PDA

View Full Version : Condo or Cash better?

darling
22-10-13, 18:55
Hi all I wanted to seek opinion here. My dad got a fully paid up condo 1986 99LH. He said he will sell before he die n give me the money. I have a HDB and a pte mm. Is it better for him to sell n give me the monies or is it better to give the condo to me? If he gave me the condo is there any implication to hav three homes - eg tax n all. Pls advise. Thanks.

tradert
22-10-13, 19:21
If he doesn't need to stay it in - cash is preferable to owning the condo. Any transfer will incur stamp duty, unless he wills it to you.

Of coz when it's in your name, you pay maintenance & property tax.

JNSYN
22-10-13, 19:28
Hi all I wanted to seek opinion here. My dad got a fully paid up condo 1986 99LH. He said he will sell before he die n give me the money. I have a HDB and a pte mm. Is it better for him to sell n give me the monies or is it better to give the condo to me? If he gave me the condo is there any implication to hav three homes - eg tax n all. Pls advise. Thanks.

Make sure he wills the property to u. No stamp duty or ABSD for u to own this third property. U can then decide if u like to keep it for rental or sell it for cash.

The Will should not say to sell and give u the money. If it is such then if u decide that u want to keep the property, u will have to pay stamp duty and ABSD.

darling
22-10-13, 19:29
So will to me better than selling it?

And one more thing. My parent also got a fully paid up HDB. She will to me and my sister 50-50. But I already got a HDB. So how does this work out ?

JNSYN
22-10-13, 19:35
So what if he will it to me? Does that means I no need to pay any stamp fee etc? So does willing it to me better than selling it?

If he wills, u only gets it after he pass on. No stamp duty and ABSD.

If he sells before he pass on then he probably will keep the $ and use first before passing the balance to u. :)

Which is better for u and which is better for him?:o

darling
22-10-13, 19:53
1986 99LH is it worth keeping?

august
22-10-13, 20:17

depends on location.

mermaid
22-10-13, 20:19

I tot the qn shd be"1986 LH still sellable for a gd price? Or better to retain for rental yield?

darling
22-10-13, 20:40
I tot the qn shd be"1986 LH still sellable for a gd price? Or better to retain for rental yield?

So be it then? What's your take? 3 bedder east coast.

mermaid
22-10-13, 20:54

I would prefer to take condo if cannot fetch a gd price.

relax88
22-10-13, 20:58

u married or got bf ?

if not can date you

Ringo33
22-10-13, 21:00

Are you the only child?
Is your dad living alone? Your mum?
If your dad is old and frail where is he going to live and who will provide financial support

Sandiwara
22-10-13, 21:07
Are you the only child?
Is your dad living alone? Your mum?
If your dad is old and frail where is he going to live and who will provide financial support

Poster need some answer not some question I think.

Sandiwara
22-10-13, 21:10
My take is Try to make passive income from the condo instead of selling it.

star
22-10-13, 21:10
Keep the condo. If u sell now u won't generate any income. And sell now u buy a new one will incur additional stamp duty. But make sure u sell it before reaching 60yrs lease.

mermaid
22-10-13, 21:13
u married or got bf ?

if not can date you

TS got say is a she meh?
U 恋母狂 issit? :D

relax88
22-10-13, 21:20
try mah

I love milf.

sometime more older more experience, who know she can teach me some tricks or perform some tricks

mermaid
22-10-13, 21:29
try mah

I love milf.

sometime more older more experience, who know she can teach me some tricks or perform some tricks

u dun regret. Milf most likely hv kids liao. she will nag at u as if she's yr mum, hahaha

relax88
22-10-13, 21:35
dated 1 before. divorcee, must wait till the 7 year old kid to sleep before we ah ah ah

no need go dating cos she no time after work look after son.

I only go her home around 10 + - just service her

but I tell you not naggy and not sticky cos I am secondary\

the son come first and weekend she not free and I can go cheong

best 11 months

chloechen
22-10-13, 21:42
dated 1 before. divorcee, must wait till the 7 year old kid to sleep before we ah ah ah

best 11 months

To most responsible mothers, the child is the priority, whether she is married or divorced.
It is children, followed by spouse/lover, then followed by other things eg bags:) in descending order of importance.

tradert
22-10-13, 21:54
To most responsible mothers, the child is the priority, whether she is married or divorced.
It is children, followed by spouse/lover, then followed by other things eg bags:) in descending order of importance.

If it's Ringo33, bags and watch are last in importance.

relax88
22-10-13, 21:56
she feel lonely and I can company her

I was surprise her sex urge very high almost everynite she want

so she get company and satisfaction

but sian is that sometime while ah ah halfway

the son wake up and cry then must stop damn sian

chloechen
22-10-13, 22:00

If he transfer to you by way of gift (ie before he dies), BSD and ABSD applies.
If he wills it to you, and you receive it after his death, you do not need to pay BSD and ABSD.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=8784

And one more thing. My parent also got a fully paid up HDB. She will to me and my sister 50-50. But I already got a HDB. So how does this work out ?

From your description, I assume your parents are divorced, and your mom has full ownership of the HDB flat.

After you have inherited the 50% of her HDB, you are required to sell you 50% share of the HDB as you already have a HDB.

mermaid
22-10-13, 22:34

best 11 months

actually u play play nia or serious wif women wif children?
raising kids for others not easy wor, u sure tat's wat u wan?
but when a woman got kids liao man is always secondary.

relax88
22-10-13, 23:03
What lei I only 21

just happy happy can already what she need company and sex I can give why not

What children almak the boy father is her ex. Not lim bei

why so serious u happy I happy ok liao correct

if I want wife I also go after the hot babe outside fullerton every friday

mermaid
22-10-13, 23:11
What lei I only 21

just happy happy can already what she need company and sex I can give why not

What children almak the boy father is her ex. Not lim bei

why so serious u happy I happy ok liao correct

if I want wife I also go after the hot babe outside fullerton every friday

precisely I noe tat u r very young tats y I asked if u r serious in the reln. My hunch is tat u r merely looking for a sex partner.
if u r looking at long term commitment u will consider many things.
It is not juz u happy, I happy can liao.
women wun be wif u for long, if sex is not wat they r after. (im not talking abt $ here)

relax88
22-10-13, 23:19
Ai ya everyone love sex

Anyway many milf here .. only need to find.

indomie
22-10-13, 23:46
Ai ya everyone love sex

Anyway many milf here .. only need to find.
In my opinion what you are doing having a non commited relationship is like renting a property. Of course there are advantages in "renting", but if you want to fully enjoy all aspects of the relationship you have to "buy". Having someone special to really love you is not the same as just a physical intimacy.

I think you should really consider "buying" now, than keep on "renting". Or in the property world we call it "miss the boat". Because heart don't lie. When the love is gone..... Its gone.

relax88
22-10-13, 23:54
Wah liao. Lim bei now want play , fun, ons

what renting what buy

wait lar, I go play around until I song song then I think

now so many pretty gal to choose can wait one

dont worry

milf is special cos everyone happy

no time lar what settle down siao

indomie
23-10-13, 00:06
Wah liao. Lim bei now want play , fun, ons

what renting what buy

wait lar, I go play around until I song song then I think

now so many pretty gal to choose can wait one

dont worry

milf is special cos everyone happy

no time lar what settle down siao
U don't love a woman because she can do acrobat in bed. U love her because she feed u when u are hungry, because she take care of u when u are sick, because she support u when u are down.

If u are lucky, u may come across this one woman of your life. And the rest of the "beauties" suddenly not so important anymore.

Invest in your heart. Once u pollute your heart, even if an angel is send for u from heaven. U can't see it with your own eye.

proud owner
23-10-13, 01:03
Make sure he wills the property to u. No stamp duty or ABSD for u to own this third property. U can then decide if u like to keep it for rental or sell it for cash.

The Will should not say to sell and give u the money. If it is such then if u decide that u want to keep the property, u will have to pay stamp duty and ABSD.

hihih JNSYN

are you certain that if his dad will the prop to him, and move on ... he need not pay Stamp duty and ABSD ?

proud owner
23-10-13, 01:10
U don't love a woman because she can do acrobat in bed. U love her because she feed u when u are hungry, because she take care of u when u are sick, because she support u when u are down.

If u are lucky, u may come across this one woman of your life. And the rest of the "beauties" suddenly not so important anymore.

Invest in your heart. Once u pollute your heart, even if an angel is send for u from heaven. U can't see it with your own eye.

for all of that ...men give her full access of everything ...

and when the Love is gone .... he loses everything ... while she gains everything he ever owns ...

my friend's parents ...just got divorced ... they are almost in their 70's

lifeline
23-10-13, 02:23
are you certain that if his dad will the prop to him, and move on ... he need not pay Stamp duty and ABSD ?

http://communicate.sg/news/201302/more-home-owners-decoupling-property-to-avoid-hefty-duty.html

One aspect has to do with a will that bequeaths a property with apparent instruction for sale, so that the beneficiary receives the sale proceeds of a property rather than the property itself.

This could entail the executor of the will selling the property and distributing the proceeds to those named in the will. No tax is payable on the distribution of sale proceeds to the beneficiary.

If, however, instead of selling the property, the executor transfers the property to the beneficiary, the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore’s (Iras) position is that stamp duty – and in turn ABSD, if applicable – should be paid, Mr Singh said.

Take a Singaporean who owns a private home, and is then left the proceeds of a property by his deceased parent.

If he opts to keep this property instead of allowing it to be sold as stated in the will, he will have to stump up 10 per cent in stamp duty based on a market valuation. This includes the standard 3 per cent and the additional 7 per cent, as it is a second home.

A PR in the same position has to pay the standard 3 per cent plus the additional 10 per cent.

If the son then sells the inherited apartment within four years, he will also be subject to the seller’s stamp duty (SSD) of up to 16 per cent.

“We don’t think (having ABSD or SSD levied on such inheritances) is correct, we presently have two instructions to object and to appeal against (Iras’) position,” Mr Singh said. “If the response from Iras is not satisfactory, we may take a court ruling for it.”

Lawyers note that if the will had instructed for the physical property be handed down to the son, no stamp duty applies, thus this same rule should be applied even in these alternative cases.

JNSYN
23-10-13, 06:27
hihih JNSYN

Others have replied.

So found another way to avoid ABSD. But with TDSR, this method is not easy unless u r able to fully pay for the property. And make sure no siblings will contest with u.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 07:05
Poster need some answer not some question I think.

these are important questions to think about before you ask if to inherit condo or cash is better.

triple70
23-10-13, 07:19

To your first question.. Need to be sensitive about it. If dad did not ask your opinion, do not bring this topic up. But if he ask for your preference, then it is better to take the condo. With all the Stamp Duties and TDSR, to be a multiple property owner is really a major achievement. Those 1986 era condo shd be quite spacious design, so I do see them holding on to their value, especially if owner occupied.

For the HDB flat, advise your mom never to do a 50-50 split. By virtue that she mentions a percentage, that automatically becomes a tenancy-in-common. Which means your sister can technically sell her half share to a stranger and that will be quite an interesting arrangement after that for you.

If u already own a HDB.. likely u will be required to dispose of 1 of them within a certain timeframe. Many ppl have faced this issue, and this HDB policy of disposal is not likely to be appealable.

Personally, I wld suggest that the flat be willed to 1 willing party, for disposal or retention, and within 1 year, half of the value be assigned as a debt to the other party.

darling
23-10-13, 08:57
these are important questions to think about before you ask if to inherit condo or cash is better.

Hi thanks. Dad is welcome to stay with me in my exec but he does not want. Dad is self sufficient with his own medisave, he has more than me. Mum staying with me. The fully paid up 5 room HDB in the east is renting out at 3K a month (is that a gd rental btw?) Both are in their 70s now and recentally some 70s relatives died and we started to talk about inheritance.

Btw just to side track a little - heard that if one dies the medisave all go back to govt?

darling
23-10-13, 09:02
To your first question.. Need to be sensitive about it. If dad did not ask your opinion, do not bring this topic up. But if he ask for your preference, then it is better to take the condo. With all the Stamp Duties and TDSR, to be a multiple property owner is really a major achievement. Those 1986 era condo shd be quite spacious design, so I do see them holding on to their value, especially if owner occupied.

For the HDB flat, advise your mom never to do a 50-50 split. By virtue that she mentions a percentage, that automatically becomes a tenancy-in-common. Which means your sister can technically sell her half share to a stranger and that will be quite an interesting arrangement after that for you.

If u already own a HDB.. likely u will be required to dispose of 1 of them within a certain timeframe. Many ppl have faced this issue, and this HDB policy of disposal is not likely to be appealable.

Personally, I wld suggest that the flat be willed to 1 willing party, for disposal or retention, and within 1 year, half of the value be assigned as a debt to the other party.

To will the HDB to one party is very tricky. Can it be stated in the will that the party who inherited the HDB will need to pay 50 per cent of the valuation of the flat to the other sibling?

Can you explain how do i dispose the HDB 50 per cent if mum will 50-50?

Actually what is the value of the condo i have no idea. its a 4 bedder PC at east coast (sorry at first i thought its a 3 bedder just found out its actually a 4 bedder)?

In earlier post someone mentioned to sell the PC before the LH is 60 years. Why must i sell before the LH is 60 years?

Thanks for all you input.

chloechen
23-10-13, 09:06
Btw just to side track a little - heard that if one dies the medisave all go back to govt?

Don't scare people lah.
It will not go back to the govt.

http://ask-us.cpf.gov.sg/cs/idcplg?IdcService=EFA_RENDER_HOMEPAGE_RIGHT_PANEL&isBrowsingTree=1&initCollectionID=381844984100003842&pageNumber=1

Q: What happens to my Medisave balance when I die?
A:

Your Medisave balance will be used in full to pay your last hospitalisation bill if you have authorised the use of your Medisave to pay the bill before your demise.

If you have not signed the Medisave Authorisation Form (MAF) before your demise, your immediate family members (spouse, parents, or child who is 18 years and above) or your deputy/donee appointed under the Mental Capacity Act may do so, provided that the Medisave balance has not been paid out to your nominee(s).

In the event that you do not have any immediate family members or deputy/donee to sign the MAF, a relative who has been taking care of you may also write in to the Ministry of Health through the hospital to seek approval for him to authorise the withdrawal of your Medisave to pay your last inpatient medical bill.
The remaining Medisave balance, after the payment of the last medical bill, will be distributed in accordance with the CPF laws.

For more information on nomination, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this medisave authorisation form?
I don't even remember signing it :scared-5:.

mermaid
23-10-13, 09:25
In my opinion what you are doing having a non commited relationship is like renting a property. Of course there are advantages in "renting", but if you want to fully enjoy all aspects of the relationship you have to "buy". Having someone special to really love you is not the same as just a physical intimacy.

I think you should really consider "buying" now, than keep on "renting". Or in the property world we call it "miss the boat". Because heart don't lie. When the love is gone..... Its gone.

hahaha, tat's a cute analogy. but in his scenario, if he buys one, he can no longer rent wor! :tongue3:

tink he will be the sort who will get sick staying in 1 fixed place.

mermaid
23-10-13, 09:28

it is easy to satisfy a man. juz nid to give him gd food & gd sex. 缺一不可 :tsk-tsk:
tink it will be harder to satisfy a woman :scared-5: lol!!! :D

Tek888
23-10-13, 09:28
This is an interesting topic. I haven't given it much thought till I see this thread :)

When I did my will some 10 years ago, it's simply everything goes to my wife or if my wife is no longer around, everything goes to my kid.

So I better relook at my will again and see if there is a need to revise it so that my properties go to my kid instead of the need to sell it when both of us pass on.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 09:29
Hi thanks. Dad is welcome to stay with me in my exec but he does not want. Dad is self sufficient with his own medisave, he has more than me. Mum staying with me. The fully paid up 5 room HDB in the east is renting out at 3K a month (is that a gd rental btw?) Both are in their 70s now and recentally some 70s relatives died and we started to talk about inheritance.

As your parent age their expenses will rise and during that phase someone will need to pay for their medical and ither expenses. That is something which medisave will not be enough to cover.

And as long as your dad doesn't know when he is dying or how, then how will he know when he need to sell his property?

What about your sibling? Is she not interested in your dad property?

mermaid
23-10-13, 09:29

I tot medisave will be pass to the children?
but if no children or relative how?

darling
23-10-13, 10:24
As your parent age their expenses will rise and during that phase someone will need to pay for their medical and ither expenses. That is something which medisave will not be enough to cover.

And as long as your dad doesn't know when he is dying or how, then how will he know when he need to sell his property?

What about your sibling? Is she not interested in your dad property?

according to mum, my dad actually got more than one property. i am only talking about the one i know he is currently living in. he recently brought up that he will sell and give me the monies when he die that's why this thread got started. he probably thot of selling this 4 bedder and move to the smaller one i suppose. actually i not sure. i dont dare to ask. because he never mention about other properties to me before. once he only said something like the apartment very small and dun worth much. according to mum he has two more. but whether got woman there or not i don't know but i know he has no other children and not married to any woman.

my sister. very complicated. no property here. she bought properties overseas. she said here very expensive and small and prefer to buy house overseas that's all i know about her. we also dont talk much but we are not hostile. just dont talk.

coming back to HDB, how is it possible to get 50-50 and keep the rental going? is it possible? my sister has no HDB here, so technically she can inherit the HDB from mum with no need to sell.

minority
23-10-13, 11:02

depends on ur liability and income status. u can pass u the cash do u know wat to do with the cash? equity or another property?

it its the latter maybe better to will the property to u as there is no estate tax . no need to pay agent fee and ABSD or SSD. etc u can still rent it out for $$

but if the property is old and problematic. maybe take cash leverage on 2 more new ones.

if u need the cash. sell and use the cash.

but either way remember to buy the forum folks a round of beer for the advice.!

DC33_2008
23-10-13, 11:51
Get proper advise when doing your will so as to minimize tax.;)
This is an interesting topic. I haven't given it much thought till I see this thread :)

When I did my will some 10 years ago, it's simply everything goes to my wife or if my wife is no longer around, everything goes to my kid.

So I better relook at my will again and see if there is a need to revise it so that my properties go to my kid instead of the need to sell it when both of us pass on.

darling
23-10-13, 12:18
u married or got bf ?

if not can date you

relax88, i m a woman that will only belong to one man. :tongue3: Even if my man die, i will not look for another one. i need a man to procreate only. The job is done now. Why should i look for another man. i would rather spent time with my kids or read/travel to enrich myself rather than go round looking for the lesser man.

relax88
23-10-13, 12:35
relax88, i m a woman that will only belong to one man. :tongue3: Even if my man die, i will not look for another one. i need a man to procreate only. The job is done now. Why should i look for another man. i would rather spent time with my kids or read/travel to enrich myself rather than go round looking for the lesser man.

Come lar baby u never try u never know mah

Cannot be love can be friend friend mah

Tek888
23-10-13, 16:39
Get proper advise when doing your will so as to minimize tax.;)

yes very good advice :)

I intend to revise my will when my kid turns 21. So I don't need to assign a guardian.....a bit troublesome.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 16:44
according to mum, my dad actually got more than one property. i am only talking about the one i know he is currently living in. he recently brought up that he will sell and give me the monies when he die that's why this thread got started. he probably thot of selling this 4 bedder and move to the smaller one i suppose. actually i not sure. i dont dare to ask. because he never mention about other properties to me before. once he only said something like the apartment very small and dun worth much. according to mum he has two more. but whether got woman there or not i don't know but i know he has no other children and not married to any woman.

my sister. very complicated. no property here. she bought properties overseas. she said here very expensive and small and prefer to buy house overseas that's all i know about her. we also dont talk much but we are not hostile. just dont talk.

coming back to HDB, how is it possible to get 50-50 and keep the rental going? is it possible? my sister has no HDB here, so technically she can inherit the HDB from mum with no need to sell.

It doesnt really sound like your sister is not interested in the property or cash. You might want to ask your dad to make it very clear from the start so that you and your sister doesnt end up suing each other in court.

My suggestion is dont sweat over it, when the day comes you will know what you are going to get and I am not suggesting you should be looking forward to that day.

JNSYN
23-10-13, 16:49
I tot medisave will be pass to the children?
but if no children or relative how?

If no children or relative, then no need to worry where the money goes..bank takes it, government takes it, if gold bar in safe box, bank takes it.

You might too young to know the NKF scandal, where the NKF "Sales" go round to convince lonely seniors to will their assets to NKF. Portion of this money probably end up as pay check to the "Sales" and the golden tap in the office.

cavaliver
23-10-13, 17:00
If no children or relative, then no need to worry where the money goes..bank takes it, government takes it, if gold bar in safe box, bank takes it.

You might too young to know the NKF scandal, where the NKF "Sales" go round to convince lonely seniors to will their assets to NKF. Portion of this money probably end up as pay check to the "Sales" and the golden tap in the office.

After reading this thread I think it s time for me to do my will

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:00

oh, so if say one dun hv any kins left when he was abt to die :p how to siphon medisave/CPF out huh?
besides migrate.

onglai
23-10-13, 17:04
inherited wealth is just like money fall from sky, so cash or condo oso good for me. got wat take wat loh...

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:06
inherited wealth is just like money fall from sky, so cash or condo oso good for me. got wat take wat loh...

inherit shit u wan onot? :D

onglai
23-10-13, 17:06
oh, so if say one dun hv any kins left when he was abt to die :p how to siphon medisave/CPF out huh?
besides migrate.

dying already still tink of money?? deserve to die la!

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:10
dying already still tink of money?? deserve to die la!

simi? I rather stuff myself with my $ when I die & let it rot inside my corpse than to 便宜那些混蛋!

onglai
23-10-13, 17:17
simi? I rather stuff myself with my $ when I die & let it rot inside my corpse than to 便宜那些混蛋!

like dat worse... u die without a full body... they will make sure they cut your boy into million pieces to make sure they din miss anything.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:23
like dat worse... u die without a full body... they will make sure they cut your boy into million pieces to make sure they din miss anything.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

if u cut up the body, the notes will be cut into pieces as well :47:

hmmm ... in the end, my dead body will be very precious, full of 10k notes :D I will use superglue to stick it onto my body so tat they cannot be removed.

mayb they will try their means to preserve my body in order to preserve the notes.
who noes! they might even put it inside the museum! :D

DC33_2008
23-10-13, 17:30
I do not think the will needs to go into detail which property goes to who. Cash/shares are easier. It is easier to allocate in % share unless there is a need to be more specific with certain asset.
yes very good advice :)

I intend to revise my will when my kid turns 21. So I don't need to assign a guardian.....a bit troublesome.

onglai
23-10-13, 17:36
hmmm ... in the end, my dead body will be very precious, full of 10k notes :D I will use superglue to stick it onto my body so tat they cannot be removed.
:D

lol.. maybe you can live 10 years longer if u DONT do that..

Cupcakes
23-10-13, 18:00
got money headache, no money also headache

lifeline
23-10-13, 18:53
After reading this thread I think it s time for me to do my will

Besides the will, consider also the LPA (lasting power of attorney) :
http://www.publicguardian.gov.sg/PrePlan/TheLastingPowerofAttorney.aspx

triple70
23-10-13, 22:13
To will the HDB to one party is very tricky. Can it be stated in the will that the party who inherited the HDB will need to pay 50 per cent of the valuation of the flat to the other sibling?

Can you explain how do i dispose the HDB 50 per cent if mum will 50-50?

Actually what is the value of the condo i have no idea. its a 4 bedder PC at east coast (sorry at first i thought its a 3 bedder just found out its actually a 4 bedder)?

In earlier post someone mentioned to sell the PC before the LH is 60 years. Why must i sell before the LH is 60 years?

Thanks for all you input.
Can write anything in the will, but by stating to pay 50%.. then the party that gets the flat.. damn stress to raise the 50% cash owed to the other beneficiary. It's like being forced to sell leh.
If strike 4D get the 50%.. then have to sell the 50% of the HDB share to the other party. There is no such thing as gift/transfer FOC.

LH 60yrs. is related to taking bank loans or the use for CPF funds for such property. I can't remember which party has restrictions.. basically any buyer of less than 60yr property has to fork out substantially more cash. Thus.. usually there are lesser buyers and thus can't command any premium in the selling price.