PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Water Lover
27-06-09, 10:31
hi,

i am staying at 19. Just curious where my behind bedroom will be facing. So looks like nothing yet for my block.....

Been reading the postings all along although just been a slient reader as not much to contribute.

Hi Forte,

Same block as you. Mine should be facing the small playground overlooking the HDB block and carpark. Blocked by the big tree, could not see much from photos.

Wonder how princessmum could captured the site earlier on.
Princessmum - can update pls once block 766 is up, thanks.

As construction progresses, the development looks rather "crampy". Seems not much space left for my dream swimming pool & other facilities. Hope not like Baywater.:doh:

Not much contribution lately coz busy working for $ to pay for house...:scared-3: Interesting to see so many financial guys in the forum giving analysis & investment tips.

Looks like quite no. buyers are in the finance related job. Considering to switch to finance job liao:spliff:

princessmum
27-06-09, 11:23
Hi Water Lover

I also have the same concern about the space of the project.
That's why I asked about the plot size in my earlier post.
They seem to be building the units very near the edge of the plot.(near to fence)
Look at the front stacks! It is almost next to the road.
Hope they will put in nice fence and plenty of trees/plants to provide privacy.:)

Plus points is, if we compare to Baywater / Waterfront Key, their plot area is even smaller. Think will be worse.

noblebaby
27-06-09, 12:46
Singapore REITS by Nomura

Which Way? Yield Gaps: Tread Carefully

Eventually found a way to break the original PDF into two files with smaller file size... :D

noblebaby
28-06-09, 12:28
Research Report: Singapore Residential

Real Estate Values to Rise in 2010 - by UBS

noblebaby
28-06-09, 14:30
Research Coverage: Singapore Integrated Resorts

Red Dot Roulette - by CLSA

Genting Singapore! :D

momoliu
28-06-09, 17:09
Hmm, I think The Key has a bigger plot size but they'll also have more stacks too. I visited the showflat yesterday to see if it's ready (not quite ready for prime time) and read The Key's soft launch information/layout.

Hi Water Lover

They seem to be building the units very near the edge of the plot.(near to fence)
Hope they will put in nice fence and plenty of trees/plants to provide privacy.:)

Plus points is, if we compare to Baywater / Waterfront Key, their plot area is even smaller. Think will be worse.

forte
28-06-09, 22:39
Hi Water Lover

Hi,

I am also concern if it will be too cramp especially mine is facing internal hopefully not too close to the opposite block.....i did ask how far the blocks will be and this is approx what i was told by the agents

Blk 29 to Blk 3 approx 65m
Blk 20 to Blk 7 approx 45m

jitkiat
28-06-09, 23:06
Hi,

I am also concern if it will be too cramp especially mine is facing internal hopefully not too close to the opposite block.....i did ask how far the blocks will be and this is approx what i was told by the agents

Don't you have a super accurate site plan drawn by architect? In DBR, some of the 2brs facing inside are only 20m away from the opposite stacks, most stacks are only 10m away from fences. And the psf pricing is cheap if you are only 20m away from your neighbours ... :D

proud owner
28-06-09, 23:25
Hi,

haha

so now all the waterfront gang can get together inside your respective unit and still be 'close'

kEN9170
29-06-09, 18:03
Construction site update as of 29-Jun-09

Stack 24-25, 26-29
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9004/stack25.jpg

Stack 21-22 (sorry, cannot find a good spot to take a better view of the stacks)
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5950/stack2122.jpg

Water Lover
29-06-09, 19:59
Ken,

Thanks for the effort. Good enough

noblebaby
29-06-09, 22:11
I don't think the distance between stacks is too "crampy"... Below are some analysis I did together with Ken last week.

Photo 1:

The underground carpark will be partially "emerged" from the ground (to provide good air circulation?!?). Therefore, every thing including the stacks, play grounds, etc, will all be built on top of the carpark. The distance between stacks 11 & 12 and stacks 15, 16, 17 & 18 will be the size of the children splash pool, and it's on top of the carpark! :D

Photo 2:

Tennis courts is again on top of the car park... if you look at this photo carefully, you can find the location of the jogging track and the patio of the ground floor unit... I let you guys to find out... :D

Photo 3:

The ground floor unit is actually 1 or 2 meters higher relatives to the main road... Therefore, the entire WFW plateau will be elevated!!! :D

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/641/78726509.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8861/31349543.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5894/26434746.jpg

noblebaby
29-06-09, 22:14
Hi WFW Crazy members:

No need to worry, so far the construction looks great! Pls. comment (if any), and may post more analysis in the future... :D

kEN9170
29-06-09, 22:21
Hi WFW Crazy members:

No need to worry, so far the construction looks great! Pls. comment (if any), and may post more analysis in the future... :D

Noblebaby, well done! This is the BEST ANALYSIS site report that i have seen and only in WFW thread. :cheers6:

I will continue to contribute site progress photos...:D

princessmum
29-06-09, 22:43
Hi guys
You're just great!
Its a really detailed analysis.:D
I can visualise the project much better with your pics and overlay.
I'm getting more excited day by day with the progress...
Hope TOP can be earlier ;)

* BTW, my understanding is that the BBQ pit is not supposed to be in the location indicated in Pic 2. It's supposed to be by the canal side right? :confused:

noblebaby
29-06-09, 22:49
Princess, there are another 2 smaller BBQ pit near to the canal... total of 3 BBQ pits near the tennis courts... :D

Hi guys
You're just great!
Its a really detailed analysis.:D
I can visualise the project much better with your pics and overlay.
I'm getting more excited day by day with the progress...
Hope TOP can be earlier ;)

* BTW, my understanding is that the BBQ pit is not supposed to be in the location indicated in Pic 2. It's supposed to be by the canal side right? :confused:

princessmum
29-06-09, 23:04
Hi Noblebaby

U sure? :scared-4:
I asked the agent 3 times lei.
She say its not a BBQ pit. Just a pavilion ..
The 3rd BBQ pit is near the children's pool.

I checked the layout drawing. Also indicated there's no BBQ pit there.
I dun quite fancy BBQ smell every weekend ...

noblebaby
29-06-09, 23:19
haha... actually I also don't wish that is a BBQ pit... hope I'm wrong :p

Hi Noblebaby

forte
30-06-09, 21:27
Hi Guys,

Great Job!!! Thanks for all the detailed explanation. I am also excited and hopefully the TOP can be faster. But a pity so far from the photos have not seen much on my stack 19 yet. Seems like that big tree is blocking or really nothing built yet?

kEN9170
30-06-09, 21:36
Hi Guys,

Great Job!!! Thanks for all the detailed explanation. I am also excited and hopefully the TOP can be faster. But a pity so far from the photos have not seen much on my stack 19 yet. Seems like that big tree is blocking or really nothing built yet?

Hi forte, refer to post #1260 for stack 19-21 photo. Cant really see much..but i have tried my best standing on top of the play slide to take this pic. :ashamed1:

noblebaby
30-06-09, 21:47
Ken, what you can do next time is to stand near to the fencing, then put your hands high up with your camera and then keep shoting... :D

Hi forte, refer to post #1260 for stack 19-21 photo. Cant really see much..but i have tried my best standing on top of the play slide to take this pic. :ashamed1:

forte
30-06-09, 22:42

Hi Ken,

You already done a fantastic job! Thanks for the photos update i know you have done your best. :)

I have visited the site once before as well but that was quite sometime ago and i think the HDB flats are not directly facing WFW thats why its not easy to get a full complete view also...

kEN9170
30-06-09, 22:53
Ken, what you can do next time is to stand near to the fencing, then put your hands high up with your camera and then keep shoting... :D

I would love to do that...but due to personal height restriction...haiz....:banghead: .

WF Constructor
30-06-09, 23:38
Nice shots of our construction, great job!

We are progressing well!!!

WF Constructor
30-06-09, 23:40
Long time didn't see Roger posting, he must be busy with other D16 properties. Meet him at the showflat some time.

young_investor
01-07-09, 12:56
Hi everyone,

I just bought a unit on stack 20 couple of days back..took me almost 2 hrs to read thru all the postings..haha..and im certainly impressed with all the hard work of my future neighbours..really fantastic!

I'm 1st time property buyer so lots to learn from all of you..

eagerly anticipating the bbq gathering on TOP..haha.. = )

Cheers..

noblebaby
01-07-09, 12:59
Yoyo, another new member!!! :D

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

noblebaby
01-07-09, 13:02
Congrats and welcome!!!

So is stack 20 fully sold? Any info on the available unit, and is there any price increament?

Hi everyone,

I just bought a unit on stack 20 couple of days back..took me almost 2 hrs to read thru all the postings..haha..and im certainly impressed with all the hard work of my future neighbours..really fantastic!

Cheers..

kEN9170
01-07-09, 13:46
Hi young_investor, A warm welcome to our WFW Crazy Family Club. :cheers6:
Care to share why u choose WFW?

Hi everyone,

Cheers..

young_investor
01-07-09, 15:30
Congrats and welcome!!!

So is stack 20 fully sold? Any info on the available unit, and is there any price increament?

I think its just #2, #3 and #14 left.. not sure if there's any price increment but i bought mine at abt $695psf, high floor..

I think WFW has a fantastic location bcos of its proximity to bedok reservoir and town park..its also near various expressways and getting to town takes less than 30mins..a colleague who stays at the HDB behind WFW also says that the surroundings are generally nice and peaceful..My gf also likes the environment (reservoir + park) so we thought it would be good place for us to move in after marriage (planned in 2011)..

From an investment point of view, being near Changi Business Park, United World College and 4th Singapore University should ensure no lack of rental demand..

I guess the only drawback would be the current lack of public transport nearby..heard from my colleague its not very convenient getting around without a car..so hopefully that will be resolved by the shuttle bus and future mrt station at bedok reservoir..

WolleyDragon
01-07-09, 16:02
Hi Noblebaby

If it's a really BBQ pit, maybe you can write in to the WW project team to change the layout? move it somewhere?

noblebaby
01-07-09, 16:08
From investment point of view, do you think spending close to $1.1Mil on a 99LH project worth it?

For me, the reservoir + park + peaceful surrounding worth more than what I paid... Bought for own stay, not invest... :D

I think its just #2, #3 and #14 left.. not sure if there's any price increment but i bought mine at abt $695psf, high floor..

I think WFW has a fantastic location bcos of its proximity to bedok reservoir and town park..its also near various expressways and getting to town takes less than 30mins..a colleague who stays at the HDB behind WFW also says that the surroundings are generally nice and peaceful..My gf also likes the environment (reservoir + park) so we thought it would be good place for us to move in after marriage (planned in 2011)..

From an investment point of view, being near Changi Business Park, United World College and 4th Singapore University should ensure no lack of rental demand..

I guess the only drawback would be the current lack of public transport nearby..heard from my colleague its not very convenient getting around without a car..so hopefully that will be resolved by the shuttle bus and future mrt station at bedok reservoir..

noblebaby
01-07-09, 16:10
Photo 1:

The underground carpark will be partially "emerged" from the ground (to provide good air circulation?!?). Therefore, every thing including the stacks, play grounds, etc, will all be built on top of the carpark. The distance between stacks 11 & 12 and stacks 15, 16, 17 & 18 will be the size of the children splash pool, and it's on top of the carpark! :D

Photo 2:

Tennis courts is again on top of the car park... if you look at this photo carefully, you can find the location of the jogging track and the patio of the ground floor unit... I let you guys to find out... :D

Photo 3:

The ground floor unit is actually 1 or 2 meters higher relatives to the main road... Therefore, the entire WFW plateau will be elevated!!! :D

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/641/78726509.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8861/31349543.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5894/26434746.jpg

young_investor
01-07-09, 16:35
From investment point of view, do you think spending close to $1.1Mil on a 99LH project worth it?

For me, the reservoir + park + peaceful surrounding worth more than what I paid... Bought for own stay, not invest... :D

As Singaporeans become more affluent and desire a higher quality of living, I believe the demand for such waterfront projects will increase. The reason why I chose a larger unit is because I think developers nowadays generally like to build many small units rather than few large units. Though demographics factors may suggest higher demand for smaller units, I believe that there will still be many who are willing to pay a premium for space. I'm not so concerned abt LH and FH because I dun foresee the lifespan of WFW to be more than 20 years (40 years max).

Despite the above, I would still think that my primary objective is for own stay rather than investment. Then again, isnt that an investment as well? (spending 1.1m and reap dividends from personal and family joy).. :)

kEN9170
01-07-09, 16:45
Hi young_investor,

We bot WFW because of the surrounding environment too. Love the reservoir & town park.

No worry abt the public transport. Here are the list of buses going pass Waterfront Waves currently
Bus no :-
2N - MARINA CTR TER
5 - BT MERAH INT / PASIR RIS INT
21 - ST. MICHAEL'S TER / PASIR RIS INT
22 - ANG MO KIO INT / TAMPINES INT
59 - BISHAN INT / CHANGI VILLAGE TER
65 - HARBOURFRONT INT / TAMPINES INT
66 - JURONG EAST INT / BEDOK INT
228 - BEDOK INT (Loop)
506 - JURONG EAST INT / UPP EAST COAST TER
CT18 - NEW BRIDGE RD TER / BEDOK INT
SS2 - BEDOK INT / BEDOK
You can check the details of bus journey over here
http://www.sbstransit.com.sg

icy
01-07-09, 21:55
Hi everyone,

Cheers..
Hi welcome... :) I am on stack 20 too.

cheahsg
01-07-09, 23:02
Welcome welcome to the crazy family....

Yup no price increment, stack 20 still on starbuy price...

driftwave
03-07-09, 00:55
Hi Everyone! think i'm one of the newest kid in the block :ashamed1: .
Hope I did not miss out the action so far....I bought my unit early May at 631psf, high floor...after going thru all the new developments in the vicinity, I still think this is a nice place to be......most imptly, all the bedrooms r big enough for my kids...been to others where the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms cant fit two normal single beds....of course I there are many more reasons but shall not list out here....

btw, wat is the outcome of the water slide? I would like to put in a request as well...my 2 sons would definately love it....pls advise who to write in to and if there is a template to share, can PM me? Thks! Looking forward to meet u great neighbours....

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20
Driftwave - 16

kEN9170
03-07-09, 09:30
Hi driftwave, welcome to our WFW crazy family.:cheers6:

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

For the waterslides, last update from FCL staff - Yunn Ru, the project team is still reviewing the matter. You may like to write in your request to her ([email protected]). :)

cheahsg
03-07-09, 12:01
Welcome welcome...

The crazy family is really getting bigger and bigger...

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

For the waterslides, last update from FCL staff - Yunn Ru, the project team is still reviewing the matter. You may like to write in your request to her ([email protected]). :)

proud owner
03-07-09, 12:05
Welcome welcome...

The crazy family is really getting bigger and bigger...

such a happy group here ... i am not a WFW owner i so jealous

you know .. you guys can form the committee next time ...

noblebaby
03-07-09, 12:58
Although WFW is not a FH condo at prime area, but we are still very excited and really can't wait for our BBQ crazy party upon T.O.P!!! :D

driftwave
03-07-09, 13:49
Pls count me in...Thks!

Although WFW is not a FH condo at prime area, but we are still very excited and really can't wait for our BBQ crazy party upon T.O.P!!! :D

driftwave
03-07-09, 13:58
Thks! I just dropped an email to them to with the request. Hope they can put in a slide for us. Did told them that new project like Mi Casa have it why WFW dun hv....since the theme is more of a water place, so a slide seems appropriate as well...hahaha.....the children can "Live Where They Play" as well.....:cool-punk-headbange

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

proud owner
03-07-09, 14:20
Thks! I just dropped an email to them to with the request. Hope they can put in a slide for us. Did told them that new project like Mi Casa have it why WFW dun hv....since the theme is more of a water place, so a slide seems appropriate as well...hahaha.....the children can "Live Where They Play" as well.....:cool-punk-headbange

can like that one meh ? although it costs nothing to the developer
but agreeing to your request opens the door to more people asking for other stuff ...

developer cant take that risk ...
some buyer can also say WATER mah ... likes request for a Dolphin fountain like in sentosa ...then how ?

WolleyDragon
03-07-09, 15:17
but agreeing to your request opens the door to more people asking for other stuff ...

some buyer can also say WATER mah ... likes request for a Dolphin fountain like in sentosa ...then how ?

I also cannot understand.. every thing can also write in and request.. macham like writing to MP like that..

Folks, If you want improvements to your project, don't be a cheapskate.. do it when TOP is past, form your own residence's committee and make the necessary changes (your can even have your own water theme park.. provided you gather enough votes and the necessary funds)

WolleyDragon
03-07-09, 15:20

I think some of them already dreaming of being committee members..

rainy
03-07-09, 15:43
I also cannot understand.. every thing can also write in and request.. macham like writing to MP like that..

Folks, If you want improvements to your project, don't be a cheapskate.. do it when TOP is past, form your own residence's committee and make the necessary changes (your can even have your own water theme park.. provided you gather enough votes and the necessary funds)

:spliff: well, if you don't ask, you will never get it. So, why not try asking? :D
if fcl decides to add the water slide, the resident need not fork out their funds :rolleyes: better to be cheapskate than to act highclass :doh:

noblebaby
03-07-09, 16:08
Agreed, if you never ask, you will never know... We are not cheapskate, we are just requesting some extra small thing for the children... We are not requesting an indoor tennis court man!!! :tongue3:

:spliff: well, if you don't ask, you will never get it. So, why not try asking? :D
if fcl decides to add the water slide, the resident need not fork out their funds :rolleyes: better to be cheapskate than to act highclass :doh:

cheahsg
03-07-09, 16:10
Yo, you bought a unit in waterfront?...

noblebaby
03-07-09, 16:13
I hope he is not... if he owns a unit, better don't let me know his face...! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Yo, you bought a unit in waterfront?...

Altough this is public forum. But if you have read the past threads, we haven't got people trying to stir shit here for quite a while. So lets NOT start one now..

Thank you for your 2 cents worth...

kEN9170
03-07-09, 17:04
I hope he is not... if he owns a unit, better don't let me know his face...! :hell-hath-no-fury:

bro, think u know his face.....:D

Mr Dragon
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1103/dragon.jpg

1kcirdenk
03-07-09, 20:39
Hi Everyone! think i'm one of the newest kid in the block :ashamed1: .
Hope I did not miss out the action so far....I bought my unit early May at 631psf, high floor...after going thru all the new developments in the vicinity, I still think this is a nice place to be......most imptly, all the bedrooms r big enough for my kids...been to others where the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms cant fit two normal single beds....of course I there are many more reasons but shall not list out here....

btw, wat is the outcome of the water slide? I would like to put in a request as well...my 2 sons would definately love it....pls advise who to write in to and if there is a template to share, can PM me? Thks! Looking forward to meet u great neighbours....

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20
Driftwave - 16

Hi Driftwave, welcome welcome...I'm at stack 16 too ;)

daphne
03-07-09, 22:31
hi

i am new to the forum. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for investment purpose and did consider WFW as well. Can anyone advise me how is the layout for 2 bedroom and what was the launched price?

thanks!

driftwave
03-07-09, 22:34
if you neber ask, you neber noe....at least I tried....die w/o any regrets....if cannot then be it....just like when u get a carpark summon, ppl will still write in to appeal...sometime u get the waiver while some other time not....but at least there is still a certain %.

driftwave
03-07-09, 22:40
You neber noe rite? What if they really give us a simple slide out of good will?....u may say that I naive to think this way....but then life is full of unexpected...if everyone keep the mouth shut....then everything you wont get....the bare minimal is I dare to asked, I'm not taking them to gun point and say that they must.....just seeing how generous they r.....

driftwave
03-07-09, 22:42
Hi 1kcirdenk! Thk! we will be neighbours soon...in 2.5yrs time...hahaha....

Hi Driftwave, welcome welcome...I'm at stack 16 too ;)

noblebaby
03-07-09, 22:50
Hi daphne, I believed that all the 2-bedroom unit have been fully sold out now.

You may want to consider the 3-bedroom... what is your budget?

hi

i am new to the forum. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for investment purpose and did consider WFW as well. Can anyone advise me how is the layout for 2 bedroom and what was the launched price?

thanks!

kEN9170
03-07-09, 22:53
hi

thanks!

hi daphne, you can check out from here http://www.waterfrontwaves.com.sg/

noblebaby
03-07-09, 22:53
2.5 yrs?!? :scared-4:

Based on current construction progress, I think max. 2 years to T.O.P from now... :D :p

Hi 1kcirdenk! Thk! we will be neighbours soon...in 2.5yrs time...hahaha....

daphne
03-07-09, 22:58
thanks.

i honestly cannot afford a 3 bedroom. Budget around 600K +/-

Hi daphne, I believed that all the 2-bedroom unit have been fully sold out now.

You may want to consider the 3-bedroom... what is your budget?

noblebaby
03-07-09, 23:03
Expected date of completion... A signboard at the construction site. :D

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7076/07aa.jpg

WF Constructor
03-07-09, 23:11
More than 75% sold to date ;)

thanks.

seowhazel
03-07-09, 23:14
hi join the waterfront waves group at facebook .:)

kEN9170
03-07-09, 23:19

hihi, you had a unit in wfw?

noblebaby
03-07-09, 23:26
You have a unit? Interested to join the WFW crazy club?

hihi, maybe can invite those members from Facebook to join us here... I think this WFW thread is more lively than some where else. Cheers! :p

icy
03-07-09, 23:36
2.5 yrs?!? :scared-4:

Based on current construction progress, I think max. 2 years to T.O.P from now... :D :p
I hope it would be earlier too. Then i have to start research on pre-school for my kid.

kEN9170
03-07-09, 23:40
I hope it would be earlier too. Then i have to start research on pre-school for my kid.

hi icy, for pre-school, you may like to consider My First Classroom (http://www.myfirstclassroom.com/). I have no regret sending my daughters there. My younger one in K2 this year.:)

icy
03-07-09, 23:51
hi icy, for pre-school, you may like to consider My First Classroom (http://www.myfirstclassroom.com/). I have no regret sending my daughters there. My younger one in K2 this year.:)
Thanks for sharing, I will put that down on my list. Does it has long waiting list that needs to enroll way in advance. Anyway my boy is still young.. :) He will only start nursery in yr 2011.

So you have to consider new primary school for your girl this year? Or she can follow her Jie jie?

kEN9170
04-07-09, 00:00
Thanks for sharing, I will put that down on my list. Does it has long waiting list that needs to enroll way in advance. Anyway my boy is still young.. :) He will only start nursery in yr 2011.

So you have to consider new primary school for your girl this year? Or she can follow her Jie jie?

Just need to call up the school to register your interest. Resonable school fees & good curriculum.

She will follow her elder sis in Red Swastika.

driftwave
04-07-09, 10:30
Hi, is the WFW group created in Facebook? Can't find it....Maybe I'm searching for the wrong name...pls advise. Thks!

seowhazel
04-07-09, 11:28
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8548246826
;0

driftwave
04-07-09, 11:53
Thanks a bunch!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8548246826
;0

WolleyDragon
04-07-09, 15:23

why? you're going to do something?? :)

Water Lover
04-07-09, 15:48
thanks.

I think you have missed the boat. There was a starbuy somewhere end last year till early this year around your budget if you don't mind not so good facing. I bought my 2 bd room early last year at quite a high price early last year. Back then Agent said developer will not lower price ???
Anyway quite happy with the purchase as I like the spacious design and location. Do not like hunting around. No. of units not too many just nice to share the facilities with 400+ neighbours ;)

jitkiat
04-07-09, 15:51
hi

thanks!

Tot Waterfront Keys is coming with many 2brs ?? Even u miss that, there is still another one near Damai school. And then there is DBSS Bedok Reservoir also.

noblebaby
04-07-09, 16:05
Any one care about the pathetic bank saving interest rate? It has been lowered again... :banghead:

Please share with us if you have better way to get good return from your hard earned money. :)

Personally, I prefer some of the S-REITs, with an average yield of 8% per year. Some articles to share here.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7127/sreits.png

icy
04-07-09, 21:50
Just need to call up the school to register your interest. Resonable school fees & good curriculum.

She will follow her elder sis in Red Swastika.oh, that's great. Primary school will be another headache for me next time. :doh:

young_investor
05-07-09, 11:52
Any one care about the pathetic bank saving interest rate? It has been lowered again... :banghead:

Please share with us if you have better way to get good return from your hard earned money. :)

Personally, I prefer some of the S-REITs, with an average yield of 8% per year. Some articles to share here.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7127/sreits.png

It really depends on how much risk you are willing to take..Most REITS are quite highly leveraged so you might still lose a substantial amt of your investment if the company folds up or ends up having to sell properties at fire sale prices to maintain positive equity in the event of another severe downturn. Other less risky alternatives would include preference shares issued by local banks which yield abt 4-5% or Singapore govt bonds (risk free yield of between 0.4%-3% depending on time to maturity)..

noblebaby
05-07-09, 16:21
Scheduled for launch in the later part of July is the second phase of the Bedok Waterfront project that Far East Organization is developing jointly with Fraser Centerpoint. The first phase, Waterfront Waves, has seen 300 units of a total of 405 sold to date, at prices averaging $725 psf.

The 437-unit second phase is called Waterfront Key, and prices are likely to be 8% to 10% higher than those achieved at Waterfront Waves. "That's because Waterfront Key has a better orientation in terms of the number of units that face the Bedok Reservoir and the Bedok Town Park," says Cheang Kok Kheong, cheif operating officer of Frasers Centrepoint Homes.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3798/95863074.png

noblebaby
05-07-09, 16:44
As an investor, first of all is to do tones of research and be selective to minimize risks... :D

It really depends on how much risk you are willing to take..Most REITS are quite highly leveraged so you might still lose a substantial amt of your investment if the company folds up or ends up having to sell properties at fire sale prices to maintain positive equity in the event of another severe downturn. Other less risky alternatives would include preference shares issued by local banks which yield abt 4-5% or Singapore govt bonds (risk free yield of between 0.4%-3% depending on time to maturity)..

Water Lover
05-07-09, 17:39
As an investor, first of all is to do tones of research and be selective to minimize risks... :D

My financial adviser told me b4 the crash, the subprime housing problem was a small problem. His company had all the expert and latest information to support this and advise clients should continue to invest in emerging markets for long term.

Lucky never listen. I guess many of his client now have big hole in their pockets. Though most have use CPF money but still hard earned money.

"long term" wonder still feasible in this era...

The irony is crash or boom... he is still getting regular commission from the outstanding investment amt of his clients..Don't undertsand what kind of logic, give wrong advice still get paid..??

Seriously wonder retail investors have the time to screen through all the different reports or research by themselves. I would just wait for market to correct and buy some blue chips to keep.

Would choose to sleep soundly:sleep: then having sleepness nights or heart attack:scared-1: and not being able to focus on your job:beats-me-man:

I am not a financial expert, just what I observed from experience and chose to be a kiasu investor.;)

august
05-07-09, 18:18
My financial adviser told me b4 the crash, the subprime housing problem was a small problem. His company had all the expert and latest information to support this and advise clients should continue to invest in emerging markets for long term.

Lucky never listen. I guess many of his client now have big hole in their pockets. Though most have use CPF money but still hard earned money.

The irony is crash or boom... he is still getting regular commission from the outstanding investment amt of his clients..Don't undertsand what kind of logic, give wrong advice still get paid..??

Seriously wonder retail investors have the time to screen through all the different reports or research by themselves. I would just wait for market to correct and buy some blue chips to keep.

Would choose to sleep soundly:sleep: then having sleepness nights or heart attack:scared-1: and not being able to focus on your job:beats-me-man:

I am not a financial expert, just what I observed from experience and chose to be a kiasu investor.;)

which is why the financial industry needs a complete shake up, wonder what MAS is doing? probably :sleep: ...

ClemenceLY
05-07-09, 21:58
Appreciate anyone who could recall the $psf for waterfront waves on units with full reservoir view.

In general, if waterfront KEY is 8~10% more expensive, slightly more units built but plot area smaller than waterfront waves, would this dev still be value for $ ?

Douk
05-07-09, 23:08
Appreciate anyone who could recall the $psf for waterfront waves on units with full reservoir view.

In general, if waterfront KEY is 8~10% more expensive, slightly more units built but plot area smaller than waterfront waves, would this dev still be value for $ ?

the last time, 3 months ago, i knew was 800psf ++.

cheahsg
06-07-09, 10:14
We are not doing anything cos the chances we are not going to see your face... haha becos its full of shit from what you are stirring up.

why? you're going to do something?? :)

cheahsg
06-07-09, 10:16
Waterfront have raised the prices again... to be in line with The Key prices. Heard its going to be at least $750 psf for The Key.

the last time, 3 months ago, i knew was 800psf ++.

noblebaby
06-07-09, 10:57
Cheahsg, how much is the current price for WFW? Pls. share with us if you have the updated price list for WFW. tx!

$750 psf for The Key is quite high, unless those units facing reservoir...

Waterfront have raised the prices again... to be in line with The Key prices. Heard its going to be at least $750 psf for The Key.

cheahsg
06-07-09, 11:24
They are increasing the strbu price for WFW by another 2-3%...

Facing reservoir can be higher...

Reason being for The Key from $750 psf is that the units are much smaller than WFW so the quantum is lower. There are more 2 bedders and the 3 bedders is even smaller that our stack 25. About 1100 sqft. So selling price will be about the same as WFW but only units are smaller...

WFW now left aboit 100 units while there are same stacks not even launch yet. Cos once The Key is launch, buyer may find units too small, so they may come back to the WFW for the bigger units.

Cheahsg, how much is the current price for WFW? Pls. share with us if you have the updated price list for WFW. tx!

$750 psf for The Key is quite high, unless those units facing reservoir...

noblebaby
06-07-09, 12:04
Another factor that may lure buyers to WFW is the T.O.P... I expect the T.O.P for The Key will be in 2014... Construction will not start until next year... Economy still face alot of uncertainty, don't think ppl will pay higher price and wait for a long time for their unit to be ready...

They are increasing the strbu price for WFW by another 2-3%...

Facing reservoir can be higher...

Reason being for The Key from $750 psf is that the units are much smaller than WFW so the quantum is lower. There are more 2 bedders and the 3 bedders is even smaller that our stack 25. About 1100 sqft. So selling price will be about the same as WFW but only units are smaller...

WFW now left aboit 100 units while there are same stacks not even launch yet. Cos once The Key is launch, buyer may find units too small, so they may come back to the WFW for the bigger units.

stanchan
06-07-09, 12:23
Hi, just looked up the URA website. Seems that the number of caveats logged since WFW's launch till May 09 is only 82? I know that the caveats are only logged upon confirmation of S&P so there's probably a month's delay but 82 units up till early May aint too good right?

Does anyone know the actual % of units sold?

cheahsg
06-07-09, 12:34
The URA website gives your only the past 12 months and only when developer lodged it after they rec'd your 15%...

To date, 300 units out of 400 units has been sold.

Hi, just looked up the URA website. Seems that the number of caveats logged since WFW's launch till May 09 is only 82? I know that the caveats are only logged upon confirmation of S&P so there's probably a month's delay but 82 units up till early May aint too good right?

Does anyone know the actual % of units sold?

stanchan
06-07-09, 12:47
Thanks, seriously considering a unit, hence wanting to reaffirm what the agents said. I would prefer the bigger units at WFW vs the new development next door. But there are no more reservoir facing units for WFW :(

The URA website gives your only the past 12 months and only when developer lodged it after they rec'd your 15%...

To date, 300 units out of 400 units has been sold.

noblebaby
06-07-09, 12:59
unit facing reservoir no more? Dont think so, i think the developer keep it and not selling it under starbuy...

Facing reservoir is more than 1.1mil for 3 bedroom

Thanks, seriously considering a unit, hence wanting to reaffirm what the agents said. I would prefer the bigger units at WFW vs the new development next door. But there are no more reservoir facing units for WFW :(

cheahsg
06-07-09, 13:23
Yes, there are some stacks facing the reservoir not release at all... developer will wait till market becomes better or nearer to TOP

unit facing reservoir no more? Dont think so, i think the developer keep it and not selling it under starbuy...

Facing reservoir is more than 1.1mil for 3 bedroom

cheahsg
06-07-09, 13:24
Quickly and join the crazy family of WFW... haha

noblebaby
06-07-09, 13:36
WFW Crazy Club Member as of 6 July 09 :D

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

icy
06-07-09, 16:50
I think there is some more reservoir facing. stack 28 and 29.. selling at 800++psf. No drop from the initil launch price.

noblebaby
06-07-09, 17:11
Think stack 28 & 29 sold out liao :p

I think there is some more reservoir facing. stack 28 and 29.. selling at 800++psf. No drop from the initil launch price.

noblebaby
06-07-09, 17:17
If you really interested and die die want a unit facing reservoir, talk directly to the developer at the showroom and offer a price... The agent may tell you "no more" unit facing reservior and direct you to other unit... developer just keeping the good unit and waiting for good offer.

Faster buy one and join our club, haha. :)

icy
06-07-09, 17:39
:scared-4: woah... I thought there are still some more. Actually went to the showflat when the 2 stack are launched. Agent did not even want to talk much abt these 2 stacks, except the lower floor units becos developer only willing to sell at launch price.

momoliu
07-07-09, 09:07
Yes, I can confirm that. Was at the showflat 2 weekends ago. There are at least 1 whole stack of stack 13 (reservoir-facing) left untouched and multiple units are available in stack 14 (reservoir-facing too)...

noblebaby
07-07-09, 09:12
Heard showflat closed to prepare for The Key launching... may affect the sales of WFW this month... :mad:

Yes, I can confirm that. Was at the showflat 2 weekends ago. There are at least 1 whole stack of stack 13 (reservoir-facing) left untouched and multiple units are available in stack 14 (reservoir-facing too)...

kEN9170
07-07-09, 09:23
Heard showflat closed to prepare for The Key launching... may affect the sales of WFW this month... :mad:

To prepare for coming Monday (13-Jul-09) Waterfront Key VIP preview launch.

jitkiat
07-07-09, 16:53
The first of four phases of the development located along the scenic Bedok Reservoir
Road will be known as WATERFRONT WAVES, while subsequent launches will have
their own unique condominium names. This phase of the development will launch a total
of 405 units, of which over 50% are 3 - 4 bedroom units, with more than 60% of all units
enjoying reservoir views.

=> Eventually about 1,600 units will be owner-occupied or still on sale when MRT is ready

noblebaby
07-07-09, 17:18
Then our current WFW crazy club will need to be expanded to Waterfront Crazy Club (WCC) by 2015, with members from all the 4 developments. Therefore, we can organize activities such as water sports competition every year, formed by the 4 teams.

Regarding to oversupply, I'm not worry at all... Singaporean are getting richer, with more FT coming in... Highly educated fresh grads with atleast a Master/PhD + MBA degree are increasing, these group of ppls can easily afford a home from the Waterfront collection. :)

The first of four phases of the development located along the scenic Bedok Reservoir
Road will be known as WATERFRONT WAVES, while subsequent launches will have
their own unique condominium names. This phase of the development will launch a total
of 405 units, of which over 50% are 3 - 4 bedroom units, with more than 60% of all units
enjoying reservoir views.

=> Eventually about 1,600 units will be owner-occupied or still on sale when MRT is ready

jitkiat
07-07-09, 17:29
Then our current WFW crazy club will need to be expanded to Waterfront Crazy Club (WCC) by 2015, with members from all the 4 developments. Therefore, we can organize activities such as water sports competition every year, formed by the 4 teams.

Regarding to oversupply, I'm not worry at all... Singaporean are getting richer, with more FT coming in... Highly educated fresh grads with atleast a Master/PhD + MBA degree are increasing, these group of ppls can easily afford a home from the Waterfront collection. :)

I wonder why there is no freehold properties around Bedok Reservoir.

noblebaby
07-07-09, 17:49
This one you need to ask URA... FH or LH is not important for most of the WFW buyers here... What we want is quality of living... Many of us here can afford to get a FH unit at better location... But the thing that attract us is the nature surrounding... Every day see talk buildings also boring la...

I wonder why there is no freehold properties around Bedok Reservoir.

jitkiat
07-07-09, 18:28
This one you need to ask URA... FH or LH is not important for most of the WFW buyers here... What we want is quality of living... Many of us here can afford to get a FH unit at better location... But the thing that attract us is the nature surrounding... Every day see talk buildings also boring la...
This one I have to agree. Typically me & kid will take bus number 5 from Simei, abt 5 mins, to visit Bedok Reservoir Park once in a while. It is very nice after rain. When my kid is older, will consider cycle via park connector there. Might consider moving there when MRT is ready :D ... Not just 99LH condo, I notice also no freehold landed properties around Bedok Reservoir ... strange

BTW, mainland chinese like condo facing water. When 4th uni is ready with enough chinese in the east, surely the value will go up. Heard many Caspian & Lakeshore owners/tenants are mainland Chinese (due to proximity to NUS/NTU).

noblebaby
07-07-09, 20:27
Research: Capitaland and its related Singapore-listed entities

proud owner
07-07-09, 20:40
This one I have to agree. Typically me & kid will take bus number 5 from Simei, abt 5 mins, to visit Bedok Reservoir Park once in a while. It is very nice after rain. When my kid is older, will consider cycle via park connector there. Might consider moving there when MRT is ready :D ... Not just 99LH condo, I notice also no freehold landed properties around Bedok Reservoir ... strange

BTW, mainland chinese like condo facing water. When 4th uni is ready with enough chinese in the east, surely the value will go up. Heard many Caspian & Lakeshore owners/tenants are mainland Chinese (due to proximity to NUS/NTU).

is WFW sold out ??

noblebaby
07-07-09, 21:22
Sales just cross 75% sold... very slow.....

is WFW sold out ??

cheahsg
07-07-09, 23:16
Slow is good... then less people occupy. Then the crazy can enjoy everything better....

Sales just cross 75% sold... very slow.....

cyl
07-07-09, 23:44
Slow is good... then less people occupy. Then the crazy can enjoy everything better....

Haha! That is partially true. Can someone remind me how much is the monthly conservancy charges for waterfront waves? I am ecstatic that the crazy club members are growing and even more excited when i see the fast progress of construction. Thank you ken for uploading the photos. Perhaps we can all meet up someday for coffee and then take a group picture at the construction site for memory. As for Ken and i, we already have met before. Now it will be the rest of the crazy club members that i cant wait to meet. :)

proud owner
07-07-09, 23:46
Haha! That is partially true. Can someone remind me how much is the monthly conservancy charges for waterfront waves? I am ecstatic that the crazy club members are growing and even more excited when i see the fast progress of construction. Thank you ken for uploading the photos. Perhaps we can all meet up someday for coffee and then take a group picture at the construction site for memory. As for Ken and i, we already have met before. Now it will be the rest of the crazy club members that i cant wait to meet. :)

i really admire the spirits on the group ...

whether it wil be a sell out project or not .. i am still happy for you guys .. well done

kEN9170
08-07-09, 08:52
Hi cyl,

Estimated for 3 bedr is $270.
Yeah...Crazy club members should meet-up someday for coffee..maybe we have already met them at the fengshui talk few months back! :D

jitkiat
08-07-09, 09:11
is WFW sold out ??
Nope. I did consider staying here but the problem I see is future oversupply, total about 1,600 units coming into market before MRT is ready. But once MRT is ready with construction noise/dust settling, it is quite close to town if you travel by MRT then worth investing. Again, for people who buy now, their primary purpose is to enjoy life, investment is secondary loh:D

And there is this uncertainty over location of MRT ... so wait till confirmed is safer ... also they are selling lakeview units at such ridiculuous prices

kEN9170
08-07-09, 09:58
Nope. I did consider staying here but the problem I see is future oversupply, total about 1,600 units coming into market before MRT is ready.

No of units (Bedok Reservoir)
Waterfront development : 1600
BayWater : 232
Aquarius By The Park : 720
The Clearwater : 420

Total No of Units : 2972

Did not include The Tropica (537 units) as the address is under Tampines though it is located on the other side of the lake.

If included : Total no of units = 3509

No of units (Simei)
Double Bay Residences : 646
Simei Green : 602
Mondena : 230
Tropical Spring : 242
Eastpoint Green : 684

Total No of Units : 2396

If i will to include the below 3 projects (which is further down the street) :
Changi Rise : 598
Savannah Condo Park : 648
Melville Park : 1232

Total no of units : 2478

Grand Total : 4874

cheahsg
08-07-09, 10:07
Yup... that is how we are going to have 6.5mil people by 2018. More people, more units. And most of them will be foreigners.

Did not include The Tropica (537 units) as the address is under Tampines though it is located on the other side of the lake.

No of units (Simei)

jitkiat
08-07-09, 10:11

No of units (Simei)

You are comparing existing occupied flats vs future supply where take-up rate and occupancy rate is still unknown. Anyway, let's see how is the response to Waterfront Keys first.

noblebaby
08-07-09, 10:58
Water Lover, is your financial adviser one of them??? Never trust these peoples...

Singapore bars 10 firms from selling structured notes

SINGAPORE: The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has, for the first time, imposed bans on the sale of structured notes by 10 financial institutions (FIs) which had distributed toxic structured notes linked to the collapsed US financial institution Lehman Brothers.

The bans took effect on July 1 and will remain in place until MAS is satisfied there are adequate measures to address the findings of its investigation into the sale of the failed structured products last year.

The 10 FIs are ABN Amro Bank, CIMB—GK Securities, DBS Bank, DMG and Partners Securities, Hong Leong Finance, Kim Eng Securities, Maybank, OCBC Securities, Philip Securities and UOB Kay Hian.

MAS revealed this as it released the findings of its investigations into the sale of the failed structured products last year.

The regulator found that the 10 FIs had policies, procedures and controls in place for the sale and marketing of the structured notes, but the extent of due diligence and level of internal controls differed among them.
As a result, MAS said there were various forms of non—compliance with its notices and guidelines on the sale and marketing of these investment products.

MAS said some of the specific failings included insufficient steps taken by some FIs to ensure that all their financial advisory representatives were properly trained before marketing and selling these products.

The regulator also noted that some FIs had assigned risk ratings to the products that were inconsistent with risk warnings stated in the prospectus and pricing statement.
According to MAS, there were also weaknesses in how some FIs ensured that their sales representatives were properly equipped with accurate and complete information about the structured notes.

As a preventive measure, the regulator said FIs must rectify all weaknesses identified in the investigations, appoint an external person identified by MAS to review action plans and report on implementation, and appoint senior management staff to oversee compliance with MAS’ direction.

MAS said that until it is satisfied with the measures put in place, the FIs will not be able to distribute structured notes.

MAS also gave details about how the FIs have compensated investors who bought structured notes.

Hong Leong Finance paid S$57.6 million to 2,048 investors who bought the structured notes that it distributed. This is the highest amount of compensation paid out to retail investors. Hong Leong Finance is also barred from selling structured notes for two years.

Maybank offered S$25.3 million to 1,100 investors, while ABN Amro paid 262 investors S$14.1 million.

DBS Bank compensated 197 investors S$7.6 million. The three banks will be banned from selling structured notes for six months. According to MAS, the total settlements for decided cases amounted to S$105 million.

The six brokerage firms, which also sold the structured notes, paid a total of S$2.74 million to 297 investors. UOB Kay Hian and DMG & Partners will get a six—month ban, while the others will be barred from selling structured notes for a year each.

noblebaby
08-07-09, 11:10
Waterfront need a MRT station, a new mall and an improved water features for the reservoir... and I wish to have more greenery and less CO... :D

You are comparing existing occupied flats vs future supply where take-up rate and occupancy rate is still unknown. Anyway, let's see how is the response to Waterfront Keys first.

jitkiat
08-07-09, 11:14
Waterfront need a MRT station, a new mall and an improved water features for the reservoir... and I wish to have more greenery and less CO... :D

Yes, will move there when MRT is up :D I am a lazy fellow, to me walking distance to MRT means 300m so I am not sure it will be at Bedok Reservoir Crescent or near Aquarius by the Park .. it has huge potential ...

driftwave
08-07-09, 12:09
probably can do a sum of all the district 15 too....i'm keen to know those numbers....:cheers4: All I can say, Singapore is still an island, there is no such things as oversupply if one looks at it on a strategic investment Vs a speculative thinking....Time will tell....

No of units (Simei)

WF Constructor
08-07-09, 12:58
Construction Progressing Well, Thanks for Your Support!

noblebaby
08-07-09, 16:20
Waterfront Living... :sleep:

http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/attachments/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/5486d1247026591-developer-sales-new-launches-this-week-click-here-to-find-out-whats-hot-waterfront-key.jpg

cyl
08-07-09, 23:24
Hey all,

I have got a question to ask. My friend is considering the DBSS at Bishan (Natural Loft). The agent quoted him a price at $680K for a five bedroom unit (120sqm).

Question is, is that worth it? I find that its really ridiculous paying such a price tag for a HDB flat. Then again, i maybe wrong as i am not sure about the market sentiments towards such projects.

P.S. I know its a thread for waterfront but i cant seem to find a thread for Natural loft) So do give me some comments on this.

Douk
08-07-09, 23:32
Hey all,

I have got a question to ask. My friend is considering the DBSS at Bishan (Natural Loft). The agent quoted him a price at $680K for a five bedroom unit (120sqm).

Question is, is that worth it? I find that its really ridiculous paying such a price tag for a HDB flat. Then again, i maybe wrong as i am not sure about the market sentiments towards such projects.

P.S. I know its a thread for waterfront but i cant seem to find a thread for Natural loft) So do give me some comments on this.

how is DBSS different from any HDB 5 years down the road ? the so call condo interior will be just as good as any HDB after 5 years. worst still, how many ppl willing to pay 700k for a resale hdb.. only a handful that set record..:2cents:

jitkiat
08-07-09, 23:33
Hey all,

If family not big, might as well buy 2br Rafflesia condo lah, nearer to MRT & opposite RI. Buy at this price, far from MRT, 6 years later want to sell 700k+ who will be so stupid to take over from you? Again, all the sellers from The Peak, Boon Keng, AMK & Simei DBSS all queue up to sell almost the same time. And what if developers lower prices to clear unsold units 6m down the road :banghead: They are not like FEO leh, die die hold at high psf for years

cyl
09-07-09, 00:27
Hi hi... Its me again. Miss Question here with a question.

Remember the agent saying that a free shuttle service will be provided from WFW to bedok interchange for the first year. I was thinking, would it be better if the shuttle service brings us to tampines interchange. Personally, i think that tampines has more to offer in terms of varity(Food, entertainment etc). While the area in bedok interchange seems limited. What do you guys think?

Douk
09-07-09, 10:30

Remember the agent saying that a free shuttle service will be provided from WFW to bedok interchange for the first year. I was thinking, would it be better if the shuttle service brings us to tampines interchange. Personally, i think that tampines has more to offer in terms of varity(Food, entertainment etc). While the area in bedok interchange seems limited. What do you guys think?

hey, what about raffles city !!:D

Water Lover
11-07-09, 10:24

You may be right if you are going to Tampines for leisure such as shoppings, food etc or for students, adults studying or working in the east.

But for those who work & study in town area or west area, they may prefer Bedok as they save a few stops of MRT travelling.

I wonder what is the operating hours? It makes a difference if the service caters for peak or non peak hours.

Savannah & Elias green provide permanent shuttle service. Cost shared by residents under MCST management. Wonder if WFW finds it feasible but then we don't know how much it cost.:spliff2:

But this will not be necessary comes 2016.....;) Hope earlier..

jitkiat
11-07-09, 10:40
You may be right if you are going to Tampines for leisure such as shoppings, food etc or for students, adults studying or working in the east.

But for those who work & study in town area or west area, they may prefer Bedok as they save a few stops of MRT travelling.

I wonder what is the operating hours? It makes a difference if the service caters for peak or non peak hours.

Savannah & Elias green provide permanent shuttle service. Cost shared by residents under MCST management. Wonder if WFW finds it feasible but then we don't know how much it cost.:spliff2:

Unlikely to be earlier, given the current recession. We do not even know where the DTL3 stations are right now. If work in town/west, Bedok Reservoir does not seem to be very ideal choice if you don't drive. You can interview Savannah's residents, taking shuttle is no fun at all.

kEN9170
11-07-09, 12:20

As per my last meet-up with someone working in LTA, DTL3 is still targeted for completion in 2016.

Water Lover
11-07-09, 14:16
Unlikely to be earlier, given the current recession. We do not even know where the DTL3 stations are right now. If work in town/west, Bedok Reservoir does not seem to be very ideal choice if you don't drive. You can interview Savannah's residents, taking shuttle is no fun at all.

Hi Kiat,
If the DTL station (underground) in 2016 at WFW will be as near as DBay which one will you buy?:rolleyes:
Ignore this question if you have already bought.:o

Water Lover
11-07-09, 14:41

Hi Kiat,

I have just interviewed one of the Savannah resident.
He told me he bought it because of it's exclusiveness which
is not near to any HDB blocks. He knew it is going to be inconvenience
in terms of transport. But he chose resort lifestyle over convenience of "high class" HDB living, afterall he drives and he guess most of those who bought have the same preferred lifesyle as him whom he like it.
Shuttle service did not come to his mind at all. It is just a bonus for his tai tai wife who is not working.;)

Water Lover
11-07-09, 15:20

Hi Kiat,

Buying Bedok Reservoir Condo will not make sense and will never ever make sense for those who buy just for investment. The reservoir will looks like a longkang to him. The park is just a ulu forested area to him. Only condomiium painted with dollar notes will be a good buy to him:2cents:

Water Lover
11-07-09, 19:11

Hi Kiat,

Now I understand why you are here...Just check DB forum.
Seemed not much interaction..can feel a bit bored. :)

noblebaby
11-07-09, 20:49
yeah, they dont have the crazy club like WFW... Must b boring there at DBR... Still looking for more new members to join the WFW crazy club...

Hi Kiat,

Now I understand why you are here...Just check DB forum.
Seemed not much interaction..can feel a bit bored. :)

jitkiat
11-07-09, 21:54
Hi Kiat,
If the DTL station (underground) in 2016 at WFW will be as near as DBay which one will you buy?:rolleyes:
Ignore this question if you have already bought.:o

Yes, I will. I will probably sell off DB and join you guys once MRT location is confirmed. Should still have unit left since 1,600 units in total. My current workplace also part of DTL3 ...:D

noblebaby
11-07-09, 22:07
join us?!? don't be so crazy to pay so much to get a unit at waterfront...

Yes, I will. I will probably sell off DB and join you guys once MRT location is confirmed. Should still have unit left since 1,600 units in total. My current workplace also part of DTL3 ...:D

jitkiat
11-07-09, 22:10
join us?!? don't be so crazy to pay so much to get a unit at waterfront...

Very high meh, guess only list price is high ? secondary market at bedok reservoir very affordable leh.

Water Lover
11-07-09, 23:19

Hi Kiat,

If that the case, most likely will see you then. Wait for the good news.....;)

driftwave
11-07-09, 23:36
I happened to drop by Natura Loft the other day, its interior is really like a condo, the master bedroom planter (balcony) overlooking the city....cool.... but then for $680K for Bishan HDB....fyi, in early May, some WFW mid floor 3 bedders (1281sqft) are going at $760K only.....need i say more?

Hey all,

sleek
11-07-09, 23:58
I happened to drop by Natura Loft the other day, its interior is really like a condo, the master bedroom planter (balcony) overlooking the city....cool.... but then for $680K for Bishan HDB....fyi, in early May, some WFW mid floor 3 bedders (1281sqft) are going at $760K only.....need i say more?

Just my 2:2cents: here. The Natura Loft is priced considering that the 5-rooms HDB in the area are already selling around $600K, so with the "condo" feel adds the price premium. Another attractiveness of the DBSS is the availability of the HDB loan, which makes one feels more secured.

Anyway cyl, this forum are for condos & such, so naturally there won't be any thread on public housing. You can do a web search for other forums that will have much discussion on Natura Loft, like www.myhometown.sg.

noblebaby
12-07-09, 22:01
no MRT, no shopping mall, no future university, no business park... but selling at about the same price as DBR... sure very expensive....

now WFK is selling higher than WFW some more, really super crazy!

Very high meh, guess only list price is high ? secondary market at bedok reservoir very affordable leh.

cheahsg
12-07-09, 23:28
Look who is shitting here again...

I have not disappeared into thin air. Have been visiting this thread every now and then but i refuse to post any comments.

Reason?

I feel that a forum is a place for people to exchange useful informations and ideas, discuss about constructive matters pertaining to in this case, Waterfront waves. Matters like good home loans, good schools, good reno deals, etc...

This one particular person jitkiat , no need to be bitchy about Waterfront waves. This is a home where many people here have bought and have come to love dearly. Cannot compare an apple to a pear and one man's meat is another man's poison. I am not defending this project but please... Every project has its flaws and beauties so stop trying to implant your ideas into others.

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:04
:D :D :D :D :D

kEN9170
13-07-09, 22:05
Construction progress as of 13-Jul-2009.

No 760 (view from Bedok Reservoir Park)
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8639/1no760.jpg

No 760 (Stack 01 & 02)
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4192/2no760.jpg[/URL]

No 760 (stack 03 & 04)
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2842/3no760.jpg

No 760 & 762
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5566/4no760762.jpg

No 766 & 768
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9764/5no766768.jpg[URL="http://img4.imageshack.us/i/1no760.jpg/"] (http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4192/2no760.jpg)

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:10
Thanks bro for the photo coverage, good man! :D

Construction progress as of 13-Jul-2009.

No 760 (Stack 01 & 02)

No 760 (stack 03 & 04)

No 760 & 762

No 766 & 768

kEN9170
13-07-09, 22:18
One more for Water Lover & Princessmum:)

No 766 (Stack 19 - 21)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2993/6no766.jpg

jitkiat
13-07-09, 22:24

Don't take it so seriously in case we are neighbours in the future, I will congratulate you if you resist the temptation to sell at TOP. Resistance is futile.

:luke-and-darth:

Water Lover
13-07-09, 22:27
Hi Ken,

Great job & effort.

Noblebaby - Your superimposed image was fantatsic. How about putting in the swimming pool with the slide-just kidding....

Don't quite understand certain part you mentioned. You mean part carpark aboveground and part below? The picture seemed to me no basement at all. Either that or the ceiling for the basement must be very low. Anyway not from building line, blk 760 can see the units already. The tallest part I guess must be the shelter if not the lift shaft -amazing.

Looks like the final product of WFW should be fantastic:p

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:31
Ken, your last photo updates was on 29 June... After just 2 weeks:

1 - Stack 01 - 04 up one (1) floor.
2 - Stack 05 - 10 "emerged". This is fast! :scared-4:
3 - Stack 11 - 14 Car park looks almost ready.
4 - Stack 15 - 18 Car park is ready. laying down first floor. Look like unit facing swimming pool is progressing well.
5 - Stack 19 - 24 Piling is done, layed down concreate cement for the base of carpark :D
6 - Stack 26 - 29 Car park is done, direction of stack 28 - 29 facing is clearer.

** Saw the YTL cement "cars" in the photos, good quality cement! YTL is a very successful conglomerate from Malaysia. Don't play play... :)

Think T.O.P by 1H11 :D

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:42
Water lover,

They actually dig about 1.5 meter into the ground at the first place... and then injected the concreate piles into the ground... from there, they build the carpark, with a height of about 2.5m... therefore, the top half of the carpark will be above the original ground level...

so the "basement" you see in the photos will be the carpark, if not, WFW will has no carpark... lol... :D

Hi Ken,

Great job & effort.

Noblebaby - Your superimposed image was fantatsic. How about putting in the swimming pool with the slide-just kidding....

Don't quite understand certain part you mentioned. You mean part carpark aboveground and part below? The picture seemed to me no basement at all. Either that or the ceiling for the basement must be very low. Anyway not from building line, blk 760 can see the units already. The tallest part I guess must be the shelter if not the lift shaft -amazing.

kEN9170
13-07-09, 22:47
:p :D :) :p :D :)

Next update end-July.

Fraser Centrepoint Homes Construction Progress pic is still at April 2009..:doh:

Hi Ken,

Great job & effort.

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:55
I hope the weather will be good in the coming months, so they can lay down one new floor within a 1.5 week time frame... Expect to see the top floor by year end for all the stacks. :scared-1:

They should speed up the frame construction, so can have more spare time for the interior and detail touching up before T.O.P. :D

:p :D :) :p :D :)

Next update end-July.

Fraser Centrepoint Homes Construction Progress pic is still at April 2009..:doh:

noblebaby
13-07-09, 22:57
Property Research:

Two Integrated Resorts, One Country by BNP

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

cheahsg
13-07-09, 23:03
Well, i hope so if we can be neighours.... we welcome you to the crazy family but given the fact that WFW will be increasing the starbuy price to match The Key.

Don't take it so seriously in case we are neighbours in the future, I will congratulate you if you resist the temptation to sell at TOP. Resistance is futile.

:luke-and-darth:

cheahsg
13-07-09, 23:07
Hmm... our stack still only the foundation..

btw, has you started your installments yet?

Thanks bro for the photo coverage, good man! :D

noblebaby
13-07-09, 23:35
Not yet started... still waiting... :sleep:

The first 4 level (including the carpark) of stack 21, 22 & 25 are only supporting pillars... the construction work will be easier and quicker for these stacks... These stacks will catch up the rest in few weeks time...

The first 4 levels of stack 15 are also pillars, and its carpark seems completed.

Hmm... our stack still only the foundation..

btw, has you started your installments yet?

kEN9170
13-07-09, 23:41
me started already....

Not yet started... still waiting... :sleep:

The first 4 level (including the carpark) of stack 21, 22 & 25 are only supporting pillars... the construction work will be easier and quicker for these stacks... These stacks will catch up the rest in few weeks time...

The first 4 levels of stack 15 are also pillars, and its carpark seems completed.

driftwave
14-07-09, 00:19
I do agree on the safety net of the HDB loan...other than that, frankly speaking, at over $650K to buy a HDB, its quite a risk infact, especially with the income ceiling of $8k.... anyway, there are still plenty to choose...

Just my 2:2cents: here. The Natura Loft is priced considering that the 5-rooms HDB in the area are already selling around $600K, so with the "condo" feel adds the price premium. Another attractiveness of the DBSS is the availability of the HDB loan, which makes one feels more secured.

Anyway cyl, this forum are for condos & such, so naturally there won't be any thread on public housing. You can do a web search for other forums that will have much discussion on Natura Loft, like www.myhometown.sg (http://www.myhometown.sg).

driftwave
14-07-09, 00:23
Cool! Thks for the effort.....hum...will find a day to go down personally to check it out as well....

One more for Water Lover & Princessmum:)

No 766 (Stack 19 - 21)

forte
14-07-09, 11:27
Ken, thanks so much for the pictures. Very well taken...the progress is really fast...less than 1 months time almost all the stacks are up already...

kEN9170
14-07-09, 16:26
Thank you! :o

Ken, thanks so much for the pictures. Very well taken...the progress is really fast...less than 1 months time almost all the stacks are up already...

princessmum
14-07-09, 20:39
Hi Ken
Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Think I'll be going down this weekend to take a look at The Key.
Anyone going as well?

kEN9170
14-07-09, 20:51
Hi Ken
Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Think I'll be going down this weekend to take a look at The Key.
Anyone going as well?

They keep changing the preview date.
From this Wed (15-Jul) to Sat (18-Jul) and now Sun (19-Jul). :doh:
May go down this weekend too.

cheahsg
14-07-09, 22:00
Yes, I may head down as well...

They keep changing the preview date.
From this Wed (15-Jul) to Sat (18-Jul) and now Sun (19-Jul). :doh:
May go down this weekend too.

seowhazel
14-07-09, 22:21
hey Ken, thanks for the pics... can't wait for WFW to be ready and move in... :P

noblebaby
16-07-09, 10:02
Only 34 units of WFW sold in June09... Slow... :rolleyes:

cheahsg
16-07-09, 11:17
Still slow?... all the starbuy for 3 and 4 bedders all fully sold. What are left have not been released yet. All in all about 100 units which will see a price increase once The Key is launch this weekend.

kEN9170
16-07-09, 11:45
Still slow?... all the starbuy for 3 and 4 bedders all fully sold. What are left have not been released yet. All in all about 100 units which will see a price increase once The Key is launch this weekend.

Heard the preview has been re-scheduled to tomorrow night at 7pm.
A tent was setup beside the current showflat. Construction site fencing perimeter has been decorated with Waterfront Key posters too.

With the launch tml night, buyers can compare two projects within the same showflat. May push up some more sales for WFW.

cheahsg
16-07-09, 14:16
Latest news... a 4 bedder in the Key will cost around 1.25mil... and thats not even facing the reservoir.

Heard the preview has been re-scheduled to tomorrow night at 7pm.
A tent was setup beside the current showflat. Construction site fencing perimeter has been decorated with Waterfront Key posters too.

With the launch tml night, buyers can compare two projects within the same showflat. May push up some more sales for WFW.

momoliu
16-07-09, 16:29
Just heard from FEO: Waterfront Key preview@Bedok Reservoir Rd this Friday 5pm. Early Bird discount 2%, Loyalty customers 1%...

2%=0.25mil off for 4 bedders (works out to be close to 1 mil)

Latest news... a 4 bedder in the Key will cost around 1.25mil... and thats not even facing the reservoir.

cheahsg
16-07-09, 17:00
Err... 2% of 1.25mil = 25K

Just heard from FEO: Waterfront Key preview@Bedok Reservoir Rd this Friday 5pm. Early Bird discount 2%, Loyalty customers 1%...

cheahsg
16-07-09, 17:00
Err... 2% of 1.25mil = 25K

kEN9170
16-07-09, 17:02

since Waves & Key sharing the same showflat....guess they will adjust the price for waves too.

noblebaby
16-07-09, 17:33
If WFW revise the price back up... those who bought during starbuy is slightly richer (on paper) by now... :D

since Waves & Key sharing the same showflat....guess they will adjust the price for waves too.

noblebaby
16-07-09, 17:37
= 0.025mil :doh:

kEN9170
16-07-09, 17:47
Hi seowhazel, would like to invite you to join our Crazy family.
Which stack did you get?

hey Ken, thanks for the pics... can't wait for WFW to be ready and move in... :P

seowhazel
16-07-09, 21:05
Hi seowhazel, would like to invite you to join our Crazy family.
Which stack did you get?

Hello Ken, sure... pls count me in. I bought my stack 07 last year lookin forward to meet u guys up...:)

kEN9170
16-07-09, 21:11
Welcome seowhazel to our Crazy family.

WFW Crazy Club Member as of 16 July 09 :D

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
seowhazel - 7
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

cheahsg
16-07-09, 22:12
Welcome welcome...

Now the family is really big... i suggest gathering once so that everyone meet each other. BBQ?

Welcome seowhazel to our Crazy family.

WFW Crazy Club Member as of 16 July 09 :D

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
seowhazel - 7
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

noblebaby
16-07-09, 22:47
Property Research

June 09: Residential Tracker - Morgan Standley

Record take-up of 1,825 units in June 2009; bottoming GDP bodes well for sector - Credit Suisse

Stay On The Road to Recovery - DBSV

:sleep:

jitkiat
17-07-09, 07:25
Property Research

June 09: Residential Tracker - Morgan Standley

Record take-up of 1,825 units in June 2009; bottoming GDP bodes well for sector - Credit Suisse

Stay On The Road to Recovery - DBSV

This time the DBS people really doing a lot of work :cheers1:

kEN9170
17-07-09, 08:37
Welcome welcome...

Now the family is really big... i suggest gathering once so that everyone meet each other. BBQ?

Yes we should. :)

momoliu
17-07-09, 10:10
Oops...typo :p Thanks noblebaby :)

= 0.025mil :doh:

noblebaby
17-07-09, 10:43
Yes we should. :)

Most of our members are parents with an average of 2 children... so far we have 18 members, estimated total number of about 60 peoples at the moment... and it'll keep growing... :D

driftwave
17-07-09, 11:44
not sure if u actually went down to see b4 commenting....most of the stacks are full of orange stickers....whatever left r pockets here and there and those unrelease stacks....and of course some of the front row facing which is more than $1M....

driftwave
17-07-09, 11:53
1 stack is about 14-15 units....so the members here already count for more than 1 full stack...wahahaha....:cheers5:

Most of our members are parents with an average of 2 children... so far we have 18 members, estimated total number of about 60 peoples at the moment... and it'll keep growing... :D

noblebaby
17-07-09, 12:20
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,342148,00.html?

Published July 17, 2009

CDL launching Balmoral Rd condo project

Preview of 437-unit Waterfront Key at Bedok Reservoir likely today

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

AFTER holding on to its Garden Hotel property at Balmoral Road for 10 years, City Developments Ltd (CDL) is finally launching an 85-unit condo project on the site.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-07-17/BT_IMAGES_KRGARDEN17.jpg
Waterfront Key is a 99-year-leasehold condo with 437 units. Prices had not been finalised by last night, but market watchers reckon the cue will be taken from current pricing for Waterfront Waves next door, which they are selling at $680-$700 psf on average.

A preview for staff and directors began yesterday, while sales to invited guests are slated to begin today.

The average price of the 12-storey freehold condo Volari@Balmoral is understood to be about $2,000 per square foot (psf) for early birds. Market watchers say this is about 20-25 per cent below peak 2007 prices in the location.

The condo comprises two, three and four-bedroom units and penthouses. The two-bedders are about 1,325 sq ft, and based on the $2,000 psf average price, the lump sum investment would be about $2.7 million.

At Bedok Reservoir, Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint are expected to preview Waterfront Key today to staff, business associates and buyers who have registered interest.

Waterfront Key is a 99-year-leasehold condo with 437 units. Prices had not been finalised by last night, but market watchers reckon the cue will be taken from current pricing for the developers' Waterfront Waves next door, which they are selling at $680-$700 psf on average.

The 405-unit condo, released early last year, is 78 per cent sold.

Back at Balmoral Road, it has been a decade-long wait for CDL, which bought Garden Hotel in June 1999 for $108 million from Kechapi Pte Ltd, controlled by the Chua family that once controlled Cycle & Carriage - now known as Jardine Cycle & Carriage. Garden Hotel comprises two four-storey wings. The original building was built in the early 1970s and the other wing was completed in 1983. The show suite for the Volari condo that CDL will develop on the site is on the fifth-floor rooftop of Garden Hotel, which is still operating but is likely to shut later this year.

Garden Hotel has a site area of 102,200 sq ft.

noblebaby
17-07-09, 22:55
Think the price will be revised up back to the initial launch price... since the demand for WFK is so good.... :D

kEN9170
17-07-09, 22:59
Think the price will be revised up back to the initial launch price... since the demand for WFK is so good.... :D

agreed. the showflat packed with pple....carpark full...
heard sales not bad.

noblebaby
17-07-09, 23:00
WFW left 90 units... must sell it at a higher price... so those who bought during starbuy will be feeling super good :D

heard sales not bad.

driftwave
18-07-09, 00:11
yup, my friend came back from showroom....queue for 2 hrs just to get into showroom...have to wait for ppl to serve her.... pengz...anyway...soft launch price is much higher than the WFW 2nd launch...so those who had bought it during the relaunch, shd b very very happy...regardless of which stack u r in.....when my friend was leaving at 9pm...27 units already sold and many more waiting to sign......think tomorrow b a busy day for the sales person.....think i may go down on Sunday to see see look look......:cool1:

also heard WFW pricing was reverted back to original pricing....units going for $800+ psf....:cheers5:

heard sales not bad.

noblebaby
18-07-09, 00:46
Congradulation to all the WFW crazy club members :cheers4:

yup, my friend came back from showroom....queue for 2 hrs just to get into showroom...have to wait for ppl to serve her.... pengz...anyway...soft launch price is much higher than the WFW 2nd launch...so those who had bought it during the relaunch, shd b very very happy...regardless of which stack u r in.....when my friend was leaving at 9pm...27 units already sold and many more waiting to sign......think tomorrow b a busy day for the sales person.....think i may go down on Sunday to see see look look......:cool1:

also heard WFW pricing was reverted back to original pricing....units going for $800+ psf....:cheers5:

noblebaby
18-07-09, 00:48
Wow, q for 2 hours... those who q there must be serious buyer, if not, no point to q right?!?!

hmnnn... don't really understand why...

driftwave
18-07-09, 01:15
Yup.....2hrs is small case.....if u been to 8@woodleigh.... ppl q for 4-5hrs under hot sun.....till developer start to issue numbers to resolve the prob...imagine cannot eat lunch, cannot go toilet...the q started from showroom down the slope to the main road..... ppl get in to issue cheque just to secure a unit w/o even seeing the showroom, explaining and knowing the actual price...was only inform of the estimated psf....

i went a week later...a few left over units...i tot the above r some hdb launch story...only the ERA agent show me the pictures he took during the launch.....he himself also cannot believe it.....he even told me the developer say "aiwan"...if they know it sell so well, dun even need to construct the showroom cos to tear it down after 1week so wasteful :doh:

Wow, q for 2 hours... those who q there must be serious buyer, if not, no point to q right?!?!

hmnnn... don't really understand why...

driftwave
18-07-09, 01:22
i also heard the WFW finishing is much better....dun noe how true....dun flame me...not being bias here....was told by my friend who went there earlier......will go down on sun to check it out myself....

Congradulation to all the WFW crazy club members :cheers4:

Water Lover
18-07-09, 10:15
Wow! What's happening, it defies logic, still heard ppl losing jobs & pay cut and yet so many buyers are flocking to buy. Where r these rich pple
from?

My friend jokingly told me maybe in future condo will become the majority & HDB will be minority. It seems to be a possibility..

Waterfront projects are hard to come by, that may speaks well why the queue was so long. Wonder kiat is in the queue...;)

jitkiat
18-07-09, 13:48
Wow! What's happening, it defies logic, still heard ppl losing jobs & pay cut and yet so many buyers are flocking to buy. Where r these rich pple
from?

My friend jokingly told me maybe in future condo will become the majority & HDB will be minority. It seems to be a possibility..

Waterfront projects are hard to come by, that may speaks well why the queue was so long. Wonder kiat is in the queue...;)

Nope, I went this morning, no q whatsoever. 750psf for 2br facing PIE...easy buy hard to sell later.

noblebaby
18-07-09, 14:15
WFW finishing is better? Thought WFK is using marble tiles for the living n dining... Hope the developer can maintain the standard n hope not to see a lousy project sitting beside WFW...

i also heard the WFW finishing is much better....dun noe how true....dun flame me...not being bias here....was told by my friend who went there earlier......will go down on sun to check it out myself....

driftwave
18-07-09, 14:28
no idea...tat wat my friend told me....i hv yet to see...so no comment on my part till i see it tomolo.....when developer say marble....is it real marble or compressed marble...aka homogenous tiles..... real marble r the ones it is used in the WFW toilets...the only interesting feature of WFK is the sunken bath and the cabanas by the pool....these r the 2 main things that WFW will b missing out...other than that dun think there r significant diff....i think in terms of external building....the entire waterfront proj shd b similar in nature.

WFW finishing is better? Thought WFK is using marble tiles for the living n dining... Hope the developer can maintain the standard n hope not to see a lousy project sitting beside WFW...

driftwave
18-07-09, 14:40
cos this weekend is preview...did not see any newspaper advert....probably next week is the main launch.....

2 bedders normally psf will b higher....have to see wat is the total price of the unit....$700K? or under? for investment on rental income, normally the buyer dun bother.....as long as can achieve the intended yields.....

on the longer term view, give it 10-15yrs....750psf may not b hard to swallow after all.....

Nope, I went this morning, no q whatsoever. 750psf for 2br facing PIE...easy buy hard to sell later.

Water Lover
18-07-09, 14:55

Hard to sell??? Wait till LTA make the announcement. The queue may be stretched round the bedok reservoir..:p

Sea
18-07-09, 15:22
Waterfront collection has is the future underground

MRT Line passing towards Temasek Polytechinc.

This will provide excellent connectivity

LTA has not confirmed the exact location

of the MRT station yet.

Abdy/90686016

kEN9170
18-07-09, 18:42
WFW units update

Stack 01 - All Sold
Stack 02 - All Sold
Stack 03 - All Sold
Stack 04 - All Sold
Stack 05 - All Sold
Stack 06 - All Sold
Stack 07 - 7 units sold
Stack 08 - Not release
Stack 09 - All Sold
Stack 10 - All Sold
Stack 11 - 2 units sold
Stack 12 - 4 units sold
Stack 13 - 3 units sold
Stack 14 - 5 units sold
Stack 15 - All Sold
Stack 16 - All Sold
Stack 17 - Not release
Stack 18 - Not release
Stack 19 - All Sold
Stack 20 - All Sold
Stack 21 - All Sold
Stack 22 - All Sold
Stack 23 - All Sold
Stack 24 - All Sold
Stack 25 - All Sold
Stack 26 - All Sold
Stack 27 - All Sold
Stack 28 - All Sold
Stack 29 - All Sold

jitkiat
18-07-09, 20:09
Hard to sell??? Wait till LTA make the announcement. The queue may be stretched round the bedok reservoir..:p

Looking forward to the announcement ... my bet is the MRT stn will be closer to kaki bukit side (i.e. on the west side of the reservoir) becos of high density of HDBs there.

kEN9170
18-07-09, 22:00
WFW units update

Stack 01 - All Sold
Stack 02 - All Sold
Stack 03 - All Sold
Stack 04 - All Sold
Stack 05 - All Sold
Stack 06 - All Sold
Stack 07 - 7 units sold
Stack 08 - Not release
Stack 09 - All Sold
Stack 10 - All Sold
Stack 11 - 2 units sold
Stack 12 - 5 units sold
Stack 13 - 3 units sold
Stack 14 - 5 units sold
Stack 15 - All Sold
Stack 16 - All Sold
Stack 17 - Not release
Stack 18 - Not release
Stack 19 - All Sold
Stack 20 - All Sold
Stack 21 - All Sold
Stack 22 - All Sold
Stack 23 - All Sold
Stack 24 - All Sold
Stack 25 - All Sold
Stack 26 - All Sold
Stack 27 - All Sold
Stack 28 - All Sold
Stack 29 - All Sold

kEN9170
18-07-09, 22:26
WFW units update - 88 units left

Stack 01 - All Sold
Stack 02 - All Sold
Stack 03 - All Sold
Stack 04 - All Sold
Stack 05 - All Sold
Stack 06 - All Sold
Stack 07 - 7 units sold
Stack 08 - Not release
Stack 09 - All Sold
Stack 10 - All Sold
Stack 11 - 2 units sold
Stack 12 - 5 units sold
Stack 13 - 3 units sold
Stack 14 - 5 units sold
Stack 15 - All Sold
Stack 16 - All Sold
Stack 17 - Not release
Stack 18 - 8 units sold
Stack 19 - All Sold
Stack 20 - All Sold
Stack 21 - All Sold
Stack 22 - All Sold
Stack 23 - All Sold
Stack 24 - All Sold
Stack 25 - All Sold
Stack 26 - All Sold
Stack 27 - All Sold
Stack 28 - All Sold
Stack 29 - All Sold

kEN9170
18-07-09, 22:32
Waterfront Waves

Stack 18,19,20,23,24,28 & 29
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8677/wfw1.jpg

Stack 03,04,07,08,11
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3895/wfw2.jpg

Stack 26 & 27
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6153/wfw3.jpg

Stack 25
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5788/wfw4.jpg

Stack 15, 21 & 22
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/646/wfw5.jpg

Stack 16
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2702/wfw6.jpg

Stack 12
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4352/wfw7.jpg

kEN9170
18-07-09, 22:40
Hi Princessmum,

BBQ pit or Pavillion???
Ans in the pic.:D

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4961/76881387.jpg

Hi Noblebaby

princessmum
18-07-09, 22:50
Hi Ken
Thanks. :cheers6: :cheers6:

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

driftwave
19-07-09, 00:10
since i have nothing better to do today, went down to the showroom in the evening.....no queue is correct but i would say not much choices left.......i saw quite a number of stacks sold.....at a glance, can easily see 3 entire stacks fully sold...bottom to top.....got a chance to speak to my FEO sales person....he say he lost count how many he sold....he was so busy...just had his lunch at 5.30pm....heard they maybe releasing more stacks for sale tomolo....

as for the showroom....i can say its a disappointment...seems like they put it together at the very last min.....no effort was put into the interior design and very shabby work....can see a lot of joints not done up properly in the kitchen and spill over silicon...the wardrobs seems abit filmsy thou....anyway its just a showroom....hope they do a better job in the actual unit.... oh yes....about the marble...yes, all units come with REAL marble flooring....the bigger units r using the same marble as the WFW toilet marble....for the 2 bedders, they r using the white marble.....for WFK, its basically a copy and paste over from Mi Casa...wat Mi Casa hv, WFK have....exact same concept..to the extent that even the brochures r the same......only w/o the step level building and not so cluttered.

on the pricing side...for us who had bought during the starbuy periods shd hv no regrets on what we bought...for the same size, level, facing...the diff is easily $80k-$120K....majority of the WFK normal size 3bedders r up in the high 800K-900k+ range.....so be happy and look forward to our house warming....:cheers4:

noblebaby
19-07-09, 00:18
hi ken, do u know what is the pricing for the remaining unit of WFW??

WFW units update - 88 units left

Stack 01 - All Sold
Stack 02 - All Sold
Stack 03 - All Sold
Stack 04 - All Sold
Stack 05 - All Sold
Stack 06 - All Sold
Stack 07 - 7 units sold
Stack 08 - Not release
Stack 09 - All Sold
Stack 10 - All Sold
Stack 11 - 2 units sold
Stack 12 - 5 units sold
Stack 13 - 3 units sold
Stack 14 - 5 units sold
Stack 15 - All Sold
Stack 16 - All Sold
Stack 17 - Not release
Stack 18 - 8 units sold
Stack 19 - All Sold
Stack 20 - All Sold
Stack 21 - All Sold
Stack 22 - All Sold
Stack 23 - All Sold
Stack 24 - All Sold
Stack 25 - All Sold
Stack 26 - All Sold
Stack 27 - All Sold
Stack 28 - All Sold
Stack 29 - All Sold

kEN9170
19-07-09, 02:59
hi ken, do u know what is the pricing for the remaining unit of WFW??

According to the guy there, they are going to have another launch of the remaining units of WFW soon. Price will be adjusted to be on par with WFK. The 2 show units of WFW were closed today to the public. But i saw quite a number of buyers were keen on Waves instead of Key.

noblebaby
19-07-09, 12:35
When the WFW showflat reopened, think the demand will be good as there is now WFK to compared with... by just comparing the showflat between the two, WFW is the more preferable one... and the date of T.O.P is nearer... :D

WFK launching at 780-850+++ psf is not easy to flip...

According to the guy there, they are going to have another launch of the remaining units of WFW soon. Price will be adjusted to be on par with WFK. The 2 show units of WFW were closed today to the public. But i saw quite a number of buyers were keen on Waves instead of Key.

noblebaby
19-07-09, 12:45
I still remember I bought my unit during the very first few days of the starbuy promotion... that time the showflat was quite empty, only see a big number of man in black... almost scared me away... :D

There were plenty of good unit to choose... and the price was very reasonable... some even below $600 psf...

But now, WFK is launching at a much higher price... and the economy is still very weak... but many rushed in to get a unit... I still don't understand why... maybe they made tons from recent stock market rally or they afraid of missing the boat...

Anyway, congrats to those who bought during starbuy... !!! :D

on the pricing side...for us who had bought during the starbuy periods shd hv no regrets on what we bought...for the same size, level, facing...the diff is easily $80k-$120K....majority of the WFK normal size 3bedders r up in the high 800K-900k+ range.....so be happy and look forward to our house warming....:cheers4:

Water Lover
19-07-09, 13:03
Looking forward to the announcement ... my bet is the MRT stn will be closer to kaki bukit side (i.e. on the west side of the reservoir) becos of high density of HDBs there.

What make you think MRT only serves densely populated HDB and not densely populated Condos. Based on my analysis it will neither be north or west.

Anyway, I don't think is of interest to you since you have bought your DB.
Unless you are telling me you regretted and interested in coming over to WF.:p

noblebaby
19-07-09, 16:19
water lover, based on ur analysis, where do u think the nearest station is most likely to b situated?

To other crazy club member, where do you like to see the location of the mrt station. For me, i wish to see one of the exits at the town park, near to the school.

What make you think MRT only serves densely populated HDB and not densely populated Condos. Based on my analysis it will neither be north or west.

Anyway, I don't think is of interest to you since you have bought your DB.
Unless you are telling me you regretted and interested in coming over to WF.:p

Water Lover
19-07-09, 16:34
water lover, based on ur analysis, where do u think the nearest station is most likely to b situated?

To other crazy club member, where do you like to see the location of the mrt station. For me, i wish to see one of the exits at the town park, near to the school.

The east will most likely taken by station at Temasek Poly.

So it is left with....aa...i think i shall stop here otherwise someone
will say near to MRT no good - potential terrorist target.:p

kEN9170
19-07-09, 16:56

There is another forum actively discussed on this topic too.
From their analysis, for Reservoir station, one exit will be at the start of Bedok Town Park near Blk 708/709, the 2nd exit will be at the end of Bedok Town Park near Bedok Ave 3.

Gosh...so near to Waterfront?? :eek:

jitkiat
19-07-09, 18:06
There is another forum actively discussed on this topic too.
From their analysis, for Reservoir station, one exit will be at the start of Bedok Town Park near Blk 708/709, the 2nd exit will be at the end of Bedok Town Park near Bedok Ave 3.

Gosh...so near to Waterfront?? :eek:

Wah, this 1st exit and 2nd exit has a distance apart > 1km, a tunnel of > 1km? Block 708 is close to the plot of land allocated to DBSS Bedok. Or are you saying that the MRT station itself is directly below the middle portion of Bedok Town Park close to PIE?

noblebaby
19-07-09, 18:34
Gebiz.com.sg

DT27 and DT28 will be located near Bedok Town Park... Maybe DT28 is nearest to WFK...

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5360/station.jpg

noblebaby
19-07-09, 18:36
Wait until end of the year... Result of station location should be out...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1147/timeerk.jpg

kEN9170
19-07-09, 18:57
Agreed. DT28 is nearest to WFK. :D

kEN9170
19-07-09, 19:01
Wah, this 1st exit and 2nd exit has a distance apart > 1km, a tunnel of > 1km? Block 708 is close to the plot of land allocated to DBSS Bedok. Or are you saying that the MRT station itself is directly below the middle portion of Bedok Town Park close to PIE?

1st exit will be DT27 and 2nd exit will be DT28. Two stations actually. :p

rozis
19-07-09, 20:09
Gebiz.com.sg

DT27 and DT28 will be located near Bedok Town Park... Maybe DT28 is nearest to WFK...

Saw a group of abt 4 - 5 soiling testing machines a month ago in bedok town park (directly in front of baywater & WFK).

May suggest the location of the reservoir station. Makes good sense to site the station there as it is next to a main road with bus services and accessible to the surrounding residential estates.

noblebaby
19-07-09, 20:41
Rozis, you have any unit at WFW or WFK?

Saw a group of abt 4 - 5 soiling testing machines a month ago in bedok town park (directly in front of baywater & WFK).

May suggest the location of the reservoir station. Makes good sense to site the station there as it is next to a main road with bus services and accessible to the surrounding residential estates.

rozis
19-07-09, 20:51
Rozis, you have any unit at WFW or WFK?

Hi,

I have a unit at WFW, stack 26.

noblebaby
19-07-09, 21:15
Welcome Rozis to our Crazy family. :cheers1:

WFW Crazy Club Member as of 19 July 09

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Rozis - 26
seowhazel - 7
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

noblebaby
19-07-09, 21:18
Station at the park, how about that?!?! :spliff:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1985/promenade.jpg

Estimated location of T27 and T28... Distance between A & B is about 1.5km... One of the stations must be in the park.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/586/stationmap.jpg

kEN9170
19-07-09, 21:28
WELCOME Rozis!

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Rozis - 26
seowhazel - 7
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

driftwave
19-07-09, 23:30
Welcome! Welcome! Good to see more and more people joining in....

Hi,

I have a unit at WFW, stack 26.

forte
20-07-09, 10:50
Welcome to all new members!

Stations at the park...thats great! So close and convenient and best of all UNDERGROUND....Seems a logical guess since there will definitely be one station at Temesek Poly the station before it should be somewhere nearby ...it will not only able to serve the condo residences also HDB around Bedok North since there is an overhead bridge connected to the park....:)

noblebaby
20-07-09, 11:07
T28 (Waterfront) and T29 (T Poly???) has a distance of about 2km apart... therefore, 2km should be able to connect to Temasek Poly from Waterfront... Expect the station exits at both side of the PIE...

Welcome to all new members!

Stations at the park...thats great! So close and convenient and best of all UNDERGROUND....Seems a logical guess since there will definitely be one station at Temesek Poly the station before it should be somewhere nearby ...it will not only able to serve the condo residences also HDB around Bedok North since there is an overhead bridge connected to the park....:)

kEN9170
20-07-09, 11:10
T29 (Temasek)

T28 (Waterfront) and T29 (T Poly???) has a distance of about 2km apart... therefore, 2km should be able to connect to Temasek Poly from Waterfront... Expect the station exits at both side of the PIE...

WF Constructor
20-07-09, 13:00
Construction is progressing smoothly :cheers1:

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Driftwave - 16
EJEJ - 26
Forte - 19
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
momoliu - 24
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
princessmum - 25
Rozis - 26
seowhazel - 7
Sunny - 19
Water Lover - 21
Young Investor - 20

WF Constructor
20-07-09, 13:01
Several soil investigators were found near Bedok Reservoir...

Station at the park, how about that?!?! :spliff:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1985/promenade.jpg

WF Constructor
20-07-09, 13:03
Nice to see this here. You guys did a lot of homeworks... :)

noblebaby
20-07-09, 14:41
Most likely T29 will be at Temasek...

T27 and T28 is good to sit near to the park, there are several schools there...

T27 is also a 3-tracks platform like AMK... think this will be interchange directly to East Cost park from Bedok Reservoir :D

T29 (Temasek)

momoliu
20-07-09, 17:09
Check this out! I found this probable alignment in this forum: http://sgforums.com/forums/2080/topics/333528. I wonder how true it'll be...though I spotted many soil testers at the park beside PIE.

noblebaby
20-07-09, 18:11
Stocks of property developers and S-REITs were doing very well today... Maybe due to good demand for new launching... ;)

Water Lover
20-07-09, 23:26
Construction is progressing smoothly :cheers1:
Hi WF Constructor,

Are you the construction main contractor of WF?

Appreciate if your workers could put in the best workmanship for WFW.

If u are the developer, don't mind add in the slide to the swiming pool.

If u are the landscape designer, let us know if you need our inputs.

Many thanks.:o

noblebaby
21-07-09, 10:43
WFW is one of the TOP 10 best selling in 1H09 :D

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-07-21/210709krsales21.jpg

Sea
21-07-09, 11:18
I got friend working in LTA

maybe will try to check if got

any news on the exact location

of the station

noblebaby
21-07-09, 21:29
Property Research:

Boom for Purer Developers in a Liquidity Driven Environment - CIMB

gfoo