PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Girls' school to lose 400m track to make way for Bidadari estate

chloechen
23-10-13, 09:27
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/cedar-girls-school-lose-400m-track-make-way-bidadari-estate-20131023

By Daryl Chin

The well-known Cedar Girls' Secondary School track will make way for the new Bidadari estate.

This was confirmed in Parliament on Monday, when the Ministry of National Development (MND), replying to a question by Potong Pasir MP Sitoh Yih Pin, said the lease on the 400m track will not be renewed when it ends in 2017.

The latest lease on the field, which began in 2007, was given the green light as the Government had no immediate need for it. "It was understood and agreed that the lease... will be a temporary one," the statement read.

Now the field, which is also used by Cedar Primary, is set to make way for around 600 public flats, a road, a medical facility and a place of worship, leaving those who had been fighting to keep the track disappointed.

3C
23-10-13, 11:06
It seems to me that sgp is turning from a green garden to a grey garden. Everywhere in recent years could see one by one, green plot of land is disappearing. Sigh...

Lovelle
23-10-13, 11:08
It seems to me that sgp is turning from a green garden to a grey garden. Everywhere in recent years could see one by one, green plot of land is disappearing. Sigh...

Gov is chopping off all the greenary around bukit batok area to make way for more hdbs.

Sad,, since when we declare ourselves as Green City or City in the garden

august
23-10-13, 11:17

Yup, no longer Garden City. It is a joke now.

minority
23-10-13, 11:19
wats the big deal. u mean every school in Singapore have a track meh? in the name of inclusiveness then all school should not have tracks then. All same.

Take away the track they can always build a community track in the plan later and everyone in the community can use what. Why only limited to the schools!

azeoprop
23-10-13, 12:00
Yup, no longer Garden City. It is a joke now.

Concrete Jungle with people living like hens in claustrophobic battery cages. Everyone for themselves in the Singapore sardine can. :(

http://james-mcwilliams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chickens-in-cages.jpg

radha08
23-10-13, 15:28
so what else is new birds n bees loosing their trees so WHOLE world can call spore home:doh:

onglai
23-10-13, 15:35
it's just a running track. without track cannot run 400mtr ah?

mermaid
23-10-13, 15:59
it's just a running track. without track cannot run 400mtr ah?

cos w/o the running tracks they cannot conduct 2.4km run la :D

onglai
23-10-13, 16:22

isnt dat wat pple hate most?
:D:D:D

teddybear
23-10-13, 17:01
run round the school can already loh.... :o

proud owner
23-10-13, 17:06
Gov is chopping off all the greenary around bukit batok area to make way for more hdbs.

Sad,, since when we declare ourselves as Green City or City in the garden

notice we no longer call ours Garden City

I still recall sometime ago ... a landed house owner chopped off a tree in him own land ..... kana big time from some "green" group ...

whatever happen to the Green people ??? how come they don't dare to fight the govt whos chopping down trees ?

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:07
notice we no longer call ours Garden City

we will soon call ourselves
"garden of foreign talents"

cavaliver
23-10-13, 17:07
run round the school can already loh.... :o

True. I also walk my dog around my condo for his daily exercise :ashamed1:

proud owner
23-10-13, 17:08
ok

I am not familiar with schools ....

whats that girls' school near Balmoral ? occupying a huge piece of prime land ....

is that land privately owned ?

why govt don't move them out ?

Allthepies
23-10-13, 19:55
How about convert most of Singapore to rice padi fields, create lots of open Green spaces, our people can work as farmers, self sufficient, no fear of war (no money, no oil), no need NS,no need to be so stress for PSLE, O, A, level, scholarship, no need FT any more, angmo can come for holidays to see our padi fields and farmers :D:D:D:D

teddybear
23-10-13, 21:18
Near Balmoral?
Think you are referring to the boys school ACS Primary.
Not sure, think is church linked. Many of these very old schools' land are privately donated /bought using private donors' money, so govt cannot suka suka shift them, otherwise nobody going to donate to schools in future...

ok

I am not familiar with schools ....

whats that girls' school near Balmoral ? occupying a huge piece of prime land ....

is that land privately owned ?

why govt don't move them out ?

proud owner
24-10-13, 00:36
Near Balmoral?
Think you are referring to the boys school ACS Primary.
Not sure, think is church linked. Many of these very old schools' land are privately donated /bought using private donors' money, so govt cannot suka suka shift them, otherwise nobody going to donate to schools in future...

the girl school ... at the junction of Balmoral and Steven rd ..

who owns the land the school is sitting on ?

teddybear
24-10-13, 00:58
Short answer: The peranakans Tow Kays donated the land for SCGS... Belong to the school...

Long answer: The govt exchanged SCGS own land & building in Emerald Hill which belonged to SCGS (donated by overseas Chinese) for the land at junction of Balmoral-Steven Road... :p

the girl school ... at the junction of Balmoral and Steven rd ..

who owns the land the school is sitting on ?

blackjack21trader
24-10-13, 11:05
Singapore should develop lands outside the CCR and RCR area instead of giving up many prime lands like now. They should focus on improving infrastructure and support in OCR and thereby attracting more population to move into OCR.:doh:

blackjack21trader
24-10-13, 11:11
A recent survey done by me shows that expat still prefer living in the CCR. This mentality should be changed as in order to change that mentality, OCR must be sufficiently developed to convince them to change into OCR. With more population in OCR, public transport revenue should also increase much much more than now as more people have to travel around the island.

proud owner
24-10-13, 15:04
Short answer: The peranakans Tow Kays donated the land for SCGS... Belong to the school...

Long answer: The govt exchanged SCGS own land & building in Emerald Hill which belonged to SCGS (donated by overseas Chinese) for the land at junction of Balmoral-Steven Road... :p

thanks for info

my friend's great grand mother owned One Balmoral ...

many years bank it was loan to TCS to film "Wu Shou Nan Yang" ..

later sold and turned into a condo ( I believe ) and enbloc and now launching ONE BALMORAL

proud owner
24-10-13, 15:05
thanks for info

my friend's great grand mother owned One Balmoral ...

many years bank it was loan to TCS to film "Wu Shou Nan Yang" ..

later sold and turned into a condo ( I believe ) and enbloc and now launching ONE BALMORAL

the same family ... one of the uncles .... had a road named after him ...

Kheam Hock ...

that same family today still very very very rich ... despite having sold most of their land