PDA

View Full Version : Showflat aircon

princess_morbucks
20-03-14, 09:20
When you visit showflat, are the aircon there just for show or do they actually turn on the units?

I have not noticed it when I visited showflats.

I am buying a system 3 aircon for a unit that I am about to rent out and the company said that they have showflat aircon for sale which cost about $1k less for the whole system as compared to the brand new one.
They said the aircon used in showflats are just placed there for show and not turned on so it is as good as new.

The company also said that the showflat aircon has the same warranty as the brand new one.

Care to comment on whether the air con in showflats are on or not?
Thanks in advance.

sherlock
20-03-14, 09:27
I believed they are turned on... so in terms of usage it could comparable to a few months of home use. 1k is not a bad discount and since got warranty can consider

princess_morbucks
20-03-14, 10:30
I believed they are turned on... so in terms of usage it could comparable to a few months of home use. 1k is not a bad discount and since got warranty can consider

Thanks for your reply.
Next time I shall be more observant when I visit showflats!

CondoWE
20-03-14, 15:24
Thanks for your reply.
Next time I shall be more observant when I visit showflats!

Hi Sis,

Do you notice that all the lightings include down lights turn on when you visited the showflat? With all the lightings, they need aircon to cool the showflat else nobody will come in liao :scared-4: so I pretty sure that the aircon was turn on within the operating hour all the way till the showflat tear down :D.

radha08
20-03-14, 16:21
When you visit showflat, are the aircon there just for show or do they actually turn on the units?

I am buying a system 3 aircon for a unit that I am about to rent out and the company said that they have showflat aircon for sale which cost about $1k less for the whole system as compared to the brand new one.
They said the aircon used in showflats are just placed there for show and not turned on so it is as good as new.

The company also said that the showflat aircon has the same warranty as the brand new one.

Thanks in advance.

congrats on being a landlord:D:cheers1:

radha08
20-03-14, 16:22
oh by the way gain city expo sale starts tommorow at spore expo...they are champion for aircons...;)

solsys
20-03-14, 22:14
I think what they meant is the air-con are fixed in showflat for display, aesthetics purposes.

There is definitely cool air in the showflat but they do not come from these air-con but instead come from the central aircon........

DC33_2008
21-03-14, 08:56
Is it worth it? These split units may have been recycled in several showflats. Those suppliers will give you all the assurance as they are salesmen. I got a colleague who bought a system 3 that is not from the usual brand, ie more of making computers. Just after 8 months of operation, the condensing system fails and contractor said they are just installer, you have to talk to the air-cond dealer. He has changed the motherboard as they came the heat is too high in the yard area and the orientation of the condensing can reject heat easily. I have system that has been running for more than 15 years. There are no problem. There is a few brands/models which is worth paying for as it gives you a piece of mind without tenants calling us for air-cond problem. ;)

Thanks in advance.

princess_morbucks
21-03-14, 09:41
I think what they meant is the air-con are fixed in showflat for display, aesthetics purposes.

There is definitely cool air in the showflat but they do not come from these air-con but instead come from the central aircon........

Yes, that's what the salesman said.

Is it worth it? These split units may have been recycled in several showflats. Those suppliers will give you all the assurance as they are salesmen. I got a colleague who bought a system 3 that is not from the usual brand, ie more of making computers. Just after 8 months of operation, the condensing system fails and contractor said they are just installer, you have to talk to the air-cond dealer. He has changed the motherboard as they came the heat is too high in the yard area and the orientation of the condensing can reject heat easily. I have system that has been running for more than 15 years. There are no problem. There is a few brands/models which is worth paying for as it gives you a piece of mind without tenants calling us for air-cond problem. ;)

Thanks for your input!
The salesman said that the aircon company is giving exactly the same warranty as for the new set, ie 5 years compressor and 1 year parts guarantee.

I think I will just take the risk and seehow it goes.

matrix0405
21-03-14, 09:51
IF it is a major brand + full warranty + $1K savings, why not?

princess_morbucks
21-03-14, 09:55
IF it is a major brand + full warranty + $1K savings, why not?
Yes, it is a good brand.
The one which featured Jack Neo.

DC33_2008
21-03-14, 14:41
The "S" brand also good. Do not try "F" brand.
Yes, it is a good brand.
The one which featured Jack Neo.

Ringo33
21-03-14, 14:54

Thanks in advance.

The issue is on the installation and warranty. If you encounter problem after say 1 year, you will be on your own because, manufacturer doesnt guarantee used goods, and installers doesnt take responsibility on used goods either.

For rental apartment best is to buy brand new from reputable companies and have a peace of mind because if anything goes wrong its going to cost more than $1k to fix.

CondoWE
22-03-14, 14:29
Yes, that's what the salesman said.

Thanks for your input!
The salesman said that the aircon company is giving exactly the same warranty as for the new set, ie 5 years compressor and 1 year parts guarantee.

I think I will just take the risk and seehow it goes.

Just went to Lakeville showflat this morning, the aircon in the 2br, 3br and 5br showrooms are not for show but indeed really turn on. Mean that their 6 months usage is like 1~2yrs of normal home usage so take note of that :(.

Ringo33
22-03-14, 16:24
Just went to Lakeville showflat this morning, the aircon in the 2br, 3br and 5br showrooms are not for show but indeed really turn on. Mean that their 6 months usage is like 1~2yrs of normal home usage so take note of that :(.

Is the show flat open for viewing? Or only for agent briefing?

CondoWE
22-03-14, 17:39
Is the show flat open for viewing? Or only for agent briefing?

Yes, show flat open at 10.30am today but for those who has registered under VVIP only.

princess_morbucks
22-03-14, 21:42

Thanks for the input!
Then I wonder why the company told me they are just display sets.
I also wonder why the aircon manufacturer is willing to give the full guarantee on it?
Anyway I have decided to take the risk and just get it, since the order has already been placed.

Ringo33
22-03-14, 21:47
Thanks for the input!
Then I wonder why the company told me they are just display sets.
I also wonder why the aircon manufacturer is willing to give the full guarantee on it?
Anyway I have decided to take the risk and just get it, since the order has already been placed.

who is doing the installation for you? How many years warranty?

princess_morbucks
22-03-14, 22:19
who is doing the installation for you? How many years warranty?

An aircon company is installing it for me.
I have used this company for many years.
The warranty is by the aircon manufacturer - 5 years compressor and 1 year parts guarantee, with optional extended guarantee by the company.

This company did not offer me the display set.
It was only after I asked them if there are alternatives as it is for a rental unit, that they offered me the display set.

chestnut
24-03-14, 09:12
Princess, 2 things to note
1. If u are replacing current air con, keep receipt to claim against tax.
2. Good deal, compressor is the expensive one. If got 5 years warranty, it's ok...

Cheers

princess_morbucks
24-03-14, 10:31
2. Good deal, compressor is the expensive one. If got 5 years warranty, it's ok...

Cheers

Thanks, bro chestnut!
But this is my first time letting out the unit, so if I am not wrong, I can't claim against tax.

DC33_2008
24-03-14, 12:43
It reminds me of the time of the year again with tax reporting. Got to ensure to include all relevant expenses to reduce income. :beats-me-man:

Cheers

Rosy
24-03-14, 19:04

Cheers

Actually compressor usually do not spoil within 5years. Problems often arise with the blowers. Labor and parts can be quite expensive for the blowers.

So my advice would be to buy from gain city and buy the 1+4 years extended warranty. Also need to ensure tenants take up quarterly servicing contract preferably from gain city so that they will honor the unlimited warranty for the first 5 years. Very high aircon usage by tenants especially from the western countries. They will turn on whenever they are at home.

Ringo33
24-03-14, 19:07
on the subject on tax, I do understand that some tenant or landlord prefer to split their rental into part rent and part for furniture. Does it mean that when reporting for tax, you exclude the part for renting furniture?

Rosy
24-03-14, 19:13
on the subject on tax, I do understand that some tenant or landlord prefer to split their rental into part rent and part for furniture. Does it mean that when reporting for tax, you exclude the part for renting furniture?

Full amount must be reported.

Allthepies
24-03-14, 19:29
If im not wrong, u can only deduct against furnitures when the landlord actually rent the furnitures to furnish the rental house...am I correct?

DC33_2008
24-03-14, 21:20
Are you sure? :p
If im not wrong, u can only deduct against furnitures when the landlord actually rent the furnitures to furnish the rental house...am I correct?

Ringo33
25-03-14, 00:13
Apparently Hiring of furniture is tax deductible.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=160