PDA

View Full Version : ERP on four southbound CTE gantries to go up to $6 next month

dtrax
28-10-13, 18:04
Another four electronic road pricing (ERP) gantries will have rates of up to $6 from next month, following two existing gantries on the East Coast Parkway as the most expensive ever.

In its latest quarterly revision of ERP rates, four gantries on the southbound Central Expressway (CTE) after Braddell Road and on slip roads leading into that expressway will charge $6 between 8.30am and 9am.

The previous rate on those gantries was $5. The Land Transport Authority said the revised rates will apply from next Monday.

Rates for the other gantries will remain unchanged, and the next ERP review will take place next month for the December school holiday period.

princess_morbucks
28-10-13, 18:10
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/erp-rates-four-gantries-increase-s1-during-morning-peak-period

Ya, read about it.
How come COE so expensive, ERP still go up?
Faintz !:scared-5:

Lucky I am not affected.

DC33_2008
28-10-13, 18:14
Better to stay near or in CBD town if working in CBD.

alamak
28-10-13, 19:38
Better to stay near or in CBD town if working in CBD.

ERP is a cash cow for gahment. COE is an even fatter cash cow. Saying COE is to limit and controlling the growth and utilisation of cars in a planned 6.9 million is a 1000% farce.

Now you see it !!! :doh:

mummy
28-10-13, 20:48
decided to work less in the city area partly because of this.....makes more sense to work near home if pay is about the same....

Violinbite
28-10-13, 21:23
decided to work less in the city area partly because of this.....makes more sense to work near home if pay is about the same....

The best is travel off peak for work, non central and on motorcycle. Currently, there are 3-wheelers motorbike which deem pretty safe for solo traveling. Travel cost easily beats public transport cost.
Its pretty against the rich norm in Singapore as 'poor' man travelling. But shy to say, I cannot find better option for myself.

Simple motorcycle facts in SG:-
1) One litre petrol mileage is anything 23-45km. $25 petrols runs 450km can last 2-3weeks.
2) HBD and gantry parking is $0.65 per entry whole day before 10.30pm. Season a year is $117.
3) Road tax $65 a year. COE $1800 approx.
4) Most private parking in CBD is usually per entry and below $1.50. Same as the most peak ERP timing.

Can't find any greater cost savings than this. Though have limitation like rain, and carrying capacity.

minority
28-10-13, 22:19
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/erp-rates-four-gantries-increase-s1-during-morning-peak-period

Ya, read about it.
How come COE so expensive, ERP still go up?
Faintz !:scared-5:

Lucky I am not affected.

it have to catch up with affordability. once people dont feel the pinch its not effective.

The other thing is to push eventually companies who dont need to be in CBD to not have office in CBD. but go to the sattlite offices. industry to go west, logistic east, and export or imports to malaysia north.

radha08
28-10-13, 22:44
pay n pay:banghead::banghead:

irisng
29-10-13, 08:21
ERP is a cash cow for gahment. COE is an even fatter cash cow. Saying COE is to limit and controlling the growth and utilisation of cars in a planned 6.9 million is a 1000% farce.

Now you see it !!! :doh:

From my observation on my area (BKE/PIE), the traffic is always very smooth when there is a school holiday but we still need to pay ERP within the stipulated time. I thought ERP is implemented to control the heavy traffic but in this case, it is not. If only there is a ERP system that can detect the flow of the traffic, eg if there is a heavy traffic, then there is a charges but if smooth traffic, then there won't be any charges and not charge by the time frame as what it is now.

Actually, some of the highway at certain time also not much traffic but don't know why the ERP light is also on.:rolleyes:

alamak
29-10-13, 09:20
From my observation on my area (BKE/PIE), the traffic is always very smooth when there is a school holiday but we still need to pay ERP within the stipulated time. I thought ERP is implemented to control the heavy traffic but in this case, it is not. If only there is a ERP system that can detect the flow of the traffic, eg if there is a heavy traffic, then there is a charges but if smooth traffic, then there won't be any charges and not charge by the time frame as what it is now.

Actually, some of the highway at certain time also not much traffic but don't know why the ERP light is also on.:rolleyes:

In ex-Head Civil servants Ngiam Tong Dow conversation with SMA, reflecting PAP's gahment mentality the old man actually
said "it's OK to collect more money from the people" when asked about implementing GST for basic transport which affects the poor more than the rich.

So you can see the deeply- rooted Pay and Pay mentality ...:banghead:

Is ERP and COE implementations for its real purpose or is it for cash cow collections .. Can't see any $ collection policies rescind even the out-dated Toilet tax fees (for old faceecs bucket collection) still in your utility bills.

Only see the Death/Estate duties hush hush got abolished by thaman (excuse was - it to insignificant and minority) without even parliament seating just after some folk burst the head ... Truth is KPH family (not exempted at time of his death) contribute hundred of millions $$ to hospital constructions as part of tax . What about our elite miw :simmering:

minority
29-10-13, 10:15
pay n pay:banghead::banghead:

some rather pay n pay then jam and stuck. don't want to pay then don't drive. have choice 1.

minority
29-10-13, 10:16
In ex-Head Civil servants Ngiam Tong Dow conversation with SMA, reflecting PAP's gahment mentality the old man actually
said "it's OK to collect more money from the people" when asked about implementing GST for basic transport which affects the poor more than the rich.

So you can see the deeply- rooted Pay and Pay mentality ...:banghead:

Is ERP and COE implementations for its real purpose or is it for cash cow collections .. Can't see any $ collection policies rescind even the out-dated Toilet tax fees (for old faceecs bucket collection) still in your utility bills.

Only see the Death/Estate duties hush hush got abolished by thaman (excuse was - it to insignificant and minority) without even parliament seating just after some folk burst the head ... Truth is KPH family (not exempted at time of his death) contribute hundred of millions $$ to hospital constructions as part of tax . What about our elite miw :simmering:

collect from the rich people. car is a LUXURY. anyway its in to the city. don't go city lor. take a train to the city then.

DC33_2008
29-10-13, 10:30
Unfortunately, trains are also not reliable these days. :o
collect from the rich people. car is a LUXURY. anyway its in to the city. don't go city lor. take a train to the city then.

hopeful
29-10-13, 10:47
......KPH family (not exempted at time of his death) contribute hundred of millions $$ to hospital constructions as part of tax . What about our elite miw :simmering:

hearsay only: police please dont catch me.
it is not because of estate duty la. estate duty payable in donations meh?
because of certain irregularities in goodwood park holdings publicly held shares and undisclosed stakes in other companies.

in other countries, to avoid prison and fine, usually a deal is setup. in other countries, children have to let go of their stakes in their inherited bank to the government and also donate money to built a hospital.
i am not sure whether it is done in singapore or not. truly i dont know.

wt_know
29-10-13, 10:52
CTE is the worst expressway in Singapore
just raise it to $20 a pop ...
no time wasting game of raising $1-by-$1

Sandiwara
29-10-13, 11:06

Collect from the rich people ---> Punish rich People

onglai
29-10-13, 11:21

which country is not collect from the rich? the skill is to collect n yet dun let them feel the pinch.

star
29-10-13, 11:30
If can afford a car at $70k COE $6 is nothing. Moreover u all as a landlord benefit from rental income if all foreign talent go back or no population increase by the blue paper pain will come in. $6 is just a small price to paid and its a luxury to drive car into city.

minority
29-10-13, 11:45
Unfortunately, trains are also not reliable these days. :o

take bus. also got taxi. many option.

well want reliability and quick quick. they comes at a cost loh.

minority
29-10-13, 11:46

Frankly if can afford a car. these days with inflation of $ . $6 is the new $3. coz people don't feel $3 much any more.

DMCK
29-10-13, 12:15
i can see BMW stopping at road shoulder just to wait for the ERP to disappear:doh:

Shanhz
30-10-13, 08:57
i can see BMW stopping at road shoulder just to wait for the ERP to disappear:doh:

spend too much to buy BMW, no money left for erp mah.

irisng
30-10-13, 21:07
some rather pay n pay then jam and stuck. don't want to pay then don't drive. have choice 1.

But mine is jam, then pay, no jam don't need to pay.:cool:

Came out at 7am. If no jam, pass by the ERP at 7.15-7.20am and reach office by 7.30am but if heavy traffic, pass by the same ERP at 7.30 to 7.35am and reach office at 7.45 to 8am. Oh yes, the ERP that I need to drive thru starts at 7.30am (1 fee) and 7.35am, another fee, an increase of another $1.