PDA

View Full Version : 8 mil population by 2030!?!

玉格格
01-12-13, 09:38
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/8m-population-2030

if say by the next couple of yrs we clear our housing supply backlogs, improve our transportation infrastructures, do u tink we will be faced wif higher den originally planned population target? :scared-4: :scared-1:

auroraborealis
01-12-13, 10:19
If anyone see the EIU estimates of when 6.9 will b achieve, I think you will b more shock

if say by the next couple of yrs we clear our housing supply backlogs, improve our transportation infrastructures, do u tink we will be faced wif higher den originally planned population target? :scared-4: :scared-1:

minority
01-12-13, 10:20

capacity planning mah. don't mean have to if 6.9 can keep the replacement rate level and economy going.

like u buy a car u don't buy 1 that can only run at 90Km right? u see a 180Km in ur car odometer don't mean u will drive at 180km .

From a planner perspective always must have some spare leg room.

DC33_2008
01-12-13, 10:28
Garment has a grave mistake on the mrt train system planning with platform that does not cater for future growth in population. They will not want to make a mistake again. :)
capacity planning mah. don't mean have to if 6.9 can keep the replacement rate level and economy going.

like u buy a car u don't buy 1 that can only run at 90Km right? u see a 180Km in ur car odometer don't mean u will drive at 180km .

indomie
01-12-13, 11:18
As SGD appreciated against regional and trade partners currencies, sg population will also have to be increase.

玉格格
01-12-13, 12:07
As SGD appreciated against regional and trade partners currencies, sg population will also have to be increase.

but the circumference of our boundary did not increase leh :47:
lol ... Will we be expected to live in undergrounds bo?

star
01-12-13, 12:12

Underground will be for the rich. It is very expensive to live underground. Need to on aircon 24hrs or ventilation fans and lightings. To dig that deep is more expensive also. To build underground paths, roads also not cheap.

玉格格
01-12-13, 12:16

u cannot underestimate the possibility leh.
say u target to buy a car, but due to budget constraints, u can oni go for jap cars. If later u realise u manage to save more den req'd, high chance u will go for better ones, esp if gd cars is wat u r eyeing for in the 1st place.

玉格格
01-12-13, 12:26
Underground will be for the rich. It is very expensive to live underground. Need to on aircon 24hrs or ventilation fans and lightings. To dig that deep is more expensive also. To build underground paths, roads also not cheap.

how abt they relocate most offices, banks underground? liddat will free up lotsa space sia. All these switch on aircon 24h anyway.
liddat perhaps 10mil oso accomodatable! :scared-2:
spore will became a small bkk!

star
01-12-13, 12:31
how abt they relocate most offices, banks underground? liddat will free up lotsa space sia. All these switch on aircon 24h anyway.
liddat perhaps 10mil oso accomodatable! :scared-2:
spore will became a small bkk!

Yes most likely for business, office buildings not for residentials.

Ringo33
01-12-13, 12:34

Are you not aware that there are major land reclamation at Tuas Jurong Island and Tekong?

玉格格
01-12-13, 12:37
If anyone see the EIU estimates of when 6.9 will b achieve, I think you will b more shock

honestly I dun tink we nid 17 more yrs to see 6.9 mil.
govt is merely stalling for time to get the housing up.

smartboy2
01-12-13, 13:20

agree..

as spoken by...."don't worry, the supply is coming...................":eek:

minority
01-12-13, 15:00

Well unless there are innovation in the next 10yrs where we can find ways to stall the people from aging or stop people from aging.

If not better quick quick reproduce like rabbits.

richwang
01-12-13, 15:25
Botanic Gardens (the backyard for someone) will be expanded ...
Orchid Country Club will disappear to host 100K people there?

Different places in Singapore will soon be worlds apart !

The plenty of leg spaces for tax collectors, and the over crowding for tax payers.

richwang
01-12-13, 15:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdQzBKMZjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXfjxJ4Qbs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbWDc8VsIi4

We should have built multi-storey roads long time ago to efficiently use the road space.

minority
01-12-13, 16:08
Botanic Gardens (the backyard for someone) will be expanded ...
Orchid Country Club will disappear to host 100K people there?

Different places in Singapore will soon be worlds apart !

The plenty of leg spaces for tax collectors, and the over crowding for tax payers.

LOL wats OCC? who goes there leh… and its a golf course for golfers not everyone can access too all the greenery. make it a park or car park better.

Botanic gardens open to everyone leh. no need membership no need to be playing golf no need NTUC member etc. just walk in can run ard the greenery..

OCC should go. build a community building i.e school, park, medical center etc also better. even a car park also better then a golf course.

玉格格
01-12-13, 20:01
Well unless there are innovation in the next 10yrs where we can find ways to stall the people from aging or stop people from aging.

If not better quick quick reproduce like rabbits.

dun really nid innovation. there r now plenty of ppl dying to be sporeans. wat they nid to do is to turn on the tap n up the quota.
ramp up the housing supply is to shut ppl's mouth n control the rising $.

wt_know
01-12-13, 20:21
in order to grow ... there are only a few ways

1. go further - already doing what we can ... invest in china, europe, etc buy whatever out there

2. go bigger - 3M > 5M > 6M > 8M

go far and go big is the ANSWER to huat ah !!!

hearsay, stay small is not an option to continue to survive in this dog-eat-dog world

玉格格
01-12-13, 20:25
in order to grow ... there are only a few ways

1. go further - already doing what we can ... invest in china, europe, etc buy whatever out there

2. go bigger - 3M > 5M > 6M > 8M

go far and go big is the ANSWER to huat ah !!!

hearsay, stay small is not an option to continue to survive in this dog-eat-dog world

they oni hv 1 main CSF --> increase gdp :D

minority
01-12-13, 21:21
dun really nid innovation. there r now plenty of ppl dying to be sporeans. wat they nid to do is to turn on the tap n up the quota.
ramp up the housing supply is to shut ppl's mouth n control the rising $.

well then local bay song mah. don't feel special anymore. pple like to feel special. need TLC.

玉格格
01-12-13, 22:03
well then local bay song mah. don't feel special anymore. pple like to feel special. need TLC.

den got 2 way out for the locals:- either u r rich enuff to migrate or contd to kpkb in sg :D

minority
01-12-13, 22:29
den got 2 way out for the locals:- either u r rich enuff to migrate or contd to kpkb in sg :D

If rich enough no need to migrate wat? coz with $$$ can create a bubble world. can surround urself with what every scenario u like. why be force to migrate if rich!

I will create my own little wonder world man! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

If singapore economy die be coze people cannot see far with $$$ I can still live here just move the investment to overseas where the growth are still chucking along.

Actually with that the $$$ earn overseas and bring back in Singapore suddenly become bigger!!! HUAT AH!

玉格格
01-12-13, 22:39
If rich enough no need to migrate wat? coz with $$$ can create a bubble world. can surround urself with what every scenario u like. why be force to migrate if rich!

I will create my own little wonder world man! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

If singapore economy die be coze people cannot see far with $$$ I can still live here just move the investment to overseas where the growth are still chucking along.

Actually with that the $$$ earn overseas and bring back in Singapore suddenly become bigger!!! HUAT AH!

many migrated becos they can retire better in oth countries, felt restrained here.

minority
01-12-13, 22:41
many migrated becos they can retire better in oth countries, felt restrained here.

If I rich I won't feel restrain liao. LET IT RIPP!!!!! CHEONG AH!

Many migrate is becoz they cannot hack it here. thats why. Those can 1 will stay here but go globe trotting but come back to home base to rest.!

There is nothing like HOME than be a 2nd class Citizen else where.

玉格格
02-12-13, 08:26
If I rich I won't feel restrain liao. LET IT RIPP!!!!! CHEONG AH!

Many migrate is becoz they cannot hack it here. thats why. Those can 1 will stay here but go globe trotting but come back to home base to rest.!

There is nothing like HOME than be a 2nd class Citizen else where.

lol ... as if singaporean dun feel like a minority here ...