PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

pang
03-08-09, 22:14
Hi,

I personally feel that the kitchen WC is too small? Anyone here has plan to
convert it to other use?

It's better to write in early before they start to build your unit.:D
For my previous apt, my neighbour requested the developer to convert the kitchen WC into a wet kitchen without additional cost. By the time we sent in our request, our level already built up and to re-configure the kitchen, we need to top up additional cash.

noblebaby
03-08-09, 22:25
can convert into a place to put washing machine...

Hi,

I personally feel that the kitchen WC is too small? Anyone here has plan to
convert it to other use?

kEN9170
03-08-09, 23:11
yes...that's what my friend did to his Grosvenor view condo. He asked the contractor to remove the toilet bowl and put his washing machine there. He also fixed some nice storage shelves.

BUT the removed toilet bowl is now sitting inside his Home Shelter. :D
Just in case if he sell his apt, the buyer may want him to fix it back.

can convert into a place to put washing machine...

princessmum
03-08-09, 23:16
Just curious, if we do away with the WC in the kitchen, will they still lay the toilet tiles or will it be the kitchen tiles?

Also they will not fix the door and sink ? OR must we instruct them exactly what we want them to do?

Last question, the PUB bill takes into account the number of WCs we have per unit. Any difference if it is removed at developer stage or by ourselves?

proud owner
03-08-09, 23:22
yes...that's what my friend did to his Grosvenor view condo. He asked the contractor to remove the toilet bowl and put his washing machine there. He also fixed some nice storage shelves.

BUT the removed toilet bowl is now sitting inside his Home Shelter. :D
Just in case if he sell his apt, the buyer may want him to fix it back.

that must be a old condo ?

cos i think for new condo ..they dont allow electrical appliances in the toilet ..

make sure you check before you do it .. i think most contractor would advise against it ..

kEN9170
03-08-09, 23:36
Shld be almost the same time as Starville...abt 3 years old.

that must be a old condo ?

cos i think for new condo ..they dont allow electrical appliances in the toilet ..

make sure you check before you do it .. i think most contractor would advise against it ..

kEN9170
03-08-09, 23:40
For my friend's case, the developer sticked to the toilet tiles...the sink still there.

For my previous apt, the developer laid the same tiles as kitchen. Nicer.

PUB will still takes into the account of the WC.

Just curious, if we do away with the WC in the kitchen, will they still lay the toilet tiles or will it be the kitchen tiles?

Also they will not fix the door and sink ? OR must we instruct them exactly what we want them to do?

Last question, the PUB bill takes into account the number of WCs we have per unit. Any difference if it is removed at developer stage or by ourselves?

driftwave
04-08-09, 00:46
Bro, I think u got it partially correct....here's the reply from HDB which i email them a couple of mths back....but since then the $58k has taken effect.....

We refer to your email below.
We understand that you and your spouse have purchased a HDB flat with both of your CPF savings and wish to purchase a private property.
Please note that the use of your CPF savings for this second property will be impacted by the Multiple Property (MP) rule. Under this rule, if you already own a property bought with your CPF savings and wish to buy a second/subsequent property, from 1 July 2006, you will only be able to do so after setting aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum in your CPF accounts individually. This sum can be set aside with your savings in the Ordinary Account (OA) and Special Account (SA), including amounts withdrawn under the CPF Investment Scheme-SA.
For your information, the prevailing Minimum Sum is $106,000 and half the prevailing Minimum Sum is $53,000. The amount of OA savings available for use towards the second/subsequent property would be the net amount of OA savings in excess of half the prevailing Minimum Sum. Please note that the Minimum Sum changes in July each year. Your withdrawals for the second/subsequent property will be stopped at any time if you are unable to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum.
Please note that the total CPF withdrawals for the second property will be capped at the Valuation Limit (VL) for properties with at least 60 years of lease. The VL refers to the lower of the property purchase price and the market valuation price at the time of purchase.
If you and your spouse intend to sell your current HDB flat, we will give you a grace period of six months to sell your HDB flat. During this period, both of you can use the full available balance in your CPF Ordinary Accounts for your new property. Both of you do not need to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum. Once the grace period is up, both of you should either own only one property, or satisfy half the prevailing Minimum Sum requirement if both of you own more than one property. If half the prevailing Minimum Sum requirement is not met, the Board will stop further withdrawals for the second property.
The grace period is given as follows:
(i) If you are buying a completed property - both of you will be given a grace period of six months from the completion of your purchase of your private property to sell off your current HDB flat; or
(ii) If you are buying a property still under construction - both of you will be given a grace period of 6 months from the issuance of Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) of the private property to sell off your current HDB flat
After both of you have sold your current HDB flat, both of you may use the monies refunded to your CPF accounts towards the housing payments of your new private property.
If you and your spouse decided not to sell your HDB flat and both of you are able to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum at a later stage, please instruct your lawyers to inform the Board of your intention and the Multiple Property rule will apply to your second property.
If you and your spouse intend to apply to use both of your CPF savings towards the new property, please instruct your solicitors to submit the online application form, RPS/1A to the Board for processing.
Do note that we will release the CPF savings only on completion of all legal documention, and after you have paid the 5% cash payment. Further, you would need to settle the cash difference between the purchase price and your CPF lumpsum and the loan first.

Please call us at 1800 227 1188 if you need any clarifications or email us at [email protected].

yes, for those who hold more than 1 property... In order to use the CPF OA to pay for the second property, minimum sum in the OA must b $60k... Even the first property has been fully paid... Second property is always treated as investment....

you also need a minimum sum in the OA if you want to use the fund to invest in stock or unit trust....

noblebaby
04-08-09, 07:51
ken, you also removed the WC at the kitchen for your apt?

If really want to do, will remove the door n wall n make it like an open space. So kitchen will look bigger

For my friend's case, the developer sticked to the toilet tiles...the sink still there.

For my previous apt, the developer laid the same tiles as kitchen. Nicer.

PUB will still takes into the account of the WC.

lyrix
04-08-09, 08:33
Thanks everyone.

Thanks driftwave for the detailed information.

Bro, I think u got it partially correct....here's the reply from HDB which i email them a couple of mths back....but since then the $58k has taken effect.....

We refer to your email below.
We understand that you and your spouse have purchased a HDB flat with both of your CPF savings and wish to purchase a private property.
Please note that the use of your CPF savings for this second property will be impacted by the Multiple Property (MP) rule. Under this rule, if you already own a property bought with your CPF savings and wish to buy a second/subsequent property, from 1 July 2006, you will only be able to do so after setting aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum in your CPF accounts individually. This sum can be set aside with your savings in the Ordinary Account (OA) and Special Account (SA), including amounts withdrawn under the CPF Investment Scheme-SA.
For your information, the prevailing Minimum Sum is $106,000 and half the prevailing Minimum Sum is $53,000. The amount of OA savings available for use towards the second/subsequent property would be the net amount of OA savings in excess of half the prevailing Minimum Sum. Please note that the Minimum Sum changes in July each year. Your withdrawals for the second/subsequent property will be stopped at any time if you are unable to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum.
Please note that the total CPF withdrawals for the second property will be capped at the Valuation Limit (VL) for properties with at least 60 years of lease. The VL refers to the lower of the property purchase price and the market valuation price at the time of purchase.
If you and your spouse intend to sell your current HDB flat, we will give you a grace period of six months to sell your HDB flat. During this period, both of you can use the full available balance in your CPF Ordinary Accounts for your new property. Both of you do not need to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum. Once the grace period is up, both of you should either own only one property, or satisfy half the prevailing Minimum Sum requirement if both of you own more than one property. If half the prevailing Minimum Sum requirement is not met, the Board will stop further withdrawals for the second property.
The grace period is given as follows:
(i) If you are buying a completed property - both of you will be given a grace period of six months from the completion of your purchase of your private property to sell off your current HDB flat; or
(ii) If you are buying a property still under construction - both of you will be given a grace period of 6 months from the issuance of Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) of the private property to sell off your current HDB flat
After both of you have sold your current HDB flat, both of you may use the monies refunded to your CPF accounts towards the housing payments of your new private property.
If you and your spouse decided not to sell your HDB flat and both of you are able to set aside half the prevailing Minimum Sum at a later stage, please instruct your lawyers to inform the Board of your intention and the Multiple Property rule will apply to your second property.
If you and your spouse intend to apply to use both of your CPF savings towards the new property, please instruct your solicitors to submit the online application form, RPS/1A to the Board for processing.
Do note that we will release the CPF savings only on completion of all legal documention, and after you have paid the 5% cash payment. Further, you would need to settle the cash difference between the purchase price and your CPF lumpsum and the loan first.

Please call us at 1800 227 1188 if you need any clarifications or email us at [email protected].

kEN9170
04-08-09, 10:52
have not decided yet. Quite tempting to convert it to a storage area so i can use HS as my domestic helper room.

ken, you also removed the WC at the kitchen for your apt?

If really want to do, will remove the door n wall n make it like an open space. So kitchen will look bigger

noblebaby
04-08-09, 11:05
I meant your previous apt, not WFW... did you remove the WC in the kitchen?

what is domestic helper room??? :confused:

have not decided yet. Quite tempting to convert it to a storage area so i can use HS as my domestic helper room.

driftwave
04-08-09, 11:20
alamak...he put it very nicely....in short its maid room....;)

kEN9170
04-08-09, 11:26
Oh...previous one..i did not remove..coz need to top up a few thousands to tear down the wall.

If i convert the WC to storage area, than i can use the HS as a maid (dosmetic helper) room.

I have an idea to shift the kitchen wash basin to the kitchen baywindow. This way, i can free up the current space for other electrical appliances such as rice cooker, hot water flask, etc. Not sure if feasible.:beats-me-man:

Douk
04-08-09, 11:39
Thought that part of the $60K can be pledged by your 1st property that paid through CPF? :beats-me-man:

already factor in. min sum should be 120k, half of it pledged using 1st property, so is 60k.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 11:43
do you think you will be short of washroom, if every one want to "pang-sxx" at the same time, including your maid?!?! :p

i also want to place the washing machine in there... but if i hav a maid next time, then no place for her to "pang"... so my the other half not agree... :ashamed1:

my kitchen is smaller... the bay window there i will level it up, and build a storage place there... on the top, i can use it as a place to prepare food...

Since I dont hav a dry kitchen, now I dont know where to put my coffee machine and mini wine cellar... planning to put an aquarium also... no place ler.... :doh:

Oh...previous one..i did not remove..coz need to top up a few thousands to tear down the wall.

If i convert the WC to storage area, than i can use the HS as a maid (dosmetic helper) room.

I have an idea to shift the kitchen wash basin to the kitchen baywindow. This way, i can free up the current space for other electrical appliances such as rice cooker, hot water flask, etc. Not sure if feasible.:beats-me-man:

driftwave
04-08-09, 13:30
I think we can start a reno thread soon....if can form a group buy tat b fantastic....

wow....sounds like ur hse a lot of people?...but i dun think everyone so chun to LS at the same time rite? hahaha....my "Domestic Helper" always constipate :beats-me-man: ....for me, i can live with 2 toilets...hahaha....

do you think you will be short of washroom, if every one want to "pang-sxx" at the same time, including your maid?!?! :p

i also want to place the washing machine in there... but if i hav a maid next time, then no place for her to "pang"... so my the other half not agree... :ashamed1:

my kitchen is smaller... the bay window there i will level it up, and build a storage place there... on the top, i can use it as a place to prepare food...

Since I dont hav a dry kitchen, now I dont know where to put my coffee machine and mini wine cellar... planning to put an aquarium also... no place ler.... :doh:

driftwave
04-08-09, 13:33
wow...sounds like u going to overhaul the whole kitchen.....so are u going to write in for such changes or wait till the renovation? I have a very long kitchen....was considering of converting half of it to dry kitchen but it may end up b a big overhaul....still pondering....:confused:

kEN9170
04-08-09, 14:06
me still pondering too.:confused:

wow...sounds like u going to overhaul the whole kitchen.....so are u going to write in for such changes or wait till the renovation? I have a very long kitchen....was considering of converting half of it to dry kitchen but it may end up b a big overhaul....still pondering....:confused:

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:36
Oooo, thought you already opt-in for dry kitchen??

me still pondering too.:confused:

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:41
i think no hot water supply to the kitchen basin right...!?!

Any one has experince to install hot water supply to the kitchen, coz it's good during dishes washing n helps kill bacteria... :D

driftwave
04-08-09, 14:42
*sigh* i got no option for it....think will consider tearing down during the reno phase....

venus
04-08-09, 14:43

Any one has experince to install hot water supply to the kitchen, coz it's good during dishes washing n helps kill bacteria... :D

Should have hot water supply to kitchen...it's a std feature for all condos.

kEN9170
04-08-09, 14:46
Yes i have already paid for my dry kitchen.
Me pondering whether to shift the water basin to the bay window.

driftwave
04-08-09, 14:47
not that u can't but have to redo some of the piping work and depend where the water heater are located....for condo, most of the piping are concealed so redo some piping may be difficult if not exposed....i did up my whole hse except for the kitchen as it needs to run 2 pipes halfway out to my living room as the heater is in the common bathroom....

driftwave
04-08-09, 14:48
u sure? to kitchen sink?

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:50
me too... no dry kitchen... dont know how to modify since the area for kitchen is not big...

*sigh* i got no option for it....think will consider tearing down during the reno phase....

Douk
04-08-09, 14:50
there are more toilets at the clubhouse and swimming pool. :D

I think we can start a reno thread soon....if can form a group buy tat b fantastic....

wow....sounds like ur hse a lot of people?...but i dun think everyone so chun to LS at the same time rite? hahaha....my "Domestic Helper" always constipate :beats-me-man: ....for me, i can live with 2 toilets...hahaha....

driftwave
04-08-09, 14:52
aiyoh......i dun want to b the 1st to kena yellow card from the mgmt!!! noti noti to suggest tat.....:doh:

there are more toilets at the clubhouse and swimming pool. :D

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:52
errrr... don't think it is a standard... WFW nop... Optima got meh?!?!

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:53
why yellow card? canot use club house toilet?

aiyoh......i dun want to b the 1st to kena yellow card from the mgmt!!! noti noti to suggest tat.....:doh:

noblebaby
04-08-09, 14:55
ooo... so troblesome... maybe put a standalone mini heater under the kitchen sink...

not that u can't but have to redo some of the piping work and depend where the water heater are located....for condo, most of the piping are concealed so redo some piping may be difficult if not exposed....i did up my whole hse except for the kitchen as it needs to run 2 pipes halfway out to my living room as the heater is in the common bathroom....

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:01
From S&P

Water Heater
Gas hot water supply to all Bathrooms except Kitchen and WC.

venus
04-08-09, 15:07
From S&P

Water Heater
Gas hot water supply to all Bathrooms except Kitchen and WC.

Huh? really don't hv? This is not very centrepointhomes style leh. my present plc is by centrepointhomes and i hv hot water supply to kitchen sink but not WC. even last time my old condo by small time developer also hv leh. u mean nowadays developers cut corners until like that ah? hmm...lemme go and read my optima specs.

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:10
but u have a shoe rack at the DB rite? for me, if i wana do it....hv to ask the ID to see if its costly and feasible or not....

me too... no dry kitchen... dont know how to modify since the area for kitchen is not big...

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:12
can....but if always do it...ppl will think its abuse...whahaha...save water save $$$.....

why yellow card? canot use club house toilet?

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:13
my previous apt also dun hv leh:beats-me-man:
but ok with me as we seldom cook at home.....
taboa most of the time at Blk 85 market.....they have many good food there...

Huh? really don't hv? This is not very centrepointhomes style leh. my present plc is by centrepointhomes and i hv hot water supply to kitchen sink but not WC. even last time my old condo by small time developer also hv leh. u mean nowadays developers cut corners until like that ah? hmm...lemme go and read my optima specs.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:13
Yes, got a shoe rack, but dunno how big is it... got female in the house... how big also not enough :p

but u have a shoe rack at the DB rite? for me, if i wana do it....hv to ask the ID to see if its costly and feasible or not....

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:16
u can consider getting a dishwasher instead....comes with hot water....:P

ooo... so troblesome... maybe put a standalone mini heater under the kitchen sink...

kEN9170
it will also translate to higher maintenance fee next time..:D
i have one super rich colleague...stay in high end condo.....will take a dip in the pool, bath in clubhouse before heading back to her apt. :doh:

Now i know why she is so rich.....hahahah

can....but if always do it...ppl will think its abuse...whahaha...save water save $$$.....

noblebaby
ken, shoe rack in your unit quite big!

venus
04-08-09, 15:17

Just chk the WFW brochure...really dun hv. anyway not necessary lah. I also nvr use hot water to wash dishes.

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:19
cud b because of gas heater?....for older development using electric heater, I think can install a few....my friend's condo got 2 water heater tank and both happen to break down at the same time....both concealed swee swee....nice.....but have to rip apart to replace new ones....*sigh*..

noblebaby
you guys in the office now?? how come can check S&P and brochure so easily... :D

Just chk the WFW brochure...really dun hv. anyway not necessary lah. I also nvr use hot water to wash dishes.

kEN9170
That's true!
The best is they can always complain no shoe to wear in front of a row of xx pair of shoes.

Yes, got a shoe rack, but dunno how big is it... got female in the house... how big also not enough :p

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:20
no wonder u use the Bedok park and reservoir park so often....hv to run off the extra calories from B85 mkt...hahaha....count me in next time ok? I join u....:P

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:21
Yes i find it big but not my other half...:(

ken, shoe rack in your unit quite big!

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:21
haha, i wished to... but no place to put so many thing in the kitchen... :scared-2:

u can consider getting a dishwasher instead....comes with hot water....:P

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:23
at least u have something....i hv to install one...current home customised type....damn huge....wonder how to squeeze into the new home...like u say...how big also not enough....siao liao....

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:24
when there is a will, there is a way...wahahhaa...

you guys in the office now?? how come can check S&P and brochure so easily... :D

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:25
the shoe rack goes up until the top right?!? as the one displayed in the showflat, quite big liao...

now i wish i have a dry kitchen... :scared-2:

Yes i find it big but not my other half...:(

kEN9170
You will probably need a dryer too..or maybe get a 2-in-1 type.
Our yard is not those open concept type...not so nice to hang our laundry in balcony too...anyway we are not allow to...haha

haha, i wished to... but no place to put so many thing in the kitchen... :scared-2:

driftwave
sounds familiar..:doh: ..hahahaha

That's true!
The best is they can always complain no shoe to wear in front of a row of xx pair of shoes.

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:27
Yes..full height shoe rack.

driftwave, your layout "B4" dont have shoe rack?

the shoe rack goes up until the top right?!? as the one displayed in the showflat, quite big liao...

now i wish i have a dry kitchen... :scared-2:

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:29
yah....kena expose tat time....see where to hide?......whahahaha....
use yes....but dun abuse....anyway i prefer home toilet more than public toilet...hahaha....

it will also translate to higher maintenance fee next time..:D
i have one super rich colleague...stay in high end condo.....will take a dip in the pool, bath in clubhouse before heading back to her apt. :doh:

Now i know why she is so rich.....hahahah

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:30
me too....go for 2 in 1 liao....

You will probably need a dryer too..or maybe get a 2-in-1 type.
Our yard is not those open concept type...not so nice to hang our laundry in balcony too...anyway we are not allow to...haha

venus
04-08-09, 15:30
cud b because of gas heater?....for older development using electric heater, I think can install a few....my friend's condo got 2 water heater tank and both happen to break down at the same time....both concealed swee swee....nice.....but have to rip apart to replace new ones....*sigh*..

My other old which should be 10yo by now was also gas heater. Concealed swee swee is nice...but wait till there is leakage :) that's what happened to my present when we 1st moved in. It was leaking from one the pipes and damaged my false ceiling in the bathroom.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:33
2 in 1 good or not??? think consump lots of energy right?!?!

canot hang at the balcony?!?! saw many condo with small "flag" hanging... :scared-4:

me too....go for 2 in 1 liao....

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:34
nope B4 does not have it as well....but have plenty of space to install one huge one....except have to pay from own pocket....:(

Yes..full height shoe rack.

driftwave, your layout "B4" dont have shoe rack?

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:37
beside 咸蛋螃蟹... what good food to recommend??? :cheers1:

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:38
Separate will be better..for 2-in-1...if u bot a 7kg washer, your dryer is only able to take up half the wash load - 3.5kg.

Maybe technology has improved.

ya..some MC dont allow you to hang your colourful "flag" so openly....

canot hang at the balcony?!?! saw many condo with small "flag" hanging... :scared-4:

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:39
:p :p :p :p :p

yes please...come join my running club.....
I'm started a running club at my RC.

Recommend you guys one good 咸蛋螃蟹at Blk 144 Tampines Street 12 #01-400 - Hong Kong Street Jia Kee Coffee House.

Their XO 螃蟹 claypot beehoon also super shiok...

Yummy Yummy....

driftwave
04-08-09, 15:39
but i guess can hang or cannot...sure got ppl do it one lah....as long as dun over do it, i guess the mgmt won't make a big fuss out of it....I saw some retractable type, can swing out abit out of the window....my unit have a bigger aircon ledge, so probably can camo abit...hahaha....

I still prefer the standalone type...at least breakdown just replace one...cheaper...if 2 in 1 breakdown...have to buy a new one which is more ex....anyway....I think i will just settle for a LG or a Samsung 2 in 1....i won't say good but its really cost effective....break down aft a few yr just need to buy new one....still washes just as clean....spin dry at 1000rpm...

noblebaby
04-08-09, 15:41
wow, so many thing to put in the kitchen/yard... still got enough space to walk?

Separate will be better..for 2-in-1...if u bot a 7kg washer, your dryer is only able to take up half the wash load - 3.5kg.

Maybe technology has improved.

ya..some MC dont allow you to hang your colourful "flag" so openly....

kEN9170
04-08-09, 15:58
If not enuf space to walk, what will happen to WFK? Think they have a smaller kitchen. They dont have a separate yard too.

wow, so many thing to put in the kitchen/yard... still got enough space to walk?

driftwave
04-08-09, 16:32
for a the washer and dryer, u can stack on top of each other....I'm doing this at the presently....most of the brands have their own stacker kit...its quite neat...

kEN9170
04-08-09, 16:43
Yes mine too. I bot the economical type...EF brand...6kg capacity...washer + dryer abt $800. Coming to 4 years ....still in good condition.

for a the washer and dryer, u can stack on top of each other....I'm doing this at the presently....most of the brands have their own stacker kit...its quite neat...

burgerking
04-08-09, 17:12
Hey Guys. We are touching sensitive topics here for the ladies. Be careful of backlash. Ha! Ha!

That's true!

burgerking
04-08-09, 17:14
Eh... My 2 bedroom no shoe rack leh... If want, need to spend extra $$ to get ID to do it...

driftwave
04-08-09, 17:20
If only 2 person, she can hv the entire spare room as her shoe rack...hahahaha......:tongue3:

Eh... My 2 bedroom no shoe rack leh... If want, need to spend extra $$ to get ID to do it...

kEN9170
04-08-09, 17:21
Oh...oopssssss.........sorry ladies! My apologies. :scared-2:

Hey Guys. We are touching sensitive topics here for the ladies. Be careful of backlash. Ha! Ha!

burgerking
04-08-09, 17:33
Washer/dryer top load or side load is better? Read from some magazine says side load requires less water and so uses less energy and water consumption. Is this true?

I still prefer the standalone type...at least breakdown just replace one...cheaper...if 2 in 1 breakdown...have to buy a new one which is more ex....anyway....I think i will just settle for a LG or a Samsung 2 in 1....i won't say good but its really cost effective....break down aft a few yr just need to buy new one....still washes just as clean....spin dry at 1000rpm...

kEN9170
04-08-09, 17:38
Yes...side load less water consumption.

Washer/dryer top load or side load is better? Read from some magazine says side load requires less water and so uses less energy and water consumption. Is this true?

noblebaby
04-08-09, 17:44
burgerking, are you a SHE?

noblebaby
04-08-09, 17:46
Ken & Driftwave xifu... next time buy home electrical appliances must consult you guys... :p

Yes...side load less water consumption.

forte
04-08-09, 17:54
Seems like everyone is concern on the usage of kitchen, so many discussions...my main concern will be the bay window area...seems abit waste of space there...any good ideas???

oh by the way receive lawyer call developer have billed the foundation work for my unit....:)

burgerking
04-08-09, 17:55
Nope. HE. Just that I remember somebody which is a HE (cannot say who) mentioned something about hairdo and gana rebutted by many SHE... Hee! Hee!

burgerking, are you a SHE?

kEN9170
04-08-09, 18:15
ya....that's why i'm thinking whether to relocate the water basin to bay window. Do you have a dry kitchen?

Seems like everyone is concern on the usage of kitchen, so many discussions...my main concern will be the bay window area...seems abit waste of space there...any good ideas???

oh by the way receive lawyer call developer have billed the foundation work for my unit....:)

noblebaby
04-08-09, 18:21
we are waiting for the SHE to comment on the kitchen space usage...

Nope. HE. Just that I remember somebody which is a HE (cannot say who) mentioned something about hairdo and gana rebutted by many SHE... Hee! Hee!

forte
04-08-09, 18:26
ya....that's why i'm thinking whether to relocate the water basin to bay window. Do you have a dry kitchen?

yes i have a dry kitchen...but was wondering can they relocate the water basis there? if so it will be good becos the current design is the cooker is opposite the basin so it is pretty cramp....

noblebaby
04-08-09, 18:29
for my unit, the bay window is sitting beside the kitchen cabinet, i will build a storage cabinet on it n make it same level as the kitchen cabinet/sink... Then i will hav more space to put thing or used it as space to prepare food...

Ooo i m still waiting the bank to bill me... Mayb october...

venus
04-08-09, 19:00
yes i have a dry kitchen...but was wondering can they relocate the water basis there? if so it will be good becos the current design is the cooker is opposite the basin so it is pretty cramp....

is the cooker hob directly opp the sink? If so i think its bad for fengshui.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 20:05
fire n water... :o

is the cooker hob directly opp the sink? If so i think its bad for fengshui.

kEN9170
04-08-09, 20:12
how to overcome bad fengshui?

:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

fire n water... :o

noblebaby
04-08-09, 20:31
Fire and water fight each other... this can lead to arguement and conflict within the family... so, move the sink away... :D try not to let both facing each other directly... sitting side-by-side is also not very good... can put some thing green in between, such as a small plant.

how to overcome bad fengshui?

:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

kEN9170
04-08-09, 20:39
oic....so better to shift the basin to bay window.
hmm...maybe call up developer to check.

Fire and water fight each other... this can lead to arguement and conflict within the family... so, move the sink away... :D try not to let both facing each other directly... sitting side-by-side is also not very good... can put some thing green in between, such as a small plant.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 20:45
haha... if only you believe in fengshui... ;)

kEN9170
04-08-09, 21:21
Hi linchong, have you got your unit?

Hi noblebaby and Douk,

Thanks for your advices. For the 2nd question, I know the 15% can pay using cpf. How about the monthly loan payment ($2800) to the bank? My gf and my cpf contribution per month is around 2800 also. Can all of it be channeled to pay the monthly loan?

venus
04-08-09, 21:26
oh I didn't know side by side also cannot. For the opp each other's case how to put green plant in between? put right in the middle if the kitchen ah? :D

Fire and water fight each other... this can lead to a

rguement and conflict within the family... so, move the sink away... :D try not to let both facing each other directly... sitting side-by-side is also not very good... can put some thing green in between, such as a small plant.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 21:32
put a green carpet :D

oh I didn't know side by side also cannot. For the opp each other's case how to put green plant in between? put right in the middle if the kitchen ah? :D

kEN9170
04-08-09, 21:34
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

venus
04-08-09, 21:41
Like that also can ah LOL

kEN9170
04-08-09, 21:43
Can....dont forget we are a bunch of Crazy people with crazy ideas. :D

Venus, have you found your Optima's neighbour?

noblebaby
04-08-09, 21:49
can... put those that look like a patch of green grass... :p :p :p

Stove is symbolic of wealth... Plant is wood... if the wood is placed near to the fire (stove) creates stronger fire energy... wood feeds fire... money money come, don't play play yeah... :D

noblebaby
04-08-09, 21:52
from feng shui study, stove and sink must be placed properly... stove not only represent the wealth of the person who support the family... but also the health of that person...

the original layout of the kitchen, with a corner that seperates the stove and sink is the best layout... if only you believe in fengshui... if not, no need to bother... :cheers1:

pang
04-08-09, 22:02
May I know what is the developer number I could call and check with them?

kEN9170
04-08-09, 22:04
Contact no : 62732122

May I know what is the developer number I could call and check with them?

forte
04-08-09, 22:07

hmm i thought its ok leh becos its not directly facing each other....just watch the video clip on the showflat to be double sure....confirmed not directly opposite......for me not so much of fengshui but in terms of layout will be better if can shift to the bay window there.....but the bay window is very low i think lower then waist level so does it mean they have to change the window to a smaller size if want to shift the basin there?

venus
04-08-09, 22:14
Wah gd leh. now u hv a garden in the kitchen!! :D

Someone mentioned putting sink at bay window?? can meh? how abt drainage?

can... put those that look like a patch of green grass... :p :p :p

Stove is symbolic of wealth... Plant is wood... if the wood is placed near to the fire (stove) creates stronger fire energy... wood feeds fire... money money come, don't play play yeah... :D

venus
04-08-09, 22:17
no leh....either they are all hiding or most of them not buying for own stay so not interested to make friends with neighbours.

Douk
04-08-09, 22:47

think diagonally opposite is ok. Side by side is ok, depends on whether fire/water cross path or not. better check with a feng shui master.

driftwave
04-08-09, 22:52
when the time is closer, I think we can form a group buy to leverage on the economy of scale of buying electrical appliances.....save us more $ for BBQ and beer......:cheers1:

Ken & Driftwave xifu... next time buy home electrical appliances must consult you guys... :p

venus
04-08-09, 22:56
yeah as long as not directly opp is ok. but side by side one....u say ok but noble baby said not ok....so who's right?

think diagonally opposite is ok. Side by side is ok, depends on whether fire/water cross path or not. better check with a feng shui master.

driftwave
04-08-09, 22:56
yup...to maximise the use of our kitchen mah....remember we have to allocate space for our laundry.....

yes...I had received the letter from my bank last week....start billing 1st day of the month and it includes the foundation part....

noblebaby
04-08-09, 22:58
yeah, buy more can bargain... i prefer energy saving... i'm a GREEN person...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yup...to maximise the use of our kitchen mah....remember we have to allocate space for our laundry.....

yes...I had received the letter from my bank last week....start billing 1st day of the month and it includes the foundation part....

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:01
side by side is not as bad as opposite... so put a green plant in between should be able to 化 (http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%BB%AF%D1%A7&lm=0&si=&rn=10&ie=gb2312&ct=0&cl=3&f=12&oq=hua+xue)解 (http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%BD%E2%BE%F6&lm=0&si=&rn=10&ie=gb2312&ct=0&cl=3&f=12&oq=jie+jue) :spliff:

yeah as long as not directly opp is ok. but side by side one....u say ok but noble baby said not ok....so who's right?

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:03
can.....drain out of the window directly....remember we are near parks and reservoir.....can recycle the water...:eek: .whahahaha.....

Wah gd leh. now u hv a garden in the kitchen!! :D

Someone mentioned putting sink at bay window?? can meh? how abt drainage?

venus
04-08-09, 23:04
oic. then i hv to go and buy a green plant le....thank you master

side by side is not as bad as opposite... so put a green plant in between should be able to 化 (http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%BB%AF%D1%A7&lm=0&si=&rn=10&ie=gb2312&ct=0&cl=3&f=12&oq=hua+xue)解 (http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%BD%E2%BE%F6&lm=0&si=&rn=10&ie=gb2312&ct=0&cl=3&f=12&oq=jie+jue) :spliff:

princessmum
04-08-09, 23:06
Hi all

Just received reply from Developer on the water slide.
good and bad news... They are considering to add it in, but something might need to be taken out.

Sorry for the late reply.

We have checked with our project deparment and as informed, our architect is looking into the request of the water-slide. However, due to space constraint and safety criteria, some other proposed equipment may have to be omitted in lieu.

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:11
err.....got showroom video meh? ur personal collection? can share on youtube? :P

hmm i thought its ok leh becos its not directly facing each other....just watch the video clip on the showflat to be double sure....confirmed not directly opposite......for me not so much of fengshui but in terms of layout will be better if can shift to the bay window there.....but the bay window is very low i think lower then waist level so does it mean they have to change the window to a smaller size if want to shift the basin there?

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:15
do sub sale and join us...where to find such crazy neighbours rite?...whahahaha.....

alternatively, go to showroom and place a plycard there informing them that there is such a forum.....:cool:

no leh....either they are all hiding or most of them not buying for own stay so not interested to make friends with neighbours.

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:18
Ok I keep a look out for all the green color appliances just for u......:eek:

yeah, buy more can bargain... i prefer energy saving... i'm a GREEN person...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:21
hum...i suspect they will be putting the slide at the splash pool....removing the BBQ pit and placing it somewhere else?

Hi all

good and bad news... They are considering to add it in, but something might need to be taken out.

We have checked with our project deparment and as informed, our architect is looking into the request of the water-slide. However, due to space constraint and safety criteria, some other proposed equipment may have to be omitted in lieu.

venus
04-08-09, 23:23
showflat close already.

do sub sale and join us...where to find such crazy neighbours rite?...whahahaha.....

alternatively, go to showroom and place a plycard there informing them that there is such a forum.....:cool:

driftwave
04-08-09, 23:25
aiyo....u bluff me earlier today ah....lucky did not go down to showroom to see see look look....else really have to hantum u ah.....

showflat close already.

forte
04-08-09, 23:26
err.....got showroom video meh? ur personal collection? can share on youtube? :P

hehe ya my personal collection...i remember that time when i bot my unit the showflat was so quiet and empty that i could take my time to walk around the showflat and videotape the showflat with no one walking around:spliff: i guess will not be possible nowadays with the property craze......can put in youtube?? will violate any designer rights or not hah....

burgerking
04-08-09, 23:29
Ai yo! When i visited propertyguru.com.sg, there are so many agents putting up there pics of the showflat. But than, it is good to check before doing such things like putting up the pics or video.

hehe ya my personal collection...i remember that time when i bot my unit the showflat was so quiet and empty that i could take my time to walk around the showflat and videotape the showflat with no one walking around:spliff: i guess will not be possible nowadays with the property craze......can put in youtube?? will violate any designer rights or not hah....

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:29
yeah, flip your Optima and buy Waterfront Waves... :D

Where to find so many crazy ppl... only in WFW :cheers1:

showflat close already.

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:30
no violation, can upload any thing except those 18XXX... :D

kEN9170
04-08-09, 23:31
oh...what other proposed equipments are they going to remove??? Rock Climbing Wall???:beats-me-man:

Hi all

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:35
what is actually around that area??

oh...what other proposed equipments are they going to remove??? Rock Climbing Wall???:beats-me-man:

venus
04-08-09, 23:39
u said u not free to go look see what. But i took the trouble to call TID to chk if showflat is open and inform ken so he won't make a wasted trip ok.

aiyo....u bluff me earlier today ah....lucky did not go down to showroom to see see look look....else really have to hantum u ah.....

kEN9170
04-08-09, 23:40
hmm.....remove BBQ Pavilions?

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2702/wfw6.jpg

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:43
Maybe the splash deck... or the wall?!

burgerking
04-08-09, 23:47
Will adding the water slide means increase of monthly maintenance payment? That is if the water slide is deem higher maintenance costs than the ones currently on the site plan.

Maybe the splash deck... or the wall?!

noblebaby
04-08-09, 23:53
OK, I want setup a new club here... called: WFW Crazy Makan (Supper) Club...

sure all FAT FAT :millie:

kEN9170
04-08-09, 23:59
My recommendation :

咸蛋螃蟹/XO claypot 螃蟹米粉汤 at Blk 144 Tampines Street 12 #01-400 - Hong Kong Street Jia Kee Coffee House. Not far from Tampines Safra.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 00:03
I must try, crab my favorite. by the way, the price ok or not?

My recommendation :

咸蛋螃蟹/XO claypot 螃蟹米粉汤 at Blk 144 Tampines Street 12 #01-400 - Hong Kong Street Jia Kee Coffee House. Not far from Tampines Safra.

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:07
only the rock climbing/playground and bbq pit.

what is actually around that area??

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:11
wow....gan tong leh.....:rolleyes: kekeke....

u said u not free to go look see what. But i took the trouble to call TID to chk if showflat is open and inform ken so he won't make a wasted trip ok.

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:13
possible...anyway the bbq pit looks out of the way too....chances of food getting into the pool is very high..replace with slide better.....

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2702/wfw6.jpg

noblebaby
05-08-09, 00:14
Let me copy here to share with other crazy club members. :p

Blk 416 - fish soup stall (Boon Keng) is yummy.
Blk 85 -i like one of the zhi zhar stall (天天Changi) there..cheap & good...fried rice yummy..lots of ingredients in it...must go early..else have to wait minimum 45mins if u go after 6pm on weekend. Too many good food here...no ending list...
Blk 216 - Very popular Nasi Lemak (红泥小厨)..queue start to form early in the morning...better than Changi Point one.....stall rest on Mon & Tue.

Originally Posted by driftwave
tot u used to live in Bedok previously? No?
too many to list already.....depend on what you want.....

1. Nana Curry at Bedok Interchange NTUC kopi tiam (for curry lovers)
2. Wanton/dumpling/roast duck noodle at blk 418 kopi shop nearer to 417 (day)
3. zhi zhar stall at blk 844 tampines st 82
4. Blk 85 market - too many to list (at night)
5. Blk 511 market - quite a few stall to list too (at night)
6. Blk 215 market - as above
7. Blk 416 Bedok north ave 2, fish soup stall
8. Blk 412 Bedok north ave, botak jones.

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:16
dun think will impact much lah....anyway the ppl who maintain the pool will maintain the slide as well....it is when the slide needs to be replace from wear and tear then sinking funds will be used....

Will adding the water slide means increase of monthly maintenance payment? That is if the water slide is deem higher maintenance costs than the ones currently on the site plan.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 00:17
This WFW thread is HOT :simmering:

Other club members pls. join us. dont be shy... :p

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:18
very soon we see a lot of fatty resident in WFW......probably I'm the 1st...hahaha.....:scared-1:

kEN9170
05-08-09, 00:18
depend on the size of the crabs.
we ordered 4 crabs and costs abt $70. Cheap or Ex?

You can call in advance to order first (Linda 90907155). Said recommended by Jeffrey (my friend). Request to cook by 主厨. Asked for free dessert too. Hahaha...

I must try, crab my favorite. by the way, the price ok or not?

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:22
wow...if its mid size sri lanka crabs then its very very cheap!

You can call in advance to order first (Linda 90907155). Said recommended by Jeffrey (my friend). Request to cook by 主厨. Asked for free dessert too. Hahaha...

noblebaby
05-08-09, 00:25
cheap... !!! I one person can finish all 4, yum yum...

Find one day we meet up to eat crab!

kEN9170
05-08-09, 00:26
not the sri lanka type...but good size type...wow...after talking abt crabs...think i will go this Sat to eat again...

wow...if its mid size sri lanka crabs then its very very cheap!

driftwave
05-08-09, 00:29
cham liao.....the feasting has began....

not the sri lanka type...but good size type...wow...after talking abt crabs...think i will go this Sat to eat again...

kEN9170
05-08-09, 00:35
No worry....can go for regular jog at Bedok Reservoir Park (4.3km) or Bedok Town Park (2.4km)....or cycle to East Coast Park via the Eastern Coastal Park Connector. This is what attracted me to Waterfront Waves - LIVE WHERE YOU PLAY!

very soon we see a lot of fatty resident in WFW......probably I'm the 1st...hahaha.....:scared-1:

kEN9170
05-08-09, 00:41
Business hour
11am to 2pm
5pm to 11pm

Douk
05-08-09, 08:12

my kitchen hob and basin is side by side, and the fengshui master is ok with that but he mentioned if the basin and hob swap position, then no good. so i guess there may be more considerations than just simply side by side. the position of basin and hob (e.g. which is near to window/dining room) is also important, i guess. i didnt pay too much attention to his explanation as long as it is ok.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 08:37
mind the share the current position of your kitchen hob and basin with repect to the kitchen window and door? :)

my kitchen hob and basin is side by side, and the fengshui master is ok with that but he mentioned if the basin and hob swap position, then no good. so i guess there may be more considerations than just simply side by side. the position of basin and hob (e.g. which is near to window/dining room) is also important, i guess. i didnt pay too much attention to his explanation as long as it is ok.

Douk
05-08-09, 08:52
mind the share the current position of your kitchen hob and basin with repect to the kitchen window and door? :)
Hob is near to door and basin near to window.

venus
05-08-09, 09:31
Hob is near to door and basin near to window.

Door as in kitchen door and window in yard? Like when u walk in kitchen entrance u reach the hob 1st then the sink , walk further in u hv a window facing u. correct?

kEN9170
05-08-09, 09:46
Salted egg crabs.

cheap... !!! I one person can finish all 4, yum yum...

Find one day we meet up to eat crab!

noblebaby
05-08-09, 10:03
Walau, journalist ken... :D

if you dont mind, pls help to compile a list of yummy food at bedok area. :D

Salted egg crabs.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 13:19
what is the ceiling height for WFW? or what should be the standard for condo? :confused:

kEN9170
05-08-09, 13:48
minimum 2.8 to 2.9m.

what is the ceiling height for WFW? or what should be the standard for condo? :confused:

noblebaby
05-08-09, 14:57
so far any one write in to opt-out any wall or toilet bowl?!? pls share so can steal some idea... :D

driftwave
05-08-09, 15:38
very soon cannot already....so better make ur decision quick....going to be 4th-5th floor soon....

so far any one write in to opt-out any wall or toilet bowl?!? pls share so can steal some idea... :D

sunny
05-08-09, 15:50

:) seems like you guys are very free...:confused: no need to work meh ??? me thinking of opt-out wall. will let u know if do so....:cheers4: .. anyway, receive call from lawyer... next week got to pay 1st drawdown....

noblebaby
05-08-09, 16:18
need to setup any thing for the draw down... or automatically?!?

need to setup CPF acc to contribute certain amount right???

:) seems like you guys are very free...:confused: no need to work meh ??? me thinking of opt-out wall. will let u know if do so....:cheers4: .. anyway, receive call from lawyer... next week got to pay 1st drawdown....

sunny
05-08-09, 16:22
need to setup any thing for the draw down... or automatically?!?

need to setup CPF acc to contribute certain amount right???

:) me issue cheque to developer for 1st drawdown, the instalment will pay cash via giro.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 16:23
you didnt take any bank loan???

:) me issue cheque to developer for 1st drawdown, the instalment will pay cash via giro.

sunny
05-08-09, 16:37
you didnt take any bank loan???

:) how i wish, ha ha ...... my loan is less than 80%..... that's why i need to pay the 1st 10% ( after the 5% + 15% ) to the developer. my instalment paying cash.

kEN9170
05-08-09, 16:53
I have already paid my 2nd instalment liow. :(

:) how i wish, ha ha ...... my loan is less than 80%..... that's why i need to pay the 1st 10% ( after the 5% + 15% ) to the developer. my instalment paying cash.

noblebaby
05-08-09, 16:56
yeah.. still hesitating... thinking to remove the wall btw master-room and bedroom 2... just worried next time no $$$ to build back the wall... :scared-3:

very soon cannot already....so better make ur decision quick....going to be 4th-5th floor soon....

noblebaby
05-08-09, 16:58
i still havent, sienz... couldn't wait to pay... :D

I have already paid my 2nd instalment liow. :(

kEN9170
05-08-09, 17:03
Leave it as it is. Dont forget fengshui master said stack 25 is very 旺for 早生贵子,多子多孙!

Keep the 2 bedrooms for your kids....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yeah.. still hesitating... thinking to remove the wall btw master-room and bedroom 2... just worried next time no $$$ to build back the wall... :scared-3:

noblebaby
05-08-09, 17:06
ahaha... i remember that... therefore I'll build a room that is convertible btw study and bedroom.

so my domestic helper will need to Zzzz in the HS and "pang" in the WC...

Leave it as it is. Dont forget fengshui master said stack 25 is very 旺for 早生贵子,多子多孙!

Keep the 2 bedrooms for your kids....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

noblebaby
05-08-09, 22:16
any way to know the location of the air-con unit??? coz if opt-out the wall... maybe not hav place to install the air-con unit :confused:

driftwave
05-08-09, 22:33
based on the showflat and most condos, it shd b on top of the entrance into the room....

any way to know the location of the air-con unit??? coz if opt-out the wall... maybe not hav place to install the air-con unit :confused:

forte
06-08-09, 10:02

ya i am also considering removing the wall betw living & 1st bedroom then built a glass panel like the showflat.....have'nt decided yet leh....looking at the construction progress i better decide quick man...

noblebaby
06-08-09, 10:47
if there is an air-con unit on that wall... after remove it... the air-con need to shifted... and may b shifted to an awkward location... :confused:

I also asked the same question if I wan to remove the wall btw master n bedroom 1....

ya i am also considering removing the wall betw living & 1st bedroom then built a glass panel like the showflat.....have'nt decided yet leh....looking at the construction progress i better decide quick man...

forte
06-08-09, 11:23
if there is an air-con unit on that wall... after remove it... the air-con need to shifted... and may b shifted to an awkward location... :confused:

I also asked the same question if I wan to remove the wall btw master n bedroom 1....

ya hor never thought about the aircon....you know where is the aircon location....u referring to aircon in the bedroom or living area?

i will go down WFW showflat this sat just to take a look again and maybe talk to the agent to find out more about removing this wall thing...

cheahsg
06-08-09, 12:43
minimum 2.8 to 2.9m.

Yup... thats the standard. But some condos like Coastal Breeze have 3.1m to 3.5m ceiling height.

noblebaby
06-08-09, 13:03
i dont have any idea on the air-con location... but Driftwave mentioned most of the sir-con unit will be on top of the entrance, which is quite true...

i think the location for the air-con unit in the showflat will be slightly different from the actual unit...

ya hor never thought about the aircon....you know where is the aircon location....u referring to aircon in the bedroom or living area?

i will go down WFW showflat this sat just to take a look again and maybe talk to the agent to find out more about removing this wall thing...

driftwave
06-08-09, 23:31
actually the other concern is where the aircon piping are being routed, will it pass thru the wall that is going to be hacked down? nobody noes....

I'm considering not installing the master bedroom wardrobe...ask them to leave the unassemble wardrobe in the house, I can pass it to my in-law to install in her house....and considering not to have the kitchen wall built as well......open concept....so I have a dry/wet kitchen together....not sure if that is a good idea in terms of fengshui? the cooker thou not directly facing the sink or living room but can be seen in the living room....anybody any idea on that?:beats-me-man:

i dont have any idea on the air-con location... but Driftwave mentioned most of the sir-con unit will be on top of the entrance, which is quite true...

i think the location for the air-con unit in the showflat will be slightly different from the actual unit...

kEN9170
06-08-09, 23:33
Happy National Day! :cheers6:

No 760 (Stack 01,02,05,06,09,10,13,14)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8677/wfw1.jpg

No 760 (Stack 03,04,07) & No 762 (Stack 15 - 18)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3895/wfw2.jpg

No 760 (Stack 11,12) & No 762 (Stack 15-18)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6153/wfw3.jpg

No 760 & No 766

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3708/wfw4s.jpg

No 766 (Stack 24,25) & No 768 (Stack 26-29)
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3486/wfw5r.jpg

No 768 (Stack 26,27)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2702/wfw6.jpg

noblebaby
06-08-09, 23:35
yeah, my concern is actually on the air-con piping... without the wall, not sure how they route it... or maybe no way... at the end, the wall is not allow to be removed... :o

not sure about fengshui... but do you cook??? if yes, better have a wall...

actually the other concern is where the aircon piping are being routed, will it pass thru the wall that is going to be hacked down? nobody noes....

I'm considering not installing the master bedroom wardrobe...ask them to leave the unassemble wardrobe in the house, I can pass it to my in-law to install in her house....and considering not to have the kitchen wall built as well......open concept....so I have a dry/wet kitchen together....not sure if that is a good idea in terms of fengshui? the cooker thou not directly facing the sink or living room but can be seen in the living room....anybody any idea on that?:beats-me-man:

noblebaby
06-08-09, 23:39
Wow, thanks for the update Ken... now become weekly update... :p

Only 1 week plus... some progresses can be seen from some of the stacks...

Still need to work tomorow... couldn't wait for the long weekend... hope WFW worker is working on National Day as well, hehe... :ashamed1:

No 760 & No 766

No 768 (Stack 26,27)

noblebaby
06-08-09, 23:43
Ken, what time did you take these photos?

kEN9170
06-08-09, 23:45
Haha...just happen i have camera with me today & some spare time to walk around the park. :D

I think fortnightly update will be better...can see more progresses..more surprise too....

Taken around 6pm.

Wow, thanks for the update Ken... now become weekly update... :p

Only 1 week plus... some progresses can be seen from some of the stacks...

Still need to work tomorow... couldn't wait for the long weekend... hope WFW worker is working on National Day as well, hehe... :ashamed1:

burgerking
06-08-09, 23:50
Thanks for the update. Did not see much progress on stack 15 leh.. Hee Hee :D What is the black color block right side of stack 15? Another block 21 or 22?

Haha...just happen i have camera with me today & some spare time to walk around the park. :D

I think fortnightly update will be better...can see more progresses..more surprise too....

Taken around 6pm.

kEN9170
06-08-09, 23:58
For your block 762, they have added one more level to the lift shaft. :D
The black colour could be the carpark roof. Noblebaby, am i rite?

Thanks for the update. Did not see much progress on stack 15 leh.. Hee Hee :D What is the black color block right side of stack 15? Another block 21 or 22?

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:00
lots of cooking was done after my wifey delivery....after that 1mth, its like once a week or at most twice a week....my current home also have the wall hacked down, I shrank the kitchen and put in a tempered frosted glass panel with see thru sliding tempered glass door....also can see cooker from living room and my mum who does most of the cooking neber like to close the glass door....so to me with or w/o the wall seems like no diff....its more of fengshui.....any idea?

yeah, my concern is actually on the air-con piping... without the wall, not sure how they route it... or maybe no way... at the end, the wall is not allow to be removed... :o

noblebaby
07-08-09, 00:02
I have compared these photos with those taken about 1 week ago... seem like they are able to complete one floor within a 2 weeks time frame... by end of next week, they should be able to complete the level 3 of your stack...

if they maintain the same speed, we should be able to see the top floor just before CNY 2010 :D

Taken around 6pm.

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:06
Thks Ken for the update.....actually I was there on Wed afternoon....the construction is progressing very well indeed....I was quite amazed from the shot u posted as I cud not find all ur locations that u shot it...wahahaha.....just went up to the block behind the public carpark and went to the 10th floor to check things out....

noblebaby
07-08-09, 00:07
hmnnn... think the height of the black box is too low to be the roof top of car park... think it is used to level up the ground... from the siteplan, there will be an open space on top of the black box...

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:09
Yes especially for No 760, ground floor units already up within a week.

Fyi, the construction work is going on 7 days a week. Weekday 9pm, work still going on. Work may slow down toward year end....raining season....

I have compared these photos with those taken about 1 week ago... seem like they are able to complete one floor within a 2 weeks time frame... by end of next week, they should be able to complete the level 3 of your stack...

if they maintain the same speed, we should be able to see the top floor just before CNY 2010 :D

noblebaby
07-08-09, 00:14
yes, think other stacks which are facing the reservoir will catch up stack 01-04... this eases them to lay down the concreat flooring at one shot for all the stacks facing reservoir...

pray hard less rain this year...

Yes especially for No 760, ground floor units already up within a week.

Fyi, the construction work is going on 7 days a week. Weekday 9pm, work still going on. Work may slow down toward year end....raining season....

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:19
hi driftwave, how many kids you have?

lots of cooking was done after my wifey delivery....after that 1mth, its like once a week or at most twice a week....my current home also have the wall hacked down, I shrank the kitchen and put in a tempered frosted glass panel with see thru sliding tempered glass door....also can see cooker from living room and my mum who does most of the cooking neber like to close the glass door....so to me with or w/o the wall seems like no diff....its more of fengshui.....any idea?

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:22
Wow...then T.O.P cud b early 2011!....end 2010 wud b most ideal!:spliff:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 00:25
Maybe around June 2011... just my estimation... but end of 2010 will be a bit too optimistic :D

The construction suppose to start around end of 3Q2008, but think delayed until end of 1Q2009... :banghead:

Wow...then T.O.P cud b early 2011!....end 2010 wud b most ideal!:spliff:

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:27
My wife & I like the glass wall concept too.
But we worried next time has to put in double effort to tidy up that room...otherwise will be not so nice to see a very untidy room from living hall. Unless the blind is always down....

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:31
Ya...because of poor sales & back timing.

Look at WFK now, they have already started work. May TOP by end 2012 instead of 2015 as stated in the booklet.

Maybe around June 2011... just my estimation... but end of 2010 will be a bit too optimistic :D

The construction suppose to start around end of 3Q2008, but think delayed until end of 1Q2009... :banghead:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 00:33
Yes, I like that idea... looks modern...

but I need that wall... to put a huge mirror/glass on the side that is facing the dinning room... coz fengshui... it is good to see yourself in the mirror when you makan... symbolize you makan "double"... means wealthy life...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D :D :D :D :D $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But we worried next time has to put in double effort to tidy up that room...otherwise will be not so nice to see a very untidy room from living hall. Unless the blind is always down....

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:38
2...y? big pain...wahahaha

hi driftwave, how many kids you have?

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:40
Beside multiplying your food, it will make your area look bigger too.
Next time if we dont cook, can pop over your place for makan yea...:D :D :D

Yes, I like that idea... looks modern...

but I need that wall... to put a huge mirror/glass on the side that is facing the dinning room... coz fengshui... it is good to see yourself in the mirror when you makan... symbolize you makan "double"... means wealthy life...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D :D :D :D :D $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kEN9170
07-08-09, 00:42
One too lonely. Two just nice.
I have two kids too.:)

2...y? big pain...wahahaha

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:42
yah...cos my son starting P1 in 2011...so the sooner we move in, the lesser he have to travel....

driftwave
07-08-09, 00:54
Tempered glass wall and door are nice....but when they break.....its a pain to get it clean up and replaced! Y? my common toilet frosted tempered glass door just exploded in the wee hour 2 weeks back....boy was it a frightening experience.....lucky no one was in the toilet when it burst to pieces....my tempered glass door was quite thick and heavy, close to half an inch thick....i purposely custom made to the thicker and heavier ones yet it still shattered after 6yrs.....I still have quite a few huge panel in my home....not to frighten off anyone but its like a time bomb....btw, if the panel are too wide and huge, the poor constructor will have to carry it up by the stairs instead of the lift....mine is the case for the kitchen glass wall....so do think twice esp when u hv kids at home...:2cents:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 08:11
:eek: :scared-4: :( :scared-3: :scared-2: :scared-5:

look like quite dangerous for children...

driftwave, seem like you have major reno in your current home. :D

Tempered glass wall and door are nice....but when they break.....its a pain to get it clean up and replaced! Y? my common toilet frosted tempered glass door just exploded in the wee hour 2 weeks back....boy was it a frightening experience.....lucky no one was in the toilet when it burst to pieces....my tempered glass door was quite thick and heavy, close to half an inch thick....i purposely custom made to the thicker and heavier ones yet it still shattered after 6yrs.....I still have quite a few huge panel in my home....not to frighten off anyone but its like a time bomb....btw, if the panel are too wide and huge, the poor constructor will have to carry it up by the stairs instead of the lift....mine is the case for the kitchen glass wall....so do think twice esp when u hv kids at home...:2cents:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 08:12
yeah, come come. you are welcome hehe :D

Beside multiplying your food, it will make your area look bigger too.
Next time if we dont cook, can pop over your place for makan yea...:D :D :D

venus
07-08-09, 09:37

Sorry i dun mean to be kapo...err or mabbe i am.....:D really curious what do u do for a living. u dun seem to need to work and so free one ;)

venus
07-08-09, 09:47

Master noblebaby, u really know a lot abt fengshui. I hv this fsngshui booklet, it did say cooker must hv a backing. :cool:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 09:51
maybe he is a boss... :D

Sorry i dun mean to be kapo...err or mabbe i am.....:D really curious what do u do for a living. u dun seem to need to work and so free one ;)

kEN9170
07-08-09, 09:52
haha......of cos i have a full time job. I also need to work late some time.
Just that my boss is a very flexible person. As long as we do our part, he gave us the flexibility of managing our working hour. :)

noblebaby
07-08-09, 09:52
no ler... just know a bit only... hehe... what you meant by cooker must have a backing?

Master noblebaby, u really know a lot abt fengshui. I hv this fsngshui booklet, it did say cooker must hv a backing. :cool:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 09:54
my work is also quite flexible, allowed me to monitor stock market and browse forum during office hour... haha :D ... even my boss consulted me on investment... :scared-2:

Just that my boss is a very flexible person. As long as we do our part, he gave us the flexibility of managing our working hour. :)

venus
07-08-09, 10:02

So u suka suka go office at 10am also can? or say lve at 3pm also can? Lucky u!

venus
07-08-09, 10:05
no ler... just know a bit only... hehe... what you meant by cooker must have a backing?

aiyoh WFW owners are eat snake kings hehe just kidding!

You dunno what I'm talking regarding backing? Thot u advised someone not to knock down the wall at cooker hob?

kEN9170
07-08-09, 10:06
yes..if happen to work late last night, we can come in later the next day.
If we have some errands to settle, we can leave early too.

But we have to know our limit too...cannot abuse his kindness for granted.

noblebaby
07-08-09, 10:08
:scared-3: knock down the wall at cooker hob??!?!? not me la... :eek:

aiyoh WFW owners are eat snake kings hehe just kidding!

You dunno what I'm talking regarding backing? Thot u advised someone not to knock down the wall at cooker hob?

kEN9170
07-08-09, 10:12
think venus is refering to driftwave.
he wanted to have a open concept kitchen.

noblebaby, how are you going to place yr sofa in the living? from fengshui point, sofa need to have a backing too.
wow...TOP still a long way.....so early talk abt this liow...:doh: :doh: :doh:

:scared-3: knock down the wall at cooker hob??!?!? not me la... :eek:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 10:14
yeah... always stay late does not mean the person is hardworking... just that he/she is not efficient enough... and poor time management... :scared-2:

yes..if happen to work late last night, we can come in later the next day.
If we have some errands to settle, we can leave early too.

But we have to know our limit too...cannot abuse his kindness for granted.

venus
07-08-09, 10:22

noblebaby, how are you going to place yr sofa in the living? from fengshui point, sofa need to have a backing too.

Yes so clever. driftwave said he wanted hv a big open cencept wet and dry kitchen. Then you (noblebaby) said better hv wall if they cook a lot.

I dunno how the layout like but will it end up with cooker hob with no wall behind?

Must plan ahead mah. Like u want to knock down walls and all that
must consider fengshui also. And these things cannot wait till top cos hv to get the developer t do it before they start building correct?
oh dear how come sofa must also hv backing, my book nvr say leh

kEN9170
07-08-09, 10:46
my unit layout - Type B2

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8577/typeb2.jpg

Yes so clever. driftwave said he wanted hv a big open cencept wet and dry kitchen. Then you (noblebaby) said better hv wall if they cook a lot.

I dunno how the layout like but will it end up with cooker hob with no wall behind?

must consider fengshui also. And these things cannot wait till top cos hv to get the developer t do it before they start building correct?

noblebaby
07-08-09, 10:48
not sure about sofa backing... but try not to push the furniture up againts the wall... must give a feel of relaxation to your guest and family member...

you can place the sofa any where as long as the back of it is not facing the main entrance... this is to make sure you can see the person who is entering the house...

I'll follow the arrangement similar to the one shown in the brochure... i will build a mirror wall beside the dinning table... to widen the view... and also to reflect the view outside the window as well...

make sure the living room is lighten up and bright enough... and with plants like fresh flower...
the living room must be simple... and look relaxing... :sleep:

kEN9170
07-08-09, 10:55
Based on my layout, i have to swap my living & dinning. This way i can see the person who is entering the house. Thank you shifu.

not sure about sofa backing... but try not to push the furniture up againts the wall... must give a feel of relaxation to your guest and family member...

you can place the sofa any where as long as the back of it is not facing the main entrance... this is to make sure you can see the person who is entering the house...

I'll follow the arrangement similar to the one shown in the brochure... i will build a mirror wall beside the dinning table... to widen the view... and also to reflect the view outside the window as well...

make sure the living room is lighten up and bright enough... and with plants like fresh flower...
the living room must be simple... and look relaxing... :sleep:

noblebaby
07-08-09, 11:03
Yes, swap it will be better... then you can place a mirror for "makan double" haha...

our unit is quite similar... for my unit, the only downside is no dry kitchen and the balcony is quite big... other than that, it's all perfect!

i'll lay down timber on the balcony... and turn it into Bali feel... my unit is also quite isolated without facing any balcony... so I can do alfresco dinning for 4 or 5 persons, to fully utilise the space... LOL :D

Based on my layout, i have to swap my living & dinning. This way i can see the person who is entering the house. Thank you shifu.

venus
07-08-09, 11:05
my unit layout - Type B2

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8577/typeb2.jpg

Your kitchen is cooker and sink positions are safe.

But behind sofa is dining got no backing how? my living/dining same as yours.

if u reverse the layout will there be tv point in the other side?

kEN9170
07-08-09, 11:30
Ya..not sure abt the tv point. For showflat, dinning & living are interchanged. Different from floor plan.

For kitchen, i have opted for a dry/wet kitchen, so layout different liow.
Tried very hard to modify the layout. Haha...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/577/b2modified.jpg

Your kitchen is cooker and sink positions are safe.

But behind sofa is dining got no backing how? my living/dining same as yours.

if u reverse the layout will there be tv point in the other side?

noblebaby
07-08-09, 11:35
missed the wall between dry n wet kitchen.... :D the REF and Stove is not good side by side from fengshui.... hot object is also not advisable to be placed near to the REF...

Ya..not sure abt the tv point. For showflat, dinning & living are interchanged. Different from floor plan.

kEN9170
07-08-09, 11:38
Oops....stove shld be on the other side. Forgot to change this part.

Oh ya..there is a sliding glass panel betw the REF and the basin.

missed the wall between dry n wet kitchen.... :D the REF and Stove is not good side by side from fengshui.... hot object is also not advisable to be placed near to the REF...

noblebaby
07-08-09, 11:39
for my case, my REF is beside the stove... so I'll build a small partition just enough to seperate the REF from hot fire... and for sure a small green plant in between...

beside, I'll need to get a REF with its door handle/opening from the right... so when i open the REF door, the heat from the stove will be blocked by the REF's door...

a lot of fengshui and environment study... :p

venus
07-08-09, 11:42

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/577/b2modified.jpg

Showflat its up to the interior designer to arrange the furnitures without taking into considerations abt tv point or power pt. But usually tv pt will follow the layout of brochure. The only condo I know that provide tv pt on both side is the sea view. If u really serious abt swapping position better chk wif developer if both sides hv or can they chng to the other side.

noblebaby
07-08-09, 11:50
the stove suppose at the sink?

then the stove will be facing the door of the WC?!?! having toilet door face the stove directly implies :hell-hath-no-fury: gets into your makan more easily... :simmering:

Oops....stove shld be on the other side. Forgot to change this part.

Oh ya..there is a sliding glass panel betw the REF and the basin.

venus
07-08-09, 11:51
Now your hob and sink is opp each other....but not sure if the actual thing will be directly opp or not hor?

fridge cannot beside cooker bcos hot and cold clash izit? :D

noblebaby
07-08-09, 11:54
yes, fire n water clash... and hot thing beside the fridge also make the fridge consume more energy for cooling...

hmnnn... stove is one of the most important objects in the house... symbolize health and wealth... so must always use it to cook... the more you use the more $$$ come... :D

Now your hob and sink is opp each other....but not sure if the actual thing will be directly opp or not hor?

fridge cannot beside cooker bcos hot and cold clash izit? :D

venus
07-08-09, 11:55
How come now your sink and hob swap position? u requested?

venus
07-08-09, 11:58
yes, fire n water clash... and hot thing beside the fridge also make the fridge consume more energy for cooling...

hmnnn... stove is one of the most important objects in the house... symbolize health and wealth... so must always use it to cook... the more you use the more $$$ come... :D

True. oh and oven too....nowadays we hardly use oven to bake. so once in a while must on and run it for a while...otherwise will spoil.

venus
07-08-09, 12:02
the stove suppose at the sink?

then the stove will be facing the door of the WC?!?! having toilet door face the stove directly implies :hell-hath-no-fury: gets into your makan more easily... :simmering:

Not only that, there is a sink in the WC. If your stove is really facing WC then again fire and water clashes....

But nvm...keep the WC door close at all times....think will help?

jitkiat
07-08-09, 12:05
Stove is the most important object ... symbol of wealth & health

A lot of fengshui is common sense. Stove is important in an old society because it is not common to eat out and women all housewives with good cooking skills and responsible for feeding the family. With Singapore women unwilling to become stay-home housewife and availability of good restaurants, is stove really that important anymore? Recent interview in paper - kitchen becomes a place to show off your ID.

Fengshui must be re-interpreted in the context of a modern society. It is just like TCM needs to be understood in the modern context of Western Medicine as well. And the most advanced fengshui must take into considerations the people staying inside. For people with timid/gloomy character, an ID design with dark tone will make it worse.

venus
07-08-09, 12:14
Stove is the most important object ... symbol of wealth & health

A lot of fengshui is common sense. Stove is important in an old society because it is not common to eat out and women all housewives with good cooking skills and responsible for feeding the family. With Singapore women unwilling to become stay-home housewife and availability of good restaurants, is stove really that important anymore? Recent interview in paper - kitchen becomes a place to show off your ID.

Fengshui must be re-interpreted in the context of a modern society. It is just like TCM needs to be understood in the modern context of Western Medicine as well. And the most advanced fengshui must take into considerations the people staying inside. For people with timid/gloomy character, an ID design with dark tone will make it worse.

Wkends still can cook what....even if its just instant noodles. If fire is not impt then why when move in one of the things to is to make sure stove all lighted up? But its just symbolic lah i know....

jitkiat
07-08-09, 12:28
Wkends still can cook what....even if its just instant noodles. If fire is not impt then why when move in one of the things to is to make sure stove all lighted up? But its just symbolic lah i know....

Stove is also supposed to keep you warm in winter in the old society. What I mean is stove is becoming less important in modern society so we should not take whatever in fengshui theory about stove too seriously.

venus
07-08-09, 12:52
Stove is also supposed to keep you warm in winter in the old society. What I mean is stove is becoming less important in modern society so we should not take whatever in fengshui theory about stove too seriously.

Its up to individual whether to believe or not. It must hv its merits since a lot of large corporations also will consult fengshui master for their office layouts and even building developments. eg marina IR. Even the old man LKY also a big fengshui follower.

But I agree times hv changed and fengshui has to adapt to that. Actually what we are discussing is just some basic fengshui rules that we hear or read, we are no experts :p Its far more complicated then this like hv to take into considerations things like facing, time period, occupants' bazhi, etc. Best is to consult the real master if we believe in such things lah :)

venus
07-08-09, 13:33
Hey noblebaby, u mentioned abt laying timber strips at balcony. Hv u thought abt all the dusts and dirts that will be trapped under it? is there a way to clean it? What if it rains and water there breed mosquitoes?
cos I'm thinking of doing that for my pes too but I'm having so many ??? on problems above. Buay tahan rite? haven even start construction already think so much.

noblebaby
07-08-09, 13:52
Hi venus, im not overly worried on the drainage, etc... just let the expect to do it... they should hav good solution on this...

FYI: http://www.goodhill.com/app/index.php

:D

Hey noblebaby, u mentioned abt laying timber strips at balcony. Hv u thought abt all the dusts and dirts that will be trapped under it? is there a way to clean it? What if it rains and water there breed mosquitoes?
cos I'm thinking of doing that for my pes too but I'm having so many ??? on problems above. Buay tahan rite? haven even start construction already think so much.

kEN9170
07-08-09, 13:59
How come now your sink and hob swap position? u requested?

haha...actually i have forgotten the exact location of the sink & hob. Got showflat to check out again. Anyone here can tell me?

venus
07-08-09, 14:07
Hi venus, im not overly worried on the drainage, etc... just let the expect to do it... they should hav good solution on this...

FYI: http://www.goodhill.com/app/index.php

:D

oh so they will do the drainage everything properly for us huh? Tats gd. Is the above company gd? Do u know roughly how much it will cost?

noblebaby
07-08-09, 14:16
no idea on the price... for your PES, think not cheap, coz of bigger area... it may cost you $3-4k and more, depends on the type of wood you want...

oh so they will do the drainage everything properly for us huh? Tats gd. Is the above company gd? Do u know roughly how much it will cost?

jitkiat
07-08-09, 14:18
Its up to individual whether to believe or not. It must hv its merits since a lot of large corporations also will consult fengshui master for their office layouts and even building developments. eg marina IR. Even the old man LKY also a big fengshui follower.

But I agree times hv changed and fengshui has to adapt to that. Actually what we are discussing is just some basic fengshui rules that we hear or read, we are no experts :p Its far more complicated then this like hv to take into considerations things like facing, time period, occupants' bazhi, etc. Best is to consult the real master if we believe in such things lah :)

I studied TCM for many years. Fengshui & TCM share many comment elements. To be good in it, you need to have genuine compassion & care about people, not just driven by money. For example, if my mother suffers from cold type of rheumatism then it is probably advisable to buy a unit that get east sun into living room/bedroom, west sun into bathrooms ... ? So, 坐南朝北 is not necessary the best in any situation, isn't it?

venus
07-08-09, 14:23
no idea on the price... for your PES, think not cheap, coz of bigger area... it may cost you $3-4k and more, depends on the type of wood you want...

ic thks...next time when u get ur quotation share it here ok?

noblebaby
07-08-09, 14:26
sure, will get several units to do it together to get a lower price... :p

ic thks...next time when u get ur quotation share it here ok?

sunny
07-08-09, 14:54
sure, will get several units to do it together to get a lower price... :p

:) count me in .... hehe....

noblebaby
07-08-09, 14:58
Sure... this is the power of WFW crazy club!!! :spliff:

:) count me in .... hehe....

noblebaby
07-08-09, 14:59
bring forward if some one missed it... taken by Ken yesterday

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8677/wfw1.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3895/wfw2.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6153/wfw3.jpg

No 760 & No 766

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3708/wfw4s.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3486/wfw5r.jpg

No 768 (Stack 26,27)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2702/wfw6.jpg

noblebaby
07-08-09, 15:08
DJ OECD Official: Asset Bubble Already Taking Place In Asia - 7th August 09

SYDNEY (Dow Jones)--Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development Deputy Director of Financial Affairs Adrian Blundell-Wignall said Friday an asset price bubble is already taking place in Asia, raising the prospect of inflation ahead.

"The asset bubble has already re-ignited...we've got the perfect carry trade at the moment," he said at a function in Sydney.

"Where can you borrow at zero, invest in better fundamentals and have no exchange rate risk because they manage their exchange rates? The answer is Asia," he said.

And as borrowing of Asian currencies increase as investment in these markets increases, monetary authorities in these economies will start rebuilding global holdings of foreign exchange reserves.

"Can (China) allow the equity market to get back up to where it goes back off the page? Because that's going to be a problem for them if they allow that to happen," he said.

"And then inflation becomes the next current threat."

He said asset inflation in Asia has already taken off as seen in house prices in Hong Kong and Singapore. :scared-4:

-By Sam Holmes, Dow Jones Newswires;

driftwave
07-08-09, 15:22
yup....quite a major one....ripped off quite a number of walls in the process as well.....but last time reno cost are much lower....

:eek: :scared-4: :( :scared-3: :scared-2: :scared-5:

look like quite dangerous for children...

driftwave, seem like you have major reno in your current home. :D

driftwave
07-08-09, 15:26
haha....just make sure u keep giving him good advise....the next thing he lose $, he is going to jump on u...whahaha.....

my work is also quite flexible, allowed me to monitor stock market and browse forum during office hour... haha :D ... even my boss consulted me on investment... :scared-2:

driftwave
07-08-09, 15:27
tats the norm now...esp on Fri....u see much lesser cars on the road on Fri morning...cos a lot of ppl r working from home...hahaha....

driftwave
07-08-09, 15:31
alamak....getting more twisted already...according to my floor plan...if i go for open concept, only my sink can be seen in the living/dining area....the cooker/hob will be next to the fridge which is nearer to the yard....

cos some of the wall remove now, if fengshui no good later then erect back? so must start thinking now mah.....

driftwave
07-08-09, 15:36
Sis ah....my cooker/hob is facing the other side....so w/o the wall, only my Sink is exposed....so no backing for the sink....my layout is B4....u will understand what i mean after seeing it....;)

forte
07-08-09, 15:45
haha...actually i have forgotten the exact location of the sink & hob. Got showflat to check out again. Anyone here can tell me?

was looking at my video, i think your stove & sink should interchange....i.e. the sink is besides the Refrigerator and the stove is diagonally opp to the sink....

noblebaby
07-08-09, 17:55
can we look at the video? :D

was looking at my video, i think your stove & sink should interchange....i.e. the sink is besides the Refrigerator and the stove is diagonally opp to the sink....

venus
07-08-09, 21:10
Sis ah....my cooker/hob is facing the other side....so w/o the wall, only my Sink is exposed....so no backing for the sink....my layout is B4....u will understand what i mean after seeing it....;)

ok i know what u mean now. there is supposed to be a wall dividing the kitchen and dining and now u want to tear down that wall down to make it open concept correct? Hob at its original position got a backing so no problem. Just in case u want to know why must hv backing....according to fengshui a stove without backing will lead to couple fighting, family having no peace and money problems.

I like this concept and i would probably do the same as well. Just wondering...nothing to do with fengshui lah. With your sink "exposed" water will splash to the dining floor when washing dishes. u thought of that?

kEN9170
07-08-09, 21:58
Looking at the construction photos taken in Mar09 by noblebaby and the subsequent photos update by me, I have a mixed feeling like watching my own child growing taller each day. :p

Construction Progress as on 14th March 2009 :)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6642/62294376.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8017/32806115.jpg