PDA

View Full Version : Who are the future buyers for Mass market PC/EC?

oops
18-04-14, 11:58
Notice more foreigners are gaining PR and citizenship. Will this increase prime location hdb buyers pool? Foreigners will mostly buy invest grade PC near or city area condo so who are the future carrot head for mass market PC/EC?

Busypeople
18-04-14, 12:32
Notice more foreigners are gaining PR and citizenship. Will this increase prime location hdb buyers pool? Foreigners will mostly buy invest grade PC near or city area condo so who are the future carrot head for mass market PC/EC?

since when did government reopen the flood gate for foreigners?

Arcachon
18-04-14, 12:50
The gate is still open. 533,100 PR from now to 3 years going to buy HDB apartment.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/10257310_10202493191303974_7867916731060885433_o.jpg

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/publications/publications_and_papers/reference/monthly_digest/mdsmar14.pdf

Kelonguni
18-04-14, 12:58
Some say these will become PR to support HDB. Others say these will only support PC in prime location. I say its all round support. We are getting PRs and foreigners at all levels. Moreover, for many OCR PCs or ECs it serves upgrading aspirations by locals.

There isn't a problem anywhere - cannot anyhow use the term carrothead.

oops
18-04-14, 13:16
Location location.

Kelonguni
18-04-14, 13:20
Location location.

Location also means different things to different people. For e.g. best location for a retiree is different from singles from married couples with kids. It's just not the same thing.

If you ask the Chinese the whole of SG is just 1 location.

oops
18-04-14, 13:24
Wonder why newer flats are slashing price while older flat in prime location price still holding.:scared-5:

teddybear
18-04-14, 13:31
As you said, the newer flats are in lousier OCR location which is over-priced in the first place.......... :cheers1:

Wonder why newer flats are slashing price while older flat in prime location price still holding.:scared-5:

Kelonguni
18-04-14, 13:43

There are at least a few more angles to try to understand this.

1. Larger supply versus smaller supply.

2. Lower entry point means lesser interests incurred means can afford to let go at lower price points.

3. Opting to live near parents in matured estates who tend to have entered at lower price points way earlier.

It's not that I don't subscribe to location at all. It's all about cost benefit analysis.

chestnut
18-04-14, 13:46
Location location.

The paradigm has shifted..... Today's location, location, location is different from yesteryears...

And by the way, please look at the ppi (property price index) over the pass 15 years in each location (CCR, RCR, OCR)... All the % increase and decreases are the same leh????

But in each region, some specific sites grow more than others...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tell me if rcr and OCR did not grow at same pace, % wise, as CCR???? Hahahahahaha

oops
18-04-14, 13:52
The fact is price has narrowed. If there is any appreciation, prime location that has absorb the most demand will lead.

Allthepies
18-04-14, 14:19
Singapore is now selecting higher quality foreigners... it is good for our country.. so I guess city centre will have higher demands....condo will have higher demand than hdb.. my 1 cent

astroboy8681
18-04-14, 14:30
The paradigm has shifted..... Today's location, location, location is different from yesteryears...

And by the way, please look at the ppi (property price index) over the pass 15 years in each location (CCR, RCR, OCR)... All the % increase and decreases are the same leh????

But in each region, some specific sites grow more than others...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tell me if rcr and OCR did not grow at same pace, % wise, as CCR???? Hahahahahaha

You're beginning to sound like blackjack with all the hahahhahaha (less the big red fonts)

Has the animosity not subsided since the last sparring?

Kelonguni
18-04-14, 14:56
The fact is price has narrowed. If there is any appreciation, prime location that has absorb the most demand will lead.

This sounds logical.

But do consider that prime prices are still out of reach of the average Joe.

Personally, will consider prime areas for investment and not for living. It's too much of a headache driving in such conditions plus ERP, and it can only get worse by 2030. I avoid Prime areas seven days a week if possible.

Even public transport is tricky in my opinion here.

Kelonguni
18-04-14, 15:01
Singapore is now selecting higher quality foreigners... it is good for our country... so I guess city centre will have higher demands....condo will have higher demand than hdb.. my 1 cent

Actually many of the highly qualified PRs and foreigners I know prefer HDB near workplace. So personally I am not entirely convinced. To run the economy well we definitely need a distribution of different niches and different quality.

Poloclub
18-04-14, 15:57

When you say price has narrowed are you comparing the highest price of one region against lowest price of another region?

Perhaps a more accurate way to compare will be to compare the price band from different region.

e.g.

CCR could be $4000psf (highest) + $1400psf (lowest) / 2 = $2200psf

OCR could be $1900psf (highest) + $700psf (lowest) / 2 = $1300psf

GIG
18-04-14, 21:53

From my observation, you have finally shown positive interest in the property after quite sometime in negativity.
Possibly its a sign of market bottom in general :D

chestnut
19-04-14, 10:45
Double post

chestnut
19-04-14, 10:50
From my observation, you have finally shown positive interest in the property after quite sometime in negativity.
Possibly its a sign of market bottom in general :D

Domt scare me leh.... When the pessimistic become optimistic, I scared leh:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

When everyone is optimistic, it's time for me to take cover....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am always at ease when I see quite a fair bit of pessimistic people in the forum..... At least I know we have not reached the peak of the 'bubble'. Hahahaha

When everyone is optimistic, I believe we reached euphoria.

Pro888
19-04-14, 10:56
Domt scare me leh.... When the pessimistic become optimistic, I scared leh:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

When everyone is optimistic, it's time for me to take cover....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am always at ease when I see quite a fair bit of pessimistic people in the forum..... At least I know we have not reached the peak of the 'bubble'. Hahahaha

When everyone is optimistic, I believe we reached euphoria.

Dun worry, i m still pessimistic. I will inform you once i feel otherwise. :D

Allthepies
19-04-14, 11:12
Ha im always optimistics... im a positive person :) p

chestnut
19-04-14, 11:25
Dun worry, i m still pessimistic. I will inform you once i feel otherwise. :D

Kum Sia.... You will be first warning defense....

chestnut
19-04-14, 11:29
Ha im always optimistics... im a positive person :) p

Read this if you are an optimistic person

http://voxxi.com/2013/04/12/optimist-pessimist-affect-health/

Read this if you are a pessimist

http://voxxi.com/2013/04/12/optimist-pessimist-affect-health/

wt_know
19-04-14, 12:50
PR or not PR ... who want to be "carrot head"? :simmering:

Molotov
20-04-14, 06:07
PR or not PR ... who want to be "carrot head"? :simmering:
I sense bro Minority's presence here..

Ringo33
20-04-14, 07:48

So far, all the expensive $1m HDB flats I know are bought by Singaporeas not PR, so my guess is that most PR will continue to buy affordable HDB in outskirt and mass market condo.

Any property in Singapore that offer good yield and capital appreciation are investment grades.

Sandiwara
20-04-14, 09:06
So far, all the expensive $1m HDB flats I know are bought by Singaporeas not PR, so my guess is that most PR will continue to buy affordable HDB in outskirt and mass market condo.

Any property in Singapore that offer good yield and capital appreciation are investment grades.

I agree that PR will go for PC/EC with $1m budget. Their reasoning is they still can keep the property when they lost their PR and they can use it as Passive income source in the future/their retirement.

oops
22-04-14, 13:06
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/home-sales-recover-142347811.html

creative_vitamin
22-04-14, 14:10
Pawnshop , maxi-cash -> they might be potential white knights for these property types

minority
22-04-14, 14:14
I sense bro Minority's presence here..

looking for Muah?

minority
22-04-14, 14:15
I agree that PR will go for PC/EC with $1m budget. Their reasoning is they still can keep the property when they lost their PR and they can use it as Passive income source in the future/their retirement.

Singaporean all buy this with this mind set. regardless PR or non PR. Who ever is eligible all have this mind set when they buy EC.

Dragonfly
22-04-14, 15:46
I know some PR have converted to SG citizens just to keep their HDB. Then buy PC for own stay and HDB for rental.
Singaporean also do the same thing. Hence, I feel anyone can be the future buyers of PC and EC.

minority
25-04-14, 16:44
I know some PR have converted to SG citizens just to keep their HDB. Then buy PC for own stay and HDB for rental.
Singaporean also do the same thing. Hence, I feel anyone can be the future buyers of PC and EC.

hence HDB is the corner stone of helping many bridging the wealth divide. Those who can use it to help with social mobility. But people also need to focus on education and innovation and hard work not just plain leveraging on property alone. Its one of the assets class not the only assets. Ones best asset is in the skull.

oops
27-04-14, 14:05
Those buy PC/EC located at OCR might as well buy hdb (EA,DBSS,EM) etc.:banghead:

oops
27-04-14, 14:12
EC 3 yrs waiting plus 5 years MOP. OCR PC compete with massive Hdb flats.

Arcachon
27-04-14, 15:02
http://www.btinvest.com.sg/blogs/2013/10/21/where-is-the-excessive-borrowing-pt-2/

chestnut
27-04-14, 16:20
Those buy PC/EC located at OCR might as well buy hdb (EA,DBSS,EM) etc.:banghead:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hdb = 80 %

PC/landed = 20 %

So those who buy OCR landed also :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why???.

Allthepies
27-04-14, 17:00
Many many....

1) HDB upgraders

2) CCR downgraders

3) Those who need to stay in condo but can only afford mass market

And many many more...

oops
09-05-14, 13:20
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/spw-insights/brief-overview-of-the-proportion-of-hdb-dwellers-moving-into-smaller-sized-condominiums/a/163887

oops
09-05-14, 13:21
Summary

We are hopeful that HDB flat dwellers looking to upgrade to newer condominiums will have more bargaining room when negotiating their purchase terms with potential sellers on price terms, as they are relatively newer developments. However, we believe that financing costs are expected to head higher as interest rates look to appreciate. Furthermore, as unemployment rates among Professionals, Managers, Engineers, and Technicians (PMETs) have recently started to rise up, middle class households will be most impacted as budgets get tightened, and housing affordability levels might fall, thus limiting any upgrading plans.

oops
04-06-14, 23:08
The suburbs is becoming the place to be.

The Rest of Central Region saw a strong surge of rental volumes, up by 11.2% yoy, and rental transactions in the area were calculated to make up 37% (around 4,839 leases) of all transactions island-wide, the highest since 2004.

Meanwhile, market condominiums in the Outside Central Region received a 1.5% yoy increase in leases, while the Core Central Region’s leases fell by 1.1% yoy.

“City fringe areas are more appealing than those in other locations,” the report said, explaining that expatriates are balancing tighter rental budgets with accessibility factors.

Here’s more from the report:

In terms of private residential leasing demand by market segment, Savills noted that the yearly proportion of rental transactions in the city fringe areas, or the RCR, has steadily increased and surpassed those in the CCR and OCR since 2012.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/rcr-rent-rental-deals-in-city-fringe-hit-10-year-high#sthash.WdISBW1Z.dpuf

hyenergix
05-06-14, 06:38
For RCR, I suppose rental should get stronger (in terms of volume) as US and EU recover. This should roughly balance the increase in number of rental units available.

Kelonguni
05-06-14, 08:33
RCR huat arh!

DC33_2008
05-06-14, 08:44
It still boils down to the pricing. More than 5.5k rental will be less attractive even for cityfringe.

oops
12-06-14, 14:40
I have a property in Rosewood( D25). I am unable to rent it out for past three months. Can any agent help me out. I am in desperate search of tenant.

Posted by Mr. SAI PRAVEEN on Jun 11, 2014 in Property Agents | 79 Views

Reply from Mr. SAI PRAVEEN - Jun 12, 2014

Hi, My Unit details. 3 Rosewood Drive # 13-05 ----------- Sgd $ 3000/ Month Negotiable Singapore 737935 , D 25 Floor Area : 1,173 sqft ----- 3 Bedroom High Floor This unit also for sale : Expecting Price Sgd $ 1,010,000 I know the general conditions and commissions payable. Please help me in this regard Thanks and Regards Praveen 0091 - 9848418585

amk
13-06-14, 17:35
rosewood so old already....

any brand new OCR condo rental experience ? my feeling is asking is doing 10% down now