PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat Facebook page (residents only!)

shue23
25-04-14, 15:06
Hi, I'm starting a Facebook page for Sky Habitat Residents only (I'm a homeowner there, definitely not a property agent or insurance agent or in any sales at all).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/672567532803630/

If you are a resident, do join so that we can keep each other updated on news, developments, TOP, checking of defects, complaints, bulk purchases, etc etc.

:) Shue

Thermofisher
25-04-14, 15:42
Hi, I'm starting a Facebook page for Sky Habitat Residents only (I'm a homeowner there, definitely not a property agent or insurance agent or in any sales at all).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/672567532803630/

If you are a resident, do join so that we can keep each other updated on news, developments, TOP, checking of defects, complaints, bulk purchases, etc etc.

:) Shue

Curious. You recently bought it at discounted price or the earlier buyer?

shue23
25-04-14, 18:06
Recent buyer. I went to calculate how much I saved compared to 2012 buyers... I think the earlier buyers will hate me....

wt_know
25-04-14, 20:36
will you hate future buyer when sky habitat slash another 5-10%?

Recent buyer. I went to calculate how much I saved compared to 2012 buyers... I think the earlier buyers will hate me....

3C
25-04-14, 21:00

why hate? Sometime you lose sometime you win. Sometime you thought you win but actually you lost. Sometime you thought you won but actually you lost.

Had dinner with a friend in town today. I spent $15 parking. He laughed at me why didnt park at nearby private landed FOC. His nearby is a walk of 200metres. Backed home he called me he was summon for illegal parking several times more than what I paid. Morale of the storey be happy with yourself whatever you think you have decided and never look back.

czk04
25-04-14, 22:13

The 2012 buyers also had a few percent discount comparing with the launching price, moreover, they chose better units with no ABSD and lower loan package. So it's hard to tell who had a better deal in the long term.

henryhk
26-04-14, 08:57
Of course shue23 get a lower price and save alot $......and sky vue buyers will be clenching their fists for jumping in tis one...,,sky habitat is more class and value..... However it does not mean the overall price in singapore will dip drastically, in 2000, discounts were common, and drop can be by 40%, and so much land to increase ample supply, now u only find small pockets..... strong buyers and can hold will benefit in the future.... Plus the fact the economic growth is accelerating tis year! Hajaha

my2cents
26-04-14, 11:41
The 2012 buyers also had a few percent discount comparing with the launching price, moreover, they chose better units with no ABSD and lower loan package. So it's hard to tell who had a better deal in the long term.

Well said, buying property is all about the choice unit, not the sales, the same in shopping buying, sales are usually broken sizes, left over of unpopular color etc. And choice unit is so important when you are buying expensive property.

tick
26-04-14, 14:32
Went to see the sky habitat the 2nd week after their relaunch.

All the 3 bedders have been taken up.

Except those low units - facing the mosque
those units under the bridge - can't see the sky.

almost all the larger Terraces are available... but priced >$2 M.

I think we can all wait patiently for deeper discounts as the clock ticks and nobody takes up the terraces.

DC33_2008
26-04-14, 16:06
Could be more buying for own stay given the larger size units.

I think we can all wait patiently for deeper discounts as the clock ticks and nobody takes up the terraces.

wt_know
26-04-14, 21:15
will buyer bite when large units slash another 10%-15%?
10% x $2M = $200K down
15% x $2M = $300K down

princess_morbucks
26-04-14, 22:03
Saw this on someone's FB.

https://www.facebook.com/SGwilliamlee/posts/10152191407048725

ONLY 31 units of Sky Habitat Star Buy units left!!!

shue23
27-04-14, 00:44
Well I wouldn't, because when I bought it I believe & I'm convinced that I'm happy with the deal, before I proceeded. So I suppose, whoever bought in 2012, was also happy and convinced before that made that (few) million dollar decision, heh.

Anyway this is my first property, so I'm really excited about it :)

will you hate future buyer when sky habitat slash another 5-10%?

shue23
27-04-14, 00:51
Sky Habitat is only half sold so far (I think I saw stats like 250 / 509 units), dunno how they define Star Buy Unit haha.

With so many leftovers, I won't be too surprised if they slash further... but they have deep pockets, can "tong" one...

tick
27-04-14, 05:40
Sky Habitat is only half sold so far (I think I saw stats like 250 / 509 units), dunno how they define Star Buy Unit haha.

With so many leftovers, I won't be too surprised if they slash further... but they have deep pockets, can "tong" one...

Almost all their 4 bedders and 3 bedders+terrace are still unsold.

All are >$2mil.

If they dont give a deeper discount now ( like 20%)... they must be prepared to TOP with half occupancy.

yowetan
27-04-14, 07:49
Well I wouldn't, because when I bought it I believe & I'm convinced that I'm happy with the deal, before I proceeded. So I suppose, whoever bought in 2012, was also happy and convinced before that made that (few) million dollar decision, heh.

Anyway this is my first property, so I'm really excited about it :)

Hi..... What is your unit size? How much do you pay for the unit? Thanks.

princess_morbucks
27-04-14, 08:23

But the developer has to pay ABSD if they don't sell the units within 5 years from a certain point in time (maybe possession of land ....I can't remember when ) .

So the question is whether it is worth their while or not?

taggy
27-04-14, 11:47
But the developer has to pay ABSD if they don't sell the units within 5 years from a certain point in time (maybe possession of land ....I can't remember when ) .

So the question is whether it is worth their while or not?

land from govt land sale no such rule....
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=13068&page=348

princess_morbucks
27-04-14, 14:17
land from govt land sale no such rule....
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=13068&page=348

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page.aspx?id=12822

Development Sites with 5 or More Residential Units

Remission of ABSD is allowed for development projects with more than 4 residential units, on the condition that the developer follows through the intention to develop the residential properties for sale. The developer may be eligible for remission of ABSD only if the developer is constituted as a company.

ABSD on the purchase of vacant residential land (include sites purchased from the Government), development sites, and en-bloc purchase of residential properties for the purpose of housing development of more than 4 units, may be remitted upfront subject to the buyer (developer) giving the undertaking to :

a) Complete development and sell all the residential units in the development within 5 years* of the date of Contract or Agreement to purchase the site.

b) Produce the Qualifying Certificate where relevant and housing developer licence within 2 years^ of the date of Contract or Agreement.

c) Produce proof of piling and foundation works and any demolition works within 2 years^ of the date of Contract or Agreement.

d) Produce proof of disposal of all residential units in the development within 5 years* of the date of Contract or Agreement to purchase the site.

*In the case of land purchased through collective sale under the Land Titles (Strata) Act on or after 1 July 2012, the 5 or 2 years conditions (as applicable) will commence from the date of the collective sale order granted under the Act.
^ In the case of land purchased through collective sale under the Land Titles (Strata) Act on or after 1 July 2012, 2 years will commence from the date of the collective sale order granted under the Act.

If conditions (b) and (c) are not met, ABSD (with interest) becomes payable immediately upon the expiry of 2 years.

If condition (a) is not met, ABSD (with interest), becomes payable immediately upon the expiry of 5 years.

Interest is calculated at a rate of 5% per annum commencing from 14 days after the date of acquisition of the site.

The undertaking has to be given by the due date for stamping. Please refer to the template for the Letter of Undertaking By Developers for Development of 5 or more Residential Units (22 KB).

ABSD is payable on documents executed on payment of lease extension premium. Any request for remission of the ABSD payable on the documents executed for extension of lease on residential development sites may be considered. The approval is subject to the developer giving similar undertaking pertaining to the development and disposal of the units within the stipulated timeframe as in the case of land purchase. If the land was purchased before the implementation of ABSD, the timeframe commences from the date of Letter of Acceptance of the lease extension.

Where ABSD remission via undertaking has already been given on the purchase of the land, the ABSD on the lease extension premium paid on the same land may also be remitted subject to the same undertaking. In other words, there would be no need to give another set of undertaking.

shue23
29-04-14, 16:35
hello, for those who have requested to join the group, kindly check your Facebook message (remember to check the "Others" tab). Thanks!