PDA

View Full Version : LTA - Driver safe. Be alert & dont get fine

cbsh38584
09-02-14, 07:14
FYI.

TO all DRIVERS,

LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company to take down the licence plate number, make & colour of vehicles that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours. They are incognito with camera in hands …So don’t expect to see a TP, etc

Note you can get fined $130 for dropping someone off at or near the bus stop.

LTA has intensified their operations at the following areas :

1. Eunos link
2. Hougang ave 3
3. jurong town hall
4. Lorong chuan
5. Orchras road
6. Upper serangoon road
7. Upper Thomas road
8. Yishun ave 2

Additional spots where speed traps were seen,
1.Pie towards airport near toa payoh , exit tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge 90km/hr

2.Pie towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before ridout macdonalds. 60km/hr

3.Braddell road after bishan junction towards cte, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge 60km/hr

4.Queensway towards bukit merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before ridout macdonalds 60km/hr

5.Spot along upper bukit timah road towards woodlands road after a curve turn 60km/hr

Fine imposed is $170 & 8 demerit pts

rdgs,
Vic i

CondoWE
09-02-14, 08:30
LTA :..."I AM WATCHING YOU" :hell-hath-no-fury: !

proud owner
09-02-14, 15:16
FYI.

TO all DRIVERS,

LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company to take down the licence plate number, make & colour of vehicles that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours. They are incognito with camera in hands …So don’t expect to see a TP, etc

1. Eunos link
2. Hougang ave 3
3. jurong town hall
4. Lorong chuan
5. Orchras road
6. Upper serangoon road
7. Upper Thomas road
8. Yishun ave 2

1.Pie towards airport near toa payoh , exit tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge 90km/hr

2.Pie towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before ridout macdonalds. 60km/hr

3.Braddell road after bishan junction towards cte, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge 60km/hr

4.Queensway towards bukit merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before ridout macdonalds 60km/hr

5.Spot along upper bukit timah road towards woodlands road after a curve turn 60km/hr

rdgs,
Vic i

PIE towards Jurong and Ridout Macdonalds ??? so far apart...

4wheels
09-02-14, 16:43
2009 article

http://guanyu9.blogspot.sg/2009/03/lta-fined-130-for-dropping-someone-off.html

princess_morbucks
09-02-14, 17:27
2009 article

http://guanyu9.blogspot.sg/2009/03/lta-fined-130-for-dropping-someone-off.html

How come this news is resurfacing again?

teddybear
09-02-14, 18:01
Because more people get booked by these incognito outsourced "traffic police"?
Beware! These outsourced people are all out to make a "killing"!
They will easily give summons for every little damned thing and reason!
I once got a summon for parking in a red car park lot, but there is no sign or writings that say we can't park in the red lot! :doh:

How come this news is resurfacing again?

cbsh38584
09-02-14, 18:57
I think in late 2012, LTA installed camera along the parkway parade road big yellow box where many vehicles either wait or drop off or pick up passengers.

Many got fine either $70 for waiting (even with harzard light on ) along the big yellow boxes or $120 + 3 demerit points for waiting along the Single Zig Zag line.

One year later Jan 2014, LTA remove the camera + change the Zig Zag line back to double yellow line. LTA does not have any "ISO" standard procedure to implement traffic sign board.

rdgs,
Vic

Wunderkind
09-02-14, 19:22
Rather than get caught and have to pay the fine, it is better to keep to the rules. It is not worth the risk. But I have to say LTA can do better to educate the public on the rationale of the rules and put up clear signs to remind motorists of the rules. Why have to resort to peek a boo camera to catch offenders? Do the motorists look like thieves?

teddybear
09-02-14, 19:30
They have so many traffic police (or are they outsourced incognito?) trying to catch people driving into bus lanes or crossing double white lines with cameras! Yet these are the least worse traffic offence!

On the other hand, further up the road, I have seen places near schools where drivers flout traffic rules to make illegal left turns at cross-road junction (to beat a traffic jam on the left-turn filter lane), and there are so many near knock-down of the students crossing the road there with the Green man light on!

There are also many drivers purposely driving into cross-road junction when traffic light has already turned red and there is already a blockage in front (because of traffic jam) because they don't want to wait for next green light and in the process the blocking the vehicle in the criss-cross direction that is traveling straight or making right turn into the other direction! I even saw public buses beating the red light through this same very traffic junction and then blocking more than half of the whole cross-road junction so that vehicles in criss-cross direction which are supposed to be green traffic light cannot move! :scared-1: Yet no traffic police is around there (but they are further down the road)! :doh:

Then there are so many heavy vehicles and 60km/h vehicles driving on the middle lanes of the expressway and speeding their way OR hogging the lane and getting away their way! Again, no traffic police to rein them in!

Seem very idiotic to me! :mad:

I think in late 2012, LTA installed camera along the parkway parade road big yellow box where many vehicles either wait or drop off or pick up passengers.

Many got fine either $70 for waiting (even with harzard light on ) along the big yellow boxes or $120 + 3 demerit points for waiting along the Single Zig Zag line.

One year later Jan 2014, LTA remove the camera + change the Zig Zag line back to double yellow line. LTA does not have any "ISO" standard procedure to implement traffic sign board.

rdgs,
Vic

Royston8H
09-02-14, 19:35
I think this is true and they are already enforcing.

I heard from one of my friends that he received a summon because there was a private car was travelling in parallel with his car along PIE and caught him using handphone while driving. Got to know this when i sold off my unused bluetooth kits to him.

minority
09-02-14, 19:45
About time they enforce this. All the car just drive into bus lane n block the bus. How to expect bus come on time when u have jokers like theses blocking the bus. 130 is too little. Wack them 12 pts plus 300!

teddybear
09-02-14, 19:45
Are there traffic rule which say we can't drop off people at the bus stop?
Frankly speaking, I have never heard that before! :mad:
Don't think this is in the highway code!
If you can get fined $130 for dropping someone off at the bus stop, please kindly raise this fact with the Traffic Police................ :beats-me-man:

FYI.

TO all DRIVERS,

1. Eunos link
2. Hougang ave 3
3. jurong town hall
4. Lorong chuan
5. Orchras road
6. Upper serangoon road
7. Upper Thomas road
8. Yishun ave 2

rdgs,
Vic i

minority
09-02-14, 19:51
I will write in to lTA to ask for stiffer penalty of cars in bus lane. The current find are nothing. Wack hard hard. If not how can expect bus arrivals time be accurate!

teddybear
09-02-14, 19:59
Bus need to be on time, so bus drivers no choice have to beat traffic lights, and Traffic Police close their eyes and never bother? :doh:

I will write in to lTA to ask for stiffer penalty of cars in bus lane. The current find are nothing. Wack hard hard. If not how can expect bus arrivals time be accurate!

minority
09-02-14, 20:05
Bus need to be on time, so bus drivers no choice have to beat traffic lights, and Traffic Police close their eyes and never bother? :doh:

Yeah coz drivers like u stop her stop there cut into the bus lane n block the bus.

teddybear
09-02-14, 20:09
The roads are built with road tax payers' money!
If they want a bus lane, build an extra lane!
Don't cannibalize an existing lane that has already been built using road tax payers' money! Is it any wonder that there are traffic jams everywhere now after introduction of bus lane because 33% of the existing roads become bus lanes which are under-utilized?! :doh:

Yeah coz drivers like u stop her stop there cut into the bus lane n block the bus.

minority
09-02-14, 20:51
The roads are built with road tax payers' money!
If they want a bus lane, build an extra lane!
Don't cannibalize an existing lane that has already been built using road tax payers' money! Is it any wonder that there are traffic jams everywhere now after introduction of bus lane because 33% of the existing roads become bus lanes which are under-utilized?! :doh:

u mean the bus company never pay road tax? :banghead::banghead::bang head:

and 33%? u try to bluff who? Bus lanes are not all day. only at peak hrs then its enforced. :tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk: wat a joke.

teddybear
09-02-14, 21:21
Buses are on the road because they pay their share of road tax, then what do you expect? Free for them? :rolleyes:

If they pay for the bus lane fully we have no issue, but that is not the case! :tsk-tsk:

Peak hours then enforce? Preciously because of that that is why got so bad traffic jam especially during peak hours! That is why bus lane is the main cause of the worsening traffic jam because more and more bus lanes!

And Who can remember bus lane timing? Everything become other drivers responsibility suka suka change rule? Bus companies pay to build the bus lanes or not? :tongue3:

u mean the bus company never pay road tax? :banghead::banghead::bang head:

and 33%? u try to bluff who? Bus lanes are not all day. only at peak hrs then its enforced. :tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk: wat a joke.

minority
09-02-14, 21:29
Buses are on the road because they pay their share of road tax, then what do you expect? Free for them? :rolleyes:

If they pay for the bus lane fully we have no issue, but that is not the case! :tsk-tsk:

Peak hours then enforce? Preciously because of that that is why got so bad traffic jam especially during peak hours! That is why bus lane is the main cause of the worsening traffic jam because more and more bus lanes!

And Who can remember bus lane timing? Everything become other drivers responsibility suka suka change rule? Bus companies pay to build the bus lanes or not? :tongue3:

LOL!

go tell the passengers and commuters who say bus must be consistent. they also pay tax. So LTA who build the roads must make sure the bus are not block by inconsiderate nuts.

ITS LTA not the BUS company who ask for the bus lane. and LTA is responding to the commuters who want the bus service to be predictable.

Go Tell those people who KPKB abt the bus not on time. :banghead::banghead::banghead::bang head:

The roads are a better place if selfish people like u get wack with a big big fine!

proud owner
09-02-14, 21:31

I totally agree with you ...

for driver who drives to work ... it is always PEAK hr ...
why should we pay road tax when we use on week day only during peak hr and yet there is an entire lane we cannot use ?

if that is the case ... then road tax should be halved or only 2/3 ..
as most roads are 2 or 3 lanes ...

and drivers can only use either 1 or 2 lanes ...

teddybear
09-02-14, 21:35
And not only that, buses still crouch into middle lane and hogged traffic despite the fact that they have 1 whole bus lane for themselves! :simmering:

I totally agree with you ...

for driver who drives to work ... it is always PEAK hr ...
why should we pay road tax when we use on week day only during peak hr and yet there is an entire lane we cannot use ?

if that is the case ... then road tax should be halved or only 2/3 ..
as most roads are 2 or 3 lanes ...

and drivers can only use either 1 or 2 lanes ...

teddybear
09-02-14, 21:39
LTA want the bus lane? Then ask LTA to go pay to build another lane just for buses!

Who say buses must be consistent or on time?!
You all are just twisting facts!
If buses can come at 10 mins per bus, who cares whether they are on time or not?! Any time, after 10 mins, they will sure get 1 bus to hop on!
It is precisely because bus companies try to maximise profit, that is why buses frequently is too low and waiting time too long that people are complaining!

Same for MRT trains! Who say cannot reducing time between MRT train to less than 3 minutes? They bluff who?! :rolleyes:

The road will be smoother if the public bus drivers stop weaving in and out of middle lanes, stop hogging the road to be "consistent" on time and driving at 30 km/h, and the bus frequently is increased so that there is no more need for bus lane!

LOL!

go tell the passengers and commuters who say bus must be consistent. they also pay tax. So LTA who build the roads must make sure the bus are not block by inconsiderate nuts.

ITS LTA not the BUS company who ask for the bus lane. and LTA is responding to the commuters who want the bus service to be predictable.

Go Tell those people who KPKB abt the bus not on time. :banghead::banghead::banghead::bang head:

The roads are a better place if selfish people like u get wack with a big big fine!

proud owner
09-02-14, 21:48
And not only that, buses still crouch into middle lane and hogged traffic despite the fact that they have 1 whole bus lane for themselves! :simmering:

also when cars need to turn left ... the ALLOWED portion marked by dotted lines are drawn so close to the turn .. when traffic is heavy .. lane 2 jam up with cars wanting to turn left but are forced to stay on lane 2 until they reach the dotted line... and have to make an almost 90 deg turn

it is ridiculous ...

teddybear
09-02-14, 22:43
I have same experience as well! Damn bloody stupid! :doh:

also when cars need to turn left ... the ALLOWED portion marked by dotted lines are drawn so close to the turn .. when traffic is heavy .. lane 2 jam up with cars wanting to turn left but are forced to stay on lane 2 until they reach the dotted line... and have to make an almost 90 deg turn

it is ridiculous ...

minority
09-02-14, 22:49

yeah only selfish people like u think u pay that little road tax own the whole bloody road? Road tax enough cover the cost to build the road? Lol.:doh::doh::doh:

minority
09-02-14, 22:50

it is ridiculous ...

so what is ur solution u have to offer then?

minority
09-02-14, 22:51
LTA want the bus lane? Then ask LTA to go pay to build another lane just for buses!

Who say buses must be consistent or on time?!
You all are just twisting facts!
If buses can come at 10 mins per bus, who cares whether they are on time or not?! Any time, after 10 mins, they will sure get 1 bus to hop on!
It is precisely because bus companies try to maximise profit, that is why buses frequently is too low and waiting time too long that people are complaining!

Same for MRT trains! Who say cannot reducing time between MRT train to less than 3 minutes? They bluff who?! :rolleyes:

The road will be smoother if the public bus drivers stop weaving in and out of middle lanes, stop hogging the road to be "consistent" on time and driving at 30 km/h, and the bus frequently is increased so that there is no more need for bus lane!

LTA already build a lane for the bus ur dumb ! its being offered to share with the drivers. and the selfish drivers like u think its their birth right to use the whole road.

u are no diff from the honda ah beng.

proud owner
10-02-14, 18:38
so what is ur solution u have to offer then?

LTA has to redraw the dotted lines, drivers should have ample time to filter left and not make a sharp turn ...

freeing the lane for bus but creating a jam by cars wanting to turn left on the immediate right lane is very very bad planning ...

or should I say NO PLANNING ...

they haven't learned anything from the constant complain and suggestion put up by the public on exit lanes on expressway ...

proud owner
10-02-14, 18:39
LTA already build a lane for the bus ur dumb ! its being offered to share with the drivers. and the selfish drivers like u think its their birth right to use the whole road.

u are no diff from the honda ah beng.

I cant wait for an ambulance to be booked for using the bus lane during peak hr ...

teddybear
10-02-14, 19:01
Some people told me they saw many incidences of SxxxxCD cars taking bus lane. Wonder what will Traffic Police do to these vehicles? :beats-me-man:

LTA has to redraw the dotted lines, drivers should have ample time to filter left and not make a sharp turn ...

freeing the lane for bus but creating a jam by cars wanting to turn left on the immediate right lane is very very bad planning ...

they haven't learned anything from the constant complain and suggestion put up by the public on exit lanes on expressway ...

minority
10-02-14, 19:01

So what is Planning? reduce the cars? build more roads? make the bus fly or get DSTA to develop new technology to allow cars to travel through matter?

Cars not able to cut into those dotted lanes are drivers without skills.

What every planning also not enough as long got selfish drivers who think becoz they pay a bit of road tax they own the road. Like their grand father road.

minority
10-02-14, 19:03
Some people told me they saw many incidences of SxxxxCD cars taking bus lane. Wonder what will Traffic Police do to these vehicles? :beats-me-man:

Answer is very clear deal with selfish drivers like u 1st is the most effective.

teddybear
10-02-14, 21:20
Coffeeshop talk I heard is that the bus lanes have also become "fast lane" for VIPs like those SxxxxCD cars! So you have no balls to say that the govt need to deal with these people?! :rolleyes:

What do we call people who have no balls and stick? Eunuch is it? :scared-2:

Answer is very clear deal with selfish drivers like u 1st is the most effective.

proud owner
10-02-14, 21:34
So what is Planning? reduce the cars? build more roads? make the bus fly or get DSTA to develop new technology to allow cars to travel through matter?

What every planning also not enough as long got selfish drivers who think becoz they pay a bit of road tax they own the road. Like their grand father road.

cars are not allowed on bus lane ONLY during peak hours.

during these periods, cars that need to turn left are forced to queue on the second lane until the dotted line...

Good planning will be to redraw the dotted lines ... further before the turn ... this should give turning vehicles more time to filter left .. not forgetting, at such turnings , there is almost always a pedestrian crossing ... which further aggravate the jam ..

whats the point of making bus lane 'smooth flowing' but causing a jam on the next lane just before a turning ?

it is precisely becos of such bad planning that whenever drivers have the right of way, THEY CHOOSE not to give way to bus ..

who's fault ? driver selfish ? or LTA stupid ?

if bus has privilege, drivers can exercise their own privilege of not giving way .. :tongue3::tongue3:

teddybear
10-02-14, 21:48
I am afraid you are wasting your time and it is futile trying to explain to a MULE................. :banghead:

cars are not allowed on bus lane ONLY during peak hours.

during these periods, cars that need to turn left are forced to queue on the second lane until the dotted line...

Good planning will be to redraw the dotted lines ... further before the turn ... this should give turning vehicles more time to filter left .. not forgetting, at such turnings , there is almost always a pedestrian crossing ... which further aggravate the jam ..

whats the point of making bus lane 'smooth flowing' but causing a jam on the next lane just before a turning ?

it is precisely becos of such bad planning that whenever drivers have the right of way, THEY CHOOSE not to give way to bus ..

who's fault ? driver selfish ? or LTA stupid ?

if bus has privilege, drivers can exercise their own privilege of not giving way .. :tongue3::tongue3:

eng81157
11-02-14, 10:00
I am afraid you are wasting your time and it is futile trying to explain to a MULE................. :banghead:

please don't insult donkeys and mules.......

teddybear
11-02-14, 11:42
Oh sorry, didn't realize minority is so much worst than animals like donkeys and mules..... :o

please don't insult donkeys and mules.......

eng81157
11-02-14, 11:58
Oh sorry, didn't realize minority is so much worst than animals like donkeys and mules..... :o

they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breathe!!! donkeys and mules have some grey matter in their heads to begin with, unless those who possess a singularity point in their cranial space