PDA

View Full Version : Japanese lifestyle brand Francfranc set to close its two outlets here - See more at:

babyt
20-04-14, 09:19
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/japanese-lifestyle-brand-francfranc-set-close-its-two-outlets-here-201

Just two years in the Singapore market, Japanese lifestyle store Francfranc will close both its outlets here.

On the Francfranc Singapore Facebook account, staff posted a message that read: "Dear Valued Customers, our Management regrets to inform you that we will be ceasing to operate in Singapore by May 2014."

The post added that the 9,300 sq ft store in JCube in Jurong East will close first in April, while the 20,000 sq ft flagship VivoCity store in Harbourfront will shut its doors the following month.

The news is a shock move for the Japanese brand, which had optimistic plans to expand in Singapore when it first started. Known for its chic stylish home furnishings, fabrics, lighting and appliances, the Francfranc stores here were the 22-year-old brand's first foray into the South-east Asian market.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/japanese-lifestyle-brand-francfranc-set-close-its-two-outlets-here-201#sthash.trTUK940.dpuf

smallant
20-04-14, 09:27
Jap clients here on a shoestring budget.. where get $ to support their own brand ?

babyt
20-04-14, 09:30
actually their stuffs are overpriced for the quality. its like japanese version of ikea to me.

yesterday saw a giant black ball ceiling lamp...tot can buy for my new house. less than $100.

leesg123
20-04-14, 09:37
Wrong location. How to survive with common folks as the customer base?

Royston8H
20-04-14, 09:49
The days where we see a lot of jap tourists spending money at orchard road seem over. More affluent Chinese are nowadays.....

Allthepies
20-04-14, 09:53
Sob sob, their stuffs are all very nice but the price tags on the high side....

Wunderkind
20-04-14, 10:02
Another bites the dust.

Makes one wonder if we aren't having too many malls.

Or are these planned in anticipation of the 6.9 m population target?

babyt
20-04-14, 10:34
King and King Wong has also moved out from NEX and no news on the new location.

Probably these lifestyle stores sld just rent a space in warehouse rather than shopping malls like many furniture stores do.

next to go: crate and barrel?? things also ex and atas. :D

soon, all the malls will only serve MCD, KFC, NTUC and all the same same brands. :D

RCT
20-04-14, 11:05

What common folks.. JE will be the next CBD.. Just look at J-Gateway....

Allthepies
20-04-14, 12:13

should shift to east side where all the self-proclaimed "rich" people reside...:D:D

but actually rich people are even more price sensitive, they love to look for bargain

el loco
20-04-14, 12:22
I tot Franc Franc at Jcube also close down? Seem like the atas ppl at jurong CBD also nvr support...haha

star
20-04-14, 13:15
That got to be the lifestyles of Singaporeans here. Most bookstores closed - most people don't like to read, mcdonalds getting more - people like fast food.

Wynyard
20-04-14, 13:38
That got to be the lifestyles of Singaporeans here. Most bookstores closed - most people don't like to read, mcdonalds getting more - people like fast food.

People get hungry, dont eat will die, so got to eat.

Reading is different, people dont read can still survive.

Most of my colleagues stop reading books after they graduated from schools.

RCT
20-04-14, 13:46
People get hungry, dont eat will die, so got to eat.

Reading is different, people dont read can still survive.

Most of my colleagues stop reading books after they graduated from schools.

Now we have ebook so I think less and less people are buying physical books...

babyt
20-04-14, 16:06
bookstores are public library thats why not profitable. :D

Cyberknight
20-04-14, 17:31
The new economy is really taking over.

People buy from Taobao, eBay, Amazon, iTunes.

In fact I buy more magazines ... All in Zinio, ST interactive...

So I go to malls to makan, shop groceries at ntuc

Even I read groceries for high end order from huber butchery, click nespresso app in iPad and the coffee cartridges arrives...

Cyberknight
20-04-14, 17:32
Even 4fingers succumbed to rental spikes, in the end, food panda does e delivery.....

teddybear
20-04-14, 20:41
Oh gosh, JE going to be next CBD still can't support such mid-tier price brand?
I suppose the rest of the same or branded shops will also bite the dust 3-5 years down the right in Jurong? :o

What common folks.. JE will be the next CBD.. Just look at J-Gateway....

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/japanese-lifestyle-brand-francfranc-set-close-its-two-outlets-here-201

Just two years in the Singapore market, Japanese lifestyle store Francfranc will close both its outlets here.

On the Francfranc Singapore Facebook account, staff posted a message that read: "Dear Valued Customers, our Management regrets to inform you that we will be ceasing to operate in Singapore by May 2014."

The post added that the 9,300 sq ft store in JCube in Jurong East will close first in April, while the 20,000 sq ft flagship VivoCity store in Harbourfront will shut its doors the following month.

The news is a shock move for the Japanese brand, which had optimistic plans to expand in Singapore when it first started. Known for its chic stylish home furnishings, fabrics, lighting and appliances, the Francfranc stores here were the 22-year-old brand's first foray into the South-east Asian market.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/japanese-lifestyle-brand-francfranc-set-close-its-two-outlets-here-201#sthash.trTUK940.dpuf

solsys
20-04-14, 20:58
Will TT International's upcoming Habitat franchise suffer the same fate?

onglai
21-04-14, 10:49
hmm... so the rich don't buy from franc franc... so who bought things from them? young exec?

eng81157
21-04-14, 13:09
Oh gosh, JE going to be next CBD still can't support such mid-tier price brand?
I suppose the rest of the same or branded shops will also bite the dust 3-5 years down the right in Jurong? :o

BLASPHEMY! how can you contradict the high and mighty oR(33)acle

Jurong was supposed to huat because of Franc franc (& blue fin tuna & isetan & solar mangrove & blah blah blah)