PDA

View Full Version : Can I smash or re-sell unauthorised cars parked in pte property?

leesg123
25-04-14, 22:39
I noticed a couple of cars that dont belong to our residents and they have been parked overnight for a few days. We do have cases of residents nearby sneaking in to take advantage of the free parking in our enclosed private property development.

Since it is illegally parked, is there any recourse for the car owner if I smash the car to pieces or get it tow away and re-sell it as scrap?

indomie
25-04-14, 22:58
I noticed a couple of cars that dont belong to our residents and they have been parked overnight for a few days. We do have cases of residents nearby sneaking in to take advantage of the free parking in our enclosed private property development.

Since it is illegally parked, is there any recourse for the car owner if I smash the car to pieces or get it tow away and re-sell it as scrap?
Smashing the car to pieces is illegal and attracting too much attention to yourself. Get it towed away is not easy, as you have to prove ownership. I say train your dog to relieve itself on the hood of the car.

radha08
25-04-14, 23:17
See u on stomp

teddybear
25-04-14, 23:32
Never know that we can do that...................... :cheers5:

leesg123
26-04-14, 00:18
Since it is an unauthorised item in a private property, cant the owner dispose it at will? What if the car explode? What if the car is used for crime? What if the car contains drugs?

Rosy
26-04-14, 00:21
Wheel clamp

august
26-04-14, 00:22
Wheel clamp.

leesg123
26-04-14, 00:22
Wheel clamp

wheelclamp also can escape one. I prefer destroying the car, or at least smash all the windows and put in rats and cockroaches.

leesg123
26-04-14, 01:05
Lets leave morality aside. I just want to know the legal perspective.

kamparboy
26-04-14, 02:37
Call Police and inform them there is a suspicious guy that left his car outside your home for days....then problem solve. Police find him to move for you :2cents:

Jaykj
26-04-14, 07:14

'Illegal trespassers will be prosecuted' Doesn't this phrase apply anymore?

hopeful
26-04-14, 07:38

what was that famous NS quote again?
"can do anything something something..."

hopeful
26-04-14, 07:40

what can you do to an illegal immigrant?

beat him up and can u get away scot free?
kill him and can u get away scot free?

hopeful
26-04-14, 07:48

i didnt know you and condonewbie staying in the same condo.
condonewbie is just borrowing his friend's car la.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21190

Londonproperty123
26-04-14, 10:20
Got to ask lawyer. I don't think you can just smash the car, even though the car is illegally parked.

onglai
26-04-14, 10:56
nowaday alot of car got camera hor... dont pray pray..

omega
26-04-14, 17:36
Could be resident's family car right? Maybe car servicing, then drive their family car back?

Kelonguni
26-04-14, 19:21
what was that famous NS quote again?
"can do anything something something..."

Haha... you can do anything you want, but don't get caught.

irisng
26-04-14, 20:38
Do you mean landed ppty or condo. If it is condo, get your Mgt to deal with them. If it is landed, I would think since they never get on your way or affect anybody, just leave it, 方便别人也方便自己. If you still feel uncomfortable with it, get the police to deal with it. Don't get yourself into trouble, no matter how illegal it is, you smash people's car, you are in the wrong.

august
26-04-14, 21:23
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120310162435/theinternetbox/images/9/9b/Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

leesg123
26-04-14, 21:28
Do you mean landed ppty or condo. If it is condo, get your Mgt to deal with them. If it is landed, I would think since they never get on your way or affect anybody, just leave it, 方便别人也方便自己. If you still feel uncomfortable with it, get the police to deal with it. Don't get yourself into trouble, no matter how illegal it is, you smash people's car, you are in the wrong.Is an apartment development, so dont have security guard one. i 'accidentally' dropped a bag of rotten eggs from my balcony, right on it. I wish.

On a side note, if you discover a thief climbing into your house, is it alright to use a baseball bat to wack him into pieces? make him crippled for life?

thomastansb
27-04-14, 11:17
Is there any barrier? How would anyone know if the carpark is private?

You can't do anything to the car. You smash it, it is mischief or even theft if the owner reports something missing. Tow away and re-sell is 100% theft.

thomastansb
27-04-14, 11:23
Why can't you or other owners build a barrier?

Let's say if I am a driver, how would I know if the land is private? Signs can be missed. The only way is to put a barrier. ERP style if you are rich. Key lock style if you want to keep the cost low.

I mean you do lock your house door to prevent unauthorized access right? You don't leave it open like a supermarket.

irisng
27-04-14, 13:59
Is an apartment development, so dont have security guard one. i 'accidentally' dropped a bag of rotten eggs from my balcony, right on it. I wish.

On a side note, if you discover a thief climbing into your house, is it alright to use a baseball bat to wack him into pieces? make him crippled for life?

I presume apartment also has mcst though no security guard. Do you pay maintenance fee? Call your mcst and tell them about the issue, maybe they can do something to it.

leesg123
28-04-14, 10:55
Why can't you or other owners build a barrier?

Let's say if I am a driver, how would I know if the land is private? Signs can be missed. The only way is to put a barrier. ERP style if you are rich. Key lock style if you want to keep the cost low.

I mean you do lock your house door to prevent unauthorized access right? You don't leave it open like a supermarket.
Got barrier, those cars belong to resident's friends or owner who rented out their units. So they go no legal rights to park there, what more overnight.

Kelonguni
28-04-14, 11:36
Got barrier, those cars belong to resident's friends or owner who rented out their units. So they go no legal rights to park there, what more overnight.

I think it is a warning for people who like to enjoy facilities for free that there are people who are seriously upset about this kind of freeloading.

Personally I feel that as long as no parking lot shortage should live and let live. Give others a chance, who knows whether or when you might need that chance one day?

teddybear
28-04-14, 12:37
Usually estate with no security guard most likely small estate, where got so many parking lots to spare for free loaders?
I heard that free loaders are always a problem in heartland condos, particularly the new ones because number of car park lots available is either same or 80% that of number of units in the estate only! :doh:

I think it is a warning for people who like to enjoy facilities for free that there are people who are seriously upset about this kind of freeloading.

Personally I feel that as long as no parking lot shortage should live and let live. Give others a chance, who knows whether or when you might need that chance one day?

thomastansb
28-04-14, 13:12
If got barrier, then you and the owners of the land need to come out with a better way to manage your land. It is actually a no brainer situation here. I don't understand why you have to go to lawless acts like smashing someone's car.

It is just like a house with 10 owners. You all pass the keys around, then people come in, who is to be blamed?

Also, rented out or not, there is no definition of legal rights. As long as I own the land, I can park; regardless whether I have rented out my unit or not. Unless yours is a condo and someone is enforcing the condo rules.

I will suggest the owners come together and find a solution. It is a very small matter which can be resolved easily by mature adults.

leesg123
28-04-14, 21:25
If got barrier, then you and the owners of the land need to come out with a better way to manage your land. It is actually a no brainer situation here. I don't understand why you have to go to lawless acts like smashing someone's car.

It is just like a house with 10 owners. You all pass the keys around, then people come in, who is to be blamed?

Also, rented out or not, there is no definition of legal rights. As long as I own the land, I can park; regardless whether I have rented out my unit or not. Unless yours is a condo and someone is enforcing the condo rules.

I will suggest the owners come together and find a solution. It is a very small matter which can be resolved easily by mature adults.but i find extreme joy in smashing the car leh :( They park free, I get free entertainment too. Fair? HAHAHA

thomastansb
28-04-14, 21:55
They didn't park for free. They are entitled to park there - with the permission from the owners. I don't see anything wrong with that.

but i find extreme joy in smashing the car leh :( They park free, I get free entertainment too. Fair? HAHAHA

hopeful
29-04-14, 09:06
but i find extreme joy in smashing the car leh :( They park free, I get free entertainment too. Fair? HAHAHA

yo, tough guy, so whats stopping you?

you want the forummers to "plead" with you to show restraint?
go ahead, smash the car(s).
Just do it.
show forummers here how tough you are and not just a gas-bag.

why, you afraid of the law?
then smash of your own car la.
of course, masturbation (smash own car) does not bring as much "extreme joy" as fxxk (smash others' cars).

i will be scanning the news the next few days for reports of cars being smashed in a particular apartment.

Perhaps princess morbucks can help to post the news articles.

onglai
29-04-14, 09:55
dont forget to post pictures here after u smashed the cars

:D:D

minority
29-04-14, 10:17
go go smash. Pls post your smash on youtube. or stomp.

thomastansb
29-04-14, 10:28
This is the behavior of some people in Singapore. They think they own the world and the world owe them everything.

If you are so rich, buy a GCB at sentosa cove. No one can enter and no one can park there. You have all the space to yourself. If you are too rich, you can smash your own lambo also. No one will stop you.

But if you are not that rich, then welcome back to the shared society. A shared place for you and me. Just because you are ONE of the owners doesn't mean you are the SOLE owner and you can decide what you want to do. If the friends or landlord want to park there, then too bad. Suck it up because you are not rich enough to own everything.

go go smash. Pls post your smash on youtube. or stomp.

minority
29-04-14, 11:18
This is the behavior of some people in Singapore. They think they own the world and the world owe them everything.

If you are so rich, buy a GCB at sentosa cove. No one can enter and no one can park there. You have all the space to yourself. If you are too rich, you can smash your own lambo also. No one will stop you.

But if you are not that rich, then welcome back to the shared society. A shared place for you and me. Just because you are ONE of the owners doesn't mean you are the SOLE owner and you can decide what you want to do. If the friends or landlord want to park there, then too bad. Suck it up because you are not rich enough to own everything.

I hope he post it then he can be taken responsible for his action. If he don't like u can go join the mgmt committee and change the by laws and go wheel clamp the bugger. or go invite all his friends to park there too.

but I would like to ask him go smash the car n post the video so there are evidence.

leesg123
29-04-14, 11:29

Hey I friend you leh. Then i park my car at your place FOC ok? Can I ask my friend to park his car at your place (oh places, as you own multiple properties and rented) too, Mr Generous?

Just curious, properties that you have rented out, do you still park your car there overnight? or let your friends have access to the gates and give them free parking too? Just curious.

leesg123
29-04-14, 11:31
I hope he post it then he can be taken responsible for his action. If he don't like u can go join the mgmt committee and change the by laws and go wheel clamp the bugger. or go invite all his friends to park there too.

but I would like to ask him go smash the car n post the video so there are evidence.:doh: u thought i so dumb dumb mehhhhhh? :scared-4: :cheers1:

leesg123
29-04-14, 11:32
yo, tough guy, so whats stopping you?

you want the forummers to "plead" with you to show restraint?
go ahead, smash the car(s).
Just do it.
show forummers here how tough you are and not just a gas-bag.

why, you afraid of the law?
then smash of your own car la.
of course, masturbation (smash own car) does not bring as much "extreme joy" as fxxk (smash others' cars).

i will be scanning the news the next few days for reports of cars being smashed in a particular apartment.

Perhaps princess morbucks can help to post the news articles.ah u pleading me?:confused:

indomie
29-04-14, 12:08
http://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Car-Smash.png

leesg123
29-04-14, 12:14
This forum is getting so boring. so must spice up everyone's imagination and mood! :hell-hath-no-fury:

thomastansb
29-04-14, 12:54
My friend always park there when he play tennis at my condo. I don't see a problem, neither do my neighbours. I can't stop my neighbours' friends either because we understand it is non-exclusive to me. It is a shared facility for every owner. If I want exclusiveness, I will buy a GCB but I don't have the money.

Yes, I can park my car overnight even though I have rented my unit out. Every unit is entitled to the first lot FOC; rented or own stay. If my tenant don't need a lot, I get the lot. Simple as that. Everytime I go travel, I will park my car at my bro condo near tanah merah. The car is registered to my brother's name but the unit is rented out. No issue either. With the exception of Clift where there is a monthly or hourly charge.

Hey I friend you leh. Then i park my car at your place FOC ok? Can I ask my friend to park his car at your place (oh places, as you own multiple properties and rented) too, Mr Generous?

Just curious, properties that you have rented out, do you still park your car there overnight? or let your friends have access to the gates and give them free parking too? Just curious.

Komo
29-04-14, 13:20
it's so important that the lots are separated between residents and visitors. if there is barrier to separate them even better. the bigger problem is motorbikes that anyhow park anywhere

minority
29-04-14, 13:46
ok lets charge ERP. then! all resident will be charge for the usage. the more u park the more you pay. then a rebate is given each mth to resident. Like that it would be fair the resident use more one pay top up! and their friends come pay for usage. can implement visitor pass vouchers so to be fair each household will be given a fix amount of visitor visit. the one with more visitors then have to pay more.!

Like that fair for everyone! extra $ collected can go to fund the estate! Can Bo! On Lah!

life so stress? why? coz people everyday want fair. compare this compare that. small small things cannot give n take. in the end stress themselves.

onglai
29-04-14, 14:52
ok lets charge ERP. then! all resident will be charge for the usage. the more u park the more you pay. then a rebate is given each mth to resident. Like that it would be fair the resident use more one pay top up! and their friends come pay for usage. can implement visitor pass vouchers so to be fair each household will be given a fix amount of visitor visit. the one with more visitors then have to pay more.!

Like that fair for everyone! extra $ collected can go to fund the estate! Can Bo! On Lah!

life so stress? why? coz people everyday want fair. compare this compare that. small small things cannot give n take. in the end stress themselves.

actually u all more stress then ts leh... he say say only then u all so worked up
:D

minority
29-04-14, 19:06
actually u all more stress then ts leh... he say say only then u all so worked up
:D

lol... where got stress offering solutions mah.. we country men must help with solving problems too.