PDA

View Full Version : Rights for 1st Parking Lots for Residing Owner

condonewbie
20-04-14, 20:09
Hi, I bought a condo one year back. Recently the managing agent has changed to PropNex Property Management and they carried out an annual vehicle update exercise. Unfortunately I do not own a car but I managed to borrow my friend's car to use while he is on long vacation. Then the problem comes.

The manager give me a wheel clamped warning letter for parking my friends car in the carpark. When I bring the letter to him and tell him that that is my friends car and I would will be using it for the next two weeks and parked it here. The reply from him is "No, you can't do that and please surrender your car transpondant since you do not own a car. At most you can only park here for 3 days as a visitor while paying 3 dollars per night for a maximum of 3 nights per month and I will disable your transpondant now" May I ask the gound here few questions below :-

1. As an owner residing in the condo, do I have the right to use the parking space since I am paying the monthly maintenance fee. I am refering to the first parking space as a resident in the condominium

2. Do I have a case against the management manager or I just have to follow what he say? I don't understand why the manager are not facilitating the residents here but rather creating more trouble?

3. I feel I am not being treated fairly and where can I complain to if I do it again and he wheel clam my friend's car?

4. There was also an incident before where my tap is leaking water. As no one is at home in the day time, I called up the manager and informed them that my plumber will be visiting around 8pm to fix it with no noisy work. Again, my request was being turned down and I was told I have no other choice and I must apply a paid leave and attend to such incident.

I understand the manager maybe coming from a point to protect the interest of other residents, but as a resident in the condo, I also feel that I should be treated fairly and the manager should assist and not create more trouble for the me here.

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

teddybear
20-04-14, 20:20
Very funny MA you have.
Firstly, why as a resident in the estate, you have to pay $3 per night for parking a car you drive in? In the very least, you still have the right to park in visitor car park lot if they don't allow you to park in resident lot without the permanent parking label. This is regardless of 1st car or 2nd car etc.

My comments above only apply when you condo has sufficient car park lots. If there is insufficient to go around, then there is nothing you can do.

Hi, I bought a condo one year back. Recently the managing agent has changed to PropNex Property Management and they carried out an annual vehicle update exercise. Unfortunately I do not own a car but I managed to borrow my friend's car to use while he is on long vacation. Then the problem comes.

The manager give me a wheel clamped warning letter for parking my friends car in the carpark. When I bring the letter to him and tell him that that is my friends car and I would will be using it for the next two weeks and parked it here. The reply from him is "No, you can't do that and please surrender your car transpondant since you do not own a car. At most you can only park here for 3 days as a visitor while paying 3 dollars per night for a maximum of 3 nights per month and I will disable your transpondant now" May I ask the gound here few questions below :-

1. As an owner residing in the condo, do I have the right to use the parking space since I am paying the monthly maintenance fee. I am refering to the first parking space as a resident in the condominium

2. Do I have a case against the management manager or I just have to follow what he say? I don't understand why the manager are not facilitating the residents here but rather creating more trouble?

3. I feel I am not being treated fairly and where can I complain to if I do it again and he wheel clam my friend's car?

4. There was also an incident before where my tap is leaking water. As no one is at home in the day time, I called up the manager and informed them that my plumber will be visiting around 8pm to fix it with no noisy work. Again, my request was being turned down and I was told I have no other choice and I must apply a paid leave and attend to such incident.

I understand the manager maybe coming from a point to protect the interest of other residents, but as a resident in the condo, I also feel that I should be treated fairly and the manager should assist and not create more trouble for the me here.

solsys
20-04-14, 20:54
Small development I believe...

TKT
20-04-14, 21:09

Maybe not so small if PropNex also wan to come in to handle...

chestnut
20-04-14, 21:10

My unit in the estate have less than 100 units. I park 2 cars leh:D

Ringo33
20-04-14, 22:01
They are doing this because many people have been using the same old excuse to allow their auntie and uncle park their cars there for free. Especially for condo near HDB estate.

In some condo, they have started IU access for residence carpark, which mean if your car is not registered you cant even go in.

teddybear
20-04-14, 22:04
Isn't that the reason why CCR properties far away from HDB estate can command significant extra premium?
We never have to deal with such cases of illegal parking or not enough car park lots!
We want to park 3 cars also can! :cheers1:

They are doing this because many people have been using the same old excuse to allow their auntie and uncle park their cars there for free. Especially for condo near HDB estate.

In some condo, they have started IU access for residence carpark, which mean if your car is not registered you cant even go in.

astroboy8681
20-04-14, 22:11
Is the project pacific mansion?

Too many cases of hostesses bringing back customers overnight...

Ringo33
20-04-14, 22:18
Isn't that the reason why CCR properties far away from HDB estate can command significant extra premium?
We never have to deal with such cases of illegal parking or not enough car park lots!

please spare us your CCR nonsense please. This is about car park, not CCR or OCR.

puffer_fish
20-04-14, 22:19
my estate has 1 transponder for each unit so not much issue, there are 2 other estate which use the car IU number as transponder( this might be more troublesome, if the owner uses car on and off)

only once in a while during school holidays, you will see "outside" vehicles park at visitors lots for more than 2 days after which the MA will clamp the car and the owner would need to pay for unlocking fees.

as for the repairs work, I think your MA is correct not to have any repair works after 6pm. you might not think it's noisy but others might.

as for the condo located next to HDB flats, yup, a few of my acquaintance have on occasion complained that some HDB dwellers park the vehicles at their condo just to save the parking fees. the main problem is during weekends, the HDB dwellers would use the condo swimming pool for free, jamming up the genuine owners privilege.

not all condo security are...shall we say, "very ON" so they don't check who goes into the condo on foot

so usually, before a purchase like estate , it best to spend more time talking to owners there and security personnel, rather than after all the dust had settle and you realized your mistake.

puffer_fish
20-04-14, 22:31
I think this is the case which a child has illegally sneak into the condo for a swim and drown herself, after which the parents wanted to sue the condo:scared-5:

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

8岁女童溺毙公寓游泳池,女童母亲要告公寓,要追究公寓保安为何让她女儿闯关进公寓?

2010年7月17日中午时分,家住后港7道组屋的死者黄业莉,带着当时4岁的妹妹和7岁邻居,闯进后港7道的青山苑公寓(Evergreen Park),结果溺毙。

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

死者母亲符亚妹昨晚受访时眼泛泪光,她说会找律师向公寓管委提出控诉,对公寓保安提出质疑。

她说,尽管已事过一年多,她和丈夫还是经常想起死去的女儿。

验尸官:8岁目击者证词多变,不能接受。完整报道,请翻阅11.01.2012《联合晚报》。

teddybear
20-04-14, 23:31
Please go check how many car park lots your J Gateway has vs the number of units.
Then check those luxury CCR condos how many car park lots they have vs the number of units.
premium CCR and cheap-skate OCR, big difference! :p

please spare us your CCR nonsense please. This is about car park, not CCR or OCR.

condonewbie
20-04-14, 23:48
apparently there are 5 levels of car park in my condo, the level 4 and level 5 are mostly empty, approximatly 100 free lots everyday, even on weekend 3am those lots are still free.

Apparently the condo management says that visitor parking overnight got to pay 3 dollar per night :doh:

There isn't such issues until recently they changed the management company. So even if i ask about before i buy the condo, I also can't foresee this will happen

For the toilet case, then I have to let the water leak for the whole night just because somebody thinks its "noisy"?

anyway, any suggestion how can I go about for the management manager? who can help me to make a fair judgement? or just simply "no choice, is like that?!?!":mad:

Simi
20-04-14, 23:58
apparently there are 5 levels of car park in my condo, the level 4 and level 5 are mostly empty, approximatly 100 free lots everyday, even on weekend 3am those lots are still free.

Apparently the condo management says that visitor parking overnight got to pay 3 dollar per night :doh:

There isn't such issues until recently they changed the management company. So even if i ask about before i buy the condo, I also can't foresee this will happen

For the toilet case, then I have to let the water leak for the whole night just because somebody thinks its "noisy"?

anyway, any suggestion how can I go about for the management manager? who can help me to make a fair judgement? or just simply "no choice, is like that?!?!":mad:

believed most time rules can be bent
think in your case if you had informed the management earlier
it might helps because most people like to be respected and for you to get a temporary transponder for 2 weeks before taking your friend's car home

orange
21-04-14, 00:16
I think this is the case which a child has illegally sneak into the condo for a swim and drown herself, after which the parents wanted to sue the condo:scared-5:

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

That is only a technicality.

The parents have to sue the condo in order to obtain compensation from the condo's insurance company.

teddybear
21-04-14, 07:49
Do your place have many "visitors" parking overnight? Strange policy though..............

Ringo33
21-04-14, 08:00
Please go check how many car park lots your J Gateway has vs the number of units.
Then check those luxury CCR condos how many car park lots they have vs the number of units.
premium CCR and cheap-skate OCR, big difference! :p

Why dont you check and tell us instead of always opening your big mouth to brag about your wrong side of CCR.

Ringo33
21-04-14, 08:12

If every units of your project is entitled to 1 lot, then its the MA responsibility to ensure that all these lots are set aside for residents regardless if its occupied or not.

If MA were to give away these reserved lots to residents owning more than 1 car, what is going to happen if residents who doesnt own a car would to get one in future? Which residents who own more than 1 car would voluntarily give up their lots? Perhaps they will be asking WHY ME? why not my neighbor.

DC33_2008
21-04-14, 08:25
There were complaints from residents in condos near neighbourhood where people sneak in to use the condo facilities like gym, swimming pool, etc. Security guards not doing their job.

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

triple70
21-04-14, 08:34
Just because it is a URA/LTA planning requirement to provide 1 lot per unit, it does not automatically lead to an entitlement of 1 lot per unit. Many ppl misunderstand this.

The parking area is a shared facility and the management of the lots is at the discretion of the MCST council, and the MA is simply executing the wishes of the council.

I am sure if there was pre-consultation with the MA, this issue would not have surfaced. Likely, it's the wrong assumption of entitlement that has resulted in this issue cropping up.

Giving the MA the leeway to make discretionary decision will result in accusations of favouritism, corruption etc. Thus.. it is normal for the MA to be very firm on enforcing rules set by the council.

irisng
21-04-14, 08:43
My condo is near to HDB too and is at OCR. We have 390+ units, but not sure how many parking lots we have. We are using IU systems now.

Each resident is allotted 1 parking lot for the 1st car, as for the 2nd car, need to ballot quarterly, successful car owners will have to pay $150 for the quarter. Our management also set aside a revoke list for about 10 cars, in case there need a parking lot for the 1st car (new), this revoke list will be re-balloted and someone will have to give up, this is all agreed.

For my condo, visitors are allowed to park till 11pm only, no over-night parking, otherwise vehicle will be cramped.

I am wondering if for condonewbie's case, if the owner's car has accident and get a temporary replacement from the insurance's company, does this owner still need to pay for his 1st car parking entitlement.

irisng
21-04-14, 08:51
believed most time rules can be bent
think in your case if you had informed the management earlier
it might helps because most people like to be respected and for you to get a temporary transponder for 2 weeks before taking your friend's car home

That's right, is better to inform the management earlier or maybe the residents can brought up this issue during the meeting, afterall every resident is entitled to 1 parking lot.

DC33_2008
21-04-14, 08:52
This will be a serious problem with those new condo development near mrt stn with less than 1 condo- 1 carpark lot. Visitors to the condo will have problem too especially during festive season. :o
My condo is near to HDB too and is at OCR. We have 390+ units, but not sure how many parking lots we have. We are using IU systems now.

Each resident is allotted 1 parking lot for the 1st car, as for the 2nd car, need to ballot quarterly, successful car owners will have to pay $150 for the quarter. Our management also set aside a revoke list for about 10 cars, in case there need a parking lot for the 1st car (new), this revoke list will be re-balloted and someone will have to give up, this is all agreed.

For my condo, visitors are allowed to park till 11pm only, no over-night parking, otherwise vehicle will be cramped.

I am wondering if for condonewbie's case, if the owner's car has accident and get a temporary replacement from the insurance's company, does this owner still need to pay for his 1st car parking entitlement.

RSG
21-04-14, 08:53

Approach the Management Council which comprises reps elected from amongst the Subsidiary proprietors of the condo. You may approach your Block rep or the Chairman of your MC.

DC33_2008
21-04-14, 08:54
I believe this policy would have been tabled in AGM for deliberation and need to be passed. Otherwise, MC or MA cannot just implement overnight.

babyt
21-04-14, 09:17
why cannot fix leaking pipe at night? expect u to waste water the whole night? fixing pipe is not noisy also.

if u bring the plumper from outside to ur house, they wont know also mah?

august
21-04-14, 09:19
This will be a serious problem with those new condo development near mrt stn with less than 1 condo- 1 carpark lot. Visitors to the condo will have problem too especially during festive season. :o

too bad, the whole point for such condos are for them to take the mrt. Visitors will be the least of anyone's concern unless they are your visitors, hehe.

DC33_2008
21-04-14, 09:25
But you must know they are singaporeans and they prefer convenience unless they are mainly rented out. :p
too bad, the whole point for such condos are for them to take the mrt. Visitors will be the least of anyone's concern unless they are your visitors, hehe.

Busypeople
21-04-14, 10:23
why cannot fix leaking pipe at night? expect u to waste water the whole night? fixing pipe is not noisy also.

if u bring the plumper from outside to ur house, they wont know also mah?

The way to deal with pipe leak is to shut down main pipe outside your unit.
If they allowed plumber to work at night then painting should be allowed too and where will the end?

babyt
21-04-14, 10:38
The way to deal with pipe leak is to shut down main pipe outside your unit.
If they allowed plumber to work at night then painting should be allowed too and where will the end?

painting is not urgent compared to leaking pipe. if its big leak then how :scared-5:

anyway i have yet to move in to my 1 bedder. currently still staying in HDB. last time i have a leaking pipe, can just go outside switch off the main pipe no big deal...or maybe condo pipping system is different from hdb.

teddybear
21-04-14, 11:27
So evasive on my question to you? Must be damn terrible for your J Gateway? So I just make a check for your J Gateway:

NO OF UNITS – 738
NO OF CAR PARK LOTS – 595 Basement lots & 5 Handicapped lots

Wow! How to go around like that with 738 condo UNITS and only 595 CAR PARK LOTS??? :doh:

Why dont you check and tell us instead of always opening your big mouth to brag about your wrong side of CCR.

We want to park 3 cars also can!

CondoWE
21-04-14, 11:28
painting is not urgent compared to leaking pipe. if its big leak then how :scared-5:

anyway i have yet to move in to my 1 bedder. currently still staying in HDB. last time i have a leaking pipe, can just go outside switch off the main pipe no big deal...or maybe condo pipping system is different from hdb.

For condo, the utility door can only open by the security or management stuff( office hour). So anything happen, just ring the security and they will come over to open the door for you or the plumber to access to the main tap/pipe.

leftfield
21-04-14, 11:29
So evasive on my question to you? Must be damn terrible for your J Gateway? So I just make a check for your J Gateway:

NO OF UNITS – 738

Wow! How to go around like that with 738 condo UNITS and only 595 CAR PARK LOTS??? :doh:

There's actually a solution around this. Can get yourself handicapped and you literally have access to 5 private lots. :p

teddybear
21-04-14, 11:32
I suppose your "yourself" refers to Ringo33 since he has a unit there. May be that is what he intended to do to be guaranteed a car park lot and hence is not concerned about his estate having 738 units but only 595 car park lots? Or he expected his estate got so many people can't afford a car so not an issue? :o

There's actually a solution around this. Can get yourself handicapped and you literally have access to 5 private lots. :p

NO OF UNITS – 738

Ringo33
21-04-14, 11:43

NO OF UNITS – 738

The Clift Condo in CCR.

Total Units: 312 (1 Block of 43 storey) ( 240 units + 72 units of loft )

Total Parking Lot : 250 lots + 4 lots of commercial
Parking lots are available at S$ 130 a month.

WOW...CCR condo is worst, need to pay $130 per month, thats if you can even get a lot.

Ringo33
21-04-14, 11:51
Espada Condo in CCR

WOW ....232 units only 186 carpark lot?? :doh:

thomastansb
21-04-14, 15:13
Clift carpark not that full. Anyway, residents are guaranteed to get a lot. No issue one.

The Clift Condo in CCR.

Total Units: 312 (1 Block of 43 storey) ( 240 units + 72 units of loft )

Total Parking Lot : 250 lots + 4 lots of commercial
Parking lots are available at S$ 130 a month.

WOW...CCR condo is worst, need to pay $130 per month, thats if you can even get a lot.

thomastansb
21-04-14, 15:15
You need to register your car with the MA first. Tell them it is your car. Then say the car registered under your friend's name. Worst case scenario, put your friend as occupier.

Entitlement is subjective to the unit to lot ratio. And also, on the policies that the members voted. No fixed rule.

Ringo33
21-04-14, 15:15
Clift carpark not that full. Anyway, residents are guaranteed to get a lot. No issue one.

how can residents guaranteed a lot when there are not enough lots for every unit in the development?

I dont expect J Gateway which is located right next to one of Singapore largest transport hub to be full either.

teddybear
21-04-14, 15:52
Very funny, J Gateway not even TOP yet and nobody living in, how you know whether car park will be full and over-occupied and residents have to fight for car park lot or not?

Next to Singapore largest transport hub means car park will not be full? If true, Orchard Residences condo estate don't need their own car park because they are a class of their own, just above Orchard MRT station and surrounded by many shopping malls and O.R. residents can even park at shopping malls' car park! :doh:

Also, what do you mean by "largest transport hub"? Jurong's largest transport hub that 90% of people living in Singapore probably never pass by there in their life vs Orchard where 50% of people will pass by at one time or another?

how can residents guaranteed a lot when there are not enough lots for every unit in the development?

I dont expect J Gateway which is located right next to one of Singapore largest transport hub to be full either.

Ringo33
21-04-14, 16:05
Very funny, J Gateway not even TOP yet and nobody living in, how you know whether car park will be full and over-occupied and residents have to fight for car park lot or not?

Next to Singapore largest transport hub means car park will not be full? If true, Orchard Residences condo estate don't need their own car park because they are a class of their own, just above Orchard MRT station and surrounded by many shopping malls and O.R. residents can even park at shopping malls' car park! :doh:

Also, what do you mean by "largest transport hub"? Jurong's largest transport hub that 90% of people living in Singapore probably never pass by there in their life vs Orchard where 50% of people will pass by at one time or another?

a) Its a known FACT that project with high percentage of MM will have less people driving because most tenant renting such apartment doesnt drive.

b) JE MRT station which just across the street from J Gateway will have NSL, EWL, JRL, CRL and integrated bus interchange when its fully developed. Major transport hub are the words used by PM Lee during his recent comment on HSR.

c) Orchard Residence, is a $4000psf project, and you are using that to compare with J Gateway? GET REAL please!!

Please get yourself updated with FACTS before posting please.

astroboy8681
21-04-14, 17:41
a) Its a known FACT that project with high percentage of MM will have less people driving because most tenant renting such apartment doesnt drive.

b) JE MRT station which just across the street from J Gateway will have NSL, EWL, JRL, CRL and integrated bus interchange when its fully developed. Major transport hub are the words used by PM Lee during his recent comment on HSR.

c) Orchard Residence, is a $4000psf project, and you are using that to compare with J Gateway? GET REAL please!!

Please get yourself updated with FACTS before posting please.

actually nothing wrong what. teddy highlighted J gate does not have 1 to 1 ratio of carpark lots to units and you brought up clift and espada (comparing CCR to OCR first)...

jurong being the largest transport hub also warped logic, go take the train to city centre and you know is city hall / raffles place interchange with hundreds of thousands people daily...

just hope J gate when TOP residents does not have to fight over carpark lots... imagine paying a premium over surrounding estates and yet can't drive back home with peace of mind...

Busypeople
21-04-14, 17:50
actually nothing wrong what. teddy highlighted J gate does not have 1 to 1 ratio of carpark lots to units and you brought up clift and espada (comparing CCR to OCR first)...

jurong being the largest transport hub also warped logic, go take the train to city centre and you know is city hall / raffles place interchange with hundreds of thousands people daily...

just hope J gate when TOP residents does not have to fight over carpark lots... imagine paying a premium over surrounding estates and yet can't drive back home with peace of mind...

Thats not correct. It was Teddybear who first brought up CCR comparison.

Ringo33
21-04-14, 17:58
Government dont develop a new commercial hub in JLD to have people travel to city center.

That is the more illogical statement I have ever heard. enuff said.

proud owner
21-04-14, 18:29
strange that you are not allowed to be driving someone else's car... that is not registered in your name ?

what if you choose NOT to buy car but RENT one on a permanent basis ? still have to pay $3 a night ?

go check if the condo manager drives to work ... if he does ask if he pays $1 per hour for parking in the condo compound ?

Ringo33
21-04-14, 18:37
strange that you are not allowed to be driving someone else's car... that is not registered in your name ?

what if you choose NOT to buy car but RENT one on a permanent basis ? still have to pay $3 a night ?

go check if the condo manager drives to work ... if he does ask if he pays $1 per hour for parking in the condo compound ?

I am sure you get register your veh, you will be allow provided its the first car.

I was told that in some estate some used car dealer even use their carpark to park their used car.

irisng
22-04-14, 08:27
I think your new management has their consideration too. Inorder to safeguard the residents, they don't allow outside cars. What happen if those residents who have no car take this opportunity to let their relatives/friends staying nearby to park their cars inside saying that he is using it, then other residents might not be happy and also hard to control.

But I still think that you should let your management know earlier that you are using your friend's car for a while, afterall you also paid for the mtce fees.

For my case, there was once I checked with my ex-mgt. I said if my friend drove his car here and took our car to Malaysia, can he parked his car inside our condo as he would be using my parking lot. The management replied, can be arranged provided that this is "one to one".

IMHO, some management go by the book, it is very difficult to negotiate with them while some are too easy going, so security might be a problem.

CondoWE
22-04-14, 11:38
I think your new management has their consideration too. Inorder to safeguard the residents, they don't allow outside cars. What happen if those residents who have no car take this opportunity to let their relatives/friends staying nearby to park their cars inside saying that he is using it, then other residents might not be happy and also hard to control.

But I still think that you should let your management know earlier that you are using your friend's car for a while, afterall you also paid for the mtce fees.

For my case, there was once I checked with my ex-mgt. I said if my friend drove his car here and took our car to Malaysia, can he parked his car inside our condo as he would be using my parking lot. The management replied, can be arranged provided that this is "one to one".

IMHO, some management go by the book, it is very difficult to negotiate with them while some are too easy going, so security might be a problem.

From what I know, the management fee already included one lot for each of the household resident but you have to register the car number to the management office regardless the car is rented or owned. One of my neighbour do not have a car but he entitled one resident car park lot for his father's taxi who is a full time taxi driver leh ;).

teddybear
22-04-14, 11:42
Normally, the condo management will not allow leeway when the estate got many leeway problems.
When estate residents are all well-behaved and follow the rules, condo management normally will give lots of "leeway" because they know residents will not be all out to take advantage of the "leeway" they will give..........................

Simi
22-04-14, 12:15
From what I know, the management fee already included one lot for each of the household resident but you have to register the car number to the management office regardless the car is rented or owned. One of my neighbour do not have a car but he entitled one resident car park lot for his father's taxi who is a full time taxi driver leh ;).

If his father is being registered as an occupant
otherwise he may have to use the "soft" approach and negotiate for the lots

condonewbie
22-04-14, 13:46

Thats where i am coming from, but now the problem is i borrow my friend's car instead which i have no proof of me "owning" that car. So now what i will do is get a empty rental form and fill in the details that my friend is renting me the car.

Will also take other friend's comment here to go to the committee and see what they say. But I got a feeling that the condo manager dare to be so fierce perhaps he is somebody of the committee.

Just wondering if he pass himself a rules say the condo manager entitled to a free parking lot then i also LL?

Anyway, thanks to all for comments and feed back.

condonewbie
22-04-14, 13:51
I am sure you get register your veh, you will be allow provided its the first car.

I was told that in some estate some used car dealer even use their carpark to park their used car.

Problem is i went with the transpondant to register the car of my friend then he ask for LTA proof, IC, etc. which then i tell him i don't own it but i borrowed it. Then he says "in this case you have to surrender your transpondant, fill up the form and you are allowed to park for a maximum of 3 days within a month with 3 dollars a day". I say I need to borrow it for my own use for a week, then how? the ans to me is "sorry, cannot. We can't help you. You have no choice". and that reallys annoyed me.:simmering:

Ringo33
22-04-14, 14:10
Problem is i went with the transpondant to register the car of my friend then he ask for LTA proof, IC, etc. which then i tell him i don't own it but i borrowed it. Then he says "in this case you have to surrender your transpondant, fill up the form and you are allowed to park for a maximum of 3 days within a month with 3 dollars a day". I say I need to borrow it for my own use for a week, then how? the ans to me is "sorry, cannot. We can't help you. You have no choice". and that reallys annoyed me.:simmering:

1) If you dont own a car, how did you get a transponder? Did you sell away you previous car and then kept the transponder?

2) FYI, transponder is actually not transferable and its attached to the VRN. So its wrong that you use your old transponder for your friends car.

Just imaging, if left unchecked, residents who sold their car would give or sell away their transponder to their relative to park for free. In a private estate, do you really want to have non residents coming in and out of the estate at will?

DC33_2008
22-04-14, 14:12
It is quite common for MA to demand for the log card when applying for a carpark lot. Otherwise, resident can apply for their friends. Those with carpark crunch has their problem and those with too many empty carpark lots also have their problems. I am attending an AGM this week with the latter problem.

astroboy8681
22-04-14, 14:38
Thats not correct. It was Teddybear who first brought up CCR comparison.

well noted busybody.... welcome to condosingapore.com :D

commercial (or industrial you mean??) hub in JLD where human traffic (white and mostly blue collar) moves in to work and can't wait to get out after work to go shop in city centre.... common sense lah :doh: