PDA

View Full Version : I have a long list of airbnb contacts to give to ura and iras

leesg123
12-05-14, 00:49
So easy to get the contacts of owners leasing out their whole unit for shortterm rent.

Since it is illegal in sg, also could potentially cause nuisance to the estate, and lots of loss tax income for iras, I would like to surrender this list to ura and iras. Any objections from forummers?

If you are airbnb user, u r dead meat.

yowetan
12-05-14, 04:44
Hi...Brilliant idea. I will also write in to khaw on this matter.

leesg123
12-05-14, 07:37
Hi...Brilliant idea. I will also write in to khaw on this matter.

We all legal landlord play the game by the rule and pay our dues to iras. So dont try to be funny and break the the rule. Somemore with funny virus like mers, traceability is so important. Be a socially responsible landlord.

leesg123
12-05-14, 08:44
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/377575/airbnb-versus-san-francisco-fight-continues-veronique-de-rugy
This week, the fight has taken a turn for the worse in San Francisco: The city is considering a bill that would allow the city to give financial rewards to people who snoop on their neighbors and report whether and how their are hosting people through Airbnb. Here are some details:

CondoWE
12-05-14, 09:56
We all legal landlord play the game by the rule and pay our dues to iras. So dont try to be funny and break the the rule. Somemore with funny virus like mers, traceability is so important. Be a socially responsible landlord.

You got my vote...+1 :D!

minority
12-05-14, 09:59
could me main tenant illegal sublet? that could be possible.

4wheels
12-05-14, 10:02
the authority is aware of the situation as it was reported in newspaper couple of week back.

DC33_2008
12-05-14, 10:04
Remember Code 7 of the Army. :D

leesg123
12-05-14, 10:06

By right in the tenancy agreement, it should have stated no subletting by tenant.

DC33_2008
12-05-14, 10:14
Unfortunately, the think by left.
By right in the tenancy agreement, it should have stated no subletting by tenant.

august
12-05-14, 10:56
So easy to get the contacts of owners leasing out their whole unit for shortterm rent.

Since it is illegal in sg, also could potentially cause nuisance to the estate, and lots of loss tax income for iras, I would like to surrender this list to ura and iras. Any objections from forummers?

If you are airbnb user, u r dead meat.

Just do it. http://www.animateit.net/data/media/july2012/ATT00014.gif

onglai
12-05-14, 12:39
do u need to do a poll first before u send?

:D

princess_morbucks
12-05-14, 12:51
TS, I don't know what to say.
Generally I won't act unless they make a nuisance of themselves.
Life is hard for some people esp those who rent out their rooms.
Who wants lack of privacy and the fear of staying with a stranger, unless you are really in need of money?

leesg123
12-05-14, 13:07
TS, I don't know what to say.
Generally I won't act unless they make a nuisance of themselves.
Life is hard for some people esp those who rent out their rooms.
Who wants lack of privacy and the fear of staying with a stranger, unless you are really in need of money?Greed? why invest when cannot afford to hold lull period of no rental?

minority
12-05-14, 13:41

Lovelle
13-05-14, 15:13
https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/1774023?s=P0bE

please report this as well

DC33_2008
13-05-14, 15:37
Pity the owners of such development. MC of such condo should form watch group to track down such activity. :mad: :beats-me-man:

teddybear
13-05-14, 21:35
Seems more like sub-letting? :banghead:

Lovelle
13-05-14, 22:39
There are several others ad elsewhere, residents here are observing and reporting these cases by taking down the unit no

flxcat
13-05-14, 23:03
There are several others ad elsewhere, residents here are observing and reporting these cases by taking down the unit no

Similar scenario many years ago regarding HDB rental, many locked 1 room and rent out the whole apartment.

When official is not serious and active clamping down such activities, is indirectly telling those who dare to take the chance, go do it and don't get caught, and when more people see others are gaining from it and no action taken against them, more people will dare to test the limits.

Of course, eventually the official change the rule and allow whole HDB apartment rent out after MOP, nothing much need to be done as no more breaking of rules.

Maybe if proven too many cases to handle by the officials, maybe the short term leasing rule might be allowed in the name to benefit of Singapore tourism and also helping existing owners who have difficulties in selling or renting out their apartment(due to oncoming over supply), then no more breaking of rules. :D

teddybear
13-05-14, 23:14
And the genuine residents suffers because they bought a "RESIDENTIAL" property, not a hotel to stay beside "tourists" and share facilities with them and change "neighbours" every FEW DAYS! :banghead:

Similar scenario many years ago regarding HDB rental, many locked 1 room and rent out the whole apartment.

When official is not serious and active clamping down such activities, is indirectly telling those who dare to take the chance, go do it and don't get caught, and when more people see others are gaining from it and no action taken against them, more people will dare to test the limits.

Of course, eventually the official change the rule and allow whole HDB apartment rent out after MOP, nothing much need to be done as no more breaking of rules.

Maybe if proven too many cases to handle by the officials, maybe the short term leasing rule might be allowed in the name to benefit of Singapore tourism and also helping existing owners who have difficulties in selling or renting out their apartment(due to oncoming over supply), then no more breaking of rules. :D

flxcat
13-05-14, 23:51
And the genuine residents suffers because they bought a "RESIDENTIAL" property, not a hotel to stay beside "tourists" and share facilities with them and change "neighbours" every FEW DAYS! :banghead:

In fact I do feel the frustration that you have brought up too.

However, I am in the opinion that our officials are in fact very efficient if they really seriously and actively want to take action.

Looking at some of the airbnb posts, clients' reviews of the apartment they stayed are dated 1-2years back, do you think our officials are really blinded and need someone to start this track to wake them up to what is happening in the market? I felt is a matter of do they really want to stop all these nonsense or just keeping a blind eye for the time being for whatsoever reasons.

Well still good that our dear forummers are highlighting this matter :2cents: