2) Samsung
3) I-phone

Thanks.

leesg123
24-11-13, 10:46
Samsung.......

richwang
24-11-13, 11:03
https://www.singtelshop.com/mobile/phone-details.jsf?brandId=018&modelId=XPERIA_V#plans (https://www.singtelshop.com/mobile/phone-details.jsf?brandId=102&modelId=E3309_POSTPAID#plans)

SONY Xperia V BLACK
SingTel Super Lite Plan with S$48 cost for the phone
(S$30 monthly charge with 100MB data plan)

princess_morbucks
24-11-13, 15:18
Sis, I recommend in the following order of preference :

1. Samsung
2. Sony (btw now no more Sony Ericsson leh...become Sony)
3. Other android
4. Iphone

lifeline
24-11-13, 15:24
And for Samsung I recommend the faster and bigger screen note 2 or note 3.

zeamybro
24-11-13, 15:31
I was using iphone before I change to samsung s4, didn't like it so i change to note3. I prefer iphone still...

Singleton
24-11-13, 16:48
I was using iphone before I change to samsung s4, didn't like it so i change to note3. I prefer iphone still...

Any aspect of iphone that is overwhelmingly better than Samsung?

For normal usage (sms, net etc) not very much diff except easier to google with Samsung.

irisng
24-11-13, 19:55

I'm still using IPhone3 now, :ashamed1:, thought of changing to Smartphone but don't know which one better. My auditor and my daughter said they prefers Iphone5 because it is user friendly. My colleague said she prefers Samsung because she can download HK movies. My husband also prefers Samsung because he said he can transfer files from the computer to his Samsung handphone easily. Some said buy Samsung because the wording is bigger while others said Iphone has lots of restrictions, a lot of app cannot be downloaded, it needs to pay, is it true?

Allthepies
24-11-13, 20:10
Get Iphone!

I'm currently using S4 (free)...

princess_morbucks
24-11-13, 20:12
I'm still using IPhone3 now, :ashamed1:, thought of changing to Smartphone but don't know which one better. My auditor and my daughter said they prefers Iphone5 because it is user friendly. My colleague said she prefers Samsung because she can download HK movies. My husband also prefers Samsung because he said he can transfer files from the computer to his Samsung handphone easily. Some said buy Samsung because the wording is bigger while others said Iphone has lots of restrictions, a lot of app cannot be downloaded, it needs to pay, is it true?

Sis, if you are used to iphone, then it is advisable that you change to iphone 5s if you wanna upgrade, cos it takes a while for one to adjust to android if you have been using apple all this while.

Samsung is very user friendly.
Android is very open and not as controlled as apple.
The advantage is that you can get access to lots of things for free but it comes with a price, ie it is not as secure as apple.
Hence you need a good antiviral software.

And yes, you are more likely to have to pay for apple's app than android's, unless you jail break the iphone which will then render your guarantee void, and the iphone is vulnerable to malfunction.

zeamybro
24-11-13, 20:22

For normal usage (sms, net etc) not very much diff except easier to google with Samsung.

Many. The most obvious difference for me is the keyboard. I still very much prefer the apple keyboard and it's auto correct function. I spend much less effort completing a SMS using iPhone. But such thing is very individual ...I can't say it applies to all.

CondoWE
24-11-13, 20:23
Hi sis,

New Xperia Z1... :cheers1:!

PropertyHound
24-11-13, 22:28

I think those phones purchased in China the best, can insert 2 or 3 sim, can do hacking, eavesdrop etc..LOL

irisng
25-11-13, 07:00
Hi sis,

New Xperia Z1... :cheers1:!

This belongs to the Sony Ericsson group which is now known as Sony?

irisng
25-11-13, 07:08
Sis, if you are used to iphone, then it is advisable that you change to iphone 5s if you wanna upgrade, cos it takes a while for one to adjust to android if you have been using apple all this while.

Samsung is very user friendly.
Android is very open and not as controlled as apple.
The advantage is that you can get access to lots of things for free but it comes with a price, ie it is not as secure as apple.
Hence you need a good antiviral software.

And yes, you are more likely to have to pay for apple's app than android's, unless you jail break the iphone which will then render your guarantee void, and the iphone is vulnerable to malfunction.

Ya, so used to Iphone already. I have tried using my husband's Samsung, not so used to it, some of the features, don't know where it hide. My son has changed his handphone from Iphone5 to Samsung Note 3 and he said Iphone is easier to use while Samsung, you must know how to use.

My colleague went to her friend's house, spend almost one day, learning how to use her Samsung phone.:mad: And now she keeps saying that Samsung is better, lots of things can download.

Advantage about Samsung Note 3 is the screen is bigger, good for old people like me, disadvantage is not so handy.

princess_morbucks
25-11-13, 11:57
Ya, so used to Iphone already. I have tried using my husband's Samsung, not so used to it, some of the features, don't know where it hide. My son has changed his handphone from Iphone5 to Samsung Note 3 and he said Iphone is easier to use while Samsung, you must know how to use.

My colleague went to her friend's house, spend almost one day, learning how to use her Samsung phone.:mad: And now she keeps saying that Samsung is better, lots of things can download.

Advantage about Samsung Note 3 is the screen is bigger, good for old people like me, disadvantage is not so handy.

Once you get used to Samsung, it will be a breeze, especially if you like to explore the phone.
If you are unsure, you can find answers by googling it or turn to youtube for help.
My whole family uses iphone, including my maid.
I am the only one using Samsung.
I love my Note 2 even after 1 year of using it.

zeamybro
25-11-13, 12:45
Once you get used to Samsung, it will be a breeze, especially if you like to explore the phone.
If you are unsure, you can find answers by googling it or turn to youtube for help.

sis i have switched from iphone to samsung for 5 mths, but still struggling with samsung leh.... probably becos i am still holding on to my ipads, so cannot really have a clean break away from apples...

Note 3 is nice, i like the big screen. My boss was worried she couldnt get used to Note 3 so she bought a chiong Note 3 from Simlim for a try first. Looks and feel almost similar to the real note 3 except less memory.

cavaliver
25-11-13, 12:57

Agreed. I also switched from I phone to Samsung Note 2.
There is a short learning curve (Tip: easier to learn directly from the young ones)
No turning back to iPhone :)

fiat500
25-11-13, 13:14
Agreed. I also switched from I phone to Samsung Note 2.
There is a short learning curve (Tip: easier to learn directly from the young ones)
No turning back to iPhone :)

If u can wait a little longer till next year, iphone 6 will definitely come with a big screen similar to s4..
But u shouldn't hv any problem with the note3 as u can always put yr hp in yr handbag unlike the guys having to put it in the pockets which can be a bit bulging at times.. :rolleyes:

cavaliver
25-11-13, 13:45
If u can wait a little longer till next year, iphone 6 will definitely come with a big screen similar to s4..
But u shouldn't hv any problem with the note3 as u can always put yr hp in yr handbag unlike the guys having to put it in the pockets which can be a bit bulging at times.. :rolleyes:

Noted with thanks. Will look out for these new gadgets :)

minority
25-11-13, 16:28
Which model will you all recommend for the following brands:-

1) Sony Ericsson
2) Samsung
3) I-phone

Thanks.

Samsung if u want a all rounder. for camera n u plan to drop ur phone in a pool of water go for sony Z1. for chic look and ease of use. iPhone.

princess_morbucks
25-11-13, 20:17
For sis irisng : :)

http://www.todayonline.com/tech/googles-schmidt-writes-how-guide-ditch-iphone

Executive chairman writes a detailed step-by-step guide for those moving from an iPhone to Android, claiming that they will ‘never switch back’

SAN FRANCISCO — Google’s executive chairman Eric Schmidt has written a thorough how-to guide for those thinking of switching from an iPhone to Android.
In a post on his personal Google+ page called Eric’s Guide: Converting to Android from iPhone, he lays out the necessary steps to migrate email accounts, photographs, music and contacts and extols the virtues of the Google OS and new hardware designed to run it.

“Many of my iPhone friends are converting to Android. The latest high-end phones from Samsung, Motorola and the Nexus 5 have better screens, are faster, and have a much more intuitive interface. They are a great Christmas present to an iPhone user,” he says.
“Like the people who moved from PCs to Macs and never switched back, you will switch from iPhone to Android and never switch back as everything will be in the cloud, backed up, and there are so many choices for you.”
The detailed guide explains how to transfer contact information, set-up email, back-up photographs and transfer music from iOS to Android using Google Music Manager, the Daily Telegraph reported.
Missing no opportunity to plug another Google product, he also warned users off Apple’s own browser: “Be sure to use Chrome, not Safari; it’s safer and better in so many ways. And it’s free.” AGENCIES

Simi
25-11-13, 20:59
Is this Motorola's comeback device?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/photos/is-this-motorola-s-comeback-device-slideshow/motorola-s-seeks-comeback-with-moto-g-photo-1384363402467.html

irisng
26-11-13, 07:33
Really appreciate all the contributions and advise. :cheers1:

That's why I was thinking, how can we, the forummers are unhappy people, maybe occasionally lah, so come to this forum and make a bit of noise, trying to get advise and console lor.

irisng
26-11-13, 07:35
Samsung if u want a all rounder. for camera n u plan to drop ur phone in a pool of water go for sony Z1. for chic look and ease of use. iPhone.

Thanks, thanks so much for your summary.