PDA

View Full Version : Loft Unit - Viridian or 8 Riversuites

trixie
09-12-13, 09:33
I'm looking for a loft unit and Viridian is one of the 2 that I came across, the other being 8 Riversuites.

Now, considering the 2 now, price and size is similiar, i.e. 1.25mil for around 800 sqft. Viridian loft starts from 18 flr and up and for 8 Riversuites I'm likely to get a 19 flr and up also so both will be guaranteed of a view.

8 Riversuites is at Boon Keng/Bendemeer and Virdidian is at Balestier. Which one is better ?

I wonder any more new launches with loft concept?

iridrium
09-12-13, 13:55
I'm looking for a loft unit and Viridian is one of the 2 that I came across, the other being 8 Riversuites.

Now, considering the 2 now, price and size is similiar, i.e. 1.25mil for around 800 sqft. Viridian loft starts from 18 flr and up and for 8 Riversuites I'm likely to get a 19 flr and up also so both will be guaranteed of a view.

8 Riversuites is at Boon Keng/Bendemeer and Virdidian is at Balestier. Which one is better ?

I wonder any more new launches with loft concept?

8 Riversuites for me. But I tot Viridian is freehold?

Between those two I will go for 8RS. And I don't even like 8RS.

lol

trixie
09-12-13, 14:59
8 Riversuites for me. But I tot Viridian is freehold?

Between those two I will go for 8RS. And I don't even like 8RS.

lol

thanks for the reply. Viridian is FH and 8RS is 99. both have their shortcomings so i'm considering hard and i don't see many developments with loft concept.

why do you pick 8RS?

dragonkee
09-12-13, 22:14
8RS, near mrt :)

Sleepless
09-12-13, 22:43
8RS, near mrt :)

But Viridian is freehold and juz behind shaw cinema with ntuc, cinema. Walk few mins and you will reach Zhongshan park too.

Only drawback compared to 8RS is the lack of mrt but balastier do have its own charms too.

I will vote for Viridian:D

leesg123
09-12-13, 22:48
But Viridian is freehold and juz behind shaw cinema with ntuc, cinema. Walk few mins and you will reach Zhongshan park too.

Only drawback compared to 8RS is the lack of mrt but balastier do have its own charms too.

I will vote for Viridian:DBalestier is still quite sleazy. dont be surprise to find freelance chicks renting units there for business.

dragonkee
10-12-13, 09:06
Balestier is still quite sleazy. dont be surprise to find freelance chicks renting units there for business.

hahaha "freelance chicks"? agree with u.. a lot of budget HOTEL at Balestier also..

clemdale24
10-12-13, 09:36
hahaha "freelance chicks"? agree with u.. a lot of budget HOTEL at Balestier also..

balestier has no mrt and there is no plans for an mrt there. boonkeng has an mrt. boonkeng has a hdb town centre with plenty of amenities, including a hawker centre/market. 8RS is a 3min walk away. boonkeng has good connectivity by buses/ expressways. boonkeng has no sleazy pubs/ hotels/ "china women". traffic at boonkeng is arguably better than balestier.

viridian is free hold while 8RS is not. it is a small (boutique) development while 8RS is a large condo.

both are equally close to the city/ CBD (in terms of geographical distance).

which would u choose?

kellogs
10-12-13, 09:39
I would choose 8RS but at the current climate I would not buy resale unit unless it is a bargain.

For own stay or investment?

For own stay buy what you like and fits your budget :)

yesnomaybe
10-12-13, 12:07
Hi Trixie, Viridian is only 4 bus stops away from Toa Payoh MRT on bus number 139. Call me at 91087536 for more information.

Sleepless
10-12-13, 13:02
balestier has no mrt and there is no plans for an mrt there. boonkeng has an mrt. boonkeng has a hdb town centre with plenty of amenities, including a hawker centre/market. 8RS is a 3min walk away. boonkeng has good connectivity by buses/ expressways. boonkeng has no sleazy pubs/ hotels/ "china women". traffic at boonkeng is arguably better than balestier.

viridian is free hold while 8RS is not. it is a small (boutique) development while 8RS is a large condo.

both are equally close to the city/ CBD (in terms of geographical distance).

which would u choose?

Hmm but traffic at boon keng is going to be increasing soon , looking at the number of new condos that will top in a few years time. If for homestay, i think will be fine too if live at viridian..the cinema is just a stone throw away and supermarket too. Morever is freehold..maybe may not be appealing to some but i think freehold to me is quite an appealing factor..

zeamybro
10-12-13, 15:06
Both are very vibrant places with plenty of amenities. But I will choose 8rs. The traffic jams at boon keng may be bad but still much better than balestier. Balestier's traffic is horrendous.

And some bro here is right on the sleaziness at balestier.. Many budget hotels there. Try driving down early in the morning say before 7am and it's not difficult to spot 'pro-fessionals' standing by the road side hailing cabs.

trixie
12-12-13, 08:55
Thanks everyone for the reply.

It's mostly for my own stay but I might get posted overseas so will also be looking at the rental yield.

Balestier is really rundown with broken looking warehouses and some have said that this place will be revamped or positive impact from the medical hub at Novena and also benefit from Zhong Shan park in future.

Likewise for 8RS, the area seems to be developing soon (I hope).

Both are within my budget.

iridrium
12-12-13, 10:18
Thanks everyone for the reply.

It's mostly for my own stay but I might get posted overseas so will also be looking at the rental yield.

Balestier is really rundown with broken looking warehouses and some have said that this place will be revamped or positive impact from the medical hub at Novena and also benefit from Zhong Shan park in future.

Likewise for 8RS, the area seems to be developing soon (I hope).

Both are within my budget.

Take a look at Joo Chiat - sleaze are still there despite so many attempts to clean it up.

For Viridian, I am suspicious of the developer (quality) and how they size and layout the units. Given the profile of area and the unit type configuration, I will not be surprise if most of the units will be up for rental (to 'workers') after TOP.

If you are buying for investment, both are ok i guess. If you are looking to stay eventually, 8 RS is the lesser of two evils.

Sleepless
12-12-13, 20:36
Take a look at Joo Chiat - sleaze are still there despite so many attempts to clean it up.

For Viridian, I am suspicious of the developer (quality) and how they size and layout the units. Given the profile of area and the unit type configuration, I will not be surprise if most of the units will be up for rental (to 'workers') after TOP.

If you are buying for investment, both are ok i guess. If you are looking to stay eventually, 8 RS is the lesser of two evils.

Seems there are no balastier supporters except me......:doh:

clemdale24
12-12-13, 22:44
Seems there are no balastier supporters except me......:doh:

geographically balestier is quite a good location, no doubt abt that. but with the sleaze, lack of an mrt (and future plans for an mrt), crazy traffic etc, its probably not a good place for own stay.

on the flip side, boonkeng is more of a city fringe heartland area. the convenience of an mrt, 3 stops to dhoby ghaut, hdb town centre, good fringe location similar to balestier, accessible to/by expressways, good connection by buses, and better traffic than balestier, makes it overall more appealing. it also lies on the fringe of the new bidadari region. should prices there rise, no doubt boonkeng will rise too, being closer to the city.

clemdale24
20-12-13, 15:22
have u made ur decision?

trixie
28-12-13, 16:57
have u made ur decision?

I decided to drop both and wait for new ones.. Haha