PDA

View Full Version : Chart of the Day: Check out how much private homes will be completed by 2015

princess_morbucks
22-11-13, 09:14
http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/chart-day-check-out-how-much-private-homes-will-be-completed-2015

Analysts fear it's too much.
According to Nomura, sentiments have turned more cautious and the market is rightly concerned about the projected surge in completions.
"About 9,000 units of non-landed private homes [excluding executive condos (EC)] were completed in 9M13 and we are projecting another 28,570 units to be completed by end-2014F, about 51% of which are located in the outside central region (OCR, a proxy for the mass-market segment)."
Nomura said that while a lot has already been said about the potential impact on the rental market, they believe the impact on the secondary market could also be significant, notwithstanding the introduction of sellers’ stamp duty (SSD) in February 2010.

http://sbr.com.sg/sites/default/files/news/housing.JPG

thomastansb
22-11-13, 09:27
Nice chart. CCR is going to suffer next year. Altez, Skysuites, 76 Shenton, Robinson suites.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/chart-day-check-out-how-much-private-homes-will-be-completed-2015

According to Nomura, sentiments have turned more cautious and the market is rightly concerned about the projected surge in completions.
"About 9,000 units of non-landed private homes [excluding executive condos (EC)] were completed in 9M13 and we are projecting another 28,570 units to be completed by end-2014F, about 51% of which are located in the outside central region (OCR, a proxy for the mass-market segment)."
Nomura said that while a lot has already been said about the potential impact on the rental market, they believe the impact on the secondary market could also be significant, notwithstanding the introduction of sellers’ stamp duty (SSD) in February 2010.

minority
22-11-13, 10:09

the way I read this is CCR will raise coz over supply will be in OCR in 2015. RCR is flat. so good luck to OCR…. the tsunami is coming.

玉格格
22-11-13, 10:30
the way I read this is CCR will raise coz over supply will be in OCR in 2015. RCR is flat. so good luck to OCR…. the tsunami is coming.

yeah ...shd rental suffer, OCR will get the greatest hit since they form > 50% of the total supply in the next 1-2 yrs.
& the situation will be worse if CCR/RCR lowers their rental expectations to tat of OCRs.

Ringo33
22-11-13, 10:46
yeah ...shd rental suffer, OCR will get the greatest hit since they form > 50% of the total supply in the next 1-2 yrs.
& the situation will be worse if CCR/RCR lowers their rental expectations to tat of OCRs.

hard to say. If majority of OCR home buyers are HDB upgraders or SPR being push out of HDB market, then it should not be a concern. IMO OCR property are more related to the price of HDB resale flat..

princess_morbucks
Will OCR rental demand be more than supply.
That is the question we have to ask.

With many FTs coming to SG, especially those who bring their families along, developments near international schools will be in demand.
FTs who first come to SG will tend to prefer to stay in developments that their contemporaries reside.

ichigo55
OCR forms 50% of the numbers here ... good luck!
I believe CCR and RCR will hold up and drop will be much less significant as the gap with OCR is very small now.

玉格格
22-11-13, 10:51
hard to say. If majority of OCR home buyers are HDB upgraders or SPR being push out of HDB market, then it should not be a concern. IMO OCR property are more related to the price of HDB resale flat..

as long as one is buying for ownstay n nid not depends on rental for mthly repayment, a "crash" will not really hit u whether u hv bought a ccr/rcr or ocr.
I dun see y an owner adopting a long term approach shd be unduly concerned over a short term "book loss".

however, if one doesn't hv sufficient buffer & hv bought something expensive for investment purpose, he will hv to be wary liao lor ... esp if it is OCR ppty where it is oso under the pressure fm recession promotion by CCR.

Ringo33
22-11-13, 10:51
OCR forms 50% of the numbers here ..

i think the proportion has always been the case because there are more people living in OCR than other region. And I also believe higher percentage of OCR property are also for own stay.

Singleton
22-11-13, 11:05
Nice chart. CCR is going to suffer next year. Altez, Skysuites, 76 Shenton, Robinson suites.

Do not understand, why only these specific condos which are located in happening areas and lots of potential in the surroundings?

Would think it will depend on the areas whether CCR or OCR, the overall supply nos are not so relevant when it comes to individual projects. Projects whether in CCR or OCR that have the usual X factors will continue to be relatively hot.

princess_morbucks
22-11-13, 11:14
I think the OCR condos near MRT and international schools will be safe.
There will always be a demand for these condos especially for the bigger units, 3 bedder will be in high demand with FT with families.

玉格格
22-11-13, 11:24
hmm ... I wonder wat proportion of those OCRs units r actually < 5 mins fm the mrt ...

indomie
22-11-13, 11:42
Property now is a storage of wealth. People rather see their money in property than bank cash deposit. So I my opinion, because there are so many properties around, doesn't mean there is an oversupply. As along as sg economy is growing, the demand for property is still growing. For example, how many of us still dream of owning 10 or 15 properties.

Ringo33
22-11-13, 11:45
hmm ... I wonder wat proportion of those OCRs units r actually < 5 mins fm the mrt ...

I think what is more important is how many new MRT stations will be located in OCR because property around existing MRT station has already priced in that MRT factor, so if there is any correction, it will still get affected.

On the other hand if there is a new mrt station being build in a new site, then property around those could possible rise even during downturn.

catsick
22-11-13, 11:46
The other thing to consider is the huge supply also in HDB completions which are also mainly OCR, so the OCR will get a double whammy , a lot of this ocr supply are shoebox units in huge numbers which is a totally untested market , I think all the stuff in the ccr will fill up at lower rents , there will be a load of 1 bed and studios in the ocr which will lie empty, unable to get any tenants and this is the stuff that has been sold at crazy psf prices due to low quantum ......

Ringo33
22-11-13, 11:50
The other thing to consider is the huge supply also in HDB completions which are also mainly OCR, so the OCR will get a double whammy , a lot of this ocr supply are shoebox units in huge numbers which is a totally untested market , I think all the stuff in the ccr will fill up at lower rents , there will be a load of 1 bed and studios in the ocr which will lie empty, unable to get any tenants and this is the stuff that has been sold at crazy psf prices due to low quantum ......

BTO flats are buld to order, meaning there are already committed buyers (first timer mostly) buying for own stay and they are for rent or for sale during the 5 years MOP.

It wont be a concern

玉格格
22-11-13, 11:57
The other thing to consider is the huge supply also in HDB completions which are also mainly OCR, so the OCR will get a double whammy

the profile of HDB tenants is totally a diff league fm mm tenants. but it will be interesting to see how many of these 3 rm hdb tenants will be tempted rent mm condo if pricing become similar when there is a supply overdose in the next 1-2 yrs.

a lot of this ocr supply are shoebox units in huge numbers which is a totally untested market , I think all the stuff in the ccr will fill up at lower rents , there will be a load of 1 bed and studios in the ocr which will lie empty, unable to get any tenants and this is the stuff that has been sold at crazy psf prices due to low quantum ......
take for example.

say currently, CCR tenanting at $3.5k/mth, rcr $2.8k/mth, ocr $2.1k/mth & 3 rm hdb $1.9k/mth.

when these new launches top, there might not be enuff tenants for all the supply. & ppl will start to laylong ...

if ccr willing to accept $3k/mth, no one will rent rcr at 2.8k, so rcr oso hv to laylong. if rcr accept $2.2k/mth, ocr will oso hv to laylong ...

so now the qn is, will ocr mm become cheaper den 3rm hdb bo?

玉格格
22-11-13, 12:00
BTO flats are buld to order, meaning there are already committed buyers (first timer mostly) buying for own stay and they are for rent or for sale during the 5 years MOP.

It wont be a concern

EC top is more detrimental den BTO cos the proportion of resale hdb out in the mkt will be a lot more.

thomastansb
22-11-13, 12:13
That is in the past. Nowadays, a lot more people buy OCR for investment because of its lower price and better than expected rental. Those OCR with MRT studio is fetching rental of 3.2 to 3.5k. My Clift is only doing a 4k. Somemore, my Clift is bigger than the OCR studio. So don't be surprised if OCR get hit as badly as CCR when crisis comes.

i think the proportion has always been the case because there are more people living in OCR than other region. And I also believe higher percentage of OCR property are also for own stay.

thomastansb
22-11-13, 12:17
I have read reports saying that OCR with MRT vs RCR with MRT vs CCR with MRT is very close in rental. It is more like CCR 4k, RCR 3.7k, OCR 3.4k.

But those OCR without MRT, of course suffer la. Maybe 2.2k a month.

the profile of HDB tenants is totally a diff league fm mm tenants. but it will be interesting to see how many of these 3 rm hdb tenants will be tempted rent mm condo if pricing become similar when there is a supply overdose in the next 1-2 yrs.

take for example.

say currently, CCR tenanting at $3.5k/mth, rcr $2.8k/mth, ocr $2.1k/mth & 3 rm hdb $1.9k/mth.

when these new launches top, there might not be enuff tenants for all the supply. & ppl will start to laylong ...

if ccr willing to accept $3k/mth, no one will rent rcr at 2.8k, so rcr oso hv to laylong. if rcr accept $2.2k/mth, ocr will oso hv to laylong ...

so now the qn is, will ocr mm become cheaper den 3rm hdb bo?

玉格格
22-11-13, 12:21
I have read reports saying that OCR with MRT vs RCR with MRT vs CCR with MRT is very close in rental. It is more like CCR 4k, RCR 3.7k, OCR 3.4k.

But those OCR without MRT, of course suffer la. Maybe 2.2k a month.

r u refering to mm when u quoted ccr 4k, rcr 3.7k & ocr 3.4k?
cos seems like they r not while the 2.2k is a typical mm rate in some ocr.

NO_7
22-11-13, 12:27
In term of units/km in OCR vs CCR, OCR is still far from CCR.
With so many MRT stations coming up, within 400m radius range from station could consider as prime location.
So wat is the ratio of Sg vs PR vs FT in future will determine the market trends. Lesser landlord vs more tenant or the other way round.

thomastansb
22-11-13, 13:55
I got this from URA for Optima. At Tanah Merah. I just took the last 6 months rental.

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,500 400 to 500 Sep-13
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,250 400 to 500 Jun-13
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,500 400 to 500 Jul-13
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,050 400 to 500 Oct-13
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,000 400 to 500 Jul-13
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE 16 Non-landed Properties 1 3,100 400 to 500 Oct-13

r u refering to mm when u quoted ccr 4k, rcr 3.7k & ocr 3.4k?
cos seems like they r not while the 2.2k is a typical mm rate in some ocr.

玉格格
22-11-13, 14:01
I got this from URA for Optima. At Tanah Merah. I just took the last 6 months rental.

wah! I nvr noe optima is fetching such high rental! shd hv got urban vista instead :banghead:

but these > $3k for OCR mm is not a lot rite? many near mrt ocr r still in the range of ard 2.5k ...

radha08
22-11-13, 15:40
with MM asking this kind of price no wonder hdb rental so high:cheers1:

Proplive123
22-11-13, 19:56
Nowday is very different from the past. Young couple with condo living aspiration doesn't care much about location. As long as they manage to get their first condo within right budget.
Even HDB upgrader or pending MOP already forming big pool of OCR buyers.

thomastansb
22-11-13, 23:14
As long as got MRT, average can hit 3k for OCR. RCR is around 3.5 to 3.8k. CCR easily 4k. I am referring to studio.

But a CCR studio 2x of OCR studio but the rental is only slightly higher. So which one make more investment sense?

wah! I nvr noe optima is fetching such high rental! shd hv got urban vista instead :banghead:

but these > $3k for OCR mm is not a lot rite? many near mrt ocr r still in the range of ard 2.5k ...

玉格格
23-11-13, 08:44
As long as got MRT, average can hit 3k for OCR. RCR is around 3.5 to 3.8k. CCR easily 4k. I am referring to studio.

But a CCR studio 2x of OCR studio but the rental is only slightly higher. So which one make more investment sense?

u reminded me of a comment someone made at duo thread.
3 units of inflora mm (rental 3 x $2k) cost the same as 1 unit of one bedder at duo (rental lower den $6k, mayb 4.5k?).
if u hv 1.35mil to invest, which will u choose for both capital appreciation n rental yield?
do u tink quantum > location?

DC33_2008
23-11-13, 08:50
Key question is : "Which one can rent out easier?"
3 units of inflora mm (rental 3 x $2k) cost the same as 1 unit of one bedder at duo (rental lower den $6k, mayb 4.5k?).
if u hv 1.35mil to invest, which will u choose for both capital appreciation n rental yield?

indomie
23-11-13, 09:12
Of course inflora. There are more people on a shoe string budget than high rollers.

Adva181
23-11-13, 09:26

Lol, this also has to do with the feel good factor.
Many will still choose the better location Duo vs 3 units at inflora.
I am one of those investor who still keeps buying only central region property even if I know the yield is not as good as some OCR.
Haha. This is a human mental problem. Wana feel good look good seen good.

玉格格
23-11-13, 09:26
Of course inflora. There are more people on a shoe string budget than high rollers.

r u sure?
dun forget u got 3 units to rent out wor! :p

玉格格
23-11-13, 09:31
Lol, this also has to do with the feel good factor.
Many will still choose the better location Duo vs 3 units at inflora.
I am one of those investor who still keeps buying only central region property even if I know the yield is not as good as some OCR.
Haha. This is a human mental problem. Wana feel good look good seen good.

capital appreciation in ccr oso not as gd as ocr.
isnt making investment decision based on feel gd factor costly?

玉格格
23-11-13, 09:42

I suppose each will hv its own pool of tenants.
another qn to be considered as well. which one can better stand the test of time during economic downturn?
y ppl always say in times of crisis, ocr will suffer the most?
ocr means less holding power?

chestnut
23-11-13, 09:56
I suppose each will hv its own pool of tenants.
another qn to be considered as well. which one can better stand the test of time during economic downturn?
y ppl always say in times of crisis, ocr will suffer the most?
ocr means less holding power?

Because people always refer to the past....

What they fail to see is the future is diff....

Look at Nokia, blackberry, htc, etc...

Look at Microsoft today...

Look at type writers....

In the past, expats mainly are MNC md's (managing directors)... This people will rent orchard(CCR).... The profile would be family with a few kids....
Today, MNCs bring in managers and so they shift to rcr and OCR... They come single as well...

Then there are the ang mo who come here working local term and some stay in hdb....

Some people still stick to the past....

Marina South will overtake Orchard.... HAHAHAHAHAHA but some still say no way.... :doh:

Many also fail to hear govt clue - decentralization....

Live, work, play.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

玉格格
23-11-13, 10:08
u hv raised more qns in my head:

so hv MDs stop coming to spore?

when ccr $ drop to a point whereby it is oni slightly higher eg 10% den ocr, ocr can still maintain its prices?

wif decentralisation, a bad location will become gd?

govt wanna everyone to live, work n play in the same loc means everyone will guai guai follow?

Because people always refer to the past....

What they fail to see is the future is diff....

Look at Nokia, blackberry, htc, etc...

Look at Microsoft today...

Look at type writers....

In the past, expats mainly are MNC md's (managing directors)... This people will rent orchard(CCR).... The profile would be family with a few kids....
Today, MNCs bring in managers and so they shift to rcr and OCR... They come single as well...

Then there are the ang mo who come here working local term and some stay in hdb....

Some people still stick to the past....

Marina South will overtake Orchard.... HAHAHAHAHAHA but some still say no way.... :doh:

Many also fail to hear govt clue - decentralization....

Live, work, play.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

chestnut
23-11-13, 10:13
New coys still hire high end expats... But I ask u a few questions...

In the early years, who were the md's of IBM, HP, DBS, etc...

Today, more local MDs???? Of course with new setups, the MNCs will initially place their own people but ultimately replaced with locals....

Btw, where is CCR u referring to????

The old 9,10,11 or the new marina south.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at masterplan and it will give u a clue on where the money is spent and on which area.... By the way, what plans does the masterplan have on 9,10,11???? Of course u gonna tell me about holland.... Hahahah

Lastly, on commuting. Why people want to live near mrt??? What if they can live near their work place??? D u believe, if u don't, then don't buy OCR lor.... Stick to rcr lor... No body forcing u to believe the govt and whatever govt say will be rite... The choice is always yours... Hahahahh

u hv raised more qns in my head:

when ccr $ drop to a point whereby it is oni slightly higher eg 10% den ocr, ocr can still maintain its prices?

govt wanna everyone to live, work n play in the same loc means everyone will guai guai follow?

玉格格
23-11-13, 10:23
New coys still hire high end expats... But I ask u a few questions...

In the early years, who were the md's of IBM, HP, DBS, etc...

Today, more local MDs???? Of course with new setups, the MNCs will initially place their own people but ultimately replaced with locals....

Btw, where is CCR u referring to????

The old 9,10,11 or the new marina south.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at masterplan and it will give u a clue on where the money is spent and on which area.... By the way, what plans does the masterplan have on 9,10,11????

Im referring to d9-11 la :p
wat Im concerned wif is capital appreciation n gd rental yield.
how shd the selection criteria be?
masterplan development > quantum > location?

indomie
23-11-13, 10:25
Company structure is less hierarchical now. Its more performance based pay.

Yes, some ocr will actually become a new ccr. So its possible that the current ccr becoming a new ocr.

No. The new ccr geography are clusters (for example, jurong cluster, paya lebar cluster), rather than the current centralised shape. So, a bad location is not automatically become good.

I will guai guai follow, because it means that is where the gov will pour money into infrastructures

chestnut
23-11-13, 10:29
Im referring to d9-11 la :p
wat Im concerned wif is capital appreciation n gd rental yield.
how shd the selection criteria be?
masterplan development > quantum > location?

Sometimes we want both - capital gain plus gd rental yield...

Just like biz wants high selling price with good marketshare... How to??? If u are apple in early days and no rivals... Today, apple loss marketshare Liao....

So u need to decide what is important.... If got choice, everyone also want capital gain with gd returns.... Those days are over.... Can u imagine if properties double in 5 years.... Can u imagine OCR @ 2 mil:doh::doh::doh:

U think govt will allow???.

chestnut
23-11-13, 10:31
Brudder indomie....

Many don't understand the govt pump money into infra and that is where the money is.... They are living in the past.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Also lucky lar... If not, damn siong, have to fight with so many.... Hahahahahaha

Yes, some ocr will actually become a new ccr. So its possible that the current ccr becoming a new ocr.

No. The new ccr geography are clusters (for example, jurong cluster, paya lebar cluster), rather than the current centralised shape. So, a bad location is not automatically become good.

I will guai guai follow, because it means that is where the gov will pour money into infrastructures

玉格格
23-11-13, 10:32
bro chestnut, i feel tat it is impt to live near mrt in sg, regardless of whether u use it onot.
I will not buy anything tat is far fm mrt, even if it is ccr.
but the qn is, is ocr safe?
eg govt wanna develop airport as well. so it is gd to invest in pasir ris/tampines/flora dr?

玉格格
23-11-13, 10:37

so u r trying to say if a ccr receive no new development, it is liken to being cast in cold palace liao?! no future?!

Simi
23-11-13, 10:39
Brudder indomie....

Many don't understand the govt pump money into infra and that is where the money is.... They are living in the past.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Also lucky lar... If not, damn siong, have to fight with so many.... Hahahahahaha

Brother chestnut

follow the money :ashamed1:

or in other word "follow the CK" (chng Kay) :D:cheers1:

chestnut
23-11-13, 10:51
so u r trying to say if a ccr receive no new development, it is liken to being cast in cold palace liao?! no future?!

If u renovate your home, will u expect prices to go up???

So for jurong, did prices go up more than the rest??? Is the development of the area over????

Look at changi biz park and what it did to that area???

Look at Pasir Ris and compare Livia with the rest of the other areas????

chestnut
23-11-13, 11:05
bro chestnut, i feel tat it is impt to live near mrt in sg, regardless of whether u use it onot.
I will not buy anything tat is far fm mrt, even if it is ccr.
but the qn is, is ocr safe?
eg govt wanna develop airport as well. so it is gd to invest in pasir ris/tampines/flora dr?

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/ReportNewsletter/Connect/LTA_Connect_Oct_2013.pdf

chestnut
23-11-13, 11:07
Brother chestnut

follow the money :ashamed1:

or in other word "follow the CK" (chng Kay) :D:cheers1:

Yes..... The only thing preventing the rise is all the CMs....

Hahahaha

Since interest rate so low.... With rental, u still make money leh... Hahahahaha

Simi
23-11-13, 11:21
Yes..... The only thing preventing the rise is all the CMs....

Hahahaha

Since interest rate so low.... With rental, u still make money leh... Hahahahaha

Brother

my JB properties are bleeding lei

still looking for buyer :doh::doh:

玉格格
23-11-13, 11:50
If u renovate your home, will u expect prices to go up???

So for jurong, did prices go up more than the rest??? Is the development of the area over????

Look at changi biz park and what it did to that area???

Look at Pasir Ris and compare Livia with the rest of the other areas????

for a potential buyer, the qn is not whether did $ for jurong went up. rather, the more impt qn is, how much more can it go?
like u r always confident tat JLD will huat. my qn is how come u r not vested in JG?

livia's result can be misleading due to lact of direct nearby competition. wait till all the 5 plots has top den u tell me can livia sustain the yield :tongue3:

玉格格
23-11-13, 11:57
Brother

worse come to worse u retire in jb lor ...
or u provide weekend staycation to singaporean lor ...

玉格格
23-11-13, 11:59
Sometimes we want both - capital gain plus gd rental yield...

Just like biz wants high selling price with good marketshare... How to??? If u are apple in early days and no rivals... Today, apple loss marketshare Liao....

So u need to decide what is important.... If got choice, everyone also want capital gain with gd returns.... Those days are over.... Can u imagine if properties double in 5 years.... Can u imagine OCR @ 2 mil:doh::doh::doh:

U think govt will allow???.

so now I give u 0.5mil where will u invest? give me 3 choices, haha : D

onglai
23-11-13, 12:02

WAH SO GENEROUS!!! GIVE ME LEH..
:D

DC33_2008
23-11-13, 12:04
Invest in other things. Not enough for property investment with all the Restrictions. :D

玉格格
23-11-13, 12:35
WAH SO GENEROUS!!! GIVE ME LEH..
:D

hmmm ... my palace now happen to 缺 one 公公 :tongue3:

玉格格
23-11-13, 12:39
Invest in other things. Not enough for property investment with all the Restrictions. :D

勉强 can lar, mm lor :D
tat day one bro reccomend me funds wif gd returns but i find it risky leh.

Ringo33
23-11-13, 15:53

0.5m can only get you one choice

mosaic
23-11-13, 16:58
Brother

oh when did you buy and how long have you been marketing them for?

Simi
23-11-13, 17:14
oh when did you buy and how long have you been marketing them for?

1 in 2007 and 2 in 2011 :banghead::banghead:

2007 unit in the market for a year

2011 units not selling

Simi
23-11-13, 17:26
How is property gains tax in M’sia calculated?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/leisure/2013/09/20/how-is-property-gains-tax-in-msia-calculated/

newbie11
23-11-13, 17:55

2011 units not selling
Now is not gd time. Why not wait till rts is up

Simi
23-11-13, 19:19
Now is not gd time. Why not wait till rts is up

Hi
Reducing exposure

amk
24-11-13, 09:47

Hmm gov used to promote punggol 21 also, what ever happened to it now ?

When LHL 1st took office, his 1st grand plan was obviously MBFC area, the new downtown. We have not even reached there.

I do not believe when gov says do this and do that, it will simply happen. Look at today's political climate and economic reality , it will be a miracle for SG to still stay in the game. The only area I see SG is capable of and hopefully can achieve, is to become the London of the east.

For this reason, I buy one DUO instead of 3 inflora.

chestnut
24-11-13, 09:55
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punggol_New_Town

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr96-58.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr96-75.html

What happened in 1997??? ASIAN CRISIS....

What happened to propety prices????

Which district demonstrated price increase???

Everything went down.....

So in 2008 at leman bros, same... All props went down....

So when major event happens, everything drops....

What is important is you need to have your own strategy and move according to your own.... Better to trust yourself and answer to your own judgement/decision than others... Hhahahahah

If u think we will be London of the east... U should look at marina south.... Thats where the action is...

When LHL 1st took office, his 1st grand plan was obviously MBFC area, the new downtown. We have not even reached there.

I do not believe when gov says do this and do that, it will simply happen. Look at today's political climate and economic reality , it will be a miracle for SG to still stay in the game. The only area I see SG is capable of and hopefully can achieve, is to become the London of the east.

NO_7
24-11-13, 10:38
Sg still have a long way to go, trying very hard to attract HNWI to stay here with competition coming from other major city around the world.
Building a better living in OCR is as important as a great downtown plans.

mosaic
24-11-13, 13:49

2011 units not selling

wah one year quite long. You put your price quite high is it. Were there many viewings?

玉格格
24-11-13, 14:15

since u hv no confident in govt commitment, wat makes u hv so much confident in duo?

amk
24-11-13, 17:30
since u hv no confident in govt commitment, wat makes u hv so much confident in duo?

Good question. I don't have confidence in all the mega plans SG has, but I have confidence in SOME plans it has. I believe some of the plans are for show ( e.g. Punggol 21), some are for real and doable. And some others are just "self wishes".

To chestnut, I have my reservations abt marina south.

Arcachon
24-11-13, 18:37
Print more money and the currency get stronger.

Stocks rise as worries on Fed taper cool, dollar gains

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/22/us-markets-global-idUSBRE96S00E20131122

You should know why is she smiling cheek to cheek.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/11/21/1385049850452/68a412c1-b174-4013-b5fd-5cfdde6c6934-460x276.jpeg

chestnut
24-11-13, 19:13
Good question. I don't have confidence in all the mega plans SG has, but I have confidence in SOME plans it has. I believe some of the plans are for show ( e.g. Punggol 21), some are for real and doable. And some others are just "self wishes".

To chestnut, I have my reservations abt marina south.

Ok.... It is important to have a view... The worst is to have no view... Then there will be no action...

I already have enough of props.... I am in to other areas of investment... :cheers5::cheers5:

DC33_2008
24-11-13, 19:19
Good to have investment properties at different growth areas some years ago. Just wait for price to appreciate while collecting passive income. Your southern coast investment will fluorish if it is not in our lifetime, our kids will reap them.
Ok.... It is important to have a view... The worst is to have no view... Then there will be no action...

I already have enough of props.... I am in to other areas of investment... :cheers5::cheers5:

chestnut
24-11-13, 19:27
Good to have investment properties at different growth areas some years ago. Just wait for price to appreciate while collecting passive income. Your southern coast investment will fluorish if it is not in our lifetime, our kids will reap them.

Bro, the rich poor divide has widen a lot since the crisis and will continue to do so....

It is totally unbelievable.....:doh::doh: the access to cheap money is unbelievable....:doh::doh:

proud owner
24-11-13, 19:34

like Alternative investment ?

newbie11
24-11-13, 19:38
Bro, the rich poor divide has widen a lot since the crisis and will continue to do so....

It is totally unbelievable.....:doh::doh: the access to cheap money is unbelievable....:doh::doh:

Now Sydney also attracting prc $

chestnut
24-11-13, 20:26

Yup....:cheers1:

chestnut
24-11-13, 20:28
Now Sydney also attracting prc $

The PRCs are everywhere

proud owner
24-11-13, 20:28
Yup....:cheers1:

me too ...

its just strange that many still skeptical about it ...

玉格格
24-11-13, 21:09
me too ...

its just strange that many still skeptical about it ...

cos we dunno the risk, tat made us scared.

newbie11
24-11-13, 21:48

Like what?

PC08
24-11-13, 22:40
The PRCs are everywhere

PRCs are really amazing. I have a SG friend renting a condo unit from a PRC landlord in SG. Times have changed.

newbie11
24-11-13, 23:27
PRCs are really amazing. I have a SG friend renting a condo unit from a PRC landlord in SG. Times have changed.

been watching news on youtube on property launches in global cities. same story. prc are just snapping. its cheap. period.