PDA

View Full Version : Question on ABSD and marriage after

grunt72
21-04-14, 08:41
Hi all, would like to ask a qn relating to refund of ABSD paid. When my then fiancee and myself bought a PC last year, we each had our names attached to separate HDB flats, which had since been disposed of. We had to pay up the extra 7% ABSD then of course in the PC purchase.

Now that we are married and only have a single common PC as property, can we apply to IRAS for the ABSD refund? Hope to seek your advice and opinions, esp if u have successfully done so.

Thanks in advance :)

Kelonguni
21-04-14, 09:27
Hi all, would like to ask a qn relating to refund of ABSD paid. When my then fiancee and myself bought a PC last year, we each had our names attached to separate HDB flats, which had since been disposed of. We had to pay up the extra 7% ABSD then of course in the PC purchase.

Now that we are married and only have a single common PC as property, can we apply to IRAS for the ABSD refund? Hope to seek your advice and opinions, esp if u have successfully done so.

Please see below:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uploadedFiles/Other_Taxes_and_Services/Stamp_duty/xxx/ABSD_Rates_for_Joint_Purchases_Made_by_Married_Couples_and_ABSD_Refund_for_Purchase_of_Second_Residential_Property.pdf

I think depends on your date of purchase and sale (within half year). Most likely can but have to confirm with authorities. Have you applied for ABSD remission already?

eng81157
21-04-14, 10:14

just curious, how did the both of you have your names down on separate HDB flats?

Adva181
21-04-14, 10:27
Mother son, father daughter.

Lord Anus
21-04-14, 11:52
just curious, how did the both of you have your names down on separate HDB flats?

Duh!

Singles who are 35 years old and above can buy resale HDB flats lah!

So two singles over 35 years old who had already bought their HDB flats, met each other, fell in love and decided to get married!

I would guess TS' age at 42. His wife may be slightly younger.

eng81157
21-04-14, 13:03
Duh!

Singles who are 35 years old and above can buy resale HDB flats lah!

So two singles over 35 years old who had already bought their HDB flats, met each other, fell in love and decided to get married!

I would guess TS' age at 42. His wife may be slightly younger.

is there any information to suggest that they are both above 35 years old? i can think of half a dozen other possible scenarios.

agentg
21-04-14, 13:11
is there any information to suggest that they are both above 35 years old? i can think of half a dozen other possible scenarios.

Likely tread starter was born in year of 1972 :p

onglai
21-04-14, 13:12

just go and claim, don't care whether anyone has done it before. 7% for 1m property is 70k leh..

eng81157
21-04-14, 13:19

whoa!!!! how on earth you find out such information?!?!??!

princess_morbucks
21-04-14, 13:39
whoa!!!! how on earth you find out such information?!?!??!

I think he is just assuming as TS is grunt72.

onglai
21-04-14, 16:39
I think he is just assuming as TS is grunt72.

u very innocent leh...
:D

玉格格
21-04-14, 23:47

n my 3rd eye tells me tat TS is a guy ~ :D