PDA

View Full Version : Coco Palms

Pages : 1 [2]

yowetan
25-05-14, 15:42
I cleared my HDB so I managed to get 80% loan ..

I am confuse now. We still need to pay ABSD even though you have no outstanding housing loan?

mlchoo
25-05-14, 15:47
ABSD is on how many property you own. Nothing to do with housing loan.

I am confuse now. We still need to pay ABSD even though you have no outstanding housing loan?

yowetan
25-05-14, 15:49
ABSD is on how many property you own. Nothing to do with housing loan.

I see. I am very confused with all cooling measures nowadays.

kye
25-05-14, 15:49

Yes. ABSD is for 2nd property onwards. If there are outstanding mortgage loan with HDB then i won't be able to obtain as much as 80% for my 2nd unit. It's like, if I buy a 3rd property I will still be subjected to ABSD and my loan will probably be 50% .. . Meaning I have to fork out 50% down payment ..

mlchoo
25-05-14, 15:50
Hi Kye,

Congrats on your purchase. Like you I am still feeling elated on my purchase.
Will be your neighbour in 5 years time (hopefully can get keys earlier).

I cleared my HDB so I managed to get 80% loan ..

yowetan
25-05-14, 15:50
Yes. ABSD is for 2nd property onwards. If there are outstanding mortgage loan with HDB then i won't be able to obtain as much as 80% for my 2nd unit. It's like, if I buy a 3rd property I will still be subjected to ABSD and my loan will probably be 50% .. . Meaning I have to fork out 50% down payment ..

Thanks for clarifying. Enjoy your purchase. Take more photos.

Side track: It is definitely better than Hillview Peak.

mlchoo
25-05-14, 15:54
But you can get ABSD refund if you sell off your 1st property within 6 months of TOP/CSC whichever earlier. Note this only applicable to married couples.

I see. I am very confused with all cooling measures nowadays.

kye
25-05-14, 15:55
Hi Kye,

Congrats on your purchase. Like you I am still feeling elated on my purchase.
Will be your neighbour in 5 years time (hopefully can get keys earlier).

Hello my neighbor! Congratulations on your purchase too!! Which stack are you may I ask? Calm down calm down .. The foundation hasn't even started. Way too early to think about the keys though I'm equally excited !!

kye
25-05-14, 15:59
But you can get ABSD refund if you sell off your 1st property within 6 months of TOP/CSC whichever earlier. Note this only applicable to married couples.

Yah and if you say you are going to sell off your 1st property within 6 months after TOP, you can exhaust your CPF .. No need keep 74K minimum sum (OA & SA). For us, we can only use anything in excess of the minimum sum. Plus this minimum sum is going to increase on 1 July .. So I'm rushing my banker to complete the loan application ASAP

mlchoo
25-05-14, 16:06
You are right. Still a long wait. :)

I got stack 7, high floor. This stack my 1st choice (stack 47 2nd choice) because I wanted lagoon facing but without west sun. Hopefully high floor wont hear too much noise downstairs. Luckily the children playpool is far away, nearer to stack 47 actually. But mine a bit more walking to side gate. But car can stop at lobby downstairs and easily pop down to gym too. Every stack got pros and cons. Happy with one's purchase is the most important!

Hello my neighbor! Congratulations on your purchase too!! Which stack are you may I ask? Calm down calm down .. The foundation hasn't even started. Way too early to think about the keys though I'm equally excited !!

yl
25-05-14, 18:13
Yah and if you say you are going to sell off your 1st property within 6 months after TOP, you can exhaust your CPF .. No need keep 74K minimum sum (OA & SA). For us, we can only use anything in excess of the minimum sum. Plus this minimum sum is going to increase on 1 July .. So I'm rushing my banker to complete the loan application ASAP

Side track.abit...does bedder in coco palms come with induction cook or gas?

If induction cook able to do heavy cooking?

IsaacTan
25-05-14, 19:26
Side track.abit...does bedder in coco palms come with induction cook or gas?

If induction cook able to do heavy cooking?

Yes it does include.
But look a bit like hob cooker instead.
The brand used was Teka...may have a search on it

yl
25-05-14, 19:45
Yes it does include.
But look a bit like hob cooker instead.
The brand used was Teka...may have a search on it

Is the cooker given an induction hob? Most 2 bedders come with induction hob but I m not sure if can do heavy cooking
cooking.

IsaacTan
25-05-14, 21:06
Is the cooker given an induction hob? Most 2 bedders come with induction hob but I m not sure if can do heavy cooking
cooking.

Should not be a problem, unless you wanna cook till fire on the pan then it can't help.
Personally i prefer gas cooker as i like to cook too when i am free... :D

kelxz
25-05-14, 21:21
anyone knows if their lawyer received the SnP yet?

supercharged
25-05-14, 22:06
For reference sake,

My unit is #02-47, 753sqft (open kitchen concept) at approx. $1020 per sqft.

Stack 47 has no ground floor, below my unit (or outside of my balcony) should be the lagoon itself.

Was looking at stack 37 but all sold out :tongue3:

Buying to stay, me and my partner are below 30s.

Hello to all the neighbours here.

And yes, S&P just received on Friday 23rd May.

kelxz
25-05-14, 22:35
For reference sake,

My unit is #02-47, 753sqft (open kitchen concept) at approx. $1020 per sqft.

Stack 47 has no ground floor, below my unit (or outside of my balcony) should be the lagoon itself.

Was looking at stack 37 but all sold out :tongue3:

Buying to stay, me and my partner are below 30s.

Hello to all the neighbours here.

And yes, S&P just received on Friday 23rd May.

Thanks! Btw there is a 01-47 in the floor plan

beepbeep
26-05-14, 07:12
Neighbours of Coco Palms,

17th May is the day we braved thru the rain, sun and long balloting process for at least 3 hours and waited past midnight for the OTP to be issued, just to be one of the 944 owners in Coco Palms. Our perseverance paid off as the Coco Palms price increased by 1% the very next day.

Coco Palms facebook group was set up to gather all neighbours by simply follow the link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/cocopalms/

kye
03-06-14, 23:39
So happy! We finally went to the lawyers' today. Paperwork completed & now its just the payment of balance 15%. Hope the deductions from cpf can be done before 1 July otherwise I'll have to top up our minimum sum based on the newly declared amount .. sigh ..

supercharged
05-06-14, 12:09
Thanks! Btw there is a 01-47 in the floor plan

Pardon me for not knowing about this earlier. Thanks for pointing it out!

Time is crawling.. I want Coco palms to TOP soon.

johnoon
05-06-14, 17:12
Coco Palms Floor Plans : :D

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/coco-palms-condo/

Ferogi
14-06-14, 13:15
Coco Palms is having Father's Day celebrations tomorrow. Anyone knows what time the activities begin?

beepbeep
03-07-14, 09:22
Neighbours of Coco Palms,

17th May is the day we braved thru the rain, sun and long balloting process for at least 3 hours and waited past midnight for the OTP to be issued, just to be one of the 944 owners in Coco Palms. Our perseverance paid off as the Coco Palms price increased by 1% the very next day.

Coco Palms facebook group was set up to gather all neighbours by simply follow the link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/cocopalms/

leesg123
31-07-14, 22:25
any updates? any firesale?

beepbeep
04-08-14, 20:43
any updates? any firesale?

Price increase by 3%

25-10-14, 16:20
Same pics that were tag to 'The Palette' and 'D'Nest' threads...

25-11-14, 21:50
Hi everyone, took some pictures over the weekend and posted them on skyscrapercity forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=119377132&postcount=71

IsaacTan
27-11-14, 10:06
Price increase by 3%

Where to see the price increased?

microhdb
25-05-15, 08:13
Weekend saw the lorry ferrying the already built toilet (with floor/wall tiles) to coco palms site, I thought these pre-built toilet only applies to HDB ? Looks like condo is also using the same technique nowadays.

I also saw the outer walls is different, D'nest is using pre-built walls (like HDB), whereas stratum is using brick by brick method.

So, expect a lot of defects when TOP.

http://propertysoul.com/2015/05/25/developer-defects/

MrTan
25-05-15, 09:04
Weekend saw the lorry ferrying the already built toilet (with floor/wall tiles) to coco palms site, I thought these pre-built toilet only applies to HDB ? Looks like condo is also using the same technique nowadays.

I also saw the outer walls is different, D'nest is using pre-built walls (like HDB), whereas stratum is using brick by brick method.

Double posting. Anyway, defects r inevitable. It depends on how proactive the developer is in rectifying them, instead of giving reasons, explanations and excuses, and hiding behind statistics, rules & regulations, and minimum requirements.

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 10:10
I think the intention of the blog is crystal clear in stalling developer sales, and hopefully to dampen the property sentiments in one way or another.

But asking Singaporeans not to buy new properties is very much like asking them not to buy new cars because Volkswagen has a large degree of defective gears and clutches. One bamboo stick to capsize the whole ship (Chinese phrase).

Such arguments conveniently sidestep the aura of new properties, the financing relevance for upgraders and own stay, and the warranty provided. In this Internet age, I feel that developers generally need to be very responsible. If they sort of drag their feet like the recent cases, they have much to pay for in the future in terms of negative publicity.

MrTan
25-05-15, 12:16
I think the intention of the blog is crystal clear in stalling developer sales, and hopefully to dampen the property sentiments in one way or another.

But asking Singaporeans not to buy new properties is very much like asking them not to buy new cars because Volkswagen has a large degree of defective gears and clutches. One bamboo stick to capsize the whole ship (Chinese phrase).

Such arguments conveniently sidestep the aura of new properties, the financing relevance for upgraders and own stay, and the warranty provided. In this Internet age, I feel that developers generally need to be very responsible. If they sort of drag their feet like the recent cases, they have much to pay for in the future in terms of negative publicity.

The blog, jus like any other get rich and self enrichment/improvement texts and books, are good for references and case studies. Reading it and practicing it are two different things. Some can do it. Some cannot. It's all up to the individual and also depending on both the internal and the external circumstances. If everybody wants to be an entrepreneur, then who's going to be the working labor party? If everyone wants to do a 十三幺, then it will be a 死局 every game.

IsaacTan
25-05-15, 12:55
Pre-cast should be better than doing it with bricks.

MrTan
25-05-15, 12:58
Pre-cast should be better than doing it with bricks.

More expensive too.

IsaacTan
25-05-15, 13:36
but then why you said with more defects?
Cant correlate

MrTan
25-05-15, 14:02
Got say more defects meh? Can't trace it.

Home Lover
25-05-15, 14:27

Hi Microhdb

More defects due to pre-cast or brick by brick ? Which method is better ?

IsaacTan
25-05-15, 14:46
Ops. Its actually a post by MicroHdb...... :)

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 15:06
I searched online and pre-cast seems better than brick building.

http://www.broadgateconstruction.net/precast-concrete-a-faster-construction-technology/

http://www.bibm.eu/precast-concrete/10-reasons-for-choosing-precast-concrete?id=1058

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/precast-technology-the-latest-for-quality-of-construction/articleshow/21163272.cms

Not only saves time but also better quality.

Anyone who has any divergent views or evidence against the views please do share.

MrTan
25-05-15, 15:25
Ops. Its actually a post by MicroHdb...... :)

:) No worry. IMHO, prefab or not, does not determine number of defects. Number of defects is determined by the quality control of the main con and its sub cons during the construction and the furnishing phase. So u may be right, there is no correlation. :) Perhaps microhdb has more insights.

Home Lover
25-05-15, 15:47
Not sure if relevant.

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=31895&new=

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 16:11
Not sure if relevant.

Looks shady and lame to me to be frank. I have read arguments to say that dry walls can't mount TV, don't know whether it's true. But TV nowadays are getting very light, really can't mount? I think I mounted before, drill halfway inside somewhat empty, but still mounted happily with no problems...

The alternative is to customize a huge plank or console area design. I am sure it can be mounted. It's just part of our DNA to make what's not possible, very feasible, and turn our weaknesses into our strengths.

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 16:22
Not sure if relevant.

A differentiation article between pre-cast concrete walls, wood, and dry wall.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/precast-concrete-walls-vs-wood-or-drywall#b

Yuki
25-05-15, 21:02

correct me if I am wrong, the pre-bulit is not only applicable to HDB. there is a set of regulations which the property developers should adhere to. Now there is push towards higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor. The modules they used should also be as modular etc for faster and quicker build.

MrTan
25-05-15, 21:39
correct me if I am wrong, the pre-bulit is not only applicable to HDB. there is a set of regulations which the property developers should adhere to. Now there is push towards higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor. The modules they used should also be as modular etc for faster and quicker build.

If not wrong, prefab is now mandatory for new ECs and new mixed developments. Private full residential developments are still exempted from this currently. Prefab is more costly though. One more "reason" for the developers to "justify" the higher psf even if the land price they paid is lower than that during the peak period. Savings due to higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor? Coming from the developers - Savings? What is that? Can eat or not? Boh lay. Never hear before. Faster and quicker build may be true lah. Faster and quicker to collect money also.