PDA

View Full Version : invest in wilkie sophia area

marktkt22
19-01-14, 21:48
Hi
All the experts and guru,

With the supply from old school site and sophia residence, and the various condo scale projt ,
is it still logical to invest in small apartment projt in that area ? I mean wilkie,sophia area.
Any views? thx in advance

marktkt22
19-01-14, 22:30
Not to mention suite@orchard, 8@mt sophia nearby. And the recent mickey mouse projt, liv @sophia,liv@wilkie by roxy. And the top parc sophia by oxley...
Seem indeed a lot of supply

leesg123
19-01-14, 22:41
This is my observation.

about 2 yrs ago nearly want to get an mm there at wilkie. Luckily didnt buy as the price has only gone up at most 5%. My other mm at RV has gone up 15%.

DC33_2008
20-01-14, 08:03
Do you mean 5% for two years? Some areas already having 15% per year (since last year). I believe it is project specific and area specific. :)
This is my observation.

about 2 yrs ago nearly want to get an mm there at wilkie. Luckily didnt buy as the price has only gone up at most 5%. My other mm at RV has gone up 15%.

smellyfish
20-01-14, 09:13
paging for BJ21T paging for BJ21T siang kar pay ger

Ringo33
20-01-14, 12:05
This is my observation.

project specific. e.g price of parc emily has risen quite a fair bit over the past 2 years. Thanks to project like 1919 and other good selling MM project for bring up the price.

blackjack21trader
20-01-14, 16:10
paging for BJ21T paging for BJ21T siang kar pay ger

Dun worry about it good brother, I am in the midst of completing the Essay of the Century. This article forumers read liao will TAU KONG KONG machiam like kena black magic like that and then hor, go out and buy Singapore properties like crazy.

Be patience.

玄天神龙

smartboy2
21-01-14, 11:32
get the tanjong pagar or D15 area!

clemdale24
21-01-14, 21:12
is this area good? no doubt its district 9, but a bit far to walk from dhoby ghaut mrt right?

Ringo33
21-01-14, 21:22
is this area good? no doubt its district 9, but a bit far to walk from dhoby ghaut mrt right?

once downtown line is completed there will be 4 MRT stations within about 500m radius from the selegie junction.

Little India Rochor, Bencoolen and DG

propertyhans
22-01-14, 08:31
once downtown line is completed there will be 4 MRT stations within about 500m radius from the selegie junction.

Little India Rochor, Bencoolen and DG

When I was staying there I walked to Bugis as well. The 2 new stations are really a big bonus.

marktkt22
23-01-14, 06:54
Thanks to all for reply.

jslee78
24-01-14, 20:51
It is an area with the most concentration of mrt stations....meaning very urbanised....but it has no big space left for redevelopment. Most importantly, there is height limit, as it is located in the most sensitive area as well. small plot of land. very dense development, buildings too close to one another, no privacy. With all of these limitation, how highends can the area become?

Ringo33
25-01-14, 10:32
It is an area with the most concentration of mrt stations....meaning very urbanised....but it has no big space left for redevelopment. Most importantly, there is height limit, as it is located in the most sensitive area as well. small plot of land. very dense development, buildings too close to one another, no privacy. With all of these limitation, how highends can the area become?

thats not true. when downtown line is complete, the area around mackenzie road will be launch for development and lets not forget that peace center will eventually be en bloc for development in the near future

blackjack21trader
25-01-14, 11:35

WOAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

u never know....someone pls mark this post.

I shall come back to this after April 2014.

leesg123
25-01-14, 12:36
True. The fact is that it is right next to the Istana. So there is a limit to the height.

Also, this area's prestige lies only at Sophia area. Beyond that e.g. Wilkie, Mackenzie all these are v close to the messy middle road and Little India district.