PDA

View Full Version : LTA to study use of express trains on Cross Island Line

Ringo33
07-03-14, 16:19
this could potentially change the property landscape in Singapore. winner of course will be those OCR property located around stations with express line.

Taking an MRT train that stops at just a few stations and skips the rest so that travelling time is reduced could become an option for commuters here in future.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will study running both normal and express trains on the Cross Island Line, which will be ready in 2030.
It is calling for an engineering feasibility study for the proposed 50km line, which will run from Jurong industrial estate to Changi.
LTA expects the consultant to propose alignments that would let the line operate with both normal and express trains, a common feature of metro systems in cities such as Tokyo and New York.

august
07-03-14, 19:36
Destroy nature and you get no winners, only losers.

Ringo33
07-03-14, 19:41
Destroy nature and you get no winners, only losers.

that is not something new to Singapore and neither can we say we are not destroy nature with the sands we are buying from overseas.

leesg123
07-03-14, 22:53
This is expected as it will complement the high speed train to KL whcih will be stationed at Tuas area. This express line is to benefit people in the east heading to west for the high speed train. Also will benefit those west people heading to east side for the airport.

hyenergix
08-03-14, 05:35
this could potentially change the property landscape in Singapore. winner of course will be those OCR property located around stations with express line.

Something to do with NE region expanding to take in more residents and Jurong/Tuas expanding to accommodate more manufacturing.

The properties in the shaded grey zones below should experience good appreciation when the line is ready.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/mrtline17e.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/more-new-mrt-lines-be-built-2030-20130117

hyenergix
08-03-14, 05:38
This is expected as it will complement the high speed train to KL whcih will be stationed at Tuas area. This express line is to benefit people in the east heading to west for the high speed train. Also will benefit those west people heading to east side for the airport.

I don't foresee HSR being implemented within my lifetime.

hopeful
08-03-14, 08:34
I don't foresee HSR being implemented within my lifetime.

huh, 1 foot in bucket already?