PDA

View Full Version : KL to summon Singapore envoy for clarification on spying allegations

princess_morbucks
26-11-13, 08:32
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/kl-summon-singapore-envoy-clarification-spying-allegations-20131126

Malaysia will summon Singapore's High Commissioner, Mr Ong Keng Yong, today to seek a clarification over reports that allege Singapore is involved in spying activities against Malaysia.

In a statement issued late last night, Malaysia's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, said the country was investigating the matter.

"The Malaysian authorities have taken appropriate actions with regard to earlier allegations of spying by the United States and Australia. The Malaysian authorities are now investigating thoroughly the latest media report about the involvement of other countries, in particular Singapore, in the spying activities against Malaysia," the press statement said.

The statement comes after Australian newspapers claimed that secret documents leaked by former US intelligence contractor turned whistle-blower Edward Snowden had shown that Singapore and South Korea were helping the US and Australia tap undersea telecommunications links in Asia. These articles were picked up by the Malaysian press.

fiat500
26-11-13, 14:31
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/kl-summon-singapore-envoy-clarification-spying-allegations-20131126

Malaysia will summon Singapore's High Commissioner, Mr Ong Keng Yong, today to seek a clarification over reports that allege Singapore is involved in spying activities against Malaysia.

In a statement issued late last night, Malaysia's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, said the country was investigating the matter.

"The Malaysian authorities have taken appropriate actions with regard to earlier allegations of spying by the United States and Australia. The Malaysian authorities are now investigating thoroughly the latest media report about the involvement of other countries, in particular Singapore, in the spying activities against Malaysia," the press statement said.

The statement comes after Australian newspapers claimed that secret documents leaked by former US intelligence contractor turned whistle-blower Edward Snowden had shown that Singapore and South Korea were helping the US and Australia tap undersea telecommunications links in Asia. These articles were picked up by the Malaysian press.

What's new in all these spying activities?
Every other country spy on one another what! So what's the big deal? :scared-1:

auroraborealis
26-11-13, 14:41
Yah loh... Don't say country level
Some employers also spy on their staff; phone, internet, PC usage & even smartphone 3G networks

Welcome to the modern world

hopeful
26-11-13, 14:58

hmmmm, if country can spy on country, why are peeping toms arrested?

minority
26-11-13, 15:24
hmmmm, if country can spy on country, why are peeping toms arrested?

lol u mean cannot tell the diff between peeping tom and goe politics spying?

Then like that say Animal rights activist group should not allow anyone to sell chicken, pork, beef and fish rice or soup liao.

onglai
26-11-13, 15:31

actually everyone oso do it but no one say ma... now since the news leak out leow... at least must action action abit.... if not no face leh....

but dont be too kuai lan hor... today leak about sg... tomorrow may leak about malaysia.......

hopeful
26-11-13, 15:52
lol u mean cannot tell the diff between peeping tom and goe politics spying?

Then like that say Animal rights activist group should not allow anyone to sell chicken, pork, beef and fish rice or soup liao.

what is the difference between peeping tom and geo politics spying?

peeping toms kena arrested if peeped at other people.
companies kena fined if steal other companies data.
countries ok if steal other countries data?

is this why MND is delaying the move? it is sweeping for bugs. the building is owned by lendlease, an australian company. allies do spy on allies afterall.

minority
26-11-13, 17:10
what is the difference between peeping tom and geo politics spying?

peeping toms kena arrested if peeped at other people.
companies kena fined if steal other companies data.
countries ok if steal other countries data?

is this why MND is delaying the move? it is sweeping for bugs. the building is owned by lendlease, an australian company. allies do spy on allies afterall.

If u cannot tell the diff between Peeping Tom and political Sniffing then something wrong with ur social concept.

Who is Peeping Tom helping? his little brother? so he can wank off? or the peepee so peepee feel better?

Political Spying has been ard for ages. its to know what ur neighbor intent so u can better prepare urself. its in the good intent of the country itself. not wanking.

hopeful
27-11-13, 09:45
is there a difference between peeping tom and country spying?

well, peeping tom are arrested if caught because the overseer, the country says so.
companies are fined if caught stealing secrets from another companies because the overseer, the country says so.
for the case of countries, there is no overseer, there is no supra-national organisation that will fine a country if a country is caught spying on another country.

that is the difference, peeping tom have overseer, company have overseer ,country have no overseer.

if its is ok for people here for government to spy on its own citizen, to collect data and meta-data on its own citizen, then why do we care whether our votes are secret or not?

玉格格
27-11-13, 09:52
then why do we care whether our votes are secret or not?

u r very naïve if u feel tat spore voting system is secretive.

hopeful
27-11-13, 10:01
u r very naïve if u feel tat spore voting system is secretive.

why do you say our votes are not a secret?

玉格格
27-11-13, 10:15
why do you say our votes are not a secret?

our voting slips r serialised. if u wanna trace, it is still possible. but who cares whether they go n trace onot? at least I dun care.

minority
27-11-13, 10:25
Frankly for all we know its Australia trying to play games to divert attention to other countries since they are caught red handed spying on indo. So leak news out in their own media that singapore and korea are involved.

玉格格
27-11-13, 10:33
Frankly for all we know its Australia trying to play games to divert attention to other countries since they are caught red handed spying on indo. So leak news out in their own media that singapore and korea are involved.

actually wat's the big hoo-ha on spying?
soon, ppl will realise tat everyone is spying on everyone lol ....

hopeful
27-11-13, 10:41
our voting slips r serialised. if u wanna trace, it is still possible. but who cares whether they go n trace onot? at least I dun care.

http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_ballotsecrecy.html
"Theoretically, it is possible for anyone with access to the ballot papers to identify who cast a particular vote. The link between the ballot paper number and the electoral register through the counterfoil does facilitate tracing from a ballot paper to a voter's identity on the register. However, ballot papers can be examined only under strict conditions, and there are safeguards that make it extremely difficult to find out how any particular voter voted...... "

definitely no need to worry if vote for PAP.

from what i gather there, people dont mind if singapore is spying on another countries?
does people mind if the state spy on its own citizen? like activating webcam on your laptop to see what you are doing at home. activating your phone mic to hear what is the conversation. recording all phone conversations.

how about this? companies spying on end users ok? does anybody mind?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2066400/lg-smart-tvs-share-data-about-users-files-and-viewing-habits-with-the-company.html

and some smart tv have cameras, instead of you watching, now tv watching you instead. welcome to 1984.

玉格格
27-11-13, 10:55
"Theoretically, it is possible for anyone with access to the ballot papers to identify who cast a particular vote. The link between the ballot paper number and the electoral register through the counterfoil does facilitate tracing from a ballot paper to a voter's identity on the register. However, ballot papers can be examined only under strict conditions, and there are safeguards that make it extremely difficult to find out how any particular voter voted...... "

definitely no need to worry if vote for PAP.

at the end of the day, who do u tink has the authority to examine/analyse the ballot papers?

if ballot papers r not being studied, Im really puzzled as to y there is a means for teritorites to be reclassified yr after yr?

u seems to suggest to me tat one will nid to worry if he votes for the opposition :47:
wat shd they be worried abt?
even if it is in the case of civil servants, there is nothing to worry.

does people mind if the state spy on its own citizen? like activating webcam on your laptop to see what you are doing at home. activating your phone mic to hear what is the conversation. recording all phone conversations.

lol ... so u r fearful tat they will be interested to spy wat u did in the bedroom? :p

how about this? companies spying on end users ok? does anybody mind?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2066400/lg-smart-tvs-share-data-about-users-files-and-viewing-habits-with-the-company.html

u hv to be fair to the companies. employees r not supposed to use coy's resources to do personal stuffs in the 1st place, cos tat amounts to stealing.

hence, though spying infringes one's privacy, the end users shd not be using coy's resources to do something if it is really tat confidential.

hopeful
27-11-13, 11:27
at the end of the day, who do u tink has the authority to examine/analyse the ballot papers?

if ballot papers r not being studied, Im really puzzled as to y there is a means for teritorites to be reclassified yr after yr?

according to them, they can identify up to each precint level 10-20 blocks. so rezone based on precint.

u seems to suggest to me tat one will nid to worry if he votes for the opposition :47:
wat shd they be worried abt?
even if it is in the case of civil servants, there is nothing to worry.

lol ... so u r fearful tat they will be interested to spy wat u did in the bedroom? :p

for blackmailing purposes.
yup, i taped up my webcam :)
but you havent answered the question, is it ok if govt spy on people's bedrooms? recording our every activities?

u hv to be fair to the companies. employees r not supposed to use coy's resources to do personal stuffs in the 1st place, cos tat amounts to stealing.

hence, though spying infringes one's privacy, the end users shd not be using coy's resources to do something if it is really tat confidential.

i think you misunderstand the article.

玉格格
27-11-13, 11:48
according to them, they can identify up to each precint level 10-20 blocks. so rezone based on precint.

so how do they go abt identifying? even if it is per cluster of blocks, still will hv a method to do so rite?

but you havent answered the question, is it ok if govt spy on people's bedrooms? recording our every activities?

wat do u mean by ok?

let me ask u a qn.
issit ok for parents to screen thr their child's phone/message log history?

issit if the child said it is not ok, parents will not do it?
if u say is ok, r u telling me becos one is being a parent, he do not nid to respect his child's privacy?

honestly I dunno how to answer yr qn.

i think you misunderstand the article.

my apologies, I din read the article. Im merely responding to yr comment "companies spying on end users ok?"

hopeful
27-11-13, 12:24
so how do they go abt identifying? even if it is per cluster of blocks, still will hv a method to do so rite?

each polling station presents 1 precint (10-20 blocks). so after counting, they will know whether the precint is pro or anti pap.

wat do u mean by ok?

let me ask u a qn.

if u say is ok, r u telling me becos one is being a parent, he do not nid to respect his child's privacy?

interesting question.
is the parent-child relationship the same as state-citizen relationship?
is the parent-child relationship still holds whether the child is 10yo or 40yo?

just imagine what will be your initial reaction if you find out that govt is watching you via the webcam?
would anybody's initial reaction is they feel happy that govt is beefing up on security, making sure no terrorist in singapore? by spying on good citizens in the bedroom, they are also spying on terrorist in their bedroom.

at the other side of the webcam is a state-sanctioned human watching people having sex in their bedrooms.

minority
27-11-13, 12:29
actually wat's the big hoo-ha on spying?
soon, ppl will realise tat everyone is spying on everyone lol ....

Its a distraction for Australia lah. like Malaysia when have problem internally they will leak some news and pick a fight with Singapore as distraction.

minority
27-11-13, 12:32

wat do u mean by ok?

let me ask u a qn.

my apologies, I din read the article. Im merely responding to yr comment "companies spying on end users ok?"

no need to spy lah. people openly share everything on Facebook and twitter etc. just read can know liao. thats not spying wat. content contributed at own free will.

玉格格
27-11-13, 12:35
no need to spy lah. people openly share everything on Facebook and twitter etc. just read can know liao. thats not spying wat. content contributed at own free will.

so the moral behind the story is, if u r scared, dun share.

minority
27-11-13, 12:44
is there a difference between peeping tom and country spying?

well, peeping tom are arrested if caught because the overseer, the country says so.
companies are fined if caught stealing secrets from another companies because the overseer, the country says so.
for the case of countries, there is no overseer, there is no supra-national organisation that will fine a country if a country is caught spying on another country.

that is the difference, peeping tom have overseer, company have overseer ,country have no overseer.

if its is ok for people here for government to spy on its own citizen, to collect data and meta-data on its own citizen, then why do we care whether our votes are secret or not?

huh? ur anallogy is broken.

One is for the good of preserving the country people against malicious intent of another country. the other like peeping tom is a malicious intent which help on one.

So u are saying u cannot tell the different between a Rapist and a consenting partner? Coz it Act is the same what.

anyway listening to neighbors is a age old practice. I am sure everyone listen to everyone. Wats the big deal.

玉格格
27-11-13, 13:05
each polling station presents 1 precint (10-20 blocks). so after counting, they will know whether the precint is pro or anti pap.

tis justification is very weak cos not necc the full 10-20 blocks will be reclassified tgt into another constituency.

is the parent-child relationship the same as state-citizen relationship?

the moral at the end of the day is the same.
many times, the issue is not a qn of whether certain thing shd be done or not; rather it is a qn of whether one hv the authority to do so onot.
eg. boss can be late for work but not employees :banghead:

is the parent-child relationship still holds whether the child is 10yo or 40yo?

y not? wat r u trying to tell me in tis qn?
so it is wrong for a 10yo to steal but if the child reaches 40yo, it is ok to steal?

just imagine what will be your initial reaction if you find out that govt is watching you via the webcam?.....

my initial reaction & last reaction is the same one la! hahaha …
I dun like ppl to do hanky panky stuffs behind my back. if they wanna film me & there is no way I can refuse, I will big big square square let them film, but they hv the basic courtesy to inform me.

would anybody's initial reaction is they feel happy that govt is beefing up on security, making sure no terrorist in singapore? by spying on good citizens in the bedroom, they are also spying on terrorist in their bedroom.

at the other side of the webcam is a state-sanctioned human watching people having sex in their bedrooms.

I do agree wif u on the blackmailing part. but hv u wondered if one did not steal eat outside, he has the means of being caught?
tell me whether spyer will be interested to film bed scenes of the target person wif his spouse :47:

juz like in a typical office, u will surely heard tat xxx is a tale bearer. but the qn is, if u hv not done anything wrong, ppl got a chance to criticise/shoot u meh?

how come u nvr answer my qn on, if a person vote for the opposition, he will nid to be afraid? :47: