PDA

View Full Version : I dedicate this song to all the carrotheads in the current market

Patrickstar
18-01-14, 14:12
My newly composed song for carrotheads out there (specially dedicated to Ringo33):D.

Please sing to the tune of "Old MacDonald":

All developers have a good time. ..

Ye ah ye ah ohhh....

Small carrotheads here,
Big carrotheads there,
Carrotheads here, there and everywhere. ..

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

All developers harvest time. ..

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Small carrothead chop,
Big carrothead chop,
Chop here, chop there, chop everywhere.....

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

All the carrotheads worry time. ..

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Look look here,
Look look there,
No giant carrotheads to replace them,

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Ringo33
18-01-14, 14:22
if those with money and foresight are carrot heads, I would presume those
without money or foresight are sour grape heads?

http://www.echineselearning.com/image/blog/2011-07-19-putao.jpg

anyway, this thread is not even worthy to be posted in this part of the forum, hope moderator will move it to coffeeshop instead.

Patrickstar
18-01-14, 14:43
Actually this thread is meant for you. Thanks for coming in to sing the song.

if those with money and foresight are carrot heads, I would presume those
without money or foresight are sour grape heads?

http://www.echineselearning.com/image/blog/2011-07-19-putao.jpg

anyway, this thread is not even worthy to be posted in this part of the forum, hope moderator will move it to coffeeshop instead.

EBD
18-01-14, 15:38
Actually this thread is meant for you. Thanks for coming in to sing the song.

The shoe fitted & Ringo decided to wear it.

don't worry - he's not vested anyhow. Don't believe ? Ask him - and watch the greatest dodging since this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ASBsQfXnw

Winston kind of reminds me of Ringo - getting battered all day long

Allthepies
18-01-14, 17:45
the biggest carrot I know is the 25years old 250K COV BISHAN HDB buyer with 5 years MOP : )

teddybear
18-01-14, 20:19
Which is more carrot head?
1) Bishan $250k COV for total $1050k for 31.2% premium....
2) J Gateway $1700 psf vs surrounding condo selling at <$1100 psf for 54.5% premium.........
3) Hillford at $1100 psf for 60 years lease or equivalent to 99 years lease price of $1815 psf vs surrounding selling at <$1400 psf for 29.6% premium..........
The answer should be obviously from the above! :beats-me-man:

the biggest carrot I know is the 25years old 250K COV BISHAN HDB buyer with 5 years MOP : )

Royston8H
18-01-14, 21:01
Nice carrothead song.

The sign of many singaporeans jumped in means the starting of the downtrend begins

My newly composed song for carrotheads out there (specially dedicated to Ringo33):D.

Please sing to the tune of "Old MacDonald":

Ye ah ye ah ohhh....

Small carrotheads here,
Big carrotheads there,
Carrotheads here, there and everywhere. ..

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Small carrothead chop,
Big carrothead chop,
Chop here, chop there, chop everywhere.....

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Look look here,
Look look there,
No giant carrotheads to replace them,

Ye ah ye ah ohhh...

Royston8H
18-01-14, 21:04
Not surprise to see these carrotheads.

But i am very surprised to see a record high HDB flat sold in dec 2013 for $1.05million. Unbelievable.

See this resale HDB price index (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/resale-hdb-flat-price-record-resale-hdb-price/) new.

2) J Gateway $1700 psf vs surrounding condo selling at <$1100 psf for 54.5% premium.........
3) Hillford at $1100 psf for 60 years lease or equivalent to 99 years lease price of $1815 psf vs surrounding selling at <$1400 psf for 29.6% premium..........

Ringo33
18-01-14, 21:30
Being able to afford what you like is not a crime. If thats how you call a carrothead, then would rather be a carrothead anytime than someone sitting on the sideline staring at the grapes.

teddybear
18-01-14, 21:39
You understand what is a "carrot head" or not? think you don't!
"Carrot head" means you are being chopped for over-paying, paying a significant premium than other people, like overpaying for a property vs surrounding properties.................................. :rolleyes:

Being able to afford what you like is not a crime. If thats how you call a carrothead, then would rather be a carrothead anytime than someone sitting on the sideline staring at the grapes.

princess_morbucks
18-01-14, 21:39
Let's hope all the supposed carrot heads will head the grape vine in a few years to come! Cheers :cheers4:!

Royston8H
18-01-14, 21:42
hmm...2017....to be carrot tail

Ringo33
18-01-14, 22:00
You understand what is a "carrot head" or not? think you don't!
"Carrot head" means you are being chopped for over-paying, paying a significant premium than other people, like overpaying for a property vs surrounding properties.................................. :rolleyes:

For someone clinging on to a old and dull CCR property located at the wrong side of the road will sure think that everything else are expensive and all buyers are carrothead except himself.

Do you understand the meaning of sourgrape head or not? That means that every time you missed the boat you will kpkb saying those buyers are stupid.

Patrickstar
18-01-14, 22:49
Carrotheads are always optimistic and they always believe there is another giant carrothead out there to replace them :D
For someone clinging on to a old and dull CCR property located at the wrong side of the road will sure think that everything else are expensive and all buyers are carrothead except himself.

Do you understand the meaning of sourgrape head or not? That means that every time you missed the boat you will kpkb saying those buyers are stupid.

Ringo33
18-01-14, 23:36
Carrotheads are always optimistic and they always believe there is another giant carrothead out there to replace them :D

when you have excess money to invest, sure one's outlook has got to be optimistic or else why would be invest in the first place.

I think being a carrothead is due better than someone sitting on the side line giving negative comments about the grapes being sour etc.

Royston8H
18-01-14, 23:55
carrot heads are people who buy high like no body business despite HDB resale index peaked in Q2-2013 and started to drop in Q3 & Q4 2013. Same money can buy a decent private.;)

Patrickstar
19-01-14, 20:23
Carrotheads can't be educated, something that developers and I have learnt a long time ago. Govt is doing all the job for developers in attracting carrotheads. Govt just throw out some town plans and carrotheads swing straight into buying mode. Property agents just need to give carrotheads a slight push and they sign cheque and queue to ballot like queuing for hello kitty. The carrothead syndrome getting more serious with each launch.

carrot heads are people who buy high like no body business despite HDB resale index peaked in Q2-2013 and started to drop in Q3 & Q4 2013. Same money can buy a decent private.;)

proud owner
20-01-14, 02:41
Carrotheads can't be educated, something that developers and I have learnt a long time ago. Govt is doing all the job for developers in attracting carrotheads. Govt just throw out some town plans and carrotheads swing straight into buying mode. Property agents just need to give carrotheads a slight push and they sign cheque and queue to ballot like queuing for hello kitty. The carrothead syndrome getting more serious with each launch.

to me ... the obvious carrot heads are those who continue to contribute $$ to support the cross over project ... hahahhahahahhaha

the same carrot heads head to the sub court to give moral support too ...

Allthepies
20-01-14, 07:38
to me ... the obvious carrot heads are those who continue to contribute $$ to support the cross over project ... hahahhahahahhaha

ha ha ha... carrot heads everywhere...

eng81157
20-01-14, 07:56

the number of this category of carrot heads are declining and is still in decline. on a rare saturday's night out at suntec city, the place was way too quiet for a saturday night.

i remember the days when i had to queue to wait for taxis, but now i can stroll into the taxi stand to find long queus of taxis waiting for me. doesn't bode well for the carrotheads who bought into the story of buying suntec REITs share, in the hope of having a place of their own and earning rent at the same time.

Allthepies
20-01-14, 07:57

a) An important consideration is the growth potential in the area:
there really little or no growth in Bishan, only 2 more condos (Sky Habitat and Sky Vue) to make the place even more congested, noisy and crowded.
To pay $250K above valuation for a non-growth area is a no no...

b) A second consideration is the remaining lease left, 27 years used, left 72years.. it an old old old house, may need some major renovation to the "hardware" of the unit i.e piping, electrical cabling etc

c) The most important consideration is the 5 years bar to buy or sell any property: I think this is the most imt point for most property investors, they will walk away immediately seeing this clause...

d) If want to buy resale HDB with 250K COV or less, should go for top floor (49 floor) Duxton, it is 5 years old, superb sea view/sentosa view, in prime CCR D2, ultimate convenience...

DC33_2008
20-01-14, 08:09
The problem is that buyers are convinced by a nice and glossy picture painted to them. It can amount to misrepresentation.

DC33_2008
20-01-14, 08:12
How about UOE Reits? Why do they launch now. Will be cautious with an analysis of the CEO profile in Sunday Times. Shareholders might be squeezed.
the number of this category of carrot heads are declining and is still in decline. on a rare saturday's night out at suntec city, the place was way too quiet for a saturday night.

i remember the days when i had to queue to wait for taxis, but now i can stroll into the taxi stand to find long queus of taxis waiting for me. doesn't bode well for the carrotheads who bought into the story of buying suntec REITs share, in the hope of having a place of their own and earning rent at the same time.

lionhill
20-01-14, 08:15
a) d) If want to buy resale HDB with 250K COV or less, should go for top floor (49 floor) Duxton, it is 5 years old, superb sea view/sentosa view, in prime CCR D2, ultimate convenience...

Had walked round and round on the rooftop of Duxon, more container view than sea view/sentosa view, and a lot of high/low old roof top view of buildings in the city. really not as nice as expected.

DMCK
20-01-14, 09:33
if no carrot heads, the world dun turn...

EBD
20-01-14, 10:15

Totally agree - a fool and his money are soon parted.

EBD
20-01-14, 10:35

Carrothead are greedy and late to the party. The power of denial is tremendous.

Look at all the people who invested in Genneva Gold - deep down you would think that they must realise the model cannot work and the danger is to be the last man holding the baby. But many really believe 100%.

We had one of these poor souls at work - we all tried to warn him - but we are not "expert" like him. Sad.....

Ringo33
20-01-14, 11:48
Carrothead are greedy and late to the party. The power of denial is tremendous.

Look at all the people who invested in Genneva Gold - deep down you would think that they must realise the model cannot work and the danger is to be the last man holding the baby. But many really believe 100%.

We had one of these poor souls at work - we all tried to warn him - but we are not "expert" like him. Sad.....

Very bad analogy, just like the best and worst street Property 101.

Genneva Gold is a scam, how can you compare to property investment? And if there is no greed, why would people bother to invest in the first place.

good try, but no prize.

eng81157
20-01-14, 11:50
How about UOE Reits? Why do they launch now. Will be cautious with an analysis of the CEO profile in Sunday Times. Shareholders might be squeezed.

UOE reits isn't the same as suntec reits leh...........

DC33_2008
20-01-14, 12:09
What is the different? Care to share.:)
UOE reits isn't the same as suntec reits leh...........

Allthepies
20-01-14, 12:18
Had walked round and round on the rooftop of Duxon, more container view than sea view/sentosa view, and a lot of high/low old roof top view of buildings in the city. really not as nice as expected.

went up too, i feel the view is good especially in the south/ south west direction.. will be even better when the containers moved out :)

east you can see Clermont residences and our city skyline....

eng81157
20-01-14, 12:21
What is the different? Care to share.:)

huh?!?! they are two different entities..........isn't that obvious enough?

EBD
20-01-14, 12:24
Very bad analogy, just like the best and worst street Property 101.

Genneva Gold is a scam, how can you compare to property investment? And if there is no greed, why would people bother to invest in the first place.

good try, but no prize.

yawn...... chop chop chop.

not my fault if you don't understand basic things. that's your problem not mine.

Do keep trying. You may actually start making sense one day!

Ringo33
20-01-14, 13:05
yawn...... chop chop chop.

not my fault if you don't understand basic things. that's your problem not mine.

Do keep trying. You may actually start making sense one day!

It will be good if you could tell us why investing in property is not driven by greed.

For some I can understand because they are only pretending and talking like they are invested.

EBD
20-01-14, 15:48
It will be good if you could tell us why investing in property is not driven by greed.

For some I can understand because they are only pretending and talking like they are invested.

Wow - you finally bought yourself a mirror huh?

玉格格
20-01-14, 16:11

simple, cos they r driven by wisdom :47:

EBD
20-01-14, 20:01

My last post I answered the second sentence. Just to make sure everyone know you are the one posting endlessly on this board but will never have the guts to go on the record if you bought Jurong Gateway.
Yes or No - either way we will take you at face value.

Now the first part - Do you know what a strawman logical fallacy is? It's where you put words in other peoples mouths in an attempt to change their argument to one that is weaker and easier to defeat.

I only said carrothead are greedy and late to the party - not everyone who invests.
Sorry to disappoint - but not engaging in your feeble attempt to divert on to a false trail.
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chd=t1:6,1,2,2,3,3,95,3,1,2,2,1|62,62,64,65,62,73,98,87,72,61,58,58&cht=bvg&chxr=0,0,700|1,0,1500&chxt=y,r,r,x,x&chbh=a,4,8&chs=495x330&chts=000000,16&chg=100.0,10.0,3,2&chtt=Condominium%2C+District+22&chxl=2:|($)|3:|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|4:|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13&chdlp=b&chco=9ACD32,0000FF&chdlp=t&chdl=Sales|Avg.%20PSF&chm=D,0000FF,1,0,3&chxp=2,100

Do feel free however to tell us again how the makeup of condo buyer in D22 changed from 30-40 year old 99LH in the end of 2013 from the beginning of 2013 where I presume you think they were all buying brand new FH condo's though none exist in this district. :doh: Nah - they are the same type of mix and hence comparable.

Only the blip of carrothead in the middle of the year you cannot reasonably be used for comparison - otherwise see the psf trend.

chop chop chop

Ringo33
20-01-14, 20:11
My last post I answered the second sentence. Just to make sure everyone know you are the one posting endlessly on this board but will never have the guts to go on the record if you bought Jurong Gateway.
Yes or No - either way we will take you at face value.

Now the first part - Do you know what a strawman logical fallacy is? It's where you put words in other peoples mouths in an attempt to change their argument to one that is weaker and easier to defeat.

I only said carrothead are greedy and late to the party - not everyone who invests.
Sorry to disappoint - but not engaging in your feeble attempt to divert on to a false trail.
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chd=t1:6,1,2,2,3,3,95,3,1,2,2,1|62,62,64,65,62,73,98,87,72,61,58,58&cht=bvg&chxr=0,0,700|1,0,1500&chxt=y,r,r,x,x&chbh=a,4,8&chs=495x330&chts=000000,16&chg=100.0,10.0,3,2&chtt=Condominium%2C+District+22&chxl=2:|($)|3:|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|4:|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13&chdlp=b&chco=9ACD32,0000FF&chdlp=t&chdl=Sales|Avg.%20PSF&chm=D,0000FF,1,0,3&chxp=2,100

Do feel free however to tell us again how the makeup of condo buyer in D22 changed from 30-40 year old 99LH in the end of 2013 from the beginning of 2013 where I presume you think they were all buying brand new FH condo's though none exist in this district. :doh: Nah - they are the same type of mix and hence comparable.

Only the blip of carrothead in the middle of the year you cannot reasonably be used for comparison - otherwise see the psf trend.

chop chop chop

HEHEHE...late for the party??

Maybe someone should ask him, when was the last time there was a condo launch in Jurong East? And how many residential site are there left within Jurong Gateway?

all your theory cannot hold water lah... property 101 - best street worst street?? only good enough to feed the troll..

ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD)

Patrickstar
21-01-14, 11:24
Late for party just admit late lah :doh:

Maybe someone should ask him, when was the last time there was a condo launch in Jurong East? And how many residential site are there left within Jurong Gateway?

all your theory cannot hold water lah... property 101 - best street worst street?? only good enough to feed the troll..

ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD)

Ringo33
21-01-14, 11:56
Late for party just admit late lah :doh:

Jld plan was announced In 2008, since then the ONLY residential project that was launch in jurong east was j gateway in. 2013

Just because you are not invited to the party there is no need to be upset and sour about it.

Patrickstar
21-01-14, 12:02
If you buy in jurong only when or after you hear about the jld plan, the party is already over :D
Jld plan was announced In 2008, since then the ONLY residential project that was launch in jurong east was j gateway in. 2013

Just because you are not invited to the party there is no need to be upset and sour about it.

EBD
21-01-14, 12:42

yeah - because you couldn't possibly have bought from the secondary market in the many existing condo's at around 500-600 psf at the time and now be sat on top of a huge capital gain.

much better to wait until 2013 peak and get chopped like a carrot head for average of 1500psf.

But we all know you didn't even buy anything - that is why despite your desperate copycat use of phrases - which you are clearly too congenitally stupid to understand - it is you my dear who is all fart, no shit (Ringo33) , not I.

Feel free to look back at all my old posts of the time - unless you think I pre-emptively made an account 5 years before the 2nd biggest idiot this board has ever seen (Ringo33) to fill in a fantastic back story which I could then use to argue with a witless wonder (Ringo33) 5 years later.

Quite clear to everyone reading this who is all fart & no shit. talks all day but has bought nothing - zero skin in the game private condominium game - self declared "humble" hdb dweller (Ringo33) but with no humility.

Alternatively you could just grow a pair of testicles and tell people what you bought. We'd all believe you. I'd even stop referring to you by your proper title. King of all fart, no shit (Ringo33).

EBD
21-01-14, 12:57

ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD)

You really have lost the plot. I'd be fascinated to know why buying in 2007 in Jurong even before JLD was announced would be considered late?

Also JLD is only considered to be useful to JE? Not JELD is it? What about all those smart guys buying Caspian at 600psf? Or Lakefront residences ?

It was that event that spurred me to buy back into RV FH at way way less than carrothead 1500psf 99LH JE <--- again all written here before your lame brain joined this forum.

All fart, no shit (Ringo33) - king of no action, talk only.

Royston8H
24-01-14, 19:46
if reits like suntec reits with NAV higher than its current dropping price, i really dont think OUE can do that well too...perhaps it will shoot up higher upon IPO but it will eventually drop like the rest of the reits.