PDA

View Full Version : Martin Place Residences (D9, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 [2]

bargain hunter
05-10-11, 21:53
don't anyhow humtum leh. :confused: st. martin's apartments is off tanglin road.

martin place is in river valley.

Just across the road, freehold St Martin's apartments' caveats have been going down, down, down...last transaction at 1474 psf nia...been gradually decreasing all the way...

mantrix
05-10-11, 22:27
don't anyhow humtum leh. :confused: st. martin's apartments is off tanglin road.

martin place is in river valley.

I am talking about St Martin Apartments just across the road....

Not St Martin's lodge

bargain hunter
05-10-11, 23:14
precisely! martin place residences is in river valley while st martin apartments is in tanglin! :)

P.S: this thread is martin place residences, not st. martin residence.

I am talking about St Martin Apartments just across the road....

Not St Martin's lodge

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 12:16
confirmed rocket launching for this project very very soon.

When first enbloced, many competing developers thought this is crazy for the ppsf they paid. Now they should be so jealous.

The owners here are so lucky to have squatted (parked their bums ) here.

According to fengshui, this location shall be alive with the emerging vein right behind this project! Bringing traffic and life to this location. Very very soon, you will see what I mean. Watch the backside of this project and dun ask me what it means. Or, do you think fengshui is rubbish?

Disclaimers:I do not own any unit in this project.

Said this in April 2011. Now you go there, you believe what I said now ? The vien I refered to is the new road connecting Martin Road and Kim Yam.
When Martin 38 is completed Jan 2012, Rivergate will be >$2500, Watermark will be > $2300, Robertson 100 will be >S$2000psf, and Martin Place will touch $3000psf.

Hold tight tight hor, owners of the above projects including myself.

神龙股侠。

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 12:22
Now, it is time I reveal another prediction for owners here:

The great stream shall be alive with great treasures, connecting the mouth of the Dragon to the seven seas !

Again, I will only show you the actual interpretation 6 months later in 2012!

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 12:24
Think I talk cork sing song ? Think Again... LOL

关云神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE!

hopeful
11-10-11, 12:26
Said this in April 2011. Now you go there, you believe what I said now ? The vien I refered to is the new road connecting Martin Road and Kim Yam.
When Martin 38 is completed Jan 2012, Rivergate will be >$2500, Watermark will be > $2300, Robertson 100 will be >S$2000psf, and Martin Place will touch $3000psf.

神龙股侠。
why martin place residences is more expensive than rivergate?
amneties, rivergate is nearer.

Pier at Robertson should reach how much?

only 3 more months to test your prediction.

devilplate
11-10-11, 12:48
Think I talk cork sing song ? Think Again... LOL

关云神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE!

stocks just rebounded abit....also duno whether dead cat bounce anot.....

its a long way for STI to break 3000pts...previous peak at 3300pts leh

ppty px how to chiong so much within 3mths....u cfm TCSS:p

devilplate
11-10-11, 12:49

bcoz brandnew vs 2yo? LOL

Condo Kaiser
11-10-11, 13:27

神龙股侠。

I believe you about Martin Place and condos in vacinity being a gem... but 3000psf by end of year a bit hard... for very high floor studio maybe...

also depends on what happens to enbloc of Pacific Mansion... if they get the price they want.. (2000 psf ppr if i'm not wrong) then probably all condos in that area huat....

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:24

Sigh..brother hopeful ! dun tell me you also kena brainwashed by the Kings' agents ?

Martinplace (MP) smallest unit: 1 bedder approx 600sqft

Rivergate (RG) smallest unit: 2 bedders approx 1000sqft.

So MP-1BR S$3000x600 = S$1.8M
RG-2BR S$2500x1000 = S$2.5M

Now see the difference liao bo ?

also as brother devil pointed out, RG is 2 years old liao la.

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:27
Now, it is time I reveal another prediction for owners here:

The great stream shall be alive with great treasures, connecting the mouth of the Dragon to the seven seas !

Again, I will only show you the actual interpretation 6 months later in 2012!

remember this hor... next month when you see the new price data out for this area har...

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:31
Your humble brother here thinks 1 bedroom in this district should be worth S$1Mil and the living room should be S$0.5Mil and the toilet should be worth S$0.3Mil. So a one bedder should be S$1.8mil without good view. If top floor superb view and near to river, the price should be left to your own imagination and own time own target la...

:scared-4:

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:34
Now, tell me why should u sell a one bedder in this area for less than S$1.8Mil ? When your potential buyers are all businessmen earning big bucks while you are just a working slave to the global G-Sach system ? You should ask for more la. In addition, you took the risks to take up the loans while they waited for the stock markets crashes to scare you to drop your gold bars to them ? Tell me, where is the logic ? Where got everytime the Kingsmen win one, it is time the white collars slaves win liao la this time round.

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:39
Let me tell you what is the greatest fear of the richmen- parking their cash in the bank la...LOL

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:41
The more turbulent the markets, the greater the fear of parking their paper money in the bank la...LOL

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 15:46
Ask Warren, why did he not park his $4 billion in his saving account but instead chose to buy BAC ?

I bet he realise while in his bathtub that the $4billion is doing nothing in his bank la ....

HAHAHA

dtrax
11-10-11, 16:19
pardon me, since you say 1.8mil is the new price benchmark, then why should investors buy based on this value? I might as well buy 1bedder in orchard at this price. Again at what price should rental be to justify $1.8mil? $1.1.2mil for 1 bedder is a norm but to increase to 600k, u seriously need a decade of boom

jwong71
11-10-11, 16:25
Now, tell me why should u sell a one bedder in this area for less than S$1.8Mil ? When your potential buyers are all businessmen earning big bucks while you are just a working slave to the global G-Sach system ? You should ask for more la. In addition, you took the risks to take up the loans while they waited for the stock markets crashes to scare you to drop your gold bars to them ? Tell me, where is the logic ? Where got everytime the Kingsmen win one, it is time the white collars slaves win liao la this time round.

the successful businessmen i seen, go for size.
etc 2000sqft or above, of coz budget is not a issue to them.
seldom bother abt 1 bedder and at 1.8mio???

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 16:52
the successful businessmen i seen, go for size.
etc 2000sqft or above, of coz budget is not a issue to them.
seldom bother abt 1 bedder and at 1.8mio???

those are not businessmen, those are tycoons.

Businessmen: Still have to work, hence the term POOR businessman.

Tycoons: Do nothing, hence the term TAI KOON ( Sleeping ). Only appears during corporate meetings, rest of the time dunno where.

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 16:57
pardon me, since you say 1.8mil is the new price benchmark, then why should investors buy based on this value? I might as well buy 1bedder in orchard at this price. Again at what price should rental be to justify $1.8mil? $1.1.2mil for 1 bedder is a norm but to increase to 600k, u seriously need a decade of boom

I am not talking about investors. I am talking about young Chinese parkers. YCP do not look at prices- they just buy because they want one.

Here's to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8B8ZgTD3As

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmiMskmGiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFW4GeNda40

blackjack21trader
11-10-11, 17:02
And let your humble brother tell you now 3 KEY areas we cannot loose to other cities:

1) EDUCATION
2) MEDICAL
3) LOW CRIME RATE & STABILITY

We must GUARD the above 3 KEYS with all our MIGHT and WILL.

the rest can be duplicated esily with money, but NOT THE ABOVE 3 KEY advantages as seen in the eyes of the YCP.

Dun say I never give you hint first hor...when the time arrives.

hopeful
11-10-11, 17:40
BJ21, the latest caveats for MPR lodged kind of disappointing, so far from $3000psf.
Do you think 1BR in MPR can fetch more than 1BR in The Clift? The Clift 1BR rental like $4000/mth.

lifeline
11-10-11, 17:54
Dear Blackjack21,

I am so happy to see you regain your usual enthusiasm! Can really feel your bubbly happiness and that stamina in your bounce even as you share your pearls of insights with us. Thank you! :) I am sure your portfolio is on the right track!

With your projection of Martin reaching 3000psf, will you advise owners to sell it then? or keep them till a greater high? cos age and the oversupply in 2 years may put a brake to all that, unless population curbs are removed.

Waiting for your valuable advice and insight,
lifeline

dtrax
11-10-11, 17:58
BJ21, the latest caveats for MPR lodged kind of disappointing, so far from $3000psf.
Do you think 1BR in MPR can fetch more than 1BR in The Clift? The Clift 1BR rental like $4000/mth.

YCP are also not stupid, who in the right mind would pay 1.8mil for a studio and we are not talking about large studios, as a matter of fact the psf transaction is very disappointing

hyenergix
11-10-11, 18:02
I am not talking about investors. I am talking about young Chinese parkers. YCP do not look at prices- they just buy because they want one.

Here's to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8B8ZgTD3As

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmiMskmGiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFW4GeNda40

Can you please share where their wealth come from?

Condo Kaiser
11-10-11, 18:50

4k confirm have la... don't even need to be high floor.... just look at the pier and robertson edge....

but even 4k/mth won't support price of 3000psf.... to get that kind of price u need some stupid young rich indo/chinese/indian to really like the view/location and whack the top few floor units... rental has nothing to do with this kind of prices.

shauntanzs
11-10-11, 19:08

Good lah good lah, if mpr 3000psf, then our D1 at least 3500-4000psf hehe :)

RVestor
12-10-11, 10:50
Your humble brother here thinks 1 bedroom in this district should be worth S$1Mil and the living room should be S$0.5Mil and the toilet should be worth S$0.3Mil. So a one bedder should be S$1.8mil without good view. If top floor superb view and near to river, the price should be left to your own imagination and own time own target la...

:scared-4:

What about those 1 bedders near Great World City?

In your opinion, what's the potential?

Thanks

Condo Kaiser
12-10-11, 14:18
What about those 1 bedders near Great World City?

In your opinion, what's the potential?

Thanks

Near GWC don't have many iconic developent with 1 br units....

Tribeca's 1 br already 1.2 mil and up for the low floor zouk facing units. (those come with full west sun as well)

Cosmopolitan/Trillium/Centenniel Suite all 2 br and up....

if you are talking about shanghai road/ nathan road area, all the condos there don't have the wow factors which will attract the young and rich....

RVestor
13-10-11, 12:05
Near GWC don't have many iconic developent with 1 br units....

Tribeca's 1 br already 1.2 mil and up for the low floor zouk facing units. (those come with full west sun as well)

Cosmopolitan/Trillium/Centenniel Suite all 2 br and up....

if you are talking about shanghai road/ nathan road area, all the condos there don't have the wow factors which will attract the young and rich....

Perhaps the new TSL with the new MRT station at Kim Seng will make this area more attractive but still quite far away in 2018. I think announcement should be within 2012.

Condo Kaiser
13-10-11, 15:27
Perhaps the new TSL with the new MRT station at Kim Seng will make this area more attractive but still quite far away in 2018. I think announcement should be within 2012.

Yes... MRT will make it more attractive to investors.. but not the super rich as they all drive.... having a mrt is actually a minus point for some...

my friends staying at nassim complain so much abt the construction of botanical garden mrt....

gn108
13-10-11, 15:32
Awesome...no accounting for snob appeal...
At 200mil upward per station thats saying something.
I would love to be near a MRT station, let alone a interchange station - which of course means that I not rich.

Yes... MRT will make it more attractive to investors.. but not the super rich as they all drive.... having a mrt is actually a minus point for some...

my friends staying at nassim complain so much abt the construction of botanical garden mrt....

hopeful
13-10-11, 17:35

your opinions opposite that of Shawn. according to him, once ERL built, Meyer will shot to $3000.

Now don't know who to believe.:doh:

august
13-10-11, 18:25
i recall residents around the upcoming 6th ave MRT station were interviewed and some were not keen haha
something about other people coming into their area, although the maids would welcome it ~ :p

devilplate
13-10-11, 19:41
i recall residents around the upcoming 6th ave MRT station were interviewed and some were not keen haha
something about other people coming into their area, although the maids would welcome it ~ :p
Those 5min walk away will welcome new mrt....:rolleyes:

amk
13-10-11, 19:57
:confused: nassim not near botanic garden MRT what ? ...
I know ppl around Stevens MRT really complain a lot...

Condo Kaiser
13-10-11, 21:02
Affected if you take Tyersall Avenue to exit onto Bt Timah.

land118
14-10-11, 01:07
Maids' boyfriends as well...:D

RVestor
14-10-11, 17:48
your opinions opposite that of Shawn. according to him, once ERL built, Meyer will shot to $3000.

Now don't know who to believe.:doh:

I hope my one-bedder near GWC will touch $3000psf in 2018 when the MRT station at Kim Seng is ready! :p

Jonathan0503
14-10-11, 18:50
I hope my one-bedder near GWC will touch $3000psf in 2018 when the MRT station at Kim Seng is ready! :p

2018 is still a good 6-7 years away. Think $3K psf should be achievable by then

dmonddd
16-10-11, 09:15
with the new MRT lines coming up...every condo is near MRT

so...no differentiation?

blackjack21trader
22-10-11, 09:35
with the new MRT lines coming up...every condo is near MRT

so...no differentiation?

Dear brother, it is not a matter of MRT or not. In 2000, one old 1200sqft apartment here at $700K can be exchanged for a good condition 2000sqft terrace house in good location in D15.

Today in 2011, the asking price of a lousy landed in the outer fringe of D15 is asking S$1200psf to S$1700psf : example here : http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7616670/for-sale-brand-new-2-storey-corner-terrace-telok-k

Tell me, should MARTIN PLACE and ALL condos here CHIONG to S$3000psf come 2012 OR NOT ?

:doh:

DaytonaSS
22-10-11, 09:42
Yes yes yes pls chong!!! Pls remove SSD so it can chong faster

Jonathan0503
22-10-11, 11:14
I'm hoping for it to chiong around this area too, hehe...

devilplate
22-10-11, 17:54
Tell me, should MARTIN PLACE and ALL condos here CHIONG to S$3000psf come 2012 OR NOT ?

wait till all orchard road condos hit 4kpsf first :D :D :tongue3:

dmonddd
22-10-11, 23:09
Dear brother, it is not a matter of MRT or not. In 2000, one old 1200sqft apartment here at $700K can be exchanged for a good condition 2000sqft terrace house in good location in D15.

Today in 2011, the asking price of a lousy landed in the outer fringe of D15 is asking S$1200psf to S$1700psf : example here : http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7616670/for-sale-brand-new-2-storey-corner-terrace-telok-k

:doh: am comparing apple with apple ....D9, 10,11 are different leagues

anyway, my friend sees that the demand will move out of D9,10,11 given MRT everywhere. a lot of foreigners prefer staying further because of savings for tough times

dmonddd
22-10-11, 23:12
Yes yes yes pls chong!!! Pls remove SSD so it can chong faster

doubt it will happen..removing SSD will defeat the purpose of land release

DaytonaSS
23-10-11, 01:57
am comparing apple with apple ....D9, 10,11 are different leagues

anyway, my friend sees that the demand will move out of D9,10,11 given MRT everywhere. a lot of foreigners prefer staying further because of savings for tough times

like that OCR huat liao lor. but if really got this trend then 9,10,11 really worth it, cos not so crowded. Small island but squeeze so many pple.

MRT shares can collect! sure huat

Jonathan0503
23-10-11, 11:51
am comparing apple with apple ....D9, 10,11 are different leagues

During tough times, if CCR good location landlords willing to lower rental, I'm sure demand will still be there

devilplate
23-10-11, 12:36
During tough times, if CCR good location landlords willing to lower rental, I'm sure demand will still be there
Nid to compare in terms of yield? U willing to lower down to wat kind of yield since ccr now only 3%

Condo Kaiser
23-10-11, 15:01
Nid to compare in terms of yield? U willing to lower down to wat kind of yield since ccr now only 3%

It's dog eat dog world... If economy not doing well, CCR lower to 2% yield... What will happen to OCR yield?

Assuming survivor of the fittest, CCR properties are definitely the strongest... We have to ignore the strength of the owner. Equally likely that owner of properties all over the island to be over committed.

Martin place studios probably can rent for 4k at least at this market. 1 year later.. assume economy still very weak.. can only command 2k... owner still can still hold on to it.. every month top up little bit...

but for OCR studios... now can rent 3k.... if economy still in shits.. how many people able to rent it out for 1.5k next time if robertson area only renting for 2k....

it's all about relative value... not just abt yield...

DC33_2008
23-10-11, 16:01
Older CCR which is fully paid up and bought many years ago will still enjoy good yield even lower rental. It is the new CCRs that will suffer. It also boils down to owners' pocket.
It's dog eat dog world... If economy not doing well, CCR lower to 2% yield... What will happen to OCR yield?

Assuming survivor of the fittest, CCR properties are definitely the strongest... We have to ignore the strength of the owner. Equally likely that owner of properties all over the island to be over committed.

Martin place studios probably can rent for 4k at least at this market. 1 year later.. assume economy still very weak.. can only command 2k... owner still can still hold on to it.. every month top up little bit...

but for OCR studios... now can rent 3k.... if economy still in shits.. how many people able to rent it out for 1.5k next time if robertson area only renting for 2k....

Jonathan0503
23-10-11, 16:22

Yes, holding power is also important. Size and quantum of property also play a part.

devilplate
23-10-11, 16:51

Its about yield la no matter how u argue.....rental and quantum comes tgt....so only make sense to tok abt yield

A 550k ocr 1bdr nid to fetch how much to get 3% yield?

Tink about it

rattydrama
23-10-11, 21:57

will have more martin's brothers and sisters and less landed coming 2012-14. :D :D

Wild Falcon
24-10-11, 11:04
OCR yields have always exceeded CCR yields.

Rental yields = (rental-maintenance)/Capital Value

OCR yields is approx 3.5 - 5%. CCR yields has been hovering between 2.5% thereabouts. Even if CCR yields drop to 1%, OCR yields would still be higher than that.

Remember, u must look at how much you invest, i.e. your capital vs your returns. Surely if I put in $2 million, I would expect greater absolute returns that had I only invested $500k? Or better still, if I could split the $500k over 4 properties OCR which will clearly give better yields?

Of course rental yields is not everything. But in a market where capital values is very near the peak (except for areas with new developments or new transport links which might still hv capital upside), its about time people look at real fundamentals and sustainable cash flows and not depend on speculative demand from foreigners.

lifeline
24-10-11, 11:29

OCR yields is approx 3.5 - 5%. CCR yields has been hovering between 2.5% thereabouts. Even if CCR yields drop to 1%, OCR yields would still be higher than that.

Remember, u must look at how much you invest, i.e. your capital vs your returns. Surely if I put in $2 million, I would expect greater absolute returns that had I only invested $500k? Or better still, if I could split the $500k over 4 properties OCR which will clearly give better yields?

Of course rental yields is not everything. But in a market where capital values is very near the peak (except for areas with new developments or new transport links which might still hv capital upside), its about time people look at real fundamentals and sustainable cash flows and not depend on speculative demand from foreigners.

also depends on how you calculate the yields based on the property purchase price then, or transacted price now.

for my friend's in this project, his yield based on :
a. purchase price then = 3.9%
b. cash-on-cash returns = 13.0% (excl interest, etc) cos LTV 70% then
c. latest transacted price = 3.4%

is this considered good?

devilplate
24-10-11, 11:53
also depends on how you calculate the yields based on the property purchase price then, or transacted price now.

for my friend's in this project, his yield based on :
a. purchase price then = 3.9%
b. cash-on-cash returns = 13.0% (excl interest, etc) cos LTV 70% then
c. latest transacted price = 3.4%

is this considered good?

if its CCR, FH and non-MM, den consider so-so....

if its MM, den its no-no

lifeline
24-10-11, 11:55
if its CCR, FH and non-MM, den consider so-so....

if its MM, den its no-no

wah devilplate, so free like me...
anyway my friend is satisfied.

amk
24-10-11, 15:12

yield cannot be considered only by itself in isolation.

in Asian context, the main wealth generated from property are from capital appreciation, not from yield !

GCBs had one of the poorest yields here. But ppl made the most out of it.

Also, comparing the yield of a 500k pty against a 5M pty is simply not equitable. One does not invest in 10 500k OCRs if he wants to invest 5M in pty.

You can continue singing OCR yield is better and such. Sure it is. But when your size gets bigger, you will start to realize you have other factors to consider. Yield is just one factor, not the only factor

devilplate
24-10-11, 15:48

in Asian context, the main wealth generated from property are from capital appreciation, not from yield !

Also, comparing the yield of a 500k pty against a 5M pty is simply not equitable. One does not invest in 10 500k OCRs if he wants to invest 5M in pty.

You can continue singing OCR yield is better and such. Sure it is. But when your size gets bigger, you will start to realize you have other factors to consider. Yield is just one factor, not the only factor
Out of point oredi.....refer to original discussion:D

hopeful
24-10-11, 15:57
Out of point oredi.....refer to original discussion:D

confused, what is the original discussion again??:D

flxcat
25-10-11, 21:14
I didnt think much about the fittings, but if compared to my current place at the sail, my layman's feel like that its far better. just commissioned a design firm

and no i am not a gal!

Nice pics u have.
After looking at the pics, can't help to find resemble with Soleil. But of course better location, FH, miele vs taka for the appliances.
Nice nice

teddybear
25-10-11, 23:46
Wah back to same old topic and grandma story all over again? Didn't I mention before that there was once that RCR Hillview area rental can get S$1200 pm for a 3 Bedders already laughing because many other got nobody to rent? Low yield is better than ZERO yield (or negative yield because rent out lose more money after deducting taxes & maintenance)! When rental is the same, for sure CCR got fill up first, then RCR, then OCR. Ops! Landlords buying OCR looking for rental sure faint if RCR already no takers! :scared-1:
Many are just too young to know what had happened before. Many acting "heros" or singing "this time will be different" will ultimately find that there is no different, just like Wall Street and stock market has been the same for past >100 years. Same thing will repeat again again, except over longer or shorter duration but many will soon commit the same mistake all over again and lose their trousers chasing after that hot "fades" & cheap stocks (cheap bcause they are cheap in absolute price)!. Look at that Netflix! Ops! 1 day drops >35% !!! Mind you, it is a S&P500 stock with a market cap of >US$6b even after dropping 35% !!! :doh:

devilplate
25-10-11, 23:51
Wah back to same old topic and grandma story all over again? Didn't I mention before that there was once that RCR Hillview area rental can get S$1200 pm for a 3 Bedders already laughing because many other got nobody to rent? Low yield is better than ZERO yield (or negative yield because rent out lose more money after deducting taxes & maintenance)! When rental is the same, for sure CCR got fill up first, then RCR, then OCR. Ops! Landlords buying OCR looking for rental sure faint if RCR already no takers! :scared-1:
Many are just too young to know what had happened before. Many acting "heros" or singing "this time will be different" will ultimately find that there is no difficult, just like Wall Street and stock market has been the same for past >100 years. Same thing will repeat again again, except over longer or shorter duration but many will soon commit the same mistake all over again and lose their trousers chasing after that hot "fades". Look at that Netflix! Ops! 1 day drops >35% !!! :doh:

East side ocr rental always there....those near to changiz biz park

During worse time 2003-2005, 2bdr there still can fetch 1.5k

DaytonaSS
29-10-11, 22:15
Visited this new development today. Many agent on the lobby area. I must say this is a quality development. Visited a 10th floor unit. Nice layout, great facing also.

Good Choice master 3rd eye BJ21T

Wild Falcon
30-10-11, 12:07
You are completely out of point. Nobody says yield is the only consideration.

But in an increasing mature market where capital upside is limited, yields become increasingly important.

And also many of us here are investors - so we look at yields and potential capital upside and we diversify. I believe a few of you here are still looking at primary residence - as can be seen by the need to near good schools and make wife and children happy and be seen as "prestigious" location. Some of us are investors which I hv tried to explain many times.

Nobody is denying weath is created from capital values in the past. But we are talking about the future. Do you think at today's entry price, so much value can be created from capital values?

amk
30-10-11, 12:58
You are the one that's completely wrong.

When ppl are buying primarily for residence, and hence prefer CCR and close to town and school, for both capital preservation and convenience, you blast them with " what's big deal about near town and good school" etc.

When ppl are buying primarily for investment, and also prefer CCR for long term capital appreciation even though the yield might be lower at times, but is a quality asset which has a floor at down market, you blast them again with " OCR yields better" and "you are only buying for primary residence".

Do you know your second argument already indirectly rebuts your first argument ?

You do not want to admit, but it's clear your only criteria in pty investment is yield. So if you have 5m equity, you will do 10 OCRs is that correct ?

In my last post I tried to be polite and just implied that most ppl here do not have the capacity to play with 5m, so it's impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion on investment in CCR. You went further and start labeling ppl investing in CCR as "primary residences only" ? You are incredibly narrow minded. There are quite a few ppl here with multiple investments in both CCR , RCR and quality OCRs (like D15 trying to profit from all the NRIs) etc.

devilplate
30-10-11, 14:13
Most part of d15 is rcr:D

Yield vy impt to me so as capital appreciation

Yield must b above 4% and got gd capital appreciation den BUY:D

DC33_2008
30-10-11, 17:38
Have used rental yield to pay up substantial amount of the property loan to redeem title deeds in the past. Now, rental yield is much lower. Capital appreciation is the main return of investment. Rental yield is to help to service loan but not so much for capital repayment.

amk
30-10-11, 20:03
Yield must b above 4% and got gd capital appreciation den BUY:D

Yea sure , every one will come and buy, case closed ;)

The fact is, you can only observe the yield at time of entry, you cannot observe capital appreciation. You can only guess. This is the most difficult aspect when picking ur investment pty. It's so easy to be blinded by the fantastic yield at market up time (like now), while ignoring the fundamentals, which will come into picture when market is down. And continue singing th high yield song. Best example is HDB. Thanks to policy mismanagement of the past, HDB rental yield is very high now. But this does not make it a long term appreciating asset to be kept. All these 700k or 800k HDBs have very little upside going forward.

In pty investment, capital gain is the key.

devilplate
30-10-11, 20:18

The fact is, you can only observe the yield at time of entry, you cannot observe capital appreciation. You can only guess. This is the most difficult aspect when picking ur investment pty. It's so easy to be blinded by the fantastic yield at market up time (like now), while ignoring the fundamentals, which will come into picture when market is down. And continue singing th high yield song. Best example is HDB. Thanks to policy mismanagement of the past, HDB rental yield is very high now. But this does not make it a long term appreciating asset to be kept. All these 700k or 800k HDBs have very little upside going forward.

Shdnt bring hdb into the pic

Anyway if yield is low...it can also means the px is overvalued.....

So die die must b above 4% yield and den tok abt potential cap gain

Can tell me plenty of stories blah blah but current yield only 3%, no tks:p

sh
30-10-11, 20:48
Shdnt bring hdb into the pic

Anyway if yield is low...it can also means the px is overvalued.....

So die die must b above 4% yield and den tok abt potential cap gain

Can tell me plenty of stories blah blah but current yield only 3%, no tks:p

I agree. Yield is my 1st test of whether a property is overpriced....

but I have additional requirement of it being FH.

LH running out of time will give excellent yield.

Yield is here and now.... capital appreciation is faraway.

dtrax
30-10-11, 21:06
Yup, yield is the first test.

Sample property question:

Which properties are overpriced?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384574_10150354619322568_568502567_8445321_1091539499_n.jpg

Ans: everything all overpriced

sh
30-10-11, 21:11
agreed... it's getting harder to find:(

newbie11
31-10-11, 08:58
I still like icon and city lights. In fact icon recently sold at 1350psf for
2nd flr

devilplate
31-10-11, 09:47
I still like icon and city lights. In fact icon recently sold at 1350psf for
2nd flr

WAH!!! serious??!?!?!

which size is tat?? how come i din noe about it?!?! i will gladly pay 1400psf if its a 1bdr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :banghead:

recent tx a low flr 2bdr at 1371psf(who is tat lucky fellow):D

dtrax
31-10-11, 10:41
#02 -17 - 84sqm

devilplate
31-10-11, 10:46
#02 -17 - 84sqm

how u guys know when its not even caveated:ashamed1:

anyway the market so bad ar....1350psf for 2nd flr 2bdr is like recession firesale:scared-1:

i tink basic is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Falcon
31-10-11, 10:47
Sometimes some of you amuse me.

I'm merely saying the yields may not be attractive for this investment. I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government. I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS. I've already said numerous times, in a market where capital values is close to the peak, yields become increasingly important. It may not be important to you, but it may be important to some of us here. Before I came into this forum, few people even mention the word "yield". Most of the discussion is about PRC anyhow buy at any price.

And don't be so sensitive. Nobody is attacking any of your property. Some people have to live within certain boundaries and limitations. Some people keep their options open. Obviously if there is Icon at 1300psf as stated by someone above, I will consider as well. And there is no such thing as only CCR can give long term capital returns.

And for primary residence, once I start a family, I would prefer cluster housing with >3000psf. For a low price of only $2 million plus, u can get one at D19 or D16 with huge space. And you give your family so much space and u can hv a dogs which makes a family complete. In my mind, there is no need to be in a swanky district. Different strokes for different folks. There is no right or wrong.

And some of us want to retire young leh. Obviously its better if I see my cash flows coming in every month so that I can spend mah. It's important to me, at least.

You are the one that's completely wrong.

When ppl are buying primarily for residence, and hence prefer CCR and close to town and school, for both capital preservation and convenience, you blast them with " what's big deal about near town and good school" etc.

When ppl are buying primarily for investment, and also prefer CCR for long term capital appreciation even though the yield might be lower at times, but is a quality asset which has a floor at down market, you blast them again with " OCR yields better" and "you are only buying for primary residence".

Do you know your second argument already indirectly rebuts your first argument ?

You do not want to admit, but it's clear your only criteria in pty investment is yield. So if you have 5m equity, you will do 10 OCRs is that correct ?

In my last post I tried to be polite and just implied that most ppl here do not have the capacity to play with 5m, so it's impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion on investment in CCR. You went further and start labeling ppl investing in CCR as "primary residences only" ? You are incredibly narrow minded. There are quite a few ppl here with multiple investments in both CCR , RCR and quality OCRs (like D15 trying to profit from all the NRIs) etc.

devilplate
31-10-11, 10:55
just to add: there r ppl who invest multiple small units too....bullman is super rich and smtime buy multiple 1bdrs

newbie11
31-10-11, 11:09
how u guys know when its not even caveated:ashamed1:

anyway the market so bad ar....1350psf for 2nd flr 2bdr is like recession firesale:scared-1:

i tink basic is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caveat already la. U chk in ura website. But I don't know if it's a loft 1br or 2br. I know someone paid 1750psf for 8/9 flr 2br few weeks ago. 1350 gd rite! I also want!!! Cfm gd yield. Devil sure happy. Met his 1st criteria

dtrax
31-10-11, 11:11
Let's not jump to conclusion too quickly, I usually consider this as outliner. 1 transaction in a sea of av 1.7-1.8k psf mean nothing. It could be a unit sold to their son/daughter or relative etc.. I know my friend just got married and his mom sold her telok blangah heights to his son at way below valuation.

Afterall, first owner still earn a cool 700k after holding for 8yrs, not bad if factor in rental

ICON 10 Gopeng Street #02-17 1 84 Strata 1,240,000 14762 1371 29-SEP-2011 Apartment 99 Yrs From 29/01/2002 2007 Resale Private 02 07 078878 Central Region Downtown Core
ICON 10 Gopeng Street #02-17 1 84 Strata 542,333 6456 600 30-JUL-2003 Apartment 99 Yrs From 29/01/2002 Uncompleted New Sale Private 02 07 078878 Central Region Downtown Core

dtrax
31-10-11, 11:12
Caveat already la. U chk in ura website. But I don't know if it's a loft 1br or 2br. I know someone paid 1750psf for 8/9 flr 2br few weeks ago. 1350 gd rite! I also want!!! Cfm gd yield. Devil sure happy. Met his 1st criteria

even if firesale, you wun even see it on classified ads. This one no brainer, agent dun even need to do any work... buyer go agent house give cheque and he juz sit there collect comm

amk
31-10-11, 11:45
I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government.

nobody is obsessed with boundaries. I'm merely pointing out the misplaced faith in yield when market is high. The potential downside when market is down must not be overlooked.

I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS.

This is where we disagree fundamentally. I do not invest in pty just for cash flows. There are other vehicle for such purpose, because pty rental is not a guaranteed coupon. When market is down your yield vanishes. For me the stronger factor is capital preservation and long term appreciation. The yield needs not be fantastic to be a good buy. Just need to be normal. 3% yield at an interest rate environment of 1% is good enough.

devilplate
31-10-11, 12:28
nobody is obsessed with boundaries. I'm merely pointing out the misplaced faith in yield when market is high. The potential downside when market is down must not be overlooked.

This is where we disagree fundamentally. I do not invest in pty just for cash flows. There are other vehicle for such purpose, because pty rental is not a guaranteed coupon. When market is down your yield vanishes. For me the stronger factor is capital preservation and long term appreciation. The yield needs not be fantastic to be a good buy. Just need to be normal. 3% yield at an interest rate environment of 1% is good enough.
Bro, r u sure normal yield only 3%:confused:

amk
31-10-11, 14:03
Bro, r u sure normal yield only 3%:confused:

this is the prevailing yield right now in CCR normal units. why ?

devilplate
31-10-11, 14:08
this is the prevailing yield right now in CCR normal units. why ?

to me 4% is normal:2cents:

mabe tats y ccr ppty px been stagnant for a while?

proudowner's fren regretted buying 1devonshire

dtrax
31-10-11, 14:09
well you obviously havent seen the top 30 condos rental yield, but here it is again:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384574_10150354619322568_568502567_8445321_1091539499_n.jpg

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 14:14
Devilplate bought units long time ago. Rental yield is obviously is relatively higher.
well you obviously havent seen the top 30 condos rental yield, but here it is again:

amk
31-10-11, 14:17
to me 4% is normal:2cents:

mabe tats y ccr ppty px been stagnant for a while?

proudowner's fren regretted buying 1devonshire

ccr stagnant not really because of rent. it's sentiment. after CM4 u know practically all resale large quantum transactions stopped.

1devon now traded > 2k psf what ? why regret :confused: ? just like this martin place (sorry finally back to topic), now at least > 1900 psf, compared with 15xx cost, ok what , no ?

devilplate
31-10-11, 14:21
ccr stagnant not really because of rent. it's sentiment. after CM4 u know practically all resale large quantum transactions stopped.

1devon now traded > 2k psf what ? why regret :confused: ? just like this martin place (sorry finally back to topic), now at least > 1900 psf, compared with 15xx cost, ok what , no ?

1dev launched 1.8 to 2kpsf wor...

dtrax
31-10-11, 14:32
1Dev should be 2.4k psf now~ selling price

Jonathan0503
31-10-11, 15:08
1dev launched 1.8 to 2kpsf wor...

So high meh? Which year was that?

devilplate
31-10-11, 15:15
So high meh? Which year was that?

late 09

actually launch px was quite high indeed

Jonathan0503
31-10-11, 17:11
late 09

actually launch px was quite high indeed

Maybe $1.8 - 2K psf is for the high floor good facing units?

dtrax
31-10-11, 17:17
Maybe $1.8 - 2K psf is for the high floor good facing units?

You have to know how allgreen market their units, they never sell the units in phases.. they micro manage their sales very carefully, sell abit up abit sell abit up more, same goes with skysuites @ anson.
As those units on low floor, very cheap psf are taken up by allgreen staff/director and ex-owners, and top flr with gd views are also snapped up, you are left with the half baked units.. high flr yes >15flrs but blocked view, essentially paying premium for high flr no views

teddybear
31-10-11, 17:26
Ai yoh, yield high means risk higher mah.
Buying property to earn 4% yield only and price stuck almost forever or even negative after adjusting for inflation? Might as well buy Russia Ruble bond at >11% yield! (give you some tips - others interested can also buy, but watch your risk hor!) :rolleyes:

Sometimes some of you amuse me.

I'm merely saying the yields may not be attractive for this investment. I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government. I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS. I've already said numerous times, in a market where capital values is close to the peak, yields become increasingly important. It may not be important to you, but it may be important to some of us here. Before I came into this forum, few people even mention the word "yield". Most of the discussion is about PRC anyhow buy at any price.

And don't be so sensitive. Nobody is attacking any of your property. Some people have to live within certain boundaries and limitations. Some people keep their options open. Obviously if there is Icon at 1300psf as stated by someone above, I will consider as well. And there is no such thing as only CCR can give long term capital returns.

And for primary residence, once I start a family, I would prefer cluster housing with >3000psf. For a low price of only $2 million plus, u can get one at D19 or D16 with huge space. And you give your family so much space and u can hv a dogs which makes a family complete. In my mind, there is no need to be in a swanky district. Different strokes for different folks. There is no right or wrong.

And some of us want to retire young leh. Obviously its better if I see my cash flows coming in every month so that I can spend mah. It's important to me, at least.

ahkongkid
31-10-11, 18:09
perhaps you guys should confine general discussions to non-specific condo threads.

People interested in MPR would be sifting through minefields of non-related info. :beats-me-man:

dtrax
31-10-11, 18:12
perhaps you guys should confine general discussions to non-specific condo threads.

People interested in MPR would be sifting through minefields of non-related info. :beats-me-man:

haha yah paiseh... tend to get excited and might go off-topic. Its sad that this forum is still largely non-moderated and that's why you can see another lame thread on this forum with so many pages of crap :doh: :doh:

hopeful
31-10-11, 19:46

not that many people interested in MPR though.

hopeful
31-10-11, 19:47

Dtrax, your 2011q3 data seems to be different from the URA website.
If download their pdf, the pier and vida median rental above 7psf already.

dtrax
31-10-11, 19:58
Ya i did do a compare and it seems different. My data is taken from ura realis.

bargain hunter
01-11-11, 00:02
ura realis = must pay = better/more accurate?

pdf on ura website = free = overstated to deceive public? LOL! :D

Ya i did do a compare and it seems different. My data is taken from ura realis.

hopeful
01-11-11, 01:34
ura realis = must pay = better/more accurate?

pdf on ura website = free = overstated to deceive public? LOL! :D

what if DC33's tenant check Realis, and realise that is lower than the free data shown by DC33. Would DC33 revise the rental?? :D

dtrax
01-11-11, 01:53
what if DC33's tenant check Realis, and realise that is lower than the free data shown by DC33. Would DC33 revise the rental?? :D

LOL :) Maybe I will donate the difference to charity every month!

dtrax
01-11-11, 01:56
But I curious leh, how come never see clift rental yet?

devilplate
01-11-11, 02:02
But I curious leh, how come never see clift rental yet?

i aso vy curious

i received smses stating 1 bdr at clift selling wif tenancy of 4.5k and 4.8k......how they manage to get such high rental......i only get 4k:mad:

hopeful
01-11-11, 02:33
i aso vy curious

i received smses stating 1 bdr at clift selling wif tenancy of 4.5k and 4.8k......how they manage to get such high rental......i only get 4k:mad:

how much they selling for? can get more than 4.5% yield with 4.5k-4.8k?
or do basically they jack up the selling price such that yield is 4%.

dtrax
01-11-11, 02:35
i aso vy curious

wah so much difference, you got check tenanted till when? I remember you rented out quite fast right? I tot usually the more the supply comes in the lower the rental unless units are larger

devilplate
01-11-11, 09:04
how much they selling for? can get more than 4.5% yield with 4.5k-4.8k?
or do basically they jack up the selling price such that yield is 4%.

selling for 2300psf

teddybear
04-11-11, 18:28
HDB rental yield super high now! Many are singing never sell their HDB flats! Think many already forgotten that there was once a whole 5rm flat can be had for $1k pm and still difficult to find tenants! There was a time when HDB resale flats' prices were flat for consecutive 8+ years with no upside appreciation. There was a time when HDB interest is 2.6% for many many years while private banks loan rate << 2.6% (happen now again). Things move in cycle, we will get there in next few years! :scared-1:

hopeful
23-11-11, 12:02
been to Martin Place Residence.
The moment I go to the balcony and see the pool, wow. Not the usual mini pool. Owners probably can dive into the pool safely from their low floor units.

And then WTF, the beautiful landscaping can also be enjoyed by surrounding condos. :doh:
After that realization, spoil my day. Funny how some people is.

august
23-11-11, 13:03
The moment I go to the balcony and see the pool, wow. Not the usual mini pool. Owners probably can dive into the pool safely from their low floor units.

And then WTF, the beautiful landscaping can also be enjoyed by surrounding condos. :doh:

Means the landscaping is shared and not enclosed??

bargain hunter
12-12-11, 23:39
martin place so snobbish?

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201112021505-294794.html

Jonathan0503
13-12-11, 07:49

Rudiculous.

Should have known the environment before you even purchase it.

teddybear
13-12-11, 15:14
Martin Place Residence?

本地新闻 Local News
日期:02/12/2011新闻来源:新明日报记者:叶炜娴摄影:曾美玲
公寓居民投诉居士林太吵闹 竟要当局拆除60年老庙

居士林遭新公寓居民投诉,嫌它太吵闹、信徒车辆阻碍交通,欲向当局投诉,将超过60年老庙宇拆除。

有网民在面簿上留言表示,一间超过60年的庙宇附近刚有公寓落成,遭到居民投诉。

“有些‘新居民’有脸去投诉给当局,说因为庙宇太多信徒,导致在佳节时交通阻塞,因此要求将庙宇拆除,我真的快昏倒了。”

《新明日报》探悉,这家庙宇就是本地著名的居士林,附近新建公寓刚落成不到一年时间,住户近来才陆续搬入,仅2个多月时间,就有居民不能容忍嘈杂的声音,以及不满信徒们把车子停放在车道两旁,导致交通严重阻塞,欲向当局投诉,希望能够要求拆除居士林。

有网民将此事放上网,引发广泛讨论,网民严厉谴责公寓居民的说法。

面簿上与论坛上纷纷谴责,认为投诉的居民非常自我为中心。网民直指,如果受不了烟雾和嘈杂声,就不要购买庙宇附近的房子。

完整报道,请翻阅02.12.2011《新明日报》。

hyenergix
13-12-11, 15:52
Nowadays people worship money.

eminor82
13-12-11, 16:31
maybe most of the buyers r rich Chinese so they might hav brought some of their snobbishness here too.. haha we shld cook some curry for them to get used to the Singapore smell.

bargain hunter
13-12-11, 16:53
who else? :D

Martin Place Residence?

本地新闻 Local News
日期:02/12/2011新闻来源:新明日报记者:叶炜娴摄影:曾美玲
公寓居民投诉居士林太吵闹 竟要当局拆除60年老庙

居士林遭新公寓居民投诉,嫌它太吵闹、信徒车辆阻碍交通,欲向当局投诉,将超过60年老庙宇拆除。

有网民在面簿上留言表示,一间超过60年的庙宇附近刚有公寓落成,遭到居民投诉。

“有些‘新居民’有脸去投诉给当局,说因为庙宇太多信徒,导致在佳节时交通阻塞,因此要求将庙宇拆除,我真的快昏倒了。”

《新明日报》探悉,这家庙宇就是本地著名的居士林,附近新建公寓刚落成不到一年时间,住户近来才陆续搬入,仅2个多月时间,就有居民不能容忍嘈杂的声音,以及不满信徒们把车子停放在车道两旁,导致交通严重阻塞,欲向当局投诉,希望能够要求拆除居士林。

有网民将此事放上网,引发广泛讨论,网民严厉谴责公寓居民的说法。

面簿上与论坛上纷纷谴责,认为投诉的居民非常自我为中心。网民直指,如果受不了烟雾和嘈杂声,就不要购买庙宇附近的房子。

完整报道,请翻阅02.12.2011《新明日报》。

rattydrama
13-12-11, 16:58
these people for waiting to get cheap cheap isit?

:cool:

sh
13-12-11, 17:43
No lah. The temple is there first, should tear down the condo for causing disturbance. :D

PN
13-12-11, 20:32
Cannot tahan the noise? Simple lah.

Sell cheap cheap at 50% discount and move somewhere else loh. :D

kane
14-12-11, 07:53
That will be a fantastic fire sale, at 50% discount.

eng81157
14-12-11, 08:47
No lah. The temple is there first, should tear down the condo for causing disturbance. :D

if mrt track causes noise and disturbance, condo owners can request that it be demolished?? :eek:

DKSG
27-01-12, 00:25
if mrt track causes noise and disturbance, condo owners can request that it be demolished?? :eek:

More disturbance!

Some AngMo jump down from Martin Place right into the pool and mati 2 days before CNY ! (someone posted that in another thread).

Any agents or residents there can confirm ?
Wah! Those units of the same stack how now ? Everyday look into the pool at the spot where it happened ?!

Now they can really appreciate that next door got temple lo!

But AngMo and temple, dont know can work or not.

DKSG
27-01-12, 00:27

Hopeful ! You jialat liao! Now people think u gave the AngMo that idea ... of jumping!

fiat500
27-01-12, 06:25
either that or all mpr tenants or owners staying there convert to taoism so as to live in ha

fiat500
27-01-12, 06:30
either that or all mpr tenants or owners staying there convert to taoism so as to live in harmony..Lol

EBD
27-01-12, 06:56
More disturbance!

Some AngMo jump down from Martin Place right into the pool and mati 2 days before CNY ! (someone posted that in another thread).

Wah! Those units of the same stack how now ? Everyday look into the pool at the spot where it happened ?!

I don't know if it was a man or woman, local or expat but my maid could see the body and police arrive. She couldn't sleep for a couple of days......

hopeful
27-01-12, 08:27
More disturbance!

hopefully it is a corporate lease. Owner of that unit can still claim rental from company until the company can exercise diplomatic clause.

just imagine, if personal lease, owner really jialat. cannot claim partial refund of 1 month rental fee from agent. also unit is sealed for police investigation....

i personally think owner is really a terrible landlord until the tenant has to jump to get out of the lease.

hopeful
27-01-12, 08:34
More disturbance!

there's a problem with staying near places of worship.
The place of worship itself is impassable to the spirits, so people within are safe.
However we dont know how far the circle of protection extends. so the spirits being frustated at being unable to enter, take out their frustations on the people staying near the places of worship but outside the circle of protection.

stalingrad
27-01-12, 08:39
The place of worship itself is impassable to the spirits, so people within are safe.
However we dont know how far the circle of protection extends. so the spirits being frustated at being unable to enter, take out their frustations on the people staying near the places of worship but outside the circle of protection.

haha, I have not laughed so hard for a while. It is really funny to hear such superstitious beliefs this day and age.

azeoprop
27-01-12, 08:53
So got firesales here liao? :D

ahkongkid
27-01-12, 12:10
hopefully it is a corporate lease. Owner of that unit can still claim rental from company until the company can exercise diplomatic clause.

just imagine, if personal lease, owner really jialat. cannot claim partial refund of 1 month rental fee from agent. also unit is sealed for police investigation....

i personally think owner is really a terrible landlord until the tenant has to jump to get out of the lease.

Wow what is the story on this case? EBD can shed some light?

rattydrama
27-01-12, 12:14
More disturbance!

anyone know which stack and unit?

stalingrad
27-01-12, 12:46

must be a high floor unit. probably a penthouse. Caucasians like penthouses.

mantrix
27-01-12, 13:44
must be a high floor unit. probably a penthouse. Caucasians like penthouses.

Penthouse too high to be within circle of spiritual protection :D

SPLAT :scared-4:

taggy
27-01-12, 13:51

owner can makan 2 mth deposit in this case ? :eek:

EBD
27-01-12, 15:40

Maybe I ask my wife to go kaypoh with the security guard.
But my boy pointed to the corner nearest River Valley & the temple (swimming pool side).

The design of this building is that even lowest floor is already about 7th floor of most condo's. On stilts like the cosmopolitan.

My friends place just a few months ago on St Thomas walk had similar incident @ Grange Heights.

..... wonder what is going on. People clumsy or really that down :beats-me-man:

hopeful
27-01-12, 16:28
owner can makan 2 mth deposit in this case ? :eek:

if studio unit & sole occupant, wait until payment due date. of course payment will be late since he is dead. then we can start charging interest for late payment. 2 weeks not paid, send lawyer warning letter. if no response, then can cancel the lease. have to follow the terms of TA ok.

hopeful
27-01-12, 16:34
But my boy pointed to the corner nearest River Valley & the temple (swimming pool side).....

if what you say is true, i must say that temple devotees' faith are not strong, hence the circle of protection is rather small.
I would say the temple is crowded because of the free food offered and not because of their devotion.:doh:

jwong71
27-01-12, 18:20

kena retrench??

yjcai
27-01-12, 20:00
Why MPR. Jump Rivergate better. Any firesale?

maisonjai
27-01-12, 20:57
kena retrench??
kateh die pain pain ??:confused:

maisonjai
27-01-12, 21:01
i heard this before, someone once told me in chinese "cross road of yin yang".

DKSG
28-01-12, 08:55
if studio unit & sole occupant, wait until payment due date. of course payment will be late since he is dead. then we can start charging interest for late payment. 2 weeks not paid, send lawyer warning letter. if no response, then can cancel the lease. have to follow the terms of TA ok.
Hopeful - I think you need help leh!
This is one human life that is perished in our country. All you can think of is how to collect rental, how to rent out the unit again, and all these. I hope(ful) before you posted those comments u did say some prayers for the poor AngMo.

And to the other guy (yjcai) who ask people to jump down from other buildings --> are you still human or not ? In order for you to depress the price of the condo you want to buy, you decide that if one two (or a few people) die is ok ?

Dear all : I hope we can all take a few moment to reflect with your heart and soul, have people all lost their souls ? One group decide that a 60 year old temple where thousands of people worship shld be torn down to reduce disturbance to their property, One group decides that a few people jumping off buildings will be good to lower property prices, and worst of all, one group thinks that if people want to jump, they better go another building to jump ?

I will say a prayer for whoever who thinks like that.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool (and sane!)

DKSG
28-01-12, 08:57
But my boy pointed to the corner nearest River Valley & the temple (swimming pool side).

The design of this building is that even lowest floor is already about 7th floor of most condo's. On stilts like the cosmopolitan.

My friends place just a few months ago on St Thomas walk had similar incident @ Grange Heights.

..... wonder what is going on. People clumsy or really that down :beats-me-man:

EDB : If there is a chance, do send our condolescences.

stalingrad
28-01-12, 09:27
This is one human life that is perished in our country. All you can think of is how to collect rental, how to rent out the unit again, and all these. I hope(ful) before you posted those comments u did say some prayers for the poor AngMo.

And to the other guy (yjcai) who ask people to jump down from other buildings --> are you still human or not ? In order for you to depress the price of the condo you want to buy, you decide that if one two (or a few people) die is ok ?

Dear all : I hope we can all take a few moment to reflect with your heart and soul, have people all lost their souls ? One group decide that a 60 year old temple where thousands of people worship shld be torn down to reduce disturbance to their property, One group decides that a few people jumping off buildings will be good to lower property prices, and worst of all, one group thinks that if people want to jump, they better go another building to jump ?

I will say a prayer for whoever who thinks like that.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool (and sane!)

a very good commentary on the quality of CCR owners as human beings. I have always question whether these people are humans or not. all they worry about is their property values.

DKSG
28-01-12, 10:13
a very good commentary on the quality of CCR owners as human beings. I have always question whether these people are humans or not. all they worry about is their property values.

Worry about one's property values is still ok.
These people are beyond that!
The kind of GREED and ENVY that has possessed them to the extent that they wish for death and other bad things to happen in order for them to profit from it - unthinkable.

Earn Money, Lost Soul ?
Or worse, Haven Earned Money, already lost soul!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

yjcai
28-01-12, 13:57
What I detest is the irresponsible behavior of small grps ang mohs (stereotyping). If want to suicide go far far away (if no superstition involved), why cause inconvenience to people. I will check on asking appropiate questions at the correct time.

stalingrad
28-01-12, 15:33
What I detest is the irresponsible behavior of small grps ang mohs (stereotyping). If want to suicide go far far away (if no superstition involved), why cause inconvenience to people. I will check on asking appropiate questions at the correct time.
you must understand when and where people will commit suicide is mostly beyond their control. Suicide is mostly a rash act, committed by people who have lost control of themselves.

that is why insurance companies will pay for the loss of life due to suicide if it is committed more than one year after the contract date.

the deceased in this case obviously was traumatized by some event that he had not anticipated and he lost control. He did not mean to hurt the owner or the neighbors financially.

Have a heart.

hopeful
29-01-12, 07:52
This is one human life that is perished in our country. All you can think of is how to collect rental, how to rent out the unit again, and all these. I hope(ful) before you posted those comments u did say some prayers for the poor AngMo..........
actually i do need help le. :D
i take mortgage from banks to speculate in property.

if condo left empty, mortgage payment keep on running.
if tenant late for payment, mortgage payment keep on running. if i pay late because tenant pay late, i kena charge late payment penalty.
if tenant died of unnatural cause, unit is sealed, cannot rent further, mortgage payment keep on running.
more difficulty in finding next tenant, and if find, lower rental, leading to more difficulty in making the next mortgage payment.

why banks cannot understand if late payment because of tenant's fault?

teddybear
29-01-12, 10:09
Yah lor, just like some don't know whether moral human being or not expect Duchess Residences to drop to same price or even lower than Crapbelle? How can that be since Duchess Residences launch at about $1800 psf and Crapbelle at $500 psf? If really happen then many Duchess Residences owners will have to start jumping from the top floor of Crapbelle?
Some mass market private property owners just basically want to swap their OCR to CCR private property at same price or even cheaper price with no regards for human life value! :scared-2::p

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:17
you must understand when and where people will commit suicide is mostly beyond their control. Suicide is mostly a rash act, committed by people who have lost control of themselves.

that is why insurance companies will pay for the loss of life due to suicide if it is committed more than one year after the contract date.

the deceased in this case obviously was traumatized by some event that he had not anticipated and he lost control. He did not mean to hurt the owner or the neighbors financially.

Have a heart.

will you feel the same if the deceased is a non-angmor(from china particularly)?

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:18
why banks cannot understand if late payment because of tenant's fault?

what happens if landlord cannot find a tenant?

stalingrad
29-01-12, 10:59
will you feel the same if the deceased is a non-angmor(from china particularly)?

Of course I would. I treasure all human lives.

I actually like Asians more than I like caucasians. Just ask my wife, who is a Singaporean born Chinese.

hopeful
29-01-12, 11:04
what happens if landlord cannot find a tenant?

mortgage payment continues la. banks so heartless.
so "pai dan" to be landlord now, at mercy of banks and tenants. landlord jump if pressured by banks and/or tenants.

hope that DKSG can pray for me, now or in my afterlife also ok.

hopeful
29-01-12, 11:05

I actually like Asians more than I like caucasians. Just ask my wife, who is a Singaporean born Chinese.

slight correction:
I actually like Asian women more than I like caucasian women. :)

Rosy
29-01-12, 11:08

Great to hear that. Have a nice day.

Arcachon
29-01-12, 13:09
slight correction:
I actually like Asian women more than I like caucasian women. :)

I like caucasian women more than Asian women . They are more independent, still remember doing my training with the US Army the caucasian women do what the caucasian men is doing with no discount. They even do guard duty at night.:scared-4:

The grass is always greener on the other side.

richie$$$
29-01-12, 17:41
asking d wrong chap a non asian

D guy probably drank 2 much. 2 days b4 CNY is Fri/Sat
thot he's superman or girlfriend fed up with him beating her every night he gets drunk n moved him out d balcony

richie$$$
29-01-12, 17:42
I like caucasian women more than Asian women . They are more independent, still remember doing my training with the US Army the caucasian women do what the caucasian men is doing with no discount. They even do guard duty at night.:scared-4:

yeah rite n let u hv girlfriends n equally she can hv boyfriends

stalingrad
29-01-12, 17:45

but caucasians women blow up like balloons at a certain age. I mean they literally blow up like blow fish. Asian women tend to be less of a blow fish.

richie$$$
29-01-12, 18:00
Omg. It's d heart that matters

4 best n worst times even she blows up or I blow up

Now we hv all those idiotic Asian ladies thkg that they r great when married to caucasian. Now is the east. Chinese able 2 shop at LV buying a row of bags

Condo Kaiser
30-01-12, 09:34
Any realiable source that can verify this incident in MPR? I can't seem to find it in any newpaper or websites apart from this forum?

Simply saying your maid or kid saw it is not good enough for me.

bargain hunter
30-01-12, 09:52
so many suicide cases happen in sg which goes unreported. why should this be any different?

Any realiable source that can verify this incident in MPR? I can't seem to find it in any newpaper or websites apart from this forum?

hopeful
30-01-12, 10:38
from http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/reference/yos11/statsT-demography.pdf
number of suicides.
2000 348
2005 405
2006 419
2007 374
2008 364
2009 401
2010 353

did the MSM reported that many cases?

bargain hunter
30-01-12, 11:58
that would require them to report on average 1 suicide case a day.

from http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/reference/yos11/statsT-demography.pdf
number of suicides.
2000 348
2005 405
2006 419
2007 374
2008 364
2009 401
2010 353

did the MSM reported that many cases?

EBD
30-01-12, 12:11

Well good for you then..... didn't realise I owed you anything at all.
Try calling up the managing agent, police or ambulance service if this is not good enough for your standard. No one will stop you.

jeez.... just share info get this kind of comment.

bargain hunter
30-01-12, 12:20
you can ignore the comment. thanks for sharing. this is a forum, that's what its for. :)

Try calling up the managing agent, police or ambulance service if this is not good enough for your standard. No one will stop you.

DKSG
30-01-12, 12:51

I agree with EBD. People come here to share information.

The Kaiser guy - You think u CID? But I want you to declare whether you are an owner in MPR trying to musk out information to protect your interest ?

Kudos to EBD - thanks to your kids, maids, and all those who give u info.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

hopeful
30-01-12, 13:46

wait for more suicide cases in MPR swimming pool, then every time it happened, it will be reported in the news.
One suicide at a place is random happening.
two suicides coincidence
three suicides then......

Are you still interested to purchase 1br MPR?

stalingrad
30-01-12, 13:56
wait for more suicide cases in MPR swimming pool, then every time it happened, it will be reported in the news.
two suicides coincidence

don't do anything rash, hopeful. We all love you. It is stupid to do anything drastic just because you lose money by holding CCR properties. life is precious.

same message to teddybear.

teddybear
30-01-12, 15:03
No no no. We are very cool, waiting for 50% crash in CCR (if it ever happen)! Tell us, what you are expecting so that we can buy ahead of you? :D

don't do anything rash, hopeful. We all love you. It is stupid to do anything drastic just because you lose money by holding CCR properties. life is precious.

CCR
30-01-12, 15:11

Why did you come to the conclusion that those who hold CCR properties are losing money?

stalingrad
30-01-12, 15:46
Why did you come to the conclusion that those who hold CCR properties are losing money?

because they kept talking about suicide.

Condo Kaiser
30-01-12, 16:39
two suicides coincidence

Lol.. i am still looking to buy 1br at MPR leh... but not at current prices... As I have said before, I am not looking to buy anything at current prices but if i buy it will be CCR.

If suicide is real then i will use it to my advantage in bargaining which is why i wanted to confirm the source.

Usually this kind of suicide/unatural death which occurs in an unusual manner (naked women in sentosa cove mansion / ang moh jumping off from unit into pool and dies etc) will be reported in a highly elaborated manner in the chinese tabloids with many speculation and follow up stories. I checked my mother's papers for the past few weeks but cannot find leh... if a women dying in the middle of the night in a secluded mansion can get discoverd, surely the newsman will snoop out this story right?

Anyway like many have said, this is a forum so i'm here to discuss. not to talk up or down any projects... no need to get so defensive when someone questions your comment, i apologies if you find my tone offensive in the previous post. Take a deep breathe and you will realise it was just a harmless question.

bargain hunter
30-01-12, 18:24
thanks for clarification. your tone did sound offensive to EBD though I m not vested. :ashamed1:

anyway, i think normally tabloids will pick out mis adventures like if the guy wanted to jump into the pool for fun/on a dare (as per a previous case from a rooftop restn). but for some reason, suicide is usually not widely covered.

Lol.. i am still looking to buy 1br at MPR leh... but not at current prices... As I have said before, I am not looking to buy anything at current prices but if i buy it will be CCR.

If suicide is real then i will use it to my advantage in bargaining which is why i wanted to confirm the source.

Usually this kind of suicide/unatural death which occurs in an unusual manner (naked women in sentosa cove mansion / ang moh jumping off from unit into pool and dies etc) will be reported in a highly elaborated manner in the chinese tabloids with many speculation and follow up stories. I checked my mother's papers for the past few weeks but cannot find leh... if a women dying in the middle of the night in a secluded mansion can get discoverd, surely the newsman will snoop out this story right?

Anyway like many have said, this is a forum so i'm here to discuss. not to talk up or down any projects... no need to get so defensive when someone questions your comment, i apologies if you find my tone offensive in the previous post. Take a deep breathe and you will realise it was just a harmless question.

CCR
31-01-12, 10:57
because they kept talking about suicide.

What do you mean? The guy who jump down holds CCR properties and its going down hence he jump? or suicide happens in MPR hence it means all CCR properties owners losing money?

allenng
09-04-12, 10:18
Do you think it is still advisable to buy Martin Place now at this price?
i am looking for own stay.
2Bedroom

Rosy
09-04-12, 10:43
Do you think it is still advisable to buy Martin Place now at this price?
i am looking for own stay.
2Bedroom

Generally, it is not advisable to upgrade during a seemingly peak market. On the other hand, downgrade is a viable option.

roly8
09-04-12, 11:13
anyone know the mthly maintenance fee for 2br?

Khng8
09-04-12, 19:58
anyone know the mthly maintenance fee for 2br?
$280+GST I think

roly8
09-04-12, 21:09
ok ..thanks alot

starrynight
18-03-13, 09:18
Viewed MPR as part of my "research all the big D9 developments" project this past weekend.

Comments:
a. before viewing the unit, I simply could not fathom why MPR commands a significant premium pricing relative to the other condos
b. condo facilities only so-so
c. ground floor entrance, lobby, pool, etc. are only above average
d. BUT the layout (I saw Stack 08) and quality of the units are impressive! Miele fittings, nice marble, proper timber flooring, and good facing units.
e. need to be careful about the empty plot of land (supposedly belongs to HDB) just to the south. Lower / mid floor units might get obstructed. Starlight Suites is still being built, and as far as I can see, the floors which are still being constructed at SS come up to around 25 or 26 floor of MPR (SS has 35 stories, but is on lower ground by maybe 5 or 6 floors?).
f. launch price for the 2-bedder high floor units was around $16xx psf
g. agent claims that price just before TOP in 2011 was only around $1900 for the mid floor units - dunno if true
h. maintenance for 2-bedder is $380 a month

The unit looks much nicer in real life than in the photos, but for what it's worth:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8567363850_b584419cc3_z.jpg

Recessed parts of the pool for making out / private functions
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8089/8567362784_eccf80a5c5_z.jpg

Lift lobby (and my agent playing soccer with a little kid... heh):
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8566264957_db1a256dda_z.jpg

Sky terrace facilities. Not as nice as Citylights, with the jaccuzis
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8567357722_3daabc0b42_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8566260303_5f65d1f2bc_z.jpg

starrynight
18-03-13, 09:20
Amazing views. The photos do not do the panorama justice

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8370/8566264469_239a6367a3_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8567361044_c885b0333e_c.jpg

starrynight
18-03-13, 09:22
2 angles of the living room

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8567359100_1966b3569b_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8235/8567358238_68dea5c67b_z.jpg

Master bedroom
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8523/8566262967_d921aa240a_z.jpg

Master bathroom - nice quality fittings, and open concept
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8567359446_1902ba9845_z.jpg

Kitchen
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8567358616_da3923a88f_z.jpg

minority
18-03-13, 10:01
its a nice project. during the launch mid floor 2 bedder was going for $1400-1500psf.

value
18-03-13, 10:39
Hi starrynight, thanks for sharing the nice photos. The unit you viewed must be a very high floor one. Can you advise above which level then won't be block by Oleanas?

starrynight
18-03-13, 10:49
Hi, I don't know for sure, but the unit I viewed was low 30s floor, so from the photo I have, my best guess is that 23rd or 24th floor onwards should not be obstructed by Oleanas?

Hi starrynight, thanks for sharing the nice photos. The unit you viewed must be a very high floor one. Can you advise above which level then won't be block by Oleanas?

value
18-03-13, 11:12
Hi, I don't know for sure, but the unit I viewed was low 30s floor, so from the photo I have, my best guess is that 23rd or 24th floor onwards should not be obstructed by Oleanas?

Thanks! MPR looks really nice, but the asking price is always so high...

starrynight
18-03-13, 11:46
Buy Rivergate lah - cheaper, and I personally think its overall value proposition is better than MPR :)

p/s: I'm vested in Rivergate

Thanks! MPR looks really nice, but the asking price is always so high...

value
18-03-13, 12:00
Buy Rivergate lah - cheaper, and I personally think its overall value proposition is better than MPR :)

p/s: I'm vested in Rivergate

I think so too. Saw your earlier posts on Rivergate. Congrats on your purchase! :) For me, I still need to overcome the mental hurdle of paying ABSD

DKSG
19-03-13, 12:55

Only the last few (say 4-5) floors of MPR is worth considering. But of course cannot come with too much a premium.

I viewed some units 20+- floors. Even if not blocked by Oleanas, the view just over the top of the Oleanas is really bad with point and short angles pointing into the unit. And the land size is small too!

MPR was also one of my consideration before settling for RiverGate.

DKSG

phantom_opera
03-05-13, 16:11
price flat at 2400psf

2013-04-22 #XX-XX 646 2,400psf 2011-03-28 1,850 355,300 756 13.4

teddybear
03-05-13, 20:21
No more news of the suicide case?

price flat at 2400psf

2013-04-22 #XX-XX 646 2,400psf 2011-03-28 1,850 355,300 756 13.4

DKSG
03-05-13, 21:48
No more news of the suicide case?

I think people got over the suicide case already.

Now the focus seems to be the decaying cash sitting in bank accounts - rotting.

Prices is likely to inch up to $2.5k sometime this year...

DKSG

kane
03-05-13, 23:35
Was there a suicide case at MPR?

azeoprop
04-05-13, 00:01
More disturbance!

Happened before CNY last year. :(

DKSG
04-05-13, 10:51
Happened before CNY last year. :(

But from my observations so far, the death has no effect on the pricing.

RIP Mr Ang Mo.

DKSG

minority
04-05-13, 12:53
But from my observations so far, the death has no effect on the pricing.

RIP Mr Ang Mo.

DKSG

Mostly new tenant no 1 say no 1 know.

mcmlxxvi
04-05-13, 14:42
mpr is passe. now sail is in vogue for such aspirations

starrynight
19-10-13, 04:52
Recent caveat:

2013-10-04 2 Martin Place #15-05 1,163 2,108 2,450,000
2009-06-10 2 Martin Place #15-05 1,163 1,406 1,634,000

minority