PDA

View Full Version : Will I need to sell resale HDB after marriage?

boroangel
22-10-13, 09:18
Hi all,

Would like to check with some experts here regarding this:

- I am soon eligible to buy a resale HDB myself as I approach 35. Am a SG citizen.

- My partner owns a private condo herself under her name only.

- If I buy a resale HDB and then get married, do we have to sell our HDB as she already owns a private condo? We do not need to register both our names in both properties in future.

Wondering if I should go ahead and buy a resale HDB, if I have to sell it off anyway after marriage, no point going through all that trouble.

proud owner
22-10-13, 12:05
Hi all,

- I am soon eligible to buy a resale HDB myself as I approach 35. Am a SG citizen.

- If I buy a resale HDB and then get married, do we have to sell our HDB as she already owns a private condo? We do not need to register both our names in both properties in future.

Wondering if I should go ahead and buy a resale HDB, if I have to sell it off anyway after marriage, no point going through all that trouble.

a friend of mine used to own a private condo...

his girlfriend at that time co- owned a HDB with her ex husband which was not yet sold despite being divorced..

when she married my friend ... she decided to buy the HDB she and her ex-husband co-owned by buying his share of the HDB.

However ... HDB required that my friend be named in the HDB as they are now a family nucleus.

which they did ... and guess what ... my friend HAD to sell his condo within 6 mths ..

we all felt is was unfair ..as he owned the condo prior to even knowing the girl ...

anyway ...there was no way to get out of this stupid regulation ... she DID not buy the HDB but sold it..

for your case please check with HDB ... if it is at all necessary to name your wife as co-owner shud you get married..

Cupcakes
22-10-13, 12:12
did the gal buy over the share before her 2nd mariage or after? if before 2nd marriage, no issue..but after 2nd marriage confirm must include her current husband name lah. if i'm not wrong.

Arcachon
22-10-13, 12:30
In France they call it Cohabitation. Why go to the trouble of getting married when you will be worst off. ROI zero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohabitation

JNSYN
22-10-13, 19:38
Hi all,

Since u are over 35, u can own the HDB in ur name. I believe u need not include her name when u get married.

But again better chef with HDB

tradert
22-10-13, 20:37
Since u are over 35, u can own the HDB in ur name. I believe u need not include her name when u get married.

But again better chef with HDB

This is the best opportunity for TS to own both HDB and private condo without going through the 5 year wait for MOP.

Do check with HDB to be sure.

proud owner
24-10-13, 00:40
did the gal buy over the share before her 2nd mariage or after? if before 2nd marriage, no issue..but after 2nd marriage confirm must include her current husband name lah. if i'm not wrong.

unfortunately she was planning to use the 2nd husband's money to buy over the 1st husband's share

ahhahaha

shes smart ...

you are right ... HDB required the new hubby's name be included in the HDB ... and hence need to sell away the condo he bought before he even knew her

precisely he was unhappy that he had to sell his condo that they eventually decided NOT to buy that HDB