PDA

View Full Version : New app turns your smartphone into a top up machine for Ez-Link cards

princess_morbucks
05-12-13, 11:29
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/new-app-turns-your-smartphone-top-machine-ez-link-cards-20131205

Land Transport Authority-owned EZ-Link has launched an app that turns your smartphone into a mobile machine that tops up the value of your ezlink card.

Touted to be the world's first, the My EZ-Link Mobile app automates payment by charging to a user-designated MasterCard debit or credit card. Users must first enter personal and payment details into the app before they can tap their Ez-Link card on the smartphone to top up.

The app works only on smartphones that are near field communications (NFC) enabled. NFC is a wireless transmission technology that allows mobile payment.

With this, commuters need not visit ATMs or Ez-Link machines anymore. The smartphone payment option adds to existing fuss-free Giro and automatic stored-value reload options tied to the POSB ATM card and most credit cards.

zeamybro
05-12-13, 20:45
Thumbs up for this apps ! I just topped up my ezlink card using my note3. Can even trace my ezlink transaction history. Really impressed and amazed with how far technology can go....

princess_morbucks
05-12-13, 20:57
Thumbs up for this apps ! I just topped up my ezlink card using my note3. Can even trace my ezlink transaction history. Really impressed and amazed with how far technology can go....

Yes zeamybro, I just did that too!
However I am a little disappointed that student concession pass cannot be topped up this way, just as it cannot be topped up using the ATM.

Just a little reminder : remember to disable the NFC after use.

To iphone users: I don't think your phone can perform this function as there is no NFC on the iphone.