PDA

View Full Version : PAP adopts 8-point resolution to build better nation for all

princess_morbucks
08-12-13, 12:42
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pap-adopts-8-point/914398.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SINGAPORE: Singapore's ruling People's Action Party (PAP) adopted an eight-point resolution at its party Convention on Sunday to build a better Singapore for all.
With the theme, "Our New Way Forward, A Call to Action", the resolution emphasises that it will govern the country with integrity and never tolerate corruption.
Under the resolution, party members will dedicate themselves to serving the nation and advancing the well-being and interests of Singaporeans.
The party also resolved to strengthen the Singaporean identity, where people of different races, religions and backgrounds live harmoniously together for a better Singapore.
It also resolved to create opportunities for all Singaporeans to build a better life.
For this, PAP called for sustaining a vibrant economy, enabling quality jobs and improving living standards for all.
The party also resolved to uphold an open and meritocratic system, so that everyone has opportunities to fulfil his or her potential.

It will also strive to preserve social mobility so that all Singaporeans, regardless of social backgrounds, can achieve success in diverse fields through their efforts.

Next on its agenda is to build a fair and just society, where the benefits of progress are shared with all Singaporeans.

In this regard, PAP supports a progressive system of benefits and taxes to enable quality education, good housing and affordable healthcare for all.

It will also honour the seniors, and help them stay active and achieve greater security.

The PAP also resolved to be a responsive and responsible government -- responsive to tackle immediate challenges, and responsible to look beyond the immediate and create long term, sustained success for Singapore.

The last time a resolution was adopted was in 1988 at the party's first Convention, when an eight-point Agenda for Action was revealed.

Lovelle
08-12-13, 21:07
does it says we have swiss living?

Allthepies
08-12-13, 21:36
I'm happy with my life style....

Good that the government going to make me even happier

proud owner
08-12-13, 21:41
does it says we have swiss living?

I prefer swiss weather

minority