PDA

View Full Version : Mt Sinai Landed - A viable plan?

yowetan
29-12-13, 13:10
Hi All, I am setting my new milestone/resolution for the Year 2014.

With the TSDR, MSR, ABSD and other cooling measures in force - I am thinking to go all out for the grand finale of my lifetime in this property cycle.

I am considering to let go Mt Sinai 2 bedder, along with 3 HDBs and will combine all proceeds to get the Mt Sinai landed property.

The below is the estimation for discussion and recommendation from fellow forummers.

1. Mt Sinai 2 bedders - Bought 1.7++ million, target to sell off 2.1-2.2 mil SGD. With the penalty incur, I am hoping to receive 200-300kSGD profit.
2. 5 room HDB flat Tiong Bahru (high floor) - Aimiing to sell off 1mil SGD. Pay off 400k loan, and hopefully receiving 600K profit.
3. 5 room HDB flat Queensway (high floor, fully paid) - Aiming to sell off 1 to 1.1 mil SGD.
4. 5 room HDB flat Jurong East (mid floor, fully paid near JE MRT, JEM etc) - Aiming to sell off 1 to 1.1mil SGD.

With that, we are looking at possibly 2.5milSGD to 3milSGD.

Also, my wife and myself, have had just received my bonus from our workplace bank it is around 20k combined.

Is it okay for us to go all out to secure a Mt Sinai landed property? I love to stay near Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and have my children nurture in the neighborhood, in Henry Park Primary. Thanks in advance.

Kelonguni
29-12-13, 15:26
Back with a vengeance. Well done.

lionhill
29-12-13, 15:39
YT, you are always so humorous.

Actually, you are not the most ambitious one about HDB. I once told an agent, who advised me to sell my HDB to avoid ABSD, that I did not mind letting my HDB go at 1.3M.

haha.... If your Jurong East HDB can be sold at 1.1M, my HDB will worth 1.3M, but I am not sure how much the Mount Sinai landed is worth then.

CCR
29-12-13, 16:29
He purposely write jokes for us during this Xmas period

leesg123
29-12-13, 17:11
Sounds viable. Go for it Yowetan!!

qianfugui
29-12-13, 17:46

With the TSDR, MSR, ABSD and other cooling measures in force - I am thinking to go all out for the grand finale of my lifetime in this property cycle.

I am considering to let go Mt Sinai 2 bedder, along with 3 HDBs and will combine all proceeds to get the Mt Sinai landed property.

The below is the estimation for discussion and recommendation from fellow forummers.

1. Mt Sinai 2 bedders - Bought 1.7++ million, target to sell off 2.1-2.2 mil SGD. With the penalty incur, I am hoping to receive 200-300kSGD profit.
2. 5 room HDB flat Tiong Bahru (high floor) - Aimiing to sell off 1mil SGD. Pay off 400k loan, and hopefully receiving 600K profit.
3. 5 room HDB flat Queensway (high floor, fully paid) - Aiming to sell off 1 to 1.1 mil SGD.
4. 5 room HDB flat Jurong East (mid floor, fully paid near JE MRT, JEM etc) - Aiming to sell off 1 to 1.1mil SGD.

Also, my wife and myself, have had just received my bonus from our workplace bank it is around 20k combined.

Is it okay for us to go all out to secure a Mt Sinai landed property? I love to stay near Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and have my children nurture in the neighborhood, in Henry Park Primary. Thanks in advance.

For those who believe to me this is another joke to start 2014.

You so sure that HDBs would fetch near $$ millions when COV are crashing and valuation game is turning south.

Also there will be complications on "monetisation" with so many individuals
involved.

Don't be too happy yet. CPF money is not your money after 65 and even after 80.

I believe all HDBs are bought with in-laws CPF monies and so it need paid back with interests to the individual CPF accounts, With minimum sum and CPF Life you will be shocked how much individual can "cash' out.:banghead:

yowetan
29-12-13, 18:08
For those who believe to me this is another joke to start 2014.

You so sure that HDBs would fetch near $$ millions when COV are crashing and valuation game is turning south.

Also there will be complications on "monetisation" with so many individuals
involved.

Don't be too happy yet. CPF money is not your money after 65 and even after 80.

I believe all HDBs are bought with in-laws CPF monies and so it need paid back with interests to the individual CPF accounts, With minimum sum and CPF Life you will be shocked how much individual can "cash' out.:banghead:

Hi...thanks for pointing out the CPF minimum sum requirement. I almost forgotten this part!

Yes, it seems this policy will set me approximately 300-400k poorer.

Having said that, we are very serious and considering to get one landed property in Mt Sinai.

yowetan
29-12-13, 18:09
YT, you are always so humorous.

Actually, you are not the most ambitious one about HDB. I once told an agent, who advised me to sell my HDB to avoid ABSD, that I did not mind letting my HDB go at 1.3M.

haha.... If your Jurong East HDB can be sold at 1.1M, my HDB will worth 1.3M, but I am not sure how much the Mount Sinai landed is worth then.

Hi lionhill...My in-law JE HDB is a big 5 room HDB flat, and is facing the Westgate. Hence, we are very confident we are able to achieve good price as the recent Jurong gateway proves a to be a success sell-out.

creative_vitamin
29-12-13, 19:42
Hi lionhill...My in-law JE HDB is a big 5 room HDB flat, and is facing the Westgate. Hence, we are very confident we are able to achieve good price as the recent Jurong gateway proves a to be a success sell-out.

how much is a mount sinai landed?

Ringo33
29-12-13, 19:55

Until you find a buyer that is willing to pay those ridicules selling price which you are "hoping", all these talk about living in landed property are just fantasy.

So lets not waste time.

Adva181
29-12-13, 20:14
Lol, an old mt Sinai terrace will cost min 4-5m.
Even if u managed to secure 3m, u still cannot afford it as ur income of 8k cannot get u pass TSDR.

To secure a 1.5m loan, u need monthly salary of around 20k.
Of course, it depends on other factors such as age, any other commitment etc.

leesg123
29-12-13, 20:24
Folks, dont be so mean lah. I think yowetan can do it. One must have a dream.

Ringo33
29-12-13, 20:28
Folks, dont be so mean lah. I think yowetan can do it. One must have a dream.

these are all just fantasy talks at best because the sum just doesnt add up

At this rate, I think in 5 years time, he will be thinking of buying over Istana.

Molotov
29-12-13, 20:49

At this rate, I think in 5 years time, he will be thinking of buying over Istana.
YT is at it again! His bluffing-thru-the -nostrils replies are so oblivious and that's what make him a AAA stand-up comedian. Enjoy it guys! YT keep it coming please!

Ringo33
29-12-13, 20:58
YT is at it again! His bluffing-thru-the -nostrils replies are so oblivious and that's what make him a AAA stand-up comedian. Enjoy it guys! YT keep it coming please!

He talks like he is the vortex at center of universe, whoever that is related to him has to sell away their properties and hand over the money to him to buy bigger property.

honestly, who in this world is so stupid to do that?

Adva181
29-12-13, 21:06
True la, one must have dream..

Be it real or for joke, just do ur best.

Please continue the thread YT

walkthetiger
29-12-13, 21:28

Probably he will be seeking our advices building a chateau here next year.

solsys
29-12-13, 21:38
Guys, I think yowetan can do it........ because he is ficticious and his story is what we call science-fiction.

Yowetan is Luke SkyTalker, starring in SG Wars, 'A New Hope'!

Blockbuster hit with many views!

CCR
29-12-13, 22:01
Ya, if you managed to sell any one of your hdb at 990k, let's us know.....

Ringo33
29-12-13, 22:16
Ya, if you managed to sell any one of your hdb at 990k, let's us know.....

before that, he must first convince all his "inlaws" to sell the property and give him the money to buy property..

newbie11
29-12-13, 22:20
With msr, who can afford 1m hdb?

Cupcakes
29-12-13, 22:54

Is it okay for us to go all out to secure a Mt Sinai landed property? I love to stay near Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and have my children nurture in the neighborhood, in Henry Park Primary. Thanks in advance. didn't know back office can get so much bonus. All my friends in banks in middle office n front office doing support role get 1 month bonus only. Their pay only increase by $50. Lol

leesg123
29-12-13, 23:45
We have to grateful towards YT for entertaining us here. Its getting too boring.

jwong71
30-12-13, 00:51
To buy a Hdb at 1mio,

20% down, 800k loan.

Calculation of 25yrs loan and not exceed 30% monthly income.

One or both must min 12k.

Buyers might as well apply for EC, better chance of appreciate.
Not forgetting the Hdb cov is crashing. What they paying for the cov or valuation will go sour in no time.

newbie11
30-12-13, 01:04
Income should be 13.3k to pass msr

merlion
30-12-13, 02:05
Jia You Yowetan. Good to have dreams and aspirations. :)

henryhk
30-12-13, 07:38
didn't know back office can get so much bonus. All my friends in banks in middle office n front office doing support role get 1 month bonus only. Their pay only increase by $50. Lol

Ya true, end of year is 1 month bonus, their fat bonus is only in march, he is definitely smoking us!

irisng
30-12-13, 07:45
I found it a bit ridiculous, sell away all the houses which not all belong to him just to aim for his dream. It will put all those involve in an inconvenience situation. Especially the old folks, they have to follow him here and there. I should say this is a selfish act, sorry huh.

If he is using his our own money, there's nothing to say but he is using his old folks money to fulfil his dream. If he bought his dream landed ppty, that means it will registered under his name, that means he is transferring all the titles deeds from his parents/in laws to his using a different method.:doh:

minority
30-12-13, 08:05
YT year end liao u are entertaining us again?

regency321
30-12-13, 08:43
cool story bro :banana:

Cupcakes
30-12-13, 09:11
Ya true, end of year is 1 month bonus, their fat bonus is only in march, he is definitely smoking us!
no lah. which bank, u tell me. unless is clerk level, getting bonus & 13 mth. anyway, pls buy and invite us to your house warming. u gotta prove us wrong.

onglai
30-12-13, 09:17
yowetan,

if your first job is a script writer in mediacorp, u would have owned a landed in mt sinai years ago without help from any of ur inlaws..

:D

NO_7
30-12-13, 09:39
Wait till u strike the angbao Toto.

jeremylbt
30-12-13, 11:36
I know I had to write something here and that something is

WAKEUP. WAKEUP. Stop dreaming...

I was wondering how did he manage to purchase his mt Sinai 2 bedder (if it exists at all) with his penny pay.:confused::confused:

yowetan
30-12-13, 13:05

Hi...I am getting 1 month + 1.5 month performance , same as my wife.

yowetan
30-12-13, 13:07
no lah. which bank, u tell me. unless is clerk level, getting bonus & 13 mth. anyway, pls buy and invite us to your house warming. u gotta prove us wrong.

Hi...my wife and myself are Senior officers in our respective team.

yowetan
30-12-13, 13:09
I found it a bit ridiculous, sell away all the houses which not all belong to him just to aim for his dream. It will put all those involve in an inconvenience situation. Especially the old folks, they have to follow him here and there. I should say this is a selfish act, sorry huh.

If he is using his our own money, there's nothing to say but he is using his old folks money to fulfil his dream. If he bought his dream landed ppty, that means it will registered under his name, that means he is transferring all the titles deeds from his parents/in laws to his using a different method.:doh:

Hi...we have actually communicated to our parents and in-laws on this matter. We have got their consensus and blessing.

yowetan
30-12-13, 13:11
Jia You Yowetan. Good to have dreams and aspirations. :)

Hi...I am considering to try my best to make this dream a reality!

Cupcakes
30-12-13, 13:13
Hi...I am getting 1 month + 1.5 month performance , same as my wife.

your pay 3.5k only wor. how to get 20k in total?

yowetan
30-12-13, 13:23
your pay 3.5k only wor. how to get 20k in total?

Hi...

Assuming my wife and myself gets 3.5k nett, Estimated sum as follows:

me: 3.5k basic month Dec + 3.5k 1 mth bonus + (3.5K + 1.75K) Performance
Wife: 3.5k basic month Dec + 3.5k 1 mth bonus + (3.5k + 1.75k) Performance

Thanks.

Ringo33
30-12-13, 13:51
Hi...we have actually communicated to our parents and in-laws on this matter. We have got their consensus and blessing.

Dont talk jiao wei lah.

Warren49
30-12-13, 14:27

Why don't you move to Iskandar & rent out all 3 HDB flats? Your parents & in-laws can jaga your kid to Marlborough College, better than Henry Park!

You can buy a SG car with the extra cash & commute daily to CBD!

yowetan
30-12-13, 15:31
Why don't you move to Iskandar & rent out all 3 HDB flats? Your parents & in-laws can jaga your kid to Marlborough College, better than Henry Park!

You can buy a SG car with the extra cash & commute daily to CBD!

Hi...I am a Singaporean and have absolute trust and confidence in Singapore. Besides, my parents and in-laws prefer Singapore to Malaysia. We want win-win situation. If we stay in Mt-sinai area, we can take bicycle or walk to our office. It is that convienient.

Ringo33
30-12-13, 15:47
Hi...I am a Singaporean and have absolute trust and confidence in Singapore. Besides, my parents and in-laws prefer Singapore to Malaysia. We want win-win situation. If we stay in Mt-sinai area, we can take bicycle or walk to our office. It is that convienient.

Why would you in laws sell the property to live with you?

You serving lobster sharkfin and birdnest every day?

yowetan
30-12-13, 16:04
Why would you in laws sell the property to live with you?

You serving lobster sharkfin and birdnest every day?

Hi...we are currently living together for years; the other HDB units are collecting rental and is pooled to a central account for diversification and investment purposes.

Ringo33
30-12-13, 16:10
Hi...we are currently living together for years; the other HDB units are collecting rental and is pooled to a central account for diversification and investment purposes.

As far as I know, when you appear in this forum, you are still living in HDB and a few months back you were just "talking" about buying Trizon, and now you are saying you were all living together for years?

Then again, why would anyone want to sell away their property and have zero rental income so that their son in law can live in a landed property.

You serving lobster, sharkfin birdnest everyday?

yowetan
30-12-13, 16:14
As far as I know, when you appear in this forum, you are still living in HDB and a few months back you were just "talking" about buying Trizon, and now you are saying you were all living together for years?

Hi...yes, we have been living under one roof for years.

challenger
30-12-13, 19:30
5 room HDB flat Tiong Bahru (high floor) - Aimiing to sell off 1mil SGD. Pay off 400k loan, and hopefully receiving 600K profit.

Currently there are some Tiong Bahru 5 room HDB flats advertised in propertyguru. One unit's valuation is $820k, high floor. It is Block 19 which is opposite Tiong Bahru plaza, covered walkway to MRT, less than 5min walk to MRT, coffee shop less than 5 min walk, 7-11 less than 5 min walk, and seems recently renovated.

$1 million means COV of $180k. And I am assuming your house is also at block 19. Other block valuation is likely less. Why don't you do a valuation of your property to see if your selling price is reasonable.

Adva181
30-12-13, 20:38
Hi...

Assuming my wife and myself gets 3.5k nett, Estimated sum as follows:

me: 3.5k basic month Dec + 3.5k 1 mth bonus + (3.5K + 1.75K) Performance
Wife: 3.5k basic month Dec + 3.5k 1 mth bonus + (3.5k + 1.75k) Performance

Thanks.

3.5 basic month is basic pay, not counted into as bonus.
So effective only 17.5k n still must deduct CPF so less than 15k lol

CondoWE
01-01-14, 10:52
Joker is out to entertainment us again...:D:D:D!

mummy
01-01-14, 13:03
Joker is out to entertainment us again...:D:D:D!

But landed is really good for fast capital appreciation. Bought my terrace at 842psf and now some are selling at nearly 2000psf!

So it is a good aspiration to have to live in a landed...I believe it appreciates better than condo....

CondoWE
01-01-14, 14:01
But landed is really good for fast capital appreciation. Bought my terrace at 842psf and now some are selling at nearly 2000psf!

So it is a good aspiration to have to live in a landed...I believe it appreciates better than condo....

If you follow all his posts and threads, you will know what I means...:rolleyes:!

Yes, FH landed is better than condo but I am not refering to this instead his act.....:rolleyes:! If with this pay also can buy FH landed then I think gov will come out more CM liao..:doh:!

ecimbew
01-01-14, 20:14
This needs a new script.

sillyme
16-02-14, 16:12

Hi, Yowetan. I am a bit confused, have you already bought your landed Mt S? cos the COV seems to be declining by the day for hdb.

Adva181
17-02-14, 23:23
Hi, Yowetan. I am a bit confused, have you already bought your landed Mt S? cos the COV seems to be declining by the day for hdb.

Impossible la, his mt Sinai condo 16% SSD would have killed him.

sillyme
18-02-14, 14:20

Oh, so I should not take him seriously

creative_vitamin
19-02-14, 08:27

its a dream thought process

CondoWE
19-02-14, 08:57

He is a real blowhard :simmering: !

yowetan
19-02-14, 14:49

The SSD penalty has already factored into consideration. Please kindly read and analyze the sum.

creative_vitamin
19-02-14, 16:22
The SSD penalty has already factored into consideration. Please kindly read and analyze the sum.

If you sell at these prices, you will definitely be interviewed.

Adva181
19-02-14, 19:23

U bought 1.75m. Plus 3%SD 50k = 1.8m
U sell 2.1m with 16% SD @ 336k
Your effective transaction is 1.7m
How to have 200-300k profit?
Pls enlighten me.

Xan
20-02-14, 20:54
U bought 1.75m. Plus 3%SD 50k = 1.8m
U sell 2.1m with 16% SD @ 336k
Your effective transaction is 1.7m
How to have 200-300k profit?
Pls enlighten me.

Gong jiao wei is free one what.
Don't even bother to entertain him. Waste time nia.