PDA

View Full Version : Their wedding almost became a funeral after flat sale fell through

princess_morbucks
19-02-14, 09:38
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/wedding-almost-became-funeral-0

SINGAPORE - It was a wedding that not only defied convention but almost became a funeral.
Mr Zack Ling and Mrs Fanny Ling did eventually get married on Saturday, but the days leading up to the happy day were traumatic.
Mrs Ling, 39, was previously a man while her husband, 35, used to be insensitive about the transgender community.
Against all odds and despite the disapproval from friends and family, they started dating and lived together in Mrs Ling's flat four years ago.
To pay the wedding expenses and a new home, they put the three-room flat at Bedok Reservoir Road up for sale and moved to a rented room.
But just a week before their solemnisation, their wedding plans hit a roadblock: A buyer reneged on the purchase of their flat because he didn't have enough money, said Mr Ling, a chef.
On Feb 6, they approached HDB and the property agency which handled the sale, but were told there was nothing they could do. Mrs Ling was crushed.
"Suddenly, after all that we've been through, it felt like the wedding was no more. I didn't want to hear any more," said Mrs Ling, a part-time human resources executive.
"If I had to cancel the wedding, I wouldn't know how to face others. The invitations were sent out and the venue was booked already."
Angry and frustrated, she walked away from her husband-to-be and her property agent while they were still discussing the problem.
She sat at the lobby of HDB Hub in Toa Payoh and became more agitated after reflecting on her situation. Without informing Mr Ling, she walked to an overhead bridge nearby.