I sense a mini revival in RCR and CCR.

what are the signs ? :D

leesg123
15-04-14, 14:48
Why let the cat out!

Newbie1
15-04-14, 22:22
Thought most experts quoted in mass media said CCR & OCR will drop quite a bit.

What is reviving? sales or prices?

newbie11
15-04-14, 23:53

Agree........

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 09:23
bargain hunter has been so busy that i hardly have time to update the CCR thread and totally no time to update the monthly new sales thread. ;) so............:D

chestnut
16-04-14, 09:26
bargain hunter has been so busy that i hardly have time to update the CCR thread and totally no time to update the monthly new sales thread. ;) so............:D

Bro, with absd, will you still buy??? I find it so difficult to swallow leh.... maybe my prop portfolio enough liao... hahahahaha

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 09:27
u got to get back in the market to feel it. there are no significant numbers to back thomas up at the moment and its hard to describe it. u got to check it out yourself. :)

Thought most experts quoted in mass media said CCR & OCR will drop quite a bit.

What is reviving? sales or prices?

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 09:32
thing is, other pple bochap the absd (after prices are discounted >10% off the peak).

u already made it liao mah bro, fully invested with significant prop exposure already. :cheers1:

Bro, with absd, will you still buy??? I find it so difficult to swallow leh.... maybe my prop portfolio enough liao... hahahahaha

chestnut
16-04-14, 09:38
thing is, other pple bochap the absd (after prices are discounted >10% off the peak).

u already made it liao mah bro, fully invested with significant prop exposure already. :cheers1:

bro, agree with you.... if drop 9% = equalization....

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k
In fact cheaper by 10K... hahahahahahaha

OK.... time to relook...

thanks for the trigger to the thinking...

Cheers

I think I go look see look see again :D:D:D:D

been busy with stocks and bonds... hahahaha

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 09:43
let me try to get some new home sales numbers to back thomas up at the monthly new home sales data thread. :cheers1:

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k

OK.... time to relook...

Cheers

Wild Falcon
16-04-14, 10:23
The CCR rental market is really bad, esp with small units now appearing in the heartlands and new type of expats like to immerse in real local culture and not stuck in enclaves etc. So invest at one's own risk. I always believe must look at fundamentals (i.e. cash flows), not just anyhow chase "sentiments". In any case, sentiments is pretty subdued too. And new sales in CCR is pretty much dead - just budget buyers looking at resale. If new launch a slight premium can't move, it says a lot about "upside" of your resale.

Newbie1
16-04-14, 11:07

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k

OK.... time to relook...

Cheers

a lot of people calling for tweaking of ABSD.

what happens if ABSD remains as it is for the next 5 years, so will it be wise to still invest?

If interest remains relatively low <2%, think ABSD impact will not be much bec rental yield will still be better than keeping extra cash in the bank and inflation protection

some people think it is a good time to look at ppty now bec some of the good location units are becoming more negotiable, where as in a hot market, have a pay a huge premium

solsys
16-04-14, 12:04
I don't think ABSD will be tweaked.

CCR will remain low for a while..... SG is already one of the most most expensive cities to live in.

With the tightening of foreigners in SG, this will push them to the suburbs to rent/ live at least until next GE, before deciding on what to tweak.

Government will prop up/hold firm the OCR vacancies first before allowing the most expensive properties to fly.

Gap has to be closed by firming up OCR while CCR, RCR to ease....

Market has cooled and we will see CMI agents quitting to look for full-time careers, jobs which other sectors are complaining manpower shortage.

Once all these are in place, CCR, RCR will be allowed to rise.

The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.

star
16-04-14, 12:19
Buyers are cheonging to commonwealth towers.

star
16-04-14, 12:28
If ABSD is removed today and tomorrow sellers and developers increased price by 5% to 10%, isn't it the same back to the origin. LOL.

star
16-04-14, 12:51

CCR will remain low for a while..... SG is already one of the most most expensive cities to live in.

With the tightening of foreigners in SG, this will push them to the suburbs to rent/ live at least until next GE, before deciding on what to tweak.

Government will prop up/hold firm the OCR vacancies first before allowing the most expensive properties to fly.

Market has cooled and we will see CMI agents quitting to look for full-time careers, jobs which other sectors are complaining manpower shortage.

The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.
This is quite true.

teddybear
16-04-14, 13:21
Hah? Is it govt's job to prop up/hold firm OCR vacancies? :doh:
Let's put it this way,rental properties always get filled up from CCR outwards to OCR. So, asking govt to hold firm OCR vacancies means have to fill up CCR vacancies first. As of now, I heard many people's private properties for rental in OCR (e.g. Sengkang, Punggol etc private properties) got nobody interested! You better ask govt to relax foreigners intake policy! (And, I have no problem getting several offers for my CCR rental properties).

As to your the other statement: "The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.",
this is like telling us that there can't be multi-millionaires and billionaires (lofty ambitions of rich) in SG until the middle class become rich enough? How rich do you need the middle class to be? :banghead:

Ringo33
16-04-14, 13:30
Hah? Is it govt's job to prop up/hold firm OCR vacancies? :doh:
Let's put it this way,rental properties always get filled up from CCR outwards to OCR. So, asking govt to hold firm OCR vacancies means have to fill up CCR vacancies first. As of now, I heard many people's private properties for rental in OCR (e.g. Sengkang, Punggol etc private properties) got nobody interested! You better ask govt to relax foreigners intake policy! (And, I have no problem getting several offers for my CCR rental properties).

As to your the other statement: "The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.",
this is like telling us that there can't be multi-millionaires and billionaires (lofty ambitions of rich) in SG until the middle class become rich enough? How rich do you need the middle class to be? :banghead:

Perhaps you are still living in the past.

Problem with CCR is the lack of amenities and international school and CCR being such a big area, many people forget that not all CCR is prime, and obviously you can see that from the low rental yield.

When expat family come to Singapore, its usually the location of the school transport hub etc that determine where they live no the district number

solsys
16-04-14, 14:55
Decentralizing has been happening....

Tampines and Changi Business Park was successful and they are replicating it all over Singapore.

Government must make the decentralized model succeed otherwise there is NO WAY the infrastructure in CBD, CCR, RCR can accommodate the stress with everyone squeezing in it.

Until these decentralized nodes are in stable condition, i.e. well populated with proper jobs and industries supporting........

Prime Grade A rents for offices are rising..... but why aren't residential units picking up?

Because it's way too expensive..... US, Europe got to recover until they got money to increase these foreigners salaries to hold up the CCR, RCR markets......

Meanwhile, government will need to hold and ensure OCR units are well-populated..... They are halting the developers by slapping them with all the Stamp Duties to slow them down..... else the oversupply will get out of hand..... which already is but the worst effects are diluted.....

Nas
16-04-14, 18:36

Wah cham la, why u so sharp? Now everyone start seeing liao... Start to see gems surfacing le...

Nas
16-04-14, 18:39
u got to get back in the market to feel it. there are no significant numbers to back thomas up at the moment and its hard to describe it. u got to check it out yourself. :)

If got "like" button I will like liao. Agree. Can't describe but if you're in the market, can smell it liao.

relax88
16-04-14, 18:59
Sorry all哥哥姐姐们 can I ask a stupid question please?

why the garmen only give free train ride in the morning for mrt stations in the cbd area:beats-me-man:

why they never give free mrt ride to west, east and north area

Luke65
16-04-14, 19:38
Siao liao... So long as CCR or OCR is performing, sure will trigger JDL defender again. His mouth yanks like the O in his nick again here :D

There are gems coming up of CCR, just look at The sail and discount on V at Shenton, worth to have a look.

He still has not answered what are the benefits that HSR bring to London-Paris and are those benefits replicable to Singapore.

Hey kid, stop stirring in this thread and go google knowledge and share with your kampung kids :tongue3:

solsys
16-04-14, 21:45
Hi government, if you are reading this thread.... please slap hard on those who own multiple properties in CCR.

Tax them higher since they are confident of renting out their units and more so when its the billionaires that are buying..... they won't feel a pinch.....

Taxation of multiple properties should be higher if it exceeds two units, i.e. like double of the 1st and 2nd.

oops
16-04-14, 21:48
Starting from Boon Keng.

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 22:32
fact is, government needs to keep OCR affordable for everyone but they have no obligation to do so for RCR and CCR.

bargain hunter
16-04-14, 22:37
there's an oversupply situation in CCR now, due to the 2007 boom. however, given the poor sales numbers since 2011 for CCR, that situation is being digested.

RCR, feels like only Geylang is facing an oversupply situation in the future.

OCR was undersupplied for years after 2007. However, the bulk of the completions from 2015 onwards is in OCR.

teddybear
16-04-14, 23:18
Isn't it pretty obvious? OCR is going to crash in next 2 years! J Gateway going to TOP just when OCR property prices crashed! By then, surrounding condos selling $800 psf, J Gateway can sell how much? :scared-3:

there's an oversupply situation in CCR now, due to the 2007 boom. however, given the poor sales numbers since 2011 for CCR, that situation is being digested.

OCR was undersupplied for years after 2007. However, the bulk of the completions from 2015 onwards is in OCR.

teddybear
16-04-14, 23:20
So need OCR property prices to crash? Or rather, OCR property prices crash is a side effect when they just wanted to stabilize the price but they just can't control such thing as they like to precision (hence end up crashing the price!) :beats-me-man:

fact is, government needs to keep OCR affordable for everyone but they have no obligation to do so for RCR and CCR.

Newbie1
16-04-14, 23:26

prices in most ccr properties stagnant in past 2 years

for slightly older CCR units, some going 1200-1500pfs, limited downside as cushioned by OCR prices

relax88
16-04-14, 23:44
]Sorry all哥哥姐姐们 can I ask a stupid question please?

why the garmen only give free train ride in the morning for mrt stations in the cbd area:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
17-04-14, 08:45
That is exactly the problem with the crowd following new development in OCR and yet did not look hard enough in the CCR for good deals. :p
prices in most ccr properties stagnant in past 2 years

for slightly older CCR units, some going 1200-1500pfs, limited downside as cushioned by OCR prices

matrix0405
17-04-14, 08:57
Isn't it pretty obvious? OCR is going to crash in next 2 years! J Gateway going to TOP just when OCR property prices crashed! By then, surrounding condos selling $800 psf, J Gateway can sell how much? :scared-3:

J-Gateway $1600, Punggol Watertown $1200. Bishan Habitat now $1300++.

hyenergix
17-04-14, 09:15
Economic forecast has been quite rosy this year. Probably by end 2014 we can see a stability in rental and sales, and a stronger recovery in property market by end 2015.

Afterall, property sales have been declining for about 1 year+ now and latent demand should be building up due to better economic growth and more population.

Q2-Q3 this year is a good time to pick up a bargain if not affected by ABSD.

DC33_2008
17-04-14, 09:29
I was at a seminar yesterday with all the big boys from real estate industry. I was allocated to a table with fund management company (funds from china) and a few chinese investors (Tai Tai Type) with hubbies who are entreprenuers, biz people. etc. They all like Singapore given the good level of security, global environment, proximity to china, etc. They are very positive about their investment (property and other investments) in singapore. :p

blackjack21trader
17-04-14, 09:34
DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS,

your humble but handsome uncle is pleased to announce:

Non-landed private condo is likely to surge 10 to 60% beginning 4 June 2014:

1) Heart of Orchard like Cairnhill : To touch or exceed S$5000psf
2) Rest of Orchard : To exceed S$3000psf
3) Marina Bay Area : To exceed S$3000psf
4) Rest of CCR : To touch or exceed s$2000psf
5) RCR those very near to CCR : To touch or exceed S$2000psf

BELIEVE OR NOT IS UP TO YOU, DUN REGRET !

Very soon, Prime Orchard can hit : S$10,000psf.

Good Luck.

thomastansb
17-04-14, 10:07
Sour grapes. But I should just enjoy my rental in the meantime.

Hi government, if you are reading this thread.... please slap hard on those who own multiple properties in CCR.

Tax them higher since they are confident of renting out their units and more so when its the billionaires that are buying..... they won't feel a pinch.....

Taxation of multiple properties should be higher if it exceeds two units, i.e. like double of the 1st and 2nd.

Luke65
17-04-14, 10:15
I was at a seminar yesterday with all the big boys from real estate industry. I was allocated to a table with fund management company (funds from china) and a few chinese investors (Tai Tai Type) with hubbies who are entreprenuers, biz people. etc. They all like Singapore given the good level of security, global environment, proximity to china, etc. They are very positive about their investment (property and other investments) in singapore. :p

Yes, the property here is very attractive for the rich to park their funds here. Especially to China, why? Because China property lease is only 60 years. So buying 99 LH here is very attractive to them, in addition with the stable SGD.

But many investors here still looking at the historical cycle and govt CM in expectation of a downturn. I think there will be price corrections, but likely to be moderated. Because everytime there is a crisis anywhere, the news always reported "soft landing". Seems like every government has learnt their lesson from painful economic downturn.

At the macro economies and MNC level, many are well capitalised than before and reducing risk from sudden bankruptcy. But this is still a risk to note.

Always do our own due diligence with investment.

solsys
17-04-14, 10:20
Sour grapes. But I should just enjoy my rental in the meantime.

"Meantime"...... lol.... you have plans to exit.....

To other forummers, don't follow blindly and buy from those who wanna offload to you such that you are the last fools who rush in.

CCR, RCR will cool further in next 1-2 years while OCR will hold... i refer to the upcoming regional centres that are undervalued, i.e. not Jurong not Bishan not East side.

Ringo33
17-04-14, 10:26
The land bid price for Prince Charles site and Capitaland lelong will make it hard for any RCR revival.

RCR now is like the neglected middle child that has very little government attention. All major development works are now focusing on OCR and Central Area of CCR.

blackjack21trader
17-04-14, 11:24

1) Heart of Orchard like Cairnhill : To touch or exceed S$5000psf

Good Luck.

It is very obvious many new miss-the-boaters are very fearful of my new announcement as they chose to totally turned a blind eye to this message.

well, you think i talk cork is it ?

look at this carefully and be enlightened :

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_1919_zps5ab44a99.jpg

solsys
17-04-14, 12:17
Different league altogether for the S$4,000psf.

To this league, price doesn't matter.

Ringo33
17-04-14, 12:22
Teddybear, Orchard LH >$4000psf. Hows the other side of CCR doing?

taggy
17-04-14, 12:39
Teddybear, Orchard LH >$4000psf. Hows the other side of CCR doing?

hi Ringo33, i sincerely want to learn from you where exactly is the other side of CCR please :)

is it above dunearn and bukit timah road? :confused:
or left of farrer and adam road? :confused:

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/9305/1ezt.jpg

Allthepies
17-04-14, 13:10

1) Heart of Orchard like Cairnhill :
To touch or exceed S$5000psf

Good Luck.

bro bj u r back...has this got to do with the recent takeover of HPL and the potential redevrlopment there?? : )

Tanjong pagar got potential or not?

Im vested in orchard and tanjong pagar : )

blackjack21trader
17-04-14, 15:27
bro bj u r back...has this got to do with the recent takeover of HPL and the potential redevrlopment there?? : )

Tanjong pagar got potential or not?

Im vested in orchard and tanjong pagar : )

dun worry about it good sister! Both are great locations.

It is very obvious that by now, there will not be any panic sellers in the market.

Therefore, this market is very resilient ( Although i cannot say the same for landed which is likely to CRASH 40% ). Upon seeing such a resiliency, the hawks and the sharks will be watching closely and cheong on the first indication that there is new movement in the market.

MNCs are also discovering that it is more cost effective to house their TRAVELLING managers in the private condos rather than hotels. In the past, the MNCs will book the traveling managers into hotels for short term stay. But it seem that now, it is more cost effective to enter a 2 year lease and rotate the traveling mangers in the same condo unit rather than hotel room.

Good Luck.

k00L
17-04-14, 15:37
Dozen of new tech US companies ( likes of google, facebook, etc) are setting up offices in CBD,
Banks like Barcap, GS are consolidating their base in CBD
New china companies coming to SG and wants only prestige locations for face value

With all high economic value added activities converging in CBD, CCR properties will get fashionable again

dtrax
17-04-14, 15:42
Going off now to see tang dynasty relics in CCR.. better go soon before firesale FOC promo ends in april...

http://www.acm.org.sg/whatsup_image/EDM_CompPass%20_April2014.jpg

k00L
17-04-14, 15:45
I am also seeing a new trend among expats - reverse commuting.
They work in science parks or changi business park but choose to stay in CCR....

relax88
17-04-14, 15:48

oops
17-04-14, 15:56
Now the best time to top up a little more to city area.

Maxim1
17-04-14, 22:36
You can try looking at freehold 2 bedrooms in prime District 9.
All still near record price. Hard to find a cheap and good unit.

Singleton
17-04-14, 22:59
You can try looking at freehold 2 bedrooms in prime District 9.
All still near record price. Hard to find a cheap and good unit.

agree. the drop for some are for the big quantum CCR units, those are beyond reach for most people even if it drops >10-20%

prices can be seen dropping but for 1-2 rooms in excellent locations and facing, still near record prices at least in asking.
unless there is an unexpected urgent sale for personal reasons.

For older and poorer location/facing in CCR, asking prices are definitely more negotiable now

Maxim1
17-04-14, 23:28
The problem for owners in CCR is how to find a replacement unit even if you sell at the bottom now? Doesn't mean you can find another good unit to buy, and that owner wants to sell to you at a good price.

There is very limited stock for freehold, high floors and good location - near orchard, near mrt etc.

The key is that 1-2 bedrooms CCR is still within affordability range for mass affluent. Also with low unemployment and low interest rate, nobody will sell unless price target is met.

oops
18-04-14, 11:01
Location, Location. The closer to city the better especially now the price gap has narrowed.

3centsworth
18-04-14, 11:37

They must have done some studies on the passenger traffic during the peak hours of the morning.

But .... as in all things in life, it is not easy to achieve perfect equilibrium. Something is better than nothing and we should learn to be grateful.

bargain hunter
18-04-14, 18:02
sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ashamed1:;):cheers1::D:)

The problem for owners in CCR is how to find a replacement unit even if you sell at the bottom now? Doesn't mean you can find another good unit to buy, and that owner wants to sell to you at a good price.

There is very limited stock for freehold, high floors and good location - near orchard, near mrt etc.

The key is that 1-2 bedrooms CCR is still within affordability range for mass affluent. Also with low unemployment and low interest rate, nobody will sell unless price target is met.

Juniper
18-04-14, 20:07
Good units in popular projects are rarely put on the market for sale because they are like cash cows or collectors items, that keep generating good and consistent rental return.

This is ever more true now because of all sort of cooling measures which make selling and buying extremely costly and risky. Example will be like SSD, which you are locked in for 4 years, and on top of that you are also hit with shorter loan and smaller loan ratio, and ABSD etc.

Royston8H
18-04-14, 21:31
Usually insiders already chopped those good units, followed by those successful agents....just walk into showroom to pick a retail unit may be too late. :2cents:

propertyhans
03-07-14, 12:25
"Meantime"...... lol.... you have plans to exit.....

To other forummers, don't follow blindly and buy from those who wanna offload to you such that you are the last fools who rush in.

CCR, RCR will cool further in next 1-2 years while OCR will hold... i refer to the upcoming regional centres that are undervalued, i.e. not Jurong not Bishan not East side.

Woodlands right!