PDA

View Full Version : Do both owners need to sign TA?

Greenwood
17-02-14, 21:26
According to my agent, CEA law just changed. Both owners must sign TA. Is this true?

thomastansb
17-02-14, 22:06
I thought all the while ALL owners need to sign? Same as OTP, S&P etc.

According to my agent, CEA law just changed.
Both owners must sign TA. Is this true?

proud owner
17-02-14, 22:13
I thought all the while ALL owners need to sign? Same as OTP, S&P etc.

i became landlord since 2006 ...

so far all my OTP S&P etc ALL owners sign on the same documents..

so you are right ...

it is not something new ...

leesg123
17-02-14, 22:19
A handful of agents dont follow the guideline.

Greenwood
17-02-14, 22:21
i became landlord since 2006 ...

so far all my OTP S&P etc ALL owners sign on the same documents..

so you are right ...

it is not something new ...
Actually all my past TA only one need to sign. This is my first experience when both need to sign. So i asked.

august
17-02-14, 23:49
as long as the "missing" owner does not dispute the TA and tenant ok with it, there is no issue.

DC33_2008
18-02-14, 08:05
I believe it is a recent change as I have to get my spouse to sign on the TA too in a lease last year.
According to my agent, CEA law just changed. Both owners must sign TA. Is this true?

thomastansb
18-02-14, 08:41
It would be a serious problem when the other owner dispute it. From a tenant perspective, I don't want such problems.

Actually all my past TA only one need to sign. This is my first experience when both need to sign. So i asked.

pod
18-02-14, 09:05
Now the CEA getting very hard on poor estate agents, so they r under constant scrutiny. So if need to use thumb print or toe print.. they will surely ask u to do it as well...

:D

minority
18-02-14, 10:40
Now the CEA getting very hard on poor estate agents, so they r under constant scrutiny. So if need to use thumb print or toe print.. they will surely ask u to do it as well...

:D

coz some black sheep ....