PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Rail Terminal Site - Vote Your Choice

Royston8H
10-04-14, 22:24
Hello friends,

This question is interesting because it affects how we are going to invest or travel to Malaysia next time.

Can kindly cast your vote for the benefits of Singaporeans? :rolleyes:

iwantgizmos
11-04-14, 05:17
I vote city centre... convenient for all...

Ringo33
11-04-14, 05:28
Commuters will obviously choose City because its convenient for everyone

But from a strategic and economic point of view, government will obviously choose Jurong East.

I honestly dont think there is anything to debate here because PM Lee has already hinted on Jurong East IF it HSR happens.

xebay11
11-04-14, 09:01
Voted Jurong East as wish list, however I still feel they will finalise with Tuas West.

p3nboy
11-04-14, 09:51
take HSR to KL and move around with Rapid bus?:D:D

CondoWE
11-04-14, 11:16
I voted JE b'cos higher chance but personally prefer Tuas.... :rolleyes:!

Allthepies
11-04-14, 12:10
Either jurong east or city is good for me but I voted for JE

Ringo33
11-04-14, 12:14
Can those voted for Tuas share with us why Tuas?

rymccondo77
11-04-14, 12:51
Ideally City but this option more costly, more difficult and take more time to complete.

Therefore voted for Jurong East - more accessible compared to Tuas.

Ringo33
11-04-14, 21:21
Can those voted for Tuas share with us why Tuas?

HALO!!! those voted for Tuas, can you share to us why TUAS please.

Simi
11-04-14, 21:35

Bro Ringo

its only a Poll

believe if one of the site is Tampines or Bishan
there will be people voting for it

so do not need to take it so seriously la
Just have fun

DC33_2008
11-04-14, 22:11
Result will be out in first quarter in 2015. :p

Ringo33
11-04-14, 22:23
Bro Ringo

its only a Poll

believe if one of the site is Tampines or Bishan
there will be people voting for it

so do not need to take it so seriously la
Just have fun

Analyzing the result of poll is actually the fun part of it.

Like this one here. Why do people vote for Tuas when they can vote for city or Jurong East.

Simi
11-04-14, 22:40
Analyzing the result of poll is actually the fun part of it.

Like this one here. Why do people vote for Tuas when they can vote for city or Jurong East.

at least this is a very fair Poll

if for some one else who did the Poll
the Poll may be like this

1) Tuas West
2) Tuas End
3) at the Tail of Jurong

Royston8H
11-04-14, 22:40
8 reasons why i voted for High Speed Rail Terminal station (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/high-speed-rail-terminal-in-singapore/) at Tuas West. :rolleyes:

leesg123
11-04-14, 23:01
Actually very funny. HSR is not cheap mode of transport. If put at JE, how many residents in JE would use it? I think people in JE would prefer cheaper mode such as coach or CW services or catch a coach in JB.

HSR station should be located where the affluent mass is.

hyenergix
11-04-14, 23:02
More or less decided at Jurong East. But then again HSR may never be built in e next few years, or things get seriously delayed or overblown budget.

Ringo33
11-04-14, 23:20
Actually very funny. HSR is not cheap mode of transport. If put at JE, how many residents in JE would use it? I think people in JE would prefer cheaper mode such as coach or CW services or catch a coach in JB.

HSR station should be located where the affluent mass is.

Hsr is for the masses if Singaporean can't afford it then what about Malaysian ?

leesg123
11-04-14, 23:30
Hsr is for the masses if Singaporean can't afford it then what about Malaysian ?

Masses got different categories leh bro.
Coaches are for the mass masses. HSR are more for the affluent mass.

minority
12-04-14, 00:16
Tuas will be better. Coz Jurong is too crowded liao

Pro888
12-04-14, 00:27
This poll not accurate one. Those have vested interest in Jurong, mostly/ all will vote for JE. Must differentiate between you think & you want/wish. ppl live far far away from these speculated sites should (only should) be more chun.

IMO (only my opinion), makes no different to travel another 15mins or so from JE to Tuas link mrt and how frequent?

Tuas west extension most of the time i assume will be under-utilised. Only cater for 100k working ppl morning & evening peaks. Don't waste tax payers money to run a double line.

MND/URA when they plan, very often a need to engage external party for consultation and propose alternatives. They can't and nobody is able to see what will happen , what changes needed in 15 or 20 years due to changing environment. If pulling a line too far in and also involve another country, very difficult to make adjustment. Too many restrictions & limitations.

The purpose/ intention of Regional Ctrs. The trade figures between the 2 countries in this area of concern?

Who initiate this line?

Ringo33
12-04-14, 07:49
This poll not accurate one. Those have vested interest in Jurong, mostly/ all will vote for JE. Must differentiate between you think & you want/wish. ppl live far far away from these speculated sites should (only should) be more chun.

IMO (only my opinion), makes no different to travel another 15mins or so from JE to Tuas link mrt and how frequent?

Tuas west extension most of the time i assume will be under-utilised. Only cater for 100k working ppl morning & evening peaks. Don't waste tax payers money to run a double line.

MND/URA when they plan, very often a need to engage external party for consultation and propose alternatives. They can't and nobody is able to see what will happen , what changes needed in 15 or 20 years due to changing environment. If pulling a line too far in and also involve another country, very difficult to make adjustment. Too many restrictions & limitations.

The purpose/ intention of Regional Ctrs. The trade figures between the 2 countries in this area of concern?

Who initiate this line?

It seems like many people are vested in Tuas also. Wonder which waterfront condo? Tuas Cove :)

Ringo33
12-04-14, 07:53
Masses got different categories leh bro.
Coaches are for the mass masses. HSR are more for the affluent mass.

Anyone who can afford to travel by budget airline will be able to afford to travel by HSR. For such service, there split into 2 classes, premium and "economy" class cabin offering different level of comfort and space.

For the affluent, they will travel by premium class for sure. Perhaps there might even be first class if they are crazy enough.

hyenergix
12-04-14, 07:56
The AYE and PIE traffic are coming to a crawl at peak hour. This has to be resolved if HSR were to be located there and JLD were to boom further.

Ringo33
12-04-14, 08:05
The AYE and PIE traffic are coming to a crawl at peak hour. This has to be resolved if HSR were to be located there and JLD were to boom further.

LTA is going quite a few things to improve on that

PIE upsizing
ERP on AYE
Flyover bridge along West Coast highway

And most important of all, confine all transhipment activities to Tuas port in future.

Royston8H
12-04-14, 09:11
Bro, PM did said that Jurong East is "very attractive" site for HSR. But now, nobody can really confirm the actual site until when the result is out in 2015 as said by DC.

But before 8 april announcement, nobody ever talk about these three potential sites and many might have thought it is coming from the woodland north side too.

If the site can only be confirmed by 2015, we left only 5 years and this time is not only we need to build a HSR in Singapore but Malaysia will also need time to build a much longer HSR from JB to KL.....

So Malaysia side will have to start running now. That's why they have a confirmed site but we do not have now and until 2015. This is the part that i admire Singapore government....planning and once the site is confirmed, they will make it happen in time.

5 years to build a HSR site is unlike building a normal condo aside the HSR line which cuts into JE or City. For those who dealt with MRT projects will know, they need a lot of professional engineering certified processes to ensure bomb shelter proof. And high speed in HSR will imply further stringent certification is required for sure.

It cant be a normal thomson MRT line which was announced earlier to be completed by 2021 and having our cross country project, HSR to only complete within 5 yrs upon confirmation in 2020.

This is a very challenging poll.

More or less decided at Jurong East. But then again HSR may never be built in e next few years, or things get seriously delayed or overblown budget.

Ringo33
12-04-14, 09:21
Bro, PM did said that Jurong East is "very attractive" site for HSR. But now, nobody can really confirm the actual site until when the result is out in 2015 as said by DC.

But before 8 april announcement, nobody ever talk about these three potential sites and many might have thought it is coming from the woodland north side too.

If the site can only be confirmed by 2015, we left only 5 years and this time is not only we need to build a HSR in Singapore but Malaysia will also need time to build a much longer HSR from JB to KL.....

So Malaysia side will have to start running now. That's why they have a confirmed site but we do not have now and until 2015. This is the part that i admire Singapore government....planning and once the site is confirmed, they will make it happen in time.

5 years to build a HSR site is unlike building a normal condo aside the HSR line which cuts into JE or City. For those who dealt with MRT projects will know, they need a lot of professional engineering certified processes to ensure bomb shelter proof. And high speed in HSR will imply further stringent certification is required for sure.

It cant be a normal thomson MRT line which was announced earlier to be completed by 2021 and having our cross country project, HSR to only complete within 5 yrs upon confirmation.

This is a very challenging poll.

Actually we have already talk about the possibly of hsr located in jld as early as September last year and it does come as a surprise that's it will be west because rts in the north and psa in the west,

Royston8H
12-04-14, 09:30
That's why this is an interesting poll after 8 April official announcement.
We can only vote our choice and to say maybe TW/JE/City.

This is not a salesman talk but just a poll to gather the feedback from all. Do you like to vote for JE to equalise the result now?

Actually we have already talk about the possibly of hsr located in jld as early as September last year and it does come as a surprise that's it will be west because rts in the north and psa in the west,

Ringo33
12-04-14, 09:36
That's why this is an interesting poll after 8 April official announcement.
We can only vote our choice and to say maybe TW/JE/City.

This is not a salesman talk but just a poll to gather the feedback from all. Do you like to vote for JE to equalise the result now?

The link that you posted consist of nothing but salesman talk.

its no different trying to dress up a monkey to look like supermodel.

Royston8H
12-04-14, 09:43
The link i posted is to answer to your question why Tuas West since you kept asking for reasons. Just to make you happy.

I am not a monkey or supermodel or property sales agent or property guru. Just an average Singaporean investor.

Are you a hunk?

Do you like to vote JE here to record your affirmative view?

The link that you posted consist of nothing but salesman talk.

its no different trying to dress up a monkey to look like supermodel.

Ringo33
12-04-14, 10:23
The link i posted is to answer to your question why Tuas West since you kept asking for reasons. Just to make you happy.

I am not a monkey or supermodel or property sales agent or property guru. Just an average Singaporean investor.

Are you a hunk?

I know you have voted for Tuas and its good that you post the link to show your agreement to content of the link instead of keeping silence

Unless you are the blogger behind the "expert" post, if not please dont take my dressing monkey quote personally. And its not directly at person btw, its referring to dress up Tuas to welcome HSR.

Sandiwara
12-04-14, 11:16
Some times the decision may not purely base on Technical and Economic Point of view. If Sultan say that the Bullet train need to pass Johor Bahru City then the Singapore side may terminated in Woodlands. I admin this is only my wishful thinking so please do not flame me.

onglai
12-04-14, 11:24

Are you a hunk?

ps voted je.. i think r33 cant bring himself down to vote the same as him.

:D:D

Sandiwara
12-04-14, 11:49
I vote for TW.
My reasoning is This is Government Project. So if possible I would like to minimize the cost. Because I know what will happen to normal people like me if Government need more money.

Royston8H
12-04-14, 11:54
Actually I m not keeping silence. I just cant be in this forum 24x7 to wait for your question lah. Relax a bit. HSR is not an immediate thing we need to conclude n act upon.

Just only a poll, fren. Hope you can join the fun n more to vote pls.

I know you have voted for Tuas and its good that you post the link to show your agreement to content of the link instead of keeping silence

Unless you are the blogger behind the "expert" post, if not please dont take my dressing monkey quote personally. And its not directly at person btw, its referring to dress up Tuas to welcome HSR.

Simi
12-04-14, 11:58
ps voted je.. i think r33 cant bring himself down to vote the same as him.

:D:D

So where are you going to vote

Little India ? :scared-1::scared-1:

hahahaha

star
12-04-14, 12:05
The best is after sultan sell all land in jb to Singaporeans they say don't want to build HSR. After that iskandar property drop like a rock they buy back the land cheap cheap from singaporeans. Few years later they change the name to islikadar project and market it expensive to singaporeans again. Wow this is how business goes.

onglai
12-04-14, 12:09
So where are you going to vote

Little India ? :scared-1::scared-1:

hahahaha

i dont travel to m'sia... so as long as they dont build the terminal at my backyard can already... gimme some peace...

:p

Simi
12-04-14, 12:22
i dont travel to m'sia... so as long as they dont build the terminal at my backyard can already... gimme some peace...

:p

I do occasional travel up Malacca, KL Fraser Hill, Genting, Cameron, Ipoh and so on and prefer driving than public transport cos can do it at my own sweet time and detour ma, as and when

but by 2020, I don't know if I can still drive :(

To me HSR coming through from the West is already a feather in the cap
due to my biasness (west man mah ) and if terminus will to be in JE, then it would be a big bonus cos it will add to the already huge development taking place right now and to the vibrancy of the whole town

Since PM Lee has made his expression known
I think experts panel now will die die support it even though their view might be otherwise

So JE for me :D

Ringo33
12-04-14, 12:51
I vote for TW.
My reasoning is This is Government Project. So if possible I would like to minimize the cost. Because I know what will happen to normal people like me if Government need more money.

HSR is both a cost and an opportunity for the government and its their job to both manage the projects cost and to exploit the opportunities of this HSR, and for this case, the opportunity cost should out weigh the construction cost.

Tuas might be cheaper to build, but at the same time, it offer very limited opportunity to tap into the potential of HSR as compared to City or JLD

Ringo33
12-04-14, 12:53
Actually I m not keeping silence. I just cant be in this forum 24x7 to wait for your question lah. Relax a bit. HSR is not an immediate thing we need to conclude n act upon.

Just only a poll, fren. Hope you can join the fun n more to vote pls.

Fun comes in different color, shape and sizes, so you kind of fun might not be the same as mine.

Like I said, dont take it the wrong way, I am just asking those who voted for Tuas, why Tuas and not City or JLD.

So relax dont need to sweat.

onglai
12-04-14, 13:00
I do occasional travel up Malacca, KL Fraser Hill, Genting, Cameron, Ipoh and so on and prefer driving than public transport cos can do it at my own sweet time and detour ma, as and when

but by 2020, I don't know if I can still drive :(

To me HSR coming through from the West is already a feather in the cap
due to my biasness (west man mah ) and if terminus will to be in JE, then it would be a big bonus cos it will add to the already huge development taking place right now and to the vibrancy of the whole town

Since PM Lee has made his expression known
I think experts panel now will die die support it even though their view might be otherwise

So JE for me :D

i wonder how realistic is the estimate of 400000trip/day. and does the hsr operate 24hrs?

if only operate 12hrs/day, then it's 33k pple passing by je per hr. dunno will it jam up the already-crowded place or not.

Simi
12-04-14, 13:32
i wonder how realistic is the estimate of 400000trip/day. and does the hsr operate 24hrs?

if only operate 12hrs/day, then it's 33k pple passing by je per hr. dunno will it jam up the already-crowded place or not.

It will benefits many people not just those commuting between KL and Singapore

for example especially those working in KL and live in say Malacca or JB

and also Singaporean can now buy properties not just in JB but further away
Assuming if one buy a property to stay near to one of those STOP
they can now commute daily and what better place if the Singapore terminus were to be situated in JE (commercial hub)
example : Stay in Malacca and work in JE

So 40,000 is highly possible

onglai
12-04-14, 13:55
It will benefits many people not just those commuting between KL and Singapore

for example especially those working in KL and live in say Malacca or JB

and also Singaporean can now buy properties not just in JB but further away
Assuming if one buy a property to stay near to one of those STOP
they can now commute daily and what better place if the Singapore terminus were to be situated in JE (commercial hub)
example : Stay in Malacca and work in JE

So 40,000 is highly possible

wah like dat better go find out where are the station exit at malacca n chope a unit there.
:D

Allthepies
12-04-14, 14:29
wah like dat better go find out where are the station exit at malacca n chope a unit there.

Smart smart ! : )

hyenergix
12-04-14, 14:36
Dont buy too far. JB is just nice. Rem SG is still e centre of finance, high end manufacturing n regional HQ. Prices drop exponentially from e centre.

Royston8H
12-04-14, 14:58
Agreed. Only isjandar jb , penang n kl. Melacca hmm tough.

Reisor
12-04-14, 15:19
Agreed. Only isjandar jb , penang n kl. Melacca hmm tough.

Feel that with HSR, those Penang & Melacca Prop will attract those sg retirees if it's their hometown. Iskandar will attract both Malaysian & sgp working in Sg.

Pro888
12-04-14, 16:03
It seems like many people are vested in Tuas also. Wonder which waterfront condo? Tuas Cove :)

Reply with sense. Refute with facts. If nothing, dun reply for the sake of replying. Dun put a strong front. Can't bring yourself down.:doh:

earthling
12-04-14, 16:06
Ideally in city centre, realistically in JE and possibly in TW. So JE gets my vote! ;)

Ringo33
12-04-14, 16:19
Reply with sense. Refute with facts. If nothing, dun reply for the sake of replying. Dun put a strong front. Can't bring yourself down.:doh:

Dont point your finger at others while your hands are still dirty.

Since you one of those who voted for Tuas, can you let us know why Tuas is better better site for HSR than City and Tuas?

please walk the talk and reply with facts please..

Pro888
12-04-14, 16:37
Dont point your finger at others while your hands are still dirty.

Since you one of those who voted for Tuas, can you let us know why Tuas is better better site for HSR than City and Tuas?

please walk the talk and reply with facts please..

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: Pls refer back and you have no answer to what i have stated and yours are totally not convincing. What Tuas cove???

Promised land - i laugh

Fight until your last breath. You are more than 7-11. :doh:

It will be interesting if admin can provide us with the duration you spend each day at this site. Maybe 2/3 of your life. You got no family, friends???

Paiseh, now gg out liao. Bye n enjoy typing.

Ringo33
12-04-14, 16:54
If you are referring to this post of yours, then i will try my best to response to it point by point

a) You start of by saying this poll is NOT ACCURATE, because those who vest interest n Jurong will vote for JE. So am I now right to say that those who voted for TUAS will also have vested interest in TUAS?

b) In your opinion it makes no different to travel for another 15mins from Jurong East to Tuas. May I know how did you come up with 15mins? According to LTA, the time to travel from Jurong East MRT to Tuas West will take around 30mins.

Even if its 15mins, it will be 15% of the time taken for HSR to reach KL. And it will would be more than 60mins for those travel from East to Tuas West

c) Tuas West station will only be completed by 2016, how do you know so sure that the station will be under utilize before it even started? Isnt this just speculation without facts?

d) In the Land use plan for example, MND are already looking at urban planning beyond 2030 and this include shifting PSA to Tuas, vacant out PLAB, T5, Southern coast cit etc, is that going to change with the change in environment?? And who did they consult prior to making that decision?

I hope you could walk the talk and reply with facts.

Who initiate this line?

DC33_2008
12-04-14, 18:09
Wow TW is leading for now at 6.10pm on 12 Apr 2014. Wonder if this is the final result a year later?;)

Royston8H
12-04-14, 21:50
Yeah, TW is still leading the poll result. Quite tough fight with JE.

But this is just the beginning. No one can really confirm which site until end of Q1 2015. Hope more Singaporeans and property investors to vote their preferred choice of HSR site. :rolleyes:

Wow TW is leading for now at 6.10pm on 12 Apr 2014. Wonder if this is the final result a year later?;)

Ringo33
12-04-14, 22:06
Yeah, TW is still leading the poll result. Quite tough fight with JE.

But this is just the beginning. No one can really confirm which site until end of Q1 2015. Hope more Singaporeans and property investors to vote their preferred choice of HSR site. :rolleyes:

whats the winning odds for Jurong East?

Royston8H
12-04-14, 22:55
You may view the current poll result to see the odds yourself.

None of us can actually confirmed which site and not even those who supposed to do this HSR study by end Q1 2015.

whats the winning odds for Jurong East?

Ringo33
12-04-14, 23:03
You may view the current poll result to see the odds yourself.

None of us can actually confirmed which site and not even those who supposed to do this HSR study by end Q1 2015.

Sometimes votes are driven by emotion not logic. And some have better foresight than the other

Royston8H
12-04-14, 23:09
It does'nt matter which poll result will lead.

But at least we are seeing some holistic views of our fellow forumers and Singaporeans. Not a single view of anyone.

There are always some with better foresight than others.

Ringo33
12-04-14, 23:12
It does'nt matter which poll result will lead.

But at least we are seeing some holistic views of our fellow forumers and Singaporeans. Not a single view of anyone.

I only hear one tuas voter talking. What about the rest?

Pro888
12-04-14, 23:35
If you are referring to this post of yours, then i will try my best to response to it point by point

a) You start of by saying this poll is NOT ACCURATE, because those who vest interest n Jurong will vote for JE. So am I now right to say that those who voted for TUAS will also have vested interest in TUAS?

b) In your opinion it makes no different to travel for another 15mins from Jurong East to Tuas. May I know how did you come up with 15mins? According to LTA, the time to travel from Jurong East MRT to Tuas West will take around 30mins.

Even if its 15mins, it will be 15% of the time taken for HSR to reach KL. And it will would be more than 60mins for those travel from East to Tuas West

c) Tuas West station will only be completed by 2016, how do you know so sure that the station will be under utilize before it even started? Isnt this just speculation without facts?

d) In the Land use plan for example, MND are already looking at urban planning beyond 2030 and this include shifting PSA to Tuas, vacant out PLAB, T5, Southern coast cit etc, is that going to change with the change in environment?? And who did they consult prior to making that decision?

I hope you could walk the talk and reply with facts.

I can see you have tried your best.

B) Provide the source that lta mentioned 30 mins travel time from JE to Tuas West.

1.Allow me to ask you how many stations between these 2 locations or you can use distance calculation. You can use any or both.

2. How many stations from Yishun to Raffles Place or the distance? The time required to travel?

Please provide me with the above and i will slowly tell u the rest. Please do not be selective or skip any of the questions.

ahhock24
13-04-14, 00:37
More land along the rail line will have to make way if build within Jurong or city. When we run out of golf courses to build more malls & condos, one of the day even Bukit Timah Hill has to go.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 05:29
I can see you have tried your best.

B) Provide the source that lta mentioned 30 mins travel time from JE to Tuas West.

1.Allow me to ask you how many stations between these 2 locations or you can use distance calculation. You can use any or both.

2. How many stations from Yishun to Raffles Place or the distance? The time required to travel?

Please provide me with the above and i will slowly tell u the rest. Please do not be selective or skip any of the questions.

I trust you are agreeable to my assessment on (a), (c) and (d)

As for (b) the source of my information, I am sorry, I just made it up. You can certainly click on this link to verify it yourself.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/20110111%20Tuas%20West%20-%20Annex%20B.pdf

hyenergix
13-04-14, 07:49
This mega project will push Malaysia deeper into debt. If the government further cuts back on subsidies and raises taxes, inflation will go up, which will also impact Singapore since we import a lot of goods from Malaysia (assuming same exchange rate).

Malaysia Budget Deficit Shrinks More Than Government Target, Feb 13, 2014
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-13/malaysia-s-budget-deficit-shrinks-more-than-government-targeted.html

If the ringgit weakens substantially, then the jams at 1st and 2nd links will become worse - more Singaporeans/PRs go JB to enjoy cheaper goods and services while more Malaysians come to Singapore to earn the stronger Sing dollar.

Pro888
13-04-14, 16:12
I trust you are agreeable to my assessment on (a), (c) and (d)

As for (b) the source of my information, I am sorry, I just made it up. You can certainly click on this link to verify it yourself.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/20110111%20Tuas%20West%20-%20Annex%20B.pdf

Dun make decision for me leh. Didn't i write i will slowly tell u? Further, i dun need that link. I dun follow blindly and had physically verified myself. Also can u assume that everything u can access thru net information can also be reached by others?

a) Look at your reply. Forumer Simi also said on the biased voting towards JE. Luckily, no Tuas Cove. Otherwise tio accused. That was why i said stay far far away from all 3 speculated sites, voting more zhun. Remember i said you think, you want/wish.

b) Ok. Have more but i stop here.

c) Demographic of that place will not change in the near future. The nature of activities will not change. If future Tengah new town come closer, i will not state that. Schools, HDB estate, shops, markets etc. Lots of movement at different time. I have stated clearly what i meant by under utilised (morning and evening peaks)

d) Generally or broader perspective planning is fine (zoom out). Who dun know masterplan or vision 2030 whatever you call it?
i refer to (zoom in)Reserve sites, land plots that marked Subject to detailed planning and also to many confirmed site (zoned). Example HDB planned something at some sites - occasionally, they will engage 3rd party to access. If there is some impact, amendment/changes will be carried out in the vicinity.
You can find some from URA website
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-maps-plans/master-plans/list-approved-amendments/list-approved-amendments.aspx
The above link is only a fraction of it.

I gain nothing from the above but i lose so much. Time :tongue3:

Pro888
13-04-14, 16:21

If you said i speculate (i given my answer). If you still insist, aren't all of us here speculating generally? If no, provide me with the source on confirmed site.

Wasted too... much time. :tsk-tsk:

hapmalaud
13-04-14, 16:38
Hello friends,

This question is interesting because it affects how we are going to invest or travel to Malaysia next time.

Can kindly cast your vote for the benefits of Singaporeans? :rolleyes:

Are you Wendy Kwek?

lajia
13-04-14, 16:40
If u are making this decision, will u choose a piece of under utilized land (referring to Tuas) to turn it into a gold mine, or to spend much more money to make impossible to possible ( referring to city centre)?? If u are the decision maker who wants to keep the surrounding property price low for the time being, will u say three locations, or straight away stop all speculations and give one location?
The chosen location is pretty obvious, there is no need to speculate if u share my same thinking....;)

To arrive at Sg in 90min, it needs at least 240km/hr. Do u think it is much more expensive to run this underground??? Have u taken the rail from shanghai airport which is 300km+/hr? Or the Shinkansen?? If u have, u would know the force on both side of the train as it runs with full speed. Scary......underground?? I think very unlikely...the noise it self will kill u.

Jurong east?? Hey, the land is very expensive now, better let developer tender at higher price to develop residential and commercial projects....if the station is near to your house, god bless.....the noise will kill u first.

So, where else do u think?? :rolleyes:

Ringo33
13-04-14, 16:50
Dun make decision for me leh. Didn't i write i will slowly tell u? Further, i dun need that link. I dun follow blindly and had physically verified myself. Also can u assume that everything u can access thru net information can also be reached by others?

a) Look at your reply. Forumer Simi also said on the biased voting towards JE. Luckily, no Tuas Cove. Otherwise tio accused. That was why i said stay far far away from all 3 speculated sites, voting more zhun. Remember i said you think, you want/wish.

b) Ok. Have more but i stop here.

c) Demographic of that place will not change in the near future. The nature of activities will not change. If future Tengah new town come closer, i will not state that. Schools, HDB estate, shops, markets etc. Lots of movement at different time. I have stated clearly what i meant by under utilised (morning and evening peaks)

d) Generally or broader perspective planning is fine (zoom out). Who dun know masterplan or vision 2030 whatever you call it?
i refer to (zoom in)Reserve sites, land plots that marked Subject to detailed planning and also to many confirmed site (zoned). Example HDB planned something at some sites - occasionally, they will engage 3rd party to access. If there is some impact, amendment/changes will be carried out in the vicinity.
You can find some from URA website
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-maps-plans/master-plans/list-approved-amendments/list-approved-amendments.aspx
The above link is only a fraction of it.

I gain nothing from the above but i lose so much. Time :tongue3:

a) You start off by saying this poll is NOT ACCURATE, because those who vest interest n Jurong will vote for JE. tio boh?

So am I wrong to say that those who voted for TUAS could also have vested interest in TUAS?

Obviously the answer is NO because there are no residential development around Tuas, so the more likely answer will be, Tuas is like a vote against JLD. Tio Boh?

c) This is the exact words you wrote.

Where did you get the 100,000 figures from? And how did you come out with the conclusion that this station which will be ready in 2016 will be under utilized?

From I was told, at the moment there is already an under capacity for the EW line, so how is that going to help if we load the EW line with HSR?

Why are you switching to talk about demography when the age group of people going to work in Tuas is going to remain unchanged? I mean, some get old retire, new blood will take over..

Appreciate if you could "rebut with facts please, dont reply for the sake of replying"

d) The land use plan clearly look at things beyond 2030 so please dont try to dispute that without facts.

I was also asking you who did MND engage to come up with Masterplan and Landuse plan?

This is what you wrote.

MND/URA when they plan, very often a need to engage external party for consultation and propose alternatives.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 20:26
Personally, i will be more curious where the HSR line will cut into Nusajaya than whether it is landed at TW or JE as i have vested interests at Nusajaya.

Can anyone imagine if Woodland Customs is to be built near Causeway point, what will happen to the residents there? I can envision that they will be horrified by the noises from the motorists. I agree with Lajia on the noise pollution aspect.

If HSR site is at JE, if it is above ground, that's it to JE residents and to the investors there. Read this health study report for HSR impact : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23771419

If HSR site is at JE and underground, it is not too bad but i think it is very tough for this to be a 5 year project to be completed by 2020.

Just browse through some other references in relation to noise impact by HST, http://www.hsr.ca.gov/docs/programs/eir_memos/Proj_Guidelines_SoundFactSht.pdf.

Extracts of HSR impacts are as follow:

Who could be affected by the sound of HST?

The FRA defines three categories of land use activities that should be considered in assessing
the potential effects of HST operations.

• Category 1 - Tracts of land where quiet is an essential element in their intended
purpose. This category includes lands set aside for serenity and quiet, and such land
uses as outdoor amphitheaters and concert pavilions, as well as National Historic
Landmarks with significant outdoor use.

• Category 2 - Residences and buildings where people normally sleep including homes,
hospitals, and hotels where a nighttime sensitivity to noise is assumed to be of utmost
importance.

• Category 3 - Institutional land uses with primarily daytime and evening use including
schools, libraries, and churches, where it is important to avoid interference with such
activities as speech, meditation, and concentration on reading material.

Will hotels, hospitals (ng teng fong hospital), library, schools welcome HSR site to be at JE?

Think further. :doh:

Ringo33
13-04-14, 21:12
I presume you have nothing more to add on what we have discussed and now you are switching to the topic on NOISE.

Thinking further is indeed important here.

If you read the first sentence on page 2, it mentioned that HSR are generally quieter than conventional rail system. So which mean it will be quieter than MRT line.

So if HSR terminus at JLD is going to be underground, then how is that possibly going to affect residents or hospital.

Plus if residents around JLD are used to the NS EW Line MRT track sound, how can the HSR be worst?

Your explanation with FACTS will be appreciated.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 21:42
I guess you like to presume things, dont you? Then it is not quite like a factual guy i thought you will be.

Perhaps you do not know how noisy is noisy to stay near above the ground MRT track. Are all the residents (be it JE or other MRT vincity) have no complaints over MRT noises? I don't believe that.

And If it is above the ground, 2020 still barely possible.

If it is underground, i already commented that it is not too bad. But it will take twice the time/efforts and many times more cost to build HSR.

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/2020-target-high-speed-rail-tough-possible

I presume you have nothing more to add on what we have discussed and now you are switching to the topic on NOISE.

Thinking further is indeed important here.

If you read the first sentence on page 2, it mentioned that HSR are generally quieter than conventional rail system. So which mean it will be quieter than MRT line.

So if HSR terminus at JLD is going to be underground, then how is that possibly going to affect residents or hospital.

Plus if residents around JLD are used to the NS EW Line MRT track sound, how can the HSR be worst?

Your explanation with FACTS will be appreciated.

Simi
13-04-14, 21:47

Opps, find myself in the swimming pool

I am bias yes and that is for the whole of WEST region :D but that PM Lee expression narrow down my Vote to JE

so that itself superseded my biasness as a whole la

When PM speaks
people around do try their best to make it happen

and he had sort of hinted :tongue: :D

Ringo33
13-04-14, 21:50
I guess you like to presume things, dont you? Then it is not quite like a factual guy i thought you will be.

Perhaps you do not know how noisy is noisy to stay near above the ground MRT track. Are all the residents (be it JE or other MRT vincity) have no complaints over MRT noises? I don't believe that.

And If it is above the ground, 2020 still barely possible.

If it is underground, i already commented that it is not too bad. But it will take twice the time/efforts and many times more cost to build HSR aside expensive land cost.

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/2020-target-high-speed-rail-tough-possible

These are all facts, so please dont make sweeping statement that I am presuming things.

Fact No. 1
On page 2 of the article, it mentioned that HSR are quieter than conventional rail system which include MRT.

Fact No. 2
HSR terminus station at JLD will be a underground station, which mean it will be almost impossible to hear the sound of HSR from above.

Fact No. 3
HSR coming from Tuas will most likely to be running along AYE before turning into JLD. Last I check, there are no residential estate along the stretch of AYE.

So based on the above 3 facts can you please explain yourself why NOISE of HSR will be a major concern for residents and workers around JLD? Please use facts instead of sweeping statement.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 22:03
Fact No.1 is provided earlier in my post.

Is Fact No.2 confirmed by you or by anyone?

Is fact No.3 confirmed by you or by anyone?

If No.2 and No.3 are not confirmed, how can these be factual?

Pls explain. Love to hear from you.

These are all facts, so please dont make sweeping statement that I am presuming things.

Fact No. 1
On page 2 of the article, it mentioned that HSR are quieter than conventional rail system which include MRT.

Fact No. 2
HSR terminus station at JLD will be a underground station, which mean it will be almost impossible to hear the sound of HSR from above.

Fact No. 3
HSR coming from Tuas will most likely to be running along AYE before turning into JLD. Last I check, there are no residential estate along the stretch of AYE.

So based on the above 3 facts can you please explain yourself why NOISE of HSR will be a major concern for residents and workers around JLD? Please use facts instead of sweeping statement.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 22:10
Fact No.1 is provided earlier in my post.

Is Fact No.2 confirmed by you or by anyone?

Is fact No.3 confirmed by you or by anyone?

If No.2 and No.3 are not confirmed, how can these be factual?

Pls explain. Love to hear from you.

Fact No. 1 is good enough to show that your concern about noise is unfounded and exaggerated.

MRT noise has got nothing to do with HSR, thats is also a FACT

Fact No. 2 is of course confirm to be underground in land tight Singapore especially if its JLD. If you think otherwise, then should explain to us how it is possible to justify building a terminal above ground. with FACTS of course.

Fact No. 3, if its an elevated track, it will surely be run along AYE to minimize obstruction and unnecessary foot print. Do you have reason to believe otherwise? Could you suggest an alternative elevated route from Tuas West to JLD?

Royston8H
13-04-14, 22:19
Your explanations are all assumptions only based on your own logic, not facts really.

Current facts are confirmation as of now. Your assumptions are your views, right?

No official confirmation at all as of now aside the tender to call for such HSR study has'nt even started.

Fact No. 1 is good enough to show that your concern about noise is unfounded and exaggerated.

Fact No. 2 is of course confirm to be underground in land tight Singapore especially if its JLD. If you think otherwise, then should explain to us how it is possible to justify building a terminal above ground. with FACTS of course.

Fact No. 3, if its an elevated track, it will surely be run along AYE to minimize obstruction and unnecessary foot print. Do you have reason to believe otherwise? Could you suggest an alternative elevated route from Tuas West to JLD?

Wunderkind
13-04-14, 22:20
Opps, find myself in the swimming pool

I am bias yes and that is for the whole of WEST region :D but that PM Lee expression narrow down my Vote to JE

so that itself superseded my biasness as a whole la

When PM speaks
people around do try their best to make it happen

and he had sort of hinted :tongue: :D

I have the same thoughts.

We have to believe that PM Lee has some preliminary first hand information on the feasibility of building the HSR terminal at JE other than the fact that the JE location is the "most attractive option" for tourism and business.

If "business attractiveness" is the only option, then building the terminal in the City will make the most sense. Obviously, the other considerations such as cost, time and technical effort weigh on the "attractive" option. The best compromise , in this case, is somewhere between the 2 extremes.

Simi
13-04-14, 22:35

We have to believe that PM Lee has some preliminary first hand information on the feasibility of building the HSR terminal at JE other than the fact that the JE location is the "most attractive option" for tourism and business.

If "business attractiveness" is the only option, then building the terminal in the City will make the most sense. Obviously, the other considerations such as cost, time and technical effort weigh on the "attractive" option. The best compromise , in this case, is somewhere between the 2 extremes.

Another point is

Malaysia is building the HSR all the way down from KL to NusaJaya
If Singapore were to place the terminus at TW, then I think it is a bit "small gas" ?

So for some political reasons
Singapore must be seen as "doing some work" and "spend some money"

just my 2 cents

Ringo33
13-04-14, 22:36
Your explanations are all assumptions only based on your own logic, not facts really.

Current facts are confirmation as of now. Your assumptions are your views, right?

No official confirmation at all as of now aside the tender to call for such HSR study has'nt even started.

Again, you are making sweeping statement instead of talking about facts. And now you are question the importance of logic??

As I have said, the same article which you posted to try to warn us about the noise effect from HSR is saying that MRT rail system is louder than HSR.

Do you agree with that?

So for JLD, there is already a 6 platforms ELEVATED JE station running (FACTS), so how can HSR noise be a concern for the residents and people working around JLD

Logic is require here, if you dont have them, then its pointless to continue this discussion.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 22:45
Not sweeping statements. At least i dont mix facts with personal views, logic or assumptions. Facts are facts.

You started Facts No 1,2,3 which you cant even confirm now it is indeed the truth for Fact No 2 & No 3.

I can only agree to your fact no 1 which i mentioned earlier. Not more as of now.

Again, you are making sweeping statement instead of talking about facts. And now you are question the importance of logic??

As I have said, the same article which you posted to try to warn us about the noise effect from HSR is saying that MRT rail system is louder than HSR.

Do you agree with that?

So for JLD, there is already a 6 platforms ELEVATED JE station running (FACTS), so how can HSR noise be a concern for the residents and people working around JLD

Logic is require here, if you dont have them, then its pointless to continue this discussion.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 22:47

There are so many things at play for this HSR project, it is not just finding a big enough land and we build it. It has got to consider many other factors.

a) Cost of constructing the track
b) How to incorporate HSR into existing development and infrastructure project like new MRT line
c) How to maximize the economy potential of HSR to help boost Singapore tourism and infrastructural development.
d) How to make it harder for HSR cannibalize on our tourism industry and airport passenger.
e) How to ensure Singaporeans will be in favor of investing in this potential multiple billion dollar project
f) What happen if Malaysia doesnt deliver at their end? e.g delay construction, corruptions, political turmoil etc.
g) Who is going to manage the line and what sort of stake does Singapore has in HSR

Ringo33
13-04-14, 22:49
Not sweeping statements. At least i dont mix facts with personal views, logic or assumptions. Facts are facts.

You started Facts No 1,2,3 which you cant even confirm now it is indeed the truth for Fact No 2 & No 3.

I can only agree to your fact no 1 which i mentioned earlier. Not more as of now.

No point trying to so hard to mix facts logic assumption etc etc.

Bottom line here is, Noise is not an issue for HSR project. Period

If you disagree, then challenge my statement with FACTs.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 22:58
Your bottomline is just want me to agree with you for all the three "facts" which i repeatedly disagreed pls.

Until now, you are'nt even able to confirm what are you trying to say about your facts no 2 & 3 and you are questioning me for the facts.

Come on....

No point trying to so hard to mix facts logic assumption etc etc.

Bottom line here is, Noise is not an issue for HSR project. Period

If you disagree, then challenge my statement with FACTs.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 23:08
Your bottomline is just want me to agree with you for all the three "facts" which i repeatedly disagreed pls.

Until now, you are'nt even able to confirm what are you trying to say about your facts no 2 & 3 and you are questioning me for the facts.

Come on....

Fact 1 2 and 3 are all related to your post about NOISE effect from HSR project.

If you cant even overcome fact 1, then dont waste time talking about fact 2 and 3 because to do that, you will need some common sense and logical thinking.

2) Will JLD station be underground?
3) Will the track run along AYE from Tuas West to JLD?

Again, please dont bother about point 2 and 3 because FACT no. 1 is enough to address your concern about noise.

lajia
13-04-14, 23:11
come step by step:

should an airport be in city to boost business and tourism?
what did Sg gain from this HSR? u think it is Sg idea to built this?
would it be more difficult to go to airport and take a flight to Sg from KL or would be it more difficult to take a flight from SG to KL?
if it is not Sg idea to built a HSR, then again would Tuas be the best option? ;)

those who say HSR is quieter must have not been to Japan where they have most sophisticated train system and shinkansen. if you have experience before, then tell me again if it is still quieter than mrt. :2cents:

built in JE??? where, can you identify the location? JE mrt station nearby? still got space?
do u remember what happen when they dig and dig while building the circle line?

again, make your guess.:2cents:

Royston8H
13-04-14, 23:15
Fact 1,2,3 are your stated facts and reasonings for JE site.
Now, you commented not to bother your fact no 2 and 3?

Noise factor can be easily resolved by implementing it at TW. Personal view only. Not fact pls.

Fact 1 2 and 3 are all related to your post about NOISE effect from HSR project.

If you cant even overcome fact 1, then dont waste time talking about fact 2 and 3 because to do that, you will need some common sense and logical thinking.

2) Will JLD station be underground?
3) Will the track run along AYE from Tuas West to JLD?

Again, please dont bother about point 2 and 3 because FACT no. 1 is enough to address your concern about noise.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 23:17
come step by step:

would it be more difficult to go to airport and take a flight to Sg from KL or would be it more difficult to take a flight from SG to KL?
if it is not Sg idea to built a HSR, then again would Tuas be the best option? ;)

those who say HSR is quieter must have not been to Japan where they have most sophisticated train system and shinkansen. if you have experience before, then tell me again if it is still quieter than mrt. :2cents:

built in JE??? where, can you identify the location? JE mrt station nearby? still got space?

Please give your prime minister come credit.

The idea of Jurong East HSR being "VERY ATTRACTIVE" didnt just pop up in his mind while having dinner with PM Najib. It was a strategic and well thought out location which he and his ministers have discussed about it before the meeting.

If you have never been to Jurong Lake District then dont bother about commenting either.

Ringo33
13-04-14, 23:21
Fact 1,2,3 are your stated facts and reasonings for JE site.
Now, you commented not to bother your fact no 2 and 3?

Noise factor can be easily resolved by implementing it at TW. Personal view only. Not fact pls.

You are now confused Royston. Perhaps it might be time for you to take a break from this discussion.

FACT 1 - Is referring to the article about Noise of HSR vs noise from conventional rail system

FACT 2 - Is talking about noise from underground station vs elevated station

FACT 3 - Is talking about possible elevated track running along AYE and no residential building along that section of AYE.

If Fact no. 1 already address your concern about noise, then dont bother to talk about fact 2 and 3.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 23:24
Agreed. HSR idea was mooted by YTL back in 1990s.

http://themalaysianreserve.com/main/news/corporate-malaysia/5279-kl-spore-high-speed-rail-project-on-track

And in my views, SG need not need to spend as much as Msia because their longer tracks will boost their local economy at 3 JB sites, 1 site each at Negri Sembilan and Malacca. And this is aside to their financial hub at KL.

SG must have agreed as part of Tanjong pagar rail station ownership right exchange and other benefits to the nation.

come step by step:

Simi
13-04-14, 23:26
come step by step:

have these experience

Inside the train = very quiet better than mrt
On the platform = noise is deafening when train approach...usually when train come in from the open into the enclose area
Outside the station = hardly hear the noise

above from many train rides from Shanghai to Ningbo to Wenzhou to Fuzhou to Xiamen :)

top speed 320

lajia
13-04-14, 23:34
hahaha...sorry, didn't know u were there at the dinner...give credit?? give credit for diverting ppl's attention? I am just sharing my opinion, not to go on like that with u...

Please give your prime minister come credit.

The idea of Jurong East HSR being "VERY ATTRACTIVE" didnt just pop up in his mind while having dinner with PM Najib. It was a strategic and well thought out location which he and his ministers have discussed about it before the meeting.

If you have never been to Jurong Lake District then dont bother about commenting either.

Royston8H
13-04-14, 23:37
Fact No. 1

Fact No. 2

Fact No. 3

Yo, above highlighted in red are your assumptions. Below are your quoted possibilities. Not facts pls.

Not being confused but i do agreed with Ringo, time to sleep. :sleep:

You are now confused Royston. Perhaps it might be time for you to take a break from this discussion.

FACT 1 - Is referring to the article about Noise of HSR vs noise from conventional rail system

FACT 2 - Is talking about noise from underground station vs elevated station

FACT 3 - Is talking about possible elevated track running along AYE and no residential building along that section of AYE.

If Fact no. 1 already address your concern about noise, then dont bother to talk about fact 2 and 3.

Simi
14-04-14, 00:09
just some uneducated analysis after reading through the postings by the experts here

Singapore to announce the HSR station next year (2015)
Need time to study ===from now....probably 1 year
Completion of the HSR in 2020 or 2021

if at TW..not much to study except building the station
then plan on how to transport the commuters from Malaysia to various destinations
Therefore possibility is quite slim

if at JE
the time factor seems just right
Need to plan on the route and study on the mode on whether underground and so on

if we look at MCE, it took 5years to complete (2008 ~ 2013)
Therefore the viability is high...HSR complete in 2020 or 2021

if at City
Timing is definitely out

Ringo33
14-04-14, 00:16
just some uneducated analysis after reading through the postings by the experts here

Singapore to announce the HSR station next year (2015)
Need time to study ===from now....probably 1 year
Completion of the HSR in 2020 or 2021

if at TW..not much to study except building the station
then plan on how to transport the commuters from Malaysia to various destinations
Therefore possibility is quite slim

if at JE
the time factor seems just right
Need to plan on the route and study on the mode on whether underground and so on

if we look at MCE, it took 5years to complete (2008 ~ 2013)
Therefore the viability is high...HSR complete in 2020 or 2021

if at City
Timing is definitely out

Jld will be a very interesting and challenging project for lta as now they have to incorporate and inter connect EWL NSL JRL CRL and HSR. It will be a mega transport hub in Singapore.

Simi
14-04-14, 00:25
Jld will be a very interesting and challenging project for lta as now they have to incorporate and inter connect EWL NSL JRL CRL and HSR. It will be a mega transport hub in Singapore.

Yes indeed

that's the reason they need almost 1 year of planning ?,
(announcing 1st Q of 2015)

Therefore other than my biasness
The other factors are

1) Time factor to build
2) Diplomatic reason
3) PM inclination to JE ?

of course above are only my own speculation and analysis

Ringo33
14-04-14, 07:29
Yes indeed

that's the reason they need almost 1 year of planning ?,
(announcing 1st Q of 2015)

Therefore other than my biasness
The other factors are

1) Time factor to build
2) Diplomatic reason
3) PM inclination to JE ?

of course above are only my own speculation and analysis

PM LEE : "I have told (Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak), in Singapore we have three sites possible, but Jurong East is one very attractive one which we are considering," said Mr Lee at the Istana during a roundtable discussion with a group of newspaper editors on Tuesday.

hyenergix
14-04-14, 07:42
Very likely to be JE. Feasibility studies could be centered ard JE n if it is not viable, then they will study Tuas. Given e timeline, it is difficult to conduct detailed studies at 3 sites simultaneously, unless PM Lee throws in a very big team with lots of resources.

Whether HSR will be implemented on full scale remains to be seen as I think Najib has run out of money. He still has RTS at JB n tons of other expensive rail projects in KL. Excessive borrowing n project delay will damage his position further.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 07:55
Very likely to be JE. Feasibility studies could be centered ard JE n if it is not viable, then they will study Tuas. Given e timeline, it is difficult to conduct detailed studies at 3 sites simultaneously, unless PM Lee throws in a very big team with lots of resources.

Whether HSR will be implemented on full scale remains to be seen as I think Najib has run out of money. He still has RTS at JB n tons of other expensive rail projects in KL. Excessive borrowing n project delay will damage his position further.

LTA has already awarded the contract for JRL engineering study,

CIL engineering study tender will close on 21 April 2014, expect to be awarded in Jul/Aug 2014,

HSR tender will close on 19 May 2014, perhaps to be awarded Aug/Sep 2014.

So by Q1 2015, all these engineering study will be finalize and a decision will be made on how JLD terminus station is going run.

Interesting time ahead for Jurong residents. Those invested will rejoice, those who are not might complain that property prices are getting too high

DC33_2008
14-04-14, 08:41
Roy, that person is really stressed by you. May not have slept well last night as the first post from the person was less than 7 hours. :sleep:
Fact No. 1

Fact No. 2

Fact No. 3

Yo, above highlighted in red are your assumptions. Below are your quoted possibilities. Not facts pls.

Not being confused but i do agreed with Ringo, time to sleep. :sleep:

lajia
14-04-14, 10:34
you guys have great imagination to think that HSR station can be at JE...:)
you keep talking about JE, where is there space for such a station? what about traffic? it has to be underground, how to dig??? very very expensive and yet, not sure it is feasible especially if you know where is the lake located.
besides, what is the risk for Mal to shelf this project if fund is insufficient? So for Sg even if we have fund, whats the use of having a station without train??? so we also built something in the middle of JLD and then shelf it?

what about custom? in JE? There is a reason why custom is located at the borders right...

you think the train service will be cheap? for anyone who would like to go KL?
if it is not for everyone, then the best is to corner it to somewhere and near the custom! anyway this is just my opinion...:2cents:

CIL engineering study tender will close on 21 April 2014, expect to be awarded in Jul/Aug 2014,

So by Q1 2015, all these engineering study will be finalize and a decision will be made on how JLD terminus station is going run.

Interesting time ahead for Jurong residents. Those invested will rejoice, those who are not might complain that property prices are getting too high

Ringo33
14-04-14, 11:12
you guys have great imagination to think that HSR station can be at JE...:)
you keep talking about JE, where is there space for such a station? what about traffic? it has to be underground, how to dig??? very very expensive and yet, not sure it is feasible especially if you know where is the lake located.
besides, what is the risk for Mal to shelf this project if fund is insufficient? So for Sg even if we have fund, whats the use of having a station without train??? so we also built something in the middle of JLD and then shelf it?

what about custom? in JE? There is a reason why custom is located at the borders right...

you think the train service will be cheap? for anyone who would like to go KL?
if it is not for everyone, then the best is to corner it to somewhere and near the custom! anyway this is just my opinion...:2cents:

There are actually plenty of land, perhaps you next time to JLD, just drive around to the other side instead of just hanging around at Jurong Gateway.

All the other issue you raise are operational issues which will need to be address by the government, nothing to do with the sites.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/713/ydwl.jpg

lajia
14-04-14, 11:27
hahaha....now I know, your JE is JLD???...also, the reserve sites marked also in JE?? Jurong Country club, the lease is still years to go...ok, u have make your point and I heard it.

There are actually plenty of land, perhaps you next time to JLD, just drive around to the other side instead of just hanging around at Jurong Gateway.

All the other issue you raise are operational issues which will need to be address by the government, nothing to do with the sites.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/713/ydwl.jpg

Ringo33
14-04-14, 11:39
hahaha....now I know, your JE is JLD???...also, the reserve sites marked also in JE?? Jurong Country club, the lease is still years to go...ok, u have make your point and I heard it.

When PM Lee talk about Jurong East of course he is referring to Jurong Lake District, just like when Malaysia say Sungei Bersi, its referring to Bandar Malaysia development.

Golf course are lease of government concern. If it needs to go, it go. Just like part of TMCC courses which was taken away by government for T5. For this case, they might just take it away for few years to facilitate construction.

lajia
14-04-14, 12:40
Sorry, I forgot you are at the dinner...

might as well include boonlay...

When PM Lee talk about Jurong East of course he is referring to Jurong Lake District, just like when Malaysia say Sungei Bersi, its referring to Bandar Malaysia development.

Golf course are lease of government concern. If it needs to go, it go. Just like part of TMCC courses which was taken away by government for T5. For this case, they might just take it away for few years to facilitate construction.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 12:50
Sorry, I forgot you are at the dinner...

might as well include boonlay...

Perhaps you are one of the very few here who are still struggling to understand the objectives of URA Masterplan for JLD.

Btw JLD = Jurong Lake District

square
14-04-14, 13:43
It looks like experts think it would be in Tuas West http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tuas-west-most-viable/1063592.html

Royston8H
14-04-14, 13:44
Haha. Oops. A lot of canon smell. :scared-2:

Roy, that person is really stressed by you. May not have slept well last night as the first post from the person was less than 7 hours. :sleep:

Ringo33
14-04-14, 13:55
I read royston salesman article also got slam in another forum.

Not surprising especially in a forum that people uses logic instead of hot air

teddybear
14-04-14, 13:58
Your salesman articles about JLD are all over the place in this forum and don't know get slam how many times?
If you say you are number 2, nobody can claim to be number 1..................... :banghead:

Ringo33
14-04-14, 13:59

And this is what they wrote.

With all due respect, this has to be one of the most obviously biased pages I've seen in a long time. The blatant speculation agenda here ignores pretty much every single realistic aspect of HSR operations.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 14:00
Your salesman articles about JLD are all over the place in this forum and don't know get slam how many times?
If you say you are number 2, nobody can claim to be number 1..................... :banghead:

Have you figure out where is Jurong gateway?

DC33_2008
14-04-14, 14:01
TW has gone closer to 50%. :p

Ringo33
14-04-14, 14:03

TW is a popular choice for selfish and jealous reasons perhaps. That's why no one except royston come forward to explain why he choose tuas.

lajia
14-04-14, 14:20
I have put my opinion forward but was trashed by an expert who is at the dinner....and was later questioned whether I know JE=JLD. and now even include pandan or Ahmah Ibrahim...:scared-3:

TW is a popular choice for selfish and jealous reasons perhaps. That's why no one except royston come forward to explain why he choose tuas.

lajia
14-04-14, 14:22
I can say, Tuas is 99%!!! :rolleyes::2cents:

Ringo33
14-04-14, 14:28
I can say, Tuas is 99%!!! :rolleyes::2cents:

99% of what?

eng81157
14-04-14, 14:33

experts who put forth tuas are rubbished as amateurs. a forummer who has a differing view gets labelled as salesman. others who disagree with your tunnel vision are considered selfish and jealous?! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

how low can you go? your nonsense is probably the most toxic rubbish to linger in the forum

eng81157
14-04-14, 14:35
I have put my opinion forward but was trashed by an expert who is at the dinner....and was later questioned whether I know JE=JLD. and now even include pandan or Ahmah Ibrahim...:scared-3:

just check his earlier threads - something happens in west coast and pasir panjang = J gateway gaining demand

to someone who equates blue fin tuna to property demand, you can probably see light get sucked and not escaped from the hole between his ears

Ringo33
14-04-14, 14:40
sorry dude, you are now on my ignore list, so I wont know what you are mumbling and i dont wish to know either because nothing come out from you are actually property or investment related.

eng81157
14-04-14, 14:48
sorry dude, you are now on my ignore list, so I wont know what you are mumbling and i dont wish to know either because nothing come out from you are actually property or investment related.

you are telling me for the umpteenth time that i'm on your ignore list. if so, how do you read my thread and why do you respond?

i don't wish to read more of your junk that are really, in essence, junk

Simi
14-04-14, 14:49
Hi Guys

Relax la...just a POLL

玉格格 posted this sometimes ago

Lets learn to let go :)

enjoy this song

谁可改变/李克勤

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxazYTuSS9U&feature=youtu.be

astroboy8681
14-04-14, 14:50
experts who put forth tuas are rubbished as amateurs. a forummer who has a differing view gets labelled as salesman. others who disagree with your tunnel vision are considered selfish and jealous?! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

how low can you go? your nonsense is probably the most toxic rubbish to linger in the forum

like i've said this piece of garbage is the most epic online virus since internet age...

even yowtan is not so detestable... :D

Busypeople
14-04-14, 14:58
I would say Jurong East will be the most likely place for HSR station due to its better connectivity as compare to the tuas site; which is serve only by EWL.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 15:12
I would say Jurong East will be the most likely place for HSR station due to its better connectivity as compare to the tuas site; which is serve only by EWL.

PM Lee used the term transport hub to describe JE I think.

astroboy8681
14-04-14, 15:14

glad you said JE else you would get this reply

"Welcome to condosingapore.com" which has been repeated countless times

Royston8H
14-04-14, 20:44
Assume those are your views and not facts. Do refer to the real facts about Jurong CC's lease and not assumptions again. 21 years lease to go... http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130203_1RSGOLF03_3509726.pdf

Anyway, it does'nt matter because you have confirmed HST to be at JE and underground way before everyone including PM Lee.

Royston8H
14-04-14, 21:22
Disagree with you will become salesman/monkey/supermodel. If i agree with you, what should i turned out to be? Should not condemn people for the sake of condemn.

Below is an article written by propertyguru with Experts' opinions.

Can help to shoot these industry experts down especially on the space & cost required to build an underground terminus/terminal cum maintenance site? Remember, it is not a station pls.

Whether JE got HSR or not, JE will be still vibrant and attractive regardless of PM's hint over JE's attractiveness. Rezoning a suitable place for residential/shopping at TW may be making more economical sense than building a huge underground HSR at JE.

I got a strong feeling (not facts) that PM Lee will not want to put this straight upfront of which HSR site will be. By that time, JE gets on the track and TW benefits from HSR project as well. ;)

p/s: JE voters, no offend pls, just personal views....
--------------

Tuas West the best spot for high-speed rail terminal: experts
PropertyGuru.com.sg (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2014/4/37637/tuas-west-the-best-spot-for-high-speed-rail-termin)

Tuas West is the most feasible location for the upcoming high-speed rail terminal in Singapore, aside from the other two possible locations recently revealed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, which are Jurong East and the city centre, media reports said.

Experts noted that while the area is presently industrialised, Tuas West is the most ideal site for the planned terminal due to its proximity to Malaysia and the greater availability of land.

“As we know Jurong East is further into Singapore. By considering the overall construction cost and also the time involved, to put it at Tuas West definitely will save construction costs and shorten the construction time,” said Lee Der-Horng, Professor from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore.

Another factor that the authorities must look into is the terminal’s link to the rest of the island. In this case, Tuas West is a viable location given the planned expansion of the existing East-West MRT Line into the area.

However, there is a downside. “In Tuas West at the moment, there is no existing population catchment. So next to the malls, the government may actually have to think about rezoning some of the industrial land for residential development,” stated Nicholas Mak, Research Head at SLP International Property Consultants.

Since the terminal and its train maintenance depot will occupy a large site, building the station in Jurong East would be difficult given its built-up location. As for the city centre, the possibility is even slimmer given the high construction costs and lack of available space.

The high-speed rail is expected to be completed by 2020, but the decision on the terminal’s site will be announced “within the next year or so”.

------------------------------

Ringo33
14-04-14, 21:27
Assume those are your views and not facts. Do refer to the real facts about Jurong CC's lease and not assumptions again. 21 years lease to go... http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130203_1RSGOLF03_3509726.pdf

Anyway, it does'nt matter because you have confirmed HST to be at JE and underground way before everyone including PM Lee.

Dont need to assume, because we know Singapore has got this thing call the land acquisition act and whatever lease or FH land you have will still mean nothing if it is needed for infrastructure development.

And Tanah Merah CC is one of the club who has got part of the course taken from them because of Terminal 5.

So please stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 21:32
Royston, someone in the other forum really slam down your post mean and hard. You should be thankful I just say its snake oil salesman talk.

I am sure you must be feeling down and out after reading such comment.

With all due respect, this has to be one of the most obviously biased pages I've seen in a long time. The blatant speculation agenda here ignores pretty much every single realistic aspect of HSR operations.

Royston8H
14-04-14, 21:36
What JCC to acquire if JE is confirmed to be underground by you? Dont need to even kick in the land acquisition acts pls.

Dont need to assume, because we know Singapore has got this thing call the land acquisition act and whatever lease or FH land you have will still mean nothing if it is needed for infrastructure development.

And Tanah Merah CC is one of the club who has got part of the course taken from them because of Terminal 5.

So please stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 21:42
What JCC to acquire if JE is confirmed to be underground by you? Dont need to even kick in the land acquisition acts pls.

Have it ever occur to your that the station could be sitting right below the current JCC land? Or do you think that if they build it underground they can just carve out the entire station below it without affecting the top?

I think this discussion is diverting too far from the NOISE post some pages back and I dont see any need to continue any further.

Royston8H
14-04-14, 21:42
This is just a poll. Why should i feel down pls? Here you go...your assumption habit starts again.

I just merely state my views. Even if JE is a confirmed HSR site, I will be happy for those JE voters including you. My life is not all about JE. But how about you? You all have vested interests there but i dont for TW, JE but CC/East.

Give me a smile pls. :D

Royston, someone in the other forum really slam down your post mean and hard. You should be thankful I just say its snake oil salesman talk.

I am sure you must be feeling down and out after reading such comment.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 21:46
This is just a poll. Why should i feel down pls? Here you go...your assumption habit starts again.

I just merely state my views. Even if JE is a confirmed HSR site, I will be happy for those JE voters including you. My life is not all about JE. But how about you? You all have vested interests there but i dont for TW, JE but CC/East.

Give me a smile pls. :D

Obviously it must hurts when your view and propaganda link were both slam down hard not just here by also other forum. And then to end up talking about HSR noise and even land acquisition act to recover.

Anyway enough of nonsense. Lets get back to FACTS.

Royston8H
14-04-14, 21:48
Ringo, wait pls...dont go away...

Can you at least try to shoot down the experts' opinions from the propertyguru news?

I am sure you will articulate well.

Btw, if you confirmed JE to be underground, JCC is a problem and not the residential/commercial/shopping malls?

Have it ever occur to your that the station could be sitting right below the current JCC land? Or do you think that if they build it underground they can just carve out the entire station below it without affecting the top?

I think this discussion is diverting too far from the NOISE post some pages back and I dont see any need to continue any further.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 21:57

Can you at least try to shoot down the experts' opinions from the propertyguru news?

Btw, if you confirmed JE to be underground, JCC is a problem and not the residential/commercial/shopping malls?

you might want to defend your views in the other forum because they are the one who is really mean to you not me.

This is what they wrote.

hyenergix
14-04-14, 22:10

Nothing to worry about Singapore side. It is the Malaysia side that can have massive budget over-run and delays.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/01/16/meeting-iata-standards-caused-klia2-delay/

teddybear
14-04-14, 22:11
HSR underground? Like that how to complete by 2020?! :banghead:

Ringo33
14-04-14, 22:20

I think its better if you can quote the words from the source rather than messengers because for selfish reasons people can always twist the words and make it to something else.

Like for this case, I did specifically mentioned about elevated track along AYE while station at JLD is underground. For the benefit of teddy, what I am saying is that as the elevated track will be lowered as it nearer to JLD and eventually go underground and to the station. (Does it make sense to you?)

Then again, why is underground HSR not possible? Did PM Lee said that 2020 is do or die date?

Royston8H
14-04-14, 22:21
Only expert Ringo knows. Prof Lee from NUS might be another salesman.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 22:55
Only expert Ringo knows. Prof Lee from NUS might be another salesman.

If you have a strong view about how HSR should be, then you should defend yourself in the other forum not waste your time here

you might want to defend your views in the other forum because they are the one who is really mean to you not me.

This is what they wrote.

Royston8H
14-04-14, 23:00
I dont agree with you and dont need to defend anything.

You need to give yourself a good pad for being nice to many of us in this forum. I start to appreciate what others talk about you though sometimes you articulate well with your facts.

This is what they wrote.

lajia
15-04-14, 07:37
I can't imagine you as a real person in life...what happen to those ppl around you that have to cope with the thinking that u have. quite tough for them must be...

underground station in JE? Can you name me a possibility? Don't give the crap of putting the station at pandan or Ahmad Ibrahim and then says that is JLD...take a good look at the map where the lake is located. drill thru the lake, your house and also Jgateway right?

what rojak mind have you got when you brush aside all opinions except your JE? what do we gain from this project? Do we really need this? why spend so much then? And where is the custom? in JE?? good, just nice for any terrorist act in the middle of thousand of ppl with lots of residential and malls...

come on wake up. I am not defending, and I think JLD has its potential but not the way you have put it so far. ppl see already also piu!

oh yes, like you said, did he say must be that 3 locations???

I think its better if you can quote the words from the source rather than messengers because for selfish reasons people can always twist the words and make it to something else.

Like for this case, I did specifically mentioned about elevated track along AYE while station at JLD is underground. For the benefit of teddy, what I am saying is that as the elevated track will be lowered as it nearer to JLD and eventually go underground and to the station. (Does it make sense to you?)

Then again, why is underground HSR not possible? Did PM Lee said that 2020 is do or die date?

Ringo33
15-04-14, 07:59
I can't imagine you as a real person in life...what happen to those ppl around you that have to cope with the thinking that u have. quite tough for them must be...

underground station in JE? Can you name me a possibility? Don't give the crap of putting the station at pandan or Ahmad Ibrahim and then says that is JLD...take a good look at the map where the lake is located. drill thru the lake, your house and also Jgateway right?

what rojak mind have you got when you brush aside all opinions except your JE? what do we gain from this project? Do we really need this? why spend so much then? And where is the custom? in JE?? good, just nice for any terrorist act in the middle of thousand of ppl with lots of residential and malls...

come on wake up. I am not defending, and I think JLD has its potential but not the way you have put it so far. ppl see already also piu!

oh yes, like you said, did he say must be that 3 locations???

HSR is not about finding the big enough land build it, its about finding a strategic location with exiting infrastructures and good transport connectivity.

I believe I have already shown you a map about the vacant lands available at Jurong Lake District so please do not ask them the same question over again.

And please be logical and focus on the facts instead of relying on personal attack to try to overcome a disagreement.

If you think that JLD has got not enough space for an underground terminus station, then perhaps you could tell us how many hectare of land is required?

eng81157
15-04-14, 08:52
[QUOTE=Ringo33;473362]HSR is not about finding the big enough land build it, its about finding a strategic location with exiting infrastructures and good transport connectivity.
QUOTE]

this only shows how pathetically narrow your vision is. if land space isn't a factor for consideration, then don't need to debate further - city centre trumps jurong hands down

lajia
15-04-14, 09:23
hahaha...spot on, what else can we say. anyway just sharing our opinions....

[QUOTE=Ringo33;473362]HSR is not about finding the big enough land build it, its about finding a strategic location with exiting infrastructures and good transport connectivity.
QUOTE]

this only shows how pathetically narrow your vision is. if land space isn't a factor for consideration, then don't need to debate further - city centre trumps jurong hands down

heehee
15-04-14, 11:01
Reasons why HSR terminal should be at Tuas West:
1) custom clearance issue
2) no reason to duplicate another track when we already has MRT
3) + costs issue for duplication
4) availability of land & future planning issue because HSR tracks once built SG govt can't touch anymore, not like MRT tracks can be relocated as they wish if future development requires.
5) Noise issues. MRT already so noisy that people are complaining! HSR even worst!!!
6) ...... Many more reasons to be at TW!

EBD
15-04-14, 11:23
QUOTE]

What you said.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 11:44
Reasons why HSR terminal should be at Tuas West:
1) custom clearance issue
2) no reason to duplicate another track when we already has MRT
3) + costs issue for duplication
4) availability of land & future planning issue because HSR tracks once built SG govt can't touch anymore, not like MRT tracks can be relocated as they wish if future development requires.
5) Noise issues. MRT already so noisy that people are complaining! HSR even worst!!!
6) ...... Many more reasons to be at TW!

1) immigration is definitely an issue which both Malaysia and Singapore need to address however I dont see why Singapore has to build at Tuas when Malaysia is building it at Iskandar.
And for express service, I was told that HSR train will go from Singapore direct to KL without stopping at Iskandar.

So why it could work for Malaysia but not for Singapore?

2) HSR is call HIGH SPEED RAIL, which mean it is suppose to be fast, hence if we are going to rely on the very busy and crowded EWL MRT to connect to HSR, then the time taken for someone from the East to arrive at Tuas will perhaps be as long as the time taken from Tuas to KL. Does that even make any sense to have a HSR?

3) Cost is relative to economic benefits. In JLD, they could use HSR to further develop JLD and they could further enhance the Singapore tourism industry especially when JLD develop itself into a tourist hub with future attractions etc. With HSR station in JLD, land value around JLD will instantly rise due to heavy human traffic hence whatever cost that is sunken into the rail system could very quickly recovered by selling 99LH land.

To locate it in Tuas, what sort of economic benefits can your get out of it?

4) HSR track and be build along AYE or under AYE hence minimize obstruction and foot print unless you can give a good enough reason why AYE could be remove in future for other purpose.

5) HSR track will run along AYE, which is surrounded by factories, and noise issue can be address with noise barrier if required. Something that has been done around the world.

6) There is of course many more reasons why it should be located in JLD. Such as

a) JLD is a transport hub which offer better connectivity.
EWL, NSL, JRL, CRL and Bus Interchange

b) JLD has got EXISTING hotel, shopping malls, hospital, office buildings, and tourist attractions to attract businesses and leisure travelers to Singapore

Ringo33
15-04-14, 11:46
[QUOTE=eng81157;473367]

What you said.

Please go find someone else for small talks and gossips.

eng81157
15-04-14, 12:40
let me attempt to insult the ignoramus moronicus

) immigration is definitely an issue which both Malaysia and Singapore need to address however I dont see why Singapore has to build at Tuas when Malaysia is building it at Iskandar.
And for express service, I was told that HSR train will go from Singapore direct to KL without stopping at Iskandar.

I was told, at supper and breakfast, that it won't be so

2) HSR is call HIGH SPEED RAIL, which mean it is suppose to be fast, hence if we are going to rely on the very busy and crowded EWL MRT to connect to HSR, then the time taken for someone from the East to arrive at Tuas will perhaps be as long as the time taken from Tuas to KL. Does that even make any sense to have a HSR?

apa ini?! the rail is high speed lah, bodoh. what has that got to do with EWL? if time on EWL is a factor, all the more the terminal should be located in the city.

3) Cost is relative to economic benefits. In JLD, they could use HSR to further develop JLD and they could further enhance the Singapore tourism industry especially when JLD develop itself into a tourist hub with future attractions etc. With HSR station in JLD, land value around JLD will instantly rise due to heavy human traffic hence whatever cost that is sunken into the rail system could very quickly recovered by selling 99LH land.

To locate it in Tuas, what sort of economic benefits can your get out of it?

do i see shopping centres sprouting up around changi airport? no right, but does that have a negative impact on the growth of the local tourism industry right? this is like slapping the face to treat a broken arm - irrelevant.

economic benefits? the same applies to all 3 locations. bodoh lah

4) HSR track and be build along AYE or under AYE hence minimize obstruction and foot print unless you can give a good enough reason why AYE could be remove in future for other purpose.

keep AYE, build in tuas lah

5) HSR track will run along AYE, which is surrounded by factories, and noise issue can be address with noise barrier if required. Something that has been done around the world.

eh eh, macham bodoh! you said underground and now talk about noise barrier? 6 feet worth of soil not sufficient to block off noise? maybe must be like the lobang hitam in your head to suck off sound waves

6) There is of course many more reasons why it should be located in JLD. Such as

a) JLD is a transport hub which offer better connectivity.
EWL, NSL, JRL, CRL and Bus Interchange

city centre got the most bagus connectivity
b) JLD has got EXISTING hotel, shopping malls, hospital, office buildings, and tourist attractions to attract businesses and leisure travelers to Singapore

city centre got everything else that JLD and tuas don't have, to attract tourists.

Luke65
15-04-14, 12:49
For HSR linking Malaysia-Singapore only, the traffic coming from malaysia brings limited benefit.

Malaysian mass tourism dollar to support JDL malls and hotels? This is still not known.

HSR to bring traffic to malaysia? I think at Tuas will make more sense. If i am working at KL, I will look at houses at Emabssy road where it is much grander and less than SGD 1700 psf.

This is true Politics at play to discuss HSR between 2 countries, i'm not at that level to know enough and comment. I give respect credit to PM Lee for his answers with 3 locations.

As a pure poll purpose, i will drop it at City Center with direct link to Marina One.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 13:04
For HSR linking Malaysia-Singapore only, the traffic coming from malaysia brings limited benefit.

Malaysian mass tourism dollar to support JDL malls and hotels? This is still not known.

HSR to bring traffic to malaysia? I think at Tuas will make more sense. If i am working at KL, I will look at houses at Emabssy road where it is much grander and less than SGD 1700 psf.

This is true Politics at play to discuss HSR between 2 countries, i'm not at that level to know enough and comment. I give respect credit to PM Lee for his answers with 3 locations.

As a pure poll purpose, i will drop it at City Center with direct link to Marina One.

Please elaborate what you say please. Because many cities around the world have benefited greatly with HSR. London Paris is one which we all know.

So for KL SIN, why do you think there will be very limited benefits?

If it there is no traffic, why is there so many flights flying between to city each day?

0600 MI
0640 MH
0755 TR
0815 3K
0710 MI
0840 TR
0845 AK
0800 MH
0930 MI
0835 SQ
0910 AK
0925 MI
0945 3K
0945 TR
0950 MH
1015 MI
1030 AK
1105 MH
1140 AK
1155 MK
1215 MH
1250 3K
1250 MI
1300 TR
1330 AK
1340 MH
1410 AK
1445 TR
1535 MH
1610 AK
1615 MI
1635 TR
1700 SQ
1750 3K
1805 MH
1845 SQ
1910 AK
1910 TR
1915 MH
1915 TR
1935 3K
2000 MI
2030 TR
2045 AK
2115 MH
2120 AK
2135 TR
2300 AK

And these are the KUL-SIN flights:

0025 TR
0715 AK
0830 MI
0740 AK
0805 MH
0825 TR
0945 3K
0950 AK
0950 MI
1010 MK
1020 MH
1040 TR
1110 AK
1120 MI
1120 SQ
1125 MH
1205 MI
1220 3K
1235 TR
1245 MI
1255 MH
1300 AK
1340 AK
1445 MH
1530 MI
1535 3K
1540 AK
1600 TR
1725 MH
1730 TR
1825 MH
1830 AK
1900 MI
1945 SQ
1945 TR
2000 AK
2025 MH
2050 AK
2055 3K
2125 SQ
2210 TR
2220 3K
2230 AK
2240 MI
2310 TR

Luke65
15-04-14, 13:10
Please elaborate what you say please. Because many cities around the world have benefited greatly with HSR. London Paris is one which we all know.

So for KL SIN, why do you think there will be very limited benefits?

If it there is no traffic, why is there so many flights flying between to city each day?

Ringo, you misread my comments. I said "Malaysian mass tourism dollar to support JDL malls and hotels? This is still not known."

I did not say there are limited traffic.

Appreciate if you can read before replying :D

You said many cities around the world have benefited greatly with HSR.
1. What are those benefits ?
2. Can those benfits be replicated to Singapore advantage?

EBD
15-04-14, 13:18
[QUOTE=EBD;473384]

Please go find someone else for small talks and gossips.

pls go read my signature

Ringo33
15-04-14, 14:42
Ringo, you misread my comments. I said "Malaysian mass tourism dollar to support JDL malls and hotels? This is still not known."

I did not say there are limited traffic.

Appreciate if you can read before replying :D

Luke I didn't misread what you said just catch no balls about what you saying.

You claim about limited benefit from hsr for singapore and that certainly contradict what our ministers and economists are saying. So you might want to put in some effort to elaborate on what you said.

You mention about Malaysian mass tourism dollar. May I know what is that? Is hsr are going to be a malysian only hsr or will in also bring other tourist to this country? Even if it's Malaysian are Malaysian not spending money in Singapore?

Luke65
15-04-14, 16:40
Luke I didn't misread what you said just catch no balls about what you saying.

You claim about limited benefit from hsr for singapore and that certainly contradict what our ministers and economists are saying. So you might want to put in some effort to elaborate on what you said.

You mention about Malaysian mass tourism dollar. May I know what is that? Is hsr are going to be a malysian only hsr or will in also bring other tourist to this country? Even if it's Malaysian are Malaysian not spending money in Singapore?

Ringo, please justify with facts what you mentioned as benefits and don't divert my questions.

Go elsewhere and talk with kids if you can't answer :D

Ringo33
15-04-14, 16:53
Ringo, please justify with facts what you mentioned as benefits and don't divert my questions.

Go elsewhere and talk with kids if you can't answer :D

The economic benefits of HSR is no secret and neither is it something that is worth disputing because countries around the world are pumping billions of dollar into expanding their high speed rail network.

So please grow up and learn to use google and read up yourself because condosingapore is not an elementary school and neither am I responsible for your lack of economic understanding and global trade.

Bottom line is, dont waste my time and your childish opinion is not important to the success of HSR.

Luke65
15-04-14, 17:00
The economic benefits of HSR is no secret and neither is it something that is worth disputing because countries around the world are pumping billions of dollar into expanding their high speed rail network.

So please grow up and learn to use google and read up yourself because condosingapore is not an elementary school and neither am I responsible for your lack of economic understanding and global trade.

Bottom line is, dont waste my time and your childish opinion is not important to the success of HSR.

The fact is you don't know and depend on google to answer many of the questions posed to you here by many other forummers.

You are just as good as google.

Own up and stop hiding behind the screen like a kid. Go elsewhere, find a bunch of kids and spread your googled knowledge.

Enough said, i have made my point here with your last answer and stop harassing me, as my first posting to this thread is not even addressed to you.

Get the monkey off :D

Ringo33
15-04-14, 17:11
The fact is you don't know and depend on google to answer many of the questions posed to you here by many other forummers.

You are just as good as google.

Own up and stop hiding behind the screen like a kid. Go elsewhere, find a bunch of kids and spread your googled knowledge.

Enough said, i have made my point here with your last answer and stop harassing me, as my first posting to this thread is not even addressed to you.

Get the monkey off :D

If you are knowledgeable enough you should be tell us why you are disputing the economic benefits in HSR because I have already posted enough information about why and how HSR will benefit Singapore and there are endless article on the HSR subject in the media.

Then again, its not my job to convince kids like yourself who is only capable to asking endless stupid questions because you have nothing intelligent to add to the subject.

Want to prove me wrong? go write something that we dont already know. Or perhaps start a thread about property that if of interest to the community here.

Luke65
15-04-14, 17:18
If you are knowledgeable enough you should be tell us why you are disputing the economic benefits in HSR because I have already posted enough information about why and how HSR will benefit Singapore and there are endless article on the HSR subject in the media.

Then again, its not my job to convince kids like yourself who is only capable to asking endless stupid questions because you have nothing intelligent to add to the subject.

Want to prove me wrong? go write something that we dont already know. Or perhaps start a thread about property that if of interest to the community here.

Continue writing to yourself, unless....

Allthepies
15-04-14, 19:55
increasing connectivity definitely increases the business opportunities and development of any city.... so HSR should definitely bring benefits to Singapore just as Changi Airport does

As Singapore government is the expert in making use of connectivity...look at our ports and airport, there a high chance Singapore government can do it for the rail connection

Ringo33
15-04-14, 20:03
increasing connectivity definitely increases the business opportunities and development of any city.... so HSR should definitely bring benefits to Singapore just as Changi Airport does

As Singapore government is the expert in making use of connectivity...look at our ports and airport, there a high chance Singapore government can do it for the rail connection

One thing for sure, with HSR, RWS and MBS will be able to bring train load of gamblers from KL and Malacca to Singapore for gambling.

Allthepies
15-04-14, 20:10
HSR line should terminate near major places of attractions or business centres if the cost is the same to bring more benefits

felicia_sg
15-04-14, 20:10
HSR can also transport goods? Bring goods quickly to Tuas port come 2020! So, make more sense to build HSR at Tuas near port because:
1) very much cheaper to build, can be all above ground and shorter track!
2) better for port business!
3) can make more money with less outlay! Govt must remember they are using tax-payers money to build Singapore side of HSR and they must not duplicate tracks with MRT and waste money!
4) Can bring vibrancy to Tuas and make Tuas even better than JLD in the West! Currently few want to live in Tuas, so a good chance for govt to develop infrastructure there and lure people there and increase the vibrancy there!

If want to bring people to Singapore from Malaysia, might as well terminate at Changi Airport or CBD rather than JE so that airport and CBD got more business!

Ringo33
15-04-14, 20:13
HSR can also transport goods? Bring goods quickly to Tuas port come 2020! So, make more sense to build HSR at Tuas near port because:
1) cheaper to build, can be all above ground and shorter track!
3) can make more money with less outlay!
4) Can bring vibrancy to Tuas and make Tuas even better than JLD in the West! Currently few want to live in Tuas, so a good chance for govt to develop infrastructure there and lure people there and increase the vibrancy there!

If want to bring people to Singapore from Malaysia, might as well terminate at Changi Airport or CBD rather than JE so that airport and CBD got more business!

TROLL ALERT!!!

Allthepies
15-04-14, 20:36
ha I never mention JE... I only say it will benefit more if it is near major attractions or business centre...

Unless u concur that JE is a major attractions or business centre : )

Learner
15-04-14, 21:24
I voted city centre as say having it beside the cruise terminal at marina bay makes great connectivity. Cost wise I know super expensive

Ringo33
15-04-14, 21:56
I voted city centre as say having it beside the cruise terminal at marina bay makes great connectivity. Cost wise I know super expensive

the most likely outcome will be HSR station to stop at JLD and LTA will then construct a separate express line that connect JLD to Marina Bay station. That way, connectivity for HSR will improve and yet the local express line will be open for all commuters.

This is believe will be the most favorable outcome.

Once this happen, property prices around JLD will cheong to infinity and beyond :)

lajia
15-04-14, 22:18
wa...I think there must be something wrong with you. from tuas connect to JLD using EWL u say waste time la, all sorts of nonsense la....then now u say connect from JLD to marina using a express line?? talk is free I know but u also need to use brain la.
no wonder so many ppl vomit blood with u...
die die also must be in JLD. wa....really cant imagine u in person.:scared-1:

the most likely outcome will be HSR station to stop at JLD and LTA will then construct a separate express line that connect JLD to Marina Bay station. That way, connectivity for HSR will improve and yet the local express line will be open for all commuters.

This is believe will be the most favorable outcome.

Once this happen, property prices around JLD will cheong to infinity and beyond :)

Royston8H
15-04-14, 22:39
Ringo,

I realised that there were a few article links from Today (http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/transport/story/high-speed-rail-experts-tip-tuas-west-or-jurong-east-end-point-201404) and CNA (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/tuas-west-most-viable/1063618.html) posted by some forumers in this thread before my post link of Propertyguru (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2014/4/37637/tuas-west-the-best-spot-for-high-speed-rail-termin) article. They are meant the same content to vote for TW HSR site. Until now, I did'nt hear from your expert views against the industry experts. Looking forward to.

The person from S forum that you quoted earlier is just one person who oppose my views to TW. not THEY as you claimed. I thought you are referring to the whole army pointing fingers at me. You are quite threatening really.

Perhaps, let me share what he eventually wrote to me in response to the article of property guru for the benefits of the readers in this thread. I find his opposing views quite ok. At least some decent replies coming out from the person you quoted earlier like some JE voters in this thread. Hai.....i thought it was you actually.

---------------
Let's see.

Quote:
“As we know Jurong East is further into Singapore. By considering the overall construction cost and also the time involved, to put it at Tuas West definitely will save construction costs and shorten the construction time,” said Lee Der-Horng, Professor from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore.

Lee Der Horng said it would be cheaper and faster to build a Tuas terminal. Pardon but I didn't see him saying it would be necessarily better including any other factors. Its the author of the article who twists the conclusion of the statement.

Quote:
However, there is a downside. “In Tuas West at the moment, there is no existing population catchment. So next to the malls, the government may actually have to think about rezoning some of the industrial land for residential development,” stated Nicholas Mak, Research Head at SLP International Property Consultants.
HSR is not an MRT line. You don't need just an HDB town and a mall to get ridership. You need to attract a lot of affluent traffic between focal points of the cities to make it profitable. And that market is very picky about convenience and comfort.

Quote:
Since the terminal and its train maintenance depot will occupy a large site, building the station in Jurong East would be difficult given its built-up location. As for the city centre, the possibility is even slimmer given the high construction costs and lack of available space.
That has to be the first time anybody suggests to build an HSR depot next to the terminal.

Btw, You should thank me that i didnt voting you earlier in the hottest ">>>Ringo 33<<<" poll in CondoSingapore for being cynic, idiot, freeloader or clown. 29 of the forumers polled about you but until now, i didnt and will not.

Just play chess here in this forum. The mass here may continue to drag you out from this forum if you still continue to play Othello. What for.

And this is what they wrote.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 22:42
wa...I think there must be something wrong with you. from tuas connect to JLD using EWL u say waste time la, all sorts of nonsense la....then now u say connect from JLD to marina using a express line?? talk is free I know but u also need to use brain la.
no wonder so many ppl vomit blood with u...
die die also must be in JLD. wa....really cant imagine u in person.:scared-1:

I am sorry. When I came to this forum, I didnt know there are actually so many kids hanging around this forum pretending like they are property investors but behind the computer, they are just a bunch of wankers farting through their nose.

Here is why.

1) If you located HSR at Tuas, the only MRT line that connect to Tuas is EWL, which we know that is already under capacity and it will take 30mins to travel from Jurong East to Tuas alone.

That is 30 MINS!!

30/90 = 33% of travel time from Singapore to KL

2) As we all know that if we locate the HSR station at Marina Bay, we will need to construct a HSR track from Tuas all the way to Marina Bay and that is going to be extremely costly, something which PM Lee already highlighted.

DID YOU READ THE NEWS KID???

And furthermore if it is build as part of HSR, the entire billion dollars track will only be use by HSR passenger?

Does it make any cow sense to you KID???

3) The reason why I say that having an express connection from JLD to Marina Bay is simply a more feasible solution to cut down travel time and still allow general public to use the express connection from JLD to Marina Bay.

If you cant understand what I am saying, its best that you find another forum to hangout and stop wasting my time.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 22:45
Royston,

Sorry that your stupid "expert link" you posted in the other forum got slammed again.

Fortunately in the other forum, they dont have so many trolls to give you all that nonsensical support.

But please dont give up. keep trying, keep creating new forum account and you will be arite!!

teddybear
15-04-14, 22:48
What a joke! Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's look at the preference of forumers who are also voters in Singapore:
Tuas West 42 47.19%
Jurong East 31 34.83%
City Centre 16 17.98%

Above is for the govt's consideration as well in terms of their citizens' opinions........................ :tsk-tsk:

I am sorry. When I came to this forum, I didnt know there are actually so many kids hanging around this forum pretending like they are property investors but behind the computer, they are just a bunch of wankers farting through their nose.

Here is why.

1) If you located HSR at Tuas, the only MRT line that connect to Tuas is EWL, which we know that is already under capacity and it will take 30mins to travel from Jurong East to Tuas alone.

That is 30 MINS!!

2) As we all know that if we locate the HSR station at Marina Bay, we will need to construct a HSR track from Tuas all the way to Marina Bay and that is going to be extremely costly, something which PM Lee already highlighted.

And furthermore if it is build as part of HSR, the entire billion dollars track will only be use by HSR passenger?

3) The reason why I say that having an express connection from JLD to Marina Bay is simply a more feasible solution to cut down travel time and still allow general public to use the express connection from JLD to Marina Bay.

If you cant understand what I am saying, its best that you find another forum to hangout and stop wasting my time.

Royston8H
15-04-14, 22:50
hmm..i am all right. R u?

Still playing Othello...still quote "they" and what trolls except your own trolling here and there. Time for you to go and have a break.

Royston,

Sorry that your stupid "expert link" you posted in the other forum got slammed again.

Fortunately in the other forum, they dont have so many trolls to give you all that nonsensical support.

But please dont give up. keep trying, keep creating new forum account and you will be arite!!

Ringo33
15-04-14, 22:58
What a joke! Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's look at the preference of forumers who are also voters in Singapore:
Tuas West 42 47.19%
Jurong East 31 34.83%
City Centre 16 17.98%

Above is for the govt's consideration as well in terms of their citizens' opinions........................ :tsk-tsk:

I can easily create 50 forum account to vote if I think its important.

So please grow up and behave like an adult instead of a manchild.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 23:01
hmm..i am all right. R u?

Still playing Othello...still quote "they" and what trolls except your own trolling here and there. Time for you to go and have a break.

I am so sorry Royston, your "EXPERT" link for slam down in another forum.

You should just stay within Condosingapore so that they other trolls can protect you from the real world.

EXPERT LINK??

Royston8H
15-04-14, 23:01
I think you are the only one who questioned me i am a phantom account holder in my first few posts. I was amused at that time and just passed on. Now Othello again. OMG.

I can easily create 50 forum account to vote if I think its important.

So please grow up and behave like an adult instead of a manchild.

Ringo33
15-04-14, 23:07
I think you are the only one who questioned me i am a phantom account holder in my first few posts. I was amused at that time and just passed on. Now Othello again. OMG.

Please dont try too hard to be so many people all at the same time, it wont work because you wont have time to operate so many different identities at the same time or talking about the same subject over and over again.

Have you ever wonder, where were you in this forum when the other trolls and bitches were bitching around here? And now that you started bitching, the old bitches are gone.

Grow up, stand up right, dont be a sly worm sneaking around with fake identity.

lajia
15-04-14, 23:09
hahaha....ya now I know your cow sense...maybe we should have acquire a lot of land and shift the changi airport to paya lebar. from changi airport to there also about 30mins.
built a link from tuas to marina, for what? for the gamblers?

anyway, it is amazing to see u talk nonsense thru all formumers. having diff views is ok, but not the way you approach it. ya right, very childish of u. everyone can see....

Here is why.

That is 30 MINS!!

Ringo33
15-04-14, 23:14
hahaha....ya now I know your cow sense...maybe we should have acquire a lot of land and shift the changi airport to paya lebar. from changi airport to there also about 30mins.
built a link from tuas to marina, for what? for the gamblers?

anyway, it is amazing to see u talk nonsense thru all formumers. having diff views is ok, but not the way you approach it. ya right, very childish of u. everyone can see....

I can see a badly defeated kid still trying to talk big here.

Go ask mummy make a cup of hot milk for you and go to bed.

Royston8H
15-04-14, 23:16
You can just ask whoever the admin to ping me. See if i act like an army of responses.

The reason why i did'nt poll against you is i respect your seniority here but you arent to many of us. This is just a poll.

Please dont try too hard to be so many people all at the same time, it wont work because you wont have time to operate so many different identities at the same time or talking about the same subject over and over again.

Have you ever wonder, where were you in this forum when the other trolls and bitches were bitching around here? And now that you started bitching, the old bitches are gone.

Grow up, stand up right, dont be a sly worm sneaking around with fake identity.

Wunderkind
15-04-14, 23:19
I voted JE because PM says it is the "most attractive option".

He has a whole team of committees to figure out how to support his statement. Make the case easy... not need to try so hard to convince pple why not ?:p

lajia
15-04-14, 23:22
that's all u are good at, we can see, not the first time. I am out of here, no point having discussion with low EQ ppl.

again........everyone can see! ;)

I can see a badly defeated kid still trying to talk big here.

Go ask mummy make a cup of hot milk for you and go to bed.

Royston8H
15-04-14, 23:22
Agreed with you to certain extent.

Most attractive and Most Feasible is still quite a distant.

Eventually, when the cost & price is too high to pay, we should not complain and vote against the govt. Its our tax money.

I voted JE because PM says it is the "most attractive option".

He has a whole team of committees to figure out how to support his statement. Make the case easy... not need to try so hard to convince pple why not ?:p

Ringo33
15-04-14, 23:24
You can just ask whoever the admin to ping me. See if i act like an army of responses.

The reason why i did'nt poll against you is i respect your seniority here but you arent to many of us. This is just a poll.

You are just as fanatic about nonsensical poll ss the old bitch in the forum. This is just a poll indeed so why try so hard to go around flashing expert link and get slam on the face?

Ringo33
15-04-14, 23:26
that's all u are good at, we can see, not the first time. I am out of here, no point having discussion with low EQ ppl.

again........everyone can see! ;)

Bla bla bla.....now I see a kid trying to throw stone from a distant.

Royston8H
15-04-14, 23:30
Time to sleep....:sleep:

You are just as fanatic about nonsensical poll ss the old bitch in the forum. This is just a poll indeed so why try so hard to go around flashing expert link and get slam on the face?

Allthepies
16-04-14, 07:33
move on gentlemen.... whether it is Tuas, JLD or City, Singapore on the whole will benefit..:doh::doh::doh:

rook
16-04-14, 09:42
move on gentlemen.... whether it is Tuas, JLD or City, Singapore on the whole will benefit..:doh::doh::doh:

Royston Sim | The Straits Times | Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014

After the first study on the proposed high-speed rail link is completed in the first quarter of next year, a second one will be conducted to delve into the specifics of the project.

This second, detailed architectural and engineering study will examine where to locate the high-speed rail terminal, its entrances and how it should be built.

It will also, among other things, propose construction methods for the rail line such as what tunnelling method to adopt should the line go underground.

A Land Transport Authority (LTA) spokesman told The Straits Times the first engineering study will provide the "required baseline information" for the consultant to carry out the second one.

After the second study ends, both countries will have to carry out bilateral discussions before deciding on various aspects of the project, she said.

This will include the project design, security provisions and governance models.

Last Friday, the LTA had called for an engineering feasibility study on the three proposed sites for a high-speed rail terminal here.

Besides deciding between Tuas West, Jurong East and the city centre, the LTA must also settle on whether the rail line should have a mix of elevated, at-grade or underground sections.

Other issues such as financing and immigration will have to be worked out, and land acquired if necessary.

After these details are finalised, the two governments are expected to call an international tender to invite parties to bid for the project, which has an ambitious completion date of 2020.

Professor Lee Der Horng, a transport researcher from the National University of Singapore, reckons a key challenge will be deciding on a financing model for the multibillion-dollar project.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has previously said that the project is likely to be built as a public-private partnership.

Prof Lee said this could take the form of a build-operate-transfer model, where a private entity is granted permission to finance, design, construct and operate the line for a fixed period.

Taiwan's high-speed rail line was built under this arrangement, with winning bidder Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation promising then that the system would be built without government funds.

However, the company ran into financial problems, forcing the Taiwanese government to step in and bail it out. Thus great care must be taken in making financial arrangements, Prof Lee said.

He noted that calling a tender to construct the line will also take some time: "It will take a lot of work just to prepare the tender documents. It requires a lot of expertise and experience."

This article was published on April 14 in The Straits Times.
- See more at: http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/high-speed-rail-key-decisions-lie-ahead#sthash.XNeqo74D.dpuf

Ringo33
16-04-14, 12:17
Time to sleep....:sleep:

Please don't pollute your nonsense to the other forum lah. If you can't even convince kids here don't bother venture out

Royston8H
16-04-14, 21:04
Agree. Singapore on the whole to benefit.

:) :) :)

Royston8H
16-04-14, 21:33
Extracted part of the recent tender document with the key objectives laid down as follow:

1. To determine a suitable HSR corridor of approximately 30km within Singapore

2. To compare the different HSR systems available and recommend a suitable HSR system

3. Develop travel pattern and transportation connectivity and design of corresponding supporting buildings such as (but not limited to) station, CIQ facilities buildings and Multi-Modal Transport Hubs (MTH)

4. To study the impact of the surroundings including those to the existing transport facilities arising from the proposed schemes, and propose solutions to address the impact to ensure good connectivity; and

5. To evaluate each of the proposed schemes based on technical, operational, maintenance, environmental, security, safety, cost, and any other aspects where appropriate as advised by the authority.

For Sharing. :)

This study should cover the possibilities of having HSR terminal for each of the three locations.

Ringo33
17-04-14, 09:51
If you want to share tender document, please the whole thing and not cherry pick bits of it to share.

i have seen the document and I am pretty sure it will not be Tuas.

btw MTH has got nothing to do with PSA port

hyenergix
17-04-14, 09:56
If you want to share tender document, please the whole thing and not cherry pick bits of it to share.

You should bid for the feasibility study contract, and recommend JE.

hapmalaud
17-04-14, 14:19
Royston, what is your relationship with Wendy Kwek?

http://www.wendykwek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/wendy-kwek.jpg

Royston8H
17-04-14, 22:54
You see what i see. Not sure if it is legally right to show it all publicly.

But I am sure that the way it is written covers all the possibilities for the three sites and who ever is going to win the tender will need to suggest the best solution with pros and cons of these sites.

May be eventually use HSR solution from Siemens.

In my opinion, Tuas PSA should be competing with tanjong Pelepas. The govt must have a good plan to develop Tuas as a regional logistic hub to justify its move from tanjong pagar port terminal.

Why can't TW be multi-modal transportation hub?

Tuas PSA hub to HSR to iskandar
Tuas HSR to KL via iskandar
Tuas HSR to EW33

As a shining star, JE can certainly be one of the possibilities too. It does not need HSR to grow but Tuas needs such opportunities.

Royston8H
17-04-14, 22:59
First knew Wendy was a few years back. She is one of my sifus.
Admired her from broke to owning over 100 properties. That's the inspiration to me personally.

Royston, what is your relationship with Wendy Kwek?

http://www.wendykwek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/wendy-kwek.jpg

Luke65
17-04-14, 23:07
You should bid for the feasibility study contract, and recommend JE.

His recommendation is already on this thread, FOC to LTA. Just missing the bit to explain what are those benefits from HSR in London-Paris and if those benefits are replicable to Singapore.

Busypeople
18-04-14, 12:28
His recommendation is already on this thread, FOC to LTA. Just missing the bit to explain what are those benefits from HSR in London-Paris and if those benefits are replicable to Singapore.

Do you have any idea where in the city will the hsr station be located?

Luke65
18-04-14, 12:51
Do you have any idea where in the city will the hsr station be located?

I don't know. Nobody knows until the feasibility studies is out. Maybe you can ask ringo for his opinion.

Busypeople
18-04-14, 15:39
I don't know. Nobody knows until the feasibility studies is out. Maybe you can ask ringo for his opinion.

do you think Marina Bay area is possible site?

hapmalaud
18-04-14, 15:46
First knew Wendy was a few years back. She is one of my sifus.
Admired her from broke to owning over 100 properties. That's the inspiration to me personally.

ok. I am asking because I notice you trying to promote her blog. May I know what did she teach you and how many property have you own now? I am really interested to learn

Royston8H
18-04-14, 20:51
Yo, only if you are open minded and keen to learn, you can attend her free seminar preview of Property Riches Program (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com). Details are there.

Learning is never ending and there are a lot of experts and a bundle of project information here in this forum too. Timing is good now for me to look back the local property market.

ok. I am asking because I notice you trying to promote her blog. May I know what did she teach you and how many property have you own now? I am really interested to learn

Royston8H
18-04-14, 22:11
Any more to join the voting for Jurong East, Tuas West n City Centre?

Hope to reach 100 voters to get some good ideas of how Singaporeans may feel the best location for HSR.

Pro888
19-04-14, 02:42
1) very much cheaper to build, can be all above ground and shorter track!
3) can make more money with less outlay! Govt must remember they are using tax-payers money to build Singapore side of HSR and they must not duplicate tracks with MRT and waste money!

Exactly what i had said earlier on pt 1 & 3.

Rest of the below are not @ u. :D
Land cost ? Track cost above or underground per km ? Terminus @ JE / city should be underground, directly translate into much higher cost? Track maintenance cost after it becomes operational? Restriction for future detail (zoom in) planning along & vicinity of the track and limitations in making flexible changes <-- this one seem like someone dun understand. How often will you use it? Might as well make full use of the Tuas west extension mrt line which will only be 15 mins different. This line will only cater for working ppl in morning and evening peaks. Undoubtedly, under-utilised for most of the time (hints: Look at future Tengah new town, this extension runs after Joo Koon stn etc).
100k ppl will be using TWE mrt - source? Spoon feed u! Go youtube and find. If any doubt, contact LTA. :doh:
Trade benefits if were to build at JE? Then what is the trade figure for this area of concern?

Pro888
19-04-14, 02:55

Another misleading comment. Sound like he was able to access to the govt tender document (sound like hor), but i m pretty sure he got it from skyscrapercity. How can a 24/7 keyboard warrior to have any business dealing with any govt agencies?

tradert
19-04-14, 10:27
3rd IR at JLD too...

hapmalaud
19-04-14, 11:16
Yo, only if you are open minded and keen to learn, you can attend her free seminar preview of Property Riches Program (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com). Details are there.

Learning is never ending and there are a lot of experts and a bundle of project information here in this forum too. Timing is good now for me to look back the local property market.

thanks for the advice. I am sure you must have made yourself a fortune from property. how long have you been in this game?

Ringo33
19-04-14, 13:33
3rd IR at JLD too...

Please dont let the cat out of the bag..

Royston8H
19-04-14, 21:04
Likely from your mentioned forum.

Open Govt tender usually is available at Gebiz and any bidder who is interested to view the documents may be allowed to purchase it. But not everyone can qualify to bid for the tender because there is always a specified financial status for the bidders to qualify for the bid.

Another misleading comment. Sound like he was able to access to the govt tender document (sound like hor), but i m pretty sure he got it from skyscrapercity. How can a 24/7 keyboard warrior to have any business dealing with any govt agencies?

Luke65
19-04-14, 21:15
3rd IR at JLD too...

Good tips, excellent. Need more to share such info :)

Royston8H
19-04-14, 21:17
Genting hotel news to be built at JE was announced sometimes back last year. Did IR with casino facilities being officially announced as well?

If so, good for JE investors. To me, another place to bring family. not gambling as i cant spare that entry fee just for the sake of gambling.

3rd IR at JLD too...

Wunderkind
19-04-14, 23:17
3rd IR at JLD too...

It all start to make sense now. Genting ... IR ...Malaysia ... HSR ... Second commercial hub .... Transportation hub .....

Royston8H
19-04-14, 23:31
Anybody can confirm IR with casino at JE? interesting.

Simi
19-04-14, 23:52
It all start to make sense now. Genting ... IR ...Malaysia ... HSR ... Second commercial hub .... Transportation hub .....

Cluster hotels , Shopping Malls, Health Centre, Science Centre...............

Royston8H
23-04-14, 21:21
Malaysia high-speed rail to be built by China?

http://chinahighspeedrail.com/news/overseas/malaysia-high-speed-rail-to-be-built-by-china.html

Malaysian newspaper "Nanyang Siang Pau" reported that the high-speed railway from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore will be built by Chinese company this year. The newspaper quoted reliable sources as saying that the negotiation of contract and details has entered the final stage and the signing ceremony will be held in the middle of this year if nothing unexpected happens. However, according to "Global Times", Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-speed Railway is a sensitive project which none government of Malaysia or Singapore has made a clear statement on it.
Late last year, Malaysia announced an economic restructuring plan which worth 444 billion U.S. dollars, and one of the key projects was the high-speed railway from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. This plan aroused interests from countries like China and Japan, and many companies have made bids. It believes that the reason why China's company wins the bid is because China's technology and infrastructure of high-speed railway R&D, development, and construction are one of the most advanced in the world. Apart from that, cost factors are also considered. It's reported that the speed of the railway will reach 250-280 kilometers per hour. By then, it will take 2 hours and 24 minutes to cover the 400 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore instead of 5 hours.

Now people can travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by bus or plane, neither time-consuming nor expensive. Some analysts point out that Malaysia's proposal to build this high-speed railway is mainly due to the attractiveness of Singapore's economy. Singapore was once part of Malaysia until 1965, but now its economic output is much larger than Malaysia's. In recent years, the economic and trade relation between Malaysia and Singapore is continuously strengthened. Malaysia has set up special economic zone in the south which would rely on Singapore to develop, just as China's Shenzhen Special Economic Zone depended on Hong Kong to develop in the initial stage. Building high-speed railway will greatly enhance the economic ties between this region and Singapore.
"Nanyang Siang Pau" says it means the government makes another important infrastructure project to be built by Chinese company after the second Penang Bridge Project. The report also says if necessary, the government may consider extending the length of high-speed railway in the future, especially the first Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-speed Railway plan achieves the expected goals.

The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Idris, said in November last year that the government would put forward a feasibility study about the high-speed railway plan, including whether adopting the maglev technology. The government would contact with the Singapore government to get the approval and start negotiation about the mode of the high-speed railway if the plan is feasible.
But in Singapore, the high-speed railway has been a sensitive topic. The founding father of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, keeps reminding his people of the "ever-existing military threat" from Malaysia. The attitude of Singapore government is still unclear.

------

Now, it makes better sense why SG agrees to invest in HSR and Iskandar.

Luke65
23-04-14, 21:46
Anybody can confirm IR with casino at JE? interesting.

I do not know and cannot confirm. However if i am a casino operator like Wynn, then I will request to have the land being free up at Tanjong Pagar port to build the 3rd casino and roads to link up to the cruise terminal.

Jurong? From the perspective of a casino operator, it hardly rivals sands at marina Bay Area and will not spend billions to help develop an area. Just go to Macau, then you will see how each casino operator try to outdo competitors.

It's just my layman views without having any insider knowledge to HSR tender document, nor any links to the PM comments.

Who suggested to have the 3rd casino at Jurong? Might want to ask him to explain his views to you.

Ringo33
23-04-14, 22:07
Malaysia high-speed rail to be built by China?

http://chinahighspeedrail.com/news/overseas/malaysia-high-speed-rail-to-be-built-by-china.html

Malaysian newspaper "Nanyang Siang Pau" reported that the high-speed railway from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore will be built by Chinese company this year. The newspaper quoted reliable sources as saying that the negotiation of contract and details has entered the final stage and the signing ceremony will be held in the middle of this year if nothing unexpected happens. However, according to "Global Times", Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-speed Railway is a sensitive project which none government of Malaysia or Singapore has made a clear statement on it.
Late last year, Malaysia announced an economic restructuring plan which worth 444 billion U.S. dollars, and one of the key projects was the high-speed railway from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. This plan aroused interests from countries like China and Japan, and many companies have made bids. It believes that the reason why China's company wins the bid is because China's technology and infrastructure of high-speed railway R&D, development, and construction are one of the most advanced in the world. Apart from that, cost factors are also considered. It's reported that the speed of the railway will reach 250-280 kilometers per hour. By then, it will take 2 hours and 24 minutes to cover the 400 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore instead of 5 hours.

Now people can travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by bus or plane, neither time-consuming nor expensive. Some analysts point out that Malaysia's proposal to build this high-speed railway is mainly due to the attractiveness of Singapore's economy. Singapore was once part of Malaysia until 1965, but now its economic output is much larger than Malaysia's. In recent years, the economic and trade relation between Malaysia and Singapore is continuously strengthened. Malaysia has set up special economic zone in the south which would rely on Singapore to develop, just as China's Shenzhen Special Economic Zone depended on Hong Kong to develop in the initial stage. Building high-speed railway will greatly enhance the economic ties between this region and Singapore.
"Nanyang Siang Pau" says it means the government makes another important infrastructure project to be built by Chinese company after the second Penang Bridge Project. The report also says if necessary, the government may consider extending the length of high-speed railway in the future, especially the first Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-speed Railway plan achieves the expected goals.

The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Idris, said in November last year that the government would put forward a feasibility study about the high-speed railway plan, including whether adopting the maglev technology. The government would contact with the Singapore government to get the approval and start negotiation about the mode of the high-speed railway if the plan is feasible.
But in Singapore, the high-speed railway has been a sensitive topic. The founding father of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, keeps reminding his people of the "ever-existing military threat" from Malaysia. The attitude of Singapore government is still unclear.

------

Now, it makes better sense why SG agrees to invest in HSR and Iskandar.

facts in this article are all wrong.

a) KL is around 350km from Singapore
b) It will take 90mins to reach Singapore
c) Malaysia PM is Najib, not Idris.
4) US$444 billion restructuring plan?

Royston8H
25-04-14, 21:41
You are right to some points.

a) Depending how to measure from KL to SG, via ruler or via route.

b) That china article probably written in 2010 which was one year after Najib took office as PM. So it might be still conservative to quote 2 hours plus.

c) Agree. Probably the writer was confused by Najib's other depts.

d) That was announced around sub prime period. Msia was in pretty bad shape during this period.

But such earlier news does trigger the imagination and HSR possibility of SG- China.

See the map under wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penang%E2%80%93Singapore_High_Speed_Rail

facts in this article are all wrong.

a) KL is around 350km from Singapore
b) It will take 90mins to reach Singapore
c) Malaysia PM is Najib, not Idris.
4) US$444 billion restructuring plan?

Ringo33
25-04-14, 21:50
You are right to some points.

a) Depending how to measure from KL to SG, via ruler or via route.

b) That china article probably written in 2010 which was one year after Najib took office as PM. So it might be still conservative to quote 2 hours plus.

c) Agree. Probably the writer was confused by Najib's other depts.

d) That was announced around sub prime period. Msia was in pretty bad shape during this period.

But such earlier news does trigger the imagination and HSR possibility of SG- China.

See the map under wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penang%E2%80%93Singapore_High_Speed_Rail

This article is nonsense. Period, and you will make yourself sound ridicules if you try to defend it.

Have you not driven on NSH before to know the distant from Singapore to KL?

$444billion budget? Subprime? what nonsense is that?

Royston8H
25-04-14, 22:04
Defending for what...:confused:

NSH took me approx 3.5 hours. How fast can you drive?

Aiyo....That 444billion is not their budget....that was Msia target plan which includes HSR project. I meant that was announced during sub prime period....not due to sub prime....relax leh..

This article is nonsense. Period, and you will make yourself sound ridicules if you try to defend it.

Have you not driven on NSH before to know the distant from Singapore to KL?

$444billion budget? Subprime? what nonsense is that?

Ringo33
25-04-14, 22:30
Defending for what...:confused:

NSH took me approx 3.5 hours. How fast can you drive?

Aiyo....That 444billion is not their budget....that was Msia target plan which includes HSR project. I meant that was announced during sub prime period....not due to sub prime....relax leh..

I am not even sure what exactly you are talking now.

a) Distant = Time x Speed

So its irrelevant to tell me the time you take to travel without telling me the speed.

b) Can you find me a credible source where it mentioned Malaysia is spending $444 billion USD for economic restructuring, which include the HSR.

Subprime? Boh leh lah you?

Royston8H
25-04-14, 23:36
a) 110km/h x 3.5 = 385km...

b) To make you happy, see bloomberg news:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-17/malaysia-targets-444-billion-private-projects-to-halt-drop-in-investments.html

:)

I am not even sure what exactly you are talking now.

a) Distant = Time x Speed

So its irrelevant to tell me the time you take to travel without telling me the speed.

b) Can you find me a credible source where it mentioned Malaysia is spending $444 billion USD for economic restructuring, which include the HSR.

Subprime? Boh leh lah you?

Ringo33
26-04-14, 00:04
a) 110km/h x 3.5 = 385km...

b) To make you happy, see bloomberg news:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-17/malaysia-targets-444-billion-private-projects-to-halt-drop-in-investments.html

:)

You can actually use googlemap to calculate the distant between woodlands to Sungei Besi, dont need to assume that you could travel at 110km constant speed over 3.5 hours

I noticed the article mentioned 10 years, this is one crucial information which was not highlighted in the article.

Like i said, the report is nonsense.

Royston8H
26-04-14, 00:20
You started asking me if i drive NSH and you should ask me about the google map first.

What is the big fuss of your quoted 350km vs 400km quoted by wikipedia vs ~ 385km i drove. All of us know can already.

U assumed it is USD444 billion but the bloomberg article only mention $444billion.

The key point to bring out is the possibility to map all pieces together,.ie. SG-China HSR. Possibility is not a fact but it is also not nonsense lah.

You can actually use googlemap to calculate the distant between woodlands to Sungei Besi, dont need to assume that you could travel at 110km constant speed over 3.5 hours

I noticed the article mentioned 10 years, this is one crucial information which was not highlighted in the article.

Like i said, the report is nonsense.

Ringo33
26-04-14, 00:38
You started asking me if i drive NSH and you should ask me about the google map first.

What is the big fuss of your quoted 350km vs 400km quoted by wikipedia vs ~ 385km i drove. All of us know can already.

U assumed it is USD444 billion but the bloomberg article only mention $444billion.

The key point to bring out is the possibility to map all pieces together,.ie. SG-China HSR. Possibility is not a fact but it is also not nonsense lah.

Of course its a fuss because 90mins ride been reported to be over 2 hours. Malaysia PM was call Idris. (what kind of journalism is this?

Are you not aware that along NSH, there are road markers to tell you the distant you have travel from south?

Sin to China by HSR?

I tried googlemap Sinapore to Yunnan, but they are unable to give a routing. Tried Singapore to Hanoi, it mentioned it will take 39 hours by car, to travel over 3200km.

If you have a train that travel non-stop at 300km per hour., it will take more than 10 hours. by flight, its less than 3 hours.

Royston8H
26-04-14, 11:19
If both beijing n shanghai already have intl airport, why they bother to build a 1315km long hsr system n trains r travelling at 300km/h. Chinese can jus fly n Why bother to plan hsr since 90s n to implement it ?

There are economical reasons to link kl to sg right? If so, why so surprise abt china hsr to penang to kl to sg. This will be excellent!

See the world longest hsr
http://larouchepac.com/node/24977

Of course its a fuss because 90mins ride been reported to be over 2 hours. Malaysia PM was call Idris. (what kind of journalism is this?

Are you not aware that along NSH, there are road markers to tell you the distant you have travel from south?

Sin to China by HSR?

I tried googlemap Sinapore to Yunnan, but they are unable to give a routing. Tried Singapore to Hanoi, it mentioned it will take 39 hours by car, to travel over 3200km.

If you have a train that travel non-stop at 300km per hour., it will take more than 10 hours. by flight, its less than 3 hours.

Ringo33
26-04-14, 12:14
If both beijing n shanghai already have intl airport, why they bother to build a 1315km long hsr system n trains r travelling at 300km/h. Chinese can jus fly n Why bother to plan hsr since 90s n to implement it ?
There are economical reasons to link kl to sg right? If so, why so surprise abt china hsr to penang to kl to sg. This will be excellent!

See the world longest hsr
http://larouchepac.com/node/24977

Thats because beijing and shanghai are 2 large commercial center of the 2nd largest economy in the world that is aggressively trying establish themselves as the powerhouse for high speed rail, and such project can be easily justifiable due to central planning of Chinese government and the sheer pollution that it serve along the 1300km track.

And btw, the link you provide has already seized operation since 2011, and here you are trying to use that link to tell us that Malaysia government has made a decided to let China construct the Sin-KL HSR??

Royston8H
26-04-14, 13:07
No logic at all.

if this is the case, dont even bother abt sg as the mkt n population is relatively smaller.

Whether it is the jnitial article or the wikipedia , the key point is the possibility of sg-china hsr in a long term perspective. Dun jus think abt JE only. Why shoot this down?

Thats because beijing and shanghai are 2 large commercial center of the 2nd largest economy in the world that is aggressively trying establish themselves as the powerhouse for high speed rail, and such project can be easily justifiable due to central planning of Chinese government and the sheer pollution that it serve along the 1300km track.

And btw, the link you provide has already seized operation since 2011, and here you are trying to use that link to tell us that Malaysia government has made a decided to let China construct the Sin-KL HSR??

Ringo33
26-04-14, 14:28
No logic at all.

if this is the case, dont even bother abt sg as the mkt n population is relatively smaller.

Whether it is the jnitial article or the wikipedia , the key point is the possibility of sg-china hsr in a long term perspective. Dun jus think abt JE only. Why shoot this down?

I am just trying to remind you that dont get carried away with the prospect of having China Sin connection because its unlike China network which is run within the country.

So let just focus the discussion on KL Singapore, and please dont use a 2011 article to tell us that is updated or reliable information.

Royston8H
01-05-14, 09:40
Added One More Video For Sharing

http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/high-speed-rail-terminal-in-singapore/

Can we have another 5 more voters to reach 100 pls? Vote now. ;)

Juniper
01-05-14, 09:52
Added One More Video For Sharing

http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/high-speed-rail-terminal-in-singapore/

Can we have another 5 more voters to reach 100 pls? Vote now. ;)

Where to vote?

Royston8H
01-05-14, 10:48
See on top of this thread. :)

Allthepies
01-05-14, 11:35
Hee but malaysia just announced recently that Iskandar is not going to be a low cost centre! so the shifting of Tuas industries to Isksndar may no llongr be feasible. .. : )

NorthernStar
01-05-14, 12:20
Hee but malaysia just announced recently that Iskandar is not going to be a low cost centre! so the shifting of Tuas industries to Isksndar may no llongr be feasible. .. : )

most of the low cost industries already start moving out since 10 years ago to china, vietnam, batam.. What are left here need more skilled workers. However, due to high land price in SG, sooner they have to move out of SG.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/500-workers-retrenched-hard-drive-firm-hgst-union-help-20131227

Royston8H
04-05-14, 17:30
Actually I can understd how tough to operate business in singapore. Sme owners will have a hard time ahead if they dun think of smarter ways to reduce their cost.

Royston8H
12-05-14, 19:20
Any more voters pls? Jus need another 4 to be complete. Thanks

mummy
12-05-14, 19:41
Any more voters pls? Jus need another 4 to be complete. Thanks

I vote Tuas for security and cost reasons...

MLP
12-05-14, 19:59
I vote for City Centre because all the HSR rail terminals in major cities are all located in the City Centre.

I am not surprised eventually it will be located in the city centre.

Royston8H
18-05-14, 12:42
Agreed with you from a singaporean's perspective. :)

Can anyone just vote to conclude this poll of 100 voters?

I vote Tuas for security and cost reasons...

Royston8H
20-06-14, 20:30
There were a total of 105 persons voted for their preferred choices of high speed rail (http://www.propertyinvestmentsingapore.sg/blog/high-speed-rail-singapore-poll/) terminus in Singapore. The highest number of voters goes to Tuas West site.
Reasons for selecting which of the three sites are as follow:

Tuas West : 51 votes, 48.6%

Lowest possible cost and largest potential site of development
Greater potential to develop the under-developed land by linking to Tuas West MRT station (EW33)
Able to meet the target completion date
Security

Jurong East : 36 votes, 34.3%

Most attractive site due to the integration of Jurong Lake District
Greater connectivity to inner land so as to benefit more residents in Jurong East.
Tapping to vibrancy of the Jurong regional center to boost the business activities there.

City Centre : 18 votes, 17.1%

Most ideal location and the most challenging site due to the centralised city location. Can benefit affluent business travelers and owners

Jaydenlim
05-05-15, 21:28
Those who voted for Tuas obviously doesnt know what HSR is all about.