PDA

View Full Version : Travel

Lav123
17-03-14, 08:32
Anybody ever encounter the following:
1) Book a specific tour package and get 3 days free travel to another country.
2) During enquiry, the counter staff will explain the details of the tour and even show you the photographs of the places. It spends about 20 mins in explaining.
3) If you tell her that you will consider, she will say that promotion is for 1st 10 people only and then she will ask you for your phone and when can give her reply.

What do you all think of this type of tour agency?

eng81157
17-03-14, 10:17
just a sales gimmick. if seats on the tour are truly that sought after or the deal is THAT good, trust me - you won't be in the first ten, as claimed

hyenergix
17-03-14, 10:32
Normally it is only first 2 or 3 couples who signed up get the best discount. The rest have no discount. 10 people is about first 5 couples, so maybe it is applicable if they are aiming for a big group. But big group is usually very problematic.

Lav123
17-03-14, 19:32
I like the itinerary and the price is quite reasonable but the reviews on this agency not so good. Some of them complained that they didn't get what they promise eg 4 stars hotel turn out to be a 2 stars hotel. Counter staff not friendly after confirm the tour. Tips already agreed in S'pore but over at the other country, the tour guide requested extra for the driver. Food not so good also, all vegetables etc etc. For the free trip, they will give u a small room (2 single beds) to accommodate 3 of them and when asked, the tour guide replied what do you expect it is FOC. What do you all think? This is a small agency only and seems that most of the staff are PRC. I went there to check on the tour last Sunday and it was crowded on that day.

eng81157
18-03-14, 13:09
I like the itinerary and the price is quite reasonable but the reviews on this agency not so good. Some of them complained that they didn't get what they promise eg 4 stars hotel turn out to be a 2 stars hotel. Counter staff not friendly after confirm the tour. Tips already agreed in S'pore but over at the other country, the tour guide requested extra for the driver. Food not so good also, all vegetables etc etc. For the free trip, they will give u a small room (2 single beds) to accommodate 3 of them and when asked, the tour guide replied what do you expect it is FOC. What do you all think? This is a small agency only and seems that most of the staff are PRC. I went there to check on the tour last Sunday and it was crowded on that day.

why don't u go free & easy? i've always sworn by it, gives me a chance to experience truly authentic local stuff and not get pushed into touristy joints

which country u heading to?

Lav123
19-03-14, 11:00
why don't u go free & easy? i've always sworn by it, gives me a chance to experience truly authentic local stuff and not get pushed into touristy joints

which country u heading to?

Going to Korea. Afraid that there might be communication and transport problems.

eng81157
19-03-14, 11:10
couple of my friends tried free & easy and they say it's not a problem. probably have a good guidebook.

by the way, you can opt for local day tours too. just ask your hotel conceirge for information.

azeoprop
19-03-14, 11:11
If you just travel within seoul and its immediate surrounding then it is quite ok. There are many chinese speaking staffs in almost every shop and restaurant. :scared-4:

Lav123
20-03-14, 08:11
couple of my friends tried free & easy and they say it's not a problem. probably have a good guidebook.

by the way, you can opt for local day tours too. just ask your hotel conceirge for information.

Maybe that's is another alternative. Happen to view one of the websites, there is a company specially cater for the land tour in Korea, review not bad too.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g294197-d2194650-Reviews-Korea_Private_Tours_Day_Tours-Seoul.html

If you just travel within seoul and its immediate surrounding then it is quite ok. There are many chinese speaking staffs in almost every shop and restaurant.

Thought of going to Jeju Island too, heard that the scenery is very nice over there.

eng81157
20-03-14, 08:14
the land tours over there are much cheaper too, since a middleman is eliminated