PDA

View Full Version : when u r old ...

mermaid
15-11-13, 13:31
长言道 :“相见容易,相处难”。
do u prefer or not to live wif yr children?
or juz wif yr spouse?
most youngsters nowadays prefer not to live with their parents.

nickq
15-11-13, 16:42
or juz wif yr spouse?

Typo there. It's "常" and not "长".

mermaid
15-11-13, 16:47
Typo there. It's "常" and not "长".

orh, laoshi. but times out, cannot amend liao :ashamed1:

kellogs
15-11-13, 16:57
If my kids want to stay with me that is ok

if they want to stay by themselves that is ok too :)

We are flexible :D

mermaid
15-11-13, 17:08
If my kids want to stay with me that is ok

if they want to stay by themselves that is ok too :)

We are flexible :D

IF I am married I tink it will be very, very hard ... if not impossible .... for ppl of my character & temperament to live wif my in laws. I dun mind gg to their house frequently to take care of them but I tink it will be a nitemare for me to stay wif them.

Wynyard
15-11-13, 18:14
In the old days, there is no issue on staying with in-laws.

Everyone is poor and cannot afford to 分开住. We are getting spoilt :ashamed1:

irisng
15-11-13, 21:24
or juz wif yr spouse?

I think I'll prefer not to stay with my children if they get marry to avoid any conflicts with their the other half but easier to say than to be done. When my son told me that he wants to get marry, suddenly I have a fear that I won't be able to see him everyday. 真矛盾!:(

zzz1
16-11-13, 05:50
or juz wif yr spouse?

It is better not to stay with your children.
As a parent, your kid will and alway never grow up, and staying together will result in conflict if we still thinking of 'discipline' them.

is better to stay healthy and take care ownself.

mermaid
16-11-13, 09:06
In the old days, there is no issue on staying with in-laws.

Everyone is poor and cannot afford to 分开住. We are getting spoilt :ashamed1:

tink not juz abt affordability, mindset hv changed a lot, eso when women r educatwd n hv equal earning power as their husbands.
imagine spoilt mermaid who behave like a queen at home, will guai guai listen to in laws without retialiation? :tongue3:

mermaid
16-11-13, 09:30
I think I'll prefer not to stay with my children if they get marry to avoid any conflicts with their the other half but easier to say than to be done. When my son told me that he wants to get marry, suddenly I have a fear that I won't be able to see him everyday. 真矛盾!:(

if I were a parent, tink I would get a unit in the same proj as my children. we will still interact daily for dinner or exercise but we dun physically stay tgt whereby we hv to put up wif one another living styles n habits.
everyday got meet like 1-2 hrs den wun miss them liao mah...

onglai
16-11-13, 09:41
if I were a parent, tink I would get a unit in the same proj as my children. we will still interact daily for dinner or exercise but we dun physically stay tgt whereby we hv to put up wif one another living styles n habits.

u cook or ur children cook?

mermaid
16-11-13, 09:50
As a parent, your kid will and alway never grow up, and staying together will result in conflict if we still thinking of 'discipline' them.

tink u r still very young :p
but when u r old, like 50+, u tend to feel more scared of loneliness. u will long to stay wif yr kids rather den a caregiven.

opp my hse is a nursing home. every cny I like to stand at the window[QUOTE=zzz1;445695]It is better not to stay with your children.

but when u r old, like 50+, u tend to feel more scared of loneliness. u will long to stay wif yr kids rather den a caregiven.

opp my hse is a nursing home. every cny I like to stand at the window

but when u r old, like 50+ onwards, u tend to feel more scared of loneliness. u will long to stay wif yr kids rather den a caregiven.

opp my hse is a nursing home. every cny I like to stand at the window watching children fetching their parent for reunion meals. on a daily basis, u seldom see visitors one. like very kelian liddat, most likely they oni get to see their kids once a year.

irisng
16-11-13, 09:57

Don't know they like it or not, they apply far far away, 要过二人世界. Unless we sell our current house and apply the same location as theirs. Now already got problem asking him and his future wife to join us to dine out, next time, I wonder how. He sides more of the girl's side than our side. Sign. 看开一点. When they are young, easier to discipline, now is so different especially when they start working and have partner. They want their own way of living.

mermaid
16-11-13, 10:09
u cook or ur children cook?

does tat really matters?
if got maid n both husband n wifey working, can ask maid to help parents in the cooking. weekend can 1 day all go out to eat 1 day free n easy. liddat hv personal space yet can "live" tgt.

mermaid
16-11-13, 10:25
:simmering:
Don't know they like it or not, they apply far far away, 要过二人世界. Unless we sell our current house and apply the same location as theirs. Now already got problem asking him and his future wife to join us to dine out, next time, I wonder how. He sides more of the girl's side than our side. Sign. 看开一点. When they are young, easier to discipline, now is so different especially when they start working and have partner. They want their own way of living.

if they dun like more interactions u force them oso wun be happy.
at the very least u still hv yr husband lah ...
期望越多,失望越大。
like me, no children, no expectation, no disappointment.

onglai
16-11-13, 11:27
does tat really matters?
if got maid n both husband n wifey working, can ask maid to help parents in the cooking. weekend can 1 day all go out to eat 1 day free n easy. liddat hv personal space yet can "live" tgt.

of course... if u cook ur children come and eat, sure no prob.. if ur children cook u go n eat, they will sure buy a unit at jurong extension.

:D:D

onglai
16-11-13, 11:30

95% of man will be closer to the wives' side. the remaining 5%, their wives are ophan.

:scared-4:

moneytalk
16-11-13, 11:35
of course... if u cook ur children come and eat, sure no prob.. if ur children cook u go n eat, they will sure buy a unit at jurong extension.

:D:D

You are so right! I have yet to eat a meal at my child's place. Still waiting for an invitation.

mermaid
16-11-13, 12:15
95% of man will be closer to the wives' side. the remaining 5%, their wives are ophan.

:scared-4:

when the parents r filthy rich, the children's behaviour will be diff.
if one is not tat fillial to his parents now dun even expect his children to be one.
but I dun mean u fillial now means yr children will necc be so in the future.

many times I see daughters more fillial den sons, tats y u see sons closer to wives' family

mermaid
16-11-13, 12:31
You are so right! I have yet to eat a meal at my child's place. Still waiting for an invitation.

children will nvr love their parents as much as their own children. likewise, to a woman, children is more impt den husband :p

zzz1
16-11-13, 12:32
[QUOTE=zzz1;445695]
but when u r old, like 50+ onwards, u tend to feel more scared of loneliness. u will long to stay wif yr kids rather den a caregiven.

opp my hse is a nursing home. every cny I like to stand at the window watching children fetching their parent for reunion meals. on a daily basis, u seldom see visitors one. like very kelian liddat, most likely they oni get to see their kids once a year.
Guess what my age?

Well.. in certain extend is true. My wife help to look after the grandson, and when they go back and on week end she will a bit lonely.. as for me I still travell a bit ..so not so much impact at the moment.

Important is to keep self occupied and continue to do something.. be it helping social volunteers, or working, or looking aft grandkids . Got to keep going...

mermaid
16-11-13, 15:47
Guess what my age?

Well.. in certain extend is true. My wife help to look after the grandson, and when they go back and on week end she will a bit lonely.. as for me I still travell a bit ..so not so much impact at the moment.

Important is to keep self occupied and continue to do something.. be it helping social volunteers, or working, or looking aft grandkids . Got to keep going...

oops, got grandson shd not be too young either :o
judging by the strength of yr words, I tink mayb coming to 50yo?

mayb its time for yr wifey to find her own leisure or hobbies to occupy herself during weekend. now her world only revolve around her grandson n a few yrs later if he go childcare yr wifey will feel even more terrible.

if I hv children I will become yellow face housewife n stay at home to look after my kids n cook for my hubby. den hire a maid to help me do the household chores :p I wun depend on parents or in laws to take care of my kids lah ..

irisng
16-11-13, 19:27
[QUOTE=mermaid;445743]
Guess what my age?

Agree. But I think it has more impact in woman than the man. I begin to feel that now, not much time talking to my children also, they are always so busy. But my husband like nothing leh. If my daughter came home late, I couldn't sleep but my husband can sleep also leh.

chestnut
16-11-13, 22:03
[QUOTE=zzz1;445770]

Agree. But I think it has more impact in woman than the man. I begin to feel that now, not much time talking to my children also, they are always so busy. But my husband like nothing leh. If my daughter came home late, I couldn't sleep but my husband can sleep also leh.

Now I know why my wife behave like that.... Hahahaha... I always wondered why she cannot let go???? Must be maternal instinct kicking in..l.

minority
16-11-13, 22:05
or juz wif yr spouse?

When old live with young mistress. can take care mah!

mermaid
16-11-13, 22:41
When old live with young mistress. can take care mah!

ya, ya, ya ... young mistress help u take care of yr $ :tongue3: