PDA

View Full Version : How much psf for a MM ard 450sf is consider as reasonable for area in sembawang

Chinky
10-04-14, 20:42
I am thinking of buying a unit for own stay at ard sembawang or yishun area. Single at the moment and looking at private studio. Any suggestion for this area? Been scouting ard. Currently most of the MM is ard 1300-1400/sqf. Is it ideal to one MM for this range? I am waiting for another 3-6mths before entering the market. Do u think is it wise to do so? Pls kindly advise bro here.

Luke65
10-04-14, 21:08
If its for long term stay, then properties over a long term horizon almost surely appreciates in value (eg. 10 years). Even experts cannot time the market for bottom. Decide and buy what you can afford is the best guideline.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 21:11
I am thinking of buying a unit for own stay at ard sembawang or yishun area. Single at the moment and looking at private studio. Any suggestion for this area? Been scouting ard. Currently most of the MM is ard 1300-1400/sqf. Is it ideal to one MM for this range? I am waiting for another 3-6mths before entering the market. Do u think is it wise to do so? Pls kindly advise bro here.

For MM, you need to get something near MRT, that will save you a lot of headache looking for tenant in future.

and why Sembawang in the first place? Near work?

Chinky
10-04-14, 21:16
For MM, you need to get something near MRT, that will save you a lot of headache looking for tenant in future.

and why Sembawang in the first place? Near work?

I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. The unit is for own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 21:23
I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. The unit is for own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.

If you are buying purely for own stay, just get something you feel comfortable. However if you are thinking of buying and holding for future rental income, it might not be a good idea because most MM tenant doesnt drive and they will need easy access to public transport. It will even be better if is near amenities.

Many things can happen in 5 years, so dont over commit yourself to that sort of time frame.

Kelonguni
10-04-14, 21:30
I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. TO own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.

Hi, I am not sure if Yishun has less population.

But most importantly is whether it's near your workplace and whether you like it.

One thing I have learned living and working in most OCR spots: there is demand and support everywhere!

Timing to buy everyone has his own crystal ball.

ironmanpower
10-04-14, 22:01
Get a 2 bedder at least. If you are married, at least you have another room to do your work or for your children.

Chinky
10-04-14, 22:11
Get a 2 bedder at least. If you are married, at least you have another room to do your work or for your children.

2 bedder not cheap. Currently a PR with abt 180k plus cpf. Not much to afford a 2 bedder. I choose sembawang mainly is that it is one of the cheapest location to get a private.

thomastansb
10-04-14, 22:36
Sembawang quite a lot of people leh. Why not find something like east coast or old airport? Lesser people.

Chinky
10-04-14, 22:37
Sembawang quite a lot of people leh. Why not find something like east coast or old airport? Lesser people.

east side expensive leh... My budget not very much. Hope to get a bedder then 5-10years later see how it goes

Ringo33
10-04-14, 22:43
Are you one of those who are affected by hdb restriction on pr purchase?

walkthetiger
10-04-14, 23:20

...think about how easy/difficult to sell it(MM) after 5 years....if you buy now

indomie
11-04-14, 00:09
...think about how easy/difficult to sell it(MM) after 5 years....if you buy now
At the lowest end of the market.... There is always demand. However, capital appreciation is somewhat restricted. If you bet that in 5 years time SG economy is flat or even downturn, these kind of property will out perform. However if u bet in 5 year SG economy will pick up, then these kind of property will under perform.

Chinky
11-04-14, 00:30
Are you one of those who are affected by hdb restriction on pr purchase?

I have been in SG since pri 1. Most of my life spent in SG. I am a PR here. Currently single can only purchase private. But have to pay ABSD 5% still. Headache

Chinky
11-04-14, 00:35

I'm not looking to earn big bucks when selling my MM at least don't let me loss more than 5% can already. I just wish to own one place which I can call home. Currently renting room. Though currently no urgency in getting a home.

Patrickstar
11-04-14, 00:58
if you are looking for a cheap MM that doesnt have to be near mrt, you can consider santorini if price is an issue for you.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17352984/for-sale-the-santorini

2 bedder not cheap. Currently a PR with abt 180k plus cpf. Not much to afford a 2 bedder. I choose sembawang mainly is that it is one of the cheapest location to get a private.

Chinky
11-04-14, 01:21
if you are looking for a cheap MM that doesnt have to be near mrt, you can consider santorini if price is an issue for you.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17352984/for-sale-the-santorini

Appreciate your recommendation. But I prefer north or west cos Near my work place and also wish to get those that could TOP before 2016. At first I thought of Parc Rosewood. But it has been fried till so hot by some buyers already. So gave up Liao. Now scouting for other private condo.

clemdale24
11-04-14, 01:59
Appreciate your recommendation. But I prefer north or west cos Near my work place and also wish to get those that could TOP before 2016. At first I thought of Parc Rosewood. But it has been fried till so hot by some buyers already. So gave up Liao. Now scouting for other private condo.

whats your budget? if u can give us a clear price range to work with maybe u could get better ideas and input.
at least now u have told us that u prefer a north or west location, we can focus there (instead of santorini in tampines, haha).

walkthetiger
11-04-14, 09:06
At the lowest end of the market.... There is always demand. However, capital appreciation is somewhat restricted. If you bet that in 5 years time SG economy is flat or even downturn, these kind of property will out perform. However if u bet in 5 year SG economy will pick up, then these kind of property will under perform.

....price still at $1250psf (or higher) for a place like Yishun....should consider all other costs involved for a breakeven price 5 years later...especially weak rental for coming years, may becoming dirt cheap soon, just hope there are still good interest from people to be landlord of MM years later....

Chinky
11-04-14, 09:15
whats your budget? if u can give us a clear price range to work with maybe u could get better ideas and input.
at least now u have told us that u prefer a north or west location, we can focus there (instead of santorini in tampines, haha).

Like i mentioned, have abt 550-650k range will be a more comfortable range for myself. Anything more than that may be a problem.

walkthetiger
11-04-14, 09:16
I'm not looking to earn big bucks when selling my MM at least don't let me loss more than 5% can already. I just wish to own one place which I can call home. Currently renting room. Though currently no urgency in getting a home.

...Get the right thing, a bigger one for future family to live in comfortably..

Chinky
11-04-14, 09:23
....price still at $1250psf (or higher) for a place like Yishun....should consider all other costs involved for a breakeven price 5 years later...especially weak rental for coming years, may becoming dirt cheap soon, just hope there are still good interest from people to be landlord of MM years later....

FINALLY! You are the first to answer my qns! Hahaha. From your comment, I can see that u are trying to say that MM will be worthless in the future. Which means that I may sell it at a loss if I say anything more than 1250 psf. If I pay 1350 psf then I may lose 100 x 450 = 45000. 45000/607500 is abt 7.4% loss. Plus minus abt 7% loss! WTH! So no 1250 psf I don't buy? Headache...

Chinky
11-04-14, 09:26
...Get the right thing, a bigger one for future family to live in comfortably..

After I married I will get a resale HDB with my future wife. MM shld be a stepping stone. Private -> resale hdb -> bto. Cos recently I just divorced. Pay abt 7k for forfeiting my BTO. That's really painful loss for something which I didn't own in the first place.

indomie
11-04-14, 10:57
After I married I will get a resale HDB with my future wife. MM shld be a stepping stone. Private -> resale hdb -> bto. Cos recently I just divorced. Pay abt 7k for forfeiting my BTO. That's really painful loss for something which I didn't own in the first place.
I see... U are looking for a steping stone property to get yourself established in social circle. Going for the cheapest mm is a good idea, if your ultimate goal is subsidised housing.

relax88
11-04-14, 11:04
Brother. Sab..:p

Chinky
11-04-14, 12:29
I see... U are looking for a steping stone property to get yourself established in social circle. Going for the cheapest mm is a good idea, if your ultimate goal is subsidised housing.

Not to establish social circle. My job no need social at all. Hahaha. I just want a home loh. Cos renting currently. Like helping my landlord pay for his house and giving him pocket money. I could actually afford one myself. Just that pricing now so steep. I think patience is the key now.

Patrickstar
11-04-14, 12:54
If you intend to stay here long term buying makes more sense than renting.

Not to establish social circle. My job no need social at all. Hahaha. I just want a home loh. Cos renting currently. Like helping my landlord pay for his house and giving him pocket money. I could actually afford one myself. Just that pricing now so steep. I think patience is the key now.

Chinky
11-04-14, 13:07
If you intend to stay here long term buying makes more sense than renting.

I've been here since primary 1. Don't know contribute how much to the renting already. Now have stable income and wish to own a house of my own. Not sure how much is consider as reasonable. Budget is between 550-650k. Under 600k is the best

hyenergix
11-04-14, 15:16

Try online search or engage property agents, but your choices are quite limited at the moment as sub-$700k MM launches are very limited after cooling measures on MM 2-3 years back.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=N&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=0.5&districts%5B%5D=D27&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=300000&maxprice=700000&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=&order=&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

Chinky
11-04-14, 15:51
Try online search or engage property agents, but your choices are quite limited at the moment as sub-$700k MM launches are very limited after cooling measures on MM 2-3 years back.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=N&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=0.5&districts%5B%5D=D27&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=300000&maxprice=700000&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=&order=&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

Very helpful. Thank you

ay123
11-04-14, 16:43
try The Nautical. is just beside Sembawang Shopping Centre. the asking for MM is less than 600k. can still walk to MRT but quite long distance...

Chinky
11-04-14, 18:18
try The Nautical. is just beside Sembawang Shopping Centre. the asking for MM is less than 600k. can still walk to MRT but quite long distance...

Yeah. Saw that too. But one bro here recommend 1250 psf but the one listing ard 1350 psf

Shanhz
14-04-14, 11:18
are there any MMs in nine residences in yishun? i thought their prices quite reasonable and the construction progress super fast.

玉格格
14-04-14, 20:36

not true leh. pasir ris de mm which is near mrt less den $1200psf.

Chinky
15-04-14, 10:01
not true leh. pasir ris de mm which is near mrt less den $1200psf.

Which one????

Mu
15-04-14, 22:51
You have quite a few options...Loyang, Changi, Pair Ris, Sengkang, Punggol, Yishun, Woodlands etc.

I would recommend buying a resale, preferably FH if you could stretch your budget a bit. No need to wait, just do minimum reno and move in. FH will ensure that your property value will be maintained in the mid to long term when you decide to sell.

Personally, I won't recommend far from TOP properties especially if you are currently renting..The wait is like:banghead:

玉格格
17-04-14, 01:07
Which one????

i mean dnest lor.
if u r keen u can consider the last plot ~ coco palms. tink cdl is launching in may/jun.

Luke65
17-04-14, 08:33
Yeah. Saw that too. But one bro here recommend 1250 psf but the one listing ard 1350 psf

For 450sq ft, the $100 difference between 1250 and 1350 is only 45k. The difference is even less glaring for installments or interest payments.

Since it's for yourself to stay, the sooner you buy, the less rental you pay. If you think the price will come down soon for studios, then it's a gamble between you paying the rent out of 45k difference. I know of people who cash out of their own property and rent with the hope of prices crashing. Now after about 3 years, they are still renting and hoping, which I wish them well.

I would go for it anytime for self stay. Nothing much to lose over 45k, especially with long term time horizon.

Chinky
17-04-14, 09:07
For 450sq ft, the $100 difference between 1250 and 1350 is only 45k. The difference is even less glaring for installments or interest payments.

Since it's for yourself to stay, the sooner you buy, the less rental you pay. If you think the price will come down soon for studios, then it's a gamble between you paying the rent out of 45k difference. I know of people who cash out of their own property and rent with the hope of prices crashing. Now after about 3 years, they are still renting and hoping, which I wish them well.

I would go for it anytime for self stay. Nothing much to lose over 45k, especially with long term time horizon.

I'm thinking of this too. 45k to buy freedom and ownership. I have been scouting ard and will strike when the seller is willing to take my price. Though not rushing now cos I have more choices at the end of the year as more MM will be ready. By then I have more locations to choose from and price with be more competitive. Willing to pay ard 1280-1350 psf for a 450sqf MM.

Luke65
17-04-14, 11:02
I'm thinking of this too. 45k to buy freedom and ownership. I have been scouting ard and will strike when the seller is willing to take my price. Though not rushing now cos I have more choices at the end of the year as more MM will be ready. By then I have more locations to choose from and price with be more competitive. Willing to pay ard 1280-1350 psf for a 450sqf MM.

More available with completion, but i am not sure if more will be selling with the lock in period from SSD. Good luck bro.

No need to rush but own home with privacy is almost priceless.

Mr&MrsLim
17-04-14, 11:37
Bro Chinky

You should take your time to consider any purchase of property as this may be one of the bigger decision in your life. There is no point in rushing to buy. A poor purchase is worse than no purchase.

I understand that you are also looking at MM due to lifestyle and monetary reasons. But please note that our property market is currently undergoing consolidation/correction phase. MM may not be so popular if the price correction is big and owners of 2 bedders are willing to sell at a price differential which is not too big as compared to MM. Furthermore, life may provide you with surprises! MM will be quite a squueze if you have a bigger family.

So you may wish to adopt a more cautious attitude now and continue to save. You will benefit if price of properties continue to drop in the next 1 -2 years time. Maybe by then, you can even look at 2 bedders in the same project!

star
17-04-14, 12:03
As long as economy stays health price is not going to drop much.

Luke65
17-04-14, 17:24
Bro Chinky

You should take your time to consider any purchase of property as this may be one of the bigger decision in your life. There is no point in rushing to buy. A poor purchase is worse than no purchase.

I understand that you are also looking at MM due to lifestyle and monetary reasons. But please note that our property market is currently undergoing consolidation/correction phase. MM may not be so popular if the price correction is big and owners of 2 bedders are willing to sell at a price differential which is not too big as compared to MM. Furthermore, life may provide you with surprises! MM will be quite a squueze if you have a bigger family.

So you may wish to adopt a more cautious attitude now and continue to save. You will benefit if price of properties continue to drop in the next 1 -2 years time. Maybe by then, you can even look at 2 bedders in the same project!

For the same development, a 2 bedder pricing to become the current price of a 450sq ft unit within the next 1-2 years? :eek:

Chinky
17-04-14, 20:09
Bro Chinky

If that's the case then SG will have many bankruptcy cases. I don't wish to see that though I am very keen for price to drop. Another 5%-8% is good enough

玉格格
18-04-14, 23:05
As long as economy stays health price is not going to drop much.

depends. spore dun really nid a recession to see a decent price correction. its all dependant on supply n demand. wif higher barriers to entry & the delta betw supply n demand getting wider, 10-15% drop is still possible wor.

missotah
18-04-14, 23:28
More available with completion, but i am not sure if more will be selling with the lock in period from SSD. Good luck bro.

No need to rush but own home with privacy is almost priceless.

Why own home with privacy is so priceless? Care to explain more?

missotah
18-04-14, 23:40
own home with privacy is almost priceless.

Haha I like this.

I have a friend. Same situation as you. Abt 1 yr 6 mths back bought a FH mm <$530k. Initially I still think bought at a high price but the development was done up more than a year after he bought and now he is a happy owner with his own space. And the property now is $700k.

teddybear
18-04-14, 23:40
Owning a home in a small exclusive estate is quite priceless now, considering the newer estates are all >400 units! Imagine those >1000 units! They are just no different from HDB estate but with common facilities! :doh:

Why own home with privacy is so priceless? Care to explain more?

missotah
18-04-14, 23:46
Owning a home in a small exclusive estate is quite priceless now, considering the newer estates are all >400 units! Imagine those >1000 units! They are just no different from HDB estate but with common facilities! :doh:

Omg................. I need to work harder to get another property at a small development.

akow
18-04-14, 23:54
Bro Chinky

It's not realistic to expect major drop in prices such that current 1-bedrm price becomes 2-bedrm price in near future. Next General Election will be held in less than 2 years time (by first half of 2016). It will not be in govt interest to see major correction in property prices nor to see significant increases in property prices.

Chinky
19-04-14, 01:05
Haha I like this.

I have a friend. Same situation as you. Abt 1 yr 6 mths back bought a FH mm <$530k. Initially I still think bought at a high price but the development was done up more than a year after he bought and now he is a happy owner with his own space. And the property now is $700k.

Lucky guy he is. I'm looking for a bargain buy too.

chestnut
19-04-14, 06:53
I had a local tenant who sold their house waiting for prices to drop. About 1 year ago, the family shifted out to their new home... They had been renting from me over the past 5 years @50k/year. So in total, the rental is 250k.

You do your own sum....

Rental amount vs price drop (if any).....

HOS
19-04-14, 08:18
find a spouse.... then apply a new bto.... or buy hdb resale..... If yr budget can not allow you to buy anything that is decently good... most likely yr property will not make any sense cause developer is giving more for their new development to attract buyer... by comparison those appear to be not so good now will become worst, especially for rental. further more, smaller private are competing with 3 bedroom hdb as well.

minority
19-04-14, 08:18
i have a college who is so sure the market will drop. Sold his prop in 2008 before the crash. then during lehman crash feels price will go lower refuse to buy. he have been renting since and cursing the government for letting price escalate. Blaming the government.

Was advising them to buy a 3 bedroom in 2009 tong 1st dont rent. if they dont want to get a replacement unit. But refused to believe. Keep saying market will crash lower... Well I never ask him abt the status anymore coz he is still renting.. do the maths... abt 45K rental per yr... almost 225K since spend on rental. could have paid up for the 3 bed room with change for resale bought in 09 have they committed.

Well who's to blame?

minority
19-04-14, 08:21
I had a local tenant who sold their house waiting for prices to drop. About 1 year ago, the family shifted out to their new home... They had been renting from me over the past 5 years @50k/year. So in total, the rental is 250k.

You do your own sum....

Rental amount vs price drop (if any).....

pls rent increase... leh?

Kelonguni
19-04-14, 09:44
i have a college who is so sure the market will drop. Sold his prop in 2008 before the crash. then during lehman crash feels price will go lower refuse to buy. he have been renting since and cursing the government for letting price escalate. Blaming the government.

Was advising them to buy a 3 bedroom in 2009 tong 1st dont rent. if they dont want to get a replacement unit. But refused to believe. Keep saying market will crash lower... Well I never ask him abt the status anymore coz he is still renting.. do the maths... abt 45K rental per yr... almost 225K since spend on rental. could have paid up for the 3 bed room with change for resale bought in 09 have they committed.

Well who's to blame?

Different people have different foci. Some don't want to take any risk. They take it that rent is paying interest for mortgage loan. Many do not intend to retire in SG. For 2 million loan, interest is 20k per annum onwards plus all funds locked.

I have friends who are PRs who sold their EC at 08 for below half a million. Now easily 900k to 1 million. Luckily I am too kiasee to follow.

minority
19-04-14, 10:38
Different people have different foci. Some don't want to take any risk. They take it that rent is paying interest for mortgage loan. Many do not intend to retire in SG. For 2 million loan, interest is 20k per annum onwards plus all funds locked.

I have friends who are PRs who sold their EC at 08 for below half a million. Now easily 900k to 1 million. Luckily I am too kiasee to follow.

well if dont want take risk should not even sell ones roof actually. fact is they sold n gambled the hand away. they could have bought a 3bedder hdb as insurance. well like u say diff folks diff strokes... they can only blame self.

walkthetiger
19-04-14, 11:36

Now try to sell that said EC at 900k - 1million... see how many buyers confident to buy at this price.

Why invest now? As no sign of shortage supply... rental is becoming weak and captital gain almost nothing.. so, if anybody who buys when gov starts to relax CM, still look like ok timing...

leesg123
19-04-14, 12:35
Who to blame? This is a no brainer question in Singapore. Blame minister lah.
Road jam, blame LTA minister.
Car expensive, blame LTA minister
World cup expensive, blame Youth minister
4G need to pay surcharge, blame MDA minister
No rain, blame NEA minister
Too much rain, blame NEA minister
Roof leak, blame MND minister
underwear torn, blame Minister with no portfolio

Easy right?

Well who's to blame?

CondoInterested
19-04-14, 12:51
ha ha ha...

very good sense of humour...

minority
19-04-14, 12:56
Who to blame? This is a no brainer question in Singapore. Blame minister lah.
Road jam, blame LTA minister.
Car expensive, blame LTA minister
World cup expensive, blame Youth minister
4G need to pay surcharge, blame MDA minister
No rain, blame NEA minister
Too much rain, blame NEA minister
Roof leak, blame MND minister
underwear torn, blame Minister with no portfolio

Easy right?

LOL

cannot shit blame who?

leesg123
19-04-14, 13:16
LOL

cannot shit blame who?
Shit is sewerage, so is NEA problem, PUB also. Since also health, need to involve MOH too. So blame 2 ministers because cannot shit.

Allthepies
19-04-14, 13:22
U realise people who blames always remain where they are (exception do apply: such as opposition parties)...

People who turn "misfortunes" into opportunities move up : )

minority
19-04-14, 14:12
Shit is sewerage, so is NEA problem, PUB also. Since also health, need to involve MOH too. So blame 2 ministers because cannot shit.

ok next time someone tell me stomach ache or diaeora I will give them NEA no. to call and come "tong"for them.

minority
19-04-14, 14:15
U realise people who blames always remain where they are (exception do apply: such as opposition parties)...

People who turn "misfortunes" into opportunities move up : )

thats why the noise are the loudest coz have a lot of time to KP. LOL!