PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Teller

irisng
22-12-13, 08:43
Do you all believe? Like reading the palm, poker card, face etc

Allthepies
22-12-13, 08:52
If you can find a real master.... the problem is real master is hard to come by....

mcmlxxvi
22-12-13, 09:16

I only believe in poker faces.

from wiki:

me: how do you wake up lady gaga*
nick: poker (poke her) face

zeamybro
22-12-13, 09:30
Yes I think palmistry can be very accurate, but that's only based on your current mentality, mindset and present conditions etc... I believe we can determine our own destiny, and our palm lines may change accordingly, but of cos need to put in conscious effort and hardwork.. Otherwise your life will be more or less determined by your palm lines if u sit there and do nothing..

Diff ppl believe in diff things .. I am jus sharing my own understanding and beliefs :)

玉格格
22-12-13, 12:10
im not really superstitious but im quite interested in palmistry, mole study, fortune telling, fengshui :D in particular moles on yr body.
I hv nvr visited fortune teller though.

minority
22-12-13, 13:59
The person that can tell ur fortune is urself. Fortune is in ones own hands.

focus
22-12-13, 15:59
I only believe in ZiWei DouShu

irisng
23-12-13, 06:57
Once my friend brought me to JB for the "poker card". It is a small temple. It was quite accurate I should say. The master only tell me about my current situation and asked me what to avoid but what he said is not the one that I want to know leh.

irisng
23-12-13, 06:58
I only believe in ZiWei DouShu

Sorry, what is this Ziwei DouShu all about?

irisng
23-12-13, 18:25

from wiki:

So funny, so did lady gaga wake up, gagagaga.:)

Does anyone has jokes to share, I think we should start a joke thread to relax ourselves. Laughter is the best medicine.

teddybear
23-12-13, 19:16
I am strong believer in feng shui... :D

Ringo33
23-12-13, 21:34
I am strong believer in feng shui... :D

If you cant back up what you say with facts, then you should fall it blind faith

irisng
24-12-13, 07:03
Actually I also believe in fengshui but to certain extent. A lot of things depends on destiny, fengshui is to enhance it. That's why I'm not so willing to pay a substantial amount to engage a fengshui master.

A good fengshui master can really help you in many aspects but it is not easy to find and they usually charge a very high fee for their services.

eng81157
24-12-13, 08:37

from wiki:

C-O-O-O-O-O-O-R-R-R-R-N-N-N-Y

teddybear
24-12-13, 10:47
Say you do reading the palm, poker card, face, or using birth date to predict your destiny, then what?
1) Sit there and let your destiny pan out?
2) Disregard the destiny, and if good, strive for better, or if bad, strive for better?
3) If they say until very very bad, then what? Commit suicide? :(

Which would you do? Which is more appropriate?

一命二运三风水,四积功德五读书。

一命二运改不了,只有改风水啦。

Actually I also believe in fengshui but to certain extent. A lot of things depends on destiny, fengshui is to enhance it. That's why I'm not so willing to pay a substantial amount to engage a fengshui master.

A good fengshui master can really help you in many aspects but it is not easy to find and they usually charge a very high fee for their services.

irisng
24-12-13, 17:57
Say you do reading the palm, poker card, face, or using birth date to predict your destiny, then what?
1) Sit there and let your destiny pan out?
2) Disregard the destiny, and if good, strive for better, or if bad, strive for better?
3) If they say until very very bad, then what? Commit suicide? :(

Which would you do? Which is more appropriate?

一命二运三风水,四积功德五读书。

一命二运改不了,只有改风水啦。

Haha, the problem is I don't fully believe all these, looking for the poker card is hope that it can help to enlighten me and advise me on the problem that is beyond my control, just listen and judge yourself. Just like why people go to temple to pray for certain things, is individual belief. IMHO fengshui is different from palm reading, poker card or face reading. Fengshui is to enhance your destiny whereas poker card, palm and face reading can only tell your destiny but cannot enhance it.

Some people go for palm and face reading is out of curiosity, no special reason. So the best is if want to see, just listen, don't take it too seriously.

Shanhz
28-12-13, 19:45
Sorry, what is this Ziwei DouShu all about?

ziwei doushu is using your bazi to calculate your varioius "宫" in your life. These include 父母宫,兄弟宫,事业宫,夫妻宫 etc. it is very scientific, ie: alot of taiwan websites can immediately generate the results for you once you key in your bazi.

the difference in getting shifu to interpret is that they can based on experience and their 6th sense read between the lines of the results being generated.

as an example, if a certain star appears in your 夫妻宫, you are destined to be a 第三者 or 小三。all these are pre-determined in your life and will be hard to change. another example is if there is a 将军 in your 事业宫, it means you are a general, or in today's context, CEO or high positioned officer.

i had a fren who knows how to read his own ziwei doushu. he could read that his first marriage will end in divorce, and i think he even knew it is 3rd party fault. but despite this knowledge, eventually he still had a 婚外情 and eventually did divorce. this shows that knowing your destiny and attempting to change it is 2 different matter. it can be done, but alot of will power.

Shanhz
28-12-13, 19:49
general comment, i believe in fengshui as an enhancement of your life. it is not the absolute, but it can help. ziwei is to read your life path.

beyond these, i believe that everyone has a (destined) purpose in life, thus once that "job" is done, he may be "recalled" back.

i also believe in 前世今生, and whatever happens in this life is a reflection of your previous life.

this is not to say i sit back and wait for life to bestow on me what i am supposed to get. but understanding that there are greater powers at play in life, allows you to achieve internal peace and accept things that happen to you. at the same time, i continue to work hard and fight for what i can fight what. what i cannot control, i let go.