PDA

View Full Version : Why you should NOT invest in the West

Ringo33
09-04-14, 18:10
I am starting this thread to give forummers like Patrickstart and the rest an opportunity to talk about why investors should avoid investing in the west.

Hope you guys will give them your support.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 18:13
In the other thread, I have made a post on the rental yield for Caspian.

Appreciate forummers like Patrickstar of Astroboy to tell us why its not realistic for J Gateway to command such rental yield when it TOP.

Caspian 1 bedder rental transaction in Jan 2014 at $2800 per month.

Assuming at same rent, J Gateway 474sqft unit at $1700psf, rental yield will be 4.2%.

This is FACT

sunrise
09-04-14, 18:43

Appreciate forummers like Patrickstar of Astroboy to tell us why its not realistic for J Gateway to command such rental yield when it TOP.

Should change the thread title to "why so many hate me" sure you get a lot of response.

rook
09-04-14, 18:45

I can offer the following views as to why Jurong East may not materialise into a commercial hub that quickly :

1) As of today, Jurong East is even lagging behind Buona vista as a business hub in the west. In fact Buona vista, with its proximity to One North and the upcoming Holland village projects, is looking more promising in the near term.

2) Jurong East today only has 4 malls and 3 hospitals to show for itself. Based on the tenders already out, commercial activity looks still very thin and very far out. the better attraction in Jurong is actually the potential of the lake district, not Jurong East itself per se. Even the lake district attractions seem 10 years out from materialising as even details of what they are going to be is still sketchy.

3) The closest approximation to what Jurong East may be as a commercial hub can be predicted by looking at Tampines (the other commercial hub in the East). Just by looking at the scale and depth of commercial outfits present in Tampines, I feel Jurong East will take at least 15 more years to catch up to Tampine's maturity, even if everything goes well for Jurong East without any hiccups.

4. Sadly though, in Singapore's context, any condo that is more than 10 years old starts losing its market value quite quickly....so maybe the current residential development in Jurong East have just to be valued on par with other OCR properties located adjacent to MRT stations.

akow
09-04-14, 18:50

Hi Please read the latest property investment guide by property soul.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21008
I have finished reading the whole book (E-book).
J Gateway does not match the criteria for attractive rental yield.

sunrise
09-04-14, 18:51
I can offer the following views as to why Jurong East may not materialise into a commercial hub that quickly :

1) As of today, Jurong East is even lagging behind Buona vista as a business hub in the west. In fact Buona vista, with its proximity to One North and the upcoming Holland village projects, is looking more promising in the near term.

2) Jurong East today only has 4 malls and 3 hospitals to show for itself. Based on the tenders already out, commercial activity looks still very thin and very far out. the better attraction in Jurong is actually the potential of the lake district, not Jurong East itself per se. Even the lake district attractions seem 10 years out from materialising as even details of what they are going to be is still sketchy.

3) The closest approximation to what Jurong East may be as a commercial hub can be predicted by looking at Tampines (the other commercial hub in the East). Just by looking at the scale and depth of commercial outfits present in Tampines, I feel Jurong East will take at least 15 more years to catch up to Tampine's maturity, even if everything goes well for Jurong East without any hiccups.

4. Sadly though, in Singapore's context, any condo that is more than 10 years old starts losing its market value quite quickly....so maybe the current residential development in Jurong East have just to be valued on par with other OCR properties located adjacent to MRT stations.

Well said, good foresight.

azeoprop
09-04-14, 19:24
Jem and westgate malls are quite empty on weekdays. :beats-me-man:

Allthepies
09-04-14, 19:28
2) IBP is just next door...

3) Tampines no fight... look at the 3 malls in JE all completed within 1 year to each other.. u will know the resolve by the government to build JE

Ringo33
09-04-14, 19:30

Jurong East is already a commercial hub on its own before JLD was announced in 2008. Companies like Dell, Acer, J&J, Mobile One etc are operating their regional HQ out of international business park for a long time and there are plenty more japanese logistic companies and SME operating out of Toh Guan area as well. Hence its wrong to say that Jurong East is all about shopping mall and hospital.

In Jurong East alone, there will actually be 5 very big malls if your include Big Box which will TOP by the end of the year. Beside malls, which is important, there is also 2 very big international school located within 2km radius of JLD. I am sure you must have heard of CIS and Dulwich college, where both will have thousands of expat kids. Something which has been proven to boost rental demand.

Furthermore the potential of JLD is not just limited by companies located in the Jurong East, because there are over 3000MNCs that operating in the western region, employing 10th of thousand engineers and professional.

Just for discussion sake, may I know what is the ball park average rental yield of private properties located in Tampines? Is it higher than condo located in District 22?

As for old condo around JLD, many condo which are more than 10 years old are actually transacted at record price. perhaps driven by good rental yield.

For the record, this thread is actually about WEST, not just Jurong East or J Gateway.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 19:33
Hi Please read the latest property investment guide by property soul.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21008
I have finished reading the whole book (E-book).
J Gateway does not match the criteria for attractive rental yield.

Havent read the book yet, but I am certainly very interested to know which part of the guide support your claim that J Gateway is not attractive rental yield even before J Gateway TOP?

Appreciate if you could elaborate what you have read.

Moo2010
09-04-14, 19:34
Jem and westgate malls are quite empty on weekdays. :beats-me-man:

After going Jem and Westgate once, don't feel like going anymore.
Nothing special.
Would rather go suntec, marina, orchard ion, taka or vivo.

Takes forever to drive to jurong.... Don't waste time.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 19:51
After going Jem and Westgate once, don't feel like going anymore.
Nothing special.
Would rather go suntec, marina, orchard ion, taka or vivo.

Takes forever to drive to jurong.... Don't waste time.

I do noticed you havent made a single post is almost 2 years. Welcome back to condosingapore.

Moo2010
09-04-14, 19:56
I do noticed you havent made a single post is almost 2 years. Welcome back to condosingapore.

I do notice you had been quarreling with others and sprouting nonsense for almost 2 years, ever think of quitting to make this place more conducive?

Ringo33
09-04-14, 20:05
I do notice you had been quarreling with others and sprouting nonsense for almost 2 years, ever think of quitting to make this place more conducive?

I hope you dont mind that I add you to my ignore list.

Luke65
09-04-14, 20:06
We should invest anywhere, even in Jurong or west, but at the right price. Right price is subjective for each individual. Some make noise over 5%, while some owners don't even go for rental yield.

This thread is meaningless, the topic for discussion can go on forever and non conclusive.

Moo2010
09-04-14, 20:10
I hope you dont mind that I add you to my ignore list.

I also hope you don't mind if I categorize you and regulator under my "scum bag" list.

lajia
09-04-14, 20:19
exactly...Basically they just create a ground for more argues...lots of immatured ppl around I notice....sorry to say that. Too self centered and narrow minded....I'm out....;)

We should invest anywhere, even in Jurong or west, but at the right price. Right price is subjective for each individual. Some make noise over 5%, while some owners don't even go for rental yield.

This thread is meaningless, the topic for discussion can go on forever and non conclusive.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 00:30
Obviously you are one of those immatured people around....shame on you :rolleyes:

Hahaha, u not clone of crusader but u are the clone of that duanahnah I think....don't force me to setup a poll thread on u and u might get yourself a tight slap....if u want, just tell me..., u get it???

exactly...Basically they just create a ground for more argues...lots of immatured ppl around I notice....sorry to say that. Too self centered and narrow minded....I'm out....;)

Allthepies
10-04-14, 08:16
The growth opportunities are there for JLD.

HSR may come to JLD for strategic reason:

Quoted from another thread:

"Why I (PM Lee) selected Jurong East is due to its commercial and financial hub status in next few years outside CBD."

eng81157
10-04-14, 08:40
The growth opportunities are there for JLD.

HSR may come to JLD for strategic reason:

Quoted from another thread:

"Why I (PM Lee) selected Jurong East is due to its commercial and financial hub status in next few years outside CBD."

eh, don't anyhow say hor. the final location is still moot and you suggest PM Lee selected jurong east?!

elmo
10-04-14, 11:21
Generally, this is not the time to invest in property due to the ABSD and SSD. I will stay out at least until ABSD is taken out. For people who are already invested, I guess it is best to ride out the downturn and pray that interests rate remains low longer than expected.

As for location, generally felt that i prefer central and east as I am familiar with this zone. While investment suppose to be a rational decision, location get in the way as an emotional choice.

Allthepies
10-04-14, 11:56
I will start looking at woodland... it is in the initial growth phase. ... for city tanjong pagar/marina, growth area

Ringo33
10-04-14, 14:55
I will start looking at woodland... it is in the initial growth phase. ... for city tanjong pagar/marina, growth area

My advise is dont rush in on woodland yet because the regional center in woodland might actually take longer to materialize and i certainly would like to see the masterplan before investing.

Another thing to note is that RTS connection to JB might possibly take some heat off woodland region because in future, if they improve the CIQ process, it might be viable for people working in woodlands to stay in JB.

My 2 cents.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 15:49
Allthepies was talking about investing in Woodlands because it is at the initial phase of growth, if have to wait for masterplan to come out wouldn't prices have already moved up when you start buying after that? This is what I call nonsensical advice. It is no wonder why you ended up paying $1700psf for jurong. :doh:

My advise is dont rush in on woodland yet because the regional center in woodland might actually take longer to materialize and i certainly would like to see the masterplan before investing.

Another thing to note is that RTS connection to JB might possibly take some heat off woodland region because in future, if they improve the CIQ process, it might be viable for people working in woodlands to stay in JB.

My 2 cents.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 15:56
Allthepies was talking about investing in Woodlands because it is at the initial phase of growth, if have to wait for masterplan to come out wouldn't prices have already moved up when you start buying after that? This is what I call nonsensical advice. It is no wonder why you ended up paying $1700psf for jurong. :doh:

If you think otherwise, then perhaps you could tell us which project in woodland is worth investing to tap into the FUTURE growth potential.

I will bet my money that you cant come out with anything useful or intelligent.

Furthermore, please dont repeat what Allthepies are saying, we all can read what he has written. Is that a way to make yourself sound "savvy"? recycling what others are saying?

Anyway, I have just added you to my ignore list, you can continue to talk to the wall if you like.

If you continue to harass me in this forum, I will not hesitate to report you.

THIS IS A WARNING.

astroboy8681
10-04-14, 16:01
If you think otherwise, then perhaps you could tell us which project in woodland is worth investing to tap into the FUTURE growth potential.

Furthermore, please dont repeat what Allthepies are saying, we all can read what he has written. Is that a way to make yourself sound "savvy"? recycling what others are saying?

Anyway, I have just added you to my ignore list, you can continue to talk to the wall if you like.

THIS IS A WARNING.

why not your child anymore? am glad you'd learn... deserves a good spanking to wake up

Ringo33
10-04-14, 16:04

why not your child anymore? am glad you'd learn... deserves a good spanking to wake up

Welcome to Ringo33 ignore list.

And let me warn you again. If you continue to harass me in this forum, I will not hesitate to report you.

THIS IS A WARNING

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 16:20
Did I say I was going to advise anyone about Woodlands so why you ask me to come out with examples? As usual, a troll always puts words into people's mouths.

I was pointing out a flaw in your advice to allthepies, you buay song and start to threaten reporting me n say I harrass you. It is very dangerous having people like you in the forum who go around telling people to wait for masterplan to come out before buying coz you are effectively telling people to wait n pay a higher price later. I never claim to be savvy but I would rather not advice if I don't know, rather than throwing out advice (like you) when you are half baked about property.

Also hearing the advice of someone who can't justify why he use caspian n centris to justify jgateway as good investment is something forumers should all BEWARE!!!

THIS IS A WARNING.

minority
10-04-14, 18:57
petshop boy got song say go WEST leh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ04BG7TfA&list=RD7NZ04BG7TfA

CondoWE
10-04-14, 19:09

Westlife - "Flying Without Wings" very powerful leh..:D:D:D !

Everybody's looking for that something
One thing that makes it all complete
You'll find it in the strangest places
Places you never knew it could be

Ringo33
10-04-14, 19:28

Haha..

Go West, Where the growth is at
Go West, Plenty of tenant there
Go West, Better dont miss the boat
Go West, That's the promise land.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438451&postcount=2651

sunrise
11-04-14, 20:53
Haha..

Go West, Where the growth is at
Go West, Plenty of tenant there
Go West, Better dont miss the boat
Go West, That's the promise land.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438451&postcount=2651

beware, growing rubbish from south moving this way.
beware, many complaint too high rent.
beware, the lake only parked with sampan boat.
beware, a sewerage plant will occupy the vaccant land.

sunrise
12-04-14, 18:35
beware, growing rubbish from south moving this way.
beware, many complaint too high rent.
beware, the lake only parked with sampan boat.
beware, a sewerage plant will occupy the vaccant land.

Dragon change course?

lajia
13-04-14, 12:16
I realize that u are as rubbish as R33 ...or even to chase the status of whatever Star in this forum. Let's keep a good spirit, I hope someone rubbish doesn't make u a rubbish as well. :doh:
Full of nonsense, argue for the sake of arguing....

Dragon change course?

sunrise
13-04-14, 13:16
I realize that u are as rubbish as R33 ...or even to chase the status of whatever Star in this forum. Let's keep a good spirit, I hope someone rubbish doesn't make u a rubbish as well. :doh:

Me rubbish? You are junk!

teddybear
13-04-14, 15:05
That was what Ringo has been doing! Strange strange, why you didn't say him to be so? :tsk-tsk:
Biased I suppose? :rolleyes:

lajia
13-04-14, 15:48
U very free right?? Why don't u read all my posts then u comment....

That was what Ringo has been doing! Strange strange, why you didn't say him to be so? :tsk-tsk:

sunrise
13-04-14, 18:00

Chinese saying "snake, mouse same hiding ground"

lajia
13-04-14, 18:08
After seeing ur last few posts, my comment is still valid....anyway, I'm out of here....u can cont...;)

Chinese saying "snake, mouse same hiding ground"

sunrise
13-04-14, 18:39
After seeing ur last few posts, my comment is still valid....anyway, I'm out of here....u can cont...;)

If you cannot take blow, please leave. I had a lot of free time here.