PDA

View Full Version : Difference btw Strata area and floor area

sunny88
23-01-14, 10:34
I am considering buying a cluster house. (strata title)

The developers' use the term "strata area" instead of floor area.

The agents are unclear over the difference. Has anyone any idea the differences? Lawyer/architect/surveyor/buyer/agent? I don't wanna be taken for a ride.:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
23-01-14, 10:48
Buy a proper FH landed property. Better to own a land title then a strata title. ;)

The agents are unclear over the difference. Has anyone any idea the differences? Lawyer/architect/surveyor/buyer/agent? I don't wanna be taken for a ride.:beats-me-man:

sunny88
23-01-14, 11:00
Buy a proper FH landed property. Better to own a land title then a strata title. ;)

Thanks for the tip. Can't afford leh. This unit is FH strata cluster housing though. Quite rare, I thought.

Trevortan
23-01-14, 12:28

includes void spaces like above/below stairs? also high ceiling in living room if any is included in the strata area. Floor plans usually will indicate the void area included into the strata area.

sh
23-01-14, 13:12
Be careful for strata area in cluster housing. It includes 'outside' areas like carpark, PES and roof. Ask for the build in area, likely to be half the strata area

sunny88
23-01-14, 13:37
Be careful for strata area in cluster housing. It includes 'outside' areas like carpark, PES and roof. Ask for the build in area, likely to be half the strata area

Thanks for your reply. But the Option must indicate floor area right? Can they state "strata area" instead?

sh
23-01-14, 13:40
Thanks for your reply. But the Option must indicate floor area right? Can they state "strata area" instead?

built-in floor area is not likely to be in the option. Strata area is the legal area. That's why developers love cluttered, ops cluster housing, lets them get away with murder. Go in with your eyes open:eek:

DC33_2008
23-01-14, 14:53
What is the size of the typical floor area in this unit? How many storeys including basement or partial basement? What is the circulation area (ie. stairways, internal lift (if any)?
Thanks for the tip. Can't afford leh. This unit is FH strata cluster housing though. Quite rare, I thought.

proud owner
24-01-14, 00:32
What is the size of the typical floor area in this unit? How many storeys including basement or partial basement? What is the circulation area (ie. stairways, internal lift (if any)?

could it be Gilstead Brooks ? :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

triple70
24-01-14, 08:35

http://www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/NOTICE-11-03.pdf

The term "Floor Area' has no legal meaning in Sg. Strata Area is generally defined as the "size of area per level", within the boundary line of your property.

So if your cluster landed has a 1M gap between the actual building and the boundary with the neighbour, that 1m gap is still strata area per level.

Even the roof area above the attic floor is considered strata area as that is still your property.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/ProjectWebsites/Maroon/FloorPlans.aspx?id=2275

So.. if your strata bungalow develops a roof leak.. is that a MCST issue or a individual owner issue?

When considering cluster landed.. do not put too much weight into the strata area or psf, just consider the price vs the "space" u feel u are getting.