never heard of such a thing before...

minority
12-05-14, 18:33
I don't think Malaysia government will take back our retirement properties lah...there are also many foreigners like British , US and South Africans etc who bought homes there.

And LKY is not GOD...he has been wrong before like the famous STOP AT TWO policy....

Yes keep ur fingers crossed. Malaysia is famous for screwing Singaporeans .

minority
12-05-14, 18:35
Spotted some errors. Absd don't apply to Singaporean 1st own stay property.

N TDSR don't apply provided loan is taken in Malaysia which is higher interest. 5-6%

mummy
12-05-14, 18:37
Yes keep ur fingers crossed. Malaysia is famous for screwing Singaporeans .

I am pretty sure you must have been screwed before by them from your anti Iskandar posts...

Arcachon
12-05-14, 19:22
cOOL, WORD can't change what going to happen from happening.

mummy
12-05-14, 20:27
Iskandar is a viable option for retirement instead of working till so old might as well retire early and enjoy life. Even LKY not so sure if Sg can last a hundred years...maybe invaded by Malaysia via HSR in the future even...

Arcachon
12-05-14, 20:53
Iskandar is a viable option for retirement instead of working till so old might as well retire early and enjoy life. Even LKY not so sure if Sg can last a hundred years...maybe invaded by Malaysia via HSR in the future even...

Agree, that is why 7 years ago I get myself and my family out of Singapore.

mummy
12-05-14, 20:55

Finally, we agree on something today! lol!

Arcachon
12-05-14, 21:00
3 more hours and I will be in my garden.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/p417x417/778841_10202590997789075_6659865128883636649_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/10264226_10202591003069207_7098296449804785067_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/10329843_10202591003949229_4452293509719916197_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/10258150_10202591004149234_4010537200197025274_o.jpg

mummy
12-05-14, 21:03
Your job very good huh? Can chat in forum whole day long....mind sharing what you do?

Arcachon
12-05-14, 21:06
Your job very good huh? Can chat in forum whole day long....mind sharing what you do?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Wolverine23
12-05-14, 22:07

Why leave Singapore when you are rich???

Right?

Sandiwara
12-05-14, 22:16

Right? When human no more disturb by their basic need, then they will start to look for "life quality". But life quality is having different meaning for everyone. :cool:

Arcachon
12-05-14, 22:32

Right?

When I was in Italy for the first time, I ask myself how did they air-con the whole place.

Arcachon
12-05-14, 22:34
When human no more disturb by their basic need, then they will start to look for "life quality". But life quality is having different meaning for everyone. :cool:

Rich or poor is all in the mind.

Here’s a great story about a rich dad who wants to show his son the difference between rich people and poor people. But, in the end, it’s the rich dad who learns the lesson!

One of our Bigg Success Weekly subscribers sent this story our way. Bigg thanks, Richard!

With a little research, we believe this story is by Gradly. We send him a bigg round of applause!

Through the eyes of a child
“One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, ‘How was the trip?’

’It was great, Dad.’

‘Did you see how poor people live,’ the father asked.

‘Oh yeah,’ said the son.

‘So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip,’ asked the father.

The son answered:
‘I saw that we have one dog and they had four.’

‘We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.’

’We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.’

‘Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.’

‘We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.’

‘We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.’

‘We buy our food, but they grow theirs.’

‘We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.’

The boy’s father was speechless.

Then his son added, ‘Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.’”

http://biggsuccess.com/bigg-articles/rich-dad-wise-son/

minority
13-05-14, 09:07
I am pretty sure you must have been screwed before by them from your anti Iskandar posts...

anti? its a fact. 87 Property rules reversals, 99 prop crash with many units never completed , CLOB etc. also ask those who invested in dairy farm promise for the highway to be build?

I hav zero faith in the malaysia system.

minority
13-05-14, 09:08

Malaysia will always be Malaysia.. living in iskanda? maybe car get driven away with kids all kidnapped

like the recent case. Thats why I rather go thailand then go malaysia.

mummy
13-05-14, 10:21
Malaysia will always be Malaysia.. living in iskanda? maybe car get driven away with kids all kidnapped

like the recent case. Thats why I rather go thailand then go malaysia.

Might be better if yr kids all grown up and u dun need to semiretire to retirevin thailand esp if u r buddhist as shariah law may come to malaysia...

also u can chose to migrate there and take out all yr cpf unlike west malaysia....