PDA

View Full Version : Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Intrepid Explorer 2.0
19-09-06, 04:12
Upcoming joint development by CDL and Capitaland at West Coast Park:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9858/westcoastlaunchingsoon3fy4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3811/westcoastlaunchingsoon4dv2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

parkview
18-01-07, 17:03
This is the former Parkview Condominium site that CDL and Capitaland purchased en bloc in a 50:50 joint venture for $165 million. The total cost of the project is estimated to be at $320 million.

parkview
18-01-07, 17:03
This is the former Parkview Condominium site that CDL and Capitaland purchased en bloc in a 50:50 joint venture for $165 million. The total cost of the project is estimated to be at $320 million.

In July 2003. Long before the en bloc craze started.

kahlid
18-01-07, 17:56
is this the site beside Blue Horizon?

bagus
22-01-07, 20:58
its actualli near to infiniti & next to monetary park

is this the site beside Blue Horizon?

scooby
22-01-07, 23:46

can somebody post some information and opinions on infiniti? i am curious to know what u think.... what is the comparison advantage/disadvantage between infinit and those along pasir panjang like that one near NUS... i forgot the name..

Asia Bagus
23-01-07, 03:10

Sir, I believe the actual name is Monterey Park! ;) However, given some of the ridiculous condo names that exist in Singapore, a future development could very possibly be named Monetary Park. After all, we already have Rich Mansions, Fortuna Gardens, Bullion Park, Fortune Jade, Goldenhill Park Condominium, and the excellently named Lucky Tower!

Botania
29-03-07, 06:53
Launching soon! Be prepared to be blown away! West Coast as you know it will never be the same again! The will be the best large West Coast development so far. :D

revieli
10-04-07, 12:49
When is it going to be launched to public?

Launching soon! Be prepared to be blown away! West Coast as you know it will never be the same again! The will be the best large West Coast development so far. :D

Unregistered
10-04-07, 23:49
Sir, I believe the actual name is Monterey Park! ;) However, given some of the ridiculous condo names that exist in Singapore, a future development could very possibly be named Monetary Park. After all, we already have Rich Mansions, Fortuna Gardens, Bullion Park, Fortune Jade, Goldenhill Park Condominium, and the excellently named Lucky Tower!

How about Posh Grove East? I think that takes the cake! ;)

joe
18-04-07, 15:32
Have heard that they will be pricing this at $700 psf!!!!!!! :scared-4:

revieli
18-04-07, 17:10
Went to Carabelle and Infinity over the weekend. Thought Botania's showflat was opened and was wondering how come no cars are parked there. Then security said its not opened yet. Think it's this weekend?

Anyway Botania's area is big, as they are taking over the entire Hong Leong Garden, including the shopping area. Heard they are going to revamp it, so should be good.

Personally I find this part of west coast, including Monterey, Carabelle, and Infiniti quite out of the way, but if you like quiet and exclusive environment, this could be it because it's surrounded by pte property.

But if really launched at $700psf, I wonder if people really pay that much for a property here??

Unregistered
18-04-07, 17:28
Have heard that they will be pricing this at $700 psf!!!!!!! :scared-4:

overpriced?
especially so many projects nearby coming out almost at the same time
I just don't see the uniquess for any one of these projects other than talking about lay-out, facilities and finishes
Then again, what makes a property to maintain value and appreciate in future is about location, location and location!

steppy
19-04-07, 11:10
Anyway Botania's area is big, as they are taking over the entire Hong Leong Garden, including the shopping area. Heard they are going to revamp it, so should be good.

Err....Botania is being built on the old ParkView condo site. Hong Leong Gardens has only been acquired recently by CDL in March 2007 for $131.5m. The Shopping area (Hong Leong Gardens Shopping Centre) is not part of the deal and has not been enbloc yet.

revieli
19-04-07, 12:28
haha the sales agent gave me wrong info...how professional...

Unregistered
19-04-07, 16:52
overpriced?
especially so many projects nearby coming out almost at the same time
I just don't see the uniquess for any one of these projects other than talking about lay-out, facilities and finishes
Then again, what makes a property to maintain value and appreciate in future is about location, location and location!

I totally argee,
even in prime areas, you can sense the game for making a quick buck in subsale is getting very difficult to play. Many of them are showing signs of desperation and start to advertised for 2% sales comission to anyone who can get rid of their units. I will not be suprised some of them will get burnt.

For Botania, you can forget about it if you want to punt!

Unregistered
19-04-07, 17:18

Don't be surprised there will be huge crowd at the soft launch tomorrow and this weekend.

Many of the folks from Monterey, and those who bought "infinti" and Carabelle" will be there too to check out the sales to make themself feeling their property is also on the rise.

It is just human instinct

Unregistered
19-04-07, 17:37

poor u... kenna smoked. btw, i totally agree that west coast will nvr be the same again... since ginza plaza is under renov... once that place is done up, prices there will not be the same anymore

Unregistered
20-04-07, 11:04
Botannia @ West Coast has launched! Fetching more than $750 psf for a 956-yr project, combo launched by CDL and Capitaland.

Now it's a fish market there.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 11:17
Botannia @ West Coast has launched! Fetching more than $750 psf for a 956-yr project, combo launched by CDL and Capitaland.

Now it's a fish market there.

Is it too late to get in the game of "musical chair" for that area?

The area to me is totally uninspiring, but then again, when the tidy wave comes, everything moves

Unregistered
20-04-07, 13:55
Anyone went down to see Botania?
How does it compare to Carabelle & Infiniti?

Unregistered
20-04-07, 14:43
Personally I think Botania is too pricy, think it's at least 5-8% more than Infinity, but layout & finishing is better than Carabelle though still fall way behind Infinity (I still prefer the layout and finishing in Infinity). In terms of convenient, I think Infinity & Carabelle is more convenient since you could get buses along the AYE, but how you get out of Botania if you don't drive?

That are just my thoughts.....

Unregistered
20-04-07, 17:02
Personally I think Botania is too pricy, think it's at least 5-8% more than Infinity, but layout & finishing is better than Carabelle though still fall way behind Infinity (I still prefer the layout and finishing in Infinity). In terms of convenient, I think Infinity & Carabelle is more convenient since you could get buses along the AYE, but how you get out of Botania if you don't drive?

That are just my thoughts.....

Did you buy a unit in Infiniti?
I also think the layout & finishing of Infiniti is better.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 17:21
I'm discussing with my family.... likely to make a decision by this weekend. And I'm likely to go for Infinity. Anything I should look out for?

Thanks!

steppy
23-04-07, 11:59
Anyone went down to the soft launch over the weekend? How was the response?

Unregistered
23-04-07, 13:14
Anyone went down to the soft launch over the weekend? How was the response?

anyone know how many blocks were launched over the weekend and what is the percentage sold?

Unregistered
26-04-07, 01:53
first day only 40 plus units sold. There are 100 plus layouts to choose from, very headache. A bit pricy, considering the location.

Unregistered
26-04-07, 10:04
first day only 40 plus units sold. There are 100 plus layouts to choose from, very headache. A bit pricy, considering the location.
location,location,location.This is a good location to u????????????????????

Unregistered
26-04-07, 10:27
location,location,location.This is a good location to u????????????????????

Then again, if this is a good location, it will go for at least $1,000 psf for freehold property. You get what you paid for

The question is When those $1,000 psf property today becomes 2000 psf, will price psf for this project double as well?

Unregistered
26-04-07, 11:06
Then again, if this is a good location, it will go for at least $1,000 psf for freehold property. You get what you paid for

The question is When those $1,000 psf property today becomes 2000 psf, will price psf for this project double as well?
Yes,paper value.Look around this area,new projects coming up fast.Two to three years time for sub-sale,buyer look at location,location,location.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 00:01

In boom time, the more exclusive the property is, the faster the rise
In major down turn, the expensive property could come down even faster the the mass market property

If you have a lot of money to spare, investing in ultra exclusive property is still is the best beat as the property trends in major cities such as Singapore in the last two years have prove the point. Many of these properties in these city have already more than recover from the low and in fact in many cases have reached historic high. As to the mass market, it still got some ways to go to reach level in 1996

Unregistered
28-04-07, 11:38
Is it too late to get in the game of "musical chair" for that area?

The area to me is totally uninspiring, but then again, when the tidy wave comes, everything moves

I was there a week ago to look at the showflat.
The agent whom I met was frantically calling my mobile yesterday afternoon to inform me today will be launced and price will increase, begging me to take advantage of the "low price" before price increase in just a few hrs.

Guess what, I just find out they did not increae the price this morning. I will not be surprised very soon, developer may have to throw in a BMW to attarct buyers as more and more projects from the enbloc lands in that area are being release

Unregistered
28-04-07, 12:40
I was there a week ago to look at the showflat.
The agent whom I met was frantically calling my mobile yesterday afternoon to inform me today will be launced and price will increase, begging me to take advantage of the "low price" before price increase in just a few hrs.

Guess what, I just find out they did not increae the price this morning. I will not be surprised very soon, developer may have to throw in a BMW to attarct buyers as more and more projects from the enbloc lands in that area are being release
Buy 3,get 1 free.The developer still make good M.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 13:18
Buy 3,get 1 free.The developer still make good M.

Good grief
Be optimistic, property boom has just started
besides, when the property boom spread to HDB, HDB owners may have the money to join in the push in case the mass market has trouble in moving up crazy like those units at the waterfront and orchard

Undecided One
02-05-07, 16:34
Anyone know how much units in Botannia are left? With Carabelle sold out, I can only consider Botannia & Infiniti in that area.
Looks like Infiniti is the cheaper option & it's finishing looks good too. A cost effective solution.

Any experts out there that can give me some tips for considerations? I am buying for self stay.

Cheers!

bagus
02-05-07, 17:10
Anyone know how much units in Botannia are left? With Carabelle sold out, I can only consider Botannia & Infiniti in that area.
Looks like Infiniti is the cheaper option & it's finishing looks good too. A cost effective solution.

Any experts out there that can give me some tips for considerations? I am buying for self stay.

Cheers!

it voices down to what u like. Infinti itself is next to transportation very convient but ECP is a killer.... Bontannia, although is a bit further from transportation but much more quiet....

Have u seen the bontannia showflat?
Have u seen the infinti showflat?

Which one do u prefer?
Each got its own unique style of living.....

PM me for more personal comments.... ;)

Undecided One
02-05-07, 18:53
Hi Bagus,

Thanks for the tips. I actually saw both showroom.
Kind of like the Infiniti one more. I have my concerns on the AYE but like someone has posted earlier, the layers of trees & water features may absorb/dampen the road noise.

When I stand outside the showroom of Infiniti, it does not sound that bad. Actually Carabelle is also next to the road. So those chaps that bought units near the AYE will also have the same problems. Further down the road, Hong Leong Gardens will also have the same problems.

One more things, I was told that the Botannia monthly maintenance cost for a 3 bedrooms is more than S$300. While the same unit in Infiniti only cost S$250.

Botannia is more expensive and have more than 500 units. While Infiniti has 300plus units.

Wow, the more I write it looks like I am leaning more towards Infiniti!
;)

Have to discuss with my finance minister these few days & make up my mind soon!

Unregistered
03-05-07, 21:12
Hi Bagus,

Kind of like the Infiniti one more. I have my concerns on the AYE but like someone has posted earlier, the layers of trees & water features may absorb/dampen the road noise.

When I stand outside the showroom of Infiniti, it does not sound that bad. Actually Carabelle is also next to the road. So those chaps that bought units near the AYE will also have the same problems. Further down the road, Hong Leong Gardens will also have the same problems.

One more things, I was told that the Botannia monthly maintenance cost for a 3 bedrooms is more than S$300. While the same unit in Infiniti only cost S$250.

Botannia is more expensive and have more than 500 units. While Infiniti has 300plus units.

;)

Can go for CES- The Parc-668 units@ west coast walk.Coming soon

camelot
03-05-07, 21:59
Hi Bagus,

;)

If you wanna go for Infiniti, then go for lower floors. The higher you go, the noisier it will be as noice travels up.

What I did was I went to the HDB blocks along AYE.... Man! It was unbearable on the 10th floor. At ground level still bearable.

Good Luck!

Unregistered
03-05-07, 22:13
If you wanna go for Infiniti, then go for lower floors. The higher you go, the noisier it will be as noice travels up.

What I did was I went to the HDB blocks along AYE.... Man! It was unbearable on the 10th floor. At ground level still bearable.

Good Luck!

Camelot, may I know which HDB blocks you go to? I want to try to feel the noise level too. Will want to walk down from 10 floor to ground floor.....

camelot
05-05-07, 00:09
Camelot, may I know which HDB blocks you go to? I want to try to feel the noise level too. Will want to walk down from 10 floor to ground floor.....

Sorry I don't remember the name but it's on the same side as Infiniti..... just travel along AYE towards the city.

camelot
05-05-07, 00:13

A tip -- you may wanna consider subsale units at Varsity Park / Clementiwoods instead... tho 99-yr... they are at a better location... price wise if am not wrong... only ~$550-650psf.

Unregistered
05-05-07, 15:37
A tip -- you may wanna consider subsale units at Varsity Park / Clementiwoods instead... tho 99-yr... they are at a better location... price wise if am not wrong... only ~$550-650psf.

I was told that 99 yrs property will depreciate fast. So I did not really consider these 2 development....

camelot
05-05-07, 16:41
I was told that 99 yrs property will depreciate fast. So I did not really consider these 2 development....

In a rising market, everything goes up but some more than the others. The high flyers are those in better locations. E.g. Infiniti versus CW.... The former been launched for a while now and still not sold out whereas the latter was sold out within 2 weeks. Don't worry so much abt tenure.... look at Marina Bay residences... The Sail.... Orchard Turn... they are all 99-yr projects!

steppy
14-05-07, 11:00
Anyone here have the latest on how are they doing?

Unregistered
19-05-07, 16:12
Anyone here have the latest on how are they doing?

Hmm... seems like not much interest in Botannia compared to Carabelle... Hardly anyone really ask about it nowadays.

ht
21-05-07, 21:55
was there last weekend, think this is too pricy, riding on the fever...little upside for investment.

just my personal opinion.

Unregistered
22-05-07, 08:59
was there last weekend, think this is too pricy, riding on the fever...little upside for investment.

just my personal opinion.

so how much is the pricing? how many sold?

ht
22-05-07, 20:50
about 750psf !!

Boeing driver
22-05-07, 21:01
about 750psf !!

Dun think it'll go down... cos CDL has another plot in the area (hong leong gardens) and thus they will likely keep this price and perhaps launch HLG at higher prices

St.
24-05-07, 09:10
I went down to showroom a week ago and was told the psf is some $680 after discount -- e.g. 16% off for NPS.

Boeing Driver
24-05-07, 11:05
I went down to showroom a week ago and was told the psf is some $680 after discount -- e.g. 16% off for NPS.

$680psf, for 3 bedroom? not too bad pricing.

Unregistered
24-05-07, 22:14
Those sales agent had their noses so darn high up during the private launch. Refused to give any discount when I was there even though I was promised some early bird discounts when I met an agent before the launch. Now they realised they have priced themselves out of the market....started giving discounts left and right.....

steppy
25-05-07, 14:46
Those sales agent had their noses so darn high up during the private launch. Refused to give any discount when I was there even though I was promised some early bird discounts when I met an agent before the launch. Now they realised they have priced themselves out of the market....started giving discounts left and right.....
Interesting - with CDL having bought Hong Leong Gardens enbloc recently, it would be fun to see how they work their pricing strategy to protect the value of HLG.

Further added complication Botannia is a JV between CDL and Cap Land...

blackjack21trader
02-06-07, 18:53
Interesting - with CDL having bought Hong Leong Gardens enbloc recently, it would be fun to see how they work their pricing strategy to protect the value of HLG.

Further added complication Botannia is a JV between CDL and Cap Land...

it will not be fun watching it , here's why:

1) The size of Singapore is nothing compared to cities like Tokyo or New York. So, price wise, it should filtered out from the central core to outer regions like west coast or east coast in a very rapid manner.

2) If you talk about a worldclass city, the whole of Singapore has to be worldclass.

3) The foreigners want the best of both worlds- a city with solid infrastructure coupled with nature like our neighbours can provide by taking a yatch ride.

So, it will be a matter of less time you see price jump like what u are seeing now. My humble opinion is even MP will be snapped up in a blink of an eye very soon. I dun think Botannia has anything to do with what you are seeing now.

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

If u think otherwise, please do not hesitate to hammer my little post here ;)

JMHO

Cya later, alligators....

Boeingdriver
03-06-07, 14:37
it will not be fun watching it , here's why:

1) The size of Singapore is nothing compared to cities like Tokyo or New York. So, price wise, it should filtered out from the central core to outer regions like west coast or east coast in a very rapid manner.

2) If you talk about a worldclass city, the whole of Singapore has to be worldclass.

3) The foreigners want the best of both worlds- a city with solid infrastructure coupled with nature like our neighbours can provide by taking a yatch ride.

So, it will be a matter of less time you see price jump like what u are seeing now. My humble opinion is even MP will be snapped up in a blink of an eye very soon. I dun think Botannia has anything to do with what you are seeing now.

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

If u think otherwise, please do not hesitate to hammer my little post here ;)

JMHO

Cya later, alligators....

I hope u are right... got 2 properties in west coast area

blackjack21trader
03-06-07, 23:42
I hope u are right... got 2 properties in west coast area

mark my post and see ; checkout the transacted prices for yourself roughly after July 15, 2007. where do u think i move my vested interests in D9 to after they enbloc-ed me twice? I count myself lucky now that I was enbloc-ed a year and a half ago.

Your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

but if u feel that I am trying to talk up west coast, be my guest and please hammer me as i am really trying to do that here; athough my voice is a little too soft LOL :

I tried using the AYE expressway ( must make U turn at exit at Jurong Town Hall, I think ) to go to the central core from HLG and the timing is a decent 20mins travelling at 80km/hr at around 3pm on weekdays.

I like West Coast for the abundance of light industries at the southern tip. The population here also appears to be higher in academic and professional achievement as I managed to socialise with quite a few West Coasters at the Park.

do also note that foreigners only know how to "calculate" their investments in US$. So S$1 million is actually affordable for most of their middle managers.

JMHO- correct me if I am wrong

Unregistered
04-06-07, 17:11
I agree about the West Coast. It is still a relatively undiscovered gem. Most buyers so far have been following the herd: Marina Bay, Orchard, East Coast. Little have they cared about the price attractiveness of West Coast and the investment potential that it brings.

I have always insisted to my friends that the coastal location will always be there. The ship and container industry will not.

This area is very low-rise, peaceful, and low density. Developers had also begun buying up land quite some time ago.

pros:

- NUS
- one north
- science parks
- near Sentosa IR
- near Holland Village
- on the coast line thus possible to get seaview if shipyards move to Tuas(or Jurong island view, depending)
- on hilly terrain
- lots of private freehold land, parks, and greenery
- lots of old and unoptimised industrial and military estates ripe for commercial and residential development

cons: PSA, Keppel, container and shipyards

I think the URA has realised this already. I remember reading an article about future plans to relocate the shipping industry away from south and west coast, to the newly reclaimed land at Tuas (Tuas View extension). Take away the only con, and the pros are glaringly obvious.

ht
04-06-07, 21:20
I heard that Botannia has not fully launched all their units, the new prices for the subsequent launch could be an indication of how quickly the developer anticipates the west coast area will close the gap.

Then again, the developer may just be holding for right time to make a killing.....

Unregistered
05-06-07, 10:26
Botannia may go even higher. that would make the buyers of Carabelle and the Infinit happier, because there is no reason for a large gap in pricing to exist among the three projects. These are clones of one another. There is just one project really: The west coast project.

Of the three, Botannia has a worst prospect for earning rental income. it is next to a vase expanse of empty land, which will become a source of noise when it is sold for a new development. I can imagine the din waking up all the foreigners from their nap on the sunday afternoon.

ht
05-06-07, 15:36
I concur your point about the "West Coast Project". We will all be seen as a group or condo cluster rather than isolated projects.

While I got infiniti, I hope Botannia get sold out with good price points too. It will bring more upside to Carabelle and Infiniti.

Nevertheless, even if the upside is not realised in the next 2 years, all these projects will certainly make wonderful homes :) :) :cool: :cool:

Unregistered
05-06-07, 16:07
Botannia is going to be sold out soon (one more month?). CDL guys told me that they have only 20 4-bedroomers unsold. To quote that guy: "it is selling very well."

We did not buy Botannia cuz we thought it is too expensive. But there are people who think otherwise.

blackjack21trader
05-06-07, 17:19
Wah... very optimistic huh? I only aim for 50%. 100% return? kinda optimistic?

What's your reasoning for 100% gain?

i belive one of his reasonings is the same as mine, and his view is not optimistic at all- just plain pragmatic :

The increasing ease of becoming a millionaire became clear Tuesday ( Apr 2006 ) , with the announcement that the ranks of world millionaires had swelled to 8.7 million last year ( 2005 ) half a million more than the population of New York City.
Millionaires also invested more aggressively, pouring cash into emerging markets and pulling it out of fixed income holdings, as their wealth reached $33.3 trillion, more than double U.S. economic output, a study by Merrill Lynch and consultancy Capgemini found.

what do u think the number will be now and over the next 5 years? and why we are now wooing this new group of rich to our humble little island ?:doh: this effect is already felt in our CDB district. Come 2010 coupled with the "Sands" Effect, what do u think will happen ?

for the benefit of those not sure what is "Sands" effect, see below extract:

Macau's turning point came in 2002 when Stanley Ho's license expired..... Galaxy then granted rights to its partner, Adelson's Sands, to open casinos. Chen Zuo'er, deputy director of the State Council's Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office in Beijing, calls the opening of the gaming sector "a revolution." Wynn and Adelson are two of the visionaries who transformed Vegas from a sleazy gambling pit to one of the world's top tourist destinations. And as an added boost, China in 2003 began lifting travel restrictions on mainlanders ........

The effect of these reforms has been nothing short of miraculous. Macau's GDP grew 47.6% in last year's (2003 ) second quarter—yes, we put the decimal point in the right place—and for all of 2004, it is expected to grow more than 20%. Long-stagnant sectors have been given new life. In 1995 the government opened a grand, new airport, only to discover that few airlines wanted to use it. But last year, Asia's leading no-frills carrier, Malaysian-based AirAsia, began flying in from Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. Richard Branson's Australian-based airline Virgin Blue is in talks with China National Aviation Corp. to launch a budget carrier with the territory as its base.
But the hottest part of the economy is property. Macau resembles a city-size construction site as many once empty buildings are fixed up or rebuilt and rented out, especially as apartments. ........

JMHO, as always, hammer me if u disagree with me.

question?
05-06-07, 17:44
We are wooing this new breed of millionaires to our humble little island. But will they come?

Why would they buy property in Singapore when the property downturn is just beginning in USA and several European countries, notably Spain and Greece. If these new millionaires wanted a nice piece of property, they will just buy them in the USA, Spain, Greece, whatever.. at low low prices because of the downturn.

Why would they even look at Singapore?

Wealth Management Hub
05-06-07, 17:48
We are wooing this new breed of millionaires to our humble little island. But will they come?

Why would they buy property in Singapore when the property downturn is just beginning in USA and several European countries, notably Spain and Greece. If these new millionaires wanted a nice piece of property, they will just buy them in the USA, Spain, Greece, whatever.. at low low prices because of the downturn.

Diversification?
Instability? Buy and lose it?
There are many reasons.

Unregistered
06-06-07, 09:58

I had the same fear as you. I thought the subprime problem in the us and the bubble in Uk means bad news in general around the world. Then, I changed my mind. I thought the problem with subprime loans may be less serious than generally believed and the UK bubble has some more years to go. besides, even if everything crashes. The authorities will come up with policies to rescue the market.

Of course, it doesn't mean buying botannia or Carabelle is riskfree, the upside potential is greater than the downside potential, giving the attractive pricing. Mind you the price you pay to day is only about 20% higher than the level in 2003, the bottom of singaporean real estate cycle. 20% is nothing.

blackjack21trader
06-06-07, 20:23
We are wooing this new breed of millionaires to our humble little island. But will they come?...........

Dude, u r one lazy buger. Read some newspapers, please or the veri least go do some socialising at some private business parties/gatherings:

Business Times - 21 Mar 2007
Foreigners buy record 4,980 private homes in '06
Singaporeans' share of private home purchases slips to 76%, the second lowest since 1995
(SINGAPORE) The number of private homes bought by foreigners, including permanent residents, went up by 39 per cent last year to an all-time high of 4,980, according to the latest caveats analysis by local property analyst.

The biggest jump in the number of caveats lodged for private homes last year came from Koreans (up 174 per cent), followed by US citizens (an increase of 85 per cent) and Australians (up 53 per cent ), according to analysts.

Singaporeans' share of private homes bought slipped to 76 per cent in 2006, the second lowest level since 1995, according to analysis, which is based on caveats captured by Urban Redevelopment Authority's Realis system. The URA's data on caveats go back to 1995. .

ahlahdin
07-06-07, 01:30
Hi blackjack21trader sifu :D

Mind telling us where in the West Coast did you buy? I personally thought The Stellar was a pretty good buy...

mark my post and see ; checkout the transacted prices for yourself roughly after July 15, 2007. where do u think i move my vested interests in D9 to after they enbloc-ed me twice? I count myself lucky now that I was enbloc-ed a year and a half ago.

Your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

but if u feel that I am trying to talk up west coast, be my guest and please hammer me as i am really trying to do that here; athough my voice is a little too soft LOL :

I tried using the AYE expressway ( must make U turn at exit at Jurong Town Hall, I think ) to go to the central core from HLG and the timing is a decent 20mins travelling at 80km/hr at around 3pm on weekdays.

I like West Coast for the abundance of light industries at the southern tip. The population here also appears to be higher in academic and professional achievement as I managed to socialise with quite a few West Coasters at the Park.

do also note that foreigners only know how to "calculate" their investments in US$. So S$1 million is actually affordable for most of their middle managers.

JMHO- correct me if I am wrong

blackjack21trader
08-06-07, 18:46
Hi blackjack21trader sifu :D

Mind telling us where in the West Coast did you buy? I personally thought The Stellar was a pretty good buy...

o, me no sifu LOL. we are all learning here. I got myself a unit in Botannia .

ht
08-06-07, 19:13
o, me no sifu LOL. we are all learning here. I got myself a unit in Botannia .

did you get 1 in Infiniti too? :) :)

St.
08-06-07, 22:01
Does anyone have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange? I think they have positive impact on the 'West Coast Project' here :)

Unregistered
09-06-07, 08:05
did you get 1 in Infiniti too? :) :)

yes, I did. How did u guess?

steppy
09-06-07, 08:09
Does anyone have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange? I think they have positive impact on the 'West Coast Project' here :)

As far as i know -the clementi bus interchage redevelopment is an ongoing project and I am not sure of the progress....

Whats more interesting for 'West Coast' project could be the plans for Hong Leong Gardens Shopping Centre - that is directly opposite Carabelle. That site has been zoned for residential with commercial in the first floor as per the 2003 URA masterplan - given that there would be more than 1,200++ household moving in in 2009 - surely that would be good enough reason to spruce up or even redevelop that place!

St.
09-06-07, 14:16
I'd walked around the Hong Leong Gardens Shopping Centre but felt a bit disappointed for that currently there is no much commercials (to the residence nearby, well, a Japanise restaurant is there...). Yes, it will be more interesting to see how/when the HLGSC is redeveloped...

ht
09-06-07, 21:27
yes, I did. How did u guess?

Hee Hee !!

I get a reminder email whenever there is post on those threads I have been active on, which contains the posted message. Got a preview of you pre-edited post I supposed, sorry for being a little nosy in asking. :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

Tropical Fish
13-06-07, 16:57
Ginza Plaza has a new name now called "West Coast Plaza"

St.
13-06-07, 17:28
Ginza Plaza has a new name now called "West Coast Plaza" Do you know any details about its re-development -- completion schedule, any major changes other than inerior renovation? Tks

ht
13-06-07, 23:38
Ginza Plaza has a new name now called "West Coast Plaza"

whoa! even their name is in support of the West Coast Project fever :) :)

Unregistered
14-06-07, 00:21

for goodness sake... ginza is located on west coast road so its natural for them to adopt the name of the street. ginza sounds stupid anyway...

blackjack21trader
14-06-07, 04:59
i wonder if anyone notice that there is 2 or 3 ( I think ) Japanese schools in West Coast area and one huge Japanese Baseball field just beside the MP and Botannia. There are also quite a number of Japanese companies there.

While we spoke so much of foreigners in the market, we have overlooked the quiet Japanese in the West Coast area who are giving lucrative rental yields for the area.

The Japanese over the years have grown from "copiers" to be great constructors and inventors of technology. But they are still conservative in their culture about their roots, I just wish one day they can integrate fully into our Singapore society like what some of the foreigners have done. Or even buy some of our West Coast properties.

If one day in the far future, the Americans built a spaceship and leave for greener pastures because of our dying Earth, the Japanese could be the one left behind on Earth to resurrect the Earth. But before that happens, I hope the Japs took their roots here in Singapore to start some research and transfer their technology to us in District 5 - a bit far fetched hope but I really wish that could happen by wishing on this year's National Day.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 09:36

This is precisely what I thought when I passed by the building and saw the sign "West Coast Plaza."

But I doubt that after we moved into Carabelle, we will be shopping much at the new mall, given that we have Hong Leong Shopping Center nearby, and there is a wet market there too.

Yes, there will be a lot of Japanese in the area, that was why Ginza was named Ginza. Too bad not many Japs shopped at Ginza, and that is why it was never a center of activity.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 09:45
i wonder if anyone notice that there is 2 or 3 ( I think ) Japanese schools in West Coast area and one huge Japanese Baseball field just beside the MP and Botannia. There are also quite a number of Japanese companies there.

While we spoke so much of foreigners in the market, we have overlooked the quiet Japanese in the West Coast area who are giving lucrative rental yields for the area.

The Japanese over the years have grown from "copiers" to be great constructors and inventors of technology. But they are still conservative in their culture about their roots, I just wish one day they can integrate fully into our Singapore society like what some of the foreigners have done. Or even buy some of our West Coast properties.

If one day in the far future, the Americans built a spaceship and leave for greener pastures because of our dying Earth, the Japanese could be the one left behind on Earth to resurrect the Earth. But before that happens, I hope the Japs took their roots here in Singapore to start some research and transfer their technology to us in District 5 - a bit far fetched hope but I really wish that could happen by wishing on this year's National Day.

Yawn. Come on, stop dreaming. It's not technology that you want. All you want is the Japanese, or for that matter, anyone, to buy some properties where you've bought, so you can get some valuation lift. Stop inflating things.

DRSG
14-06-07, 09:48
Japanese outcasts may buy here.This place is as hot as Africa to them.This place was once WW2.Brings back bad memories and bad karma.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 13:14

Sorry to say this but I have rented and sold to quite a few Japs. They are only interested in those developments around Clementiwoods Park.

Carabelle/Botannia area.... just not their type. It's NOT within walking distance to a lot of things... supermarket, jap school etc....

blackjack21trader
14-06-07, 14:53
Yawn. Come on, stop dreaming. It's not technology that you want. All you want is the Japanese, or for that matter, anyone, to buy some properties where you've bought, so you can get some valuation lift. Stop inflating things.

O come on , dun u want someone to buy your properties u bought? or are u the few oddballs who want you properties to be sold at a loss? I can make that happen if u want. anyway, no one can inflate the market, if u think u can by merely posting here then u got a problem, dube.LOL

Boeingdriver
14-06-07, 15:01
Sorry to say this but I have rented and sold to quite a few Japs. They are only interested in those developments around Clementiwoods Park.

Carabelle/Botannia area.... just not their type. It's NOT within walking distance to a lot of things... supermarket, jap school etc....

It may not be their type but with that area rental keep going up, soon they have to look elsewhere

blackjack21trader
14-06-07, 15:12

i dunno about that cos this is not my area. I am moving from D9, so i tot it would be neat to join the friendly people I met at West Coast here in D5. ;) But judging from the responses of the posts I receive here, there seems to be a big gap between reality and the D5 forum readers here. everyone in the same designated research zone appears to be shooting at each others projects. for goodness sake, such actions are taboos in investment. It is similar to thrashing someone's lambo while driving a ferrari. or worse, critising a lexus while driving a bemmers- sheer ungentlemenly and crude.

compared to my neighbours in D9 who stand firm together, you guys really appear weak. maybe i should think of moving out before even moving in here and advise the same to my brothers.

lucky I have not exercise my Purchase Agreements yet with the 2 D5 developers. Think I belong better in Skyscrapers D9, the people here are so defensive and aggressive, its like punching ur teammates in a game ,jesus. is this a thing with Singaporean or am I overly reactive??

cos once I was in a taxi and all the things I hear from the taxi-driver is grumble grumble grumble about Singapore. man, I was wondering isit that he stays in Malaysia but works in Singapore ?

Even in New York or Hong Kong or even Taiwan, the taxi-drivers are all praises for their country.

cya later alligators, LOL

Unregistered
14-06-07, 15:55
You probably over-reacted. First and foremost, not all the discussants here have bought Botannia or any of the three projects. The shooters are probably just jealous that you have bought one and they have not, or cannot afford to buy.

If you think that it is a good buy, welcome to the club, and just ignore the nay sayers.

As for D9, I believe you that the residents are more united. It is probably because they have more to lose. the prices there are higher than here. And that is why you moved out (to reap a capital gain), and that is why we never will move there. We arrived in Singapore only a few years ago, and therefore cannot afford the sky-high prices. Besides, we have a car to commute and need not live there. We also think D9 is less livable than D5, in terms of noise and air pollution.

ahlahdin
15-06-07, 00:43
I think what blackjack21trader means is that all D5 owners should stick together and not shoot down each other's condos. I do agree.

D5 is a district with tremendous development potential, in fact I think it can rival the east coast and probably beyond that because of its proximity to Sentosa, one-north, and also several international education and research centres around here. Most importantly, a lot of West Coast and Pasir Panjang plots are private, and tenures are freehold or 956/999 years. Developers will be looking at this area for a long time to come.

Can you imagine it if the shipping and shipyard industry is moved elsewhere? One entire stretch by the sea front, stretching from Pandan Reservoir to Harbourfront, open for development. Any developer or investor will salivate at the thought of making use of this area.

Hence, all D5 owners are in this together, and we all stand to reap the benefits of whatever developments (commercial, residential, educational, entertainment, and otherwise) the government has in store for the area. Stop shooting each other's condos down.

ht
15-06-07, 01:10
I think what blackjack21trader means is that all D5 owners should stick together and not shoot down each other's condos. I do agree.

D5 is a district with tremendous development potential, in fact I think it can rival the east coast and probably beyond that because of its proximity to Sentosa, one-north, and also several international education and research centres around here. Most importantly, a lot of West Coast and Pasir Panjang plots are private, and tenures are freehold or 956/999 years. Developers will be looking at this area for a long time to come.

Can you imagine it if the shipping and shipyard industry is moved elsewhere? One entire stretch by the sea front, stretching from Pandan Reservoir to Harbourfront, open for development. Any developer or investor will salivate at the thought of making use of this area.

Hence, all D5 owners are in this together, and we all stand to reap the benefits of whatever developments (commercial, residential, educational, entertainment, and otherwise) the government has in store for the area. Stop shooting each other's condos down.

:not-worthy: :not-worthy: :cheers4:

Unregistered
15-06-07, 01:29
everyone in the same designated research zone appears to be shooting at each others projects. for goodness sake, such actions are taboos in investment. It is similar to thrashing someone's lambo while driving a ferrari. or worse, critising a lexus while driving a bemmers- sheer ungentlemenly and crude.

This is called jealousy and kiasu behaviour. Criticise others to make themselves look good.

compared to my neighbours in D9 who stand firm together, you guys really appear weak. maybe i should think of moving out before even moving in here and advise the same to my brothers.

For all you know it is only one unregistered user who is doing this. Look at the condo.com.sg site, it is plagued by one single 1* user who goes around slamming every condo. The real owners of the condos know better than to take him seriously.

lucky I have not exercise my Purchase Agreements yet with the 2 D5 developers. Think I belong better in Skyscrapers D9, the people here are so defensive and aggressive, its like punching ur teammates in a game ,jesus. is this a thing with Singaporean or am I overly reactive??

Don't tell me your belief in D5 has been shaken by this troublemaker? Surely you are better than that!

cos once I was in a taxi and all the things I hear from the taxi-driver is grumble grumble grumble about Singapore. man, I was wondering isit that he stays in Malaysia but works in Singapore ?

Singaporeans love to complain. Look at the Sammyboy Alfresco Coffee Shop. Singaporeans in there complaining everyday about everything under the sun.

Even in New York or Hong Kong or even Taiwan, the taxi-drivers are all praises for their country.

cya later alligators, LOL

Dunno about HK or Taiwan, maybe their taxi drivers are from the Mainland. But in NY, most of the taxi drivers there are from Asia, Middle East, and Africa. They are all praises for the USA because they fought like hell to get out of their impoverished countries to be able to work in the US. In Singapore, many are fighting to get out. If those NY taxi drivers were back in their home countries, they will be complaining as well. ;)

cya!

blackjack21trader
15-06-07, 08:23
yes i do admit i m being overly reactive.

Any unregistered reader can post here so I assumed it is not the same "unregistered" person going around blasting his gun.

anyway, i do agree with most of what alahdin and others just posted after my previous "overreactive" post . this is what i meant by being constructive in a post- give a true valid reason for an argument.

I can't tell whether the ones I refered to r jealous or not, but one thing for sure because I am considering moving into this district big time, so I a bit over-sensitive and so did not realise I have become bais in my perception as well.

:doh: Thanks for ur helpful comments, they really helped cooled me down.

blackjack21trader
15-06-07, 08:27
Don't tell me your belief in D5 has been shaken by this troublemaker? Surely you are better than that!

Dunno about HK or Taiwan, maybe their taxi drivers are from the Mainland. But in NY, most of the taxi drivers there are from Asia, Middle East, and Africa. They are all praises for the USA because they fought like hell to get out of their impoverished countries to be able to work in the US. In Singapore, many are fighting to get out. If those NY taxi drivers were back in their home countries, they will be complaining as well. ;)

cya!

I overreacted damit I was distorted in my views and comments as well LOL. about ur comments on the taxi-drivers i do agree wih u.

ht
15-06-07, 08:45
I agree that there are some unregistered :asshole: around here, they also like to discourage pple by criticising others' posting.

what I did last time was to :sleep: over it, and you realise that on the next evrybody just ignored him.

Anyway, glad to have you back :) :)

ht
15-06-07, 14:51
Got a friend looking at the west coast area, was too late for infiniti, any idea the latest av psf in botannia now ?

St.
18-06-07, 15:25
Does anyone have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange? I think they have positive impact on the 'West Coast Project' here :) Here's an image for the new Clementi bus interchange (with shops, offices & other commercial space + high rise HDB that resembles Toa Payoh Bus Interchange) coming soon... http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/82/clementilk3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Unregistered
18-06-07, 19:45
The HDB flats are actually on top of the interchange and shopping mall? Hmm this is something new. But it should be a rejuvenator for Clementi... that place has been looking pretty sloppy and run down of late..

revieli
19-06-07, 10:30
Is that a swimming pool at the bottom right corner?

Unregistered
19-06-07, 10:45
Yes, a swimming pool for gold fish, or some frogs.

St.
26-06-07, 09:35
Today's newspaper mentions that it has sold 200 units, more recently at $710 psf. Congrat!

Unregistered
26-06-07, 10:11
With more projects coming up around this area, I see very little upside. Very soon this will become like Upper Bukit Timah/Hume area, over congested with condominiums, and prices remaining stagnant and even depreciating when the boom starts to slow down. Good luck to those vested.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 10:52
Don't be so quick shooting from the hip. All these projects are reincarnations of old condos which are sold en bloc. So, the population density will be roughly the same after all are completed and occupied. And the supply of housing in this area will only be slightly higher.

Unregistered
28-06-07, 14:34
Not all projects lar. Many are new lands. Anyway, the market is red-hot and booming and looks so rosy and optimistic just like the good old days of 1996. We all know what happens in 1997 and ten years following it. Buyers beware. Buy if you must, but don't pay the heavens for it. If got enbloc windfall, also don't throw money into the longkang. Pay reasonably. Or just rent first. "1997" will come again.

Market Watcher
28-06-07, 15:06
Not all projects lar. Many are new lands. Anyway, the market is red-hot and booming and looks so rosy and optimistic just like the good old days of 1996. We all know what happens in 1997 and ten years following it. Buyers beware. Buy if you must, but don't pay the heavens for it. If got enbloc windfall, also don't throw money into the longkang. Pay reasonably. Or just rent first. "1997" will come again.

Don't understand why people keep mentioning 1996.
It's 1989 - not 1996.
1989 was a booming year! Just like 2007, a booming year too.

Unregistered
28-06-07, 15:59
not 1989 at all. economy then was growing at 10% plus year-on-year. if 5-6% it would have been a disaster that time. Now, growing at 4-6% and we happy like nuts. at tail-end of 1996 and early 1997, if i recall correctly, economy had slowed to 4-6% and went downhill in 1997 and many years after that (some recovery in 1999 to 2001 but shortlived and didn't have too much impact on property prices). this yr may not be "1996" but is definitely not "1989". the symptons resembles that of "1996" more than "1989" - people paying crazy prices, developers asking crazy prices, agents earning like crazy, and the middle-income no got enough to buy so going crazy unitl EC came along - like now. next year may not be "1997". it could be better or worse. the changing of the guards in uk & soon in the us allows a window for the markets and terrorists to wreak some havoc. in any case, the message is clear - don't pay crazy prices even if got enbloc windfall. pay reasonable prices.

Unregistered
28-06-07, 16:08

Botannia, the infiniti and Carabelle are all recycled condos. What I said is true for the west coast way area. Stellar, CW and VP are new condos, true. But they are low rises, and do not increase the supply too much.

Agree that we should be sensible. I will never pay the high prices of one north and rochester. We bought Carabelle and the price seemed reasonable compared with the others.

Economist
28-06-07, 17:06
not 1989 at all. economy then was growing at 10% plus year-on-year. if 5-6% it would have been a disaster that time. Now, growing at 4-6% and we happy like nuts. at tail-end of 1996 and early 1997, if i recall correctly, economy had slowed to 4-6% and went downhill in 1997 and many years after that (some recovery in 1999 to 2001 but shortlived and didn't have too much impact on property prices). this yr may not be "1996" but is definitely not "1989". the symptons resembles that of "1996" more than "1989" - people paying crazy prices, developers asking crazy prices, agents earning like crazy, and the middle-income no got enough to buy so going crazy unitl EC came along - like now. next year may not be "1997". it could be better or worse. the changing of the guards in uk & soon in the us allows a window for the markets and terrorists to wreak some havoc. in any case, the message is clear - don't pay crazy prices even if got enbloc windfall. pay reasonable prices.

Please! All economic activities have cycle one.
Next year will not be 1997 for property cycle.

Teacher
28-06-07, 18:23
28 June 2007

First Phase of The Marq Fully Sold
Units sold at an average S$4,137 psf, with a highest price of S$5,100 psf

Singapore, 28 June 2007 - SC Global Developments Ltd, one of Singapore’s leading developers of exclusive luxury residences, is pleased to announce that it received overwhelming response to the first phase of private previews for its ultra luxurious residential development, The Marq On Paterson Hill (‘The Marq’). Previews were by invitation only.

The first phase – about a third of all available apartments – comprising 21 units from the two blocks, Premier Tower and Signature Tower – have been fully sold. The average selling price achieved was $4,137 per square foot. Of the 21 units sold, eight apartments were within The Signature Tower, highly coveted for its signature 15-metre private lap pool in every unit. Prices for the entire development ranged from approximately S$11 million to S$31 million, with a unit in the Signature Tower achieving S$5,100 psf.

The Marq on Paterson Hill is 24 storeys high; the 3 penthouses which occupy the top two floors of the building and apartments on the higher floors were not released in the first phase of private previews. The Signature Tower will be home to 21 ultra spacious 5 –bedroom apartments averaging 6,195 sq ft, beside it will stand the Premier Tower with 42 luxuriously appointed 4 –bedroom apartments averaging 3,000 sq ft.

SC Global Developments has no confirmed date for the release of the second phase of units at this point.

If you all don't mind, can kindly stop arguing about the difference of $200 psf or $500 psf? Don't let the $510 psf make you look stupid.

If you want to engage in an argument, try $5,100 psf.

ht
28-06-07, 21:17
If you all don't mind, can kindly stop arguing about the difference of $200 psf or $500 psf? Don't let the $510 psf make you look stupid.

If you want to engage in an argument, try $5,100 psf.

what is your point going around the forums telling pple about your $5100psf thingy ???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

St.
28-06-07, 21:28

If you want to engage in an argument, try $5,100 psf. If you were at that rich level, please go back to your world. But I doubt you are, as one buying at $5100 doesn't bother to read this forum. He would be stupid if he did come to this group.

Keen
28-06-07, 21:46
If you were at that rich level, please go back to your world. But I doubt you are, as one buying at $5100 doesn't bother to read this forum. He would be stupid if he did come to this group.

I am not from $5,100 psf.
I am from $1,500 psf.
Can I join this thread?

ht
28-06-07, 22:23
I am not from $5,100 psf.
I am from $1,500 psf.
Can I join this thread?

if you are keen, why not?? ha ha!

btw, I just found out why there are so few launches .....how can I forget... :doh: :doh:
the developers are avoiding the Hungry Ghost Month.

I think we will see more launches in Aug, at least that is when The Parc (Westpeak) will be launched.

I know quite a few pple are watching the launch price for this one...

Unregistered
29-06-07, 11:37
Please! All economic activities have cycle one.
Next year will not be 1997 for property cycle.

I doubt that the government will try to quash this round of property boom with as much rigor as it did in 1996. Look at what happened after they took the anti-speculation measures in 1996? The market crashed, the economy tanked, and the country was an economic waste land for almost a decade.

I am not saying that the government will do nothing to stop the real estate price inflation. I am saying that they will be extra cautious in dealing with the so called "bubble" to make sure it does not inflate suddenly and violently. It is probably safe to buy properties for now, to a certain extent. When it gets really out of hand, then it is time to wait for anti-speculation measures. It is not that time yet.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 11:40
if you are keen, why not?? ha ha!

btw, I just found out why there are so few launches .....how can I forget... :doh: :doh:
the developers are avoiding the Hungry Ghost Month.

I think we will see more launches in Aug, at least that is when The Parc (Westpeak) will be launched.

I know quite a few pple are watching the launch price for this one...

If west peak is launched at $800 psf, then those who have bought Carabelle for less than %600 psf will look smart.

Will westpeak be lauched at $850 or $900? Who knows, it is possible given the current craze.

DRSG
29-06-07, 11:52
I doubt that the government will try to quash this round of property boom with as much rigor as it did in 1996. Look at what happened after they took the anti-speculation measures in 1996? The market crashed, the economy tanked, and the country was an economic waste land for almost a decade.

I am not saying that the government will do nothing to stop the real estate price inflation. I am saying that they will be extra cautious in dealing with the so called "bubble" to make sure it does not inflate suddenly and violently. It is probably safe to buy properties for now, to a certain extent. When it gets really out of hand, then it is time to wait for anti-speculation measures. It is not that time yet.

With MBT in charge.Sg will be safe.
MBT is sharp and shrewd.He's got the Midas touch.:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

Unregistered
29-06-07, 12:05
yes, the will act only when the outlying areas like the west coast fetch more than 2000 psf. We are no where near that.

I suspect 1300 psf for rochester is tolerable for MBT. By the way, most of the anti-speculation measures instated in 1996 are still in place. I doubt they will instate new measures to stop the "bubble." As Alan Greenspan said, it is hard for the smartest people to tell between bubbles and genuine price appreciation. It is therefore dangerous to artificially quash any price appreciation.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 14:15
If west peak is launched at $800 psf, then those who have bought Carabelle for less than %600 psf will look smart.

Will westpeak be lauched at $850 or $900? Who knows, it is possible given the current craze.

called them, and was only told that it will definitely be more than 700psf.

I think it will be between 750-800 psf at soft launch, anyway 1st phase of soft launch are for WP residents only, not sure if they will have another preview launch for interested buyers before main launch though.

I think it will be around 800psf or more at main launch...

blackjack21trader
10-07-07, 16:56
read today's article on expats buying homes. told u my pals and me r coming to Botannia in a big way, didn't I ?

Unregistered
10-07-07, 17:07
read today's article on expats buying homes. told u my pals and me r coming to Botannia in a big way, didn't I ?

ya la ya la u very the clever la. u s spot on la. u the hero. told u this told u that. go buy lar. buy all la. buy big big. u so clever one what. buy all lor. earn all lor. big big. no small small one hor.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 18:46

All my expat friend who are interested in buying already bought at least three months ago. Those who didn't, some of them are thinking about leaving when their contracts end

Unregistered
10-07-07, 20:22
why buy here i would buy one north or the rochester any day.

Registered
10-07-07, 20:59

Can also lah.
It doesn't really matter. As long as you buy.
All in District what!

blackjack21trader
10-07-07, 21:54
All my expat friend who are interested in buying already bought at least three months ago. Those who didn't, some of them are thinking about leaving when their contracts end

well very obviously ur pals and my pals are from different background. we r a group of serial enblocers out to make it happen in Botannia- jus watch the URA prices after 15 July, rookies.

blackjack21trader
10-07-07, 21:58

very soon in about 3 months , u will see the reasons why we chose Botannia's location. dun say I never tell u first down here, rookies.

Unregistered
11-07-07, 00:47
very soon in about 3 months , u will see the reasons why we chose Botannia's location. dun say I never tell u first down here, rookies.

cheers!!!!!!

Unregistered
11-07-07, 01:12
well very obviously ur pals and my pals are from different background. we r a group of serial enblocers out to make it happen in Botannia- jus watch the URA prices after 15 July, rookies.

Excuse me, brother
Why are we talking enbloc here when it is not even built?
Are you thinking about some really new concept by buying up all the units in Botania before it starts its contruction? Why not just buys the lands from developer and I am sure they will give you a deep discount

ht
11-07-07, 21:08

Hi Blackjack...,

It's been sometime since your last post...

Wow !! your "reason" applies to Botannia only or projects in the area ???

blackjack21trader
12-07-07, 08:13
Hi Blackjack...,

It's been sometime since your last post...

Wow !! your "reason" applies to Botannia only or projects in the area ???

hi ht, since u are so friendly, i will let a hint to you. this hint applies to all projects in the area:

back in 1990s, before some of u guys were born, the major developers targeted the meyer area in the east for development much as they are doing now in the exact mirror of it in the west. In a mere short 5 years, prices psf shot from s$700psf to S$1000psf. i suspect the price momentum is going to be more now given the current market situation. i can feel the "heat" and "rush" now as it were then. u go down there to the hong leong garden, drive around the area, and maybe u will be like me, feel the rhythm of a big thing coming that way....go feel it....if u do not feel it, 3 months down the road, someone will surely tell you. or if u are a research kind of guy, find out how much lands there are now already secretly taken over by big names developers. well guys, fact is the privilege info is known only by the fews and they are not telling you untill they had saturated the investment themselves.

blackjack21trader
12-07-07, 08:26
one more thing to add, which is better ? to go into prime area to get a piece now and resell OR to go into a non prime area, grab a piece and watch it metamorphosis into prime area.

cya later, alligators

Unregistered
12-07-07, 10:22
hi ht, since u are so friendly, i will let a hint to you. this hint applies to all projects in the area:

back in 1990s, before some of u guys were born, the major developers targeted the meyer area in the east for development much as they are doing now in the exact mirror of it in the west. In a mere short 5 years, prices psf shot from s$700psf to S$1000psf. i suspect the price momentum is going to be more now given the current market situation. i can feel the "heat" and "rush" now as it were then. u go down there to the hong leong garden, drive around the area, and maybe u will be like me, feel the rhythm of a big thing coming that way....go feel it....if u do not feel it, 3 months down the road, someone will surely tell you. or if u are a research kind of guy, find out how much lands there are now already secretly taken over by big names developers. well guys, fact is the privilege info is known only by the fews and they are not telling you untill they had saturated the investment themselves.

I used to drive to Hong Leong garden almost everyday for lunch in the past, but lately, I go there only three to four time per month. The area is very dusty now as so many condos are being built and many more will be torn down. If you look carefully, there are plenty of old houses and old condo development in that area and I suspect that area is going to be noisy and dusty for sometime to come. I would not want to live in a area that every turn I make, I see a construction site. I guess that is the heat that you are referring to. For price to appreciate, rental will eventually an important measure and because of the dust and congestion and so many up and coming condos, I suspect the upside for rental is rather limited and this will eventually put a pressure on property price.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 10:47
What the guy upstairs is saying is true, but only for the short term. After 2011, there would be no more construction in the area, and what you will see is gleaming condos, and laughter of kids playing in the pool, and a brand new shopping center, and most important of all, new faces of middle class people who escaped the stifling heat and traffic of the CBD.

That would be a paradise and a new community. Prices you pay now are low for that kind of future.

I am not an agent, but we bought in the area, because we see a great potential for this area. We want to have the first mover advantage.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 11:01
We bought a unit in this area this year. We could've bought a unit at Varsity Park. We even visited the varsity park showflats. We felt that being close to NUS is not an advantage, but rather an disadvantage. My wife used to be a graduate student at NUS, and many of her classmates stayed at westbay. that is why westbay declined dramatically over the years, from a good condo with stable population to a lousy one with shifting, transient student populations. Students are busy, and and they cannot keep the place clean, and they crowd the swimming pools on the weekend, making noise and making it unpleasant for family to swim. Gryphon terrace is another example. It is just so run down and dirty now, chuck full of NUS students.

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryphon terrace.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 11:05
yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 11:06
Stellar residents would be in the same boat.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 11:26
Stellar residents would be in the same boat.
Stellar,clementiwoods and varsity would be in the same boat as caribbean.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 12:00
yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.

Yes, most investors buy varsity park to rent to students. Not a good thing for the condo.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 13:57
Yes, most investors buy varsity park to rent to students. Not a good thing for the condo.
Rent market price going up,the force is pushing the students toward this location.Rental lower because of location,students can cycle to NUS-----2.6km.Good lah

Unregistered
12-07-07, 15:47
What the guy upstairs is saying is true, but only for the short term. After 2011, there would be no more construction in the area, and what you will see is gleaming condos, and laughter of kids playing in the pool, and a brand new shopping center, and most important of all, new faces of middle class people who escaped the stifling heat and traffic of the CBD.

That would be a paradise and a new community. Prices you pay now are low for that kind of future.

I am not an agent, but we bought in the area, because we see a great potential for this area. We want to have the first mover advantage.

By 2011, many areas in Sinagpore will be facing over supply problem and I think the problem will be evn more serious in the west cost area. Many of my welathy friends who are heavy into property investing are all position to sell in the months ahead, esp for property locating outside central areas.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 15:53
Agree with all the no-buy calls above.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 15:53
We bought a unit in this area this year. We could've bought a unit at Varsity Park. We even visited the varsity park showflats. We felt that being close to NUS is not an advantage, but rather an disadvantage. My wife used to be a graduate student at NUS, and many of her classmates stayed at westbay. that is why westbay declined dramatically over the years, from a good condo with stable population to a lousy one with shifting, transient student populations. Students are busy, and and they cannot keep the place clean, and they crowd the swimming pools on the weekend, making noise and making it unpleasant for family to swim. Gryphon terrace is another example. It is just so run down and dirty now, chuck full of NUS students.

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryp
hon terrace.

You are naive thinking that your condo is far from NUS and therefore no students will be interested. NUS is very big, unless you are at business school, you need to take some form of transportation to Westbay. In terms of public transport, it is much easier and faster to reach Carebelle than Westbay as there are a few bus along AYE you can take and carebelle is only two bus stop away.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:02
You are naive thinking that your condo is far from NUS and therefore no students will be interested. NUS is very big, unless you are at business school, you need to take some form of transportation to Westbay. In terms of public transport, it is much easier and faster to reach Carebelle than Westbay as there are a few bus along AYE you can take and carebelle is only two bus stop away.

We are talking about varsity park, not west bay. varsity park in across the street from a bus depot which lies just below a bus for NUS internal buses. thus, it is very very convenient for student who live in varsity park to get access to internal buses of NUS. That is why we believe that varsity park will be just another student hostel, especially for foreign students.

Not for us. Carabelle is not far from NUS, but it is farther.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:03
By 2011, many areas in Sinagpore will be facing over supply problem and I think the problem will be evn more serious in the west cost area. Many of my welathy friends who are heavy into property investing are all position to sell in the months ahead, esp for property locating outside central areas.

I thought the property market is in a boom period. Why does these weathly people want to sell at this booming time when there is a supply crunch in the short term and the price keep going up.

Just curious.

open your eyes
12-07-07, 16:12
one more thing to add, which is better ? to go into prime area to get a piece now and resell OR to go into a non prime area, grab a piece and watch it metamorphosis into prime area.

cya later, alligators

Buying into undervalued areas with good potential. Good strategy of many an investor.

100% agree. This is what I did with Novena condos. A few years ago, Novena condos were so cheap so I bought a couple. I saw the future potential of the location. Fast forward to today, location never changed, MRT is still there. Today, they are worth more than twice the $$ and is considered a desirable prime area to rent in by expats. And it is still going to go up a lot more from here, mark my words.

Another area I identified was the Holt Road/ Nathan Rd/ Shanghai Rd/ Mutiara area. Last time $700 psf, today $1500 psf, tomorrow you can bet on $2500 psf and higher when all the old buildings torn down, small plots combine to form big plots, and glitzy shiny new luxury condos come up in their place. This is so near Orchard and Grange Road.

Open your eyes, and see the gold beneath the old crumbling buildings.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:16
I thought the property market is in a boom period. Why does these weathly people want to sell at this booming time when there is a supply crunch in the short term and the price keep going up.

Just curious.

They bought in 1999-2005, so you they they need to buy more? They are position to sell in the coming months bacuse the property outside the fringe areas have already gone up a lot in a very short time and is likely to be in a position running ahead of fundamentals. In any investment, you can't predict the best time to take profit, but because they accumulate property at a depressed market and the profit is very substantial even to let go now.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:18
really, they bought in 1999-2005. Which condo was available in the west coast area at that time? None.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:20
Yes, that guy is just a lier, lier lier pants on fire.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:23
really, they bought in 1999-2005. Which condo was available in the west coast area at that time? None.

Spectrum, Varsity Park, Stellar, Foliage, Maylea, Blue Horizon, etc etc

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:25
Most of these condos were launched at 2006 and slightly before that. Your friends bought all of these in 2005? What did they buy in 1999-2004?

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:31
spectrum, varsity park were launched long ago during the downturn 2001-2003.

blue horizon maybe 2001 or before that.

i dunno which 1999 launch he's talking about. possibly blue horizon.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:32
Most of these condos were launched at 2006 and slightly before that. Your friends bought all of these in 2005? What did they buy in 1999-2004?

no, you are wrong. your ignorance tells me that you have been in the market only since 2006. Foliage and Maylea launched in 2004/2005.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:36

You mean wealthy investors have to buy brand new condos? on deferred payment scheme? How about old condos including looking out for condos with enbloc potantials? How about terrace houses?

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:36
So, your friends bought all these during the SARS outbreak. I owe them credit for braving death to buy condos.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:39
Please ask you friends to unload his holdings ASAP. Then we can buy them cheap. but please don't unload blue horizon and varsity park, we won't buy those cheap looking condos.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 17:00
Time to unload all these condos. Holding will lead to potntial big loss. Now crazy and red-hot market, so can sell and stupid people will buy. Once the market returns to sanity, this place will be begging people to buy again, like in the recent old days.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 17:43
So, your friends bought all these during the SARS outbreak. I owe them credit for braving death to buy condos.

I guess you don't like how wealthy peoples operate. In the private banking division of UBS, there is property consultants (normally they were as senior property agants for many years) that work for them. Some of them bought up properties without even seeing them, purely based on trust of these professionals.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 17:45
Time to unload all these condos. Holding will lead to potntial big loss. Now crazy and red-hot market, so can sell and stupid people will buy. Once the market returns to sanity, this place will be begging people to buy again, like in the recent old days.

Most likely in the third or fourth quarter 2010, you will start to see the property sector to show weakness. Things will definitely won't look good from 2012...

Registered
12-07-07, 17:50
Most likely in the third or fourth quarter 2010, you will start to see the property sector to show weakness. Things will definitely won't look good from 2012...

2012 ... could be 2011 too. Around there.

ht
12-07-07, 20:30

Thanks Black...

Great news indeed :) :) :)

Unregistered
12-07-07, 20:51

We bought a place at Carabelle, just to be away from the student population. I am sure over time, the west coast project including carabelle, botannia and infinit will have greater potential than varsity park, clementi condos and stellar. These condos will end up like westbay and gryphon terrace.Very big that you bought a place at CARABELLE and have greater potential to rent to NUS students because of lower rental.

ht
12-07-07, 22:43
Just met my agent, he told me that Botannia has gone >750psf !!

True?? Wow!!

durian
12-07-07, 23:58

Talking about SMELL.... my friend sold his landed property and shift to Serangoon as he can't take the polluted air and smell from the industrial estate. :spliff:

durian
13-07-07, 00:01

Sell now and in future you will be priced out. :D

blackjack21trader
13-07-07, 06:45
Talking about SMELL.... my friend sold his landed property and shift to Serangoon as he can't take the polluted air and smell from the industrial estate. :spliff:

please, the industrial estate is zoned as light industries. too bad your friend just moved as he is misiing out on something big . take him to see a doctor about the smell, could be his nose or did he miss out the old news about the alexandra distripark ?

durian
13-07-07, 10:04
please, the industrial estate is zoned as light industries. too bad your friend just moved as he is misiing out on something big . take him to see a doctor about the smell, could be his nose or did he miss out the old news about the alexandra distripark ?

I don't stay around the area but I was surprised to hear from him regarding the "smell" as I only know boonlay area do smell of cocoa etc....anyway gdluck to those vested. I think the redevelopment of alexandra district park into a financial hub looks promising for the neighbouring properties in pasir panjang

Unregistered
13-07-07, 10:17
I don't doubt that you did not make this up. We live on Clementi road for seven years, and we visited the west coast area frequently. We don't smell anything unusual. Perhaps our nose is not as good as your friends'. he must be a blood hound. should work for CID.

Unregistered
13-07-07, 11:25
I don't doubt that you did not make this up. We live on Clementi road for seven years, and we visited the west coast area frequently. We don't smell anything unusual. Perhaps our nose is not as good as your friends'. he must be a blood hound. should work for CID.

Smell. Got sure got smell. Everywhere in SIngapore also got smell wat. Got blood hounds everywhere oso. Very smelly man. West Coast extra smell becos of the port, containers, big trucks and smoke from J.Island. But it is not that smelly compared to many other places in Singapore.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 13:19
Was told that all the available 4 bed rms are sold out but there are still 3 bed rms available.....

I think it will sold out soon Parc Condo is out...

Unregistered
16-07-07, 12:24
Parc condo will not dare to be launched until all the dengue warning banners come down.

ht
16-07-07, 21:31
Last I checked, they were more concerned about the hungry ghost....

It will be strange if buyers dun buy bcos of Dengue...

Unregistered
16-07-07, 21:44
Smell. Got sure got smell. Everywhere in SIngapore also got smell wat. Got blood hounds everywhere oso. Very smelly man. West Coast extra smell becos of the port, containers, big trucks and smoke from J.Island. But it is not that smelly compared to many other places in Singapore.

The dengue problem seems not to be able to go away in the west coast area in spite of dozens of inspectors from ENV and hundreds of volunteers combing the areas for weeks. Conclusion: the area is more filthy than most areas in Singapore. This could be a problem to folks who are thinking buying property in that area.

If you don't believe what I said, just ask yourself why don't you see problem of this sort in more upscale areas such as bukit timah even though in bukit timah, you have far more natural habitats for mosquitos breeding.

blackjack21trader
16-07-07, 22:28
The dengue problem seems not to be able to go away in the west coast area in spite of dozens of inspectors from ENV and hundreds of volunteers combing the areas for weeks. Conclusion: the area is more filthy than most areas in Singapore. This could be a problem to folks who are thinking buying property in that area.

If you don't believe what I said, just ask yourself why don't you see problem of this sort in more upscale areas such as bukit timah even though in bukit timah, you have far more natural habitats for mosquitos breeding.

that is why something BIG is going to happen here soon that is so drastic that it will even take away the problem of dengune once and for all, let alone the problem of boats and what have you. You'll see in next month's around 15 August news mark my words.:scared-5:

Unregistered
16-07-07, 22:46
that is why something BIG is going to happen here soon that is so drastic that it will even take away the problem of dengune once and for all, let alone the problem of boats and what have you. You'll see in next month's around 15 August news mark my words.:scared-5:

Interesting... any insight to what you referring to???

Unregistered
16-07-07, 23:11

Are you referring to something good or bad that is going to happen?

Unregistered
16-07-07, 23:20
The Singapore Double Train ?

Madeira
16-07-07, 23:35

U r really scaring the hell out of many people. I am now imagining that someone going to drop a bomb there to eradicate all diseases and people, like what I have seen on the show "Outbreak".:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

blackjack21trader
17-07-07, 06:19
Are you referring to something good or bad that is going to happen?

o its something good of course.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 06:36
Dengue is a current issue affecting Singapore islandwide. West Coast is only one area affected among others. By the time The Parc and other projects are completed in arnd 3-4 yrs time, I believe the Govt would hv resolved this.

The master plan is to make Singapore a safe global city attracting foreign money. Surely this includes making rich foreigners feel safe from disease; otherwise they won't invest here.

Those buying to stay/long term investors will be looking to the future, when the West Coast area will be reasonably placed as a mid-tier area. Only short-sighted, short-term speculators/flippers fear current conditions.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 08:15
Dengue is a current issue affecting Singapore islandwide. West Coast is only one area affected among others. By the time The Parc and other projects are completed in arnd 3-4 yrs time, I believe the Govt would hv resolved this.

The master plan is to make Singapore a safe global city attracting foreign money. Surely this includes making rich foreigners feel safe from disease; otherwise they won't invest here.

Those buying to stay/long term investors will be looking to the future, when the West Coast area will be reasonably placed as a mid-tier area. Only short-sighted, short-term speculators/flippers fear current conditions.

I guess you missed the point. Certainly, dengue problem will go away eventually, but I think he/she meant the dengue problem reveal some of the truly filthy areas in Sinagpore. Many areas in SIngapore looks (could be deceiving) as or even more filthy than west coast area, but they have not had outbreak of dengue.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 10:00
Rochester sold out at crazy prices. By the time Parc launch, the price will be ridiculous. Rochester was supposed to be launched at 550 psf if you dig the past reports. but sold in excess of 1kpsf. More like 1.3k based from what i heard from banker. It looks like Botannia is a steal now. whoever is thinking of waiting, please think cautiously. The prices are now on a run away. Food for thought.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 11:13
Rochester sold out at crazy prices. By the time Parc launch, the price will be ridiculous. Rochester was supposed to be launched at 550 psf if you dig the past reports. but sold in excess of 1kpsf. More like 1.3k based from what i heard from banker. It looks like Botannia is a steal now. whoever is thinking of waiting, please think cautiously. The prices are now on a run away. Food for thought.

You must be joking by comparing Botania to Rochester
Rochester are in direct access of two MRT lines and a host of modern hip cultural and entertainment infrastructures, Botania is at the junction of jurong industrial estate. Yes, Botania is almost freehold, but these days anything consider hip and upcoming are almost exclusively leasehold and no one would pay attention to this other than older generation of locals who are still obssessing with this sort of thing.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 11:23
I would buy botannia, even if Botannia is sold at the same price as Rochester. What is so good about MRT? Is it just a source of noise. Also, the rochester is a mixture of commercial and residential units. Thus, it is inherently less pleasant as a human dwellling.

I would indeed steal Botannia if I had not stolen Carabelle at less than $600 psf. I think those who pay 1500 for rochester should have their head examined. What has changed in the last six months. nothing. just mob psychology. more morons and shoe shiners are jumping in. And more foreign funds.

St.
17-07-07, 12:55
from http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb for Jun 2007 -- new statistic data based on options issued by developer instead of caveat: 255 cumulative units sold out of 350 units launched to-date, price range 671 - 865psf, median $745psf.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:53
You must be joking by comparing Botania to Rochester
Rochester are in direct access of two MRT lines and a host of modern hip cultural and entertainment infrastructures, Botania is at the junction of jurong industrial estate. Yes, Botania is almost freehold, but these days anything consider hip and upcoming are almost exclusively leasehold and no one would pay attention to this other than older generation of locals who are still obssessing with this sort of thing.

Champion, do you know what is trickling down effect.... Super lux to city to fringe to sub urban.... Did you buy any condo??? If not you are definitely missing out.... The drop if it were to happen will not be lower than the peak of 1997... This is historical... All you guys, please look at 40 years ago pricing, 20 year ago pricing and todays pricing.... Please look into other countries as well.... Holding power is important.... If there is a drop in price, you must be prepared to ride it through.... Todays pricing is the same as the peak of 97... I still can remember my friend selling his semi-d in 1991 at S$700k at east coast in anticipation of a recession... He went thru the 1985 recession leh... (7 year cycle). He waited and waited until he is now priced out... Such a pity... Don't be greedy.. Just buy to hold and in the long run, you will sit on a pretty nice gain...

Unregistered
18-07-07, 05:53
successful enbloc sale of pine grove? thereby generating another loadful of millionaires needing a replacement for home? the rest should be self-explanatory.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:30
successful enbloc sale of pine grove? thereby generating another loadful of millionaires needing a replacement for home? the rest should be self-explanatory.

Keep dreaming,
Developer was willing to pay average 850K per unit. The response from residents was still lousy when the enbloc committe sent in a survey form asking interest if the price goes up to 1.2 mil. Don't forget, this is a hypothetical price. I saw several ad in ST asking for 1.4-1.6 million for their unit. Those few who are willing to cash in have big appetite and trying to sell their unit as if they are in prime district. I don't thing Pine Grove will be enbloc soon

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:43
Keep dreaming,
Developer was willing to pay average 850K per unit. The response from residents was still lousy when the enbloc committe sent in a survey form asking interest if the price goes up to 1.2 mil. Don't forget, this is a hypothetical price. I saw several ad in ST asking for 1.4-1.6 million for their unit. Those few who are willing to cash in have big appetite and trying to sell their unit as if they are in prime district. I don't thing Pine Grove will be enbloc soon

I second an enbloc here at 15 million per unit. Nothing less. It's worth that much in peso.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 12:53
They are not willing to sell because 850K is nothing nowadays. It is just enough to buy an HDB. Not even enough to buy botannia or Carabelle.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 16:37
now, the development charge has been raised to 70%. I guess the deal is going to die. Pine grove deal, that is.

heard that capital land has stopped releasing units at Botannia for sale pending further notices. Are they waiting to see how parc is priced? Interesting dramas in Singapore are daily events.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 16:47
now, the development charge has been raised to 70%. I guess the deal is going to die. Pine grove deal, that is.

heard that capital land has stopped releasing units at Botannia for sale pending further notices. Are they waiting to see how parc is priced? Interesting dramas in Singapore are daily events.

The market has been looking for valid reason to consolidate.
I know someone who has just make more than one million in the past two hours by shorting just five stocks starting from 2pm. Those poor residents at Pine Grove has been going thru so many emontional rooler coaster and yet have not seen a single penny. I am sure many are still has no clue that the prospect for their units to fetch millions are fading fast.

blackjack21trader
24-07-07, 09:42
sigh... u guys still do not get it, do u ?

1) do u think the many developers are so gullible as to invest in the West Coast area without some concrete reasurance support from a very very reliable source.

2) do u think the many developers who had just crazily enbloced the West Coast area have no information far more useful and current than you guys?

3) some of u guys think you have more info and scholars at your hands to belittle the West Coast.u guys spectulating this and spectulating that with shallow comments is just amusing to me.

my advice already to you: go with the "acumen" of the developers. Dun say I never hint to you first over here when the goodies come along in West Coast. ( expected date of goodies news release: 15 Aug 2007 -after NDP ) OPEN YOUR EYES when u drop by the West Coast !

Unregistered
24-07-07, 11:13

1) do u think the many developers are so gullible as to invest in the West Coast area without some concrete reasurance support from a very very reliable source.

2) do u think the many developers who had just crazily enbloced the West Coast area have no information far more useful and current than you guys?

3) some of u guys think you have more info and scholars at your hands to belittle the West Coast.u guys spectulating this and spectulating that with shallow comments is just amusing to me.

my advice already to you: go with the "acumen" of the developers. Dun say I never hint to you first over here when the goodies come along in West Coast. ( expected date of goodies news release: 15 Aug 2007 -after NDP ) OPEN YOUR EYES when u drop by the West Coast !

Can you give us more hint to support your claims that there is something good happening around West coast? Don't you think that the West Coast area will be overcrowded when all the newly launched condo enter TOP?

Just curious

Unregistered
24-07-07, 13:15
Can you give us more hint to support your claims that there is something good happening around West coast? Don't you think that the West Coast area will be overcrowded when all the newly launched condo enter TOP?

Just curious

I thought the govt has plans to Jurong into a comercial hub with offices. etc along with the Paya Lebar area. More details next year during the Masterplan 2008 release. Based on this alone, investing in the West may make good sense.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 13:32

Follow a top govt. minister's advice: Don't be SPOOKED. No need to rush. developers bought this area could be because it's cheaper than the other places, except maybe Yishun.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 14:28

The goodies are in the better located Bouna Vista where One North is. WC will be left on the fringes as they should be. It should be untouched and let those who appreciate it by it as their homes. In terms of development, it's One-North almost all the way - it's the place the govt wants to make it vibrant and buzzing with activities for world-class research.

blackjack21trader
24-07-07, 14:58
I thought the govt has plans to Jurong into a comercial hub with offices. etc along with the Paya Lebar area. More details next year during the Masterplan 2008 release. Based on this alone, investing in the West may make good sense.

yes, u r partially right only. i'm referring to urban development, the way the residentials and infrastructure must be strategically constructed around the hub. this is something more, not what u guys will expect.

some even think i m referring to the one north development, which is not even close to what i m hinting at. if u major in city planning, u will know what i am hinting. if not, just wait for the news. please, do u see many residentials in shentonway ? where are the residentials located supporting the commerical activities? ur answer is as good as mine.

this news will make the balls of all skeptics of West Coast drop to neverlands, mark my post. and remember to tell them to address me as Pa Pa after the news.:tongue3:

Unregistered
24-07-07, 16:28
I will call anyone daddy if he can make me rich. Hope you are right. We bought Carabelle, which should boom if what you said comes true.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 16:43
I will call anyone daddy if he can make me rich. Hope you are right. We bought Carabelle, which should boom if what you said comes true.

In most cities, neighbourhoods near cargo terminals are the most undesirable as these areas are generall filthy, full of drunks, prostitutes etc. It will not easy (may not even be feasible), but if Govt is able to come up with a viable plan to relocate the entire cargo ship terminal to somewhere else, it certainly will help to change the landscape of west coast. Let's wait and see!

i know i know
24-07-07, 17:00
I know i know!

Alexandra area going to be 2nd CBD!

yes, u r partially right only. i'm referring to urban development, the way the residentials and infrastructure must be strategically constructed around the hub. this is something more, not what u guys will expect.

some even think i m referring to the one north development, which is not even close to what i m hinting at. if u major in city planning, u will know what i am hinting. if not, just wait for the news. please, do u see many residentials in shentonway ? where are the residentials located supporting the commerical activities? ur answer is as good as mine.

this news will make the balls of all skeptics of West Coast drop to neverlands, mark my post. and remember to tell them to address me as Pa Pa after the news.:tongue3:

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:11
In most cities, neighbourhoods near cargo terminals are the most undesirable as these areas are generall filthy, full of drunks, prostitutes etc. It will not easy (may not even be feasible), but if Govt is able to come up with a viable plan to relocate the entire cargo ship terminal to somewhere else, it certainly will help to change the landscape of west coast. Let's wait and see!

I think the container port terminal just added new facilities and expanded its container ports in WC. Check the website. It's more likely for the authority to remove all the containers at Tg. Pagar (facing Sentosa Cove) and move them to Pasir Panjang and WC. WC is also very close to the industrial Jurong Island, so it makes alot of sense to park all the containers on WC. It is also possible that since the casino is located in Sentosa, there must be a red-light district somewhere and it can't be at Sentosa/Vivocity. The distance between CBD and Geylang is about the same distance between the Sentosa casino/Harbourfront business district and WC port terminal, so it makes sense to have a new red-light district in WC also, although it will be somewhat shielded by the WC Highway. It will likely be sprouted along the eastern-side of west coast park, near the port, somewhat behind the western-end of Pasir Panjang. On this, there is no need for the Govt to announce after NDP.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:18
I think the container port terminal just added new facilities and expanded its container ports in WC. Check the website. It's more likely for the authority to remove all the containers at Tg. Pagar (facing Sentosa Cove) and move them to Pasir Panjang and WC. WC is also very close to the industrial Jurong Island, so it makes alot of sense to park all the containers on WC. It is also possible that since the casino is located in Sentosa, there must be a red-light district somewhere and it can't be at Sentosa/Vivocity. The distance between CBD and Geylang is about the same distance between the Sentosa casino/Harbourfront business district and WC port terminal, so it makes sense to have a new red-light district in WC also, although it will be somewhat shielded by the WC Highway. It will likely be sprouted along the eastern-side of west coast park, near the port, somewhat behind the western-end of Pasir Panjang. On this, there is no need for the Govt to announce after NDP.

Your analysis is first-rate. If I may add, the red-light district in WC will be easily contained and it will gain popularity as it is hidden near the container port and near the sea. This will free the very buildable Geylang area from prostitution and turn it into a world-class residential area at the fringe of the CBD. In the new WC red-light district which will grow by itself, it is quite ideal because there is no HDB town nearby and is very easily accessible by the gamblers and holiday-makers at Sentosa IR. S'pore like almost any city needs a red-light district and if Geylang must be moved, it must be moved into the W.C. right. So the WC is perfect in everyway.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:22
Your analysis is first-rate. If I may add, the red-light district in WC will be easily contained and it will gain popularity as it is hidden near the container port and near the sea. This will free the very buildable Geylang area from prostitution and turn it into a world-class residential area at the fringe of the CBD. In the new WC red-light district which will grow by itself, it is quite ideal because there is no HDB town nearby and is very easily accessible by the gamblers and holiday-makers at Sentosa IR. S'pore like almost any city needs a red-light district and if Geylang must be moved, it must be moved into the W.C. right. So the WC is perfect in everyway.

Yes you guys are so right. The new red-light district at the W.C. Perfect.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:22

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:27

My guess is it will be located near the car-mart and the pasir panjang food centre. It will not cause any disturbance to the residences there as there is a buffer and WC has many university students, so it will not rally affect the reputation. So in future, people who needs a shot will not say "let's go geylang", but "I need to visit the W.C."

Unregistered
24-07-07, 18:13

Only one problem with your idea of having a red-light district in WC. IT IS TOO NEAR THE UNIVERSITY
Puuting red light district near the university is like building the bomb factory near the iron mills, it won't make sense

blackjack21trader
24-07-07, 18:37
have u been sleeping? is women all u can think of ,pals.

Singapore #1
24-07-07, 18:47
Only one problem with your idea of having a red-light district in WC. IT IS TOO NEAR THE UNIVERSITY
Puuting red light district near the university is like building the bomb factory near the iron mills, it won't make sense

Good! Then we will have a first-rate red light district staffed by young first-rate minds and bodies from our first-rate national university.

We will soon have a world-class red light district with world-class social escorts with world-class prices. We will have top quality. Class. Beauty and Brains.

We will put "Hollywood Madam" to shame. US$5000 a night booking for world-class Honours student, no problem!

Registered
24-07-07, 18:52

Wah liao erh!
Let's change the topic lah!

BlackJack21Trader,
Buy property in WC also need money leh.
Can you or someone lend me some money? I've just sold another property and made some profit. Mortgage my exercised Option to you?
Pal

vested also in the WC
24-07-07, 18:53
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/West-Satellite-DPP-2008.jpg

Hehe we're red blooded males after all. We have needs too. :D

Back to the topic. Why did you show us the pic of Jurong Island? Is that where the shipyard and container yard gonna move to? I certainly hope so! The stretch of land by the coast is BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for world-class watersports and luxury resorts to complement our BEAUTIFUL Keppel Club golfing links.

This much I know is a certainty: all our MNC banks are moving back-end operations to Alexandra. So I predict the Alexandra and Pasir Panjang/West Coast area gonna be another Financial District? Right or no?

If really Financial District, then the place will super boom because all the high-end businesses will follow into the area, like bars, restaurants, boutiques, entertainment resorts, etc etc.

blackjack21trader
24-07-07, 18:57
Hehe we're red blooded males after all. We have needs too. :D

Back to the topic. Why did you show us the pic of Jurong Island? Is that where the shipyard and container yard gonna move to? I certainly hope so! The stretch of land by the coast is BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for world-class watersports and luxury resorts to complement our BEAUTIFUL Keppel Club golfing links.

This much I know is a certainty: all our MNC banks are moving back-end operations to Alexandra. So I predict the Alexandra and Pasir Panjang/West Coast area gonna be another Financial District? Right or no?

If really Financial District, then the place will super boom because all the high-end businesses will follow into the area, like bars, restaurants, boutiques, entertainment resorts, etc etc.

i can only tell u like what I told the skyscrapers last year about D9 and D10 before the boom : it is going to be Charlie's Boom Town !

Unregistered
24-07-07, 19:03
Wah liao erh!
Let's change the topic lah!

BlackJack21Trader,
Buy property in WC also need money leh.
Can you or someone lend me some money? I've just sold another property and made some profit. Mortgage my exercised Option to you?
Pal

Are you buying a new condo?
I think the banks here only offer bridging loan together with housing loan. They don't offer any standalone bridging loan.
Do you need a housing loan?

Registered
24-07-07, 19:04
Are you buying a new condo?
I think the banks here only offer bridging loan together with housing loan. They don't offer any standalone bridging loan.
Do you need a housing loan?

Yes, it's a new condo with deferred payment. So, I don't need a housing loan.

rpf
25-07-07, 00:21

your deadline to watch out for keep getting auto-extension?

Unregistered
25-07-07, 00:24
Yes, it's a new condo with deferred payment. So, I don't need a housing loan.

Like that no solution leh cos' the banks have no standalone bridging loan for you.

Does anyone know of any financing company that can offer such short-term credit?

blackjack21trader
10-03-08, 11:13
Went down Botannia's site 2 days ago- Very impressed with the progress. Some of the units have the windows and doors frame attached!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0404botannia.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0403botannia.jpg

Unregistered
10-03-08, 14:16
thanks.......me and my family bought some units in both botania and carabelle.....good to see botania coming up fast.....i haven the time to visit the site but I heard carabelle is also coming up nicely......not that big fat hole anymore....

blackjack21trader
11-03-08, 13:43
High End Shall Fall, Mass and Mid-Tier WILL RISE.

"Up the horses I can ride,"

"Passes the wealthy plains I laugh.."

"Upon the Dragon's Gate I ponder,"

"The villagers beyond cheer me on..."

"Listen carefully to the Western Land,"

"Lights are aplenty in the West..."

"The Mouse summoned the golds of the villagers..."

"For it is the year of the labor of love."

Buy D5 Now!

Unregistered
11-03-08, 21:12
blackjack go and die lah, you are the bastard that hacked into condosingapore, you bloody prick. You cannot take it when nobody likes you stupid dist5 issit?

Unregistered
13-03-08, 21:13
blackjack go and die lah, you are the bastard that hacked into condosingapore, you bloody prick. You cannot take it when nobody likes you stupid dist5 issit?
Nowadays the forummers are getting very personal, such a character assasination method is very pathetic. Stop this nonsense!

Unregistered
14-03-08, 10:12
Nowadays the forummers are getting very personal, such a character assasination method is very pathetic. Stop this nonsense!

The last post is obviously put up by blackjack himself. so obvious but so sad.

blackjack21trader
14-03-08, 16:07
Took a trip sometime back from the site of Botannia to Clementi MRT, the journey is about 1.3km and took about 20mins of walk:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/botannia2mrt.gif

For those who feel that 1.3km is too much. You can actually park at Ayer Rajah Food Center and go across the bridge to Clementi from there instead. Then when you want to return home, just take your car from the carpark- like park and ride concept. Anyway, one can also take the Botannia's shuttle bus instead. I will try living there for a few months when it TOPed and feedback to you guys.

blackjack21trader
14-03-08, 16:19
Here are some of Botannia's arhitectural features I feel worth mentioning and sharing with you guys:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/glbalconies.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/balconies.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/bedroom.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/balcony.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/living.jpg

blackjack21trader
14-03-08, 18:14
Here's some photos of the actual special building features I mentioned about Botannia in my previous posts:

Nice Clean-cut and Modern Balcony frames and huge planter's door frames.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0418nicebalcon.jpg

Notice the clear glass door stretch from the floor to the top of the ceiling?
Certainly providing a lot of breath-taking views and lights from inside the unit.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0417balconnice.jpg

Alternating Placement of Balconies. I can already imagine the feeling of freedom and inspirations on the balcony just by looking at this photo! :
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0416altrantebalcon.jpg

Unregistered
14-03-08, 20:55
Blackjack loser, the last time you posted in this website before it got hacked, didn't you say bye bye and never come back again? What the hell are you doing back here again? Are you the asshole that hacked into this website?
You better get lost!

blackjack21trader
15-03-08, 08:17
Blackjack loser, the last time you posted in this website before it got hacked, didn't you say bye bye and never come back again? What the hell are you doing back here again? Are you the asshole that hacked into this website?
You better get lost!

You are blackmailing,insulting and threatening me in your post.

Unregistered
15-03-08, 10:41
You better get lost!

Are you a big winner (multi millionaire/billionaire)? If you are just a salaried man (small fry) and living paycheck to paycheck, what right do you have to call other a loser?

What make you think BJ21T is a loser? If his net worth is more than you, he is already a winner (compare to U).

JACK LEE
15-03-08, 12:44
Hi BJT21, I bought a unit in Botannia and I visit the site once a week. I find your comment very helpful and interesting. I support you and please continue to post your comment. Don't get irritated by those negative posting. I think the TOP should be ready by early next year. I heard the trees that are planted beside the sport complex belong to Botannia. Looking forward to move in next year.

blackjack21trader
15-03-08, 13:02
Hi BJT21, I bought a unit in Botannia and I visit the site once a week. I find your comment very helpful and interesting. I support you and please continue to post your comment. Don't get irritated by those negative posting. I think the TOP should be ready by early next year. I heard the trees that are planted beside the sport complex belong to Botannia. Looking forward to move in next year.

Thanks for your kind words. Look forward to see you in this rare gem soon :)

Real winners
15-03-08, 13:03

Yes BJ21T, continue with your posts and comments. I followed your posts way back from SSSF and found your comments/views interesting. For those who cannot appreciate other's people views/comments, there are the real losers. The real winners are those who find times to listen, think and analyst other's people views/comments and improve on the strength and remove the weakness.

Unregistered
15-03-08, 19:45
Took a trip sometime back from the site of Botannia to Clementi MRT, the journey is about 1.3km and took about 20mins of walk:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/botannia2mrt.gif

For those who feel that 1.3km is too much. You can actually park at Ayer Rajah Food Center and go across the bridge to Clementi from there instead. Then when you want to return home, just take your car from the carpark- like park and ride concept. Anyway, one can also take the Botannia's shuttle bus instead. I will try living there for a few months when it TOPed and feedback to you guys.

the shuttle bus is the best option man.. love condos with such shuttle bus services.. btw dont sound as if you have multiple prestigious properties and you can happily choose which one to live in... u are probably one person who is using up every single cent of your monthly cpf contribution to pay for this botannia ahha

Unregistered
16-03-08, 20:56
how much is this condo now? my budget is 800k can buy one?

Unregistered
17-03-08, 05:39
I have 2 bedroom for sale. below 800k for 840 sqf.........

Unregistered
18-03-08, 23:07
OK what is the size of the unit? any H/P to call?

Unregistered
18-03-08, 23:45

It will go for 600psf by this time next year! You are really smart trying to get rid of it now. Good Luck though, you do need it!

Unregistered
19-03-08, 07:11
call anytime h/p 91477772

Unregistered
19-03-08, 09:02
call anytime h/p 91477772
Blackjack is getting so desperate.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 10:43

What a moron? Blackjack said 840 sqf, and he asked what size.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 16:02
I just chanced by this page. I think this BlackJack guy is doing an excellent job of sharing info and his views. Do keep this up, BJ

Simi
19-03-08, 21:05

Thought the 2 bedrooms are about 900+ sqft.

JACK LEE
19-03-08, 21:12
There are a total of 20 units of two bedrooms below 900sq feet fyi..

Simi
19-03-08, 21:35
There are a total of 20 units of two bedrooms below 900sq feet fyi..

Hi Jack

Thanks

have bought 1 unit 2 bedrooms myself
and was there last sunday to look at the progress.

Impressive indeed

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:30
Botannia seems to have good design and constuction. I was quite disappointed with Varsity Park when I saw it a few days ago. Maybe I will wait . When is TOP expected for Botannia ? Any updated indication from developers ?

Simi
20-03-08, 17:34
Botannia seems to have good design and constuction. I was quite disappointed with Varsity Park when I saw it a few days ago. Maybe I will wait . When is TOP expected for Botannia ? Any updated indication from developers ?

The expected date of delivery of vacant possession not later than 30th April 2010

Unregistered
25-03-08, 19:46
Here's some photos of the actual special building features I mentioned about Botannia in my previous posts:

Nice Clean-cut and Modern Balcony frames and huge planter's door frames.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0418nicebalcon.jpg

Notice the clear glass door stretch from the floor to the top of the ceiling?
Certainly providing a lot of breath-taking views and lights from inside the unit.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0417balconnice.jpg

Alternating Placement of Balconies. I can already imagine the feeling of freedom and inspirations on the balcony just by looking at this photo! :
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/DSCF0416altrantebalcon.jpg

very nice, thanks.

blackjack21trader
03-04-08, 15:58

Expected completion is 13 APR 2009 ( could be earlier, at the rate they are building it ). TOP should be 1 to 3 months after, just my guess. Botannians should start looking at furnitures and designs now at your own pace, else you will be caught off guard.

Unregistered
03-04-08, 17:00

You have to look at the finished product. Showflat is always more impressive than actual product.

Botannian
04-04-08, 12:28
Expected completion is 13 APR 2009 ( could be earlier, at the rate they are building it ). TOP should be 1 to 3 months after, just my guess. Botannians should start looking at furnitures and designs now at your own pace, else you will be caught off guard.

APR 2009 ? Wow, looking forward.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:11
very nice, thanks.

IMO, this look like another domitary in the likes of Kian Tech and Tampinese.

Just don't understand why people are paying through the roof to get it.

JACK LEE
04-04-08, 15:58
Congrat Blackjack21trader, our investment in Botannia will go up in value after today's announcement by Mr Mah. Huat ah!!!

blackjack21trader
04-04-08, 17:22
Congrat Blackjack21trader, our investment in Botannia will go up in value after today's announcement by Mr Mah. Huat ah!!!

Congrats to you too, my friend. Not only will our investment go up in value,I believe we will realise the rewards even much earlier than expected in 2009 ! :) Now I am thinking of holding my unit here for a bigger gain and longer period.

blackjack21trader
04-04-08, 17:30
IMO, this look like another domitary in the likes of Kian Tech and Tampinese.

Just don't understand why people are paying through the roof to get it.

What ??? Try telling that to our Mrs Kwek Leng Beng who bought a unit here in Botannia and see what the experienced and discerning investor will tell you about Botannia's design if she even bothers about your flawed comments.

I personally have been staying in many condos in Singapore. I can tell you not many of them can match the gracefully built design and well thought out engineering of this project.

You know this is a green award project and about 1500 trees will be planted here by a well known landscape designer and architect?

How many developer will build a project with go-green and protect the environment agenda on mind? I suggest you read the project brochure's fine prints again and again to understand it. I guess you do not underrstand the implications of this agenda to the modern environmentally concerned wealthy home buyers .

Now, collecting rainwater to save on resources in Botannia, how do you beat that? Or using motion sensors in the carparks and common area to conserve the lights. Or , using 2 chutes for recycling. Already, I read about this in a few articles on Botannia while I was overseas. Wait until the go-greeners learnt about these goodies or better still, take notice and circulate the green newsletters featuring Bontannia when TOP in their community. Or you have no idea who is in the green community?

One thing I am very sure for reasons I am not going to tell you, the quality and build of this project will definately be up to high standards.