PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

noblebaby
11-04-09, 18:18
Stack 03 all sold..:D

Your stack is progressing well... ;)

If you study the photos carefully, the site will be quite cramp after completion... the distance between blocks will be very close to each others... Anyway, this happened to most of the developments. :mad:

cheahsg
11-04-09, 18:21
Your stack is progressing well... ;)

If you study the photos carefully, the site will be quite cramp after completion... the distance between blocks will be very close to each others... Anyway, this happened to most of the developments. :mad:

Hope the project will sell more faster. then there will some peace from those who mention prices will fall below $500 for WW.

Seems the starbuy promo is working....

kEN9170
11-04-09, 18:26
Hope the project will sell more faster. then there will some peace from those who mention prices will fall below $500 for WW.

Seems the starbuy promo is working....

Showroom has quite a good crowd when i visited this afternoon around 2 plus. The FE guy told me they have closed a few sales yesterday. :)

cheahsg
11-04-09, 18:35
Showroom has quite a good crowd when i visited this afternoon around 2 plus. The FE guy told me they have closed a few sales yesterday. :)

Thats great news...

For those who have bought an unit in WW, maybe we can gather a contact list and have meetup someday before WW is completed.

Anyone keen? You can pm me and i'll complie the list.

kEN9170
11-04-09, 18:40
Thats great news...

For those who have bought an unit in WW, maybe we can gather a contact list and have meetup someday before WW is completed.

Great!
Just pm you my contact & email. :)

cyl
11-04-09, 19:11
Thank you so much for the updates!!! :D

noblebaby
11-04-09, 20:07
Thats great news...

Good idea to form a crazy WFW committee! So far the genuine owners of WFW in this forum are:

1. 1kcirdenk
2. Cheahsg
3. Cyl
4. Hippopo
5. Ken9170
6. Noblebaby
7. Pang
8. Sunny
9. Water Lover

Cyl will organize a crazy BBQ party upon T.O.P, and we guys can book the BBQ pavillions at the tennis court, but make sure you guys don't burn down stack 25, hahaha... :p

kEN9170
11-04-09, 22:33
Good idea to form a crazy WFW committee! So far the genuine owners of WFW in this forum are:

1. 1kcirdenk
2. Cheahsg
3. Cyl
4. Hippopo
5. Ken9170
6. Noblebaby
7. Pang
8. Sunny
9. Water Lover

Cyl will organize a crazy BBQ party upon T.O.P, and we guys can book the BBQ pavillions at the tennis court, but make sure you guys don't burn down stack 25, hahaha... :p

No worry...we will make stack 25 like Genting Highland.....:D
Oh ya...there's anothere BBQ pavaillion near playground too.

cyl
11-04-09, 22:45

1. 1kcirdenk
2. Cheahsg
3. Cyl
4. Hippopo
5. Ken9170
6. Noblebaby
7. Pang
8. Sunny
9. Water Lover

YES!!! I sure will. Two years from now, we shall bask in our sweet new home.

kEN9170
11-04-09, 23:02
WFK siteplan

1kcirdenk
11-04-09, 23:07
Hi bro, thanks for the photos and updates!

noblebaby
12-04-09, 00:27
WFK siteplan

Standing ovation to DP Architects! Two different projects combined to become an integrated waterfront resort style condo. They are very creative in utilising the land space, and good positioning for the stacks. Although the pool area is smaller for WFK, but it has more unblock units.

I think FEO/Fraser will be using the same showflat to exhibit WFK, and also believe WFK will share the similar layout as WFW. ;)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6729/dsc00281f.jpg

pang
12-04-09, 07:49
Thats great news...

Thks...

I will PM you my contact.

cheahsg
12-04-09, 09:38

1. 1kcirdenk
2. Cheahsg
3. Cyl
4. Hippopo
5. Ken9170
6. Noblebaby
7. Pang
8. Sunny
9. Water Lover

Thanks for those who have emailed me your contacts... Will start to complie a list as we go along.

noblebaby
14-04-09, 09:30
Pls. let us know when your bank discharge the first installment... especially owners from stacks 1, 2, 3 & 4. :)

noblebaby
14-04-09, 19:03
Parents, any good school near WFW? :ashamed1:

Acer
14-04-09, 21:10
Parents, any good school near WFW? :ashamed1:
had

RED SWASTIKA SCHOOL

ST. ANTHONY'S CANOSSIAN PRIMARY SCHOOL (i think is within 1 km. From Baywater, is within 1 km)

kEN9170
15-04-09, 09:26
Yup...hottest choice for parent is Red Swastika.
St. Anthony's Canossian is an all girls school.
If you want your kids into sport, you may consider Yu Neng Primary.

Temasek Pri is also another top pick for parent. But this is outside 1km.

had

RED SWASTIKA SCHOOL

ST. ANTHONY'S CANOSSIAN PRIMARY SCHOOL (i think is within 1 km. From Baywater, is within 1 km)

Acer
15-04-09, 09:52
Yup...hottest choice for parent is Red Swastika.
St. Anthony's Canossian is an all girls school.
If you want your kids into sport, you may consider Yu Neng Primary.

Temasek Pri is also another top pick for parent. But this is outside 1km.
Red Swastika only has Higher chinese and Wushu is stronger

Yu Neng has Higher chinese and chinese. Table Tennis is their strong sport.

RS- forever need to ballot for Phase 2B and 2C.

Yu Neng - during 2007. for Phase 2C within 1Km, no need to ballot but for 2008, within 1 km need to ballot.

In term of distance , Yu Neng is better. Just locate behind Waterfront, cross the overhead bridge

kEN9170
15-04-09, 10:09
Hi Acer, you bot WFW?

Red Swastika only has Higher chinese and Wushu is stronger

Yu Neng has Higher chinese and chinese. Table Tennis is their strong sport.

RS- forever need to ballot for Phase 2B and 2C.

Yu Neng - during 2007. for Phase 2C within 1Km, no need to ballot but for 2008, within 1 km need to ballot.

In term of distance , Yu Neng is better. Just locate behind Waterfront, cross the overhead bridge

Acer
15-04-09, 10:12
Hi Acer, you bot WFW?

no..
use to be WFW neighbor :D

I list down the school within 1 Km and monitor for a while and shortlisted these 2 schools.

noblebaby
15-04-09, 10:23
no..
use to be WFW neighbor :D

I list down the school within 1 Km and monitor for a while and shortlisted these 2 schools.

Think Yu Neng is better choice for me, I can ask the nanny to bring my children from the back door of WFW which is nearest to my stack :D

but... wow, need ballot even within 1km. :scared-4:

Are you still living at Bedok area?

kEN9170
15-04-09, 11:48
Think Yu Neng is better choice for me, I can ask the nanny to bring my children from the back door of WFW which is nearest to my stack :D

yo bro, be a school volunteer....to eligible for Phase 2B. :D

hippopo
15-04-09, 11:50
Is it that I can enrol for my kids for RS / Yu Neng using WFW address although I am not physically staying there yet?....I am new in P1 registration....

noblebaby
15-04-09, 12:02
yo bro, be a school volunteer....to eligible for Phase 2B. :D

yoyo bro, what kind of volunteer work? Be the school gardener or cleaner?I don't mind to spend few hours over the weekend... :D

Acer
15-04-09, 13:17

yes still at bedok area

yoyo bro, what kind of volunteer work? Be the school gardener or cleaner?I don't mind to spend few hours over the weekend... :D

Volunteer work is the school assign, not u decide.

Some popular school, even u want to volunteer, they will ask u. What can u do?

I know RS volunteer list also super long and fill up easily.
heard say during 2007/8, the list went up to like 100++

for volunteer, u need to call the school and ask.

Acer
15-04-09, 13:23
Is it that I can enrol for my kids for RS / Yu Neng using WFW address although I am not physically staying there yet?....I am new in P1 registration....

registration name base on the address that shown on ur NRIC.

If like for the case..
eg.. the condo only TOP next yr. Then this yr, u need to registration ur child using the new address. U can. But need to bring along some doc which I can't remember what is that.

Check with MOE for more information.

kEN9170
15-04-09, 15:00

This is extracted from MOE website for last year registration.
J: For Registration using address of yet-to-be completed property

An original Sales and Purchase document is required if the address of a yet-to-be completed property is used for registration. A copy of this document is to be retained by the school. Parents using the yet-to-be completed property address for registering their child in a school of choice must move into the new property within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One. For this purpose, the date of commitment by the developer in T.O.P (Temporary Occupation Permit) must not be later than 31 Dec 2010.

kEN9170
15-04-09, 15:02
Check this out...

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/

This is extracted from MOE website for last year registration.
J: For Registration using address of yet-to-be completed property

An original Sales and Purchase document is required if the address of a yet-to-be completed property is used for registration. A copy of this document is to be retained by the school. Parents using the yet-to-be completed property address for registering their child in a school of choice must move into the new property within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One. For this purpose, the date of commitment by the developer in T.O.P (Temporary Occupation Permit) must not be later than 31 Dec 2010.

hippopo
15-04-09, 15:06
Tks guys for the info. It is indeed very helpful.

kEN9170
15-04-09, 15:14
Tks guys for the info. It is indeed very helpful.

You are most welcome.....i have been through all these 2 years ago.
Now my elder kid in P2 - Red Swastika. Younger one will be attending the same school next year.

Acer
15-04-09, 15:43
You are most welcome.....i have been through all these 2 years ago.
Now my elder kid in P2 - Red Swastika. Younger one will be attending the same school next year.

ur elder one went thru' ballot for Phase 2C?

I remember that year like left 41/42 seat and number Q until 8x/9x.

That's why I register Yu Neng instead of RS

kEN9170
15-04-09, 15:56
ur elder one went thru' ballot for Phase 2C?

I remember that year like left 41/42 seat and number Q until 8x/9x.

That's why I register Yu Neng instead of RS

My registration was under Phase 2B as my wife is from RS too. Usually no balloting for this phase.

Wanted to enrol her in Temasek (i'm old boy there), but RS is nearer and more convenient to me.

Acer
15-04-09, 16:02
My registration was under Phase 2B as my wife is from RS too. Usually no balloting for this phase.

Wanted to enrol her in Temasek (i'm old boy there), but RS is nearer and more convenient to me.

so good..
ballot, that's stress man..

cyl
15-04-09, 17:04
Looks like there are many parents here in waterfront waves. Feeling a little left out.

Hehe.... :tongue3:

cheahsg
15-04-09, 17:09
Looks like there are many parents here in waterfront waves. Feeling a little left out.

We maybe parents but our heart are like kids.

noblebaby
15-04-09, 17:22

Don't worry... we are still kids inside... still can have crazy party! hulala... :spliff:

kEN9170
15-04-09, 18:02
Don't worry... we are still kids inside... still can have crazy party! hulala... :spliff:

ya agreed...we are new age parent......we LIVE and PLAY....just like WFW motto....LIVE where you PLAY....:D

Looking forward to our CRAZY BBQ.......

kEN9170
15-04-09, 22:44
went jogging yesterday and took some pics of the construction site & reservoir park

noblebaby
15-04-09, 23:24
went jogging yesterday and took some pics of the construction site & reservoir park

Nice pics bro... Look like stacks 1 - 4 are progressing well... with the foundation done, they can build one floor in a week. So, average of 14 floors for the WFW, which may take up to 4 months to reach the top. You may see the penthouse in September, LOL... :D :D

cheahsg
15-04-09, 23:28

Lovely :cheers1: Thats what we call lifestyle living.

When the time come nearer for the crazy BBQ, we'll gather everyone/

cheahsg
15-04-09, 23:34
Nice pics bro... Look like stacks 1 - 4 are progressing well... with the foundation done, they can build one floor in a week. So, average of 14 floors for the WFW, which may take up to 4 months to reach the top. You may see the penthouse in September, LOL... :D :D

Good and bad news.

Good - building is on the way :spliff:
Bad - bank loan kick in soon for the progessive payments :scared-2:

cyl
16-04-09, 18:32
Good and bad news.

Good - building is on the way :spliff:
Bad - bank loan kick in soon for the progessive payments :scared-2:

I KNOW!!! One point, i am very happy cos the progress is good. On the other hand, i am nervous about the payment!!! WAH~~~~ :scared-4:

noblebaby
16-04-09, 22:24
WFW is doing quite well in March 09!!! Sold 38 units!!!

Find out more in today's analyst reports, good night! :sleep:

Pls. share your opinion here also...

pang
17-04-09, 06:43
WFW is doing quite well in March 09!!! Sold 38 units!!!

Find out more in today's analyst reports, good night! :sleep:

Pls. share your opinion here also...

Looking at the figure, total 196(abt 50%) sold and wonder they would reduce their price sell more before they launch WFK?

cheahsg
17-04-09, 10:08
Looking at the figure, total 196(abt 50%) sold and wonder they would reduce their price sell more before they launch WFK?

Was told that the starbuy prices were probably the lowest. As they have already started building and progressive payment should be starting to come in.

WFK will be price higher than WFW so that WFW can be a sellout by the time it TOP.

roger168
17-04-09, 11:17
SOME good news to share for those who miss it. Please kindly bear with me for next few posts.

Home sales remain strong
Apr 16, 2009 - The Straits Times
Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

THE bumper private property sales recorded in February were no fluke.
For a second straight month, home hunters defied the weakening economy to buy more than 1,000 units last month.

Property consultants say buyers are attracted to what they regard as good buys in the moderately priced mass market.

Still, they warn that these strong buying levels are probably not sustainable.

Last month, property developers sold 1,220 new private homes, just shy of the 1,332 units sold in February.

It was the first time in over a year that the market has seen two consecutive months with more than 1,000 units sold. Sales for both months were a stunning contrast to the dismal 108 in January.

Another striking figure: First-quarter new private home sales hit 2,660 units, representing 62 per cent of all new homes sold during the whole of last year.

February sales - boosted mainly by two new launches Alexis and Caspian - were the highest since August 2007.

Figures compiled by the Urban Redevelopment Authority also showed 832 new housing units were launched last month, compared with 1,072 units in February and just 204 units in January.

Most units sold last month were in the mass market, along with a few city-fringe small-format apartments at condominiums such as Domus and The Mercury.

HDB upgraders were the hottest group of buyers. CBRE Research said that last month alone, they bought 550 to 600 units at mass market projects such as Caspian, Double Bay Residences, Kovan Residences, Livia, Mi Casa and The Quartz at median prices of $610 per sq ft (psf) to $740 psf.

A survey of first-quarter caveats lodged for this market segment indicated an average price of $695,000, said CBRE Research executive director Li Hiaw Ho. 'This is probably a good time for HDB home owners to upgrade to private property as the price gap between private properties and HDB resale flats has narrowed.'

Said Colliers International director for research and advisory Tay Huey Ying: 'Developers have lowered their price expectations for new launches and generally cut prices of unsold units. Buyers are biting as there is pent-up demand.'

The top three sellers in March were Double Bay Residences, Mi Casa and The Arte. About 85 per cent of units sold last month were priced below $1,000 psf, said PropNex chief executive Mohd Ismail.

The high-end showed some life with 70 units launched and some sales, including one Orchard Scotts unit at $2,220 psf.

But overall, only 100 prime units were launched in the first quarter, or just 4.7 per cent of all units launched, well down from the 39.4 per cent of all units launched in the fourth quarter last year.

Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak said this was partly due to the retreat of foreigners from the luxury market.

Preliminary data suggests foreign deals stood at 16.8 per cent in the first quarter - a level last seen when Sars badly hit the market in 2003, he said.

Market analysts say it is a good start to the year, but they do not expect the strong buying to continue long-term.

'In the short term, this rate of buying can continue provided developers lower or maintain their prices,' Chesterton Suntec International's research and consultancy head Colin Tan said of March sales.

But in the long term, it is not sustainable, he said. 'The last time the market sold so many new units (14,811 units) was in 2007. That was when the deferred payment scheme was available. And it has since caused indigestion in the top end of the market.'

Unless the Singapore economy and employment market improve significantly this year, only 6,000 to 7,000 new private homes are expected to be sold, said Mr Mak.

He said healthy demand for mass market homes is likely to continue only as long as average HDB resale prices do not fall by more than 7 per cent year on year.

'Many in the mass market segment are buying now and banking on their future earnings to service their loans as they are afraid of missing the boat,' said Mr Mak

The Link :-
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/news/2009/4/5892/home-sales-remain-strong :D

roger168
17-04-09, 11:18
Home sales set to rise in 3 to 12 months: CDL
Apr 17, 2009 - The Straits Times
Jessica Cheam

PROPERTY developer City Developments (CDL) said yesterday that it expects increasing numbers of homebuyers to enter the market in the next three to 12 months.
Its optimism stems from the sale of more than 80 per cent - or 150 units - of its newly-launched development, The Arte at Thomson. CDL has put 180 units of the 336-unit project on sale.

It said The Arte was 'a record breaker of sorts', being one of the few large projects launched in the global economic meltdown 'that has tasted success'.

CDLs' statement comes on the heels of newly released data that showed 1,220 new private homes sold last month, just shy of the 1,332 units sold in February.

This makes two consecutive months with more than 1,000 units sold - the first time it has happened in a year.

First-quarter private home sales have hit 2,660 units - about 62 per cent of all of last year's new home sales.

It has led some to speculate that the market has indeed turned a corner.

CDL said that 'after absorbing news of forecasts of a steep decline in GDP growth for 2009, the upbeat in sales volume could mean that there is greater confidence that a turnaround is in sight - with a steady rise expected in the property market within the next three to 12 months'.

But analysts maintain that this level of buying may not be sustainable.

Knight Frank director of research and consultancy, Mr Nicholas Mak, has estimated that only 6,000 to 7,000 new private homes are expected to be sold this year, unless the Singapore economy and employment market improve significantly.

However, CDL's group general manager, Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, said that recent launches have shown that 'buyers are still willing to spend when they see value and see a good deal'.

Developers, prompted by the challenging economic conditions, have lowered selling prices - by between 5 to 25 per cent - and these factors have contributed to larger transaction volumes, said CDL.

Some good news to share :spliff2:

roger168
17-04-09, 11:22
Developers' sales carry note of hope
Apr 16, 2009 - The Business Times
Emilyn Yap

(SINGAPORE) A ray of hope dispelled some gloom in the private home market yesterday when new data showed developers selling 1,220 new units in March. This brings the number sold in Q1 2009 to 2,660 - the best quarterly performance since Q3 2007.

But could this be a false dawn? Citing weak economic fundamentals, several industry watchers believe that it is still too early to say if a nascent recovery has begun.

According to Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) figures from developer submissions, private home sales held up in March and dipped just 8 per cent below the 1,332 units sold in February. Both months' showings were markedly better than in January, when buyers took up just 108 units.

In fact, the number of units sold in Q1 2009 has already reached around 60 per cent of that for the whole of 2008.

'Most of the demand in the first three months of the year was from Singaporeans and permanent residents, a significant proportion of whom comprised HDB upgraders,' said CBRE Research executive director Li Hiaw Ho.

Indeed, new launches in mass-market to mid-tier projects contributed to the bulk of sales in March. The most popular was Double Bay Residences in Simei - developers UOL Group and Kheng Leong sold 264 units at a median price of $659 psf.

Far East Organization also sold 101 units at its Mi Casa condominium in Choa Chu Kang at a median price of $617 psf, while 90 units at City Developments' The Arte fetched a median price of $874 psf.

There is 'strong demand for lower-range properties in the outer areas that are priced below $1,000 psf,' observed PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail.

The mass-market and mid-tier sectors also dominated recent launches. DTZ senior director of research Chua Chor Hoon noted that 95 per cent of all launches in Q1 09 were outside the prime districts 9, 10 and 11. Developers brought out 832 new units in March, down 22 per cent from the 1,072 in February.

In contrast, activity in the Core Central Region continued to lag behind in March. Reception to The Mercury at Shanghai Road was the strongest, with buyers taking up 62 units at a median price of $1,148 psf.

The retreat of foreigners from the luxury property market could be one reason for the weak performance, said Knight Frank's director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak. 'Preliminary figures suggest that the percentage of foreign transactions stood at 16.8 per cent in Q1 2009, settling at levels observed in Q2 2003 when the Sars outbreak badly affected the market.'

On the whole, most observers BT spoke to believe that the property market still faces downside risks - the coming months may see prices stay flat or fall and the number of units sold may decrease.

'Historically, economic recovery precedes property market recovery,' said DTZ's Ms Chua. 'Right now, there is no economic fundamental to support a bottoming of the property market.'

Just on Tuesday, the government cut its 2009 economic growth forecast again to a range of minus 6 to minus 9 per cent.

Already, there are signs of developers lowering prices to push sales. For instance, 6 units in Kovan Residences went for $782-$865 psf in February, achieving a median price of $809 psf. By March, 56 units were sold at a median price of $705 psf, with overall prices ranging from $597-$823 psf.

In fact, price cuts and the relatively affordable costs of smaller units could have spurred demand in the last few months, said DMG & Partners Securities analyst Brandon Lee. CIMB analyst Donald Chua also expects more price adjustments to happen at projects that have not been fully taken up.

In terms of new units that can be sold in the next nine months, few market watchers were confident of seeing the 1,000-a-month mark being crossed often. Some estimate that the transaction volume this year may range from 6,000-8,000 units in total. This would still be an improvement on 2008, when 4,264 units were sold.

Still, it's not smooth sailing. Even some popular projects are taking back units. URA data indicates that buyers returned 20 units at the Caspian and 10 units at the Alexis between February and March.

URA will release more concrete data on home sales on April 24. Among other factors, its real estate statistics for Q1 2009 will take into account options on units sold that subsequently lapsed later.

roger168
17-04-09, 11:24
Property valuers feel the buzz
Apr 14, 2009 - The Business Times
Kalpana Rashiwala

(SINGAPORE) Away from the glare of the market, valuations departments of property consultancy groups here have been quietly doing brisk business despite the property slump.

Valuers attribute this in part to a pick-up in sales at private residential property launches since February. Also contributing to demand are buyers who are getting loans for units bought earlier on Deferred Payment Schemes (DPS), and borrowers who are seeking better refinancing packages and switching banks.

Some property consultants say banks are requesting more frequent valuations of properties in their loans portfolio, given declining property values. 'It's not just for housing loans, but offices, factories, etc. I suppose banks have to monitor if the properties are in negative equity,' says DTZ Southeast Asia's CEO Ho Tian Lam.

Said Joseph Wong, OCBC Bank's group chief credit officer (consumer credit risk), group risk management: 'We conduct regular reviews on our loan portfolio which cover various factors including update of valuation of properties.'

Mr Ho said the volume of valuations at DTZ has risen more than 10 per cent in the past one or two months compared with the same year- ago period. The firm has redeployed two senior marketing executives from its investment sales department to its valuations department.

Knight Frank managing director Tan Tiong Cheng told BT the number of valuation instructions for private residential properties clinched by his firm has increased 36 per cent in Q1 this year compared with the preceding quarter. For March alone, the figure has gone up 59 per cent from the preceding month. These instructions, which are requested either by lending banks or borrowers, refer to paid valuations and not indicative ones, which are often provided to banks for free or for a token sum.

Jones Lang LaSalle's head of valuation advisory services Tan Keng Chiam said his firm has seen a 10-20 per cent rise in the number of weekly valuation enquiries since late March compared with the January-February period. 'But this has not translated to huge volumes of business,' he added.

Mr Tan said there have been 'more enquiries for refinancing purposes as well as a noticeable, though slight, increase related to home purchases'.

Despite higher business volumes, none of the firms, citing competition, has any plans to raise its valuation fees, which can be as little as $300 to $500 for valuing small apartments. Commercial buildings cost several thousands to tens of thousands of dollars to value, depending on the size and complexity of the valuation required, which also depends on the lender's profile. Package fees for valuing an entire portfolio of buildings for a property group or real estate investment trust (Reit) can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

'For Reits, in particular, valuations are a lot more meticulous. We have to go through individual tenancies and do more checks in general. And we don't just use the comparables method but also discounted cashflow to arrive at the property valuations,' Knight Frank's Mr Tan said.

Most valuers BT spoke to say a key reason they have been kept busier lately is the gush of private residential property launches of affordably priced mass- market and small-sized apartments. With fewer launches these days offering DPS, buyers have to sign up for a housing loan soon after their purchase - whether they are opting for interest absorption or taking a normal progress payment scheme.

For projects sold earlier on DPS that are nearing completion (when DPS expires), buyers need to get their home loans in place, and this has also led to more valuations required, explains Mr Tan of Knight Frank.

In addition, the increase in primary market home sales by developers has spilled over into the secondary market, and this has been another source of higher demand for valuations.

The head of another property consulting group told BT that some real estate funds have been asking for monthly valuations of their property portfolio to 'track the market more closely instead of relying just on annual valuations'.

DTZ's Mr Ho says Reits seeking refinancing have also contributed to an increase in valuation requests at the firm.

Valuers note that besides Reits, other property owners who have opted to refinance mortgages - for their homes, for instance - because of more attractive packages offered by rival banks have also raised demand for valuation services.

DTZ's Mr Ho said that the firm's professional services - which besides valuation include research and consultancy, property management and project/ facilities management - account for about 30-40 per cent of revenue in normal times, with agency activities like property sales, leasing and investment sales taking the lead

roger168
17-04-09, 11:31
Sorry for the lond thread. Hope you like the Positive news from the local papers.

Hope to see more buyers @ Waterfront Waves snapping up the units.

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

noblebaby
17-04-09, 11:48
Sorry for the lond thread. Hope you like the Positive news from the local papers.

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

Mr. Roger, all of us here are actually more interested on the updated sales figure of Waterfront Waves than the news articles... :D

Please update us... or the sales figure is P&L?!?

roger168
17-04-09, 12:11
Just only know 60+ units sold over last 6-7 weeks. Some of the units sold recently have not lodged caveat so you cannot see them in URA. Total around 209 units have been sold as what I last checked. More are coming and soon....:)

pang
17-04-09, 13:48
Just only know 60+ units sold over last 6-7 weeks. Some of the units sold recently have not lodged caveat so you cannot see them in URA. Total around 209 units have been sold as what I last checked. More are coming and soon....:)

is there any website for URA? OK to share here? :scared-5:

kEN9170
17-04-09, 13:54

Hi Roger, how many starbuy units still available?

forte
17-04-09, 14:23

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

Hi Roger, the positive news from the paper is the private property in Singapore will be going down another 10 to 20%. Pls update us when the price is coming down. Thanks

sunny
17-04-09, 14:57
Hi Roger, the positive news from the paper is the private property in Singapore will be going down another 10 to 20%. Pls update us when the price is coming down. Thanks

:doh: stock mkt rally up for the past few weeks. most saying economy has bottomed out. wfw 50% sold ( developer most likely already breakeven ).
i think price unlikely to come down. if stock mkt can sustain at current level for the next few months. i think property prices will move up slowly again.

proud owner
17-04-09, 15:16
:doh: stock mkt rally up for the past few weeks. most saying economy has bottomed out. wfw 50% sold ( developer most likely already breakeven ).
i think price unlikely to come down. if stock mkt can sustain at current level for the next few months. i think property prices will move up slowly again.

so for those who has lost their jobs ... should they be punting stock mkt or buy property ?

sunny
17-04-09, 15:23
so for those who has lost their jobs ... should they be punting stock mkt or buy property ?

:doh: you can't make money punting stock mkt. long run sure to get burnt.
use leverage. buy good stock below a dollar and wait for the next bull run.
easily can make more than 100%. but must be discipline.

noblebaby
17-04-09, 17:24

In the time like this, I rather buy Capitaland shares than buy property for investment... More liquidity and so many buyers and sellers out there, you can sell and buy back any time... In term of yield, also got 5%.

For those who lost their job, better keep the money in the bank. Don't buy any thing...! :D

Nico
17-04-09, 17:33
So many news reported on good home sale etc..but data on WFW is no where to be found... I am puzzled actually..:scared-2:

cheerful
17-04-09, 17:37
So many news reported on good home sale etc..but data on WFW is no where to be found... I am puzzled actually..:scared-2:

Have lah ... go check URA. For your easy reference, it's over here for March 'sold' ...
222 launched, 196 sold, 26 unsold (of which Mar = 38)
March pricing >> 621psf median (highest 710, lowest 561)

:D

noblebaby
17-04-09, 17:38

Maybe WFW is not a new launch project, therefore seldom mentioned in the press... Anyway, the sales of WFW is considered not bad and it's still inside the top 10 best selling chart for March! :D

Nico
17-04-09, 17:50
Have lah ... go check URA. For your easy reference, it's over here for March 'sold' ...
222 launched, 196 sold, 26 unsold (of which Mar = 38)
March pricing >> 621psf median (highest 710, lowest 561)

:D

but it is not in the news...

Nico
17-04-09, 17:51
Maybe WFW is not a new launch project, therefore seldom mentioned in the press... Anyway, the sales of WFW is considered not bad and it's still inside the top 10 best selling chart for March! :D

personally i still find that the sales are pretty slow given a high end dev like The Arte can achieve a 80% sales upon launch

noblebaby
17-04-09, 18:02
personally i still find that the sales are pretty slow given a high end dev like The Arte can achieve a 80% sales upon launch

The only downside of WFW is not near to MRT n it is also not a project in CCR or RCR... The thing that can boost the sales is the announcement of DTL3...

Currently those who bought are the nature lovers, existing resident of bedok or near to school n parents

DealsHunter
18-04-09, 01:30
I just went down to the showflat.

The Far east guy told me that 209 or 210 units were sold. Left ard 20 to 30 starbuy units according to the board on the wall I roughly calculated.

According to the Feo guy they may release a new stack for starbuy and maybe stack 12. Looking from the floorplan is a 3+study looking towards a future development.

DealsHunter
18-04-09, 01:34

Wah forte, i hope you're right....:ashamed1: .
See the good news i also afraid, scare to miss the boat altogether.

Wait stock market rally up and the boom time comes back suddenly without me realising it....:scared-5: .

noblebaby
18-04-09, 09:56
Wah forte, i hope you're right....:ashamed1: .
See the good news i also afraid, scare to miss the boat altogether.

Wait stock market rally up and the boom time comes back suddenly without me realising it....:scared-5: .

Dont think the developers will further lower down the price of WFW as more than half has already sold... Those units facing the reservoir fetched up a very good price of more than $1mil... Assumed they already break even... Furthermore, other projects under FCP/FEO like Caspian and Mi Casa are doing well also... There is no doubt on the finacial strength and cash flow of these 2 developers... Maybe they will offer stamp duty absorption or some freebies to boost the sales...

Since WFW will only TOP after 2 years, the developers can afford to slowly sell the premium units... No point to sell it cheap now with the expectation the economy will be out of the woods in 2010...

Anyway, property prices will not have huge fluctuation as stock market... Just take your time to pick the prefered unit that suits your budget... As for stock market, then we really need to do alot of homework and get the most updated news... Those who keep waiting the price to go lower and lower have already missed the boat in the recent rebound... Market is in the mid of bottoming process, look beyond the bear rally, invest for long term that is sustainable, cheers!

kEN9170
19-04-09, 14:29
Progress On Site For Waterfront Waves As At April 2009

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/fch_constructionprogress/fch_homebuyer_construction_waterfrontwaves.html

VIPCLUB2004
19-04-09, 22:26
http://www.redas.com/HTML/eProperty/transaction_search.asp

noblebaby
20-04-09, 10:15
http://www.redas.com/HTML/eProperty/transaction_search.asp

What to do with this link?

noblebaby
20-04-09, 21:08
Time to BUY?

Some interesting article to read tonight :sleep:

gohsoonk
21-04-09, 17:47
Time to BUY?

Some interesting article to read tonight :sleep:

Good articles

DealsHunter
23-04-09, 10:11
Anyone here bought from Far east people. can pm me. I doubting the words from the era agent. Got something to ask.

noblebaby
23-04-09, 13:19
Anyone here bought from Far east people. can pm me. I doubting the words from the era agent. Got something to ask.

any thing wrong with the agent?

cheahsg
23-04-09, 22:07
any thing wrong with the agent?

Yah... ask your questions here. One of us should be able to answer.

gohsoonk
24-04-09, 00:37
Yah... ask your questions here. One of us should be able to answer.

I probably can guess what DealsHunter will ask. It is sensitive and it is better to PM him.

The questions and answers would get sensitive.

noblebaby
24-04-09, 00:59
haha, the only sensitive thing is the price... and it is only sensitive among agents/developers not the buyer... :D

this is a public place for discussion, to share information and good "lobang" for those who are looking for good place n good price. :D

cheahsg
24-04-09, 11:13
haha, the only sensitive thing is the price... and it is only sensitive among agents/developers not the buyer... :D

this is a public place for discussion, to share information and good "lobang" for those who are looking for good place n good price. :D

Yah lor...

Almost all of the questions about WW and agents has been discussed here...

Morever what are there to discuss about agents?... Their price quoted is whatever developers wanted them to sell...

moshimoshi
24-04-09, 21:47
Any idea is Stack 16 just next to the HDB blocks?

noblebaby
24-04-09, 23:00
Any idea is Stack 16 just next to the HDB blocks?

yes, it's beside the HDB, but the balcony and bedroom is not facing the HDB... it should face the future development

noblebaby
25-04-09, 12:19
Analyst report on property stocks. Have a good weekend! :D

kEN9170
25-04-09, 14:22
Analyst report on property stocks. Have a good weekend! :D

WFW 48% sold as of Mar 09. Is it consider good?
Went reservoir jogging this am, there's PA paddle championship today & tomorrow. Hopefully it will push the sales up. :)

25-04-09, 14:24
WFW 48% sold as of Mar 09. Is it consider good?
Went reservoir jogging this am, there's PA paddle championship today & tomorrow. Hopefully it will push the sales up. :)

i don't consider the sales as good..WFW have been on the market for some time....:doh:

noblebaby
25-04-09, 23:16
i don't consider the sales as good..WFW have been on the market for some time....:doh:

Sales is consider slow... coz the price is quite high, not a mass market project.

25-04-09, 23:20
Sales is consider slow... coz the price is quite high, not a mass market project.

price is one thing,i notice ppl prefer DB more than WFW...:p

noblebaby
25-04-09, 23:23
price is one thing,i notice ppl prefer DB more than WFW...:p

DBR near to MRT... wait until the DTL3 annoucement, if one station is near to WFW, sure sales will pick up.

francistaong
27-04-09, 19:41
Star buy units for waterfront
2 bedroom - stack 27 -bal 1 unit
3 bedrooms - stack 03 - sold out
- stack 04 - sold out
- stack 16 - bal 8 units
- stack 23 - bal 7 units
- stack 25 - bal 6 units
- stack 26 - bal 3 units
4 bedrooms - stack 24 - bal 10 units

Please call if keen on above.

thanks!!

rdgs
francis

noblebaby
27-04-09, 20:06
- stack 04 - sold out
- stack 16 - bal 8 units
- stack 23 - bal 7 units
- stack 25 - bal 6 units
- stack 26 - bal 3 units

thanks!!

rdgs
francis

Sales is not bad... Considering the market is still very weak n several mass market projects just launched... Buyer still need more time to think... But hope the pig flu wont spread like SARS... Then we'll back to 2003 again...

noblebaby
27-04-09, 22:31
- stack 04 - sold out
- stack 16 - bal 8 units
- stack 23 - bal 7 units
- stack 25 - bal 6 units
- stack 26 - bal 3 units

thanks!!

rdgs
francis

Stack 25 only sold 5 units... too bad... :beats-me-man:

WF Constructor
27-04-09, 23:01
We are progressing well... Please bring more friends to the show suite...

noblebaby
27-04-09, 23:07
Singapore Property

Down Across the Board, No Major Surprises... :sleep:

pang
28-04-09, 07:48
- stack 04 - sold out
- stack 16 - bal 8 units
- stack 23 - bal 7 units
- stack 25 - bal 6 units
- stack 26 - bal 3 units

thanks!!

rdgs
francis

Any stack not release for sale yet?

cheahsg
28-04-09, 08:35
Any stack not release for sale yet?

All units have been release but not all at starbut prices.

cheahsg
28-04-09, 08:36
Stack 25 only sold 5 units... too bad... :beats-me-man:

Those not sold are not under the starbuy promotion.

noblebaby
28-04-09, 18:51
Those not sold are not under the starbuy promotion.

stack 25 is under starbuy right?

francistaong
28-04-09, 20:08
stack 25 is under starbuy right?

stack 25 - starbuy.

Not released to market yet - stacks 8 / 11 / 17 /18

noblebaby
28-04-09, 21:31
Singapore Property Research by DBSV - 28th April 09

:sleep:

kEN9170
29-04-09, 00:01
stack 25 - starbuy.

Not released to market yet - stacks 8 / 11 / 17 /18

Hi Francis, how big is the lap pool? Total no units sold as of today?

Water Lover
29-04-09, 13:00
So much of this starbuy or rather stucksell...just kidding..

Wonder the "expert" agents or "forumers" in this forum could provide how
much will the value of WFW go up if the future DTL station is close to WFW.
Can please provide some value add assessment? Will it be comparable
or even better then DB & Livia, Caspian, etc

This will give potential buyers some extra points to consider

Cheers!!:)

pang
29-04-09, 20:54
Found this forum discussing about fengshui in WFW project

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=25032&new= :)

kEN9170
29-04-09, 21:34

Thanks for sharing.:)

francistaong
29-04-09, 22:03
Hi Francis, how big is the lap pool? Total no units sold as of today?

Hi Ken, have given to you are the information whether thru the forum or PMs in the past. Believe you already brought your unit and you can also get these information from the agent you get from. Thanks!!

Rdgs

cyl
30-04-09, 13:56

Pardon me if i may seem skeptical but does feng shui really matters? Never understood how does feng shui affects one's life. All seem rather bullish to me...

cheahsg
30-04-09, 17:59
Pardon me if i may seem skeptical but does feng shui really matters? Never understood how does feng shui affects one's life. All seem rather bullish to me...

Doesn't really matter now... you have already bought your unit based on your instinct and preference. Just stick with it as it was your liking that is the most important.

jitkiat
30-04-09, 18:10

I think u should care about Straits Times Index rather than FengShui :-)

francistaong
30-04-09, 20:18
New limited Stacks Release for Starbuy from 1st May.

Stacks - 11 ( #04-#06 )
- 12 ( #04-#06 )
- 19 / 20 / 28 / 29

please call for details.

Regards
francis

cyl
30-04-09, 20:43
I think u should care about Straits Times Index rather than FengShui :-)

i dont think you understand what i am trying to ask. I am asking those people who believes in feng shui, how does it affect them. Meaning to say, i am not pondering about my purchase but rather curious on who some people factor the feng shui element in their lives....

30-04-09, 21:25
i dont think you understand what i am trying to ask. I am asking those people who believes in feng shui, how does it affect them. Meaning to say, i am not pondering about my purchase but rather curious on who some people factor the feng shui element in their lives....

sometimes it better to be safe than sorry,agree?:D

Water Lover
30-04-09, 21:40
Went down to showroom recently. ERA agent told me the DTL station
most likely at Reservoir, near to the playground area where the carpark is located.

Wonder whether how accurate is the projection. Anyone of you are given
the same information?:cool:

30-04-09, 22:01
Went down to showroom recently. ERA agent told me the DTL station
most likely at Reservoir, near to the playground area where the carpark is located.

Wonder whether how accurate is the projection. Anyone of you are given
the same information?:cool:

I was being told the same thing by an ERA agent...but don't know how true is it.
as u know agents words always roti prata here n there..:D

forte
01-05-09, 00:11
sometimes it better to be safe than sorry,agree?:D
:tsk-tsk: Look at the forum from
http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=25032&new
The "fung sui master" did not really understan the project well and start giving advice. All his advice is base on siteplan and not to the detail floor plan. Some of the units did not face the direction as he mentioned.
eg. "Units or stacks 15, 16, 21, 22 and 25 should be SW3 (or SW2) facing." By study clearly, 16 and 25 are not the same as 15, 21 and 22.
There are more mistake after you go through the forum.
So still think better to be safe than sorry?

noblebaby
01-05-09, 08:58
New limited Stacks Release for Starbuy from 1st May.

Stacks - 11 ( #04-#06 )
- 12 ( #04-#06 )
- 19 / 20 / 28 / 29

please call for details.

Regards
francis

Walau, should release early la... If not sure buy... Dont tell me the discount is as much as the previous starbuy.

noblebaby
01-05-09, 09:05

Home feng sui is all abt layout, direction n orientation inside n outside of the house... If a house is all good for the above, the ppl living inside will feel good too... If a person always feel good, then the thing he or she do will b good n smooth...

jitkiat
01-05-09, 10:17
Home feng sui is all abt layout, direction n orientation inside n outside of the house... If a house is all good for the above, the ppl living inside will feel good too... If a person always feel good, then the thing he or she do will b good n smooth...

From a Buddhist perspective, if you are committing very good karma, even not-so-good feng shui can be changed. 凡人命运, 圣人运命。

cyl
01-05-09, 10:28
From a Buddhist perspective, if you are committing very good karma, even not-so-good feng shui can be changed. 凡人命运, 圣人运命。

Pardon me for saying this but does real Buddhism involve feng shui? Anyway, i have read up certain articles pertaining to this matter. I guess like what certain people here say, better safe then sorry. Hehe...

HAPPY LABOUR DAY!!!

Water Lover
01-05-09, 11:00
I am happy to have a roof over my head and can even afford to buy a condo. what esle to ask for...fung shui???? swine flu is more worrying.:doh:

francistaong
01-05-09, 22:15
Walau, should release early la... If not sure buy... Dont tell me the discount is as much as the previous starbuy.

Yes, about the same.

rdgs
francis 91163014

noblebaby
02-05-09, 13:03
Pardon me for saying this but does real Buddhism involve feng shui? Anyway, i have read up certain articles pertaining to this matter. I guess like what certain people here say, better safe then sorry. Hehe...

HAPPY LABOUR DAY!!!

Yup feng sui n religion r 2 diff things

jitkiat
02-05-09, 14:15
Feng Sui .. a lot is common sense. Just walk around this project this morning. If you plan to buy the stacks facing the park (PIE) or HDB, just walk around the park /HDBs and see wheter you can tolerate the noise of PIE. Last time I climbed up 12th floor of HDB block besides Damai Secondary School. Yes, the view of the reservoir is stunning but I was annoyed by a constant noise from PIE and Bedok Reservoir Road ...

Water Lover
02-05-09, 15:14
Feng Sui .. a lot is common sense. Just walk around this project this morning. If you plan to buy the stacks facing the park (PIE) or HDB, just walk around the park /HDBs and see wheter you can tolerate the noise of PIE. Last time I climbed up 12th floor of HDB block besides Damai Secondary School. Yes, the view of the reservoir is stunning but I was annoyed by a constant noise from PIE and Bedok Reservoir Road ...

WFW is quite a distance from the PIE. Was the noise from PIE very loud & that disturbing? Ever strolled the park which is closer to PIE. Felt a bit of the noise.

Anyway, just to seek your personal opinion (if any) if the new MRT is next to WFW, what is your take of this project from investment angle as well as staying, etc.

jitkiat
02-05-09, 16:19
WFW is quite a distance from the PIE. Was the noise from PIE very loud & that disturbing? Ever strolled the park which is closer to PIE. Felt a bit of the noise.

Anyway, just to seek your personal opinion (if any) if the new MRT is next to WFW, what is your take of this project from investment angle as well as staying, etc.

FYI, Those stacks are only 200-300m from PIE ... the so-called STAR BUY units selling at 600psf, some more it is almost sold out ... faint

Price is determined by supply and demand ... just calculate how many upcoming supplies (there are 2 more waterfront XXX coming, DBSS Bedok ..) and the existing supplies from Aquarius By the Park ,XXXWater

Water Lover
02-05-09, 16:43
FYI, Those stacks are only 200-300m from PIE ... the so-called STAR BUY units selling at 600psf, some more it is almost sold out ... faint

Price is determined by supply and demand ... just calculate how many upcoming supplies (there are 2 more waterfront XXX coming, DBSS Bedok ..) and the existing supplies from Aquarius By the Park ,XXXWater

Don't quite agree with the comments. Anyway thanks.

noblebaby
02-05-09, 21:59

no need to faint... those with money can just buy, those with no money only can see see and look look... talk so much, see so much also no point.

Water Lover
02-05-09, 23:18
Looks like all stacks already started as of 2/5/09

cheahsg
02-05-09, 23:58

Bro, did you miss the boat? Or you have no intention of staying in the east. From you have commented, nothing in the east suits you.

Douk
03-05-09, 22:45

not so sure if the MRT will be next to WFW, there isnt much space for MRT track around WFW right ? if it did, then it will cause more noise to the environment. so may not be a good thing.. just my thoughts.

sunny
04-05-09, 08:14
not so sure if the MRT will be next to WFW, there isnt much space for MRT track around WFW right ? if it did, then it will cause more noise to the environment. so may not be a good thing.. just my thoughts.

:doh: no noise bro, mrt running underground ...

LongMan
04-05-09, 08:37
Hi guys,

Where can I find the lastest update on available units? Thanks.

Cheers

kal
04-05-09, 08:46
showflat !

jitkiat
04-05-09, 11:42
Bro, did you miss the boat? Or you have no intention of staying in the east. From you have commented, nothing in the east suits you.

Don't get me wrong. I just want to warn people on the potential noise from PIE if you decide to buy the stacks facing the park (PIE). Anyway, it is all sold out, guess most people dun mind the noise given they are priced below 600psf.

Douk
04-05-09, 13:30

I see. Thanks, that is good news to the WFW owners. The starbuy is attractive and has good potential for future growth.

LongMan
04-05-09, 16:22

How do you know MRT is underground?

sunny
04-05-09, 16:38

:doh: refer to earlier post. i think just a few weeks back. someone posted the latest LTA plan.

kEN9170
04-05-09, 16:59
Posted by noblebaby.....:)

Extracted from LTA Website:

Progress Update of Downtown Line Contracts

15. Seven major civil contracts for DTL1 have been awarded thus far with the final award for the Bugis Station and tunnels to be announced soon.

16. For DTL2, 10 major civil contracts will be awarded from early 2009 onwards.

17. Major civil contracts for DTL3 will be called in 2010.

18. "With the award of these six DTL contracts, I am pleased that the progress of the project is on-time. We are looking forward to the completion of DTL1 in 2013," said Mr Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive, LTA.

About Downtown Line

19. At 40 km with 33 stations, DTL is the longest underground rail project to date and will run through high-traffic and built-up corridors. It will be fully underground and will be built in three stages. It is targeted to be completed by 2016.

20. With the DTL, the connectivity of the existing Rapid Transit System (RTS) network will be strengthened. The DTL will facilitate direct travel from the northwestern and eastern areas of the island to the Central Business District (CBD) and the Marina Bay. It also provides a strategic transport link to support the development of the Marina Bay area.

21. DTL is projected to see a daily ridership of around 500k when in full operation.

noblebaby
04-05-09, 17:04

All info on LTA website... Those who play construction stocks must alwaz visit LTA news

noblebaby
04-05-09, 17:08
Don't get me wrong. I just want to warn people on the potential noise from PIE if you decide to buy the stacks facing the park (PIE). Anyway, it is all sold out, guess most people dun mind the noise given they are priced below 600psf.

I think The Arte is noiser than WFW, just 50m away from PIE...

jitkiat
04-05-09, 17:14
I think The Arte is noiser than WFW, just 50m away from PIE...

Agree ... guess the tenants will blast aircon 7x24 anyway

moshimoshi
04-05-09, 17:54
Hi,

Does anyone have an update on the latest pricing of the starbuy units that are just released last week??

jitkiat
04-05-09, 18:10
Hi,

Does anyone have an update on the latest pricing of the starbuy units that are just released last week??
Was quoted one unit in stack facing the tennis court, 5th floor for 744k (IAS + 2%),~591psf. Another one has a partial lake view on 9th floor for 780k (IAS + 2%),~640psf ... I think they are probably gone by now. And the last 2 bedroom, 14th floor facing PIE (the so-called park view), for 698k.

noblebaby
05-05-09, 18:50
Looks like all stacks already started as of 2/5/09

Any more photos? look like not much progress since my last visit a month ago...

any way, the stock market seems bottomed and rebounding... forming higher lows... good sign... property market should be able to form base and rebound in the next 6-9 months. :D

noblebaby
05-05-09, 18:52
Hi,

Better to visit the showroom... im sure many units are still available... but if market rebounds in V-shape, then sales will improve... maybe you may not get good unit by then...

jitkiat
05-05-09, 18:59
According to URA data, Aquarius by the Park condo is selling at 500+psf in March/April ... why the price so depressed compared to WFW ?!

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=AQUARIUS%20BY%20THE%20PARK&street_name=BEDOK%20RESERVOIR%20VIEW&property_type_code=24%27%29;)

noblebaby
05-05-09, 19:32
According to URA data, Aquarius by the Park condo is selling at 500+psf in March/April ... why the price so depressed compared to WFW ?!

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=AQUARIUS%20BY%20THE%20PARK&street_name=BEDOK%20RESERVOIR%20VIEW&property_type_code=24%27%29;)

Depends on the size, floor level, facing... And age...

kEN9170
05-05-09, 19:54
Depends on the size, floor level, facing... And age...

Most probably Aquarius by the Park already 10yrs old.

Water Lover
05-05-09, 21:22

Don't tell me you are waiting for WFW to drop to the same price?

The construction cost is probably double the price 10 years
ago. Do you think the Big Towkays from FEO & FCL will sell
at a lost or small profits or rather hold & wait for the market to pick up.

Maybe you should check the price of Elias Green as compared to Livia.
Elias G is just beside Livia. Let me know if the price are close.:spliff:

jitkiat
05-05-09, 21:25
Most probably Aquarius by the Park already 10yrs old.

adverstisement in property guru indicates construction year at 2002 ... it is near a very big canal and seems to have more than 700 units, may be the units transacted all have "canal view" :D

Water Lover
06-05-09, 20:21
Any more photos? look like not much progress since my last visit a month ago...

any way, the stock market seems bottomed and rebounding... forming higher lows... good sign... property market should be able to form base and rebound in the next 6-9 months. :D

You will not see much action for stacks facing parks & HDB as they
start from 4th floor. They are building the void from the Bcarpark

noblebaby
07-05-09, 09:36
You will not see much action for stacks facing parks & HDB as they
start from 4th floor. They are building the void from the Bcarpark

is that the car park for stack 11 & 12??? look like a lot of pillar, how to park the car?

noblebaby
07-05-09, 17:18
wow, stock market closed higher again... forming a higher base... hope property market stabilized and recover soon than expected... then no more starbuy :D

cheahsg
07-05-09, 18:15
wow, stock market closed higher again... forming a higher base... hope property market stabilized and recover soon than expected... then no more starbuy :D

Yeah yeah... starbuy should con't and hopefully can hit 90% soldout. So when the WaterFront Key launch will be a higher psf thus bringing up WW value together.

Then again, this could just a short term technical rebound. Too fast for a recovery when major banks are still posting losses.

jitkiat
07-05-09, 18:34
Look at how CityDev and how other property stocks chiong with high volume, breaking major resistance and regain 200 day moving average with expanding volume. U-shape recovery looks like.

noblebaby
07-05-09, 19:31
Look at how CityDev and how other property stocks chiong with high volume, breaking major resistance and regain 200 day moving average with expanding volume. U-shape recovery looks like.

Thank god capland n kepland cheong like mad... Waiting those REITHs to break...

noblebaby
07-05-09, 19:44

How much room can STI chiong? what is the new support level? Any advice For those who missed the boat?

forte
07-05-09, 20:49
is that the car park for stack 11 & 12??? look like a lot of pillar, how to park the car?

I have been comparing the 3 recent lauches WFW, DBR & Livia. Finally convince that WFW is the right choice...currently there is this starbuy for stack 11? any comments on this stack?

Agent quoted around $680psf for mid floor...is it a good buy? It will come up to over $900k that seems quite a high price to pay for a 99LH.

jitkiat
07-05-09, 21:05
How much room can STI chiong? what is the new support level? Any advice For those who missed the boat?

Resistance at 2,400. You should buy only when it crosses 2,400. The more people miss the boat, the faster it will go up heh heh heh

jitkiat
07-05-09, 21:07
I have been comparing the 3 recent lauches WFW, DBR & Livia. Finally convince that WFW is the right choice...currently there is this starbuy for stack 11? any comments on this stack?

Agent quoted around $680psf for mid floor...is it a good buy? It will come up to over $900k that seems quite a high price to pay for a 99LH.

If want to buy WFW, must buy the one got lake view, otherwise, buy DBR better

noblebaby
07-05-09, 21:22
Resistance at 2,400. You should buy only when it crosses 2,400. The more people miss the boat, the faster it will go up heh heh heh

pull back tomorrow :D

kEN9170
07-05-09, 22:00
If want to buy WFW, must buy the one got lake view, otherwise, buy DBR better

Not neccessary to get lake view. Just walk across the road, you can get a magnificent views of the reservoir. Stack 11 can get a full view of the lap pool too. Nice choice!

jitkiat
07-05-09, 22:11
Not neccessary to get lake view. Just walk across the road, you can get a magnificent views of the reservoir. Stack 11 can get a full view of the lap pool too. Nice choice!

Spend 900k, 50k on a balcony, still dun get a lake view ... you are too kind to the developer. Go to the HDB behind the showflat, take a lift to 12th floor and see the lake view ... it is very different from walking across the road. And "magnificent" is relative, I have travelled to many countries with natural lakes 10 times better than Bedok Reservoir.

noblebaby
07-05-09, 22:20
Spend 900k, 50k on a balcony, still dun get a lake view ... you are too kind to the developer. Go to the HDB behind the showflat, take a lift to 12th floor and see the lake view ... it is very different from walking across the road. And "magnificent" is relative, I have travelled to many countries with natural lakes 10 times better than Bedok Reservoir.

This is ppl $$$, they buy wat they like... Since you think other lake is so much nicer then no point buy facing lake... Stack 11 can see the pool of WFK too

kEN9170
07-05-09, 22:47

There are not many lakes in Singapore...no point to compare with other countries.. many of us who had travelled to many countries already know our lakes & views is no where comparable... anyway thanks for sharing your travelling experiences...:)

Water Lover
07-05-09, 23:17

All stacks have pros & cons. Difficult to get perfect esp. for starbuy.
I think your stack may be able to see beautiful sunrise & pool view
with no blocking on your front for at least some distance. Beside there is a children playground and near to side gate -quite convenient. No afternoon sun problem.

But not sure whether windy or not which I think should not be too back as new development is quite a distance away. Only setback I think your study room is facing stack 12 study room. If aircon & curtain I think should not be too bad. Can double check with agent.

Price wise I am not too sure - cannot advice.

Anyway can share why you choose WFW among the three?;)

Regulators
08-05-09, 00:43
the silly thing in singapore is they call reservoirs lakes, smelly longkangs rivers and a teenie winnie abandoned quarry Guilin.
There are not many lakes in Singapore...no point to compare with other countries.. many of us who had travelled to many countries already know our lakes & views is no where comparable... anyway thanks for sharing your travelling experiences...:)

noblebaby
08-05-09, 07:43

What convinced you to go for WFW? Yup, with 900k you can get FH at east cost...

forte
08-05-09, 07:48
All stacks have pros & cons. Difficult to get perfect esp. for starbuy.
I think your stack may be able to see beautiful sunrise & pool view
with no blocking on your front for at least some distance. Beside there is a children playground and near to side gate -quite convenient. No afternoon sun problem.

But not sure whether windy or not which I think should not be too back as new development is quite a distance away. Only setback I think your study room is facing stack 12 study room. If aircon & curtain I think should not be too bad. Can double check with agent.

Price wise I am not too sure - cannot advice.

Anyway can share why you choose WFW among the three?;)

Why choose WFW?

1) Livia----One main reason Pasir Ris is too far

My choice really betw DBR vs WFW

2) DBR---a) Too cramp all the units facing pool will also get a view of the other units, b) layout not good, i wanted to get 3BR but the other 2 BR is so small machiam like study room size....the pricing i got for DBR pool facing is also around 670-690psf for pool facing similar to WFW whereas stack 11 is almost unblock with better & bigger rooms, c) my girl going St Hilda in 3yrs time so WFW much nearer and just in time

Of course DBR have its pros as well which is the MRT & Mall that is the main good thing i like abt DBR but after weighing everything i still choose WFW...now crossing my fingers that MRT will be near WFW

jitkiat
08-05-09, 08:26
Why choose WFW?

2) DBR---a) Too cramp all the units facing pool will also get a view of the other units, b) layout not good, i wanted to get 3BR but the other 2 BR is so small machiam like study room size....the pricing i got for DBR pool facing is also around 670-690psf for pool facing similar to WFW whereas stack 11 is almost unblock with better & bigger rooms, c) my girl going St Hilda in 3yrs time so WFW much nearer and just in time

Of course DBR have its pros as well which is the MRT & Mall that is the main good thing i like abt DBR but after weighing everything i still choose WFW...now crossing my fingers that MRT will be near WFW

St Hilda is outside of 1km lah. Even volunteer also must ballot, within 1km also must ballot. 900k in DBR you can buy those facing landed properties and enjoy unblocked views too. May be you want to check out prices of similar size flat in nearby condo like Aquarius, Baywater etc

forte
08-05-09, 09:47
St Hilda is outside of 1km lah. Even volunteer also must ballot, within 1km also must ballot. 900k in DBR you can buy those facing landed properties and enjoy unblocked views too. May be you want to check out prices of similar size flat in nearby condo like Aquarius, Baywater etc

we know DBR has those unblocked facing towards expo but we prefer pool view....have been looking at DBR since it launched it had been a tight choice betw DBR & WFW...

I am alumumi in St Hilda so no need within 1km...

jitkiat
08-05-09, 10:04
we know DBR has those unblocked facing towards expo but we prefer pool view....have been looking at DBR since it launched it had been a tight choice betw DBR & WFW...

I am alumumi in St Hilda so no need within 1km...

You may also want to consider 2 more plots of land on the left and right of WFW to be developed by Far East. This means the future supplies of flats in Bedok Reservoir will be very high (consider also the existing number of flats already in that area). The agents will always say that new projects will be priced 20% higher or 1000psf then you must buy now which is total nonsense to me. As price is always determined by supply & demand. Since supply is going to be very high, this makes me worried about whether there will be a matching demand especially if enonomy recovery is going to be sluggish. And it is not at all certain that MRT will be near Aquaris by the Park area consider digging tunnel so near the reservoir.

forte
08-05-09, 10:08

You are right. I have been looking at those east coast FH (Telok Kurau area)...can get at $800k plus....but very small developments (less than 80units) with limited facilities...the unit will not have any view....small land size so will be very cramp feeling.....not sure is it worth just becos of the FH status..

WFW will be more lifestyle living...with 2 parks within walking distance....a big pool and bigger land space

Will be going down this weekend to look at stack 11 again....$900k not small sum leh must be very convinced before can commit

jitkiat
08-05-09, 10:11
You are right. I have been looking at those east coast FH (Telok Kurau area)...can get at $800k plus....but very small developments (less than 80units) with limited facilities...the unit will not have any view....small land size so will be very cramp feeling.....not sure is it worth just becos of the FH status..

WFW will be more lifestyle living...with 2 parks within walking distance....a big pool and bigger land space

Will be going down this weekend to look at stack 11 again....$900k not small sum leh must be very convinced before can commit

900k can also get FH at Kovan area, although that area may not be everyone's cup of tea.

kEN9170
08-05-09, 12:12

East Coast mostly small development and unit facing unit is too close for comfort. Unless you prefer older development like The Summit, The Baycourt, etc...

WFW is closed to nature....good for kids....

lyrix
08-05-09, 17:26
anyone know how the club house look like of WFW? as DBR already posted the detailed interior renovation of its club house. i am curious if WFW's is as good as that one.:rolleyes:

noblebaby
08-05-09, 21:43
anyone know how the club house look like of WFW? as DBR already posted the detailed interior renovation of its club house. i am curious if WFW's is as good as that one.:rolleyes:

Hmnnnn... Never thought about it during my purchase... Is that important? Anyway sales will b improved soon as i can see the confident has slowly coming back... Ppl make $$$ from stock then no worries to spend more...

Douk
08-05-09, 23:21

900k cannot get east coast FH.... not even a 2 bedroom unit...

Douk
08-05-09, 23:30
You may also want to consider 2 more plots of land on the left and right of WFW to be developed by Far East. This means the future supplies of flats in Bedok Reservoir will be very high (consider also the existing number of flats already in that area). The agents will always say that new projects will be priced 20% higher or 1000psf then you must buy now which is total nonsense to me. As price is always determined by supply & demand. Since supply is going to be very high, this makes me worried about whether there will be a matching demand especially if enonomy recovery is going to be sluggish. And it is not at all certain that MRT will be near Aquaris by the Park area consider digging tunnel so near the reservoir.

Agreed. If the price is not right, there is still plenty of chance to purchase later due to plan for 2 more projects. This is probably a short recovery.. price unlikely to shoot up like 1-2 years ago.

Douk
08-05-09, 23:33

Price went up? Thought starbuy is at 600psf ? 680psf doesnt seems like a star buy..

kEN9170
08-05-09, 23:58
Price went up? Thought starbuy is at 600psf ? 680psf doesnt seems like a star buy..

Pool/reservoir facing units are more expensive.
Ground floor units usually have lower psf due to PES.

noblebaby
09-05-09, 00:06
900k cannot get east coast FH.... not even a 2 bedroom unit...

go do your research. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Douk
09-05-09, 00:09
go do your research. :hell-hath-no-fury:
Just show it in the post will do, you can check from caveat lodge.

noblebaby
09-05-09, 00:13
Agreed. If the price is not right, there is still plenty of chance to purchase later due to plan for 2 more projects. This is probably a short recovery.. price unlikely to shoot up like 1-2 years ago.

haha... every thing is possible... no body is able to predict our STI index can chiong 300 points just in this week... those who have the $$$ and gut to buy few weeks ago are winners now... just buy if you think the price is right for you... no need to wait and wait until missed the boat...

Douk
09-05-09, 00:16
haha... every thing is possible... no body is able to predict our STI index can chiong 300 points just in this week... those who have the $$$ and gut to buy few weeks ago are winners now... just buy if you think the price is right for you... no need to wait and wait until missed the boat...

this is really a naive comparison.

noblebaby
09-05-09, 00:21
this is really a naive comparison.

maybe I'm... anyway, I have bought my preferred unit at WFW and have made good return from my investments... I can sleep well now... and wait for WFW to T.O.P... cheers!

Douk
09-05-09, 00:23
maybe I'm... anyway, I have bought my preferred unit at WFW and have made good return from my investments... I can sleep well now... and wait for WFW to T.O.P... cheers!

i have bought mine too.

noblebaby
09-05-09, 00:24
i have bought mine too.

where you bought?

forte
09-05-09, 07:43

600psf is for those park facing....this is pool facing and choice stake...you have to see which stack...even when newspaper advertise from certain psf it does'nt mean for all units.....they usually quote the cheapest in the project....

Water Lover
09-05-09, 10:20
Why choose WFW?

The MRT should not be too far away from WFW. Maybe even nearer than than that of Livia & DBR. Underground somemore. No noise and retain the original natural view. Only setback, it comes only in 2016. Mall is only good if you like shopping everyday, not forgetting the crowd & conjestion that come with it. some neighbourhood facilities should be good enough. Just my personal opinion.;)

I brought my friend who is an experience buyer to DBR showroom. He requested to walk out within 5 mins. Just commented wasting time looking at the poor showflats. He's only comments - good point only one -quite near MRT.:confused:

kEN9170
09-05-09, 10:54
The MRT should not be too far away from WFW. Maybe even nearer than than that of Livia & DBR. Underground somemore. No noise and retain the original natural view. Only setback, it comes only in 2016. Mall is only good if you like shopping everyday, not forgetting the crowd & conjestion that come with it. some neighbourhood facilities should be good enough. Just my personal opinion.;)

I brought my friend who is an experience buyer to DBR showroom. He requested to walk out within 5 mins. Just commented wasting time looking at the poor showflats. He's only comments - good point only one -quite near MRT.:confused:

My guess for the station is somewhere near the campus...next to the Bedok Reservoir Park carpark...

There will be a new Bedok Mall (formerly Bedok cinema) coming up 3Q10. With WFW providing free shuttle bus service (first year after TOP) to/fro Bedok Central....so very convenient too. Tampines Mall, Century Sq, Tampines 1, Ikea, Giant, Courts megastore also a short drive away....

One of my dislike abt DBR is the multi storey carpark......though with waterfall feature....but personally still prefer underground carpark....

forte
09-05-09, 14:42
My guess for the station is somewhere near the campus...next to the Bedok Reservoir Park carpark...

There will be a new Bedok Mall (formerly Bedok cinema) coming up 3Q10. With WFW providing free shuttle bus service (first year after TOP) to/fro Bedok Central....so very convenient too. Tampines Mall, Century Sq, Tampines 1, Ikea, Giant, Courts megastore also a short drive away....

One of my dislike abt DBR is the multi storey carpark......though with waterfall feature....but personally still prefer underground carpark....

Totally agree the multi-story carpark definitely a big minus for DBR...WFW had all amenities & shopping malls nearby yet you still enjoy the serenity & privacy of the nice surrondings...if MRT is really nearby will be a huge bonus, if not i think still very accessible with the shuttle bus .....

noblebaby
09-05-09, 14:57
Totally agree the multi-story carpark definitely a big minus for DBR...WFW had all amenities & shopping malls nearby yet you still enjoy the serenity & privacy of the nice surrondings...if MRT is really nearby will be a huge bonus, if not i think still very accessible with the shuttle bus .....

have you got your unit at stack 11? stack 11 can see WFW & WFK pool in a straight line, should be nice. If you can afford, just go ahead. :D

noblebaby
09-05-09, 14:59

by the way, how's WFW sales? any idea?

me didnt visit the showroom for some time already...

forte
09-05-09, 16:50
by the way, how's WFW sales? any idea?

me didnt visit the showroom for some time already...

Understand its almost 60% sold. Responses on star buy units are good...they just launch stack 11, 19, 20 on starbuy last week.....the prices now definitely looks very acttractive given the fact that these are good choice stacks with good facing...

Should be committing to 1 unit soon just need to decide which one....with this starbuy the prices of these choice stack is slightly lower than DBR choice units so definitely make my decision very clear.....

1kcirdenk
09-05-09, 21:25
Understand its almost 60% sold. Responses on star buy units are good...they just launch stack 11, 19, 20 on starbuy last week.....the prices now definitely looks very acttractive given the fact that these are good choice stacks with good facing...

Should be committing to 1 unit soon just need to decide which one....with this starbuy the prices of these choice stack is slightly lower than DBR choice units so definitely make my decision very clear.....

Attractive price? Are you able to share with us the price quoted?

noblebaby
09-05-09, 21:28

almost 60% sold? not too bad... I'll be good if the sales can hit 75% sold by year end...

lyrix
11-05-09, 12:55
have bought a unit at stack 26, how many ppl here also buy at the same stack? how do you feel abt the noise from PIE? i went down there last Sat and went up to nearby HDB n found the noise from PIE is really lousy,didnt think of it when i purchase:beats-me-man:

proud owner
11-05-09, 12:58
have bought a unit at stack 26, how many ppl here also buy at the same stack? how do you feel abt the noise from PIE? i went down there last Sat and went up to nearby HDB n found the noise from PIE is really lousy,didnt think of it when i purchase:beats-me-man:

pls read my contribution in other thread about being near/next to highway ...

proud owner
11-05-09, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud owner
my friend lives in East coast ...HIGH floor too ..and by ECP .... gosh ..noise really does travel upward .. it truly is a low 'constant roar' .... may not irritate ..but its like a mosquito flying around your ear ... wont hurt but irritating sound

i guess the noise is compensated by the its view ... to truly enjoy the view .. turn on aircon and shut the double glazed window ..

that reminds me also of La Suisse ... perched on top of the highest point .. the moment you open the window ... the traffic noise from PIE is a real turn off ...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Property_Owner
11-05-09, 13:10
pls read my contribution in other thread about being near/next to highway ...

Road noise you will have it 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 54 weeks a years. That what I feel. West sun unit still better imho, you only get it 4 hours a day, not everyday cause of rainy season and rainy days.:)

proud owner
11-05-09, 13:14
Road noise you will have it 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 54 weeks a years. That what I feel. West sun unit still better imho, you only get it 4 hours a day, not everyday cause of rainy season and rainy days.:)

correct .. thats why people pay high price to stay away from NOISE ...

now all going green .. suggest to your management to grow creepers up the west side wall ... that will reduce the 'heat' ...

noise is beyond our control ... so better choose carefully ...

Property_Owner
11-05-09, 13:36
correct .. thats why people pay high price to stay away from NOISE ...

now all going green .. suggest to your management to grow creepers up the west side wall ... that will reduce the 'heat' ...

noise is beyond our control ... so better choose carefully ...

My friend stay in costa del sol. 22 floor. On Air con most of the time. Bought it for the sea view. Work 8 to 8 everyday. morning wake up rush for work. maybe see sea for 5 minutes while wearing shoes. come home see black black sea. weekend bring family go out, no time to see sea. at night watch tv a zen car pass by can hear, morning 5 plus bikes and bus noise. he gave up last year. :doh:

proud owner
11-05-09, 14:03
My friend stay in costa del sol. 22 floor. On Air con most of the time. Bought it for the sea view. Work 8 to 8 everyday. morning wake up rush for work. maybe see sea for 5 minutes while wearing shoes. come home see black black sea. weekend bring family go out, no time to see sea. at night watch tv a zen car pass by can hear, morning 5 plus bikes and bus noise. he gave up last year. :doh:

Thank you for the above story ..

To be honest, i believe ALL east coast condos facing the ECP has this noise issue ... for that matter all condos along any highway .. but many choose to 'silent' it and talk only about the view ... another example of misrepresentation ...

on the other hand .. the lower units are spared .. no view .. no noise ... well , maybe not as long as it is on higher floors ..

having said that ... there are projects ..along west coast .. facing the not so nice sea ... but absolutely ' can see cars , cannot hear them' ..

jitkiat
11-05-09, 14:21

If the lawyer has not send the S&P to the developer, quickly call him and terminate the transaction, just lose a few thousand dollars only.

Sigh ... that's why the price psf is lower for stacks facing the park or the direct west facing stacks (the so called STAR BUY UNITS). I have highlighted in this thread already. Wonder why the lake view units are selling at > 800psf while the pool facing units are selling at > 680psf ?? Even on the HDB besides Dami Secondary School facing lake, I can still hear the "roar" from Bedok Reservoir Rd + PIE.

cheahsg
11-05-09, 14:25
Beside MRT cannot
Beside ExpressWay cannot
Beside HDB cannot
Beside School cannot
Beside Airport cannot

Where else can we stay?

lyrix
11-05-09, 14:26
Thanks proud owner for your reply. i totally agree with you, the noise is compensated by the view, shut the window might be the only way to enjoy the peaceful life beside the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud owner
my friend lives in East coast ...HIGH floor too ..and by ECP .... gosh ..noise really does travel upward .. it truly is a low 'constant roar' .... may not irritate ..but its like a mosquito flying around your ear ... wont hurt but irritating sound

i guess the noise is compensated by the its view ... to truly enjoy the view .. turn on aircon and shut the double glazed window ..

that reminds me also of La Suisse ... perched on top of the highest point .. the moment you open the window ... the traffic noise from PIE is a real turn off ...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

proud owner
11-05-09, 14:28
If the lawyer has not send the S&P to the developer, quickly call him and terminate the transaction, just lose a few thousand dollars only.

Sigh ... that's why the price psf is lower for stacks facing the park or the direct west facing stacks (the so called STAR BUY UNITS). I have highlighted in this thread already. Wonder why the lake view units are selling at > 800psf while the pool facing units are selling at > 680psf ?? Even on the HDB besides Dami Secondary School facing lake, I can still hear the "roar" from Bedok Reservoir Rd + PIE.

from my house in the west side of singapore .. my from master bedroom and terrace, i can see the 'not so nice sea' (as some die hard east coast fans will say) , the other end of my master room, i have a fantastic view of Kent ridge park ..
the other 2 rooms and living room all have kent ridge park view ...

i HEAR no cars .. i only hear birds and insects in the day ... and in the night .. i have to tune down my TV volumne to 15-16 ( previously at other location, i tuned to 25-27 ) .. otherwise the whole estate can hear my tv ...

Thats Peace and Serenity ... and cheaper than east coast .. and still can get to Raffles place and Orchard in 8 and 12 mins respectively ...

:tongue3:

lyrix
11-05-09, 14:32

decide not to cancel the transaction bcuz i really like the reservior environment, think it's very good for kid and family get relax. consider the $$$psqf is also around our budget, i will still take it although it is not perfect

cheerful
11-05-09, 14:34
Thank you for the above story ..

To be honest, i believe ALL east coast condos facing the ECP has this noise issue ... for that matter all condos along any highway .. but many choose to 'silent' it and talk only about the view ... another example of misrepresentation ...

on the other hand .. the lower units are spared .. no view .. no noise ... well , maybe not as long as it is on higher floors ..

having said that ... there are projects ..along west coast .. facing the not so nice sea ... but absolutely ' can see cars , cannot hear them' ..

For gen knowledge, please enlighten what is the "comfortable" distance away from highway? > 100m?? Noise travels upwards, so if about 100-150m away from highway, must be at least how low i.e. avoid which floor?

Btw, how come west coast different .... :confused:

proud owner
11-05-09, 14:56
For gen knowledge, please enlighten what is the "comfortable" distance away from highway? > 100m?? Noise travels upwards, so if about 100-150m away from highway, must be at least how low i.e. avoid which floor?

i am not sure really .. but usually if you have some other projects in front to shield the noise ...even if you are high up .. a great amt of noise would have been filtered ...

as for my west coast house ..its perched on a hill ... overlooking the south sea .. with a lot of low rise houses between us .. and its about 250-350 m away ...

jitkiat
11-05-09, 15:09

It depends on whether you have something in between to block off the noise, for example, 4 10-storey HDB blocks will be enough to defuse the noise to negligible level.

cheahsg
11-05-09, 17:02
from my house in the west side of singapore .. my from master bedroom and terrace, i can see the 'not so nice sea' (as some die hard east coast fans will say) , the other end of my master room, i have a fantastic view of Kent ridge park ..
the other 2 rooms and living room all have kent ridge park view ...

i HEAR no cars .. i only hear birds and insects in the day ... and in the night .. i have to tune down my TV volumne to 15-16 ( previously at other location, i tuned to 25-27 ) .. otherwise the whole estate can hear my tv ...

Thats Peace and Serenity ... and cheaper than east coast .. and still can get to Raffles place and Orchard in 8 and 12 mins respectively ...

:tongue3:

Many buyers bought WW besides the reservoir, also becos its nearer to good schools, nearer to their parents/in-laws and last they like staying in the east.

Those who choose to stay in the east would have their reasons of advantages over the west. Vice versa.

proud owner
11-05-09, 17:09
Many buyers bought WW besides the reservoir, also becos its nearer to good schools, nearer to their parents/in-laws and last they like staying in the east.

Those who choose to stay in the east would have their reasons of advantages over the west. Vice versa.

yes i agree ... totally valid

my comment is purely to illustrate :

if one choose to stay east for the 'nicer sea view' ...then theres the noise from the highway one has to bear ...

i choose west for the serenity and tranquility ..with a 'not so nice sea view' ...

cheerful
11-05-09, 17:15
i am not sure really .. but usually if you have some other projects in front to shield the noise ...even if you are high up .. a great amt of noise would have been filtered ...

as for my west coast house ..its perched on a hill ... overlooking the south sea .. with a lot of low rise houses between us .. and its about 250-350 m away ...

Wow ... lucky u .... but from the pattern, it sounds like the row rise didn't really "block" the noise. Maybe it's the distance of 250-350m?

And, by jikiat's theory, then really need to balance between having a 4-10 flr blockage and view liao leh .... hmm ..

proud owner
11-05-09, 17:21
Wow ... lucky u .... but from the pattern, it sounds like the row rise didn't really "block" the noise. Maybe it's the distance of 250-350m?

And, by jikiat's theory, then really need to balance between having a 4-10 flr blockage and view liao leh .... hmm ..

yes i would think so ... sound travels up as it spreads out .. so by the time it reaches me .. it also travel up, above and over my house .so that distant probably is crucial ...

but i was at Valley park last week ..on a second floor unit ... strangely i didnt hear the traffic at all ...considering Valley park is by the very heavy traffic river valley road ..

lyrix
11-05-09, 17:28
anybody has fri/relatives live in the HDB near WW? how do they feel the noise from PIE after living a long time there?is the noise endurable?

lyrix
11-05-09, 17:32
Find a good idea from other thread, for the WW owners we can combine to get cheap deals from buying home appliances to renovations after TOP.

proud owner
11-05-09, 17:35
Find a good idea from other thread, for the WW owners we can combine to get cheap deals from buying home appliances to renovations after TOP.

ahaha pls lah ...

anyway there are alot of shops in the heartland area who give really good prices..better than carrefour or Best denki

noblebaby
11-05-09, 17:38
yes i would think so ... sound travels up as it spreads out .. so by the time it reaches me .. it also travel up, above and over my house .so that distant probably is crucial ...

but i was at Valley park last week ..on a second floor unit ... strangely i didnt hear the traffic at all ...considering Valley park is by the very heavy traffic river valley road ..

yes, sound travels upward, but the maximum amplitude is not at the high floor, it's some where in the mid-floor with relative to the distance from noise source... there's research done by LTA, can go search if interested... cheers!

Acer
11-05-09, 18:09
anybody has fri/relatives live in the HDB near WW? how do they feel the noise from PIE after living a long time there?is the noise endurable?

1 word
noisy

kEN9170
11-05-09, 18:12

congrats lyrix. We have one more neighbour to join our TOP crazy BBQ party.

Stack 26 has nice greenery view from the town park. No worries abt the noise. I have relatives staying just next to ECP...Lagoon View, Cote D'Azur, Costa Del Sol, etc...visited them and i find the noise from the expressway is quite bearable. Maybe i'm already get used to the bus noise just in front of my current house. To me. the noise from the bus is more disturbing than the continuous moving cars from expressway....bus makes more noise when they moved off from the bus-stop. :D

noblebaby
11-05-09, 18:20
congrats lyrix. We have one more neighbour to join our TOP crazy BBQ party.

Stack 26 has nice greenery view from the town park. No worries abt the noise. I have relatives staying just next to ECP...Lagoon View, Cote D'Azur, Costa Del Sol, etc...visited them and i find the noise from the expressway is quite bearable. Maybe i'm already get used to the bus noise just in front of my current house. To me. the noise from the bus is more disturbing than the continuous moving cars from expressway....bus makes more noise when they moved off from the bus-stop. :D

yoyo, one more new member... but long time didn't see cyl...

I also visited Terris Tower, The Arte, The Infinity, etc, that are less than 50m from the expressway, those are called noisy... surprisingly, when the window is shut, don't really hear noise from inside the bedroom of the Infiniti...

I think those who paid an average of $1.3Mil for the reservior facing unit, they dont mind to turn on the aircon 24 hours... if you own a lambo, you will not worry about price of ERP or gasoline...?!?! :D

cheahsg
11-05-09, 19:03
yoyo, one more new member... but long time didn't see cyl...

I also visited Terris Tower, The Arte, The Infinity, etc, that are less than 50m from the expressway, those are called noisy... surprisingly, when the window is shut, don't really hear noise from inside the bedroom of the Infiniti...

I think those who paid an average of $1.3Mil for the reservior facing unit, they dont mind to turn on the aircon 24 hours... if you own a lambo, you will not worry about price of ERP or gasoline...?!?! :D

Yeah Yeah....

PIE noise is nothing compared to my Paya Lebar airbase when all the planes take off every morning and night...

So lets stop this thing about PIE very noisy, your side is better than...my side is better than yours..

cheahsg
11-05-09, 19:05

You are right...

We go staright to the disti. Once we are nearer to the TOP date, I'll arrange for the disti to meet us and show us a few models to choose from. Then we can do a bulk purchase.

Save on delivery and installation.

jitkiat
11-05-09, 19:22
Yeah Yeah....

PIE noise is nothing compared to my Paya Lebar airbase when all the planes take off every morning and night...

So lets stop this thing about PIE very noisy, your side is better than...my side is better than yours..

The point is that:

1. If all the people know about the PIE noise, develper would have to price the units facing the PIE even lower. They are clever to position the showflat very far from the PIE so that you do not realize the noise.

2. When you are trying to resell your condo in the future, unfortunately, people who view your condo is going to realize the noise from PIE

danllf
11-05-09, 19:38
The point is that:

1. If all the people know about the PIE noise, develper would have to price the units facing the PIE even lower. They are clever to position the showflat very far from the PIE so that you do not realize the noise.

2. When you are trying to resell your condo in the future, unfortunately, people who view your condo is going to realize the noise from PIE

Don't agree with that leh. All units for sure can sell depend on the price.:cheers6:

cheahsg
11-05-09, 20:22
The point is that:

Bro, does it matter to you?...

noblebaby
11-05-09, 20:42
Don't agree with that leh. All units for sure can sell depend on the price.:cheers6:

danllf, you have any unit at WFW?

Water Lover
11-05-09, 21:30
The point is that:

Alamak, what PIE, CTE, ERP, ITE, Kiap chai chao lo di...Why worry so much....

Haven't even TOP, think of make money...sigh... typical kiasuism in S

Tomorrow don't know what will happen.

Buyers of WFW. Don't think too much since bought.

Look forward and enjoy BRE (Bedok Reservoir Escape). The place getting lively day by day...I just witness a dragon boat race couple weeks back.

Good night, sleep well....:sleep:

hippopo
11-05-09, 22:44
Hi guys,

My OCBC banker highly recommend their mortgage insurance to us. It costs around $1100 per person for joint policy, and around $700 for single policy. That's your take? Did you buy? I was strongly encouraged to buy the mortgage insurance in case anything happens to one party.

forte
11-05-09, 22:45
The point is that:

Frankly i don't think the units facing PIE is that bad as its quite a distance away there is a park in between and there are alot of trees at the park which i guess also filter away some of the noise....also the PIE facing the park is almost at ground floor level if u compare those along ECP which is higher i think the noise for those condos along ECP will be even worse.....

Anyway there is nothing perfect in this world...you bear some noise but got nice unblock greenery view or you want to be sandwiched among blocks of HDB flats, very quiet but open windows can see your neighbours:)

cyl
11-05-09, 23:06
Hi Noblebaby and Ken,

I have not disappeared into thin air. Have been visiting this thread every now and then but i refuse to post any comments.

Reason?

I feel that a forum is a place for people to exchange useful informations and ideas, discuss about constructive matters pertaining to in this case, Waterfront waves. Matters like good home loans, good schools, good reno deals, etc...

This one particular person jitkiat , no need to be bitchy about Waterfront waves. This is a home where many people here have bought and have come to love dearly. Cannot compare an apple to a pear and one man's meat is another man's poison. I am not defending this project but please... Every project has its flaws and beauties so stop trying to implant your ideas into others.

As for lyrix, WELCOME TO THE WATERFRONT WAVES FAMILY!!!! We will be having an awesomely crazy party once TOP. So excited about it!

A side note, I am going to start my first installment this coming June. Woah!!! For me as a first time home owner, its a big milestone. Plus i think i am the youngest here. Hehehe...

I was thinking, how about we start a facebook account to better track the owners of Waterfront waves?

icy
11-05-09, 23:24
Hi Waterfront owners,
Hope to join your discussion. :D I am also a WFW owner. Been reading for quite some time, but had not been posting at all..

If you are going to have a facebook account, do let me know. :)

hippopo
11-05-09, 23:28
Hi Noblebaby and Ken,

I have not disappeared into thin air. Have been visiting this thread every now and then but i refuse to post any comments.

Reason?

I feel that a forum is a place for people to exchange useful informations and ideas, discuss about constructive matters pertaining to in this case, Waterfront waves. Matters like good home loans, good schools, good reno deals, etc...

This one particular person jitkiat , no need to be bitchy about Waterfront waves. This is a home where many people here have bought and have come to love dearly. Cannot compare an apple to a pear and one man's meat is another man's poison. I am not defending this project but please... Every project has its flaws and beauties so stop trying to implant your ideas into others.

As for lyrix, WELCOME TO THE WATERFRONT WAVES FAMILY!!!! We will be having an awesomely crazy party once TOP. So excited about it!

A side note, I am going to start my first installment this coming June. Woah!!! For me as a first time home owner, its a big milestone. Plus i think i am the youngest here. Hehehe...

I was thinking, how about we start a facebook account to better track the owners of Waterfront waves?

I do agree with you.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

noblebaby
11-05-09, 23:59
Hi Waterfront owners,
Hope to join your discussion. :D I am also a WFW owner. Been reading for quite some time, but had not been posting at all..

If you are going to have a facebook account, do let me know. :)

Welcome icy, which stack you bought?

noblebaby
12-05-09, 00:03
Let me count...

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Hippopo - 26
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
Sunny - 9
Water Lover - 21

icy - ?

Who is still missing in the list, pls. add. :D

icy
12-05-09, 00:07
Welcome icy, which stack you bought?
stack 20. For big family with inlaws, kid sister and my kid. :)

Anyone same stack as me?

noblebaby
12-05-09, 00:19
WFW Crazy Club Members:

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
Sunny - 9
Water Lover - 21

:D:D :D

noblebaby
12-05-09, 00:20
$1.1k/per year??? Expensive man...

Hi guys,

My OCBC banker highly recommend their mortgage insurance to us. It costs around $1100 per person for joint policy, and around $700 for single policy. That's your take? Did you buy? I was strongly encouraged to buy the mortgage insurance in case anything happens to one party.

danllf
12-05-09, 09:15
danllf, you have any unit at WFW?
Very high chances:cheers1: ;)

noblebaby
12-05-09, 11:11
Very high chances:cheers1: ;)

which stack are you looking at?

danllf
12-05-09, 12:56
which stack are you looking at?
Stake 18, 19, 11 or 12. may even 13 mid floor. 11 has the best view but too close to 08 where they have a long BW in thier hall. And don't quite like the layout and kitchen may be dark. Maybe 18 and 19 is better?

cheahsg
12-05-09, 14:00
Hi Noblebaby and Ken,

Reason?

Long time no see cyl...

Well, this is a public so that is expected from people who wants to stir shit and give their 2 cents worth... just ignore them but sometime they just get out of line. Dun be too bothered. :sleep:

You are problably the 1st owner I come across being so excited to pay money... hehe. 1st installation payments means the foundation work is almost complete.

I think noblebaby and myself has a record who are the owners in this forum. If there is a really a need, we can always PM each other.

Stay happy :spliff:

forte
12-05-09, 18:10
Hi all WFW owners,

I have just joined your gang committed a unit.

I am looking for a bank loan package now. Which one did you choose? OCBC which is tied up with the development?

noblebaby
12-05-09, 18:59
Hi all WFW owners,

I am looking for a bank loan package now. Which one did you choose? OCBC which is tied up with the development?

Congrats! Which stack you purchased?

cheahsg
12-05-09, 20:31
Hi all WFW owners,

Welcome to the club... :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Just PM you the contact for OCBC, seems like their is the best for WW.

kEN9170
12-05-09, 20:44
Hi all WFW owners,

Welcome to WFW family! :cheers6:
You bot stack 11?

1kcirdenk
12-05-09, 21:30
$1.1k/per year??? Expensive man...

Any recommendation here? Does anyone know where we can get the best rates?

noblebaby
12-05-09, 22:02
Higher House Price Elasticity; Residential Developers Over Investors - GS

Report for tonite... :sleep:

forte
13-05-09, 09:32
Welcome to WFW family! :cheers6:
You bot stack 11?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I bot stack 19. Now comparing the various loan pkgs...got so many kind around ...SIBOR, Board rate, variable rate, fixed rate.....

kEN9170
13-05-09, 09:58
Yea...one more new member added to our WFW Crazy Club...

WFW Crazy Club Members:

1kcirdenk - 16
Cheahsg - 25
Cyl - 3
Hippopo - 26
Icy - 20
Ken - 3
Lyrix - 26
Noblebaby - 25
Pang - 23
Sunny - 9
Water Lover - 21