PDA

View Full Version : Where have you travelled to and where you like most.

darling
28-10-13, 10:18
For a moment, stop talking about property prices, investment, inheritance.

A thread to relax to share with us where have you travel to and which country do you like it best.

mermaid
28-10-13, 10:22
Just for coffeeshop talk. Where have you travel to and which country do you like it best.

hey! I was jus tinking abt to start a travelling thread tis morning :D

I hv not been to too many places la,
but food tat I like most is Zhuhai.

Bkk is gd too ~ cheap, gd food, massage & cheap shopping.

hope to hv more chance to visit scenic countries like Switzerland, Japan, cananda, jiu zhai gou, & many china scenic spots ...

princess_morbucks
28-10-13, 10:27
I have travelled to most places SIA flies to, as my dad worked in SIA before and i had free travel.
As a child, I dreaded to travel, but my parents lugged us along to make use of the free travel.
It was first class travel and they said we had to make full use of it.
We stayed in first class hotels as my dad could get discount, and if we followed him on the flight, it was free.
Most of the time he was given a suite and we could bunk in comfortably.

As a child, I did not appreciate much of that.
I developed a distaste for travel even until now.

I love Japan best, followed by Australia.
Hokkaido is my favourite place in Japan, and Melbourne, my favourite in Australia.
I believe that in order to appreciate a country well, it is better to stay there for a while, than to just tour there for a few days.

Simi
28-10-13, 18:14
I have travelled to most places SIA flies to, as my dad worked in SIA before and i had free travel.
As a child, I dreaded to travel, but my parents lugged us along to make use of the free travel.
We stayed in first class hotels as my dad could get discount, and if we followed him on the flight, it was free.

Hokkaido is my favourite place in Japan, and Melbourne, my favourite in Australia.
I believe that in order to appreciate a country well, it is better to stay there for a while, than to just tour there for a few days.

Maybe my most memorable

Tokyo, Japan

was in a shopping centre and was dying for a puff
so went into a cubicle inside the restroom

Lighted up and the alarm went off immediately ...........:doh::D

so malu ..on the way out of the restroom :(

princess_morbucks
28-10-13, 18:18
Maybe my most memorable

Tokyo, Japan

was in a shopping centre and was dying for a puff
so went into a cubicle inside the restroom

Lighted up and the alarm went off immediately ...........:doh::D

so malu ..on the way out of the restroom :(

Notty you!

LOL..at first I tot u wanted to eat those cream puff, then I realized you meant tobacco related products :o.

I like the toilets in Tokyo.
Got seat warmer and water to wash.
Their toilets are so clean.

Wynyard
28-10-13, 19:27

Fully agreed with you. Have stayed in Australia for a while, really like their weather. I remembered I was sitting in front of my windows 10 mins everyday just to watch how the tree outside my apt became botak in autumn thru winter ;)

princess_morbucks
28-10-13, 20:06
Fully agreed with you. Have stayed in Australia for a while, really like their weather. I remembered I was sitting in front of my windows 10 mins everyday just to watch how the tree outside my apt became botak in autumn thru winter ;)

That's really appreciation of nature!
Wynyard is a train station in Sydney.
I presume u resided in Sydney?

sherlock
28-10-13, 20:23
Have travelled to most countries in Asia... but the place i like best is Taiwan. Not that Japan is no good, just feel that the Taiwanese are more like Singaporeans albeit more courteous and their service impeccable.

Been there many times on work and wifey also love the place. Will be going there again this year - our 5th in 8 years

Simi
28-10-13, 21:35
Have travelled to most countries in Asia... but the place i like best is Taiwan. Not that Japan is no good, just feel that the Taiwanese are more like Singaporeans albeit more courteous and their service impeccable.

Been there many times on work and wifey also love the place. Will be going there again this year - our 5th in 8 years

Yes the ladies there very 熱情

unlike some places they give you the 30cents eye :)

proud owner
28-10-13, 21:45
Top 5 favorite places

1. Tuscany, Italy
2. Skye, Scotland
3. Hokkaiddo, Japan
4. Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
5. Westchester , NY

indomie
28-10-13, 22:21
My fav place to travel is Singapore. Only 1 hour flight from Jakarta. Although I have been in and out of Singapore all my life, recently I have a new found interest. I slow down my pace and and able look at the place quite differently. Take a random bus, eat at random eateries. Even Orchard road can be quite interesting, just get into shops that I normally won't.

princess_morbucks
28-10-13, 22:35
My fav place to travel is Singapore. Only 1 hour flight from Jakarta. Although I have been in and out of Singapore all my life, recently I have a new found interest. I slow down my pace and and able look at the place quite differently. Take a random bus, eat at random eateries. Even Orchard road can be quite interesting, just get into shops that I normally won't.

Actually, as long as a country is relatively safe (eg Singapore), it is always a pleasure just soaking into the culture, do what the locals do, eat what the locals eat and just stand and stare at the surroundings.

For me, I like to stroll along Katong and Joo Chiat.

proud owner
28-10-13, 22:38

bro...

I need some info on Indonesia ... can u help ?

care to PM me please?

indomie
28-10-13, 22:42
bro...

I need some info on Indonesia ... can u help ?

care to PM me please?

Anything I can do for u. No need PM. Here can do.

Wynyard
28-10-13, 22:54
That's really appreciation of nature!
Wynyard is a train station in Sydney.
I presume u resided in Sydney?

Yes, you are right. :D

dtrax
28-10-13, 22:58
http://www.yatzer.com/great-escapes-on-planet-earth

proud owner
28-10-13, 23:09
Anything I can do for u. No need PM. Here can do.

hhhmmm not property related

CondoInterested
29-10-13, 00:52
hmm... ya Japan is a nice place, it's the first time my whole family went there for holiday with my little princess only 2 years old. Starts from Osaka and completes in Tokyo.

Nice places include, Switzerland, Austria, Prague (Czech), Australia, Korea

Places went before, some holiday, some biz trip, some both, from near to far, may have missed some,
1. Singapore
2. Johor (Malaysia)
3. Malacca (Malaysia)
4. KL (Malaysia)
5. Penang (Malaysia)
6. Tioman (Malaysia)
7. Cameron Highland (Malaysia, likes this place too)
8. Medan / Lake Toba (Indonedia, Lake Toba is beautiful)
9. Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, NSW (Australia, like the relax life there)
10. HK
11. Yunan (China)
12. Guizhou (China)
13. Shenzhen (China)
14. Huizhou (China)
15. Nanjing (China)
16. Shanghai (China)
17. Wuhu (China)
18. Japan
19. Korea
20. Paris (France)
21. Cambridge (England)
22. London (England)
23. Amsterdam (Holland)
24. Zurich (Switzerland)
25. Lucerne (switzerland)
26. Vienna (Austria)
27. Sulzburg (Austria, where Sound of Music was filmed)
28. Zell am see (this lake is very beautiful) / Kaprun (Austria)
29. Innsbruck (Austria)
30. Budapest (Hungary)
31. Munchen / Munich (Germany)
32. Prague (Czech)
33. Texas (US)
34. San Francisco (US)
35. Reno (US)
36. Las Vegas (US)
37. Grand Canyon (US)
38. LA (US)
39. Palm Desert (US)

CondoInterested
29-10-13, 01:05
Argh...

Cannot edit anymore.

40. Cairns (France, has a nice beach, but went at the wrong season) :D

Shanhz
29-10-13, 09:18

my family practically go taiwan every year

Shanhz
29-10-13, 09:20

sometimes, 生在福中不知福 :)

my kids love to travel becoz it is such a rare trip for them. once a yr, sometimes once in 2 years. we love hokkaido too, went twice but since the nuclear incident, we have stopped gg.

sherlock
29-10-13, 11:27
Yes the ladies there very 熱情

unlike some places they give you the 30cents eye :)

U mean the 嫔郎妹?LOL

princess_morbucks
29-10-13, 12:37
sometimes, 生在福中不知福 :)

my kids love to travel becoz it is such a rare trip for them. once a yr, sometimes once in 2 years. we love hokkaido too, went twice but since the nuclear incident, we have stopped gg.

Yes that's true.
Too much of everything can become a chore.
Even till now, I dislike travelling, but I travel so that my kids will not be deprived.

I also haven't visited Japan after the nuclear accident.
Previously I visited it quite often to visit my relatives and friends there.
Lol..now they come to Singapore to visit me.

I prefer to laze at home and enjoy the condo facilities while I am on leave.

azeoprop
29-10-13, 14:21
Some of my more memorable trips are:
Leh, india.
Jomson trek, nepal.
Tibet, china.
Yunnan, china.

:)