PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

kEN9170
20-03-09, 07:26
Yes.. WF is a good buy. Just bought one unit at stack 25 over the weekend... Park facing, a little morning sun to the bedroom and a little evening sun to the kitchen. Big balcony (116sqft) amd bright.

Hi Cheahsg, can i check which floor did u buy? I'm still keen on stack 26 but wondering which floor to get for a greenery view?

noblebaby
20-03-09, 09:28
Hi Cheahsg, can i check which floor did u buy? I'm still keen on stack 26 but wondering which floor to get for a greenery view?

Hi Ken, stack 26 is directly facing the Bedok park, and it's unblocked... if you want to see above the trees at the park when standing at the balcony, 6th floor and above will do.

You can go up to the HDB beside the plot to check out the view. As you go up further, you will be able to see the PIE, however, the noise level will be higher with the increases of height.

Stack 26; 6th floor is selling at around $780k, pls. correct me if I'm wrong. :beats-me-man:

kEN9170
20-03-09, 09:51
Hi Ken, stack 26 is directly facing the Bedok park, and it's unblocked... if you want to see above the trees at the park when standing at the balcony, 6th floor and above will do.

You can go up to the HDB beside the plot to check out the view. As you go up further, you will be able to see the PIE, however, the noise level will be higher with the increases of height.

Stack 26; 6th floor is selling at around $780k, pls. correct me if I'm wrong. :beats-me-man:

Yup stack 26 is around 780k for progressive payment. Like the environment there. Did you get a unit there?

noblebaby
20-03-09, 10:00
Yup stack 26 is around 780k for progressive payment. Like the environment there. Did you get a unit there?

Yup, bought a unit on stack 25 during starbuy few weeks back, above mid-floor... viewing angle of stack 25 is slightly narrower than stack 26, but still mostly unblocked... best thing is no west sun to the balcony and master room... like the place coz of the reservoir and park there... love nature! :)

noblebaby
20-03-09, 10:06

Cheahsg bought the same stack (25) as mine recently... think above my unit :D

8th floor; Stack 25 was caveat lodged at 891k :eek:

kEN9170
20-03-09, 10:07
Yup, bought a unit on stack 25 during starbuy few weeks back, above mid-floor... viewing angle of stack 25 is slightly narrower than stack 26, but still mostly unblocked... best thing is no west sun to the balcony and master room... like the place coz of the reservoir and park there... love nature! :)

That's good! Did you opt for a dry kitchen? The only thing that i dont like abt stack 26 is the bay window in the kitchen. Other than that, all seems good.

kEN9170
20-03-09, 10:09

That's great! Did you opt for the dry kitchen? The only minor thing i dont like abt stack 26 is the baywindow in the kitchen. Other than that, all seems good!

noblebaby
20-03-09, 10:15
That's great! Did you opt for the dry kitchen? The only minor thing i dont like abt stack 26 is the baywindow in the kitchen. Other than that, all seems good!

What you meant by opt for dry kitchen? There's no place for dry kitchen for unit on stack 25... :mad: Please educate me...

As for baywindow, you can do up the place with small cabinet as storage, etc... just a minor thing... can be easily done with ID.

What are you still waiting for? :D

kEN9170
20-03-09, 10:21
What you meant by opt for dry kitchen? There's no place for dry kitchen for unit on stack 25... :mad: Please educate me...

As for baywindow, you can do up the place with small cabinet as storage, etc... just a minor thing... can be easily done with ID.

What are you waiting for? :D

For stack 26 and some units, we have the option to convert the current kitchen to a dry + wet kitchen. Like the concept. :)

My kids study nearby and we are regulars at the reservoir park. Like this area very much.:D

noblebaby
20-03-09, 10:37
For stack 26 and some units, we have the option to convert the current kitchen to a dry + wet kitchen. Like the concept. :)

My kids study nearby and we are regulars at the reservoir park. Like this area very much.:D

Me and my gf also like the place so much since our first visit... and we also found a nice unit with good facing that's within our budget... we are happy with our decision... although it's not a FH but we are willing to compromise that with the surrounding/nature. For sure children will just love it! :D

sunny
20-03-09, 10:50
:doh:

:doh: to convert to dry + wet kitchen, have to pay 2k+ more. actually the wet kitchen is quite small, by converting it, there will be less usage space. me not converting.

cheahsg
20-03-09, 11:17

I bought level 10... think stack 26 slightly nearer to the PIE... you can hear the cars when you are standing along the drain separating the park and WW.

roger168
20-03-09, 13:07
See that you guys like park facing.

Just quoting a price for a good floor unit for your reference for park facing.

#06-26 - 1270 sqft (118sqm) - Type B2 - $775,800K nett (Progressive Payment)($611psf)
* subject to change without notice

Hope to see you guys this weekend @ our new showflat. Cheers

Roger Tan HSR - 9061-9884
Developer's Appointed Sales Team

kEN9170
20-03-09, 16:00
Me and my gf also like the place so much since our first visit... and we also found a nice unit with good facing that's within our budget... we are happy with our decision... although it's not a FH but we are willing to compromise that with the surrounding/nature. For sure children will just love it! :D

Just came back from the showflat. Was abt to commit stack 26 #05-26 for a good deal @ 585psf. But after a discussion with the loan officer, the developer revised the price up to 606psf. :banghead: In the end, we decided to re-consider. :mad:

sunny
20-03-09, 16:04
Just came back from the showflat. Was abt to commit stack 26 #05-26 for a good deal @ 585psf. But after a discussion with the loan officer, the developer revised the price up to 606psf. :banghead: In the end, we decided to re-consider. :mad:

:doh: did developer quote you 585 today n then increased to 606 today?

kEN9170
20-03-09, 16:07
:doh: did developer quote you 585 today n then increased to 606 today?

Yes. That was the so call walk-in starbuy price. Had a long discussion with bankers & my agent. While was abt to commit, the new price list came out.

sunny
20-03-09, 16:12
Yes. That was the so call walk-in starbuy price. Had a long discussion with bankers & my agent. While was abt to commit, the new price list came out.

:doh: oh... 585 n 606 .... alot of difference..... am i right to say 606 no star buy? if yes, tell the agent to ask developer to absorb stamp duty...

cyl
20-03-09, 16:14
Wow... :scared-4: you must have really felt cheated. Did they give you a reason why the sudden increase in price?

kEN9170
20-03-09, 16:14
:doh: oh... 585 n 606 .... alot of difference..... am i right to say 606 no star buy? if yes, tell the agent to ask developer to absorb stamp duty...

606 is also their starbuy price. But 585 is their "special" walk-in starbuy price. I heart pain.....

Which stack did u buy?

sunny
20-03-09, 16:16
606 is also their starbuy price. But 585 is their "special" walk-in starbuy price. I heart pain.....

Which stack did u buy?

:doh: stack 19 high floor..... actually 606 still can consider ..... i paid 770

Nico
20-03-09, 16:24

hmmm..i sense that the developer is seeing more interest from people ..
OR it is the agent that is trying to earn the spread!

cyl

I agree... I dont think stamp duty will be absorbed.

kEN9170

Stack 19 a premium unit...pool facing. Great view!
Was hoping my agent can negotiate for a better discount...

any idea where will be the new mrt station exact location?

sunny
20-03-09, 16:31
Stack 19 a premium unit...pool facing. Great view!
Was hoping my agent can negotiate for a better discount...

any idea where will be the new mrt station exact location?

:doh: my guess is along temasek poly... u can try to ask developer to absorb stamp duty.... my did absorb ....

noblebaby
20-03-09, 16:47

Who told you the price has increased after lengthly discussion, from the mouth of agent or representative of developer? I smell rat here... it's either agent see your strong interest and want to earn more commission... or the developer plays cheat here.

If no body interested on that unit, price may fall back to original walk-in price. Some of them are not honest! :hell-hath-no-fury:

noblebaby
20-03-09, 17:08
:doh: my guess is along temasek poly... u can try to ask developer to absorb stamp duty.... my did absorb ....

my guess is along the reservoir, from kaki bukit, to poly tech, to Tampines. Hope the track does not destroy the natural surroundings. :banghead:

cheahsg
20-03-09, 17:15

Which stack did u buy?

There is no walk in starbuy price... all price quote are developers price. Be it from agent mouth or developer directly.

I have just double check, price is $606 psf. I think they have misquote or false marketing.

cheahsg
20-03-09, 17:27
my guess is along the reservoir, from kaki bukit, to poly tech, to Tampines. Hope the track does not destroy the natural surroundings. :banghead:

Wrong reply.. Sorry

cheahsg
20-03-09, 17:29

When did you buy yours?... which level you bought?

ERA or HSR service you?

noblebaby
20-03-09, 17:34

ERA or HSR service you?

I was served by Far East sales guy... weeks ago...

kEN9170
20-03-09, 19:25
There is no walk in starbuy price... all price quote are developers price. Be it from agent mouth or developer directly.

I have just double check, price is $606 psf. I think they have misquote or false marketing.

I also suspect he misquoted tthe price. Cannot imagine if i sign the Purchase Option with the misquoted price...he may have to top up 26k diff.

kEN9170
20-03-09, 19:30

did u see the big map display in the showflat...there is a blue dotted line running across bedok town park....according to fast east guy, he said that was the confirmed future underground mrt track...which will be ready in year 2018.

kEN9170
20-03-09, 19:42

hi Sunny, did you get your unit recently? Did ask for stamp duty absorption....but cannot. But they agreed to change the lower kitchen cabinet from white to brown surface as shown in showflat. Only 4 bedded units are in brown furnishing.

Nico
20-03-09, 20:07
hmmm i can't seem to reemeber seeing white cabinet at the showroom..
was that what the agent told you??

hi Sunny, did you get your unit recently? Did ask for stamp duty absorption....but cannot. But they agreed to change the lower kitchen cabinet from white to brown surface as shown in showflat. Only 4 bedded units are in brown furnishing.

kEN9170
20-03-09, 20:11
hmmm i can't seem to reemeber seeing white cabinet at the showroom..
was that what the agent told you??

The kitchen cabinet in the current showroom is having white top cabinet and brown grain (zen colour) lower cabinet. This type of furnishing only for 4 bedded units. However, All whites for 3 bedded units.

noblebaby
20-03-09, 20:16
did u see the big map display in the showflat...there is a blue dotted line running across bedok town park....according to fast east guy, he said that was the confirmed future underground mrt track...which will be ready in year 2018.

Ken, did you get the unit?

Based on info from LTA website, DTL stage 3 will be running from Chinatown to Tampinese via Bedok, but the actual stations and track location are still not finalized yet... Furthermore, the new line will be completed by 2016, 2 years earlier than the initial proposal.

I hope the track is underground, I don't want to see it infront of my balcony!

kEN9170
20-03-09, 20:35
Ken, did you get the unit?

Based on info from LTA website, DTL stage 3 will be running from Chinatown to Tampinese via Bedok, but the actual stations and track location are still not finalized yet... Furthermore, the new line will be completed by 2016, 2 years earlier than the initial proposal.

I hope the track is underground, I don't want to see it infront of my balcony!

That was my thought also, don't want to see the mrt track. The agent says its underground, but hard to say. usually at heartland estate the mrt track usually is above ground.

Nico
20-03-09, 20:49
hmm my sense is that the govt will be smart enough NOT to build the mrt track across the bedokpark unless they don't want anyone to go there for a walk/jog :tsk-tsk:

That was my thought also, don't want to see the mrt track. The agent says its underground, but hard to say. usually at heartland estate the mrt track usually is above ground.

kEN9170
20-03-09, 20:59
hmm my sense is that the govt will be smart enough NOT to build the mrt track across the bedokpark unless they don't want anyone to go there for a walk/jog :tsk-tsk:
sure hope so.. but just imagine if the track is along reservoir, those low flow condo facing the reservoir will be cursing..

noblebaby
20-03-09, 21:05
Background of The Downtown Line

1. The construction of the $12 billion Downtown Line is part of the plan to develop a comprehensive rail network system to meet our travel needs in the future.

2. The Downtown Line will be built in three stages with a total of 33 stations. These three stages are as follows:

• Stage 1: The 4.3km Line comprises 6 stations. These stations are: Chinatown, Cross Street Landmark, Bayfront, Promenade and Bugis. Stage 1 of the Line will be completed in 2013 and will provide a strategic transport link to serve workers, residents and visitors in the exciting Marina Bay area and upcoming developments such as the Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resorts and the Marina Bay Financial Centre.

• Stage 2: The 16.6 km Line will feature 12 stations. When completed in 2015, Stage 2 of the Line will run from Bugis along the heavy Bukit Timah traffic corridor to help ease congestion. Commuters traveling from Bukit Panjang to the city will be able to cut their travel time by 10 minutes.

• Stage 3: The 19.1km Line will feature 15 stations. It will run through MacPherson, Bedok Reservoir and Tampines ending at the East West Line Expo Station. Scheduled to be completed in 2016, it will reduce travel time by 10 minutes for commuters traveling to the city from Bedok Reservoir and Tampines.

3. The Downtown Line is projected to see a ridership of more than 500,000 daily when in full operation. Construction of Stage 1 of the Line is under way.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Annex_4_Bkgd_DTL.pdf

francistaong
20-03-09, 21:23
Do feel free to come come the showflat over the this weekend to have a look at the new showflat and the star buy units. Please look for either Roger or myself ( francis ). I am sure we will be able to answer to any of your questions and giving you the confident of staying in Waterfront Waves.

Thanks and Regards
Francis - 91163014
Roger - 90619884
HSR ( Waterfront Waves Marketing Agency )

noblebaby
20-03-09, 21:42
sure hope so.. but just imagine if the track is along reservoir, those low flow condo facing the reservoir will be cursing..

more likely :p

kEN9170
20-03-09, 21:47
more likely :p

This is my first time getting a 99 yr project. Hopefully this is a good buy. :)

noblebaby
20-03-09, 21:56
This is my first time getting a 99 yr project. Hopefully this is a good buy. :)

So, you bought already?

kEN9170
20-03-09, 22:00
So, you bought already?

Have made appt for tomorrow to get stack 26.:)

noblebaby
20-03-09, 22:08
Have made appt for tomorrow to get stack 26.:)

Congratz, another future neighbour :)

Aiyah, I didn't realize my kitchen cabinet is all white, initially i like the kitchen because of its brown color. :mad:

kEN9170
20-03-09, 22:16

Aiyah, I didn't realize my kitchen cabinet is all white, initially i like the kitchen because of its brown color. :mad:

You can try to get it change to brown without extra cost. I think nicer & easier to maintain. Hee hee......for me lazy people, darker colour is preferred..:p

kEN9170
22-03-09, 07:49

Hi Noblebaby & Cyl, is the kitchen yard all fully enclosed? Forgot to ask the developer on this. Is yes, wondering how to dry our laundry..

roger168
22-03-09, 07:53
Please kindly read this..

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Annex_4_Bkgd_DTL.pdf

and

Extracts from LTA Website :

The Downtown Line (DTL) will be built in three stages, with Stage 1 to be completed in 2013, Stage 2 to be completed in 2015 and Stage 3 in 2016. When fully completed, the DTL will enhance the connectivity of the Rapid Transit System network and facilitates direct travel from the northwestern and eastern areas of the island to the Central Business District and the Marina Bay. The DTL is projected to see a daily ridership of more than half a million when in full operation.

For commuters, the DTL will offer significant savings in travelling time. For example, a public transport journey from Bukit Panjang to the city centre will be reduced by a third from the current one hour. The DTL will help reduce travel time for commuters in Bedok Reservoir and Tampines area who currently need to take bus to transfer to the MRT stations on the East-West Line.

I guess the opinion is up to you.

If you are a developer with huge financial background like Centerpoint and Far East, you will probably think that holding till govt announce a better picture of MRT before launching newer units or even the next plot.

Because when MRT is finally annnouce in more detail picture, this place become hotter and developer may and can launch the other developments and units in the current development @ higher price. Don't you agree?

I guess the opinion is up to individual. Inviting all to come to Waterfront Waves.. Roger Tan 9061-9884

kEN9170
22-03-09, 08:10
will be attending a briefing on the DTL this week....

noblebaby
22-03-09, 10:56

Hi Ken, have you sign the OTP?

There are windows near the yard with slight west sun to the kitchen for my unit... So, drying is not an issue... If dont have alot of laundry, can dry it at the balcony, since the balcony for stack 26 is not facing anyone. hihi. :D

By the way, briefing on the DTL given by who??? :beats-me-man:

kEN9170
22-03-09, 14:01
Hi Ken, have you sign the OTP?

There are windows near the yard with slight west sun to the kitchen for my unit... So, drying is not an issue... If dont have alot of laundry, can dry it at the balcony, since the balcony for stack 26 is not facing anyone. hihi. :D

By the way, briefing on the DTL given by who??? :beats-me-man:

Hi Noblebaby, i have just pm you. Please check. :)

kEN9170
22-03-09, 14:03
Hi Noblebaby, i have just pm you. Please check. :)

btw, did u request for the brown cabinet?

isaaclim
22-03-09, 14:14
Anyone have any idea where the station at Bedok Reserviour will it be?

kgchong
22-03-09, 18:34

let us know if you have more detail... also interested in WF... :)

kEN9170
22-03-09, 18:39

Hi Chong, sure will keep u posted. Which stack are u interested in?
Maybe can nego for a better price with 2 units together. :D

kEN9170
22-03-09, 18:49

Hi Chong, just PM u.

Water Lover
22-03-09, 19:19
Hi Chong, just PM u.

Can share share here too??:beats-me-man:

noblebaby
22-03-09, 20:12
Can share share here too??:beats-me-man:

Water lover, check you mail box :D

francistaong
22-03-09, 22:04
Last starbuy 2 bedroom unit sold today!!.
Balance only 4 units of non starbuy units. :scared-1:
3 bedrooms starbuy also starting to go as buyers are going for the next best choices as certain 3 bedroom stack are balance with only 2 or 3 units. :doh:
Do call me @ 91163014 to understand on the starbuy units before they are gone.:p

kgchong
22-03-09, 22:17
3 bedrooms starbuy also starting to go as buyers are going for the next best choices as certain 3 bedroom stack are balance with only 2 or 3 units. :doh:
Do call me @ 91163014 to understand on the starbuy units before they are gone.:p

which floor and stack with starbuy?

noblebaby
22-03-09, 22:17

Based on my calculation:

2 Bedroom - 48 units (4 left)
3 Bedroom - 208 units (?? left)
3+1 Bedroom - 29 units (?? left)
4 Bedroom - 116 units (?? left)
Penthouse - 4 units (?? left)

Francis, do you mind to fill the (?? left) for us? :D Or can you let us know the % of unit unsold?

I realized that this project launched for more than a year, but the sales seem slow, and I think this directly affected the speed of the construction. If i'm not wrong, the construction work was commenced some time in 3Q08, but until now the piling work is still not completed?!? :beats-me-man:

cyl
22-03-09, 22:26

I feel so cheated. When i purchased my unit, the agent did not inform me that the cabinets for the three bedrooms will be white and not the brown ones we saw at the showroom. Furthermore, there is an option of changing the layout of the kitchen. My unit's floor plan size is the same as stack 26. Will be going down to the showroom tomorrow morning to clarify.

:hell-hath-no-fury:

kgchong
22-03-09, 22:29
I feel so cheated. When i purchased my unit, the agent did not inform me that the cabinets for the three bedrooms will be white and not the brown ones we saw at the showroom. Furthermore, there is an option of changing the layout of the kitchen. My unit's floor plan size is the same as stack 26. Will be going down to the showroom tomorrow morning to clarify.

you should.. i found that knocking down the wall to make dry kitchen makes the condo much bigger... should do that.... and of the cabinet... think the showroom is misleading... but the agent did said 3 bdrm are all white.... but funny... showroom is two tones...

Nico
22-03-09, 22:37
Hi CYL, are u intending to change the cabinet colour to brown? if you are checking with the agent, could you share with us if it is possible?
if can, i would like to change to brown as well..
no one told us about this when we bought our unit! sad..:mad:

francistaong
22-03-09, 22:51
Based on my calculation:

2 Bedroom - 48 units (4 left)
3 Bedroom - 208 units (?? left)
3+1 Bedroom - 29 units (?? left)
4 Bedroom - 116 units (?? left)
Penthouse - 4 units (?? left)

Francis, do you mind to fill the (?? left) for us? :D Or can you let us know the % of unit unsold?

I realized that this project launched for more than a year, but the sales seem slow, and I think this directly affected the speed of the construction. If i'm not wrong, the construction work was commenced some time in 3Q08, but until now the piling work is still not completed?!? :beats-me-man:

Hi Noblebaby, basically as follow
2 bedroom - bal 4 units
3 / 4 bedrooms - est 50% sold
Penthse - bal 1 unit.

Also of the total 405 units, only 347 units are launched with 4 stacks not release yet. If you are keen on getting a unit at WF, go give me a call @91163014. I will be happy to assist you.

Regards
francis

hippopo
22-03-09, 22:52
Hi,

My agent didn't tell me about the white cupboards in the 3 bedrooms too. I am wondering how will the white cupboards look like. Maybe like those shoe cabinets?

kgchong
22-03-09, 22:55
yes, like the showroom white cabinet in kitchen top cabinet...

Hi,

My agent didn't tell me about the white cupboards in the 3 bedrooms too. I am wondering how will the white cupboards look like. Maybe like those shoe cabinets?

noblebaby
22-03-09, 23:00
Hi,

Welcome! Another new member! :)

kEN9170
22-03-09, 23:47
Welcome! Another new member! :)

Hi guys, pls check PM.:D

kEN9170
23-03-09, 00:02
you should.. i found that knocking down the wall to make dry kitchen makes the condo much bigger... should do that.... and of the cabinet... think the showroom is misleading... but the agent did said 3 bdrm are all white.... but funny... showroom is two tones...

Agreed with kgchong. A dry kitchen (open concept) will make the apt bigger and kitchen brighter too. I like such concept and will opt for it.....but need to pay $2.1k (cannot absorb). :mad:

Yes, all 3 bedroom units kitchen cabinets ALL WHITE! Sometime the showroom finishing can be quite misleading...what u see may not be what you get. This is based on my past experience with my previous home....
Now when i visit any showroom, i will ask the agents on every items inside the showroom. Make sure what i see is what i will be getting.

Maybe all WF owners & potential owners (3 bedrooms & below) should feedback to the developer. :D

sunny
23-03-09, 10:07

ERA or HSR service you?

:doh: last may .....level 14......era....

kEN9170
23-03-09, 10:12
:doh: last may .....level 14......era....

which stack did u get?

sunny
23-03-09, 10:14
which stack did u get?

:doh: 19 ..... how about you ?

sunny
23-03-09, 10:52

:doh: bought last may ...... if mkt still weak ...... i believe developer will give way n absorb the stamp duty .... it's a risk u hv to take .... cos your unit may be sold anytime .... futhermore, if US banks are able to report good 1st quarter result ... our stock mkt will cheong up ... so will property ...

noblebaby
23-03-09, 11:09
:doh: bought last may ...... if mkt still weak ...... i believe developer will give way n absorb the stamp duty .... it's a risk u hv to take .... cos your unit may be sold anytime .... futhermore, if US banks are able to report good 1st quarter result ... our stock mkt will cheong up ... so will property ...

The US cheeky banks said they are profitable in the first 2 months of the years, do we really believe them? Geithner is going to talk about toxic assets tonight, and I hope the DJI will plunge tonight, haha... every time this guy talks, market will be very red, same goes to Hank Paulson.

I think we are in the mid of market stabilization, and it may take another 9-12 months to exit the dark tunnel... hope the market move slowly, to give us more time to accumulate stocks. :D

I also realized some developers have better holding power, especially FEO, look at their coming new launch - Mi Casa, guess what will be the launching price?!?! I bet it will be higher than 620psf. Double Bay is another one, developer are not keen to sell cheap. Their sales is actually disappointed! :(

sunny
23-03-09, 11:22
The US cheeky banks said they are profitable in the first 2 months of the years, do we really believe them? Geithner is going to talk about toxic assets tonight, and I hope the DJI will plunge tonight, haha... every time this guy talks, market will be very red, same goes to Hank Paulson.

I think we are in the mid of market stabilization, and it may take another 9-12 months to exit the dark tunnel... hope the market move slowly, to give us more time to accumulate stocks. :D

I also realized some developers have better holding power, especially FEO, look at their coming new launch - Mi Casa, guess what will be the launching price?!?! I bet it will be higher than 620psf. Double Bay is another one, developer are not keen to sell cheap. Their sales is actually disappointed! :(

:doh: u r right.....mkt goes down buy more..... hopefully by late 2011 stock prices recover by a few times... hope to make a few hundred k .....

noblebaby
23-03-09, 14:30
Extracted from LTA Website:

Progress Update of Downtown Line Contracts

15. Seven major civil contracts for DTL1 have been awarded thus far with the final award for the Bugis Station and tunnels to be announced soon.

16. For DTL2, 10 major civil contracts will be awarded from early 2009 onwards.

17. Major civil contracts for DTL3 will be called in 2010.

18. "With the award of these six DTL contracts, I am pleased that the progress of the project is on-time. We are looking forward to the completion of DTL1 in 2013," said Mr Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive, LTA.

About Downtown Line

19. At 40 km with 33 stations, DTL is the longest underground rail project to date and will run through high-traffic and built-up corridors. It will be fully underground and will be built in three stages. It is targeted to be completed by 2016.

20. With the DTL, the connectivity of the existing Rapid Transit System (RTS) network will be strengthened. The DTL will facilitate direct travel from the northwestern and eastern areas of the island to the Central Business District (CBD) and the Marina Bay. It also provides a strategic transport link to support the development of the Marina Bay area.

21. DTL is projected to see a daily ridership of around 500k when in full operation.

cheahsg
23-03-09, 14:33
:doh: u r right.....mkt goes down buy more..... hopefully by late 2011 stock prices recover by a few times... hope to make a few hundred k .....

Hopefully... fully sold out by then. The remaining development also calling for higher psf. Then got chance for resale.

noblebaby
23-03-09, 14:36
Hopefully... fully sold out by then. The remaining development also calling for higher psf. Then got chance for resale.

you buy for own stay or investment? most of us here for own stay.

cheahsg
23-03-09, 14:37
Agreed with kgchong. A dry kitchen (open concept) will make the apt bigger and kitchen brighter too. I like such concept and will opt for it.....but need to pay $2.1k (cannot absorb). :mad:

Yes, all 3 bedroom units kitchen cabinets ALL WHITE! Sometime the showroom finishing can be quite misleading...what u see may not be what you get. This is based on my past experience with my previous home....
Now when i visit any showroom, i will ask the agents on every items inside the showroom. Make sure what i see is what i will be getting.

Maybe all WF owners & potential owners (3 bedrooms & below) should feedback to the developer. :D

The dry kichen concept does not applies to every layout... also remember that once the wall is removed no separation from the cooking smell.

Looks really nice if you don't do cooking, like the showflats....

sunny
23-03-09, 14:39

:doh: ya.... buy for own stay....wf such a good place.....make $ from stock mkt....buy another one to collect rent.....hehehe....

cheahsg
23-03-09, 14:39
you buy for own stay or investment? most of us here for own stay.

Own stay for now cos near my in-laws... but if can make some $$, why not?. But not within next 3 years cos tied down with bank loan.

noblebaby
23-03-09, 14:48
I know many WF owners have a car... But if one of the future DTL3 stations is sitting within a stone throw to WF, the future value of WF will not be as today...

Progress Update of Downtown Line Contracts

15. Seven major civil contracts for DTL1 have been awarded thus far with the final award for the Bugis Station and tunnels to be announced soon.

16. For DTL2, 10 major civil contracts will be awarded from early 2009 onwards.

17. Major civil contracts for DTL3 will be called in 2010.

18. "With the award of these six DTL contracts, I am pleased that the progress of the project is on-time. We are looking forward to the completion of DTL1 in 2013," said Mr Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive, LTA.

About Downtown Line

19. At 40 km with 33 stations, DTL is the longest underground rail project to date and will run through high-traffic and built-up corridors. It will be fully underground and will be built in three stages. It is targeted to be completed by 2016.

noblebaby
23-03-09, 14:55
:doh: ya.... buy for own stay....wf such a good place.....make $ from stock mkt....buy another one to collect rent.....hehehe....

yeah, accumulate dividend stocks... and long/short - energy/commo stocks. :doh:

sunny
23-03-09, 15:00
Own stay for now cos near my in-laws... but if can make some $$, why not?. But not within next 3 years cos tied down with bank loan.

:doh: unless u r using the profit to buy a cheaper condo, if not don't sell away good asset...keep the asset for our kids.....just my thots...

noblebaby
23-03-09, 15:04
:doh: unless u r using the profit to buy a cheaper condo, if not don't sell away good asset...keep the asset for our kids.....just my thots...

Sunny, you have kids? This place is good for kids. :)

sunny
23-03-09, 15:18
Sunny, you have kids? This place is good for kids. :)

:doh: two kids, always fun to have kids around ... how about u....

noblebaby
23-03-09, 15:21
:doh: two kids, always fun to have kids around ... how about u....

good! Me & my gf still not married yet... :D

East Lover
23-03-09, 16:11
http://www.singaporepropertymarket.com/images/Future_MRT_LRT_SystemMap.jpg

kEN9170
23-03-09, 16:22
good! Me & my gf still not married yet... :D

I have two kids too!

sunny
23-03-09, 16:28
I have two kids too!

:doh: great ... let's form a great community ... a great place to live in with great kampung spirit ....

noblebaby
23-03-09, 16:30
:doh: great ... let's form a great community ... a great place to live in with great kampung spirit ....

yoyo, let's have gathering after TOP! Hope more new owners to join us here... :)

isaaclim
23-03-09, 16:33
Hi East Lover,

This version in no longer valid. UOL and FCH are using a newer version in their respective showflat.

cheahsg
23-03-09, 17:44
yoyo, let's have gathering after TOP! Hope more new owners to join us here... :)

Yes... yes... we can be the first to use the BBQ.:cheers6:

kgchong
23-03-09, 18:37
The dry kichen concept does not applies to every layout... also remember that once the wall is removed no separation from the cooking smell.

Looks really nice if you don't do cooking, like the showflats....

I did ask that... there will still be a sliding door at the entrance to the kitchen... so when cook in wet kitchen, then close the door....

cyl
23-03-09, 19:17
Hey people of waterfront waves!!!

Finally i've got some answers from them.

For the wet kitchen, the cabinets will be of brown (like those you see in the showroom) and not white.

If you do opt for the wet kitchen, the cabinets of the dry kitchen table top will be white to match with the living room color scheme. However, if you like it brown, you can try to ask. Application is thru your own lawyer. I feel that the dry kitchen will induce more storage space and make the living room more spacious.

As for the smell from the cooking, fret not. Cos there will still be a sliding door for the wet kitchen.

noblebaby
23-03-09, 20:22
DTL3 map extracted from LTA website, look like the line will be along Reservoir Road. :D

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5138/dtl3.jpg

kgchong
23-03-09, 21:04
DTL3 map extracted from LTA website, look like the line will be along Reservoir Road. :D

interesting piece of info... appreciate it...

Nico
23-03-09, 21:08
Thanks for the update cyl!

Hey people of waterfront waves!!!

Finally i've got some answers from them.

For the wet kitchen, the cabinets will be of brown (like those you see in the showroom) and not white.

If you do opt for the wet kitchen, the cabinets of the dry kitchen table top will be white to match with the living room color scheme. However, if you like it brown, you can try to ask. Application is thru your own lawyer. I feel that the dry kitchen will induce more storage space and make the living room more spacious.

As for the smell from the cooking, fret not. Cos there will still be a sliding door for the wet kitchen.

cheahsg
23-03-09, 21:36
Thanks for the update cyl!

Cheers mate...

To have a dry kitchen will also depends of you layout... for my stack 25 with layout B3. No way to opt for dry kitchen. :banghead:

noblebaby
23-03-09, 21:45

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5138/dtl3.jpg

noblebaby
23-03-09, 22:01
Cheers mate...

To have a dry kitchen will also depends of you layout... for my stack 25 with layout B3. No way to opt for dry kitchen. :banghead:

Me too, I dont have dry kitchen... don't know where to put my coffee machine n wine cellar. :simmering:

But I also found that the "L" shape kitchen like wasting a lot of space. :2cents:

isaaclim
23-03-09, 22:04
It seems it is very likely that there will be a station either at start of the bedok reserviour park or bedok town park.

cyl
23-03-09, 22:23
Which is your unit type?

What i love about the option of a dry kitchen is that more cabinets will be available. I love storage space. One of the reason we bought waterfront is because of the shoe cabinets. Girls love their shoes... :ashamed1:

After the visit to the showroom, we went up to the HDB blocks to have an overview of the construction. We realized that for stack 16 to 21, the proximity of them tothe HDB is really near. Near in a scary way.

Me too, I dont have dry kitchen... don't know where to put my coffee machine n wine cellar. :simmering:

But I also found that the "L" shape kitchen like wasting a lot of space. :2cents:

noblebaby
23-03-09, 22:28
Construction Progress as on 14th March 2009 :)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6642/62294376.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8017/32806115.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2461/12436305.jpg

kEN9170
23-03-09, 22:37
thanks noblebaby for the update!

francistaong
23-03-09, 23:08
Which is your unit type?

What i love about the option of a dry kitchen is that more cabinets will be available. I love storage space. One of the reason we bought waterfront is because of the shoe cabinets. Girls love their shoes... :ashamed1:

After the visit to the showroom, we went up to the HDB blocks to have an overview of the construction. We realized that for stack 16 to 21, the proximity of them tothe HDB is really near. Near in a scary way.

Just an update, do note on the facing of stack 16, this stack design is all rms facing towards partial Bedok Reservior. Only the master bath and kitchen will be facing the HDB. Stacks 15 / 21 /22 100% sold.

noblebaby
23-03-09, 23:10
Which is your unit type?

Mine is type B3...

Nico
24-03-09, 09:14
yes yes agree! big shoe cabinets for the gals! haha.. Wonder if type B3 has a big shoe cabinet..
Not only the shoe cabinet, i hope to redo my wardrobe as well!:ashamed1::ashamed1:

Which is your unit type?

proud owner
24-03-09, 09:19
Just an update, do note on the facing of stack 16, this stack design is all rms facing towards partial Bedok Reservior. Only the master bath and kitchen will be facing the HDB. Stacks 15 / 21 /22 100% sold.

what is the purpose of a dry kitchen ?

to make the unit look modern / western ? or to take up space ?

people tell me they make sandwiches/salad etc there ... cant those be done in the normal kitchen ?

i would really prefer to free that space ...

noblebaby
24-03-09, 09:26

people tell me they make sandwiches/salad etc there ... cant those be done in the normal kitchen ?

I would prefer to convert the dry kitchen into extra space for dining or living...

Modern + working people seldom cook at home and small kitchen is better for easy cleaning.

proud owner
24-03-09, 09:29
I would prefer to convert the dry kitchen into extra space for dining or living...

Modern + working people seldom cook at home and small kitchen is better for easy cleaning.

try talking to the developer ...

i did when i bgt my condo 8 yrs ago ... to 'Not give me bath tub" .. i just want a standing shower ...

which they made exception for me ...

no harm trying ..maybe a little more work for the developer ..hey but they safe cost ..giving yu the space in place of a dry kitchen

noblebaby
24-03-09, 10:11
Which is your unit type?

After looking at B2 layout, I still don't understand how to convert to dry kitchen and still with a sliding door?!? :beats-me-man:

The kitchen is already so small, still got space to do that? or reduce the space for shoe cabinet? :beats-me-man:

proud owner
24-03-09, 10:23
After looking at B2 layout, I still don't understand how to convert to dry kitchen and still with a sliding door?!? :beats-me-man:

The kitchen is already so small, still got space to do that? or reduce the space for shoe cabinet? :beats-me-man:

hihi what do you mean "how to convert to dry kitchen '?

is it already there ? or you trying to partition part of the wet kitchen to a dry kitchen ?

noblebaby
24-03-09, 10:35
hihi what do you mean "how to convert to dry kitchen '?

is it already there ? or you trying to partition part of the wet kitchen to a dry kitchen ?

Below is the layout, pls educate me how to convert and still with sliding door... after knocking down one of the walls.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/waterfront-waves/floorplan-TypeB2.jpg

kEN9170
24-03-09, 11:10
Below is the layout, pls educate me how to convert and still with sliding door... after knocking down one of the walls.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/waterfront-waves/floorplan-TypeB2.jpg

Knock down the wall at the basin to become open concept bar top counter. Basin will be shifted to the wall behind the shoe cabinet. Cooker hob will be shifted further down. REF will be shifted to the existing cooker hob space. Sliding door will be right after the fridge new position.

cyl
24-03-09, 11:45
With the dry kitchen, there will be more storage space. The space in the kitchen will not be compromised, instead, it will seem bigger as the wall is being knocked down. At a price of 2.1k more, i feel that its value for money. Go to the showroom to have a look.

Thanks kEN9170 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=19806) for the detailed explanation.

WF Constructor
24-03-09, 22:21
Waterfront Waves – Indicative Price Range for Super Star Buy Units (Phase 2)

Stack 03 (2nd flr to 11th flr) : $756,000 ($595 psf) - $839,700 ($661 psf)

Stack 04 (1st flr to 11th flr) : $719,100 ($561 psf) - $835,200 ($658 psf)

Stack 15 (12th flr to 14th flr) : $610,200 ($623 psf) - $620,100 ($633 psf)

Stack 16 (2nd flr to 15th flr) : $724,500 ($566 psf) - $859,500 ($671 psf)

Stack 23 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $840,600 ($601 psf) - $969,300 ($750 psf)

Stack 24 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $921,600 ($583 psf) - $1,109,700 ($731 psf)

Stack 25 (4th flr to 14th flr) : $737,100 ($590 psf) - $820,800 ($657 psf)

Stack 26 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $719,100 ($552 psf) - $832,500 ($656 psf)

4 remaining stacks waiting to be launched - Stack 8, 11, 17 & 18

noblebaby
25-03-09, 13:58
Waterfront Waves – Indicative Price Range for Super Star Buy Units (Phase 2)

Stack 03 (2nd flr to 11th flr) : $756,000 ($595 psf) - $839,700 ($661 psf)

Stack 04 (1st flr to 11th flr) : $719,100 ($561 psf) - $835,200 ($658 psf)

Stack 15 (12th flr to 14th flr) : $610,200 ($623 psf) - $620,100 ($633 psf)

Stack 16 (2nd flr to 15th flr) : $724,500 ($566 psf) - $859,500 ($671 psf)

Stack 23 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $840,600 ($601 psf) - $969,300 ($750 psf)

Stack 24 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $921,600 ($583 psf) - $1,109,700 ($731 psf)

Stack 25 (4th flr to 14th flr) : $737,100 ($590 psf) - $820,800 ($657 psf)

Stack 26 (1st flr to 15th flr) : $719,100 ($552 psf) - $832,500 ($656 psf)

4 remaining stacks waiting to be launched - Stack 8, 11, 17 & 18

Prices for stack 3 & 4 are expensive la... :simmering: Can buy a FH 3brm...

francistaong
25-03-09, 14:33
h

Afternnon
Stack 03/04 will not be expensive if you are comparing the average psf across all star buy units. For your information this stack is the fastest moving stack with only 3 units left as per yesterday besides the 100% sold out in the 2 bedrms star buy units within 3 weeks.
You can always give me a call @91163014 to understand the project and filling any details which you may miss out.
Understand you brought stack 25 mid floor if you are referring to B3. It is also a good buy as the facing are good too. Happy staying.

kEN9170
25-03-09, 14:36
Stack 03/04 will not be expensive if you are comparing the average psf across all star buy units. For your information this stack is the fastest moving stack with only 3 units left as per yesterday besides the 100% sold out in the 2 bedrms star buy units within 3 weeks.
You can always give me a call @91163014 to understand the project and filling any details which you may miss out.

tot the remaining 3 units were there since last week...any chance of getting the stamp duty absorb? I will be keen than.

rainy
25-03-09, 14:39

:) any idea the psf for stack 24 level 8?

francistaong
25-03-09, 14:42
tot the remaining 3 units were there since last week...any chance of getting the stamp duty absorb? I will be keen than.

Hi Ken,
sad to say, wish i can help but for star buy units, developers will not absorb the stamp duty. Do call me to discussed if keen.

rdgs
francis

rainy
25-03-09, 14:44
h

Afternnon
Understand you brought stack 25 mid floor if you are referring to B3. It is also a good buy as the facing are good too. Happy staying.

:) is stack 24 4 beded?

francistaong
25-03-09, 14:45
:) any idea the psf for stack 24 level 8?

IM to you the psf. Thanks

francistaong
25-03-09, 14:57

Yes, if you can refer to Type D3 - 2 if you are looking at #08-24
this unit is 139sqm or 1496 sqft.

The diff between D3 and D3-2 of 2 sqm come from the balcony design.

rdgs
francis

cheahsg
25-03-09, 15:08

Its better to head down to the showflats and have a look yourself...

noblebaby
25-03-09, 15:11
Yes, if you can refer to Type D3 - 2 if you are looking at #08-24
this unit is 139sqm or 1496 sqft.

The diff between D3 and D3-2 of 2 sqm come from the balcony design.

rdgs
francis

Francis, how many unit left for Stack 25 & 26?

When will this Star Buy promotion end? How many Star Buy unit left unsold? As a WF owner, we are keen to know.

Seem like the construction is also quite slow. Launched about a year already... :banghead:

francistaong
25-03-09, 15:22
Francis, how many unit left for Stack 25 & 26?

When will this Star Buy promotion end? How many Star Buy unit left unsold? As a WF owner, we are keen to know.

Seem like the construction is also quite slow. Launched about a year already... :banghead:

Hi Noble
for the star buy units, over 50% are sold. Construction will start soon as this is the reason why we moved to the new showflat.

For the rest of the guys, please do come down to the showflat or give me a call @91163014. I will be at the showflat this weekend and thus can look for me.

Cheers!!:cool:

cyl
25-03-09, 15:47

Mind if i ask how much did you pay for you unit?

Water Lover
25-03-09, 20:43
Hi Noble
for the star buy units, over 50% are sold. Construction will start soon as this is the reason why we moved to the new showflat.

For the rest of the guys, please do come down to the showflat or give me a call @91163014. I will be at the showflat this weekend and thus can look for me.

Cheers!!:cool:

Construction not started yet?? what are those standing steel beams at site- dummies? the toughess phase is the foundation. once it was done, everything will be fast. if foundation is not done then .....wait liao..

maybe like to ask the developer to give u more info. eg. where the mrt located, other facilties, when TOP, etc i gaurantee you can sell fast. buyers need specific info. not little bit here & there.

anyway those stacks at both sides be prepared for the dust & noise
when the other projects come on line..take care.
just my opinion. cheers..:confused:

kEN9170
25-03-09, 21:28
Construction not started yet?? what are those standing steel beams at site- dummies? the toughess phase is the foundation. once it was done, everything will be fast. if foundation is not done then .....wait liao..

maybe like to ask the developer to give u more info. eg. where the mrt located, other facilties, when TOP, etc i gaurantee you can sell fast. buyers need specific info. not little bit here & there.

Agreed with Water Lover, no one in the sales office can provide specific info on the exact mrt location, they can only say there will be one station near the Reservoir. Bedok Reservoir is so big....it can be Kakit Bukit, Jalan Damai, etc...there are not near to WFW....:simmering:

coburn
25-03-09, 21:37

come on guys, give them a break..
do they know the location of mrt in the first place?

and if they know mrt station is going to be very near WW, do you think the developer will continue to sell at current price?

francistaong
25-03-09, 21:40
Agreed with Water Lover, no one in the sales office can provide specific info on the exact mrt location, they can only say there will be one station near the Reservoir. Bedok Reservoir is so big....it can be Kakit Bukit, Jalan Damai, etc...there are not near to WFW....:simmering:

Sori guys, to my team and me, it is better to be honest if we are not sure on the bedok reservioir road mrt station location. Even the LTA master plan do not specific the location of the stations, we know there will be a station but whether it is within walking distance, we do not really know. We do not want to mispresent any information where we are not sure, hope you understand. :banghead:
As we all know as long the the distance is within a couple of stops, the value of the surrounding area will go up. :beats-me-man:

Cheers
francis

roger168
25-03-09, 21:49
The Link to MRT information.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/DTL%20map.pdf

or

For the benefits of those who does not have acrobat reader

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/DTL3.jpg

Maybe this will help you guys a bit more....

Roger Tan - 9061-9884 HSR
Developer's Appointed Sales Agency

roger168
25-03-09, 21:50
Here Again for those who want to know more...

Mainly Highlight of this Condominium by the Reservoir Bay.
• 405 Units
• 2 Facings/Tower/Front Back
• Spacious full gym
• Full facilities
- Spa beds
- Rock climbing wall
- Viewing tower
- 2 tennis courts
- Children’s splash deck
- BBQ pits
- 50m pool
- Full children's playground
==
405 units with approx 441 Covered car parks lots
==
2bdrm - 980 sqft
3bdrm - 1249/1270/1292/1313/1346 sqft
3+study - 1399sqft
4bdrm - 1593/1615 sqft
4+1 Penthse - 2992sqft (Last unit)
==
Maintenance fee Estimated -
2bdrm - approx $230 p/mth
3/3Study bdrm - approx $270 p/mth
4bdrm - approx $300 p/mth
4Penthse - approx $380-$400 p/mth
==
Free shuttle service for 1st year from developer
In any case if the shuttle services are not sufficient
Here are the list of buses going pass Waterfront Waves currently
Bus no :-
2N - MARINA CTR TER
5 - BT MERAH INT / PASIR RIS INT
21 - ST. MICHAEL'S TER / PASIR RIS INT
22 - ANG MO KIO INT / TAMPINES INT
59 - BISHAN INT / CHANGI VILLAGE TER
65 - HARBOURFRONT INT / TAMPINES INT
66 - JURONG EAST INT / BEDOK INT
228 - BEDOK INT (Loop)
506 - JURONG EAST INT / UPP EAST COAST TER
CT18 - NEW BRIDGE RD TER / BEDOK INT
SS2 - BEDOK INT / BEDOK
You can check the details of bus journey over here
http://www.sbstransit.com.sg
==
Beside water area = cooler surrounding. Another ideal place for your morning/evening jog/cycling/inline skating or family stroll. Have your picnic their with your love ones.
Easy Access to PIE with new openings at Bedok North Ave 3 road.
Various schools around.
Near NTUC / Sheng Shiong supermarket @ Bedok Reservoir Town (2/3 bus stops away - approx 1km away)
==
Waterfront/Bedok Reservoir/East Area Home seekers. Give me a chance to discuss with you the open price @ the showflat
==
Is a fair price for a Brand New Condominium from two established developers
======
Far East Org and Fraser & Neave Centerpoint.
======
Roger Tan - 9061-9884

roger168
25-03-09, 22:04
LifeStyle you and your loved ones can enjoy at Bedok Reservoir..

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=parks&id=6&Itemid=73

or

Here Extract from Nparks site:

Bedok Res Park is an up and coming water-based activity area with regular races conducted in the reservoir. Developed around the picturesque and serene Bedok Reservoir, this park is popular for jogging. You will find jogathons held regularly here by schools and organisations.

This park is also equipped with a children's playground, fitness stations, and wide open fields. It is an excellent place for family outings, a slow stroll or just to relax by the reservoir after a hard day's work.
Floating Deck:

The Floating Deck is situated at Bedok Reservoir Park - Activity mall event site (near Blk 743 Bedok Reservoir Rd)

The floating deck is about 200m long with 3 numbers of 2m wide link-bridges each of about 20m long to link the floating deck to the shore. The floating deck can take a max of about 254 persons.

The centre event area. It is about 24m by 18m having a total area of 432 sq m. This is a multi usage area which can also be used for cultural performances.

Please click here for Floating Deck loading capacity

Facilities Available
Cycling track, Children's play equipment, Bicycle rack, Benches, Fitness corner/ stations & Fitness equipments/ exercise station, Fishing jetty, Jogging Path/ Running track, People's Association Water-Venture, Restroom / Toilets with or without shower facilities, Shelters, Event Lawn, Drinking fountain

cyl
25-03-09, 23:11
i am not sure why is there all this buzz about the future MRT line. When it happens, its happens. So lets just wait and see what LTA have got to say. Honestly, i do not feel that its an issue since there are so many bus services at our door step plus the proximity of WW is rather near to Tampines Mall if you were to ask me.

Lets all relax about the future MRT line and pray hard that the construction will go on smoothly! Hehehe... :D

noblebaby
25-03-09, 23:28
i am not sure why is there all this buzz about the future MRT line. When it happens, its happens. So lets just wait and see what LTA have got to say. Honestly, i do not feel that its an issue since there are so many bus services at our door step plus the proximity of WW is rather near to Tampines Mall if you were to ask me.

Lets all relax about the future MRT line and pray hard that the construction will go on smoothly! Hehehe... :D

cyl, our discussion here is not all about future MRT line... We have better idea than most agents on the future developments around Bedok Reservoir and Bedok town centre... Some of the forumers here even have first hand information that the agents do not have...

Anyway, most importantly is to do own research before picking the ideal unit... always make sure the price is within own budget and do not over commit...

Tony Blair
26-03-09, 10:22
DTL

Soil studies are being conducted.You have just got to recce the proposed DTL to know roughly where they are.It will run below Tampines Ave 4 e.g

noblebaby
26-03-09, 10:41
DTL

Soil studies are being conducted.You have just got to recce the proposed DTL to know roughly where they are.It will run below Tampines Ave 4 e.g

My guess is: :2cents:

Ubi Ave 2 (Macpherson interchange) --> Kaki Bukit Ave 1 --> Bedok Reservoir --> Tampines Ave 4 :D

15 Stations a long the way :p

kEN9170
26-03-09, 11:29
My guess is: :2cents:

Ubi Ave 2 (Macpherson interchange) --> Kaki Bukit Ave 1 --> Bedok Reservoir --> Tampines Ave 4 :D

15 Stations a long the way :p

hi, heard it will be around blk 148 bedok reservoir....

cheahsg
26-03-09, 13:47
cyl, our discussion here is not all about future MRT line... We have better idea than most agents on the future developments around Bedok Reservoir and Bedok town centre... Some of the forumers here even have first hand information that the agents do not have...

Anyway, most importantly is to do own research before picking the ideal unit... always make sure the price is within own budget and do not over commit...

Agreed... all units have their pro and cons... park view or res view.... as long as the owners themselves like it.

Water Lover
26-03-09, 19:26
It seems it is very likely that there will be a station either at start of the bedok reserviour park or bedok town park.

Very good analysis. It seems that you have scrutinise almost the entire Singapore Pte Properties. Do you happen to be a property tycoon- full time sourcing for housing? Any other tips to share from your experience?:beats-me-man:

noblebaby
26-03-09, 20:23
Very good analysis. It seems that you have scrutinise almost the entire Singapore Pte Properties. Do you happen to be a property tycoon- full time sourcing for housing? Any other tips to share from your experience?:beats-me-man:

:banana: :banana:

isaaclim
27-03-09, 12:25
One of my agent just call me to tell me that this weekend, one unsold project will relaunch with new pricing, which is as if the balcony + planter is free of charge.

Let's all say Hurrah! FREE for lifestyle! Finally developer start to give back what was not suppose to be for them.

noblebaby
27-03-09, 12:38
One of my agent just call me to tell me that this weekend, one unsold project will relaunch with new pricing, which is as if the balcony + planter is free of charge.

Let's all say Hurrah! FREE for lifestyle! Finally developer start to give back what was not suppose to be for them.

Which project? Can tell?

If got 2-brm unit, I'm interested! ;)

isaaclim
27-03-09, 12:42
Which project? Can tell?

If got 2-brm unit, I'm interested! ;)

Ah... I think it is not fair to my agent. The most i can say is one of the unsold project VERY VERY near to existing MRT station.

proud owner
27-03-09, 12:50
Ah... I think it is not fair to my agent. The most i can say is one of the unsold project VERY VERY near to existing MRT station.

its good to know you are protecting the interest of your agent ..

my friend who works in sembawang, told me his colleague when he first arrive singapore beginning this year, the agent lied to him that its near Amarylis at newton ..

and for a 2 bed room he is paying 5.5k , somemore signed 3 yr lease ..

we believe either the agent 'pakark' with the landlord , or he own the unit..

isaaclim
27-03-09, 13:13
its good to know you are protecting the interest of your agent ..

my friend who works in sembawang, told me his colleague when he first arrive singapore beginning this year, the agent lied to him that its near Amarylis at newton ..

and for a 2 bed room he is paying 5.5k , somemore signed 3 yr lease ..

we believe either the agent 'pakark' with the landlord , or he own the unit..

Well... no comment for your that friend.

Definitely they are some rotten one in this business, but those that I usually contacted, are not bad. I don't treat them as agent. I treat them as friends. :)

noblebaby
27-03-09, 17:14
Well... no comment for your that friend.

Definitely they are some rotten one in this business, but those that I usually contacted, are not bad. I don't treat them as agent. I treat them as friends. :)

the agent must be a female :D

gfoo
27-03-09, 17:30
lol. then you should check out my agent. gong-li lookalike.

would love for her to be my best friend too

too bad i shy boy go church one

pang
28-03-09, 00:00
Hi guys...

Great to find this forum.

Have some concern about the bay window as it seemed to take up a lot of space. Esp in the kitchen.

Can someone tell me more whether we could change the colour scheme in the kitchen and bedroom wardrobe?

Regards
Pang

kgchong
28-03-09, 00:08
Hi guys...

Have some concern about the bay window as it seemed to take up a lot of space. Esp in the kitchen.

Can someone tell me more whether we could change the colour scheme in the kitchen and bedroom wardrobe?

Regards
Pang

someone did change the color of kitchen cabinet.. wardrobe.. not sure...

kEN9170
28-03-09, 00:28
From The Business Times

Shopping around for a property now should keep this checklist in mind:

1. Purpose (own stay or investment)
2. Holding Period
3. Budget
4. Preferred Location
5. Surrounding Environment
6. Proximilty to expressways and public transport nodes
7. Rental yield/resale value (especially for investment)
8. Reputation of the developer
9. Design of the building and unit layout

While one naturally prefers to buy at the bottom of the cycle, this is harder to do with property than with stocks as each unit & project is different.
The unit you want may not be up for sale when prices are at their lowest.

There are a range of personal decisions that cannot be perfectly timed with the market cycle. For instance, newly married couples setting up home, parents moving closer to their children's schools, foreigners buying for their children who are studying in Singapore, etc. In addition, a home buyer with a longer holding period is more prepared to ride out the down cycle.

A home buyer should work out his budget to ascertain if he can afford to service the mortgage even in the worst-case scenario. A general guide is that the monthly mortgage payment should not be more than 40% of the monthly household income. But in these uncertain times, it would be more prudent to consider a lower monthly mortgage service ratio. The key at this point is to buy within one's means.

So how long will this downturn last? The previous downturns lasted 2.5 to 5 years. While property market saw a quick recovery afer the 1998 Asian Financial crisis, the recovery was slow after the 2001 Internet bubble burst, being compounded by a spate of adversities - the Sept 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the Iraq war in 2003 and Sars in 2003. The current downturn in the private residential market started only fourth quarters ago and is unlikely to bottom this year as the economic outlook is deteriorating. As to the timing and speed of recovery, that will hinge on the economic recovery of the major developed nations.

Going forward, developers are expected to resize the units of the developments that have yet to be launched to make them more affordable. This would be aided by declining construction costs which would lower total development costs.

Is this the right time to buy? That's the question we are often asked these days.
While Singapore has gone through the recessions before, this time around the general feeling is that the downturn could last longer than usual. As such, nobody can accurately call the bottom of the property market or figure out when it will start to recover.

To help home buyers along, we highlight some factors they shoud consider as they go house-hunting.

1. Timing. Everyone wants to buy low and sell high but in reality, very few of us can catch the bottom or the peak of the market. Even the experts are not always successful! When buying for your own occupation, the timing of the purchase is not the single most important factor. Rather, it is finding a property that fits your needs, be it in terms of location or design. The current soft market has presented many good buying opportunities because prices have fallen significantly.

No one can pinpoint the day when property prices will hit bottom. Very often we realise that the market has bottomed only after we have passed that point. If you find a property that you really like but delay the purchase in the hope of that the price will fall further, you may discover that it is no longer available. For investors, now is the right time to start looking and to take advantage of negotiable deals.

2. Location, present environment and future potential. Regardless of market conditions, location is still the most important factor when buying a property. All homerbuyers should start looking out for property launches in their target area, as project launches in some locations are few and far between. Property prices in certain locations may have upside potential if new projects or infrastructure are going to be developed in the vincinity. For example, if a major new university were to start operating in a certain location, there would be higher demand for leased accomodation in the surrounding from students and foreign staff.

For investors looking for rental income and capital appreciation, it is important to study what potential a location offers. Carefully sieve for projects that are close to MRT stations as these properties would be the most rentable. One should also think of the potential of the location.Similarly, an up and coming business park will have some impact.

3. Price. In a soft market, buyers have the upper hand and this is the best time to get a good deal. However, one still needs to do some homework to become familiar with prices in the surrounding aea. Bankers these days tend to be conservative, so if they can give you a loan or valuation that matches your purchase price, you can be assured that the property is priced reasonably. Do not use all your cash upfront to pay for the property. Instead, set aside enough cash or CPF funds to service the loan for the next 2 to 3 years. This is a defensive strategy that ensures your ability to service the loan even if you are unlucky enough to lose your job at some point.

4. Time frame. Speculative activity is definitely not advisable with so much market uncertainty. Instead, one should take a loner term view as the market will ultimately recover. A 5 to 7 years investment time frame will allow you to experience recovery in the property market and reap some handsome gains. One should also have a longer investment horizon so that in the event of limited capital appreciation, one can still rent out the property.

A down market offers the best opportunity to look for a good buy. Just be careful about cashflow. And when the economy recovers you are likely to find yourself sitting on a cash cow.

cyl
28-03-09, 01:17
Hi guys...

Regards
Pang

Hi there, there is only one colour scheme for WW. The only thing that you can try to change is the colour of the dry kitchen cabinets. From white to brown like those in the wet kitchen.

cyl
28-03-09, 01:19
The current downturn in the private residential market started only fourth quarters ago and is unlikely to bottom this year as the economic outlook is deteriorating.

This sure is depressing news...

Water Lover
28-03-09, 10:19
whether price will still go down further & by how much is anybody's guess.
mass market is unlike high end which has gone down maybe about 30%. unless HDB goes down further (which I believe "somebody" will intervene)it is unlikely pte property be cheaper than a HDB flat. Do you think HDB will go back to my father's time 1979. 4 room amk at 24.5K.

anyway it is a decision & choice the buyers have to make & live with it. don't feel regret as long as u can afford and not over commit. enjoy life a bit, look forward to relaxing at bedok reservoir.

whether price has bottom nobody knows. maybe down some more maybe not. but definitely price has gone down for WW from the initial launch which the initial buyers also cannot foresee.

those who are not in a hurry or not worry WW will sell out by then. you still can play tug-of-war with developer.

but for sure WW is not bad considering all the surrounding and facilities and the reservoir that attracted me the most and an MRT is coming up though nobody know the location.

Just my opinion..:p

noblebaby
28-03-09, 10:27
Hi guys...

Regards
Pang

Welcome, welcome, another new neighbour!

Yes, with the bay window the liveable space become smaller physically and visually... However, with good ID, the area of the bay window can be converted into useful space such as storage cabinet, resting area, etc.

:2cents:

noblebaby
28-03-09, 10:41
mass market is unlike high end which has gone down maybe about 30%. unless HDB goes down further (which I believe "somebody" will intervene)it is unlikely pte property be cheaper than a HDB flat. Do you think HDB will go back to my father's time 1979. 4 room amk at 24.5K.

anyway it is a decision & choice the buyers have to make & live with it. don't feel regret as long as u can afford and not over commit. enjoy life a bit, look forward to relaxing at bedok reservoir.

whether price has bottom nobody knows. maybe down some more maybe not. but definitely price has gone down for WW from the initial launch which the initial buyers also cannot foresee.

those who are not in a hurry or not worry WW will sell out by then. you still can play tug-of-war with developer.

but for sure WW is not bad considering all the surrounding and facilities and the reservoir that attracted me the most and an MRT is coming up though nobody know the location.

Waterfront waves was a dead thread in this forum before the Star Buy promotion... but look at it now, this thread has the highest number of view among the condos in D16, and with an increasing number of discussion... more genuine owners are also coming in to join the WF family... :D

This tells us that with the reduction of price, people started to feel comfortable with the quantum... as long as the sales is going well for the Star Buy units, and with strong holding power by the developers to ride out this downturn, I'm confident that the price will not fall further (except those very low floor and bad facing units)... :p

:2cents:

Acer
28-03-09, 10:42

go back to 1979 , don't think is possible.
But at least go back to SAR time

cyberboi79
28-03-09, 14:57
Which is your unit type?

Any idea how is the view at stack 26?

cyl
28-03-09, 15:58

If you were to go down to the showroom, you will realize that the site plan for waterfront key is already done up. It will be to the right of waterfront waves. So my guess is that the view for stack 26 will include the bedok town park and the future waterfront key.

cheahsg
28-03-09, 16:59

Agreed...

You can never buy at the lowest and sell at the highest.

noblebaby
28-03-09, 17:12
If you were to go down to the showroom, you will realize that the site plan for waterfront key is already done up. It will be to the right of waterfront waves. So my guess is that the view for stack 26 will include the bedok town park and the future waterfront key.

cyl, the site plan is on paper in the showroom? or miniature model? hmnnn... any date of launching?

Water Lover
28-03-09, 17:52
Putting aside the ongoing price tussle between potential buyers & developer, my view is that Waterfront Waves is a gem to be uncovered.

Congratulation to those who bought Waterfront Waves:)

cyberboi79
28-03-09, 18:55

I was there on thur. the model is up but it neither incl the park or the waterfront key at all. The park direction side end at the canal.. Cannot even see the whole canal, needless to say the park or even the expressway. I just went google earth to see the plot, realised that stack 26 is just abt 220m away from the expressway. Will the noise and dust affect much?

hippopo
28-03-09, 18:59
Google earth? good idea :)

cyl
28-03-09, 21:56
cyl, the site plan is on paper in the showroom? or miniature model? hmnnn... any date of launching?

The new model does include a rough draft on paper for waterfront key. The site plan is placed on the same table as the model. As for the launch, there is still no news. Guess they are holding it first as there are still many projects coming up. However, ifyou were to check ura's web page, you will realize that there will be a total of 827 units for waterfront waves/key.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/supply/SupplyController.jpf

cyl
28-03-09, 22:26
I was there on thur. the model is up but it neither incl the park or the waterfront key at all. The park direction side end at the canal.. Cannot even see the whole canal, needless to say the park or even the expressway. I just went google earth to see the plot, realised that stack 26 is just abt 220m away from the expressway. Will the noise and dust affect much?

That then i am not too sure with regards to the view to stack 26. Why not try looking for an agent. A commendable agent will be Roger. He was the one who served me and my boyfriend. The expressway is not really near the condo in my perspective. Take a drive down PIE and see for yourself or perhaps go down to those HDB blocks near Waterfront to see hows the noise level there. Should be comparable.

Those are my two cents worth of advice. Hehe...

francistaong
28-03-09, 22:41
That then i am not too sure with regards to the view to stack 26. Why not try looking for an agent. A commendable agent will be Roger. He was the one who served me and my boyfriend. The expressway is not really near the condo in my perspective. Take a drive down PIE and see for yourself or perhaps go down to those HDB blocks near Waterfront to see hows the noise level there. Should be comparable.

Haha, thanks for once i am hearing something good for the HSR Waterfront team member. This is something we strive to achieve to help buyers realised their dream home. Appreciate it very much !!:) :)

cyberboi79
29-03-09, 00:39

Thanks for ur advice.. Anyway this is the link for the place which is pretty much similiar to stack 26 to the PIE.. It was measured abt 220m..

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_3499/travel_site_76445/

cheahsg
29-03-09, 00:52
Thanks for ur advice.. Anyway this is the link for the place which is pretty much similiar to stack 26 to the PIE.. It was measured abt 220m..

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_3499/travel_site_76445/

No need to head to the PIE, just park and walk to the bedok park and see how far is stack 26 to the PIE. You can also hear for yourself if its really nosiy.

roger168
29-03-09, 03:36

Hi noblebaby, there is a draft plan copy of Waterfront Waves & Key available on a plague on top of the ShowModel. You can come down to the showflat and check it out.

As for the launching date of Waterfront Key, we are unsure. However we know that they are holding it back till Waterfront Waves registered more units sold. From the weekly agressive advertisement in the newspaper since 7 to 8 weeks ago...developers spare no effort in making this project a success.

Logically in my humble opinion, developers may just wait for more concrete information of the MRT line to be announced. Hence they can used that as a good reason to price higher....Don't you agree ?

Some may argue that the land 99years, why hold back the launch when time is ticking. Do know they are established developers, moreover they are Far East Org. and Fraser and Neave with huge financial muscle. They can top up the lease to 99 years again easily ....

Trouble times lies good opportunities (good buy). Sounds familiar !!

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

ahlahdin
29-03-09, 04:03
Agreed...

You can never buy at the lowest and sell at the highest.

Surely there will be an owner who achieves the highest price sale, or a buyer who bought at the lowest price. So why can't that person be you or me? Never say never lah.

noblebaby
29-03-09, 11:53

Stack 26 will be directly facing the bedok town park... unblock... as for noise, you can go to the HDB beside the plot to hear it... as you go higher, the noise level will be higher... i tested it myself, noise level is acceptable even with window open... since its an expressway, noise is quite constant... if I'm you, I'll get the mid-floor unit... with the view just above the greenery...

noblebaby
29-03-09, 12:26
Logically in my humble opinion, developers may just wait for more concrete information of the MRT line to be announced. Hence they can used that as a good reason to price higher....Don't you agree ?

Some may argue that the land 99years, why hold back the launch when time is ticking. Do know they are established developers, moreover they are Far East Org. and Fraser and Neave with huge financial muscle. They can top up the lease to 99 years again easily ....

Agreed, personally I think the developers will not launch waterfront key so soon as there are still many units unsold for waterfront waves... if they really want to launch it within the next coming 9-12 months, I believe the price will be slightly higher than waterfront waves as I have a feeling that waterfront key will be slightly nearer to the future MRT station, and the higher price will also lure more buyers to waterfront waves first. haha. :D

My unit is on stack 25, so I don't really worry about the dust and noise from the future constructions, as I have stacks 24, 26, 27, 28, and 29 to block it from me. This is one of the reasons I went for stack 25... :D

What we all want from an agent is honesty... Beside the up points, we also want to know the down points... I prefer to listen the down point more then the up. :D

cheahsg
29-03-09, 16:42
Surely there will be an owner who achieves the highest price sale, or a buyer who bought at the lowest price. So why can't that person be you or me? Never say never lah.

Actually the lowest or highest will be based on your own psychology level. If you think that price is the highest you would pay or lowest you would sell... all depends on you.

cheahsg
29-03-09, 16:45
Agreed, personally I think the developers will not launch waterfront key so soon as there are still many units unsold for waterfront waves... if they really want to launch it within the next coming 9-12 months, I believe the price will be slightly higher than waterfront waves as I have a feeling that waterfront key will be slightly nearer to the future MRT station, and the higher price will also lure more buyers to waterfront waves first. haha. :D

My unit is on stack 25, so I don't really worry about the dust and noise from the future constructions, as I have stacks 24, 26, 27, 28, and 29 to block it from me. This is one of the reasons I went for stack 25... :D

What we all want from an agent is honesty... Beside the up points, we also want to know the down points... I prefer to listen the down point more then the up. :D

Does it matter now?... we have already committed to the 1 unit even before the discussion about the MRT being built. Its only those who have not made up their mind whether to get WW or wait for WK or are just comparing different projects with their 2 cents worth.

noblebaby
29-03-09, 16:55
Does it matter now?... we have already committed to the 1 unit even before the discussion about the MRT being built. Its only those who have not made up their mind whether to get WW or wait for WK or are just comparing different projects with their 2 cents worth.

For sure it does matter! Especially to those like you who is going to sell it away if the value appreciate.

cheahsg
29-03-09, 16:59
For sure it does matter! Especially to those like you who is going to sell it away if the value appreciate.

Actually we bought it mainly for own stay. Cos nearer to in-laws and to St.Hildas. But that will be another 3 years though

noblebaby
29-03-09, 21:16
Actually we bought it mainly for own stay. Cos nearer to in-laws and to St.Hildas. But that will be another 3 years though

Yes, 3 years to wait, very long... :sleep:

cyl
29-03-09, 23:10
Yes, 3 years to wait, very long... :sleep:

Yessss.... Three years is too long... I do hope that the construction will be smooth sailing and i hope that it will TOP before the CNY for 2012. Dont understand why is this project taking so long. Zzzz... :tongue3:

cheahsg
30-03-09, 12:40
Yessss.... Three years is too long... I do hope that the construction will be smooth sailing and i hope that it will TOP before the CNY for 2012. Dont understand why is this project taking so long. Zzzz... :tongue3:

I think initially the TOP was in 2011 when it launched last year. But due to poor response, they delayed the TOP to 2012. Main reason was the launch price was quite high >$750 psf.

With the starbuy promotion, they have the funds to start construction liao.

roger168
31-03-09, 05:54
Here something for everyone to read.

An Article in SUNDAY TIMES 29-March-2009

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/Newspaper1.jpg

An Article in SUNDAY TIMES 29-March-2009

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/IMG_0001.jpg

Hope this helps...

Sincerely inviting everyone whom are comfortable and convinced that this place is their future home.

Roger Tan - 9061-9884
Waterfront Waves Team

noblebaby
31-03-09, 09:32
Hope this helps...

Sincerely inviting everyone whom are comfortable and convinced that this place is their future home.

Roger Tan - 9061-9884
Waterfront Waves Team

Brisk sales for Waterfront Waves?!? How many unit launched and sold till date?

Although TOP is still stick to 2012, do you think the developer will speed up the construction since the sales is going well...? :rolleyes:

roger168
31-03-09, 11:01
Hi noblebaby,

The sales have been good for the past weeks.

As for the T.O.P, we are still told by mgmt to quote Estimated 2nd Quarter to 3rd Quarter of 2012 and will not be later than November 2012.

You can always keep track of the construction from the Blk 723 and do keep track of the huge board outside the construction site. Hope that helps.

noblebaby
31-03-09, 11:39
Hi noblebaby,

The sales have been good for the past weeks.

As for the T.O.P, we are still told by mgmt to quote Estimated 2nd Quarter to 3rd Quarter of 2012 and will not be later than November 2012.

You can always keep track of the construction from the Blk 723 and do keep track of the huge board outside the construction site. Hope that helps.

Roger, thanks for the info... If the developer is able to shift the TOP slight early (maybe end of 2011), then it'll be another selling point... As far as I know, there are some who are interested at this project, but the pull back is the TOP (since this project launched about 1 year ago). :sleep:

WF Constructor
31-03-09, 12:32
For stack 3, 25 and 26, all the units launched and sales is going well!!! Only left 3 units from these stacks:

10-03
05-25
05-26

Agent Roger or Francis, please double comfirm, thanks!

pang
31-03-09, 13:58
I was told by my agent that TOP will be in 2010 !!

Just went to the showflat last Sunday and saw the big nice picture of Waterfront Key. Don't know when they are going to start selling?

Nico
31-03-09, 14:20
2010?? Hmm that's the first time i hear that the TOP for WW will be in 2010. I think it is not possible but i do hope that that can be ACHIEVED!!!:cheers5::cheers4:

Just went to the showflat last Sunday and saw the big nice picture of Waterfront Key. Don't know when they are going to start selling?

cheahsg
31-03-09, 15:17

TOP in 2010?... so fast? Faster than those DBSS. I hope not though cos the quality may be affected.

WF Constructor
31-03-09, 15:26

Italian Job! Must be con by agent and force you to commit fast!

Agents normally will tell buyer that the unit is selling fast; stack almost sold out; if you don't take it now, others will take, etc. Lots of bull-shits from them!

cyl
31-03-09, 15:44
I remember someone mentioning here that there is a huge signboard outside the construction stating that waterfront waves will TOP around September 2011. Why now dragged to 2nd quarter of 2012. All this will affect my PLANS!!! Grr... :eek:

francistaong
31-03-09, 21:27
For stack 3, 25 and 26, all the units launched and sales is going well!!! Only left 3 units from these stacks:

10-03
05-25
05-26

Agent Roger or Francis, please double comfirm, thanks!

Units still available. thanks

roger168
01-04-09, 08:48
Another piece of good news.

People are buying

Supported by this article today in The Straits Times 1st Apr 2009

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/IMG02.jpg

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

VIPCLUB2004
01-04-09, 11:30
Another piece of good news.

People are buying

Supported by this article today in The Straits Times 1st Apr 2009

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/IMG02.jpg

Roger Tan - 9061-9884

We also need take note that from 2008, the vol is dropping dramatically, mainly due to investors leave the market, then push the % of HDB upgrading increasing, but the real vol for those HDB Upgrading may not increase, most likely decrease for the past 1 year plus.....

As a conclusion, although the % looks increasing a lot, the fact may be different --- the actual number of HDB upgrading cases for the past 1 year plus is much less than in the year of 2006 & 2007. Numbers mislead people in many cases :D

If you believe that the property market will not be up for quite long time, why rush? I continue :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

VIPCLUB2004
01-04-09, 11:42
Actually from the past experience, the so called % hit the peak in 2002, but many best deals come at 2004 ~ 2005, so for this time, I believe the % will hit the peak in 2009, so likely the best deals will be around 2011... :D

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-04a7.pdf

gohsoonk
01-04-09, 12:56
Italian Job! Must be con by agent and force you to commit fast!

Agents normally will tell buyer that the unit is selling fast; stack almost sold out; if you don't take it now, others will take, etc. Lots of bull-shits from them!

I have to offer my two cents here to agree. If you show that you are interested, you can be sure they will call you about 1-2 hours after you leave the showflat. They will tell you that it is selling fast for other floors, etc. I noticed the same tactic used for different developments.

noblebaby
01-04-09, 16:56
Actually from the past experience, the so called % hit the peak in 2002, but many best deals come at 2004 ~ 2005, so for this time, I believe the % will hit the peak in 2009, so likely the best deals will be around 2011... :D

I some how agree with your comment... From investment perspective, now is still not the good time to buy. Statistically, the property market will only bottom out 6-9 months after the real economy hit rock bottom. Singapore economy is just half way through the dark tunnel. :scared-2:

As for own stay, now may not be the bad time to buy as long as the purchase is within own comfort zone... Most importantly is to find an ideal unit or one of the best within the project with reasonable pricing. There is really no reason to purchase a unit with poor facing, inferior layout or non-strategic location, just because of the price is low. :banghead:

Kenshinto80
01-04-09, 19:52

keke.....2011? The thing is for this kind of deep recession, you may not even see the normal stock market recovery ahead of the economy. Past trend thingy not really applicable.

WF Constructor
01-04-09, 22:20
More units will be released:

2bdrm unit left:

#14-27
#07-27
#04-27
#02-27

isaaclim
02-04-09, 00:07

What % peak in 2002? Can you

noblebaby
02-04-09, 21:53
Just come back to Singapore and saw the headline 13.8% fall in private home price... Quite inline with the price reduction of Star Buy promotion...

Let's read some research reports tonight ;)

roger168
03-04-09, 12:15
Last 2 bdrms left - 4 units

#02-27 - $642,600

#04-27 - $652,500

#07-27 - $667,800

#14-27 - $698,400

Price is Nett and based on Progressive Payment scheme. Subject to change without notice and first come first serve.

Roger - 9061-9884

WF Constructor
03-04-09, 13:19
Last 2 bdrms left - 4 units

#02-27 - $642,600

#04-27 - $652,500

#07-27 - $667,800

#14-27 - $698,400

Price is Nett and based on Progressive Payment scheme. Subject to change without notice and first come first serve.

Roger - 9061-9884

Roger, we appreciate if you can provide info on the unsold 3brm & 4brm unit as well (unit no. & star buy price). Cheers!

;) ;)

WF Constructor
03-04-09, 14:08
The initial TOP in 2010 has been pushed further to 2012 due to poor sales.

Lynette Khoo

Mon, Jan 21, 2008
The Business Times

Waterfront Waves enjoys brisk sales

DEFYING wide consensus of a more subdued private property market here amid US sub-prime woes, house hunters bought half the 120 units launched over the weekend at Waterfront Waves.
The project, near Bedok Reservoir, is a 405-unit condominium jointly developed by Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint (FCL).

The average price achieved for the 60 units sold was $750-800 per square foot (psf), with one unit fetching the highest price of $874 psf.

"Waterfront Waves has this exclusive product differentiation - it is one of the last developments with direct view of the Bedok Reservoir," said Cheang Kok Kheong, chief operating officer of Frasers Centrepoint Homes.

The private preview of the Waterfront Waves over the weekend drew a good turn-up of close to 1,000 people.

Giving the breakdown on the profile of the buyers, Mr Cheang noted that 30 per cent of them have HDB addresses and 70 per cent have private addresses. Most of them indicated that they were looking to stay in the new units.

Located near the Bedok Reservoir and less than two minutes from the Pan Island Expressway, the condominium is slated for completion in 2010 with construction work likely to start by the third quarter of this year.

Mr Cheang said he does not see a softening of property market sentiment as the sub-prime problem will likely blow over in another six months to one year.

"There is still strong demand for the entry-level private property market in selected areas with quality living standards," said Mr Cheang.

With three of the nine blocks at Waterfront Waves already launched, FCL is now looking to launch a few more blocks this weekend.

cheahsg
03-04-09, 14:18
Roger, we appreciate if you can provide info on the unsold 3brm & 4brm unit as well (unit no. & star buy price). Cheers!

;) ;)

Why dun you head over to the showflat and sit down with the agent and strike off those already been sold?

Better than you ask and get the figures 2 days later.

cheahsg
03-04-09, 14:21
I some how agree with your comment... From investment perspective, now is still not the good time to buy. Statistically, the property market will only bottom out 6-9 months after the real economy hit rock bottom. Singapore economy is just half way through the dark tunnel. :scared-2:

As for own stay, now may not be the bad time to buy as long as the purchase is within own comfort zone... Most importantly is to find an ideal unit or one of the best within the project with reasonable pricing. There is really no reason to purchase a unit with poor facing, inferior layout or non-strategic location, just because of the price is low. :banghead:

Agreed with you... you may be able to get the ideal unit you want once the market bottom out. It maybe sold by then or asking for higher psf.

DealsHunter
03-04-09, 23:20
I just went down to the showflat. So much nicer and grander.

Price also more realisitc now at around $628psf. :) Time to pull out cheque book

kEN9170
03-04-09, 23:27
I just went down to the showflat. So much nicer and grander.

Price also more realisitc now at around $628psf. :) Time to pull out cheque book

Really? Which stack is selling around 628psf?

WF Constructor
03-04-09, 23:41
Just back from showroom. Sales is not too bad. Only left 2 units for 2-brm unit. Plenty of pool facing unit.

02-27 & 14-27

francistaong
04-04-09, 21:48
Just back from showroom. Sales is not too bad. Only left 2 units for 2-brm unit. Plenty of pool facing unit.

02-27 & 14-27

Back to 3 units as 07-27 not process as decided to get a 3bdrm.
Total available #02 / 07 / 14.

1kcirdenk
05-04-09, 20:43
:) Just went down to take a look.

The price went up a bit for certain units.

noblebaby
05-04-09, 22:20
:) Just went down to take a look.

The price went up a bit for certain units.

Price went up for which stacks? Hmnnn... Mayb the demand is not bad?!? Will go down this week to check it out.

Are you planing to get a unit?

1kcirdenk
05-04-09, 22:41
Price went up for which stacks? Hmnnn... Mayb the demand is not bad?!? Will go down this week to check it out.

Are you planing to get a unit?

Heard price for 2nd and 3rd flr of stack 16 adjusted up ard $15k. We aldy got our unit in mid Mar. More starbuy units have bn released since we last visited and selling fast.

Bieffe
06-04-09, 02:02
Not worth so much lah. Below $600/psf is more like it. Too many crazy ppl paying too much. Stick to less than $600 sure get.

Just see how much the surrounding selling.

06-04-09, 07:48
Not worth so much lah. Below $600/psf is more like it. Too many crazy ppl paying too much. Stick to less than $600 sure get.

maybe can try . . .

but one thing to note..main contractor for this project is a small local construction coy...

cheahsg
06-04-09, 10:56

Heard the floor selling below $600 psf... you should be able to get one.

I was abit crazy when I commited one unit sometime back.

cheahsg
06-04-09, 11:02

noblebaby
06-04-09, 11:03

Yalor, many crazy peoples here paid more than $600 psf to get their ideal unit.

:D :D

cheahsg
06-04-09, 11:06
Yalor, many crazy peoples here paid more than $600 psf to get their ideal unit.

:D :D

Yup... thats already 2 of us for a start. Haha

Bieffe
06-04-09, 11:53
Yup... thats already 2 of us for a start. HahaYa but you will never know mah....recession hit also we house buyers also bo pian....speculators more bang. See the URA trans price when 1st launch....really lots of differencence lor.

Deverloper only got the land at $240/psf. Most important the house sta liao happy. If price goes up and up is a plus if not....don't think becos got to stay mah.

Congratulations for ur purchase. ALso heard TOP was 2010 then take up lousy....TOP become 2012. So price may slowly come down. These developer well know for holding out.

noblebaby
06-04-09, 15:10
So price may slowly come down. These developer well know for holding out.

Don't really understand your statement... You said price will trend lower but developer hold back?!? Yes, TOP is in 2012, but by that time economy already started to recover.

Look at the past 2-3 weeks, stock market rallied 20%++, did you able to predict this 3 weeks ago??? Nobody is able to see the future... so just sit tight and watch the show! :cheers1:

VIPCLUB2004
06-04-09, 17:03
Don't really understand your statement... You said price will trend lower but developer hold back?!? Yes, TOP is in 2012, but by that time economy already started to recover.

Look at the past 2-3 weeks, stock market rallied 20%++, did you able to predict this 3 weeks ago??? Nobody is able to see the future... so just sit tight and watch the show! :cheers1:

stock market crash more than 60% from peak, so rally 20% just means (1-60%)x(1+20%)=48%, till much less than the peak, only around half.... but the property market is very different, just dropped around 20%, so still likely to have 20% to go, 80% x 80% = 64%, still much better than the stock market 48% ... :D

noblebaby
06-04-09, 21:37
"F&N will continue to focus on mass markets in Singapore. It has an internal policy of keeping around 2,000 units within its property inventory every year. It is likely to launch its last remaining mass-market site at Woodleigh in 2H09. We suspect F&N may be looking at replenishing its inventory soon." :scared-4: :scared-5: :scared-4:

Read more in today's research reports!

kEN9170
06-04-09, 22:18
Yup... thats already 2 of us for a start. Haha

pls count me in...i'm another one..:D

cyl
07-04-09, 05:09

I trust that there are many buyers who bought their units at above $600psf. Just look at the caveats lodged. :scared-1:

But are we happy that we bough waterfront waves at that price?

kEN9170
07-04-09, 06:25
I trust that there are many buyers who bought their units at above $600psf. Just look at the caveats lodged. :scared-1:

But are we happy that we bough waterfront waves at that price?

I am happy...:D :D :D

DealsHunter
07-04-09, 08:45
I guess everyone are happy. :spliff:

Since everywhere also the same. Micasa in Choa Chu Kang area cost ard $600psf to $700psf :scared-1: :scared-1: too.

I will certainly pay $600-$650psf for WW. ;)

pang
07-04-09, 09:32

me too...

and i am happy to pay what i feel is worth it.:)

noblebaby
07-04-09, 10:09
I'm super happy and couldn't wait to meet the crazy peoples! :D

Have several choices during house hunting, included some FH condos, but picked WFW due to it's nature surroundings. Since this is for own stay, don't really bother on the potential appreciation, most importantly is quality of living. Money can be made from other source of investment. ;)

1kcirdenk
07-04-09, 10:47
Hi,

Need some advice here.

Anyone knows where we can get the cheapest and comprehensive mortgage insurance from?

VIPCLUB2004
07-04-09, 16:17
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/

Check for more information there....

cyl
07-04-09, 17:58

Have several choices during house hunting, included some FH condos, but picked WFW due to it's nature surroundings. Since this is for own stay, don't really bother on the potential appreciation, most importantly is quality of living. Money can be made from other source of investment. ;)

YES! We shall have a crazy BBQ party for all the crazies that have bought waterfront waves... Still, it will be a crazy wait for our houses to be ready. So in the mean time, lets stick to our sanity and let the crazy come out later. Hehe....

Its nice to hear constructive criticisms. However, there are many lame and redundant comments around...

Crazy crazy...

cheahsg
07-04-09, 18:32

I'm happy if my wife is happy.

Even happier that I got finally a unit with a layout and facing i like after so many showflats.

Anyway already made that 20% payment. So no need to think anymore regardless the property prices goes down some more. Let other enjoy the cheaper prices. But there will be another group will say to wait for even cheaper prices. Never ending story.

WF Constructor
07-04-09, 23:43
Congrats to those who bought, it's certainly a good buy!

WF Constructor
08-04-09, 00:17
The Main contractor for this project is Hytech Builders Pte Lte.
Some one questioned the reliability of our constractor... :mad:

SME Growth Excellence Award 2007 for Net Profit – Hytech Builders Pte Ltd

Hytech Builders Pte Lte is a builder in Singapore and is a main contractor of civil engineering, building and construction related projects. They are engaged primarily in the building of education facilities such as primary and secondary schools. Their portfolio includes the construction of private condominiums.

SME Growth Excellence for Net Profit recognises SMEs based on the increase in net profit over a two-year period.

kEN9170
10-04-09, 16:28
anyone visited the showflat today? how's the sales?

noblebaby
10-04-09, 21:14
Just came back from the showflat, some info to share:

1. Based on the info given by the Far East sales manager, sales is good, many units sold. I didn't ask about the actual unit sold, only knew that 2-bedroom left 2 units, which are 02-27 & 14-27.

2. Heavy rain this afternoon, but still quite a good number of visitors keep coming in, mainly families and young couples. I can see that many peoples are actually interested at this project.

3. Waterfront Key estimated to be launched by 3Q09-4Q09... the price will be about 15% higher than WFW!!! Took a look at the provisional siteplan for WFK, the site is quite similar to WFW, just that the pool is smaller.

4. As for the colour of the kitchen cabinet, those who opt for dry kitchen conversion for their 3-bedroom unit, has the options to change the colour of the dry kitchen cabinet from white to brown. The colour of the wet kitchen cabinet will be white for the top and brown for the bottom as displayed in the showflat. Therefore, those who not opt for dry kitchen, the default colour will be white for the top and brown for the bottom. I have confirmed this with the Far East sales manager.

5. There is a chance of WFW T.O.P by end of 2011 as told by the Far East guy.

Let me know if I missed out some important info... cheers! :D

noblebaby
10-04-09, 21:15
anyone visited the showflat today? how's the sales?

Ken, check my reply above. I'll post some photos of the construction site soon. :)

kEN9170
10-04-09, 21:59
Ken, check my reply above. I'll post some photos of the construction site soon. :)

Thanks noblebaby for giving us a detail update.
Great to hear that it will be TOP earlier. :)

Looking forward to the photos.

noblebaby
10-04-09, 23:12
Construction Progress as of 10th April 2009

Stack 01, 02, 03 & 04 progressing...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6848/95974306.jpg

Closer look... hmnn... look like car park done?!?

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8154/32078687.jpg

noblebaby
10-04-09, 23:18

Stacks 11, 12, 13 & 14 progressing... Car park foundation done!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3566/54203088.jpg

Stacks 15, 16, 17, 18 piling done!!!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4553/66417287.jpg

noblebaby
10-04-09, 23:26

Foundation for the car park entrance done... Look carefully on the sloopy cement ground at the back, that is it... On the right, you can see piling for stacks 26, 27, 28 & 29 are done, steel bars for supporting pillars are coming out from the ground :D

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3843/73734758.jpg

Close up for foundation of stacks 26, 27, 28 & 29... Workers are preparing reinforcement steel bars for the concrete wall of the car park...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2141/11412349.jpg

hippopo
10-04-09, 23:43
Thank you for the updates :D

noblebaby
10-04-09, 23:58
Details of the Construction, Hope You Guys Enjoy the Photos! ;)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3579/10349595.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5448/88207506.jpg

pang
11-04-09, 09:19
Thks for the effort to update us. :)

kEN9170
11-04-09, 17:45
Stack 03 all sold..:D