PDA

View Full Version : phuket property investment

Patrickstar
04-12-13, 15:42
Dear forumers,

Anyone thought of investing in phuket villas/condos or have already invested and care to share?

condoinvestor
04-12-13, 22:08
Dear forumers,

Anyone thought of investing in phuket villas/condos or have already invested and care to share?

What would you like to know?

Better to buy something that is ready, or from a reputed developer or one with a track record for off plan. Also very important to get the paperwork done by a good lawyer.

I would advise to buy villa iso apartments. Max lease on the land is 30 yrs, but most developers allow 2-3extensions, so total 90/120 yrs. on the lease agreement must add following clause 1. Should thai law change and allow foreigners to own land directly in their name, the property will be re- registered under lessee's name, and 2. Should land and property be sold to a thai national, it will be on freehold basis. The lawyer will assist in exact wordings, but its good to have those clauses.

Patrickstar
04-12-13, 22:20
Thanks. I did read about the extensions. Only way to own fh land is thru company, but I gather thai shareholders may gv problem. There are also many different titles which makes their system complicated. Chanote title is most preferable. Do you know if titles for villa are mainly chanote titles?

What would you like to know?

Better to buy something that is ready, or from a reputed developer or one with a track record for off plan. Also very important to get the paperwork done by a good lawyer.

I would advise to buy villa iso apartments. Max lease on the land is 30 yrs, but most developers allow 2-3extensions, so total 90/120 yrs. on the lease agreement must add following clause 1. Should thai law change and allow foreigners to own land directly in their name, the property will be re- registered under lessee's name, and 2. Should land and property be sold to a thai national, it will be on freehold basis. The lawyer will assist in exact wordings, but its good to have those clauses.

condoinvestor
05-12-13, 08:00
Thanks. I did read about the extensions. Only way to own fh land is thru company, but I gather thai shareholders may gv problem. There are also many different titles which makes their system complicated. Chanote title is most preferable. Do you know if titles for villa are mainly chanote titles?

No. That is why it's best to do a land and title search and get some trustworthy legal advise. Pay a little more, but at least you know all is in order.

Let me know if you need a good and reasonably priced lawyer.

Patrickstar
05-12-13, 22:19
You referring to sg law firm dealing with thai property or thai law firm? I was thinking of using a sg law firm if any. Please pm me the contact. Thanks

No. That is why it's best to do a land and title search and get some trustworthy legal advise. Pay a little more, but at least you know all is in order.

Let me know if you need a good and reasonably priced lawyer.