PDA

View Full Version : PASSIVE INCOME TO RETIRE

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 15:22
How much do you need?

Banker can afford to retire by 44 years old (http://business.asiaone.com/news/personal-finance/banker-41-can-afford-retire-next-three-years)

The diversified investment portfolio that Anita Yadav has compiled will allow her to retire before she turns 50. Instead of planning to retire at a certain pre-determined age, Ms Yadav, told herself that she would do so when she earns about $250,000 a year on passive income on investments. -ST:D

玉格格
27-11-13, 15:24
can retire by 44yo very big deal meh? :47: if I dun wanna buy ppty I oso can retire anytime, n Im not even rich :47:

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 15:27
Anyone can retire at anytime. The question is what kind of quality of life after retirement. Does one have cut back on spending when one retires or continue to spend as before retirement? :p
can retire by 44yo very big deal meh? :47: if I dun wanna buy ppty I oso can retire anytime, n Im not even rich :47:

玉格格
27-11-13, 15:29
Anyone can retire at anytime. The question is what kind of quality of life after retirement. Does one have cut back on spending when one retires or continue to spend as before retirement? :p

no wor, I intend to spend more after I retire cos I scare I mati b4 finish spending my $ haha :D

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 16:16
You are so good. I have a family to look after.
no wor, I intend to spend more after I retire cos I scare I mati b4 finish spending my $ haha :D

chestnut
27-11-13, 16:20
bro DC... 250K/annum on 8% return = 3.125 Mil Investable amount...

Wa Lau... So dificult to get 8% leh... unless leverage.... hahahahahahahaha

catsick
27-11-13, 16:21
I went into semi retirement at 40 , as long as you can live on less than 4% of your net assets and can manage your money well you should be fine

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 16:29
Why $3.125mil? So got to have 6.25mil of investable amount to achieve passive income of 250k. She is probably trying to replace his active income with passive income. :D
bro DC... 250K/annum on 8% return = 3.125 Mil Investable amount...

Wa Lau... So dificult to get 8% leh... unless leverage.... hahahahahahahaha

Reisor
27-11-13, 16:33
I went into semi retirement at 40 , as long as you can live on less than 4% of your net assets and can manage your money well you should be fine

Thank you for sharing semi-retirement age. You must have accumulated enough reserves or recurring income to make that decision.
Care to share your formula of success & challenges that come after?

chestnut
27-11-13, 16:34
Why $3.125mil? So got to have 6.25mil of investable amount to achieve passive income of 250k. She is probably trying to replace his active income with passive income. :D

Oops... read wrongly....

It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/personal-finance/banker-41-can-afford-retire-next-three-years/page/0/1#sthash.d4WdaVK0.dpuf
It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years. God is merciful and we seem to be on track to achieve this. However, my lifestyle needs keep changing.

to get 250k per annum assume 4% = 6.25mil...

About rite... but rental yield now not so great leh... the rental yield cannot catch up with capital gains... hahahahaha
It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/personal-finance/banker-41-can-afford-retire-next-three-years/page/0/1#sthash.az7KNsbE.dpuf
It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/personal-finance/banker-41-can-afford-retire-next-three-years/page/0/1#sthash.az7KNsbE.dpuf
It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/personal-finance/banker-41-can-afford-retire-next-three-years/page/0/1#sthash.d4WdaVK0.dpuf

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 16:39
Yup. On target with the right projectile too. :p
Oops... read wrongly....

It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years. God is merciful and we seem to be on track to achieve this. However, my lifestyle needs keep changing.

to get 250k per annum assume 4% = 6.25mil...

About rite... but rental yield now not so great leh... the rental yield cannot catch up with capital gains... hahahahaha

chestnut
27-11-13, 16:53
Yup. On target with the right projectile too. :p

So you on target??? great....

For my props... I find the big units rental rate not so good leh... I getting a pathetic nett yield of <3% only leh.... :doh::doh: after minus expense....

But capital gain climb steady poon pee pee... I now considering selling 1 of the big units... Take the > 2mil and invest somewhere else at least can get 80K nett without tax somemore:ashamed1::ashamed1:

cracking my head... hahahahahahaha must encash along the way.... hahahah

I also on target leh... Next year bro.... hahahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4:

玉格格
27-11-13, 16:56

For my props... I find the big units rental rate not so good leh... I getting a pathetic nett yield of <3% only leh.... :doh::doh: after minus expense....

But capital gain climb steady poon pee pee... I now considering selling 1 of the big units... Take the > 2mil and invest somewhere else at least can get 80K nett without tax somemore:ashamed1::ashamed1:

next yr is a gd time to sell meh?
or becos u alrdy made a big capital gain so u dun mind?
where do u intend to invest yr 2 mil?

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 17:01
Great!:cheers1: Capital gain is good for me too. My investment properties are usually 2-bedder which can still secure 3-4% nett return. Good to diversify given so many CMs and so many other opportunities. Will keep some for my children. :p

Simi
27-11-13, 17:04
next yr is a gd time to sell meh?
or becos u alrdy made a big capital gain so u dun mind?
where do u intend to invest yr 2 mil?

Bro chestnut is targeting next year to retire la :D

玉格格
27-11-13, 17:05

tat means high probably he will be 50yo next yr :D

kellogs
27-11-13, 17:26
what is a comfortable net worth to retire?

SGD 10mio net net in cash and paid up properties?

richwang
27-11-13, 17:27
The biggest problem of passive income is that life is so boring ...

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:28
tat means high probably he will be 50yo next yr :D

Nope.... Still below 50... Hahahahahaha:D:D:D:D

Must enjoying life... Not that I am not enjoying... Hahahahaha

The ROI on the big units are just not worth it anymore... and I have a few of those... hahahahahaha..... So just let go 1 lor... encash and make better use of the monies... hahahahhaha

Please dont ask me where I intend to invest leh... I damn blur like sotong leh...

kellogs
27-11-13, 17:29
The biggest problem of passive income is that life is so boring ...

For me I would spend my time in gym, cooking and hanging out with my family :)

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:29

Yes bro... All set liao.... less than a year to go... hahahaha

Enough of work stress... hahahahaha

richwang
27-11-13, 17:31
If the other people in the same age group are still actively working, you will find it so difficult to meet friends. And the circle starts to shrink ...
Of course we can come here to make new "friends" - I still prefer physical lunches to virtual chats.

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:31
what is a comfortable net worth to retire?

SGD 10mio net net in cash and paid up properties?

Brudder, 10 mio net net cash@ 4% = 400K leh... = 33k a month to spend... shiok man.... if got paid up properties, lagi best.... I not there... hahahahaha maybe DC is there.. hahahahaha

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:34
If the other people in the same age group are still actively working, you will find it so difficult to meet friends. And the circle starts to shrink ...
Of course we can come here to make new "friends" - I still prefer physical lunches to virtual chats.

Bro, still can go for golf holidays leh.... Still can play golf in Singapore wat...

But really, it is all about preference lar... not many can enjoy retiring... But to have a choice is nice (at least for me).... If really cannot tahan, go back to work force lar... I really dont know if I can tahan but at least my other half will be joining me, so got company... hahahahaha

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:38
For me I would spend my time in gym, cooking and hanging out with my family :)

Yup... must include jacuzzi, weekly massage (pampering) and tours.... Then if body can take it... every year include 1 long haul trip to places we have not been to... So many man...:cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
27-11-13, 17:40
paiseh, this topic got me talking too much...:ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1:

enough liao... I keep quiet liao... Cheers to all and a Early Merry Christmas....:D:D:D

kellogs
27-11-13, 17:40
Yup... must include jacuzzi, weekly massage (pampering) and tours.... Then if body can take it... every year include 1 long haul trip to places we have not been to... So many man...:cheers4::cheers4:

Yea every June period go North America to enjoy their summer and fresh oyster!

My fav is thai massage and there is a very good one at geylang (clean joint)

Must work toward the goal of 10mio net net cash + 3 or 4 paid up properties!!!

Huat Ah!!! :p

DuaNehNehChioBu
27-11-13, 17:49

Spent more time ? QUESTION is WHERE ?

Geylang ? Desker ? Changi Village ? Batam ?

LOL :D

Our hypocrite 玉格格 LOVES talking SHIT RUBBISH all the way from day 1 join condosingapore :cool:

玉格格
27-11-13, 18:36
Nope.... Still below 50... Hahahahahaha:D:D:D:D

Must enjoying life... Not that I am not enjoying... Hahahahaha

The ROI on the big units are just not worth it anymore... and I have a few of those... hahahahahaha..... So just let go 1 lor... encash and make better use of the monies... hahahahhaha

Please dont ask me where I intend to invest leh... I damn blur like sotong leh...

wah so young arh? now I scare I might be older den u liao! :scared-4:
but bro chestnut, u alrdy so assets rich, yr family plus yr future grandchildren oso cannot finish spending yr fortune. can retire le lah ...

spend yr time doing something u enjoy, pursue yr childhood hobbies tat u neglected becos of busy earning $ :)

DC33_2008
27-11-13, 19:51
I am not there yet. I would have retired if achieve it. U inspire me to reach my goal.
Brudder, 10 mio net net cash@ 4% = 400:pK leh... = 33k a month to spend... shiok man.... if got paid up properties, lagi best.... I not there... hahahahaha maybe DC is there.. hahahahaha

Patrickstar
27-11-13, 23:06
I know of people living in hdb with less than $300k retiring. All about lifestyle and expectations.

radha08
28-11-13, 06:17
I know of people living in hdb with less than $300k retiring. All about lifestyle and expectations.

everyday wear singlet and boxer shorts sit void deck lim kopi read paper...stare at china mei mei:47:..tahts the life:D

fiat500
28-11-13, 06:57

Hopefully u don't fall sick... :scared-1:

Wunderkind
28-11-13, 08:10
It will be nice to be able to do the things that we have always wanted to do but is unable to because of our job.
Retirement offers the opportunity . Some may want to develop or hone in some skills eg music , dancing , cooking , further study , arts , photography. Others may want to attempt some new adventure eg marathon run , diving ,snowboarding , charity works in undeveloped countries , etc. life can still be fun at retirement .